Some excellent Food preparation tips

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Some excellent Food preparation tips

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  YvonneB 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• On a non fasting regular eating day..of course it’s necessary to revise your diet even though it’s a so called normal eating day.

So here’s some great food to prepare & eat:

Take a whole squash and drop it cubes into a pot for 7 minutes in a rolling boil then cover and turn off. After ten minutes place the cubed squash (after peeling the skin) into a large mixing bowl with about 6-8 tablespoons of virgin olive oil. Add salt & pepper liberally and completely coat the squash.

Oven on @ 400 & place squash spread out on a large baking pan on foil. Cook for 35 minutes & leave in oven after turning off heat.

In ten minutes serve w a lean protein about 4-6 cubes of squash..delicious nutritious & filling low calories

Mangiamo!

Sounds fab – except what kind of squash are you using. If I do this to yellow squash it will fall apart. I can skip the boil and just cube it and put it in the oven.

Butternut is the only one I can think of that would hold up to this recipe. But I’d say If I peel the butter nut first and then cube it I can usually just put it in the oven.

So it may be that you are using a squash that is substantially more robust than I have here in the States.

Thank for sharing.

It’s an Asian hard squash u are correct.

good to know… Welcome to this way of life (WOL)

I also love super simple (clean some carrots) that usually means just scrubbing the outside like I would a potato, ONLY if I cant some to get the dirt off do I scrape the outside of the carrots.

Then cutting up bite sized pieces of carrots and just boiling them till they are soft 5-8 minutes.

Pour the whole thing into a bowl and enjoy as a super simple soup. At first I thought I was crazy, but after a day of Water Fasting, I’ll say that it was a welcome dinner.

enjoy!

Rabbette!

Thanks & I just asked my Filipino wife..it’s called ‘kaboucha’ or ‘kalabasa’ an Asian hard shelled gourd!! Does that now make sense?

Cheers friend!

Revue

This recipe sounds good I will give it a try!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.