So, week 1, today is my 2nd fast day…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
So, week 1, today is my 2nd fast day…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Started with my first fast day on Monday, and it was easier than expected due to me being pretty busy.

Eating normally on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday also went well enough, although on those days I followed the calories that my fitness pal says will see me lose 1kg per week, rather than what the 5:2 app I have suggested.

I’m finding today’s fast day a bit harder. My app has suggested 780 calories, is that high, I’m a 34 year old male, around 6’2″ and 100kg who runs about 3 or 4 times per week.

If I run on a fast day, can I slightly exceed that 780 with no negative effects on my weight loss?

Any tips for countering hunger on fast days would be much appreciated, I hope/assume it gets easier as the weeks go by…

Ignore the app, dm. Just do the 5:2 diet. Eat 600 quality calories 2 days/week. Use the Resources section of this site to calculate the number of calories to ingest on Slow Days and stick to it. Exercise as you normally would and do NOT pay attention to the temptation to say, “WOW. I just burned 500 calories therefore I can eat more food.” Not on a Fast Day, not on a Slow Day.

I’ve been at this for 4+ years. I do my 2 Fast Days at 600 calories and on Slow Days I eat around 1450 calories. go to the gym 2x/week, walk 5 miles/day. Yes, my FitBit gives me recommendations of how many calories to eat, but I keep my own counsel.

Good luck and let me know how it goes for you.

Tips for surviving a Fast Day:
    a] Slo-o-o-ow down the meal. When you put food in your mouth, put down the fork. You don’t have to chew 30 times, but don’t simply cram the food in your mouth while you read the email — savor it, taste it, and make it last.

b] Set goals by the clock.  After breakfast, vow not to put any calories in your mouth until noon. Then at noon, tell yourself that you can hold out for another 2 hours. Maybe setting a timer will help you: while the timer is ticking, don’t eat. This does not mean that you will eat when the timer rings! No. Set a new goal.

c] Distract yourself. After breakfast, I pour a large [1.5 cups] glass of water which I sip on until 2 pm. Then I have earned a hot cup of tea — something bold-tasting or soothing as mood dictates. A touch of honey in the drink provides a real lift. Mid- to late afternoon is difficult for me. Go for a walk [not to the kitchen or break-room!] or get involved in a long project to take your mind off eating.

d] Hide the temptation.  I stash the bowl of pistachios in the cupboard on Fast Days. Yes, I still know they are there, but out of sight, is out of mind.

e] Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow. This has a double meaning. 1]  If you yearn for something on a Fast Day, tell yourself that you can have it tomorrow. It is not a promise that you have to keep. Tomorrow it might not be calling to you.  2] Tomorrow is the day that you will weigh less. Tomorrow is also weeks from now when you will be slimmer and thinking about new clothes. Tomorrow will come.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.