Skipping breakfast works better

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  desperate but driven 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• I saw a post where someone said it’s easier to fast after you wake up. I am into my second full week of 5:2, and yesterday I abstained from food until 2pm, making it 18hrs since eating.
    This definitely worked better for me, as when I eat breakfast, the 8 hrs to dinner are just too painful. Well, not TOO painful, just distracting.
    Also, That gives me a longer stretch of fasting mode.

Great tip!

Hey Avalanche

I’m in to my second week and am doing 4:3 and have found that not eating breakfast makes fasting easier, although would love to know how you feel the day after a fasting day regarding breakfast…. I was never super keen on breakfast and now I don’t feel like eating it any day, I usually eat a late ‘brunch’ style thing and continue on from there on non-fasting days.
    Would love another’s perspective 🙂

Hi all

I am trying no brekky thing today I think I am on week ten. Always had egg. Had a large Greek salad out for dinner last night too much still full. Heathy but too much.

So today will be pumpkin soup home made lunch Cajun chicken and salad for dinner. Will take some cherries to work just in case the no brekky thing is too hard

I’ve done 2 weeks on 5.2 so far and decided for last Thursday not to have breakfast but an apple around 1030/11 ish, then lunch and dinner and found it worked much better for me.

Eating breakfast is a habit. We don’t need it despite what everyone from doctors to food manufacturers say about it being important. Children need breakfast, but adult bodies don’t need to grow any more and most of us are trying to shrink ours.

I eat dinner only on FDs and rarely before 11am on other days, call it breakfast, brunch, lunch, whatever you like and dinner in the evening.
    Do I feel deprived or spend my morning hungry? No.

I have coffee every morning with splash sometimes milk. That means I haven’t eaten since around 7pm night before. Then I hold off eating long as I can but usually end up having big salad with grilled chicken around 130. Then I only have liquids and if very starved have an apple that night. This is what I do on fast days!:) generally better for me to have bigger meal at one time. Today however I had veggie soup 130 and one piece 80 calorie wheat bread with 70 calorie slice cheese. My fit pal telling me I’m at 225 total calories so far. I’m seriously not even hungry at the moment. I swear by fit pal! Great app! So useful!

I am not a heavy person. I’m 5 foot 4 inches and weigh 136 pounds. My goal weight is to lose 10 more pounds but I alreAdy lost 5(started at 141) and started on jan 2.

Love this forum too and want to have some friends on here! 🙂 support always helps!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.