September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,071 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  FasterJo 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 1,074 total)

• USA Day 11 FD
    Just checking in!

Day 11 USA – NFD

Yesterday’s CD went just fine – about 900 calories. Happy with that, but stomach is growling this morning. I think I will have a nice breakfast and then have my Silver Sneakers class.

@sparklyshoes – we all wondered just what kind of world we were experiencing on 9-11 2001. Our son in NY City was my biggest concern, but he was fine. He did see the 2nd plane come past his office building at the time… scary. I still shake my head every time I go through an airport and lament how it used to be so easy before then. It is a crying shame there are such people in the world.

Onward and downward.

Day 11. Florida

NFD. Did pretty good on my fasting day. Went over a little. Not up to much. Will go exercise later.
    17 years since the attacks on USA. Still unbelievable. A lot of news on tv are remembering that day.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

Day 11 UK FD

Just about dragged myself through yesterday, tho WFD became a v low calorie FD when hunger kept me awake. Got up and had a hard boiled egg at 1130pm which just about did the trick.

I kept reminding myself how good I would feel today, and indeed I do. So much so that I thought I might as well segue into my 2nd FD of the week and get it done & dusted. From tomorrow I’m at a 2-day conference so can’t control what I eat quite so much. Making sure I’m taking my knitting and my phone charger, so i can either keep hands and brain focused either making hats for homeless people or tweeting about the talks!

Still weary and breathless today despite a good 8hrs sleep. Think it may take a bit longer to bounce back from last week. I’ve picked off the urgent things from the current Action List and planned as much as I can for the rest of this week so Fri/Sat can be proper rest days. Now just a few emails to send today then early shower, supper and long sleep. I’m hoping sleep by 9pm and up at 6.30pm might turn things around – otherwise I’ll just have to skip chunks of the conference tomorrow and find somewhere to lie down for a bit! Living gently.

@daffodil2010 warm wishes for a wonderful holiday! And thank you so much for getting this month’s challenge off to such a great start.

@dingping so sorry for your loss. And how sad for her husband.

@annemarilyn i was wearing a tent dress with pockets, and sitting down! I don’t do well with form fitting clothes – never have done – but am a great fan of stretchy natural fabrics, great cuts and anything with pockets. (I swore when I turned 50 that I would never go out without pockets again, and I haven’t!)

@matpi love the idea of making better decisions about food. I think that’s what I’m now finding too. I could buy sweets, cakes, carbs, drink alcohol any time I’m in a supermarket, and could eat so much more than I do but it doesn’t serve my goal – something I thought I’d never say! Generally now my relationship with food has been reset to a much more mindful one.I find myself eating a lot more veg-and I’ve been a veg-loving veggie for decades! Also staying away from processed foods – by taste as much as by inclination – and far more likely now to eat tofu, eggs, cheese, yogurt & nuts rather than Quorn products. I do love cauldron tho esp their vegan range – small steps 🙂

@shinything i found 2 FD, 4 CD and 1 NFD/FD have worked well for me. The NFD feels like a sabbath rest or party day, while the rest of the days have become much simpler. Mindful eating – who knew?!

@debster251 Thank you 🙂 I ws in hospital for several long stays alongside people with Guillaume Barre, and had a colleague who lived with its long term effects. They all showed such courage and strength in the face of losing control over their very breath. I think we all have it in us to respond to great struggle with endurance and fortitude, but we don’t realise until we need it.

@sarahbob woo hoo re good FD – did you change anything?

@beththenew congrats on your low – every milestone is worth celebrating 🙂

@sparklyshoes I’ve just started drinking homemade blackberry or elderberry shrub (sweet vinegar) in fizzy water. I love the sharp sweetness of it as well as the vitamins.

@rainbowsmile i hope you are having better days. This is just in case you need a lift 🙂 https://pixabay.com/en/gerbera-flower-decoration-flora-3186015/

Thinking of all those in the US affected by 9/11, remembering all who lost loved ones, had life-altering injuries or suffered other trauma. And all who have suffered in terrorist attacks around the world. 9/11 always seems symbolic of human destruction, but also hope in the responses of great courage and enduring love xxx

Day 11 fasting Pocket list – add yourself
    @cateaus
    @wellrounded
    @flourbaby
    @happymargo
    @fatfingers
    @bert1802
    @sparklyshoes
    @redrockgirl1802
    @ccco
    @michelinme

Day 11, Emden Germany 2nd post

@at hope you feel better soon, you’re being missed! Hugs

@johnnyr welcome back and @katymeg welcome too!

@missybear any news on your dad?

@skinnyminny57 how are your injuries doing?

@matpi I also do an extra FD when I think I overdid it, it seems to work. On the mind thing, I don’t have any eating rules, I eat whatever I want within reason. I don’t want to restrict myself anymore. I skipped suger for a while, but thought this was ridiculous, I can have it, just not every day. We always cook from stretch and don’t eat processed food at home. After losing several posts I don’t edit anymore, if there’s a mistake in it, so be it.

@dingping I’m sorry for your and OH’s loss.

@bert1802 how lovely to have a date night after being many years together.

@anna6 I think I’m going to try your WOE, it makes sense.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 11 – Eastern WA USA – LFD (42 hr)

Today marks 17 yrs since the 9/11/01 tragedy! It’s hard to believe it’s that long. People who were old enough at the time remember where they were when it happened. @songbirdme – wow! your son was that close. I bet that is seared in his memory.

Today is the 1st LFD of this week, also plan on making Thurs and Sat. LFDs.

@daffodil2010 – Enjoy! and safe travels!

@dingping – yes, I bet there are mixed feelings with your aunt passing. So glad she passed as she did! {{hugs & prayers}}

@happymargo – your’re right that when one is busy, a FD goes easier. I’m wondering though if it’s a challenge to stay hydrated in a job like yours.

@bert1802 – So glad your hubby surprised you with a date night.

@beththenew – woo-hoo! under 190! Keep safe with hurricane Florence! Let us know how you fare.

@sparklyshoes – good for you to have found a solution for your evening. Are you adding stevia to the ACV?

@michelinme – I’m so glad you’re tuned in to your body so you can keep on with healing. That’s interesting about what you were wearing when folks noticed your weightloss. You’re right though that the cut of things does make a difference.

@rainbowsmile – how are you doing? {{hugs}} just in case you need some.

Off to work on a long to do list but it should help the LFD go by quickly.

Glad we’re in this together!

Day 11 Canada FD

Adding myself to the pocket list!
    @cateaus
    @wellrounded
    @flourbaby
    @happymargo
    @fatfingers
    @bert1802
    @sparklyshoes
    @redrockgirl
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @bellyblast

Still Day 11.
    Forgot to add to the pocket list.

Day 11 FD list

Adding myself to the pocket list!
    @cateaus
    @wellrounded
    @flourbaby
    @happymargo
    @fatfingers
    @bert1802
    @sparklyshoes
    @redrockgirl
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @bellyblast
    @annemarilyn

Day 11, Gozo, Malta, cd

Today s fast day turned into a cd at around 1,200 calories.

I made a harissa chicken and bulgur weath pilaf by Justine Pattinson Easy One Pot Book at 328 calories per serving but I increased the chicken for all of us. I also made scented fish salad using creamed coconut, spices, olive oil, salad leaves, lettuce, filleted sea bream, mango, cucumber and tomatoes. I ate two and a half squares of chocolate, one banana and had diet hazelnut ice cream. Also a cereal nutty bar.

Onwards and downwards, have faith and carry on everyone.

2 Nd post

17 years since the attack on twin towers. My OH and I were in New York City. We had a reservation on one of the twin towers to dine with my brother and his family today 17 years ago at 8.00 pm. My OH was watching the news in the morning and just saw the second plane going into the second tower. My sister in law and I came in from outside just in time to see the smoking towers.

USA Day 11 FD
    Final Post

I have seen today that a number of you have mentioned 911 today. As a New Yorker myself, I can tell you that New Yorkers see a lot of things on a daily basis that you might not see anywhere else but nothing like that day. I always thought the construction of those towers was a mistake, too many floors. But I was thinking of firemen putting out a fire. If you have ever witnessed a NYC skyscraper fire, you would understand what a remarkable thing it is to get to those upper floors!! It took years for all those offices to finally be leased! Not too many people wanted to work so high up! No one would ever guess that something like 911 would happen despite the fact that the building was car bombed in the 1990s. Anyway, I have never been to the monument nor will I ever go. You see, my husband and two young men were in that building for a meeting that morning. Need I say more.

Day 11, Guildford UK, NFD

I am a little concerned about doing FD at the moment, mainly because I am so tired all the time. This morning had a client meeting and then slept. Not something I have done before during the day.

I had a super pair of Cotton Trader boots but the sole has come apart. I ordered another pair, same size and they arrived today. So uncomfortable, how can that be? Same size, colour and shoe. My little toes are pinched. I did have to discard the old ones though. They were comfy cosy.

Yesterday a friend collected me and took me out for a treat meal and I had a cocktail, with gin, champagne and rose water with a strawberry. It was so yummy I had a second one. I know alcohol interfers with healing and it makes me feel down too, so I shouldn’t do it.

I have compression socks on and they have been on for three days (As per physio orders), once on keep on. Wet socks aren’t my thing. I am desperate to see if ankle is swollen So may take them off tonight.

I did a body pump class today, no lunges of course. I also did a full stretch out and used the power plate. I can stand on the ankle now on one foot and am practising that three times a day. Tomorrow the wobble board comes out. I also did chair body lift today and one mini pull up. I decided to start doing lat exercises in readiness for hanging raises. Still doing contrast bathing of the ankle but I hate the wet compression socks!

@dingping condolences on your loss.

I will post on the poo another time but I did respond. In a thread or so I can indulge in musing on gut biomes again, I love poo.

@michelinme unless I wear curvy girl fitted clothes I look like a beachball. Sorta spherical. I adore pockets but they are fatal for my look as I carry miscellaneous weird shaped objects in them which make me into bag lady. Lots of lovely flowers thank you. I adore them. @annemarilyn I always need hugs from my favourite peeps, many thanks. You are still in my votive along with @diana123 and her MIL.

I lost two colleagues in the 9/11 incident as they were visiting one of the towers, mercifully two others had left to go grab some food but were also due for the same meeting. It was a terrible day. We were evacuated from canary wharf in case that was a UK target. I did visit ground zero later on as I was selected as cover staff, all I remember was the smell of burning electrical wiring. @ccco I understand your thoughts on it though, I wanted to go and pray for those who were struggling. Such a sad time.

@anna6 your food, gracious such lovely things. I am coming to live in your house, I promise to be invisible apart from feeding time!

@debster251 I saw my ex today, I don’t think he saw me though. It wasn’t as bad as I thought, I was on my way to the gym in my car. Yes I am driving! I am on the superbetter site and you should recognise my handle on it if you explore it. Maybe we could do a 5:2 quest on there.

@skinnyminny57 from one hop along to another take care of your injury. It’s hard work this healing…….. I added you to my votive today.

I am using supplements so much I rattle at the moment, including bone broth and bone up.

I feel so tired and it’s clean sheets day. I hope I have the energy to put the clean ones on. Am resting my ankle ready to drive back. It’s throbbing but not painful. My neck clicked during exercise so it’s freeing itself up. I am stiff from all the bed rest. Just don’t want to lose this hard earned extra muscle.

Until tomorrow dearest fasters.

Mari

Day 12, Emden Germany, FD

of course I meant to say we always cook from scratch, we don’t try to make elastic food to eat.

@ccco I’m so sorry, yesterday must have been a hard day for you. Hugs

@rainbowsmile well done on the gym and surviving the sight of the ex. Has he ever seen you in your new slim state? I think we would all love to have dinner at @anna6‘s to have one of her yummy meals.

I’m feel like today is a good day to fast so feel free to join me on this one!

Pocket list day 12

@snowflake56

Day 12 UK NFD (vigilance)

Why did I eat 3 double chocolate ice creams on a stick? That was my kinda day yesterday!

A bit late with this but yesterday’s memorable date somehow slipped me by but heartfelt sympathy and support to those still coping with the emotional impact of 9/11 and to the rest of us trying to understand the craziness of these times. A hug to everyone for a wishful hope for peace, stability and the goodness in humankind prevailing.

Thanks you for the responses to the sadness of OH aunt dying, leaving a bewildered DH with Alzheimer’s behind, a cruel condition.

@rainbowsmile – I’ll have a trawl through your posts re:poo!

Love and peace everyone.
    Ta x

Day 12, UK, NFD.

Good morning, lovely people. My fast yesterday went well, I had tea during the day and at dinner time- just a couple of spoonful’s of macaroni cheese, to taste what daughter No2 had prepared from scratch. (A slight aside there- I have two teen daughters and I am very careful not to go on about diets to them. They are both tall, slim and quite good-looking, BUT they do not realize it and have a negative body image: their friends, their environment/ social media are/is full of crazy diet ideas and those messages tend to prevail, so to the extent I can, I try to present a more balanced view to them. Hence, I have not officially declared that I am on this regime at home, which works fine as when we sit down together in the evening, I can have soup or a few forkfuls of whatever, which requires more will-power but is altogether better.)

Anyway. No weight loss after yesterday’s FD, which I suspect is due to the NFDs in-between 🙂 but that is fine. I am planning to stick with this regime at least until the end of the year, so in the first month, the two FDs per week do take a fair bit of my will-power; when fasting becomes more of a habit for me, I’ll introduce other changes- but at the moment, doing the fasts is key. So, well done me for fasting yesterday.

Have a good day, everyone.

Day 12 UK CD

This morning 144lb, back to my September start weight! Yesterday was a reasonable OMAD MFD tho felt like a lot of food after Monday’s almost WFD.

But i feel thinner and have a little more energy, despite only 8hrs sleep. But some helpful decisions made yesterday, and some good planning done.

For all those disappointed that FD haven’t resulted in scale loss, worth remembering that scale weight actually lags behind our actions. Pounds can drop off -or pile on! several days or even weeks later.

But they’re also only one measure of success. How we feel, how clothes fit, cm or inch losses are helpful indicators too. And every healthy choice we make is another step towards a healthier present, and future.

Aiming for CD today. Have brought a banana, chopped Apple and a couple of clementines with me, in case the rest of the conference delegates get biscuits or cake and I’m feeling deprived. Long day, planned for what I can and built in some breathing space. What could possibly go wrong?!

Day 12 London UK FD

Well yesterday was definitely an NFD! I did alright all day, had a fabulous night at the theatre (The Old Vic and the play/musical was Sylvia, all about the Pankhursts and the suffragette movement, it was phenomenal!!). a couple of glasses of wine there…Then I got home and attacked the bread bin. It’s TOM for me which brings out my inner carb monster! Thankfully I didn’t ruin an FD and I did enjoy every slice…with pate, cheese, and chutneys! Heaven. The carb monster is still lurking this morning…honestly, I feel like Jekyll and Hyde, and I could turn at any moment. Thankfully all the office cakes and biscuits have been eaten so the carb monster cannot be fed!

I’m aiming for a strong FD today and am at my desk with a large jug of water, a fresh ginger and lemon tea and a regular breakfast tea with a splash of almond milk. I do my FDs mainly on work days (I work Mon, Tues, Wed) but have been feeling a little judged over the past couple of weeks. I think now that people have noticed that I’m losing weight they suddenly think I must be starving myself, whereas prior to that it was just thought of as me on a “fad diet”. I have had a few comments such as “oh my god, you are sooooo tiny/skinny!” but not said as a compliment. I should add that I am 5ft 3 and a petite build, and I still have a muffin top despite getting to goal weight. I just wear clothes that don’t display it! Anyway I came up with a response this morning and said “Thanks! I feel really strong”. That got a look of confusion and so I mentioned how I work out and walk every day. It did shut them up but I hate feeling that I have to justify myself and I wish it didn’t bother me. Also sad that these comments only come from the ladies. A few of the guys I have known for a long time have commented but only in a nice way. Friends have told me I look good, even the ones who don’t quite approve of fasting. If anyone has any other comebacks please do let me know.

@sarahbob The 5k is a wonderful event to do with your mum. I did one a few years ago in memory of my mother. However I didn’t train as much as I should have…the atmosphere at the race definitely helped buoy me along.

I missed first day of level 2 last night as I was out…dreading it tonight! As for Ripped in 30, was reading up on it and found that it’s “recommended that you work out 5-6 days a week, ensuring to rest at least one day a week.” I can live with that! I struggle to find time on the days I work due to nursery pick up, toddler bath, bed etc. You know the drill! So actually if I have the option to take a rest day on Mondays that would be great! Really looking forward to it (with a healthy dose of nerves as well!).

Will look forward to reading through other posts throughout the day!

second post

Just adding myself to the pocket list

Day 12 Pocket List. Copy, paste and add yourself. STAY STRONG FELLOW FASTERS!

Pocket list day 12
    @snowflake56
    @beedoo

Day 12, London, UK, NFD,

Sticking to the basics, so I’m swapping my usual B2B2B for Tue & Thurs FDs. Funnily enough, my lunch today is my usual FD soup……………… habit, I suppose!!!

@beththenew, congratulations!!!! There’s nothing like a milestone to boost your enthusiasm, I make my targets nice round numbers, whether in kilo’s or lbs so there’s always something achievable on the horizon!!! Perhaps 72kg could be your next target???

I’m pretty sure I put my name down for dinner with @anna6 many, many moons ago, so although the list is long, I’m definitely at the top!!!!!

Someone bought a box of chocolates into the office yesterday, I took 2, wrapped them up and stuck them in my desk draw (I swear I could smell them through the cling film all day yesterday!!!!!) I’ll savour them a little later because ………………………………………………… IT’S A NFD!!!!!!! HURRAH!!!!

Happy to be back to 5:2, B2B2B’s were getting a little tedious!!!! I’ll save them for resetting after EFS weekends (I KNOW there will be a few in my future – the halo is a bit tarnished!!!)

Onward & downwards people, we’ve got this and as @at (feel better soon, missing you) would say ………………….

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 12 – France – NFD

Finished my first B2B fast days and have a couple of random thoughts this morning:

I feel a tad faint and could eat a house! but am saving my first refeeding for my Korean lunch at noon.
    I lost literally NO weight between Fast Day 1 and FD2 with 500 calories each day, how is that even possible? I get that it may be water retention etc., and the body moves in mysterious ways, but I suspect that if a massive famine were to strike, everyone would get really skeletal and I would just keep looking like my usual self.

@wellrounded what you said about your teenage daughters really struck a chord. I have two as well, and I am very careful not to talk about fasting and that’s why i save up all my FD calories for a “regular” meal in the evening. I see how susceptible they are to the latest youtube fads about raw food, veganism, fruitarianism, etc, not that all of them are awful or anything but in the hands of a teenage girl there’s lots of potential to go wrong! My younger daughter is especially careful about her “instagram body” and i will really have to keep an eye on her. Who knows if she could slip into an eating disorder which would be my nightmare.

Day 12, Gozo, Malta, fd

Ccco so sorry for your loss.

Today I cooked baked chicken with aubergines, red and yellow peppers, zucchini with olive oil, seasoning and thyme.

Raunbowsmile you’re welcome anytime to sample my food dear.

Onwards and downwards, have a great Wednesday everyone.

Day 12, UK, FD

Trying new routine, so this is my FD of 800cal, feeling hopeful 🙂

@at how are you doing? :hug:

@michelinme I feel that maybe 500cal for a FD is low for me and it makes me feel deprived and that’s why I eat more than I should on my NFD, which has become a problem. So increasing to 800cal but having 3 FDs a week might make me feel better and eat less on NFD? I will try and see if that does the trick 🙂 . Thanks for the reminder that scale weight lags behind our actions, I actually forgot that, and its so true! x

@ccco I’m so sorry for your loss in such a terrible way 🙁 (hugs)
    I feel sad for all who lost loved ones and all who were affected.

@rainbowsmile sorry to hear you are still feeling rough and tired, get better soon 🤗

@Beedooyou shouldn’t justify yourself for looking slimmer, I know this might sound a bit simplistic but those ladies that make those comments are jealous, and some people just can’t take others making any improvements. I would just say “slim, not skinny, huge difference” with a smile and leave it at that, no explanations 🙂

Pocket list day 12
    @snowflake56
    @beedoo
    @anna6
    @shinything

Have a great day everyone 🌸

DAY 12, UK – NFD

@daffodil2010
    @bert1802

Thanks both for your comments on snoring!

Well I haven’t checked in so far this week as I’ve been feeling rubbish. Started week with a migraine which has just about gone now, only to be replaced with a cold!

So I haven’t done any FDs this week so far.

Last week I lost 3 LBS over my 3 X FDs so that was great.

However, the weekend was crazy in a fun but horrendously unhealthy way. Ended up drinking Sat lunch, Sat night (til 0315!!) Sunday lunch and Sunday night.

Great fun, but I’m paying for it now! I am far too old to stay up past 11pm, let alone 3 in the morning, haha!

Hope everyone is having a good week!! XX

Day 12 NC USA NFD
    Ended up CFD yesterday but still up what seems to be my normal .2 lbs. Still in the 180’s though so happy.

Florence seems to be shifting away from my area but it is still too early to know for sure what it will do.

May everyone’s plans for the day go well.

Day 12 Canada NFD

An easy FD yesterday, enjoying the routine that this WOL brings to eating.
    @beththenew hope Florence continues to move away

I am continuing to work on getting healthier. This week is all about dropping alcohol! Using the plan that I will only have a glass of wine if I decide to do so 24hrs in advance really works, so tonight is dry. I am hoping that this helps with sleep as well.

@rainbowsmile if you google Fitness Blender Beginner Balance Workout you will find a video I found really helpful- not all of the exercises will be OK for you to do now but it is an easy way to start at home.

Hope all our fasters have a great food free window in their day!

Day 12 North canton OH FD

@shinything love your quote “slim, not skinny – huge difference”. @beedoo I would concur that the green eyed monster definitely played a part in some of those ladies comments. When I get snide comments about my size, I say ” don’t hate – appreciate” It’s such a throwback comment that it usually gets a laugh – and I move on.You are making a difference for yourself; keep up the good work.

@flourbaby I guess we are following the same path. After months of B2B2B fasts, I realized I was essentially on a low calorie diet and decided to go back to basics. I am beginning to enjoy eating again – I just have to be mindful to stay at or below TDEE on my healthy eating days.

@sparklyshoes, I also have 2 teen daughters and I share your concerns. My oldest is very particular about eating healthy – except she loves her sweets. they are aware of my eating plan and plan to adopt in the far, far, far future – when their metabolism slows down. For now I have told them to enjoy being teens with fast growing bodies and super charged metabolic rates – eat healthy; be mindful of what goes into your body and enjoy what you love – occasionally.

@michelinme thanks for the reminder. The scales have not been my friend lately but I love the way my clothes fit and I really, really, like my silhouette. I am following my plan faithfully, hopefully one day Cruella gets with the program but until then – I will focus on the positives.

have a blessed day everyone 🙂

Day 12 USA – NFD

Right at TDEE yesterday, and hope today will also have pretty good control.

Onward and downward.

Day 12 Belfast NFD

Just back from a meeting at the Organisation I volunteer with with less hair 😬😖🤯!!! trying to put In paperwork from a job I completed, only to be told that I can log in from any computer from outside the organisation but not those on the premises?? The red tape is mind boggling.

@fatfingers – time to edit your handle? Skinny fingers? Great news.
    @beththenew and anyone affected by Hurricane Florence – keep safe.
    @ccco – a humbling post. Thoughts are with you and to @rainbowsmile, of course.
    @rainbowsmile – sometimes healing comes from feeling good so no apologies for a delicious gin! I’ve signed up for Superbetter and am liking it s lot. Don’t seem to be able to search for a handle, just need an email to search. Maybe I’m in the wrong place but I’m on for a 5:2 challenge.
    @beedoo they’re jealous! Never justify yourself. I think we upset the status quo when we lose weight.
    @basyjames – the scales are only one aspect of your journey and the most important is how you feel about your look. From your post you’re succeeding big style. 👍
    @shinything hopefully your new routine will be a success.
    Well done @fivetwofan5252 on despatching those 3lbs

I think that 9:11 is one of those dates that is engraved on our mind, when we remember where we were and what we were doing when we heard the dreadful news. The world hasn’t got any better since then.

I’m sitting listening to Dr Mosley talking about ‘Trust me I’m a doctor’ and on exercise snacking tonight. Must check it out.

Practising lots of self care today. Nice brunch of Herring and salad, walk with puppy in the sunshine then off out tonight to see the Children Act with a couple of girlfriends. What a dinner party that would be @anna6’s and us all round a huge table! Do you ever read the posts in your head in the accent you associate with the poster? It often raises a smile!

“Maybe you have to let go of who you were in order to become who you will be.
    Have a good day everyone.

USA Day 12 FD

WellRounded: I am right there with you about daughters! I too have a daughter and I have always been very careful about what I say regarding food! It’s hard because they are getting so many crazy negative ideas outside the home. My daughter has been sensitive to these messages since she was a teen, as has one of her first cousins. Now that she is a grown married woman, she is still sensitive. Her cousin is in her mid forties and beautiful and tall and slender but she is having all kinds of plastic surgery I don’t think she needs. At least my daughter hasn’t done that!! Nevertheless, I discovered that my daughter does know about the different fasting methods but I don’t encourage one way or another. She also doesn’t know that I do this. It’s the best we can do,, I think!

Day 12 London FD

Third post

@shinything @basyjames @debster251 Thank you so much for your supportive words. It’s really knocked my confidence a bit. These girls are usually so nice but maybe they preferred the chubbier mumsy me. Well I didn’t and I’m certainly not about to bring her back.

Just after 3.30pm here. I had a delicious pear and a peach half an hour ago, after having a 20 cal miso at midday. The day after a few drinks always makes for a tough fast day but the fruit should now see me through until supper. I think (and hope!) I have some chicken burgers at home, under 200 cals for one. Not sure what to have with it as I won’t have time to cook. Must do better on planning meals ahead of time and will do some cooking for freezing over the next few days I think.

Day 12, Surrey (UK), NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well but the results are not (yet) showing up on the scales. Still playing peek-a-boo around the door to 10-stone-something land. It will get battered down eventually!

@beedoo – just to add, I think your response, “Thanks! I feel really strong” is a great one! Said with a winning smile, it suggests you are graciously taking what your ‘friends’ say as a compliment – even if that wasn’t their intention! In your head, of course, you could always “tango” them and have a laugh to yourself! In similar situations, I have sometimes explained that I’m working out as well as following 5:2, and then taken the opportunity to show off my biceps- they are quite muscular nowadays! That usually gets them boggling!

@debster251 – I’ll stick with the moniker @fatfingers for now – it reminds me where I’ve come from and how far I’ve travelled! I also have some wrinkly skin around my thighs and knees which I can see when I look downwards when doing planks. In a strange way, I feel quite proud of my wrinkles – it’s a sign of how far I’ve come on this journey!

Day 12-USA-FD
    Got in a nice morning run but holding off the food to slide in a 16:8. Thank heavens for decaf coffee!

@ccco: I’m so sorry. Like everyone else, I guess, I remember where I was when I first heard it on the news…but nothing compared with how you must feel. Big hugs to you. xx
    @at: get well soon.
    @rainbowsmile: Take care.

Day 12 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Finished up the LFD from yesterday at noon today & just finished some yummy food. It tasted so much better when hungry. Keeping the eating window to 6 hours so an 18:6 today.

@krisnia – I agree, decaf coffee helps one through the day. I usually have a little cream in it or some nut milk.

@debster251 – where did you find the talk you’re listening to be Dr. Mosley?

We’re stronger together!

Still Day 12 –

@daffodil2010 or @shinything – I just went to update the spreadsheet for myself, and noticed that some FDs are colored in and others are not. It’s not a big problem, just interesting.

Second post….

@annemarilyn which ones? I just looked and there was few boxes with colour but no word “FD” , which is probably something to do with line above/below (just guessing here) and @happymargo‘s FD field show empty, are they the right FDs @happymargo?
    No other problems that I noticed 🙂

While I’m here …. I’m a bit worried about @skinnyminny57, she hasn’t posted after that fall 😨 . I hope you are ok @skinnyminny57 x

Day 11 – USA – NFD
    Day 12 – USA – NFD

Day 12– Colorado USA— NFD

Did fairly well with my FD yesterday. Stopped at 800 calories. Happy with that, so moved forward to NFD toady. Have plenty of TDEE calories still left for dinner.

Leaving early tomorrow for Indiana. It’s my in-laws’ 50th wedding anniversary. Can’t wait to see everyone at this huge party! I hear horror stories (even from my own sisters) about how tough these relationships can be, but I always feel like I hit the *In-Law Lottery*! Wonderful people! I’m a lucky girl indeed.

Wish I were closer to goal weight for this family reunion, but I am telling myself to relax & just enjoy. They are not a judge-y group.
    And I WILL be having some 🍷🍷. So there’s that.

Tomorrow is airport travel day so I’m taking advice from this thread & simply making it a FD. While DH enjoys his junky airport food, I’ll enjoy some hot decaf coffee. And I’m taking my refillable runner’s hand-held bottle to easily top up with water.

And of course there’s always my new mantras, to convince myself I am not deprived:
    — Cut back today. Cut loose tomorrow!
    — Don’t deny, just delay

I’ll check in whenever I’m able to while I’m away! Take care, Fasting Friends! We’ve got this!

Day 12 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

I am still here lurking in the back ground. What a crazy week Hurricane Florence made my job beyond busy, new roof on the house today and MIL failing in health each day. My brother is stuffer with chemo and has a transplant of stem cells schedule for sometime in October and Senior tech leaving and new Service Manager higher at work, I am just trying to stay in my happy place and this form has really helped me get thru what I want, staying in this WOL no matter what life throws at me.

The best preparation for tomorrow is to be your best today. Have a great Wednesday even though it is over for most, hope it was a good one.

Day 13 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Hi all, second FD for the week. Feeling pretty peckish and it’s not even 10am, but will stay strong with plenty of herbal tea and water, and I’ll try and sneak a walk in sometime during the day as I can see beautiful sunshine outside the office window – spring has finally arrived!!!

Half marathon training has had quite a setback after hurting my back, but did a great session with the PT yesterday, and did a couple of shorter runs and the back is feeling pretty good, so will try for a nice long distance run on Saturday morning (13-14km), and will do my best to get the distance to 16k before the big day, only 3.5 weeks to go….eeek!

@beedoo I’m very open about the doing 5:2 at work, and I’ve found the only people to talk about it negatively are the ones who have a bit of weight to lose but not doing anything about it. Talking about it in terms of a healthy BMI, and all of the positive health aspects of fasting aside from weight loss (which is what I remind myself when the scales don’t budge) I find can also be helpful.

Haters gonna hate, after all!

Pocket List for Day 13:
    @gretta

Happy fasting everyone!

Day 13 (end of day 12 here) Ohio, US NFD

Well, egg on my face. Yesterday was also a NFD. I got wrapped up in watching the movie “Angels and Demons” last night, stayed up too late, and forgot to log in here.
    Fortunately, it was an uneventful NFD. And I suppose that the movie was worth getting a little less shut-eye than usual. Today was also a low sugar (less than 30 grams added sugar) day. Definitely will head to bed early this evening!

@redrockgirl302 How did the qigong class go? I used to live in the Pacific Northwest in the US and qigong was very popular there. In this part of Ohio the exercises are still seen as something exotic.

@michelinme I’m also a vegetarian — ovo-lacto type. And for some reason my body sends me warning signals when I eat Quorn. On paper it’s an ideal vegetarian food, yet it doesn’t work out in practice for me. I find that with many “healthy” practices, in practice with my particular body they work out differently than how theory says they should.

Have fun!

Day 12, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Late check in. Good CD under TDEE, Tai Chi and gardening. Now I am ready for bed. 😴 Hope my puppy 🐕 sleeps better tonight.

Have a good night/morning everyone! 😊😊😊

Second post @matpi: Qigong was really very interesting and quite different from Tai Chi. I liked it a lot! 😊😊😊

Day 13 – Niort, France 🇫🇷- NFD

Checking in and have not yet caught up on posts but will do soon. We travelled 498km yesterday from the tip of Normandy to our rest stop in Niort in the Vendee region of France. While we disembarked to rain it soon turned glorious and sunny with temperatures increasing to 32C by the evening. Holiday time indeed.

Sort of following 16:8 but having breakfast then not eating again until evening meal. Which last night was accompanied by murmurating starlings over the main square of Niort. My neck is sore from watching them but it was truly delightful. The noise from them as they roosted in the plane trees was almost deafening. There were thousands of them. I sipped my one cool beer and thought of my fellow birdie fans here @shinything, @michelinme,@debster251…it was a wonderful sight.

Early start with 450kms to get us to our next overnight in the beautiful city of Toulouse. The drive should be interesting, it’s full on French agriculture around here and the fields are full of corn, sunflowers, and vineyards. Harvesting taking place and watching life going on as the Autumn sun shines is good for the soul.

Allez les Bleus!!

I am deliberately not drinking enough water due to not wanting to stop every hour to go to the loo(which is not a problem with the great rest areas here in France) but I plan to up the ante back to 3 litres daily once we arrive in Spain 🇪🇸

Have a good Thursday everyone

Day 13 – France – FD

This will be the first week Ive ever done 4:3. The scale has not budged from where it was immediately after my last fast day, except yesterday I was eating. I will take that as a win. Or maybe it’s broken! 🙂

@daffodil2010 we spent a weekend in Niort last year, we loved it! Great memories. Anyway, bonne route!

@gretta @beedoo I tend not to tell people at work about fasting. I don’t want to hear the “but that’s so bad for you!” speech. On fasting days i just do my own thing and if anyone asks (and why do people care, but they seem to!) I just say I got something quick at a shop.

Day 13, Emden Germany, NFD

@daffodil2010 how lovely to hear from you, have fun in Toulouse!

@dingping I can’t do the FD with you on Saturday, have to go to a streetparty in the street we’ve lived for 11 years. There will be food and drinks galore so I’ll have to do my FD tomorrow.

@beedoo it’s just jealousy. Most women don’t tend to complement other women, they prefer to judge and critisize eachother. At work the only negative reaction came from one of my colleques, most patients came with possitive reactions, most of them knew how hard it is to lose weight and are aware of the negative effects on their health. Sceptical reactions came from overweight women who said they tried everything but nothing works with them. After explaining how I lost the weight they didn’t even want to give it a thought, convinced this WOE wouldn’t work for them. My DH and I explained 5:2 to everyone that wanted to listen and 5 patients were very succesful. Patients were often dressed up when they came in the practice for their appointment, even the men did, I always complemented them. It’s a joy when people dress up and smell nice.

Day 13 Spain FD

Hi everyone, sorry I’ve not been posting, although had great fun reading everyone else’s posts. Find them very entertaining and also inspiring.

This is my first monthly challenge and only my third week on 5:2. Actually find it relatively simple so long as I’ve planned what I’m having on a FD beforehand. DH very supportive although he finds he can’t do this WOL as he’s insulin dependent diabetic and can’t manage the FDs without getting hypo. He is cutting down too and has lost a lot of weight, much more than me! I’m definitely joining the tortoise club. Totally agree the scales are Cruella – weighed myself twice yesterday. The first time I was heavier than at the start of the challenge, but later I had miraculously lost 1.5kg!!

Finally went back to an early post to decipher all the acronyms!! Well!! What do you know? MFP does NOT stand for Music For Pleasure!! (A cheap record label from my youth!)

Signed up for two hours a week of Pilates yesterday, got to do something re exercise! DH does 4K everyday but I find it very difficult to get motivated. We live in the campo, surrounded by beautiful countryside so I really have no excuse.

@shinything, thank you for your concern. I’m absolutely fine, just a little black and blue. I’m absolutely amazed I didn’t hurt myself more.

@happymargo, really love your mantras!

Oh well here’s to another successful FD – Good luck everyone

Day 13 NSW Australia CD

Hi everyone, just checking in!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 13 UK FD

A bit OTT again, glad it’s an FD

@snowflake56 – no worries have fun at your street party. I’m trying for B2B2B so will join you tomorrow.

Pocket List for Day 13:
    @gretta
    @dingping

Day 13 UK FD

Eurgh, I am an absolute snot monster today. Achooo! 🤧

Still planning on my FD and 30DS.

@beedoo 6 days a week for Ripped in 30 sounds cool to me.

Today’s pocket list:

@gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @skinnyminny57
    @dingping
    @sarahbob

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 1,074 total)

You must be logged in to reply.