Reactive Hypoglycemia…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sydney_Geoff 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• First time poster here, following FAST exercise etc. Recently purchased a glucose monitor to test fitness levels, health is OK, I am overweight (need to lose about 8 kg), VO2 max is very good for my age, my fasting blood glucose is 4.8 mmol which puts me in the normal range. To further investigate insulin sensitivity, I did the oral glucose tolerance test, which surprised me, ie the 75 g of glucose dissolved in 300ml of water. Fasted as per instructions, followed the test as per instructions. After 1 hr the reading was 11.9 mmol. After 2 hours the reading was 3.7 mmol. Quite a spike then fall. I intend to follow all guidelines for combating this. Anyone else had similar experiences?

As an aside, something else I have noticed as well, following strenous exercise, at some point later, I tend to get very fatigued..just wondering if this is somehow related to reactive hypoglycemia? In general, I lead an active lifestyle, my job is quite active, I am not sedentary (though until relatively recently I was deskbound), I also appear not to have any underlying health conditions…Feel free to chime in with any experiences or the like…
    Cheers

You didn’t mention your age, and of course you don’t have to.

I just turned 65.

Best wishes.

Oh..55…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.