Rapid Weight Fluctuations, Gluten Allergy?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Rapid Weight Fluctuations, Gluten Allergy?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aussiebeachgirl 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Short summary of myself: American, 42 years old, male. First time on 5:2, we’re trying a slight variation on the 5:2 diet (Tuesdays/Thursdays as fast day), with 2 fasting days, and normal days using a calorie counter to keep reasonable. So far, since February, I’m down 35+ pounds/16+ kilos pounds. I’ve noticed that my weight spikes considerably (8+ pounds/3.5 kilos over a weekend), especially during the weekends, when I tend to do more exercise (yard stuff), but watch calories less (beer and wine, more calories, perhaps 500-1000 over for a day or 2).

I notice that my weight really normalizes once the week starts again, and I usually lose the weekend weight plus a pound by the end of the week. Rationally, I’m not literally eating 8 extra pounds over the weekend, so I think it’s a matter of water retention, and maybe a possible food allergy? The reason I suspect a food allergy is that, on the fasting days, we’re usually high protein and High veggie carbs, with little to no bread, rice, pasta, etc.

Oh, currently 300 pounds, with the current goal being 250

Maybe 🙂
    On your fast day your body keeps getting rid of its waste. Not as much going in So your body ends up mostly empty.
    Then you start eating normally after fasting and it takes 1-2 days to fill up before normal waste cycle resumes.

dc

Angusandskye

I found the same thing, and it’s only IF that’s allowed me to discover what’s been going on with my weight fluctuations.

I posted about it here:

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/carbohydrate-sensitivity/#post-14104

It’s frustratung when you stick to the plan, do all the hard yards and then lose your results seemingly for no reason!
    Good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.