Rabbette and 165GW kicking ass with great focus in 2020. Everyone welcome.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Rabbette and 165GW kicking ass with great focus in 2020. Everyone welcome.

This topic contains 93 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  165gw 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 94 total)

• @rabbette. So…Maybe that’s what we needed. A new thread, a new focus, a clean page.

February is The Month. March as well. We have goals. Yes we do. I want to be in a great running shape by April. That’s -20lb. Doable.

I am refocusing on fasting being ALSO a spiritual way of life and I will extract focus and determination from the act of fasting. I won’t eat when not hungry (doh!). I will add more resepct to the act of fasting.

Accountability. From the range of 162-168 in November-December to this:

Weight in January

Jan 1: 173lb
    Jan 3: 172lb
    Jan 20: 177lb
    Jan 24: 173.5lb
    January 30, 2020: 171lb
    Feb 2, 2020: 176lb

Fasts in January, as per Life app, so they tell me when they “ended.”

Jan 1: 38h
    Jan 4: 59h
    Jan 5: 20h
    Jan 7: 36h
    Jan 10: 39h
    Jan 12: 18h
    Jan 14: 38h
    Jan 16: 43h
    Jan 18: 40h
    Jan 19: 22h
    Jan 21: 20h
    Jan 22: 16h
    Jan 24: 43h
    Jan 26: 40h
    Jan 27: 16h
    Jan 30: 39h

So just from glancing at those–I have done 10 36+ fasts. That’s prettty good! I normally don’t even count/ record the fast that don’t go overnight, but I started to. But darn it, I need to eat less!!!

Pease and balance AND weight loss trough fasting in 2020.

*I see my Freudian slip above, too late to edit. Pease and Balance?? Did I really mean peas and balance?? HA ha HA. Peace might be a long way from now…But moving forward.

My long term plan is not to treat EVERY eating day as a feasting day. Feast is only once a week.

My plan for tomorrow, which is NOT a feast day is as follows:

10am (36h fasted) or later: 400 calories
    – 2 soft boiled eggs (160 calories)
    – half a slice of very thick bacon (80 calories raw? It is less when baked, I guess.)
    -1 cube of cheese with coffee (140 + 20=160 calories)

Snack: 340 calories
    -1 apple + 2 carrots
    -1 cube of cheese

Lunch/ Supper
    -Homemade chilli, not sure how to estimate calories. I’m guessing 1cup is about 300?

So this is all 1040 calories. My goal for ADF is 1600. This means I will have 3 eggs and a full slice of bacon, more coffee with milk (I used to love only cream in coffee, but now I LOVE milk. Weird. Not keto. But I love the taste and not going for keto.) I will also add another apple, a couple of nuts, another cube of cheese. I will choose and calculate accordingly. Maybe a slice of toast with my eggs instead of the extr cheese etc. But I think I have my day mostly laid out.

This might actually be an OMAD…Not sure yet. I tend to really, really prefer OMADs. But then I think I’m getting myself more and more used to big meals, and this also means that if I have OMAD at 11 am I absolutely can NOT decide this to be 18:6 and have another large meal.

February 5:174lb.

I’m back to daily updates / vents and daily weigh-ins, because I think that was super helpful.

I’m at 38.5h fasted and I’m not hungry. I had a cup of black coffee and later a cup of green tea. Lately “Asian Pear Harmony” green tea by Stash has been my absolute favourite.

I’m not even peckish! And yet…Food…Has its vague appeal.

I am posting here to convince myself not to eat unless hungry! lol

Still February 5. I broke my fast at 41.5h I ended up eating in the course of 2 hours and started my next fast.

Here I am, counting in real time, after I ate all of it. I might be surprised with the result. I do hope there is no unpleasant surprise

2 carrots 50
    2 apples 110
    1/2 c plain Greek Yogurt 150
    1 c of spring greens 10
    2 tbs hummus 60
    1 tbs babaghanoush 40
    1/4 slice of bacon 50
    2 fried eggs 80
    3/4 c of chilli 200
    1/2 sweet potato, fried, oil drained 250
    small handful of nuts 350
    coffee with milk 30
    cheese cube 140
    slice of flax bread 60
    oil estimate for frying 150

Wow…1750!! This is exactly where I want to be. I could have skipped the nuts, but they are my treat with coffee, and I avoided added sugars. Even if my greek yogurt and chilli were more calories than I estimated, I think I’m definitely under 2000 and this is GREAT. With TDEE of 1600-1700 and with ADF, today I was right on track!

Bonus point–I made pancakes for the kids. Half a pancake was left uneaten. Nope, I did not eat it. I wasn’t even tempted.

Bonus realization regarding my drastic weight fluctuations, with the weight going +5lb on two days? I think PICKLES. I recently got two jars of amazing homemade pickles and I ate them in great quantities–as they are delicious and low in calories. I also drank most of the brine. This would explain water retention, I think.

Fasting tommorrow until Friday morning.

Feb 5. Another update. I am posting as this helps me when I am struggling. I started my fast at 5pm and by now I haven’t eaten in 4.5 hours. Now I am actually hungry. Now I am tempted. My stomach is unpleasantly empty, as compared to the pleasant empty feeling I usually feel when I fast.

The old me (the January me) would have decided to eat a bit. After all, it is my eating day, so it is totally okay to finish my eating window later and be flexible. This, however, was me who gained 7lb.

The February me is a tough and committed chick. The February me is thinking of summer and my the jeans I stole from my daughter! Well, she decided she didn’t like them and they are mine now. I have goals for how I look and my fitness. I ate slightly over my TDEE and I don’t have to eat today.

If I am unusually hungry tomorrow, I will break my fast at 24h. However I don’t expect to be unusually hungry. Another 40h fast, here I come.

Victory!!

Feb 5/130.0/FD

This is 3rd FD in a row. Pleasantly well in the afternoon I spiralized turnips and then sautéed them with bacon grease. Delightful I tell ya. I even had some left in my bowl and saved the leftovers. You know that is my number 1 challenge.

After class last night on the drive home I mentally was so smug feeling about how I would just go home have a cup of tea and go to bed bc I was not hungry. – then I get in the door and my sweetheart says they feel icky. I was like noooooooooo. So I made us both an emergen-C (a vitamin pack thing you dissolve in water) well after that I wanted my figs *its been recommended to me by my Dr. to eat figs at least 7 everyday. (Usually I just have 4) which I already had earlier. But for whatever reason I wanted 4 more. Dang it. Had my tea and contemplated my decision. It didn’t put me over my FD calories but it could have stalled letting go of another .5 lbs. time will tell tomorrow.

@165gw – I love OMAD but have sometimes ran into the muck if I *thought I’ll make lunch the only meal but then my SO wants/assumes I’ll also eat supper and really it is my NFD but I too need to be mindful not over eating a meal. So I break the portions into smaller meals.

Good on you and not eating that leftover pancake. We got summer clothes to look cute in and pancakes are not going to help. 😉

Going for another FD tomorrow we’ll see how I feel after my fig indulgence.

February 6, 172.5lb Yay! It is going down!

I’m at 24h fasted right now. I only had a cup of black coffee, cranberry tea, and now green tea. I’m also been cooking all day. Ha.

As expected, I didn’t wake up hungry, even if I was hungry last night. I woke up feeling great! Right now, at 24h I’m feeling peckish, be definitely not hungry and not tempted to eat, even with all the peckishness. Yeah, that’s definitely not a word. I’m encouraged to be on track and seeing 172.5 on the scale was great.

I can’t wait for the weather to be better so that I can start running regularly.

I’m proud of mysef for not breaking my fast last night! Today has been a breeze.

@rabbette: I’m not sure I’m convinced abour sauted turnips haha! I do love them raw, and that’s my latest obsession–turnips, carrots, and apples cut in a bowl. Yum. But again, bacon greese is always a winner.

I know this mental smugness all too well! There are those moments when I feel I can extend to past 40h so easily–I’m not hungry, feeling like full of energy and so close to bed time. And then BAM. Something happens and I end up eating. I think I Allow myself to eat, because I think I can be done with the fast. I’m not always pleased after eating.

Figgs. I love figgs. What do they help with? Seems like so much sugar in 7! But hey, maybe I really need figgs? Please recommend them to me! I need an excuse for figgs. haha And how do you stop at 7??

I keep learning that I don’t enjoy breaking my meals, especially when I’m at home. I think if I were eating out, I’d eanjoy a small salad and then another meal later. But I really love OMAD. I just have to be super careful and not double up!

I would like to eat 2000 calories tomorrow, as I dont want to undereat. If I eat exactly as my TDEE on my eating days, this means that I’m cutting my TDEE in half! I am not sure I this is sustainable. I should be alternating 1700 calorie days with 2000-2200 days as well.

We are doing it!!!

February 6

At 9am tomorrow I can break my fast at 40h. Some mornings I drink a pot of tea before eating, and if this strategy works, I might break my fast at 42-43 hours.

I’m out of raw veggies and salad greens. I’m out of a lot of things, actually, as we had an ice storm and I didn’t want to drive on slippery roads to get groceries. Still plenty of my newly cooked chilli, bacon and frozen veggies to saute. Not enough eggs…hm…Plenty of sweet potatoes–our new obsession!

I’m a bit hungry now and should really be asleep.
    I’d like to plan my eating for tomorrow, though, so that I don’t over-eat.

Definitely baked sweet potatoes + yogurt. Definitely coffee + cheese. I have some sausaged that I might like. Chilli. I think I have a rough idea. I’ll be okay. I will track my calories.

February 7. 171lb! I want to start seeing that 169 soon.

I am at 40.5h but no interest in food, so a pot of green tea it is. I hope I am not tempted by the kids’ leftovers as I should not eat when not hungry.

@rabbette This is exactly the time when I am feeling smug but it might all collapse haha

Feb 7/130.8/NFD – maybe CD depending on supper choices.
    Feb 6/129.4/FD changed into CD

i hope its a control day – broke my fast yesterday evening with homemade french onion mac n cheese. Oh dear it was delicious and I’m glad I made it and ate a small bowl and then had 2nds of 1 more scoop. Which probably eneded up being what I might normarlly ahve but waiting for the 2nds was good. Becasue when I had them I really appreaciated that last scoop and didnt just scarf it down and felt more pleasnatly full.

This morning I woke hungyr (I would guess it was the white pasta I had from the mac and cheese) so I made 2 eggs, diced a small tomato, and diced a small avacado. Great breakfast and didn’t really need lunch so… well see what is in store for supper.

I got to see 129 for a moment… happy to be staying lower, now need to get it to drop lower and stay. Ha think i just said the same thing twice.

@165gw – don’t collapse you got this… also consider that although you do like OMAD if you find that you are overeating b/c you think yeah I’ll do one meal and then end up nearly always have a 2nd meal – I think you are right in pre-planning might go a long way. Maybe try pre planning 2 meals a day. Even just an idea like *lunch small reasonable plain-ish salad. (I find if I don’t go too crazy adding things I can make it smaller and appreciate the simplicity) like spinach, strawberries and either a squeeze of lime juice of lime juice and olive oil. Then dinner is your BIG meal (or vice versa if that works better, but be true to your dinner, keep it small if you already had the big meal.

I like your pot of tea idea. I drink an 8oz glass of water before I have my coffee in the morning. It helps me stay more full and bonus keeps me more hydrated. yay.

Good luck you can do it!

February 7

I broke my fast at 44 hours.

Then it was a good eating day!

I decided not to count calories. I’m sure it was around 2000-2200 and it all felt great. Had cheese and nuts with coffee, some stew and sauted cabbage, date balls and 95% dark chocolate. Feeling pleasantly full but not too full and I hit the start button an hour ago on my next 40h fast.

February 8.

Yesterday I extended my eating window to later in the evening. My son cooked. It was nice. It was excellent. I didn’t eat much, but did end up eaiting a lot of mango. I also had plenty of very salty things and then slept very poorly due to a wind/ ice storm, so I decided I wasn’t going to step on the scale with all that water retention.

I’m at 22h fasted today (green tea, black tea and cranberry tea). I’m fasting until tomorrow morning, the later the better.

I made sauted red cabbage for the first time ever yesterday–with onions, apples and squash and a bit of red wine vinegar and it was delicious! I plan to make the same tomorrow! Yum.

I also finally got to the grocery store–apples, carrots, yogurt YUM!

Feb9/130.8/NFD

Eyes wide after my NFD of what I had it will prob go up tomorrow and if not then yay I’ve made different decisions that have made better over all health choices.

I think part of this process (WOL) is acceptance (realization) of what habits you already have and then learning how to work/break them.

165gw – mmmmm yeah I would not be driving in slippery road. *to be honest we could live at least a month if not two on just all the weird random stuff I have accidentally stocked in our cupboards.

Cheers you made it.

Feb 11/131.8/FD

Started FD on Mon (yesterday) it felt like a little bit of a challenge when I woke I had homemade soup. I think I continued with a soup for lunch and one for supper as well. As I was really cold yesterday, its rainy and slightly chilly, but the rain makes it so bone achy.

Today had my soup and then wanted chocolate or so I thought, but then as I pondered the different chocolate things I had none of them really sounded good. So I decided then to just bite my 100% cacao bar yes very bitter chocolate but I’ll say it does the job and really it is good in its own way.

Again cold and dreary today and another bowl of soup sounds tempting. Maybe I’ll just make a cup of broth since my hot tea does not seem to be keeping me in check. Contempating that I’m fudging my fast tho, that does have some power. LIke thinking about that second bowl of soup and i’m like…. naaaaaa you don’t really need that you are probably thirsty so maybe a dash of salt under the tongue and glass of water (I’ll go try it and come back.) Actually that was quite nice. Had not done the pink salt water thing in a bit.

Barely wearing some of my dance pants. Really going to have to see about how to take them in a bit. Hope the weather is better in your parts and not as soaking wet as it is here. I could not even imagine if I loved running. I have noticed I do like walking more tho.

@165gw – Hope you were able to have better controlled eating days. I actutally said no – to an extra stout day. Yes I now have 1 stout day a week. As much as I love the stouts they love my hips a bit too much and we need a healthy relationship (otherwise I find that stouts are a little clingy) haha.

ps I LOVE mango! I would have to say it is my favorite fruit. Yup.

I’m seriously thinking we may be distant cousins with our taste in foods. We do like so many things well at least I know if we ever do decide to meet it will be easy to either EAT or FAST b/c we do both in very similar ways (although I do like my bone broth so we may have instant pot a chicken for my fasting days. mmmmmm thinking about the broth again (prob means I need more water) let me get some of that.

February 12

The last two days were OMADS, and today I’m stretching it until tomorrow morning (40ish hours). These last days were super stressful, my sleep was all over the place to 2h a night. The OMADS weren’t as bad as they could have been, so that’s good. But my eating WAS a bit random. Since the days were stressful and weird, I didn’t have a chance to step on the scale in the mornings. Yesterday I ate quite a lot of pickled fish. That’s my weakness when stressed and I bought the jar to treat myself. This means probably more water retention. I should not panic tomorrow when I step on the scale.

Today the first day of TOM, so feeeling crappy and proud of myself for making it a full fasting day, in spite of cooking for the family.

@rabbette: Ugh, that cold rain is the worst. At leas we had some nice fluffy snow and more coming tomorrow. I went for a 1h long walk today–it was nice. Walking is definitely my first love–I love walking and can walk for hours and hours. Running is this recent challenge. I technically could have run today, but one of the kiddos wanted to go for a walk so that’s what we did.

That’s nice that you are taking in your pants! That’s motivational! My bra is fitting a bit better after the latest gain, so I know I lost some.

Gosh, mango is my love, that’s for sure. If we are getting together, no broth or fasting, though–feast time lol

We are half way through the month and we are to kick ass in the second half!!

Feb 13. 171lb. I’m honestly pleased,even if the weight is not lower, as I was bloated from too much salty food, so I think this is a good result.

In addition, today’s Eating Day turned out really well. I broke my fast at 36h and had my OMAD. It worked out really well. Not sure about calories, but I didn’t feel I overate. It was an early meal and I’m not hungry despite this being evening and I haven’t eaten in over 10 hours. Usually I have my last meal of the day much, much later.

I also went for a run in the snowfall! It was so beautiful and amazing, and considering I haven’t been running consistently, I did super well! 32 minutes and just over 2 miles, so a very slow run in several inches of snow on the ground and the snow falling gently. It did feel like a huge work out lol. I did it!

I also built a snowman and went for a short walk AND shovelled the driveway. So an active, and a happy day after a long streak of stress, with good control over my eating.

I might end up breaking the fast tomorrow at 28h if I hubby and I end up going out. If noot, then 44h it is. Either way it is all good.

February 14, 171lb.
    I am at 24h and feeling well. Feeling light and empty and energetic–this is what I love about fasting, and I am glad I am getting this feeling back.

Feb 17/138.4/FD

jeeeez I sure know how to flux! It was my fault between this odd over indulgence with peanut butter filled pretzels that I hand dipped in chocolate (what! Why on earth did I think I was making them for my sweetheart) AND then ATE 1/2 the bag *and it wasn’t a small bag either… Also a whole evening of stouts did not help the numbers that I read on the scale.

Well I’m just going to have to stick to my FDs really well again and see what I can do about that whopping hike of a gain.

@165gw – Yay a run in the snowfall sounds awesome and built a snowman! awe that sounds so cool. I built a snowman last year and the next day as it was melting it turned into mmmmmm something else from the view from my window (thank heavens it only looked like a mmmmmmmm man part from the POV of our house) I did burst out laughing tho when I drove past it out of our driveway.

Got to go and teach. Take Care

@rabbette: We’ll make it. I’m facing the same, my Cosmic Sister.

After my run, I had several rather blah days. Who am I kidding, I’m not getting de-stressed any better. I’m just trying to stay afloat. Lots of little things all at once. I haven’t been overeating, but I had several 16-22 hour fasts in a row, instead of fasting overnight. I feel that I simply need to eat, even if it is all emotionally driven.

I am quite determined to have a 44h fast, from now to Friday afternoon. This should work. The weekend is going to be all pure stress and I don’t know yet how I’m gonna handle it.

The snowman lasted for several days, which is quite impressive for our climate. Today was super warm, and then it all froze again. The head got progressively smaller, but it is all standing.

The best part about this WOL–we are still here, and we are still on track and the next day will be better. I do wish I could sustain that killer motivation from last year and get to 155 in time for running. I think it is still possible, I just need to deal with my stress better.

Feb 20. Small victory. I am at 24h fasted and going to bed. Yay. 44 fast here I come. I even cooked a bunch of my fabourite foods and packed them all for tomorrow.

Though I certainly didn’t lose any weight. I guess I figured out maitenance? lol I need 155lb though.

Feb 21/133.8/FD CD?

I never know on Fridays anymore. Sometimes I squeeze out a FD b/c supper is light and we just hang out and watch a movie or go to a show and I dance and just have 1 seltzer Vodka lime drink. Other times my sweetheart is sooooo ready for the weekend that it starts at noon on Fridays.

I’m not defeated tho, nope but I will say first goal is more challenging to get to than I thought it would be dang it. Glad I at least got past the -50lbs mark b/c folks always ask how much weight I have lost (being a yoga teacher I have students that have been away at random times and then come back to one of my classes and they are like whoa) so at least I get to say I’ve lost over 50lbs and that still holds true b/c the most was -57. I just keep playing ball at this 130s mark.

@165gw – so which meal seems to be the hardest one to avoid? is it dinner? I ask because I am analyzing pit falls. Mine seems to be snacking. Some FDs since I still have broth and/or a light dinner, I will eat a snack. ALSO the figs dont help in that matter. I am really good and only eat 4 figs *don’t ask me how, I think I just treat it as *food medicine* and know that it is more for my health and not necessarily my enjoyment. Even tho I do enjoy the figs yay.

I think once we get to moving more we will be able to get this weight off of us. I’m curretly dealing with an annular tear in my last vertebrae above the tail bone… Looking at 18 months for healing and exercise is good, but trying to not do to much to fast. On a seperate note I have been working on my arm strength and these tiny little arms are looking sculpted (never in my life did I think that was possible nor did I think I would ever need/want that) So there is progress

Besides like you said this WOL still has us staying trim even if its not quite as trim as we were expecting to be. I’m happy to not have just gained it all back. And really the fact that I can STILL eat some cake or have some goodies/junky stuff sometimes is worth it!

February 22: I am at 21h and fasting overnight into tomorrow, so that’s good. I think I am controlling my stress a bit better. I had a really good day and it was sunny too.

@rabbette:.Yes, we need to focus on the positives. 50lb is a huge accomplishment. You’ve done so amazing and have maintained. Especially as your body is always on display and under observation due to what you do.

We will get there. We have done so much already.

It is not a particular meal for me, it is more of a mindset. Some days as I approach 16-18h, I decide to treat myself. I am learning that I am not feeling like it is worthwhile. I started waking up with a bit of stomach ache, which I have forgotten about. I should treat myself with fasting instead. So much better for my body and mind. But when I am stressed and emotional I am not that rational. I am getting there though.

I am done with February. I need March.

February 24: 174lb. Well, I’ve been steady at 172-174. Darn it.
    However, this motivated me to do a complete fast today. I was quite tempted to break my fast at 20h, but that pesky 174lb reminded me that feeling a bit hungry in the evening is totally okay!

The truth is that lately my fasts have been too easy. 36-40h and no discomfort, no hunger. While last year I would have some fasts that were harder, and I’d still persevere through them. Yet lately I’ve been a bit more relaxed and not wanting to experience any “hardship.”

Today I’m experiencing this “hardship.” I’m doing great. It is a reminder that I’m strong and determined and not every fasting day is easy. I spent most day out and resisted eating when others were eating. And now at home I’m drinking green tea.

I’m breaking the fast tomorrow!

Feb 28/132.4/FD

This Friday unlike past Friday’s will be a FD! Which has me super excited. I just might get to see 120s again.

This will be the 5th FD in a row. And really Tuesday was the only day I ate every single calorie of the 500. The other days have been homemade chicken broth with carrots and celery.

Firm FD today. No wobble Friday for me. I’ve got a plan and it will be great!

Feeling like I’m getting closer to first goal again.

@165gw – yes I totally know what you mean about the FDs are mostly easy. I think you are right tho, that might be exactly why we are hovering instead of losing. Got to embrace the hunger feeling. (I’ve been snacking!!!!!) which I think is one of my secret dragons, that had been locked away but somehow snuck out to play. I mean the snacks have been super healthy such as just a sliced carrots or bell pepper. However I notice once I give into the snack it kinda of throws off my satisfaction of my soup. It could also mean I too need to feel hungry… we keep feeding ourselves at the point that might be when we would make progress.

Need to embrace the pink salt water trick again, that always works for a snack attack.

February 28: At 24h now, and am continuing until tomorrow, even if feeling a bit hungry (or rather “hungry” as I’m so far from actual hunger…).

Yesterday was supposed to be a fast, but I did a short 22h + OMAD Hm…Not what I intended.

@rabbette: We are hovering, that’s right! We gotta start losing. February ended another month of maintenance for me. I want to be on a better track for March and onwards. I still view this as being on the right track and a form of progress–I think I’m gearing up for the last and final leg of the journey. It is simply taking me a bit longer than I thought to dive in again. Bt I’m living a healthy life style, I’m fasting regularly, and this means all is well.

I just need to be more clear WITH MYSELF that not every eating day is a feasting day. I keep ignoring this rule. I think with ADF and alternating feasting days with eating days, I will start losing.

How is your Friday fast going? Good for you for having FD in a row and being so good about it.

We can do it!!! Spring is in the air, the days will be getting warmer (at least here! I can imagine your days have already gotten warmer!), and even though I’m at the moment cooking a bunch, and I JUST got groceries (yum, yum) I am not eating until tomorrow. I loved that taste of skinny when I was 165-168lb, and I will be there again!!

February 29. I broke my fast at 45 hours! In retrospect, I should have continued. Yesterday was really difficult, I felt hungry and unsettled. But this morning after drinking kombucha (40 calories) I felt great and not hungry. However, when I came home in the evening I was tempted to eat, and I ate. I should have used the moment and continued, as it was already evening and would have been so easy to do another overnight. Food for thought.

I am fasting now until Monday morning or possibly longer. I’m watching some videos on youtube of people fasting for 24 days and this is inspiring. Three days sounds so doable! I just need the right mindset.

My weight for February (maitenance, haha)

Feb 3 176
    Feb 5 174
    Feb 6 172
    Feb 7 171
    Feb 13 171
    Feb 23 174
    Feb 25 173.5
    Feb29 174

So technically I lost 2lb lol. However, I think I just maintained at 174. Oh well. March should be better.

Goals for March? 168. I mean after all this maintenance, my body can certainly think that it is time to do another quick loss, like when I first started.

I’m renewing my commitment to eating less on my eating days, and I know this will bring results.

March 1: Firday day of March and I am on track and ready to be a bit “hungry” as my goals are now in focus. I do need to lose more weight and 174ish is NOT where I want to be.

Last night, like 1am…I got up and ate. That was weird, but I was actually hungry. So I restarted my fast and I’m at 15 hours now and I’m hoping for a 60h fast. I can do it! I have store bought low calorie broth and miso paste for tomorrow if needed, but I am planning to break the fast on Tuesday, 1pm.

This should jump-start my weight loss.

For the next 8 weeks (March and April) I will only have one feasting day. Other days I will watch my calories and do ADF. I will update here everytime I’m tempted to get off track and I hope this will help me, just like it helped last year.

168 by the end of March, 162 by the end of April. By April I will be running regularly again and getting to 155lb by July.

What about your Ambitious spring goals, Rabbette?

March 2nd. 174lb. I guess this is my starting weight for March. I’ve been solidly around that number all February. My body needs a shake-up.

I’m at 37h fasted and will fast until at least 56 hours, which will be tomorrow morning.

It is not a clean fast, though. I had some kombucha and some miso. I’m not sure I “needed” it, but I felt like it. The fasting is going easy and my attitude and mind-set are good. I am very clear that I’m not to break my fast until tomorrow lol. I find this is the most important criterion for a successful fast–I need to be very clear with myself about the duration and mental goals.

Fasting is easy when the mindset is right and I don’t start being wishy-washy with myself.

March 2nd, second post: I am at 40h. I had a cup of 10 calorie broth and a cup of water with a squeeze of lemon. Drinking lots of tea.

It is certainly easier when 40h comes in the morning. HOWEVER, this timing (40h at around 5-6pm) lends itself to an easy 56h.

This means a late supper (11pm or midnight? lol) but then I think I can venture into more regular 56h fasts! So that’s an idea.

I’m peckish, but really nothing serious. I’m meeting a friend for coffee at 11 in the morning tomorrow and then a meeting at 1pm. If I actually only have coffee, it can be a 60h fast. However, I will be happy with 56 as well.

I realize that this kind of thinking (“I could do 60, but I’d be happy with 56”) sets me up for 56. So maybe I should avoid it and just decide to go for 60. I will be so busy all morning, I won’t even have time to be bothered with eating, so it can be a very easy 60h fast.

This sounds like a good deal all over.

March 4: 173.5 yesterday morning. I broke my fast yesterday evening at 63.5 hours! I had a 6 hour eating window and started a 36h fast which will end tomorrow morning / afternoon.

I’m feeling peckish now, but will drink more tea. I wasn’t able to check my weight today in the morning, but will do tomorrow morning.

March 4, second post. At almost 20h, just came back from a 1h walk.
    Feeling peckish and “hungry.” What’s worse, I just made my favourite meal fr the family–lentil burgers, roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes…I really could eat some of this now. Smells so good! Especially right after I entered the house from outside. But I’m determined to not break my fast. Tomorrow will be a light day.

I will have a greens + onion + pickle tuna salad, no mayo, lentil burgers with roasted sweet potatoes, no bun for lunch. And 2 soft boiled eggs with bacon, half and avocado for breakfast. At least this is what I want to have. I find planning for the after-the-fast meal while fasting very satisfying.

I’m going to calculate the calories and the goal is to have a lighter day, which woould be 1500-ish.

March 4. Meal Plan for March 5th.

This is a very luxurious meal plan. However, I need to frame it as a normal eating day, not feast. I am reminding myself that not every eating day is an unlimited feast. Feasts are for once a week.

If it were a feast, I would add some greek yogurt to my baked sweet potatoes. I’d add nuts to my coffee, well not literally, but that’s my crunch with tea or coffee and that’s 300 calories so easily! I’d add a square of dark chocolate. I’d have unlimited apples and carrots. So yes, I can see how this can put me into maintenance.

Now my normal eating is 1775 calories, which is my TDEE for sedentary and 155lb. Considering I’m effectively halving this with ADF, it is a good aim.

So here it is!

BREKKY
    2 soft boiled eggs 160
    Bacon slices 4 slices 260
    Avocado 1 cup cubed 240
    1 apple 115
    2 carrots 100
    Brekky Calories: 660 calories

SALAD
    Greens, half a package: 40
    Onion, half a cup 25
    6 Pickle 20
    Tuna 1 can 70
    Salad: 155 calories
    **How can a plain salad greens be half of the tuna can in terms of calories?? Oh wow.

The meal that goes with the SALAD:
    3 Lentil patties estimate:
    Lentil, 1 cup 230;
    Quinoa flour ¼ cup 100
    Oil 2tbs 80, or whatever is absorbed into frying them? I never know how to estimate oil
    Eggs 1 5 calories (2 eggs divided into 20 patties)
    Some onions and pickles to taste: 20 calories
    3 Patties calories: 455 calories

Sweet potato, 1 cup cubed: 114
    @ 2 cups cubes 230
    Olive oil for roasting: 2 tbs 80
    2 cups of roasted sweet potatoes: 310

Total so far: 1795

So the main goal tomorrow–no snacks, no treats. Just my favourite food in pretty good quantities to delight me. If my mindset is that it is a light day, instead of a feast, and I should be good.

I’ll probably end up with less bacon haha. The package said 4 slices, so this is what I wrote down.

Well, I have entertained myself while a bit hungry. I also had a large cup of tea. Bed time in 2 hours and I already feel that there is no way for me to “not make it” so the goal is accomplished.

March 5: 172lb. I broke my fast at 35 hours with 2 slices of bacon, two eggs, and a cup of avocado. Coffee with 6 6tbs of milk. The temptation is to eat more–I’m used to larger meals and OMAD, however, after about 10 minutes of wanting more I feel very content and I’m good. I will have a 4h eating window, though, and then will start the next fast.

I honestly need to get more busy but in a different way. I’m busy at my home office by the kitchen, and actually am very busy, but in a different way. I need to do more things outside that don’t allow me to eat while I work haha.

I also would like to be at the stage where fasting, eating and feasting is not such a big focus. I want this to just happen. But right now they are a big focus, and maybe that’s okay.

I will have my salad and lentil patties with sweet potatoes in 3 hours, and then I will be done for the day!

March 6. At 25h fasted.

Well, yesterday evolved into a feast. I started really well and enjoyed my meals, but then I realized that TOM came and I was crampy and cranky and miserable and feeling cold. But that’s okay. I mostly had extra nuts and apples and a energy bar (beets and seeds and chocolate). But I’m sure I had an extra 1000 calories easy. Should be good for maitenance haha.

The fast today went really well and I’m looking forward to an eating day tomorrow.

Sunday might not work out as a fast day due to the event that I’m doing and it will be easier to just eat when everyone is eating. But I’ll see how it goes.

I had a busy day and am still feeling the effects of that TOM and have a headache, but at least I’m not even “hungry.”

March 8: Today I broke my fast at 24hours with a small Greek Salad and black coffee. It was the entirety of my OMAD and pretty low in calories overall. I’m back home after a long day of presentations and I’m a bit “hungry”–feeling the same as if I hadn’t eaten at all. But I really didn’t want to attract attention when 4 of us went out for dinner / meeting. I’m pleased with this day and that I’m continuing overnight for an 18-24h again. I find the small / lower calories days harder than water fasting, but I did great!

March 10. Well yesterday was a fail of a day. I was feeling like crap and ate way too much. Some things I didn’t even want to eat, but I felt I needed the texture. It ended up being a feast day without any actula feast. It is in the past now.

Fasting day today! I had under 100 calories though–some kombucha, some kefir, and some miso. I think the drinks made me hungrier, for sure, but I wanted to put all kind of probiotics into myself.

I have been able to persevere despite feeling hungry tonight and tomorrow is a regular eating day. I almost convinced myself to eat tonight, but then I talked myself out of it. This decision made me feel strong and powerful.

I’ll see if I can do a 40h fast. I’d be happy with 36.

March 13: I am kicking ass! Yesterday was a 20h OMAD with a very reasonable size meal and today I’m at 30h, breaking my fast toomorrow at 42ish. Feels great to be on track and in control. I also went for a sort 20 min run yesterday, which felt great. I think the weather is finally good enough to start running regularly. The tides are turning! I feel back on track. I’m probably still at 173lb haha. I will find out on Monday.

March 14th, 173.5lb.
    I finished my fast at 42.5 hours and decided that today will be an entirely fruits and fermented products day, and a shorter eating window as well. So this is a light day, and adding them should help with the overall weight loss.

So far my weight has been too steady, and I my changes and “resolutions” have been slow.

March 2: 174
    March 3: 173
    March 5: 172
    March 7: 172.5
    March 99: 173
    March 14: 173.5

My goal of a 6lb weight loss in March doesn’t seem feasible, but emotionally I do feel back on track, so I know that April and May (and the end of March) will bring me the results that I want.

I’m also back to running every other day.

Mar 17/133.4/CD

Yesterday was a FD, although I did end the day with the thing my sweetheart called “mug in a cup” which is actually cake in a mug. It is a vegan recipe from ages ago and my darling LOVES it. I can tell it is also their kinda go-to thing to want to eat when feeling stressed. AND BOY IS THIS A TIME OF STRESS!

So I ate one as well. I forgot to look at the calories so lets see what that was… oh, not too bad. it was around 162cal. Soup for supper was prob 150 and soup for lunch was around 100. So I guess I made it under the 500. I did lose a pound from the day before so Yay.

@165gw – I really liked your break down calorie list, it is eye opening isn’t it. I also like your BREKKY term.

Yay for running again!

Here is my breakdown for March so far…

March 2: 134.8
    March 5: 132.0
    March 7: 134.4
    March 9: 137.6
    March 12: 134.4
    March 17: 133.6

This is a huge time of stress there is a lot going on in the world right now. I have decided my FDs would contain lots of soup and ((if available raw carrots)) and try not to eat just b/c I’m stressed or overthinking. I think I will have a cup of tea and/or water and sit in contemplation aka meditation.

March 21: At 27h fasted, fasting until 40+h tomorrow.

This past week I struggle to eat only when hungry. First, it was my birthday week, and I had a feeling restaurants would be closing, so we went out earlier to celebrate. Then I had 18-22h fasts daily, instead of ADF because, surprise suprise, emotional eating. I didn’t really overeat, but they weren’t “light” days either.

I’m happy about today’s fast though! I’m doing well. I focused on being mindful, went for a nice walk, and drank lots of black coffee and herbal tea.

In my last dash to a thrift store before everything got closed, I bought myself a pair of Motivational Capris. They are too tight too wear. I will need to wear them by June! I have to lose some weight! There is no way out–I have goals and I need a wearable pair of capris. Everything from last summer got too big and I donated it all.

@Rabette: We can beat it and lose some weight!

March 22: I did it! I broke my fast at 43 hours, had a very reasonable OMAD and started a new fast! I’m pleased.

But it is time to face reality–even if I haven’t stepped on the scale, I know I did NOT lose 6-8lb. I’ll give myself a kind COVID excuse and will move on. April and May will be better, I’m sure.

March 23: If one good thing is going to come out of the COVID crisis, it is going to be me losing the last pounds of fat!

I’m at 24.5h and it is tempting to break for an OMAD, but I’m not even that hungry. I’m going to continue into tomorrow as planned. It is not that easy as I’ve been cooking so much!

When it is over I will fit into my Motivational Capris when the time comes.

I’m going to step on the scale tomorrow. I’m guessing I’m steady at 173 lb , but that’s okay.

March 27. It is all sorta going down the drain. Two days ago I ventured to the grocery store. I was both relieved that it wasn’t crowded but the eerie, dark, empty store did affect me. I bought treats for myself. Ice cream. Haven’t done this in ages. I don’t even like ice cream. Smoked fish. At least I do like smoked fish.

I’ve been keeping 16h fasts. Eating breakfast with my kids was a treat. Some days I wasn’t even hungry, and yet I had bacon and eggs and coffee and toast with my kids and it felt sort of normal.

The weather didn’t help. It has been snowing on and off for the last 4 days. Dark and gloomy.

I think I’m on a break from fasting until a sunny day. Or something. Maybe I need a bit of a reset. I really, really don’t want to gain weight over this. It is sitlly and doesn’t make sense.

I’m preparing myself for a treat of a fast–simple, spiritual. A gift to myself. It is silly, but I do need a sunny day to help me out. I couldn’t even force myself to go out on a run. In the beginning of winter running in snow fall was a treat. Now I’m just like, WHAT is this?? Snowflakes??? Why??

I know I’ll be back on track, and this break is what I needed. But darn it. No weight loss for March. April and May, with the “treating myself with food” out of the way and out of my system. My goal is to be fit, slim and healthy at the end of May.

@rabbette: How are you doing?

March 29: Finally got my act slightly together and am fasting into tomorrow. I’m at 27 hours. It is really just the mindset–I decided I wouldn’t eat today and I didn’t. I wasn’t even remotely hungry today. Which didn’t prevent me from eating this whole past week. So yeah…small victories.

The weather was nice and I almost went for a walk or a run, and I should’ve. But I didn’t. I did practice guitar (I am terribly uncoordinated and have no musical hearing, so this is my Corona-Challenge); Painted a rooster just for fun; watched a Poirot mystery; baked muffins and cooked for the kids. I guess it wasn’t an entirely depressing day!

April 5: It was a bit ironic and soberring to read my own post aboove, from March 29. This entire week went to … well, it didn’t go that well. But I’m at 27 hours fasting and will continue into tomorrow.

All this week my fasts were merely “fasts”–16-18hh. There wasn’t a single sunny day this week. I went for a short walk, but haven’t been running. Was I eating small meals and being sensible? No. Did I stuff myself with donuts and pizza and ice cream and cake and soda yesterday, as we celebrated my kid’s birthday? Yeah, I did. Everybody did. We all felt it was too much and we all ate too much. We are not even a junk food family, but you gotta do what you gotta do. The kids said it was worse than Halloween in terms of how much sugar they consumed.

I bought chocolate for Easter, and at least we haven’t eaten those. Yet.

Now that April has officially started and there’s some sunny days in the forecast, I hope my mindful fasting will be my support.

April 8: 177.5 OOOOPS. Not good. A great wake up call though! I feel my old resolve and motivation and energy have returned!

I broke my 68 hours fast yesterday, ate a normal size oMAD and started the next fast–back to strict ADF! The 68h fast felt really great.

I’m at 28h now–I’ve been cooking and baking all day, some for the family, and some for me to enjoy tomorrow. I’m feeling a bit peckish, but not tempted to break my fast. I brushed my teeth to help with this. I’m also doing oil pulling which keeps my mouth clean and I’m not tempted to eat.

I’ll break my fast tomorrow morning at 42h or in the early afernoon, at 48h, or in between. After I reach the 42h–I’m good at breaking it at any time that the fancy strikes me.

I did make a rather peculiar beet salad that will be either a hit or a miss and I’m very curious to taste it. The recipe called for grated cooked beets, grated hard cheese, grated garlic, prunes and mayo. However I had to make quite a number of possibly unfortunate substitutions.

My salad:

Grated boiled beets, grated garlic, raisins, panir, parmesan, yogurt. Hm… one of my kids did me a favor and tried a tablespoon and said that this wasn’t fully edible. However, my kids don’t love beets with the same passion.

I might be tempted to add mayo and canned smoked fish and / or pickles. Don’t ask.

We are also all ready / have supplies to roll some sushi with the kids tomorrow, which will be fun and yummy.

April 9: 176. Okay, the weight is going down a bit.

I broke the fast at 48h today at 2pm, after spending a busy and active morning outside. I wasn’t hungry and probably could have continued, but I was a slave to my beet salad. I shouldn’t coo things for myself in advance! The salad was very good, and I enjoyed it as my picnic lunch in the woods.

Today ended up a 20:4 day, as we also ended up making sushi. I started the timer for another 48h fast. This time I am making sure I’m not cooking anything for myself to eat “later” so that if I’m not hungry, I will extend the fast for another night, as the 48h will come in early evening.

April 10. I decided I’m going to step on the scale only after my fasts, at least for now.

I’m at 24h fasted, and will break my fast tomorrow morning or afternoon. I’m feeling a bit peckish, but otherwise well. I have made pizza from scratch for the family, but I haven’t prepped any food for me for tomorrow. If I’m hungry tomorrow, I’ll cook then.

This is my 3rd ADF fast and the motivation is going strong. The shock of being close to 180lb hasn’t worn off yet lol

April 11: 176lb, same as last time. I broke my fast at 42h and had a very carby OMAD. My kids made French toast for breakfast–they don’t cook often, so I endulged. I praised them a lot too, to encourage the endeavor haha. I then had left over pizza that I made last night, 3 apples, 3 carrots, 2 bananas, and 3 pieces of dark chocoate. Then I restarted my app for a 42-48h fast. If they weren’t making breakfast, I could have gone past 42.

I also took a progress photo with my now very tight new motivational capris, with a huge muffin top. I was feeling a bit down about it (even thought I BOUGHT them tight), but as I saved the photo in my progress photos folder, I was reminded that on May 11 LAST YEAR I was 195lb. Wow. And I’m not happy with 176? I’m whole 20lb lighter than 11 months ago! And I have big goals for May 11 too!

April 7: 68h; 177.5lb
    Apri 9: 48h; 176lb
    April 11: 42h; 176lb

I’m on a roll and feeling great. Another motivation for slightly longer fasts now is that I have a sensitive tooth and I know from experience that having OMADS and longer fasts takes the sensitivity away. It is already much better, almost non-existen after the 68h fast. However, dentists are not available right now, so I don’t want to push my luck. I’m back to oil pulling several times a day (which probably breaks my fast a litte but it is what it is), and I’m very motivated to have 40h+ fasts.

I will try to achieve 48h, but will be happy with 42 as well.

April 12: I’m at 24h fasted, continuing into tomorrow. Yesterday was interesting. About 4 hours after my supposed OMAD I was becoming so hungry. I could have persevered, but my rule is not to be hungry on the feasting days! So I had another meal–a beet salad (I think I perfected the combination of beets, garlic, cheese, pickles, yogurt and smoked fish!) I know it sounds awful, but what a great little salad. I enjoyed it very much, as well as a little egg salad–sauted onions and hard boiled eggs, no mayo. And a chocolate with tea for a treat.

But now at 24 I’m not feeling hungry–I’m content and feel great. I’ve done plenty of yard work as the weather is finally nice.

I made a red lentil soup for the family, for the first time. I usualy mage green lentil soups with Italian spices, but this time I used a completely different set of spices. The kids loved it (to my delight!) and I’m hoping to have some left for tomorrow. Or I might make another pot!

I’m likely to break the fast at 40 tomorrow, but I will see how it goes, I might go a bit longer.

Rain for the next 2 days, and then cooler weather. I’ll be enjoying it all, day by day.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply.