Questions about nutrition

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Questions about nutrition

This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LJoyce 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi everyone!

My name is Vincent, i am 21 years old and already have some sort of history in fasting and bodybuilding.

I want to start with the 5:2 fasting diet/lifestyle. However, i still have one question:

How many calories do i need to get in on the not fasting days? Just my maintenance calories? Or more?

Hi Vleuver – and welcome to 5:2 and the forum.

On nonFast Days you eat up to you Total Daily Energy Expenditure calories(TDEE). To calculate your TDEE click on ‘Resources’ at the top of the page and click on Calculate BMI. Fill in the details and it will calculate your BMI, BMR (basal Metabolic Rate, the amount to just be alive each day, and TDEE calories.

Good luck!
    Merry

Hi Vleuver, I’m not sure if you are looking for the general health benefits of fasting or if you are wanting to lose weight as well.
    If you want to use 5:2 to lose weight then you need to stay under your TDEE on the non-fast days.
    If you just want the lifestyle and health benefits but not weight loss, then you will need to eat a little over your TDEE non-fast days – you may need to experiment with how much to eat to have a stable weight. Also, if this is your reason for using intermittent fasting you might consider doing 6:1 instead as it will require less adjustment on the other days.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.