Question about Tuesday/Thursday Fasting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LipstickLiberty 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hello,
    I’m relatively new to The Fast Diet, but it has already worked wonders for me. I have a question though. I’ve read that there should be 48 hours between fasting days… is this true? I’d like to make my fasting days Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I want to make sure I’m allowing enough time between fasts. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Kath and welcome:

There is no requirement that there be 48 hours between diet days. Any two days work fine, although for newbies consecutive days may be a challenge. Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thank you so much!

Yes, Simcoeluv is right. In fact on the alternate day fasting pattern that Krista Varady spoke about to Michael Mosley in one of his interviews, you finish one day’s fast at breakfast and start another after dinner that evening. You’d also do this for six out of seven days on the 4:3. But 5:2 is quite flexible about which days you do your fast, which is good for fitting round things.

Hi, all. Thanks for the clarification and link, Simcoeluv. I have been contemplating using the 5:2 fast diet to get rid of an unwanted 36kg, and my intention was to use Tuesday and Thursday for my fast days, with Wednesday and Friday as backups, should a week’s scheduling throw a wrench into the works. Sounds as though this can be done. I notice that fasting 2 days in a row was mentioned. I don’t know that I could ever do that; but, would it aid/accelerate the weight-loss process?

Thanks!
    Jackie C

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.