please help me Tomorrow my first fast

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
please help me Tomorrow my first fast

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• hi
    Tomorrow ia my first fast and I am nervous. 06.02.2018
    I have tried so many diets before this is my last go…I have made low cal veggie soup its 300 cal will last me two portions and made two portions of salads…. premeasuered everything 100% accurate… I have everything ready 400caL and keeping 100cal for emergency like 10cal jelly.
    Will keep posting here how I am doing…
    Need some motivation, inspiration.
    Anyone is fasting tomorrow?
    we should make whatsap group to motivate each other.

Hi mingas and welcome:

Here are some tips. For starters, you should at least read the ‘Warnings’ link and the ‘TDEE’ link. Hope they help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

mingas, Here’s a suggestion: add protein to your menu. It keeps you fuller longer and helps to maintain muscle mass. Drink lots of water/tea/coffee [with or without caffein] between meals.
    So, that was 2 days ago — how did it go for you? I’d try to eat more, so you will feel neither hungry nor deprived.

Here’s a nice, easy breakfast:
    Poached Egg on Toast: 286 calories 6.3 g fat 4.1 g fiber 13.7 g protein 36.4 g carbs 126 mg Calcium PB GF if using GF bread I never used to like poached eggs, but on a Fast Day, they taste good. one slice of 70-cal bread one 2-oz egg 1 and ½ oz of apple or 2 oz melon 5-6 oz fruit smoothie or natural apple cider blackish coffee or blackish tea or lemon in hot water
    If using an egg poacher, lightly spray the egg cup and heat the water to a simmer. Toast the bread. Poach the egg for 3-4 minutes, according to your taste. Slide the egg onto the toast; season to taste; enjoy with your hot beverage, and the fruit smoothie.

Here’s another:
    Parmesan-Chive Bake: 279 calories 7.5 g fat 3.7 g fiber 15 g protein 30 g carbs 275 mg Calcium PB GF While I was away for 10 days, Dear Husband invented this breakfast to take advantage of the fresh chives in the garden. Clever man.
    One 2-oz egg 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped 1.5 tsp reduced-fat ricotta cheese 1 oz kiwi fruit 5-6 oz fruit smoothie or green smoothie or natural apple cider blackish coffee or blackish tea or lemon in hot water
    First set the toaster oven to 350 degreese F. My Dear Husband is the one who prepares the breakfasts. He says to start the coffee next and then to prepare the smoothie. Spritz a ramekin with oil or non-stick spray. Whisk the egg with the cheeses and chives and pour into the ramekin. Bake in the toaster oven at 350 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs. Prepare the kiwi fruit, pour the beverages and have an easy day.

For dinner:
    Baked White Fish with cheese: 145 calories 5.9 g fat 0 g fiber 33 g protein 0.2 g carb 129 mg Calcium PB GF Another winner from the Fast Diet book.
    6 oz firm white fish fillets such as haddock or cod 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, grated Your choice of vegetables to add up to 125 calories: ½ cup pickled beets [74 cal] 3 oz green beans [26 cal] ½ cup peas [62 calories] ½ cup carrot coins [12 cal] 3 oz broccoli florets [30 cal] 2 oz parsnip, sliced as coins [42 cal] 1 cups salad greens + ½ tsp lemon juice + 1 tsp olive oil [48 cal] 3 oz tomatoes [15 cal]
    Heat the oven to 400 F. Put the fish in an oven-proof dish which has been lightly smeared with olive oil. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables of your choice. How easy it is to be healthy!

One more:
    Chili non Carne: PB GF The recipe is my mother’s, except that she used beef. And she served it on a heap of mashed potatoes, but we won’t do that on a Fast Day.
    1 cup =133 calories 0.7 g fat 6.3 g fiber 7.1 g protein 9.8 g carbs 70 mg Ca
    1.5 c. =199 calories 1.1 g fat 9.1 g fiber 9.4 g protein 14.2 g carb 120 mg Ca
    HINT: This is enough for 4 one-cup servings OR two 1.5 cup servings with 1 cup left over. Save the remaining chili for a lunch or check other postings to see how we use it for breakfast.
    For 1.5 cups chili served with cheese garnish and melon, as in photo: 276 calories 9.7 g fat 6.1 g fiber 13.3 g protein 19.4 g carbs 227 mg Calcium
    15 oz canned red beans, drained and rinsed 16 oz canned tomatoes – in chunks or diced, not drained 1 cup chopped onion 1 green pepper, chopped 2-3 tsp chili pepper, or more if you like it hotter ½ – 1 tsp ground cumin per serving: 1 Tbsp cheddar cheese, grated, as a garnish 2 oz melon

Saute the onion and green pepper in some of the tomato juices until tender. Add remaining ingredients and cook gently until the stew is thickened. Taste to see if it needs more seasoning. Serve one or one and a half cups for dinner tonight with the grated cheese on top, and melon on the side.

Fasting me.

when can you come and cook for me, I’m just glad it’s not a FD you’re making me hungry. 😊

TyphOO, the recipes are one reason my husband and I look forward to Fast Days: we have LOTS of really good recipes. The other reason is how virtuous we feel while Fasting,lol, as well as how the scales read the next day. If you want to see more recipes, click my ‘handle’ to see my Profile. There you will see the web address for my Blog about Fasting. I’ll provide the recipes, you get to cook them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.