Pain after breaking fast

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Data 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi

I’ve been doing a sort of fast 800 diet this past week, having worked my way up to it over the past few weeks by doing some TRE and stretching the fasting time. However, since going for a 22 hour fast and eating OMAD, I’ve been experiencing some severe pain in my upper abdomen, around my gall bladder. I’ve always had a fairly delicate stomach, so I was hoping the fasting might help with that, but it doesn’t seem to be settling down. I have had problems in the past with gall stones, but that was after pregnancy and a c-section, which we think shifted the gall stones….but it does make me worry that it’s flaring up again.

Has anyone else experienced this and does it soon pass? Is there a way I can break my fast each day without aggravating it? I’ve been having a miso soup, followed half an hour later by a rice cake (eaten very slowly), but that did not work today and I’ve been in pain all evening.

I would appreciate any advice. I am going for a blood test next Thursday to check my thyroid and gall bladder, but I’m wondering if I should just stop fasting now. It’s a shame because I’m really enjoying it and already seeing results…I think this type of diet and it’s variations would really suit me, so I’ll be sad if I can’t fast.

Thank you in advance

Hi Mella,

I’m sorry to hear this and it isn’t something I’ve experienced myself. In the 7.5 years I’ve been following the 5:2 regime my approach has always been to have 3 very small meals each day for breakfast, lunch and dinner rather than a single, larger one, after not eating for 22 hours. Perhaps trying that variation of approach may prove more successful for you.

Of course it may not help at all, but it shouldn’t do any harm trying it.

Best of luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.