Our journey together

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Wally 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Morning everyone, I just joined the forum today to support myself and my husbands very long journey.

I’m 35 and 23 stone
    My husband is 40 and 17 stone 13 lbs

We started Tuesday of this week, today is my second fast day and I’m ok (much better than I thought Id be anyway!)

I’ve tried many diets in the past in fact maybe all of them expect Atkins as I’m not a huge meat eater. I normally lose 25 to 35 lbs, start feeling better about myself and give up but this time I have to keep going!

I’m very disorganised so any tips with food ideas would be great.

Feeling very positive as this is the first time we’ve dieted together and that has to make it easier doesn’t it!?

I have just made a post on a thread entitled ‘Carbs’ which you might find helpful. I make sure that I eat well on non-fasting days too, and don’t turn them into some sort of secondary diet. I started out at 21st-3lbs – so good luck to you both!

Very pleased we’ve made it through our first two fasts this week and it wasn’t awful you really just have to keep telling yourself “its ok you can eat tomorrow and that’s not a long time away!”

We’re not at the end of the first week yet but I sneaky peaked this morning and the scales say half a stone lighter 🙂

Long may this will power continue!

Good luck! 🙂

Hi and Welcome Wanna:

The way you do 5:2 is to go to bed, get up, eat 500/600 calories during your waking hours, go to bed, get up and eat your TDEE or less. Here is some information on TDEE: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Here are some tips for those just starting 5:2: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

You both can do it, just give 5:2 a chance!

Good Luck!

Hi Wanna

I started 6 mths ago. Have lost 35lbs. Be satisfied with a lb a week!!!!!! Don’t rush and enjoy the ride. Treat diet days as special! They are! Special food, tasty food, and food you have to munch I.e raw (ish) food. If you like tea /coffee then go black and enjoy as your taste buds will change. Cut out sugar, or significantly reduce it – white , pure but deadly stuff!! If you don’t like cooking try your hand. Spice up food, calorie cost is nothing in doing so and you have that after burn/taste that makes you feel as though you have eaten something. We also have coffee, decaf, after dinner and reward with one square of green and blacks mint choc. It is so rich, you can’t binge on it, but it is our reward, a little thing but big meaning for being good. Beans, I.e haricot, borlotti etc are great as they have protein which helps to reduce hunger. Drink water, not loads, just when you are thirsty or hungry but add a slice of lemon or lime, just squeeze it in! Just remember your body will resist but persevere as you will get total control. The body is like a dirty tricks department and learn its tricks and you will find it easy – hunger pangs are worse than the wife moaning and we can turn a deaf ear! Also you will find it empowering when you do. This diet is really special, not like any I have done before, and I have done many yo-yo ones. Make a commitment for say three months, don’t despair if you put weight on in a week, you WILL lose 1lb a week, the science dictates it. Good if you and hubby does it as my wife has lost 21lbs also. Go to bed early on a fast day. Have a shower/bath before bed and relax with good book it really does work! You will wake up totally refreshed. Good cook books are fat hairy bikers, their diet books are especially good for common food done differently. Their second book is better, the yellow cover. Not all the recipes are suitable but they will surprise you. Mimi books are also v good. Anthony worral Thompson did/does GI / GL books and some of these are good. We try 200/400 or 300/300 mix over two meals on fast days. Slight reduction for wife of course! Take control of your food, enjoy fresh ingredients on fast days, good tasty special food! You are special, enjoy the ride so don’t rush it!! As the weight comes off you will become more active without even trying. Enjoy walking, you see much more and have time to talk to people and it won’t damage ligaments etc! Take it easy and it will be easy, be patient. Have confidence as it does work. We are looking forward to 6:1 for the rest of our life. The health benefits have been very noticeable. I no longer snore, apparently! Damn good luck to you both. Keep posting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.