Osteoporosis, bursitis, arthritis and supplements – is this safe to do?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Osteoporosis, bursitis, arthritis and supplements – is this safe to do?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Firefox7275 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I have all the above and take Vit D3, Magnesium, K2 and fish oil to help my bones. I also have HRT patches, also for bone health.
    I’m assuming that the diet itself is safe for osteoporosis as you are eating a varied, healthy Mediterranean diet. I will focus on foods high in calcium.
    I need to lose weight for the arthritis and this is, for me, the most attractive diet as I have done it before but before all the illnesses!
    The Vit D3 and K2 should be taken with fatty foods so I’m thinking I will just take them with some almonds?
    Am I right In my thinking or should I rethink and try something else?
    Thanks.

The initial 800 calorie phase is quite restrictive, it is not possible to eat a properly balanced and very varied diet on so few calories.

It would be well worth checking with your family doctor, osteologist or pharmacist if you wish to ‘kick start’ with a couple of weeks of this.

Calcium is not the only important mineral in bone health, it is however the most well known. Magnesium is also important for example, and there are relatively few truly rich sources in the Western diet. Rich sources of magnesium include chia seeds, ground flaxseeds, cocoa powder or cacao nibs, very low sugar dark chocolate.

HTH!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.