Only 4lbs since April

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• I’m so fed up. I’ve been carefull fasting every week apart from my holiday since April and have lost only 4lbs. I’m 5’9 and now 12stone. Oh and I’m 48. I excercise a few times a week. Any suggestions. I could cry

Hi Gillian

I’m sorry to hear that you’re not getting the results you want on the Fast Diet. I am the same height/weight as you and have been doing the Fast Diet for 9 weeks. I have been really happy with the results, although they are slow, they are consistent. I’ve changed a lot of other behaviours since starting the FD which I think has really contributed to my weight loss.

Are you fasting twice a week? What do you typically eat on non-fasting days? Have you tracked your calories on one of those days to see where you’re at there? Do you exercise often??

I write a blog post once a week about my meals and progress on the Fast Diet if you want to have a little peek, I don’t know if it will help, but maybe it’ll give you some new meal ideas to help keep it interesting if nothing else?.

http://meg-made.blogspot.co.uk

Have you got The Fast Diet Recipe book? I love it and use a heap of meal suggestions from there, and even find myself cooking them on non-fast days too (which must be helping my weight loss journey). Maybe track your measurements instead of lbs.

Don’t feel bad, even if the scales aren’t moving, there’s no doubt your body is better off having been on this diet, stick with it!

xx

Hi Gillian, there is not much I can add to what Meg-made hast already said.

I think, as she has pointed out keeping track on what you eat on your non-fast days might help to get a better grip on how many calories you are really consuming.I am not sure whether you are already doing this, but I can tell you from my own experience I was shell shocked to see how many calories some of those tiny, innocent looking cookies contain. There are some useful apps out there for your phone or tablet (should you own one of these that help with calories counting. Myfitnesspal and LoseIt! are both very good apps.

My biggest issue is not the fasting but to not over-compensate on non-fast days. I quite often feel like I have earned the right to eat as much as I want and whatever I want on non-fast days. Unfortunately this is not really true.

To compensate for some of my excesses I regularly add another fast day, so to make it a 4:3 week and I also try not to eat anything for 16 hours on a regular basis (16:8 way of life)

Anyhow, I hope it works for you at some point.

All the best
    Stef.

I feel sorry for your Gillian because of the disappointment that you feel with weight loss. But then I think fasting is not a good thing if you want to loss some pounds. I think it will be better if you do some regular exercise or workouts as well. Also, I would suggest that if you skip meals to loss weight, never do it anymore. You should just focus on the foods that will help you in achieving your goal. Never skip meals because it will only leave you craving for more. I want to share you some weight loss recipes I have learned from http://metaboliccooking.org and I hope it will help you the way it helped me. 🙂

What has that last post got to do with anything? Surely the aim of the fast diet is to both lose weight and become more healthy. Ok, 4lb is not a lot and I think I would have given up by now as it is disheartening not to lose anything, so good on you for not giving up. I agree with Meg-made and Stef about checking what you are eating on non-fast days or trying 4:3. I’d also have a look at other posts as other people are trying different things such as the number of hours between eating – you need to find something that works for you. Good luck

The post by KristineMae was just to advertise a $197 ‘cookbook’ plus several other wallet emptying add-ons.
    Nothing at all to do IF.
    Maybe if KristineMae as a member of 5:2 forum did some homework, read the book and realised the other benefits of IF she could have saved herself about $190!

Rant over.

TROLL IN THE ROOM!!!

Dear Gillian,

try some shaun t workouts. they boost your motivation and are very fun. start with Fat Burning Cardio and Ab Sculpt….even when i did them all the time it helped in every way………….BTW i am still at school and felt crud at the time – thats why i started in the first place. !:)

i know just how you feel but PLEASE dont give up…..

i hope i dont sound too annoying

lol

Haha hey Tally, careful with your words, you sound like another advertisement. I know you’re not, just saying 😉 Plus, people need to find things for themselves. A lot of people aren’t motivated by exercise, and to then immediately recommend Shaun T workouts can be a bit too much. 😛

Are you still around Gillian? Haven’t heard from you in a while. Let us know how you’re doing, and please also what kind of tips you’re looking for!

Dear Nika and Gillian,

sorry about that,
    looking back it looks really annoying

i know what you mean Nika and i am sorry gillian and hope you have found a technique 🙂

good luck for the future

thanks,

Tally x

No worries tally! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.