One Week in 0.6kg Up!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• But that’s OK! I’ve dieted myself to 105kg over 30 years of taking 5kg off ending up 10kg heavier. Once I hit 100kg I knew I had to stop because I was starting to really stuff up my knees etc. To be a healthy BMI I should be between 60-80kg

So its been a long time since I’ve done any diet – except eating healthily. I started this one to get my partner on it. He’s at his heaviest – 113kg – he’s on 6 pills a day for high BP, cholestrol etc He MUST lose weight. Fortunately he’s never really dieted so I have hopes it will work for him. Though after the fast day he’d gone up another 3kg – so he’s not weighing – just going on the waist measurement.

I also weight every day so I know that on average I’m down – my daily weight have ranged as low as 103.7 – and my average is 104.8 I’m also down 2cm on my waist and hips.

So if you are a weekly weigher – don’t dispair if you go up some weeks!

Is the issue not so much what you eat on Fast Days as what you eat on Slow Days [as we call nfdays in our house]? The Fast Diet implies that you can ‘eat what you want’ on Slow Days, but if that’s lots of fried fast-food and processed food and lots of booze, then it won’t work.

I started the Fasting to keep my husband company while he lost weight. He did very well and I lost the weight I wanted, and then some more.

There is a calculation [on this site, I think] which helps you to figure out how many calories to consume on a Slow Day to get to your target weight while having 2 Fast Days/week. This helped me out.

Good luck to both of you.

@lissienz – My weight often goes up 2kg on a NFD after a FD. (Non Fast Day) It is common to see swings in your weight. You and your husband are correct to focus on other measurements.

My peak weight was 106kg which seems pretty horrible. Currently I’m in the mid-80’s, 82.5kg this morning.

Before I started fasting I was stuck for a couple years in the 90’s. In fact I got to a point where I was suffering a lot of hunger and putting of fat while not eating that much. Cutting a lot of refined sugar out of my diet changed that. I cut from around 60g/day to less than 20g/day. Many of the cuts were very easy to do. Some took adjustments. I replaced my beloved ice cream bars with nuts and actually ended up with more calories/day, but I started losing fat. I had an easy time then getting to 86kg. After that it has been fasting. However my body fat is probably less than 20% now, so it is a little harder.

Less than 10 years ago my doctor wanted me to start taking medication but I requested we use diet and exercise instead. It has taken years but at my last physical my blood pressure was 114/72. I’m still drug free.

Medications probably have a big impact and might make the journey harder. Best of luck to you.

Pleased to read these positive comments on here as I am feeling rather disheartened – have stuck to the letter of the law on fast days, eaten sensibly on ‘slow’ days (love that!) except I do enjoy my wine (not drinking more than before the diet though and nothing on fast days) but did go to a wedding last weekend and the net result is I’m right back where I started. Not quite feeling like giving up but it’s a bit depressing – 2 steps forward and 2 steps back! 🙁

I think you’ve answered your own question. Ive eaten to the letter of the law…..apart for the wine. 7 calories per gram and every gram MUST be sent to the liver and processed and stored as fat. Try 5:2 for a month without the wine and see what happens.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.