Officially starting tomorrow!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Officially starting tomorrow!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jamila90 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi all,

I’m new here but have recently read the 5:2 book. I’ve decided that tomorrow is my first official day with my first fast day being Tuesday, and second one on Thursday.

So a little about me…
    I’m 27, 5’7 and currently weigh 14 stone 10lbs…. This is the heaviest I’ve ever been 🙁 I would ideally like to get down to around the 10 stone mark. Although would be happy at 11ish. A few years ago I lost a lot of weight and was really happy and proud of myself. I ended up getting divorced from my then husband and a little while after met my wonderful new boyfriend, who, it just so happens is an amazing cook! So here I am having piled it all back on! So angry with myself!

With food my main downfall is portion size! We actually cook fairly well, everything is made from scratch and we use all the best ingredients we can. But… I probably eat enough for 3 people at once! Also we struggle with alcohol…. I’m not saying I’m an alcoholic but we do drink far too much! Both of these problems we are going to be dealing with on the 5:2.

I’m pretty active, I’ve an 8 month old puppy that I take walking every day for an hour and also do a fair bit or horse riding. Although this has got less recently. I do have a gym membership but have been really slack about using it! I MUST get back to it this week! I’ve read that fasted cardio is very good?

Anyway that’s me! I’m actually looking forward to starting this journey, my boyfriend is doing it with me. I’m planning on fasting until evening on my fast days and having a small low carb meal. Fingers crossed!

P.s if anyone has a Fitbit and wants some motivation/competition let me know! Really want to get my exercise up in the coming weeks.

Polly 🙂

Hi Polly,
    Welcome to the forums and good luck with your first Fast Day!
    I’ve been doing 5:2 for just about 3 months and it has made a huge and wonderful difference to my life. The Fast days have done a lovely job of refiguring my brain and my portion sizes have naturally got smaller, and my hunger signals have got in line with the amount of food my body actually needs.
    It is a way of life for me now.
    Good luck and best wishes

Thanks Cinque,

I’m really hoping to retrain my brain to make healthier choices, will be interesting to see what happens!

Will do an official weigh in and put my measurements up here later. I’m naturally quite a competitive person so I think posting it in public will spur me on to do well! Possibly a strange way of thinking I know!

Have already prepared dinner for tonight so that we can eat early before the fasting day tomorrow. Another one of our problems is that we can tend to eat quite late into the evening. I just need to be more prepared!

🙂

Preparation is good! I’m sending you lots of good wishes for tomorrow! I hope you enjoy it!

Hi Polly,

Today is my first fast day, I am used to fasting during Ramadan but for some reason find it so hard outside of this month. The cold has set in today, really wanting a hot choc but fighting all temptation with water, water and more water.

We are at similar goals as well, I am 25, weight 90kg (14.1 stone), my heaviest as well, and feeling it. My goal is 60kg by my birthday 20/05/16, or at least 70kg, which is what I was at my lowest.

Best of luck for your fast tommorrow!

Welcome to this journey Jamila! Best wishes for your first Fast Day!

Hi Jamila!

Good luck for today, you can do it!

Yeah cold weather makes me crave really warming filling meals too, but just think, you can have something nice tomorrow! Need to go and do all my measurements soon, am dreading it! But they need to be done!

Keep on with the water and let me know how you get on!

Polly

Hi Polly and Cinque,

Thank you so much for your kind words, will defo keep you updated on this journey. Getting excited now 🙂

Morning all,

So it’s my first fast day today! I’m planning on fasting all day and then having a small 500 kcal dinner, probably something along the lines of turkey breast and steamed veg. Am also heading out on a long dog walk soon and have lots to do around the house so should be able to distract myself pretty much all day!

My official weigh in this morning:
    13th October: 14 stone 8lbs
    Goal weight: 10 stone 7 lbs – so I’ve got a lot to lose!

My measurements are as follows:

Neck: 15inches
    Bust: 48 inches
    Under bust: 40 inches
    Waist: 38 inches
    Hips: 44 inches
    Thigh: 25 inches

Hopefully these will start getting smaller soon! X

Go Polly!

Good luck Polly. Stick to it no matter what!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.