OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,058 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Bellyblast 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,059 total)

• Day 15, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Having the munchies. Sometimes the sugar dragon comes out and does not leave. Who eats a whole bag of ginger chews? Me!!!🤔🙄😳 So I firmly closed the kitchen at 4:30 PM. Has to stay closed. No excuses!

Hope everyone had a good Monday. Will catch up on posts later. 😊😊😊

Day 15 Minnesota, USA MFD

After posting last night I continued to add a couple hundred calories to my already over-TDEE day. Today under 800, so not so bad. I will hopefully do another FD tomorrow.

@strawberriesandcream; All the best to you. I hope your little break gives you a respite from some stress and brings you back to the forum refreshed and ready to continue on. I hope all goes well with your dad.
    @snowflake56: so sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers for her, and for you, and for your OH and family for the situation with MIL. I’m sure your SIL felt terrible but they should have asked her before starting “reanimation”, and MIL’s records should have been right there for other GP to consult. It was not her fault. Hugs and positive vibes sent to you for a better time ahead.
    @bert1802, I hope you can get out of jury duty…they usually have such a large group to call on that it should not be a problem. Show them your ticket receipts!
    @judyjudes: welcome! You seem very positive, and glad to have you here.
    @debster251; I hope your pup is feeling better; thank goodness your OH had an idea of what had happened or it could have taken forever to figure out what he ingested.
    @claire-suzanne: Best of luck on getting the very best job “for you”! Prayers for you, it is so important to our emotional health to be happy in our work.
    @ciren2; just do a couple of good, not perfect, FDs and see if you don’t feel better. Many of us are here to offer you a lift up into the wagon.

Stay strong everyone! And be kind to yourselves.

Pocket list for Day 16

@cateaus
    @northerndawn

2nd post……

I made it through a FD!!! yippee! Now the kitchen is closed! I came in at about 300 calories. This is only because I ate the funkiest thing know to man kind! I’m mean this stuff was odd! Had no taste and the texture was well peculiar!

So, I’m out of vitamins, after work, I ran up to the natural store. I was poking around their food section. Actually looking for a low calorie lunch option! Very tired of just veggies.

So, I’m in the pasta section, low calorie……not on your life. But I see this watery stuff in a bag that says Mircle pasta and Mircle Rice. I pick it up, oh my word! Even the bag feels weird! I flip it over 10 calories per serving! I look at every one of them and land on the Mircle rice.
    So, a few YouTube videos later, I figure out how to cook them. Super easy!

So, I followedthe direction, put more spices in it that I can count. I figured they’d have little to no taste and the added some broccoli. Okay, so I added to many red pepper flakes so it was a bit spicy. they had no taste and the oddest texture.

It was an okay dinner for less than 70 calories!

I think next time, I’m going to boil them with a beef bouillon to see if that helps!

So odd!

I know my discription was not the best, these things are just so hard to describe. But beside low in calories, they are packed with tons of fiber, gluten free, non soy, vegan and organic. The girl at the counter said a lot I’d diabetics and keto followers use them.

So,the didn’t have my vitamins so I got to go back tomorrow, I think I’m going to pick up the pasta ones and try them.

Weird just plain weird but what the hell…… I’m a glutton for punishment….. so I’ll keep experimenting and see what happens!

Still day 15 –

@bert1802 – I have found with the miracle products, I just mostly rinse them off in a sieve until the smell is neutralized and their warmed up a little. I use them instead of the “real” thing to cut down carbs but don’t really cook them much. The other day I used some, just warmed them up as a base for the beef stew I’d made. They just took on the flavor of the stew. They take on the flavor of whatever you’re making.

Day 15 Ohio, US —- FD(#19)

A good FD! Stayed on target all day.

And now time to take weekly stock of my monthly goals:

Being faithful to the 5:2 WOL — all fast days taken and completed.
    working toward an hour of physical activity a day — 3 days meeting the minimum, up one from last week
    working toward getting 8 hours of sleep a night — definite progress, although most nights only got between 7 and 7.5 hours of sleep at night.
    limiting screen time a little — while I’m definitely doing less screen time, I’ve sort of given up on this one for the time being.
    eating only my TDEE on NFD’s — definitely met for the whole week!
    curtailing sweets/desserts — no sweets at all this after my trip a week ago. This is a definite improvement over the recent past.

@bert1802 You are definitely braver than me! I still avoid doing food shopping on FD’s!

Day 16, Cornwall UK, NFD

Good fast day yesterday.

Our wild weather weekend was interesting. I went down to St Mawes to see the waves – and got blasted – couldn’t stand up in places. A man standing by the harbour had his glasses ripped off his face by the wind and blown in the water. No-one wanted to go in to find them. He was getting v agitated.

@merryapple – being a plant person i spend a lot of time in garden clothes. I think I’d be noted as a bag-lady if i went down Bond Street! It all sounds v glamorous.

Feel like I’m just treading water at the moment with the weight loss. Maybe i just need to be patient as my body works out what it wants to do next!

Day 16, Emden Germany, NFD

thank you all for your wonderful support, I was so shocked yesterday.

@northerndawn it’s in her record, the loco didn’t see it. My SIL is doing such a great job, she has a parttime job and is living with her husband and son with my MIL, she never left home. She already took care of my FIL, he also had dementia but was very kind and easy to handle. There’s a nurse livng in the house to take care of my MIL during the day, my SIL has to take care in the nighttime. She wants to do this as long as possible.

@bert1802 do you have a picture of the dress? When is your wedding, mine (the nieces) is at the 10th next month.

Waiting for the carpenter to arrive, he has to put in the new wooden balcony door, our friends will arrive at ~2:00 pm, they have to bring their dog to the dog boarding first. He loves being there, he’s in the group with the large dogs, cairn terrier with a huge ego.

There will be a lot of food and cooking the next days, so I’ll need a few FDs when they leave. Looking forward to 4 lovely days. Will post every day for accountability, I hope it will work.

Have a nice day all you lovely people, glad to have you around when things get harder!

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I am losing the run of myself. I was so tired yesterday, and a tad hungover if truth be told, that when I got home from work I tucked into a bag of cheese and onion crisps, then had wine with the fish supper DH cooked.

I can’t even try an FD today as my friend arrives back to work from her long holiday and wants to have a pub lunch with me to catch up. We are now working in the same team (for the first time) so the friend dynamic will be interesting at work. Undoubtedly she will bring goodies from abroad for the team but I can avoid them.

So, girding my loins, and promising myself a B2B from tomorrow even if DH is home. I have got to do this otherwise that holiday weight gain will remain.

@snowflake56 Oh my goodness, what a terrible news day you had yesterday. Sending you a big hug. I hope you have a lovely few days with your visitors.

@bert1802 is that Miracle rice made of konjac? If so, they really are the strangest thing initially but I find the rice great. I cook them with bouillon sometimes, or throw them in with a spicy curry. They are very filling and super on an FD. I am not too keen on pasta shapes, but the rice and noodles are good.

Have a good Tuesday everyone

Day 16 UK NFD

Managed another FD maybe this WOL is coming back to me after my wobble. Joining you @bert1802 with yipeee, it’s a great feeling!

@ciren2 – you can do it, hold on tight you’ve not fallen off yet you’re still here!

@snowflake56 – enjoy your days with your friend, sounds like you’ll make sure there will be lots of love and fun despite everything. All we can do is be there for them and take our lead from them.
    Love and best wishes to you all x

Day 16, Guildford UK, MFD

I went dancing last night. Ankle seems ok. I took it very very easy. I wore supportive boots not dance shoes.

Very very happy.

Yeah!

And I had a bath.

Double yeah……….

Little things to be grateful for.

Mari

Day 16 Norfolk (UK) FD

Just starting my first FD of the week.
    Got lots to do today so hopefully can stay busy and away from any food!

Pocket List:
    @claire-suzanne

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Definitely feeling the hunger and cold more on FDs now that autumn is here…. but black coffee, a Marmite tea and a camomile tea before bed saved the day……and ate masses of veggies. Weight holding steady so I need to continue with my Monday and Thursday FDs to maintain.

Have a good day everyone 🤗

Day 16 FD

Further FD today as heading for this weeks’ s weigh in on Thursday. Having major clearing out at home so that will hopefully keep me so busy as planning to fast till dinner. I’m finding that keeping to OMAD on fast day suits me best as once I start eating……. !

Good luck to everyone today!

Pocket List:
    @claire-suzanne
    @mia139

Day 16, London, UK, FD.

Quick check-in today as 4 new projects have landed on my desk and I suppose I should try to work on at least one of them!!!!

No time to catch-up on posts this morning. It should be a relatively simple FD; the Bone Broth with shredded chicken for lunch should satisfy me today and fruit and yoghurt if I need it tonight. Not best pleased with this batch of bone broth, not as gelatinous as usual and very very dark in colour ……………… I may have burnt the veggies a little before adding the water this time around(??).

Anyway, off to do what I get paid for!!!!

Stay strong everyone & try to keep busy, “idle hands” & all that!!!!

Day 16……Florida……NFD

Thank you for your feed back on the Mircle rice. I think I may try them as a base in some things.

@matpi…… It took me a minute or two, to be able to venture in food shops and the markets when on a FD. Oh and there are days I struggle more than I care to imagine but I still press on. Plus, It helps that I look at every calorie on the packaging and even though x,y, or z looks good, the calories would just kill my FD. That’s the way .i look at it!

@daffoldil………I’m not sure if it has Konic in it or not. I know it’s made from some type of plant but in all honest. The unopened package was kinda hard to read with it being a squishy and then when I opened the smell was over powering, so that made it difficult to. I’ll look on the box at the store maybe it will say?

@snowflake…..I don’t have a picture of the dress but it’s just a simple sweater dress, black and grey. I bought it at the second hand shop for like 5 bucks and it still had the tags on it. I’ll try to get a picture of it after I give it a good washing.
    Our wedding is on the 10th too…..but in NY. Any chance yours is too?

Man, the morning flies when your having fun!

My nurse friend asked me where she could find scrubs, I said probably hanging out on the passenger side of his best friends ride!

Day 16 Belfast CD
    Sitting here waiting for the plumber to come. Had I known he would be this late, I would have taken out the dog, done the shopping …. you get the drift.
    We got news last night that my OH’s cousin died on Sunday night. She had skin cancer. We saw her a few months ago and she seemed fine. It only reinforces the message that we have to look after ourselves.

Sorry to hear you’re not in a good place @Strawberriesandcream. Hope it all works out for you and see you when you’re ready.
    @fatfingers -hope you reach that elusive number.
    @bert1802 – how annoying about the jury service. Hope you get it sorted. I’ve never been called… touch wood! My experience of Spanx is not good. I always find they roll down and I end up with a worse bulge! Sorry, TMI!
    @moukinator – Down is down! Well done
    @ClaireSuzanne well done on the interviews. Fingers crossed . How great to feel wanted! Can you string out your reply to the agency until you get a response from the first job? At least then you’ll keep your options open.
    @mia123 💪well done!
    @snowflake56 – I’m so sorry to hear your friend’s news. You’ll have an important role in supporting her. What an eventful time you’ve had. You’re in my thoughts my friend.
    @Redrockgirl – ginger chews? I’m glad we don’t have those here! They be gone in a tic!
    @cornish-jane ‘bag lady? Lol. That probably makes two!
    @rainbowsmile YAY!
    Thank you for your puppy good wishes. She is fully better now. Part of the problem was that she wasn’t getting enough exercise after her operation and was like a bag of weasels! We’re back to proper walks now she’s healed so hopefully no more incidents.

Every day is an opportunity to start again and be better
    Misty Copeland principal ballerina

Day 16 – NFD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

came in under 70kg today, finally! Officially shifted all the holiday weight. Fiance is plateauing at 115kg. NFD today, but hoping to go to the gym as fiance is off on a business trip so I need to keep myself busy.

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Day 16 – Japan – NFD

I weighed myself today and I was 81.2kg. For not working out much for a month I’m pretty happy with that.

Day 16 – Michigan – FD

Was driving back home from Chicago yesterday, and felt the need to get chicken nuggets, so I pushed my FD to today. It actually feels good (this is mysterious) to be fasting today after my fall break vacation eating. I had such good food in Chicago. Holding a lot of water from eating carbs and sugar though, weighed in at 188 lbs this morning. Chalking a bit of that up to water retention, as this is my body’s tendency. Interested to see what the scale says after a few days back to normal eating.

Cheers!

Day 16 Minnesota, USA FD

Putting @cateaus and myself back on the Pocket List for Day 16:

@cateaus
    @northerndawn
    @claire-suzanne
    @mia139
    @flourbaby

Day 16, Surrey (UK), NFD

Well, friends, did I reach that magic 150lb number after yesterday’s FD? Did I heck. Still stuck at 150.6lb.

Patience, Grasshopper!

Hello! I’m in Boston, MA 48 years old- It’s Tuesday 16 Oct and NFD

This is only my second week- I fasted last Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and will do so again this week.
    I don’t know how much I weigh- it is very triggering for my to see/know a number. I go by how my clothing fits- sadly I’m heavier than I’ve ever been.
    Sausage size 12 (US) pants and my bra size has gone up to the biggest it’s ever been. Not being funny, but it’s very difficult and I hope my chest shrinks a lot first.

Really hoping, by following the MWF fast and keeping the 16/8 on the other days that I WILL see a difference. I’ve tried every diet in the world-and it doesn’t seem like living if I can never have a piece of fruit, or God forbid- a glass of wine or some chocolate! I teach spinning for an hour on two of the Fast days and try to get on the elliptical two other days.

The fast days are easy- I drink a lot of water and herbal tea and eat my 500 calories around 5 PM. The next day I’m not even really hungry so don’t usually eat until lunchtime around 1145 AM.
    Thanks for the support- this is my first time posting on a message board, too!

Day 16 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Will complete a 40+ hour fast from yesterday soon. Looking forward to some yummy food soon! I’ve been niggling away at the accumulated pounds from moving prep time in the summer when I was trying to use up food before I moved.
    @bert1802, I have found the Miracle brand of konjac items (as mentioned by @daffodil2010) at “regular” grocery stores as well such as Fred Meyers/Kroger, Walmart and more.

@rainbowsmile – ahh dancing & a bath! Life is at a better place!

@debster251 – Sorry about the family cousin’s passing of skin cancer. ((hugs))

@moukinator – hooray for coming in under 70kg!

@fatfingers – sounds like you and @moukinator are at a similar place. Love your humour! You’ll get there!

@chaphat – welcome to this 5:2 friendly, supportive, international forum! Sounds like you’ve got a plan of attack.

Glad we’re on this journey together!

As new to this, this is Day3 for me – NFD, UK.

Yesterday’s FD went well. Ate about 430 cals.

Today I’m not that hungry considering that I didn’t eat much yesterday.

Having a 3 cheese omelette for my evening meal.

Day 16: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Still running alongside the wagon. Sold my (hardly used) digital piano on Ebay yesterday. Got quite a good price. Arthritic hands meant I bought it two years ago but found I could no longer play….sadly…
    Until I got rid of our piano when we moved house 8 years ago I used to play regularly.
    Got through my delivery today WITHOUT being rained on!! That yellow thing in the sky showed itself briefly too!?

USA Day 16 FD

FD going well. Did personal training and walked 10 miles. Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 16 – USA – NFD

Hello, all! It’s been quite a bumpy ride for me this year, but I’m still hanging in there. As I said in my last post, did not read any posts since 9/24, but since I had the day off, I decided to spend a few hours reading all of October’s posts until today. Cannot find the September challenge on the site anymore, as I was planning to read from 9/24 to 9/30. I know I’ll forget some of you, but I made some notes as I read: @sparkly Shoes, my doctor’s office did not flinch at the loss of 25 lbs, but if I had gained 5 lbs, I’m sure they would have noticed, lol! @diana123, how is your MiL? @rainbowsmile, glad you’re a dancin machine again! And a clean one at that! @beedoo, @Sarabob, now I don’t feel so bad about feeling happy I moved away from toxic family members. Thought I was the only one! @redrockgirl302, yay for you reaching maintenance! @fatfingers, congrats at not letting Cruella steal your thunder; I’m sad to say, I sulked for a month over her pronouncement of a one-minute 10 lb. increase after repositioning the scale. @annemarilyn, thanks for asking about me on Day 9…my new job is rotating shifts; I was hired for one position, but have been switched to another; and now learn that I will go to another in a week or so.
    For each position, the training varied. My circadian rhythym is messed up for sure, and by the time I start the 3rd position, I may get a better pattern down; hence, no FDs but no weight gain or loss either. Everything will pan out soon. So what’s up with the term “my stomach shrunk”? Is that factual? @northerndawn, when I lived in the woods of TN, I took a concealed carry course and never felt safer knowing that I was ready to defend myself. If I travel where there is no reciprocity, I carry pepper spray and a credit card type fold out knife. Of course, I never plan to use it on human or animal, but if I need to to defend my life or the life of a loved one, bring it!

Day 17 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Hi all! Sorry I’ve been completely MIA. I also have 6 days worth of posts to catch up on.

So on Sunday I completed the half marathon!! 2h12 which I’m pretty pleased with, it was a very warm day (first warm one since winter) which made it tough.

Weight has jumped up a bit but that’s no doubt due to the extra NFD’s I’ve had in a row to properly carb load for the race. But back to it with a FD yesterday, and feeling pretty good.

Hope everyone is going well! I’m looking forward to catching up on all the posts!

Gretta x

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Eating normally today since I gave my every-8-week blood donation this morning. The phlebotomist said next time, in December, will make 10 gallons. I really think regular donations make my body stronger. (Some other donors do seem to agree with that.) The 10 gallons is just with this one blood bank. I know I likely gave 1-2 gallons before that with other donation sites.

@ciren2 – sorry you cannot play piano any more. That makes me sad for you. I always heard that piano playing helped stave off arthritis. Maybe not in every case?

Onward and downward.

USA Day 16 FD
    Second Post

Just checking in for accountability. Successful FD ending in 598 calories eaten. No wine till the weekend. Have a great evening/night everyone!

Day 16 Ohio, US — NFD

Just an ordinary NFD — did keep to the TDEE so I guess one could say that it was a successful NFD.

The dog is nudging my knee to go to bed, so have to comply.

Have a great day everyone!

Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Late check in. Have to catch up with posts later.

Day 17: Gloucestershire, UK: not sure day.
    I’ll try and have a CD today. Started off with a half sized bowl of porridge, because I find it hard to go without breakfast.
    Off to work shortly.
    See you all later.

Day 17 Cornwall UK, NFD

Our regular yoga teacher is back after she took a 3 month gap when her mum died. She looked shaky but determined so i have some admiration for her. I don’t think she wanted to carry on with anything.

Plants are now finding their way into the new greenhouse even though its not quite finished. Its like they are creeping in there of their own accord! Now i need to keep the bugs out.

We’ve got friends coming this weekend and i am planning food. Fortunately they like healthy eating – so that reduces the stress for me. I love bad food but just can’t resist it if its hanging round the house. I am a compulsive eater and wonder if i can ever change that or if its written in my DNA and coded into my sub-conscious?! Maybe i shouldn’t label myself in that way. But then accepting you have a problem can be the first step to healing yourself?

DAY 4 – NFD, UK.

Welcome @chaphat :). This is a very friendly and supportive board. Great people who take the time to save you in their pocket on FDs … this is a lovely thing.

Wow @annemarilyn 40 hr fast is impressive. Sending support.

It’s grey and rainy here; the weather never bothers me, no matter what the weather. Hope everyone has a great day and that nothing tempts them off plan.

Pocket List
    @annemarilyn
    @ccco

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Bring it on. I need this FD. Had a healthy turkey salad wrap with my friend at lunch yesterday, but did have a massive chilli beef meal with DH when I got home in the evening….PLUS wine. Argh.

DH is off sick with a foreign body embedded into his eardrum and nothing seems to be taking it out ( he has a,ready been to a&me of the Eye and Ear hospital who put him on drops, antibiotics, nasal sprays). They tried to extract it last week but he pain was too much. He is still unwell with pain and buzzing in his head. He may have to be operated on. He works as an aircraft engineer at the airport so noise is too much for him.

ANYWAY, it means he is at home cooking meals for us….with wine. So today I will tell him I am fasting. I have to otherwise these 7lbs will remain. I want to get back into 120+lb land again, not be stuck here on 133+

So hopefully when DH goes back to the Eye and Ear hospital tomorrow they can come up with a solution. It’s been over 4 weeks he has been suffering, since we went on holidays, maybe even before 😱 My poor man. I suffer tinnitus since I suddenly lost the hearing in my right ear in 2000 after a bout of flu, but I can live with it. He is about ready to throw himself out the window ….metaphorically speaking. And we have been so busy with visitors that we can’t really focus on getting him well.

Who is joining me today?
    Pocket list Day 17
    @daffodil2010

Day 17 London UK NFD

Back again after being awol. So many posts to catch up on…forgive me if I don’t manage it.

We had a lovely long weekend away visiting my in laws. Managed to stick with 16:8 which helped as there was lots of delicious food consumed. Thankfully mostly healthy hearty meals, except for one family gathering at a hotel which involved a lot of sweet treats (I can’t say no!), prosecco and a large Baileys coffee!

Have not been good at keeping up on here this month while I find my way in maintenance. Will try to get back into my old habit of reading and posting in bed at the end of the day.

Having reached goal weight back in August, I’m finding that getting the balance right in maintenance is an ongoing learning curve. At first I was still doing two 500 cal days and found that I was still losing weight, which of course makes sense. Over the past couple of weeks I’ve upped FD calories to approx 800 which has helped and I’m now maintaining at the lower end of my range without it feeling like hard work. Everyday is 16:8 which it seems for me has been the answer to maintaining… and also to not over eating! If I start eating too early in the day it all goes out the window! FDs now consist of a small lunch, usually soup, and then a cooked evening meal with husband. Not too dissimilar to NFDs, just bigger portions. I don’t have breakfast on any day. I try not to snack as I’m terrible at not knowing when to stop! There was chocolate in the house a couple of days ago and I had to eat it ALL in one sitting 🙄.

I found that the scales were being kinder to me than the way clothes were fitting but interestingly this also seems to be balancing out now. I love the way clothes fit me now although I’m still a little lost as to what my style is, having spent the last few years in maternity clothes and then mum uniform of jeans and floaty tops.

I have been slacking on the workout front so planning to get back to my workout dvds to get back into the swing of it before tackling Ripped in 30 in November!

The other reason for going quiet was that I again had a few comments about being “too skinny”. I was lucky that my excess weight dropped off very quickly when I started this WOE however I think perhaps it meant that people noticed a drastic change. I’m a healthy BMI, and I feel great. Has lovely compliments from husbands family at the weekend which I really value as they are all healthy, in eating and exercise, and a couple of them are regular marathon runners. Just need to learn not to take the too skinny comments to heart. It never ceases to amaze me how people would never say to someone that they’ve put on too much weight or are too fat but yet think it acceptable to comment negatively on weight loss. I never once received such comments when I was chubby or overweight! I’m feeling much better about it now but as someone who has struggled with body image most of their adult life, it takes a few days to put it out of my mind and a lot of will power to not self sabotage as a result.

Anyway, thank goodness for this forum and for lovely friends. Out with a girlfriend for supper and wine tonight so it’s definitely a NFD!

Have a good day/night all xx

Day 17, London, UK, FD,

Yesterdays’ FD was more of a CD considering there were cashew nuts, even a handful changes a FD into a CD ……………………….. and there were a couple ………………. Ok a few handfuls!!! I’m still going Sober for October though, so giving myself a small pat on the back!!!

@metatauta, good to see you’re back with us, sometimes you just need a break away to properly reset, I hope this new role doesn’t involve any crazy lifting!!??

@gretta, I love that you were “properly carb loading for the race”; I do it often, but without the race bit at the end, LOL!!!!!

@daffodil2010, as lovely as his efforts are, he will understand & support your need to fast …………………… all the more vino for him after-all!!!!

Have we lost @at again? I hope the flooding in your area wasn’t too bad ………………………… it’s pretty bleak down South!!!

Onward & Downwards folks!!!

Day 17 UK FD

Feeling very motivated this week so planning 3rd B2B FD. Sticking with my OMAD which will work out well as going to get hair cut and colour at lunchtime so no temptation there.
    Congratulations to @beedoo for successfully maintaining. Ignore the comments and enjoy! I got there last year and spectacularly fell off the wagon and gained almost a stone back. So now it’s back to the 5:2, and the forum with all these amazing supportive people. I know I will succeed again and this time be so aware of how easy it is to go back.
    My daughter in Australia had a baby earlier this year. He was born early and needed life saving surgery immediately following his birth. He was in hospital for 5 weeks and still has follow up. Thankfully due to the skill of the surgeons and the care he received, he is doing great! I was there while all this was going on and I know that’s when I lost the way and gained weight back.
    Just wanted to share this with you and also trying not to be too hard on myself.

Good luck to everyone today.

Day 17 Belfast NFD

The silver lining to family funerals is that OS is home and working from the branch here to enable him to go with us.

@fatfingers – ‘Patience, grasshopper’ brought those memories flooding back!
    @Chaphap – welcome. This WOL does work and there are many here who are a testament to that. Good luck with your journey
    @ciren2 – selling the piano must have been a wrench.
    @metatauta – good o see you back.
    @gretta well done on completing that half marathon
    Your poor OH @Daffodl2010! I hope he manages to get it sorted soon. Tinnitus can’t be much fun either.

Remember:
    Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose”

Have a good day everyone.

Second post
    @beedoo – it’s hard to ditch those baggy clothes but I’m sure your style will evolve. Never mind those ‘skinny’ comments. You know yourself what is right. Keep up the good work!
    @flourbaby – it makes a change for the south to be washed out! Well done on keeping the booze at bay!
    @mia – a great story about your grandson. In the big picture, a few pounds is neither here nor there.

Keep on keeping on!

Day 17 UK FD

Ate too much yesterday, my portions are just too big, have to break out the calorie counter to reset my eyes and brain.

@debster251 – sorry to read of your loss but moments like that are a reminder life is precious. I must embrace every moment and not dwell on what I can’t fix.

@metatauta – welcome back, no movement up or down, hats off to you managing that through your constant job re shuffles, hope life settles into a healthy rhythm soon.

@gretta – congrats on your half marathon.

@beedoo – enjoy finding your style now your body has caught up with the scales!

@chaphat – welcome

@mia139 – glad you were there for your daughter and g’son, next visit will be pure joy!

Several have declared but no pocket list started, rounding up for support, sorry in advance if I missed anyone!

Good luck

Day 17 Pocket Fasting
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139
    @flourbaby
    @dingping

Day 17 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@beedoo when my weight loss became visible some people who had known me as a larger lady kept enquiring about my health in a way that made me wonder if I was looking awful…..however newer acquaintances who have only known me at my current size have made lovely complimentary comments about my ‘slim’ shape. Perhaps it was concern by some that I might be loosing weight because I was ill…….but I suspect a few were uncomfortable with my loss because they would like to shed some pounds themselves…..dare I say jealousy???

@daffodil2010 your poor DH! Hope he gets that thing out of his ear soon – no wonder he wants wine 😱

Keep on keeping on everyone 😉

Day 17, UK, FD

Checking in for accountability 🙂

@daffodil2010 I hope your poor DH gets his ear problem sorted out, good luck 🍀

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @shinything

Day 17 – Michigan – NFD

I’ve had the same reaction from friends a few years ago when I lost a bit of weight, @missybear!

Regular eating for me today.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

2nd Post

I had comments too @beedoo & @missybear about how I looked in so much as a neighbour asked if I’d lost weight. I looked proud and replied ‘yes but I still need to lose about another 25lbs’. She replied, no you don’t or you’ll look too skinny.

Hasten to add to get to a healthy bmi and height waist ratio I do.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,059 total)

You must be logged in to reply.