October 2017 31 day challenge.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2017 31 day challenge.

This topic contains 1,500 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  Mia139 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,507 total)

• Day 3 Belfast CD

I’m going to try ADF this week instead of the usual Monday and Thursday.

Daffodil2010 – hope you enjoyed every mouthful.👍
    @rainbowsmile I’m interested by the fact you no are no longer on Thyroxine. Did you do this in conjunction with your doctor or just by yourself? I have an underactive thyroid and like you, am trying to get off all meds.

Welcome Rhody87. This is a great place for some advice, support, a laugh, a moan and best of all NO JUDGMENT. Good luck on your journey.

Off to Pilates this morning. Will save my plank till after!

Keep slaying those dragons!🐉 💪

Day 3 UK NFD

Yesterday was my first ever water fast. I needed to be active in the evening and so wanted my stomach empty. I feel great! I am rewarded by dropping under eleven stone and 70kg and now have a BMI of 23. I know it will bounce back up but it feels wonderful. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels! I may do this twice a week as I am taking language courses at the University on Mondays and Wednesdays and need to walk to and from the train station. I haven’t walked so far for years (it is three miles each way and involves a big hill) and my hips and back hurt a lot, but that is as much from the sitting as the walking. I have ordered a thinner cocyxx cushion to take with me so the sitting is easier. Despite the pain I feel great, although working today may be a challenge, as may be doing the walking again on Weds night. Good for me though. I have had a lot of practice ignoring pain as I have fibromyalgia, using music as a distraction to focus my attention away from the pain, although only working/exercising on an empty stomach alleviates the fibromyalgia pain. I simply cannot digest food and be active at the same time. I must get going and let the rabbits out. I had to shut them in early yesterday to get to the train on time. They will all be thumping at me!

Day 3 Wales NFD

Have a good day everyone.

Day 3, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

Starting my usual B2B2B for this week, for me, it makes sense to fast at work.

@bigviking…………. Are you still under the influence??? Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is October, so there’s no wagon to fall off of, unless…………………………. You’ve gone over to the dark side, the DRY side, the mad side – AGAIN????!!!!!!! Personally I polished off a bottle of shiraz I had been dreaming about during September, over the last 2 NFDs – Fantastic!!!!

@lilymartin, I too have never met a carb I didn’t love!!! I believe there’s nothing wrong with them and they have a place in a balanced diet……………… however, ‘balance’ is where the problem lies for me, I just find it so difficult to eat the correct portion of carbs and be satisfied, so until I have that control, they’re limited, in theory, to certain (low GI) types only 2-3 times per week. Of course I still fall off of that particular wagon and have cake, biscuits, chocolate, pastries, etc. etc. etc!!!!

@debster251, if only those wine gums were £5 a bag, I would be sorted!!!! Good luck with the sugar dragon slaying!!!!

@big_bill & @califdreamer, these may be of interest, any excuse for a big feed!!!!! Sometimes a carb-heavy meal kickstarts my engine!!! Particularly when combined with drowning my dragon in 3L water a day!!

http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

http://fatburningman.com/4-simple-strategies-to-burn-fat-after-a-binge/

@fatrabbit, I managed to get the following for my coccyx problem and after 1 week it’s made such a difference, I can actually stand from seated without pain or rolling forward then arching upwards (never pretty!!)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Naipo-Orthopedic-Sciatica-Wheelchair-Hemorrhoid/dp/B01GFD275Q/ref=sr_1_28_a_it?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1505814410&sr=8-28&keywords=coccyx+cushion&refinements=p_76%3A419159031

Stay strong everyone, we’ve GOT this!!

Day 3, Newcastle UK, FD

These tragedies are happening far too regularly – once was too much. My thoughts and prayers for all affected in the latest atrocity in Las Vegas. In fact prayers for the world – we’re all affected to some degree.

2nd of 7×800 cal FDs achieved yesterday. Weight this morning 136.7lbs. That is an astonishing 4.7lbs eradicated in 2 days. The last 2 days I have done 23:1 but used about 150 calories for milk in tea and coffee throughout the day. That has helped me get through the days pretty easily. When I have felt hunger, I’ve reminded myself that this is GOOD! This is when my body is utilising its fat reserves. As one of our members in July or August said “Hunger is fat crying. Let it weep!!”

@onahealthyhigh – great advice for newbies – advice I shall take myself from next Sunday. 2 FDs per week and stay between BMR and TDEE on NFDs. Will stick to 23:1 on FDs and 16:8 on NFDs.

@flourbaby – glad we’re on the same wavelength and can give ourselves and others support when it comes to the ‘booze dragon’ 🙂
    @louis05 – you are indeed!
    @awilson – 70 is the new 50 don’t you know!
    @rainbowsmile – reading your post tells me that you have already found your strength. Congratulations and very best wishes for a wonderful future – onwards and upwards (and downwards where fasting is concerned) xx
    Great to see so many new challengers. Here is a link to an interesting article that gets shared most months – all about the Whoosh effect. It’s worth a read.
    http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/
    Maybe the answer to your recent experiences @big_bill and @califdreamer.
    Go @fatrabbit!

RIP Tom Petty – sad loss, too young. Your wonderful music will ensure you live on in our hearts and minds.

Very best wishes to you all – together we are stronger.

Day 3 – Reykjavik – NFD

It didn´t take long to prove the wisdom from @coda right. Only two days in October and my weekend add-on weight is gone (0.9 kg) and then some. I have to practice more patience dealing with the scale. I´ve toughened the plateau out and got the scale moving again, that is in the right direction! 🙂

@debster251 thanks for the support. The reason I joined my wife in a dry October was to be able to control my weekends better and try to stop gaining 1-2 kg each weekend. However this is so much more difficult spiritually for me to encounter than fasting.

I´m extremely shocked and saddened over these Las Vegas massacres. May God´s love and mercy comfort and help those who are fighting for their lives or suffering after the incident and the families and friends who have lost a loved one.

“My heaven will be a big heaven and I will walk through the front door” Peter Gabriel

Day 3, South Wales, FD

Yesterday’s FD turned into a NFD after an unexpected evening out with friends. So back on the wagon today.

@flourbaby and @Strawberriesandcream – thanks for sharing the http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/ link. Very interesting – I hadn’t seen this before.

Day 3 UK FD
    2nd of B2B

Yesterday’s FD went well. Fasted till 6pm from similar time Sunday so around 23-24 hour fast. Same again today.

Day 3, Belfast

Many thanks @saffy420 for hosting October’s challenge – please add me to the spreadsheet.

I really appreciate all the kind words from so many of you last week with regards to my dad passing away. It means a lot.

Hope you are all well…I’m not sure if I have the will power for FDs at the moment but still want to check in. I’ll get in to the groove again soon, I hope xx

@saffy420 – I saw I’m already on the spreadsheet. Thanks!! I’ll just add my vital stats 😉

2nd post-3 day-uk-NFD

Thanks for all the support sent my way from @strawberriesandcream,lilymartin,lots of 💖Back to you awilson. I was sorry to hear of your dads passing to Belfastsink.

My little girl slept through so I’m like a new woman, just been for a 30min run whilst she at play group (my time) v slow but feeling good and positive. Have a good day x

Hi Saffy, can you please add me to the spreadsheet too? Thanks!

Update – I’ve decided I’m a flexitarian. I’m really eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, not too high on starches but I’m not going to eat myself into ketosis and I’ll eat some meat/dairy when I feel like it.

My Cholesterol is under control, below is from my recent lab work.
    Cholesterol Fasting: 148 mg/dL
    Triglyceride Fasting: 87 mg/dL
    High Density Lipoprotein Fast: 60 mg/dL
    Cholesterol LDL Fasting Calc: 71 mg/dL
    Cholesterol/HDL Ratio Fasting: 2.47
    Non-HDL Fasting Calc: 88 mg/dL

Those values are actually better than average for vegans living in western countries. http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/dxmarkers#cholesterol+western

My conclusion is eating cheese, eggs and some meat isn’t really hurting my blood cholesterol. I was also eating too many nuts and peanuts, why too many by most standards, like 4 or 5 times as much as you are supposed to eat. I’ve cut back some, last week I had 2000 fewer calories just from reducing my peanut consumption. (I wasn’t kidding about way overeating on them.) Right now I’m not sure it if is a good or bad thing. I’m also cutting back on peanut butter some, dark chocolate by about 50%, but that was small to begin with. However I’ll see how my body responds over the next few weeks.

Fasting is powerful.

@fatrabbit – Welcome to the dark side! (Water Fasters) 😀
    Personally I prefer zero calorie fasts. There is a wall of fear around it for most! Anyway I’m totally impressed with how much weight you lost in such a short time. I hope water fasting helps you more.

Hello all, a little late joining in for October, but I feel I need the mindfulness that checking in brings, even if I don’t manage to keep up with all of the posts.

Day 1/2/3, Northumberland UK, NFD

So started the month with Sunday pub lunch, but still think came in under TDEE despite some snacking. Yesterday was a different story, healthy meals but feeling a bit run down and turned to chocolate and biscuits, leading to an extra 1000 empty calories. I think I may actually need to go through artificial sweetener withdrawal as ate ridiculous amounts of sugar free gum in September. I think I will aim to avoid it for October, and other sweets, but I won’t be giving up the chocolate completely. I’ll also aim to get back to daily planks.
    For maintenance I don’t need the lo-cal fasts, and with full fat yoghurt etc in the house now, are difficult. What I think I need for my wellbeing are the fasting periods, so I am aiming at 16:8, around TDEE, with the intention of at least one day per week with a shorter eating window.

Start weight for October 72.7 kg, down to 72.1 yesterday and this morning. For curiosities sake I must do other measures soon. I don’t think the tape is down, but some jeans are borderline too big and baggy.

Day 3 – UAE – FD (5th day 7 days b2b)
    Day 2 – UAE – FD (4th day 7 days b2b)
    Day 1 – UAE – FD (3rd day 7 days b2b)

Greetings everyone, I hope that you are all doing well.

I have been busy lately and did not post a a while, but I have been fasting. I am now on a 7 day fast and just 2 days to go.

Day 3……Florida…..NFD

So…… yesterday was suppose to be an FD, but it didn’t turn out that way….. today is an unexpected day off and an unexpected day with the hubby….. Yeah, for these days! So another NFD for me. I think I’m going have to do a b2b2b, W, T and Fri. to get back to good!

@inittothinit……Welcome back! I love it when old friends reappear!

@bethwhite…..Another Floridian! Im about 35 min., north of Tampa! Welcome!

@jessyoursize…. sorry to hear about your power issues. Glad you made it back. I know when our power was out, my eating fell well all over the place, ate things I normally wouldn’t have but a quick reset and I’m back to where I was…you can do it to!

@flourbaby…. you made me laugh with madness I tell you comment….. now it’s driving me mad as to what movie I heard that in……

@daffodil……..I give up many a FD, to have a great date day with the hubby. No worries, reset today. It very important to keep your marriage strong and growing. That why this WOL is so great…. you don’t have to disappoint your loves because your on a diet….. you can have your life and this WOE without regret….. kinda like having your cake and eating it too……

A special welcome to all the newbies!

@rainbow…..I’m blown away by your strength and courage!

I’m truly sad about all the cord in the world from the political controversy in Puerto Rico, to a mad man in Vegas. What the hell, people are bringing unnecessary war right to our front doors. I don’t get it, we all breathe the same air and we all bleed red. My thoughts and prayers to every individual who must suffer because of one person idiocies. May God or your spiritual being clear the path to a peaceful future!

Then Tom Petty, to top it all off!

Okay, the house has been cleared…..2 kids at work and hubby of to Mass which means I can get my morning chores done in solitude. Oh yeah, I got to water the garden too! I watch a scary movie with the kids last night, so watering went to the way side!

I see a little stiletto of a man, he’s on the loose, he’s on the loose carry a can of fandango!

HI everyone. I’ve just joined!! I’m in for the October challenge. Have done this before alone to great success then my wedding and honeymoon knocked me off the wagon.Have about 16lbs to lose. Fasting today and Thursday.

Day 3 – USA – NFD

Day 1 Dublin,Ireland FD. So now I’m on the spreadsheet and have read all the instructions. So glad to be part of a team. Good luck to everyone!

Day 3 – Perth, Western Australia – NFD
    Under 500cal yesterday yet my weight increases. Oh the joy. Had a very annoying day today but still under 1200 cal. Unfortunately half were alcohol and most of the rest were fish fingers so…

Day 3 – USA (Illinois) – FD

Made it through our Choral Society social last night with minimal problems. Wow, we have some great cooks, even making just finger foods. It is a very friendly group, and the social proves it.

Today is my 1 FD per week on my 6:1 maintenance schedule. Seems to be working for me as it has been 10 months keeping at 160#.

Joys this morning reading posts and cheerful regards.
    @flourbaby – you make me laugh. So you’ve never met a carb you didn’t like? Ha ha!
    @rhody87 – welcome to our little forum! We use the date of the month as our posting day. You will find this bunch wonderfully supportive.
    @bert1802 – again, your final tribute makes me smile. “Bohemian Rhapsody” has always been a fave of mine!

Onward and downward!

Day 3 Lancaster, PA FD
    DAY 2 NFD
    Day 1 NFD

✨So happy to see all the new people and the regular troopers eradicating fat, here on board! ✨
    @fatrabbit ✨Very Glad to hear from you✨ I can tell you are so busy, and doing great!✨ I understanding how, “only working/exercising on an empty stomach alleviates the fibromyalgia pain.” Good for you for able to energize and rejuvenate yourself in-spite of the pain. When my head is in the right place I am motivated for my digestive system to neutralize and eradicate Lyme disease, that I’ve had since my 30’s. ✨I also love what @fatrabbit say’s, “Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.” ✨
    My teeth, gums and jaw aren’t as sore so I’ve been eating salads, arugula lettuce and kale. I have been somewhat bad also eating soft foods like peanut butter and chocolate. 😝 I’ve been having a hard time sleeping, chocolate and peanut butter help me sleep. I will put a stop to that though, tonight I will have my unsweetened low fat coconut milk with turmeric, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla Stevia to help me calm enough to go to sleep.😴

So sorry for the 59 people killed and 500 wounded by the shooter in Las Vegas. 😪Horrendous. 🙏🙏🙏🙏 Praying and White Healing Light to all the children and families.✨🙏✨
    I am so sorry to hear about Tom Petty, he’s been a favorite of mine and my friends for many years. Sending him and his family white light and love.✨

I will be able to read more on everybody’s posts later today.

@at You are so awesome to keep an eye on me. I’ve had to make a decision. Make the appts to have the surgery and implants done on my jaw and teeth, even if my Dad might need me. This is my dilemma @at Well really, I’m still putting it off. He can’t tell me if he will need me ahead of time. It could be a month of recovery for my teeth. We have a vacation scheduled with him in November. We still don’t know if he will be stable and able to go, I might have to wait till after November to have the dental work done as we are planning to stay here through December and January, unless he needs me to take him to the doctor’s. If I ask him he will just tell me to go to the doctors. Each time though I worry that it will be the last time. I would deeply regret being unable to be there if he needs me, if it is the last time.

Well, Let’s make it a great FD all Pocket Fasters!
    And good NFD’s as well!

✨✨Wishing Everybody Well✨🎶✨

Day 3, NFD, Canada

Yesterday’s FD went off easily well under 400cal. Woke up hungry this morning, but will wait till noonish to break my fast.

@coda and @bert – thanks for the welcome back! I always look forward to reading your witty posts.

@Jessyyoursize – I’ve downloaded the plank chart and started yesterday. Thankyou -It is very useful.

@Bethwhite – welcome and good luck. We are the same age/height. I’ll be turning 60 this month (gosh did I say that out loud?) I was always slim and active til I reached menopause – then what happened!!! Your life on a boat sounds very exotic to me – how fun.

Day 3 Akron OH NFD. Today is my baby’s 13th birthday!!!it’s official, I am the proud mother of teenage girls, challenging but fulfilling.
    I am with @flourbaby, I never met a refined carb I did not like, definitely a love-hate relationship there, but ADF has made it possible to enjoy my treats guilt free for the first time in about 20 years.
    @fatrabbit, you should change your moniker to skinnyrabbit seriously, what an inspiration to the rest of us.
    So much sadness and tragedy in the world. It feels impossible to keep up with all the negativity. But in the midst of all this darkness, there are pockets of light and hope; as I watch strangers lend a helping hand, making sacrifices to benefit people they do not know ,I am encouraged and strengthened. It may get worse ( who knows), but as long as some of us (hopefully most of us) are willing to share kindness, joy, peace and support to the people around us, the Family of Man will only grow stronger.
    My best to you all.

Day 3, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Aiming for another FD. Yesterday morphed into a NFD. A pound added.
    I have troubles with snacking lately. Healthy snacks such as nuts, apples, air-popped popcorn but still too much. No portion control. I cannot stop once I start. It is in the house because my DH eats them as well. I have to think about strategies how to slay the snack dragon🐉. I am drinking enough (2 to 3 liters, coffee, tea and water). So something to work on.

Off to a hike, freezing right now, sun will be out later.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!😊🍃😊🍂😊

Day 3, norway, NFD

Didn`t get to buy those scales yesterday, was chained to my PC to finish all the formalities before submission. Had lots and lots of tea, and fasting went great! This morning I even hit the gym before work, so a good start on the challenge indeed.

@mari84, good to see there are more norwegians on this forum! My thesis is about parasites and how they get around in water, food and animals. I love it! How about you?

@at, you are completely right, I must try to look at this as a WOL and not a diet. I feel like I am on a diet now, hopefully the transition state to a WOL will start after some time. I guess it takes time to get used to it?

@penz, thanks for complimenting my name! It was the first thing that fell into my head when I thought of joining a forum of fellow fasters 🙂

Have a great day, FD or NFD!

Day 3 Canada NFD

Good FD yesterday.
    It’s a glorious day outside so I am off to enjoy a hike!
    No sweets + yoga + meditation

Day 3 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    I’m running into Portland today for a photography class. We meet on Tuesdays, Spring, Fall and Winter. I and several others take this class over and over again because we love the instructor. A Dutch transplant in his 80 and a mega talent.

@jarbia – I would love to hold your hand to achieve our goal. I’m at 145 too, 10 lbs sounds like a lot but we can do this together. I used to run but I have a bad knee so I walk now. I miss the endorphin high from running. I try to walk about 3miles every other day but I struggle with consistency.
    @fatrabbit – I have trouble walking hills too. I’ve been told to hold my stomach muscles tight and walk straight upright, not leaning into the hill and I have found it helps with my back a lot. I hope it might help you too.
    @Strawberriesandcream – 50 indeed 😀 I still feel like a kid and don’t always recognize myself in the mirror.

hello day 3 from Co Down NI NFD and SF – so far a controlled one. Said no thanks when a colleague offered me some fruit pastilles. Wondered after if I should say yes and have a little stash for the end of the month but think that may be too much temptation if I would have a bad day.

Had a low gi roll from Lidl filled with ham and cheese for lunch with a pear for afters so on the right track for a good nfd.

Yesterdays fast went well to a point – 2 coffees and water until dinner time and while the spaghetti bolognese was packed with vegetables I indulged in the garlic bread. I then had some fruit. So all in all it wasn’t terribly bad but could do better.

@rhody87 and @onedayordayone – welcome I hope you enjoy our October challenge and you feel at the end it was worth it.

Welcome back @imrenfrey – a few old friends have come back to the fold this month.

Day 3 – 🇬🇧- FD

So on track for b2b- only temptation to resist is a glass of 🍷 whilst watching Doctor Foster, wish me luck but in the words of Tom Petty – I won’t back down!!!!

Day 3 – SW WA USA – NFD

Going for a controlled NFD after about a 350 cal liquid fast yesterday. Sticking with the no sugar for the month of October. How are the other no sugar folks doing?

@big_bill – that was a great family hike you did! Have you checked if your footwear could be the problem? I sustained an injury due to poor footwear & it’s taken a long time to heal. Proper supporting footwear and chiropractic have helped me to a much better place.

@fatrabbit – what language are you tackling?

@flourbaby – thanks for the links. Will check them out later.

Day 3 | Ireland 🇮🇪 | CD
    Planning on under 1000 calories for the day – so far so good

I’m in. Looking to lose 2kg in October. Weighed in this morning at 81.5 kg. Other targets: running 5k 3 times a week; 10k run by the end of Oct; football 1 per week; introduce press ups into daily routine (aiming to reach 200 by end of month).

Day 1 UK NFD
    Day 2 FD
    Day 3 FD

read this and it resounded with me
    You can either make excuses or get results, but you can’t do both.
    Tough talking – maybe what I need to keep my focus.

Day 3 California NFD

@flourbaby – Thank you for those links you posted, especially http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/ That makes so much sense and the last couple of weeks have certainly borne that out. I did some crazy eating over the weekend but my FD yesterday brought me back down to 60.5, a loss of .7 overnight. I think one other thing that may help in getting that water weight to budge is to eat low carb on a FD. Yesterday I ate salmon, broccoli, a big apple and creamer in 2 cups of coffee, totaling about 470 calories. I’m not a fan of low carb dieting but a low carb day once in a while seems to move the scale.

60.5 kg today. My goal is 59 but I’d like to get to 58 so I have a little wiggle room. The last kg’s always seem to be the hardest to lose!

Lots more posts to read here. We’re getting to be a big group! I’ll read and comment more later. Have a great day everyone!

Day 3, Gozo, Malta, fd

Fasting around 700 calories

Good night everyone, onwards and downwards

Read this today made me smile. Anyone who knows my home city would smile too.
    Not diet related but funny.

The Geordie Temperature Scale:

10 degrees – Southerners turn on the heating – Geordies plant gardens.

4 degrees – Southerners shiver uncontrollably – Geordies sunbathe.

1 degrees – Southern cars will not start – Geordies drive with the windows down.

-6 degrees – Southerners wear coats, gloves and wool hats – Geordies throw on a T-shirt (girls start wearing mini-skirts instead of bikinis).

-10 degrees – Southern landlords turn up the heating – Geordies have the last BBQ before it gets cold.

-17 degrees – Southerners begin to evacuate – Geordies go swimming in the North Sea.

-25 – Southerners cease to exist – Geordies throw on a lightweight jacket.

-60 degrees – Polar bears wonder if it’s worth it – Geordie boy scouts start wearing long trousers.

-75 degrees – Santa Claus abandons the North Pole – Geordies put on their long johns.

-113 degrees – alcohol freezes – Geordies get frustrated because the pubs are shut.

-182 degrees – Microbial life starts to disappear – The cows on Newcastle Town Moor complain of farmers with cold hands

-273 degrees – All atomic motion stops – Geordies start to stamp their feet and blow on their hands.

-295 degrees – Hell freezes over – Sunderland qualify for Europe!

😂😂😂

Day 3, Emden Germany, NFD

@rainbowsmile I think you are very strong, it’s amazing how you can go on with so much pressure upon you.

@steve toon taxi driver that was funny! Perhaps we’re househunting in the wrong country/town, we could consider to move to Newcastle where people seem to have a great sense of humor!

@bethwhite2909 @coda was right, my name is Elisabeth and I’m from the Netherlands.

@jessyoursize did I get that right, you had 2 heart attacks?

Did well today, stayed under TDEE, did my 5 min planks this morning, the second 5 min planks before going to bed, played the piano for 45 min, so a good day today.

Day 3 (already?!), US, CFD

Thanks for checking in AnneMarilyn; so far I’ve not been tempted by a sweet tooth. I find it much easier to resist eating any sugar, than to restrict myself to, say, only one mouthful. Same same with FDs – I find it much easier not to eat at all (apart from my mandatory coffees) than to limit my eating to 500 calories.

This is my second FD in a row – something I’ve not tried before. I kind of deliberately “forgot” to take my lunch into work. I am planning a light dinner, so it’s probably going to count more as a CFD than a B2B2B FD. But I’m good with that.

And Fatrabbit, you know I mentally call you Fabrabbit! You’re an inspiration.

Norway, Day 3, NFD

Good FD yesterday.
    Not a good NFD today, but not too out of control day (OOCD) either. Or maybe a little.

@afridgetoofar sounds interesting! I studied metallurgy, or in other words high temperature chemistry 🙂

Watching Ally McBeal, nostalgic 🙂

Day 3 London NFD

Day 3 West Midlands, UK

Today has been a FD, and my most successful one so far coming in at under 600 cals, thanks to a last minute change of dinner (bread and soup rather than chilli – my evening meal is dictated by my diabetic (type 1) hubby, so while aiming for 500 cals, under 700 will be a success for me).

Got to the gym and ran 2.45mi according to my Garmin. Someone mentioned about HR on FD, I naturally have quite a low resting heart rate (55bpm on a weekly av), today’s was 48bpm, so I will be interested to see if it is lower on FD in the main, or that is just part of my natural variation.

Tomorrow’s breakfast, lunch and snacks are all prepared as I have a 6:30am start, and my brain doesn’t function well at that time of day. Just need to sort out my clothes too, then I am good for a slump in front of the telly for a little.

I loved the articles shared, especially the whoosh effect one, that feels true.

I will get better at referencing people, honest, but I need to find a piece of paper to do that, because some of you are very chatty :-D.

have a great day everyone

Day 3, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Hello all – almost through my second fasting day. About two or three more hours before I break the fast with a 500 calorie dinner. Feeling fine, drinking hot lemon water – got in lots of exercise and more to come.

Finally got some rain which we desperately needed, after it passes through (hopefully several days worth), I will put out my Fall décor !

Wishing all well (and craving a nice big garden salad with pomegranate vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.) Sounds like dinner to me ! Have some huge, beautiful nectarines that I got at Aldi’s so I shall cube one up and add to my salad.

Day 3 – NFD – Florida

Yesterdays FD went okay for my first FD in a long time. Ended up around 850 calories.
    Broke fast today at 2:00 pm and day is going well so far.

I love reading all of the posts – very encouraging. I’m so excited to be on this journey.

How do I easily get to spreadsheet from here?

THanks

Day 4/16:8 CD/Melbourne Australia

Woke up feeling delightfully fresh and lighter. Always a lovely feeling after successful fast days and control days.

@dykask interesting comments on liquid only fasts. My reasons for rarely doing them are two fold. One, I really like eating and take pleasure in preparing an interesting, tasty and healthy meal on fast days. I find it very relaxing. Two, I feel healthier and I believe my gut does too if I eat. If I skip food my regularity suffers for days no matter what I eat and that certainly impacts my sense of wellbeing and desire to fast. I have no trouble not eating, i’m just more successful if I do.

@songbirdme I can really relate to your grand daughters comments. My grandson sat on my knee and asked why I have such soft skin under my chin. He then looked at my hands exploring what it means to age!
    I adore his natural curiosity even thoughit was at my personal expense.

I’ve switched from describing my diet as low carb Mediterranean to lower carb. I enjoy bread, pasta, potatoes and rice too much to give them up. I’m lucky because I don’t have a sweet tooth thanks to my mother who rarely had sweets of any kind at home. Now salty foods…. that’s another story.

I’m off to visit an avenue of cherry trees in bloom. Delightful spring day here. Wishing everyone a peaceful and relaxing day.

“@bethwhite2909 @coda was right, my name is Elisabeth and I’m from the Netherlands.”

I have always wanted to visit the Netherlands. Still have family there from what I understand. My maiden name was Mellema – have you ever met any?

Have a great day!!

2nd post
    @bethwhite2909

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oHFqnmdzVCzauz5eJOzqQfuHywXgRwErhMyTS3MSHog

@cipher1971 we are a chatty bunch. I’ve been here for months and still can’t keep up. I must remember to keep a pencil and paper nearby … I’ve been reminding myself for months!

Day 4 CD Gold Coast, AUS
    Yesterday was a good fast day, liquids only. I had a few cups of tea/coffee with low fat milk, less than 200 calories in total, and lots of water. I got really tired as I was on my feet for over 6 hours at work, so quite achey when I got home. I rested and did a full body scan, and then was fine for the rest of the evening. I slept really well and woke up feeling really good. I love going to bed not feeling full or worse, bloated. I seem to sleep so much better. And the scales are showing I’m down 700g too.

Day 3 Sicily NFD This ended up being a pretty controlled day when I came in at 832 calories. It would have been better than that but we went for tea and cornetti (filled with Ricotta.) We did buy fresh fish at the Mercato and had that for supper with zucchini and a tiny dish of pasta to start. No bread- that’s probably the hardest thing to resist here 🥖. Welcome again to all newcomers!

@onahealthyhigh – indeed, our grandchildren’s curiosity at our expense! Ha ha! I also keep a pen and notepad handy to respond to ones I want to comment on. Is it forgetfulness at my age that I need to write things down? Well, maybe, but more likely what a chatty bunch we are!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,507 total)

You must be logged in to reply.