October 2017 31 day challenge.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2017 31 day challenge.

This topic contains 1,500 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  Mia139 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,507 total)

• Day 3–ABQ–Today is a make-up FD for yesterday’s intended but not followed FD. Aiming for <800.

2nd post:

@mogaman, what kind of meat or seafood is part of the Mediterranean diet? All the fish the web sites recommend seems to be from the northern seas.

Ally McBeal? Where? I am in US. So long ago. Fun times.

@mari84 Ally McBeal? Where? I am in US. So long ago. Fun times.

Day 4 – Japan – NFD 81.4kg

@onahealthyhigh – We all have to figure out what works for our own bodies. There are a lot of differences between people. Currently my primary goal is burning fat and building muscle. I’m not really concerned about weight, just the health. At first I did have a difficult time working out while fasted and I had a hard time sleeping on the 2nd night of a fast. Over time my body adjusted. I’m now pretty much the opposite of you, the discomfort of not eating on a fast is much less than what I get if I just try to severely restrict my eating. I realize that many people aren’t like that.

I used have much more typical blood cholesterol numbers for an obese American. Diet helped a little, exercise helped more but fasting helped much more than either of those. The has been a good benefit.

Day 4 country West Australia NFD
    pleased with my control yesterday. Went to Albany ( lovely coastal town/ small city) for the day.
    Several nice restaurants but chose wisely and had salad for lunch ( admittedly DH’s choice – he is SO healthy!) and fish for dinner with 2 small slices of chilli/squid/olive/caper pizza. It was delicious.
    Usually I would have finished off the pizza as it wasn’t very big but managed to stop when almost full and take the rest home – winning!
    I had forgotten how much being REALLY accountable and daily reading posts and posting myself helps me with maintaining this WOL consistently.
    Glad to welcome another west Aussie on this thread @tsubaki.
    We truly are a United Nations when one reads the various places people are from!😃

Day 4 NFD St. Louis USA

All my best to all of you.

@lilymartin – Thumbs up for stopping before being stuffed! That is actually a super hard skill to development and maintain.

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD.

2nd of B2B2B today.
    Good FD yesterday, I did 23:1, then enjoyed small bowl of homemade tomato soup, oat bran bread with chicken leg meat, some raspberry jelly and raspberry bio yoghurt. Under 500 calories.

My stepdaughter and step granddaughter were visiting, DH had brought them out to a late lunch so they were well fed by the time I got home from work. Result ….it meant I did not have to cook for them, and I could play with my granddaughter (18 months old), help her pick tomatoes and apples…lovely times.

@debster251 and @jarbia …..thanks, I really enjoyed Monday’s date night…and yesterday’s FD dispatched 2lbs off, so it was worth it 🤗

DAY 4 – UK – FD

Day 4 – UAE – FD (6th day 7 days b2b)
    A quick check-in

Day 3 North Wales NFD
    Day 4 North Wales NFD

Forgot to post yesterday 😳

@coda thank you for your words of support about coping with the Sober October. Hope Sober October means you can still buy alcohol even if you don’t drink it. My local Waitrose had a fantastic deal on gin, somehow 2 bottles found their way into my trolly. 🙄

Staying strong on the two additional challenges I am signed up for this month. It helps to know there are people here to support me.

My fast day on Monday was more difficult than normal. I think it was because I had spent a long time on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor. Floor looks lovely now. It will be interesting to see if tomorrow’s fast day is difficult.

@steve toon taxi driver loved your post on the Geordie temperature scale. 😂😂😂😂 My daughter in law is a Geordie, she has a wicked sense of humour.

@ciper1971 if I am going to do a longish post I have the site open on my phone and iPad. I find it impossible to remember who said what 😂

Have a good day everyone ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDS 💪💪💪💪💪

Day 4, NFD

Day 4 – 🇬🇧- NFD

Successful b2b 😊

Day2-Dublin-FD. Yesterday’s day day went well right up until dinner time at 6. So difficult cooking for 5 others and then not eating. Caved and ate veggie burger, sweet potato and mangetout! Trying again today. So far water and a nice coffee. If I make it to 6pm this evening that will be the 24hours, right? I’m thinking that might be a good way to handle fast days. Anyone else do this? Healthy dinner and then nothing until dinner the following evening?

Day 4 UK FD. 3rd B2B2B

Decided to toss in another FD today as feeling fine and have the bit between my teeth so to speak! For the first time ever…. it seems…. the scales show less than the 60s or 70s as was! 59.7 Kg or 131.3 lb.
    As always many thanks to the support from the amazing people on the forum. You have kept me accountable!!
    Did some clothes shopping yesterday to replace the ever growing pile of stuff going to the charity shop. A lovely feeling!
    Onwards and downwards!

2nd post

@onedayordayone
    Re fasting from one dinner to the next. That’s my usual pattern on FD and find it the easiest as feel once I start eating there’s the danger ! I drink lots of water, tea and coffee also.
    If I hold off till 6pm, the day is almost over and find it easier to resist further temptation! Also I tend to eat lots of vegetables with a small amount of protein, fish or chicken. This fills me up so well, I honestly couldn’t eat again!

Hello day 4 from Co Down NI NFD & SF

The posts at the beginning of challenges always are busy, it does seem to calm down a bit so stick with it. Read what you can but don’t feel overwhelmed (easier said than done I know as we all seem to put unnecessary pressure on ourselves). This thread is to support us not make us feel bad. Read when you can, I try to catch up a few times during the day and so far I am keeping up and i also have a pen and paper handy lol.

@onedayordayone – the day of the challenge always is the same as the day of the month so we are all on the same page no matter when we started. Yes lots of us find it easier to eat dinner to dinner on a fast day having a small 500 – 800 calorie (or thereabouts) meal. Others prefer nothing but it what works best for you. You may find at some point you want to change things around a bit – hence the beauty of this WOL.

Day 4, Newcastle UK, FD

3rd FD achieved. Weight this morning 136.3lbs.

Happy Wednesday folks. Together we are Stronger.

Norway, Day 4, NFD

Had planed for an FD today, but had to stay at home with a sick child, so it will be tomorrow after all.

@steffieagle Ally McBeal is on FOX+, not on the “live” TV, but in their records (or something?). I have cable TV with a smartTV-box, and there is an app for FOX+ with a lot of series 🙂

Day 4 Wales NFD

Today I’m proudly wearing trousers that have become baggy clown pants……I won’t be leaving the house in them though, I might lose them!

Keep with it everyone – this works.

Day 4, Norway, NFD, but CD.

CD yesterday, came in less than 1000kcals. My TDEE is somewhere around 1600.
    Just had todays first meal, healthy veggies in coconutmilk-sauce for lunch.

Day 4, Wales, NFD

Decent fast day yesterday and hoping to see a shift in the scales at the end of the week…fingers crossed…

@missybear – congrats on the clown pants!!
    @mari84 – hope your little one is better soon

Day 4, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

@tsubaki….LOL!!! Sounds like a well balance meal to me……………….. fish fingers & booze, what’s not to like???!!

@molij – Funnily enough I’ve never bought so much alcohol as I did during Dry-September, I think I just enjoyed looking at all the bottles and anticipating opening them, Only 1 opened so far!!!!

@steve toon taxi driver…………..LOL!!!!!!! and that’s from a ‘soft southerner’!!!!!!!!!!!

@missybear – congratulations on the clown pants – Happy days!!!!!

Have we lost @happymargo again??? Or has Dry-September led to over-compensating in October!!!!!!!!!!

@brightonbelle, still thinking of your sister and sending prayers & healing vibes her way; hoping your sons’ leg is healing too.

Stay strong everyone, Onward & Downwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please count me in. Thanks.

Day 4…..Florida……FD

Just a quick note today! I didn’t want to get up then my tablet updated putting me behind this morning.
    Had a great yesterday, ate to much but such is life! Must do a solid FD today!

I saw a little stiletto of a man, he’s on the loose, he’s on the loose carry a can of fandango!

Day 4 UK FD

I got my work done alright yesterday, finishing at roughly 4pm, and broke my long fast then. I wasn’t much hungrier than I would have been following a normal fast day with 500 – 800 calories, and my energy levels were good. That was 45 hours with only black coffee, ginger tea and water. I may well join the dark side (water fasting), at least as long as I am busy in the evenings. I’ll have to see if it is harder tonight when I am not as anxious having done the trek before. I ate quite a lot yesterday so I am not taking a deficit into today’s fast. My body should have all the nutrients it needs to facilitate lots of good repairs. And I feel as if I need repairing. As soon as I had eaten yesterday I started to hurt, muscles really complaining, and I stiffened up even more overnight. Today’s walk will be more challenging. And I can’t be as generous with the time I give myself to do it as I have to wait for the shopping to be delivered and cook Mum’s tea and feed the animals before I leave. It is Russian tonight. Monday was Chinese. I have been teaching myself Russian for two years. Tonight I finally get to speak to people using it 🙂 And see if I am good enough to be in this level two course… The Chinese one is for complete beginners so I was fine. It looks as if it is going to be fascinating. My new cocyx cushion has arrived so I should find sitting for the two hours and on the train easier than on Monday. Sorry, rambling!

So the plan for today is another water fast. Lots of black coffee until about 1pm and then just take a bottle of water with me. And then just tea when I get home.

Day 4, US, CFD

Yesterday’s sort of FD with a light dinner (following the previous day’s water FD) worked well. I wasn’t hungry during the day, so I might try the same for Day 4. This is mainly because I’m going out for dinner with a friend which might see me consume my TDEE in one sitting!

Fellow sweetenough-ers; a work colleague just gave me a big bag of mini-chocolates (Snickers – my favs!). I have stashed them in the back of the cupboard where they won’t be permitted to see the light of day until November.

Good luck to those doing OctSober!

@fatrabbit – wow you are amazing – jaw dropping amazing and ramble all you want.

@penz – oh I admire your will power – I had thought of having a little stash but would be worried one day I would remember it and their calls would be very very hard to ignore. If they are not there I won’t have that problem.

@brightonbelle – I hope everything is as well as can be, we haven’t heard from you in a while.

Day 4, Gozo, Malta, fd

Fat rabbit that’s impressive first Russian then Chinese. How smart!

Fd today to complete my B2B2B fasting. I’ll probably fast at 650 calories today. Tomorrow I’ll weigh in the morning for my weekly weight. I’m babysitting my youngest grandson Alexander as his mother ( my daughter) is in London until Monday. He’s a bit sick and on medication. However he keeps smiling at me and is quite happy with us.

Have a great Wednesday everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 4 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Successful FD yesterday. Off to exercise and give piano lessons, movie tonight – all of that for this retired woman is a busy day! Movie means popcorn for supper. That’s a huge treat for me.

Onward and downward.

Day 4 Belfast FD
    @flourbaby – great link and guess what, if wine gums were £5 a bag I would still probably buy them… but not till November! No sweets, no deserts, no pastries, no booze. Did I really say that?
    Welcome @onedayordayone good to have one more in the Irish contingent! I have exported my two sons to Dublin so it’s getting like my second home!
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver – I love your humour!
    @belfastsink it’ll take a while to adjust to your loss. Dont rush it – I lost my lovely mum 18 months ago and while the initial rawness has gone, those unexpected moments are the difficult ones.
    @lindasue can I ask what is your Fall decor? I’m currently redecorating my living room and I see rooms on Pinterest which have autumn and spring variations. Sounds like hard work to me!
    @missybear – Yay to those baggy trousers!
    @penz – I admire your resolve!
    @fatrabbit – I think you’ve picked two of the hardest languages. I did Russian o level, but never got the opportunity to use it, which is a regret. Good luck with your studies.
    Sugar and wine fast doing great although extra raisins did jump into my porridge!

Feeling good and my resolve is strong.

In the words of the late, great Tom Petty

No, I’ll stand my ground
    Won’t be turned around…
    I won’t back down.

Day 4 Lancaster, PA US FD

Great FD yesterday, only water, tea and unsweetened low fat coconut milk with turmeric, nutmeg, ginger before bed.
    Feeling good about another FD today as it feels it might help to prevent some issues of my fall allergies. So far I’m feeling more clear headed and congestion is leaving my lung, throat and abdominal area.😊✨
    I’ve been walking with DS and DD with our pup Sweetie for 5,000 steps today and the past 2 Days. Hoping to keep it up. I’m so grateful these days to getting back to walking like I was before I broke my leg. I still can’t lift things because I lose my balance on my left leg. 😝I need to do more leg presses. Drinking more water today. I probably didn’t drink as much as I should have yesterday.

I had a question about weight for my height at 5’7” . This website helped, it also calculates BMI.✨ https://www.rush.edu/health-wellness/quick-guides/what-is-a-healthy-weight. If anyone is interested in height to weight ratio and BMI.✨

@debster251 Good Luck to you on your ADF this week. I remember you had good luck and success with ADF in the past. ✨✨🤜🏻🤛🏻✨✨😊
    @taraga ✨Wishing you well on your 7 day fasts.✨🌈✨
    @onedayordayone. ✨Welcome ✨Glad you are here! ✨Good Luck to you! 🌈✨✨🤝✨✨Yes, sometimes I’ll fast from the night before until dinner the next day. If I keep the cals. below 500 it’s a FD. Some people to 800 cals w/o sugar FD’s that way also. We each have to find what helps us purge the pounds😊
    @camcd ✨Awesome!✨
    @fatrabbit your story telling abilities are wonderful, you make life sound interesting. Your abilities to speak and translate Russian and now starting in Chinese are very interesting and entertaining!😊
    @anna6 ✨Congrats! on your successful B2B2B!✨
    ✨Such fond memories 🎶 of Tom Petty in my teens and 20’s I will stay strong and 🎶 I won’t back down.🎶

✨Wishing Everybody Well Today✨🌈✨

Day 4 London NFD

day 4 Akron OH FD. I had a really good day with my daughter’s yesterday and was able to stay away from the sweets. We went to a Mediterranean Restaurant yesterday, although I did indulge in some Pita Bread. I stayed within TDEE and still feel a little full this morning.
    @fatrabbit do you sweeten your black coffee or drink it plain. I put two scoops of cocoa in my morning coffee and I wonder if I am sabotaging myself, I wish I could drink my coffee plain and black, it’s an acquired taste that I am yet to acquire LOL.

Day 4 – USA – FD

We have 11 little chicks in our spare room that were hatched a few weeks ago and they are just about ready to go outside, so I have my work cut out for me today. As they get bigger, they kick up a lot of dust and trigger my allergies, so I won’t miss them. @mari84, hope your child gets better! @missybear, congrats on the baggy pants! It’s the best feeling. @fatrabbit, I second what @coda said: “ramble all you want”! I love to hear your stories. @anna6, we can rely on your consistent posts every evening as you say goodnight! You are very steady in your accountability. @okeydokey, I know it’s hard to make the choice between getting surgery and being there for your dad. With your limited eating ability, can you put it off too much longer without jeopardizing the healing?

Day 4, Northumberland UK, NFD

Still struggling with feeling run down – may have to join in with no sweets for the rest of the month to stop me grazing on the junk for comfort. I know it doesn’t help, but old habits die hard. At least I managed to close my eating window after 8 hours yesterday which minimised the damage done. Need to do the same again today.

me again – oh how I used sweets to relieve that afternoon slump is becoming so apparent! So having a sneaky look here to get me over that hump.

Oh my goodness @debster251 you are really going to town! No deserts? I’m just cutting out sweets/candy and chocolate. I still had my apple and BlackBerry crumble on Sunday

Most are aware we added 4 chickens to the household, 2 Hybrids (Blue Plymouth Rock/Barred Plymouth Rock and a Blue Plymouth Rock/Rhode Island Red) from whom we will get brown eggs maybe one darker than the other. The other 2 are pure breeds Minorca which lays large white eggs and a Cream Legbar which lays a blue/green egg. They are called Belle, Chickpea (pea for short) and the first to lay will be called Princess Layla. The other is un-named at this point with names from some family members, with a wicked sense of humour suggesting Tikka or sweet chilli! I can’t wait for the first eggs! I must say it was hard last night to be eating chicken wings without thinking about our girls in the garden.
    🐔🐔🐔🐔 and me 🐢

Day 4 Canada 16:8 NFD

Today is a new day- another way to work this WOL into a long term plan.

No sweets + yoga + meditation

Day 4, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Day 4 – ABQ – FD

Hmm it seems my day 3 post didn’t actually post, so quick redo:

—–
    Day 3 – ABQ – NFD/CD
    What is usually my FD today is a NFD due to giving blood – with all the awful things going on it is the very least I can do. I’ve been very productive today: cleaning house, mommy-daughter time, voting, donating blood, and even working from home!! I stayed on track all day coming in at 1576 for the day.

I also finally got my scale this morning — AND OMG!!! I am finally below the 160s!! 159.0!!!! AHHHH so proud (yes this was also before I gave blood lol) Will update my measurements in the morning!!
    —–

On to Day 4:
    I’m so excited about being in the 150’s and so proud of myself! I am ready to rock these B2B FDs!!

@coda – Yes I actually got my TDEE from this site and compared it with the one I got done as part of a whole nutrition work up and they were very close (only off by 10 cals). Mine was 1987 cals, so for simplicity’s sake I just say 2000 since it’s so close – (though now I recalculated it and it 1931 with the new weight 😆 )

@flourbaby – hahaha, I figured I’d earned the one glass after being good all month (and the last 2 weeks in Sept!). Sober October 😂 😂 😂 I love it!!

Speaking of Sober October, how are my Dry Winos doing? I know the first week is the hardest! Stay strong! We are all here for eachother!!

And my Pocket Plankers? We all doing good? Man yesterday’s hurt — I can still feel my core pounding this morning! Glad you are joining us @In_it_to_thin_it
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @In_it_to_thin_it
    @jessyoursize
    @snowflake56

@snowflake56 – yes you did read that right, I’ve had 2 heart attacks. I had my first one at 19 when I caught a rare case of strep (that ironically sent me to the ER cause I couldn’t even swallow) and it migrated down, attacking my heart. At 25 I had my second one due to a cumulation of stress & strep (I will always be more susceptible to strep for the rest of my life) with planning my wedding and a research conference within 2 weeks of each other (not by choice) then catching strep the following week. My poor husband, we’d only been married a month and it was on his birthday.
    I’ve been totally cleared, I even had my daughter without incident, but this time of year I have to be extra careful not to get strep since it can easily be exacerbated into another heart attack. I’ve been told I’ll be less likely to have more if I lose weight, hence my finding 5:2, but I don’t let it take over my life. To me it’s something to say when people ask for that “interesting/unique fact” during ice-breakers. My husband calls me the eternal optimist, lol. Bad stuff has followed me around my whole life (these are only 2 of 5 times I almost died), my friends even joke that I must be either cursed or have 9 lives – but I can’t and won’t let that stop me from being happy. Bad stuff happens to everybody, it’s how you react to the bad stuff that defines you.

Day 4 Sicily NFD I have to post NOW because my husband bought Pringles (potato chips) and set them down right next to me. I’ve had 4 and must stop at that. This is the kind of empty food that can sabotage a day! I’m about to ask him to move them as I might make excuses on my way to the cupboard. BTW-finding Pringles in a small town in Sicily is quite a feat. He actually found a Pringles vending machine. Saboteur!

Day 4 – McMinnville Oregon USA – FD

@jarbia – I’m fasting today too. Let’s do this together!!

@debster251 – Love the Tom Petty quotes, such an icon.

Day 4 USA FD =)

Day 4 (and Day 3) Gloucestershire, UK: Both NFDs

I have a private health MOT tomorrow morning. No breakfast because of fasting blood tests included. It will be interesting to compare with last year’s result when I was at my best weight (goal) after several months of the fast-diet success. This year, a different matter, unfortunately! Might be the kick-start I need, eh?

2nd post
    Not sure dinner at the All You Can Eat buffet will be good for my weight, so tomorrow will be a FD!

@jessyoursize – I love your positive attitude to life.

@mogaman – 4 pringles is amazing control……..now step away from them!!

Day 4 Lancaster, PA FD
    @coda I also need a bit of help getting over the afternoon hump and reading every bodies posts is so helpful✨I’m very grateful to be involved with the Challenges, Thanks for starting them.😊✨😊

@jessyoursize long story short. About 19 years ago I had to be on chemotherapy. I’m cancer free now, but my immune system was compromised. Similarly that you have to be careful about strep. Something I do, after a lot of research, is helping me. If your doctor allows it. I think It would help your immune system also if your interested. I take allimax garlic capsules. Found on the internet and Amazon. They have prevented quite a few physical illnesses for me. What kind of things is your Doctor doing to help your immune system?✨

@metatuata You are correct and insightful. I should not put it off, if only because it’s not healthy for my jaw, teeth and gums. I am working through the fear and claustrophobia I have about the Orthodontist doing surgery. I realize it is taking me longer than I hoped and thought it would. I am utilizing hypno therapy. The Claustrophobia is getting a little better. Definitely happening very slowly.

✨Serenity, calmness, strength comes from within.✨ Gentle is good. ✨Please be kind to yourself.✨I’m glad we have a soft place to land as @lindasue put it so eloquently. ✨

✨Good Luck this afternoon and Evening Everybody!✨✨🤜🏻✨🤛🏻✨✨✨✨

Day 4, Emden Germany, NFD

@jessyoursize gosh, that sounds scary, I’m glad you’re fine now.

@bethwhite2909 I’ve never met someone called Mellema, sounds like a name from the North, a lot of names in there end on -ma or -ga. I’m from the narrow strip of land between Belgium and Germany in the South of the Netherlands.

Too tired to write any more, have to go to bed.

A nice day/evening to you all.

Day 4 California NFD

Did pretty well yesterday on my NFD but still managed to gain .3 kg. *Sigh* Oh well. Probably salt and water weight.

@okeydokey – Have you ever been given nitrous oxide (laughing gas) when having your teeth worked on? That works really well for me and it wears off right away. It’s a great way to relax.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,507 total)

You must be logged in to reply.