October 2017 31 day challenge.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2017 31 day challenge.

This topic contains 1,500 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  Mia139 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 1,507 total)

• Day 2, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

I just noticed that I copied the lists for ‘sweet enough without’ and ‘dry winos’/’sober october’ yesterday but did not add my name. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… But I am in for both of these extra challenges.

Have a good Monday everyone! ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ

Day 2 – SW WA USA – FD

i confess I should have chosen my stevia syrup instead of maple syrup yesterday seeing I’m endeavoring to be sugar free for October. I’ll plan to be more vigilant the rest of the month.

The Las Vegas tragedy touches so many lives. Such evil & sadness. Praying for those touched by it.

Together we are stronger, whether a FD or a NFD!

Day 2: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Thanks for the welcome my dear old friends xx

day 2 Akron Ohio FD. I am just saddened by the senseless violence in Vegas, thoughts and prayers to all those affected.

I have decided to return to Every Other Day fasting, because it worked so well for me earlier this year and it’s just easier mentally.

@bert1802 your October ending made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that, I needed it this morning.

Happy Monday all!

Hope I am not to late to join this challenge ….

Located West Midlands UK … today is a NFD, as was yesterday…. tomorrow is a FD, this is my third week, although I am not sure last week should count as I overate every FD … still baby steps.

I guess I add myself to the spreadsheet. Hoping to lose 4lb over the month

Day 2, Gozo Malta, fd

Prayers for all those effected by tragedies all over the world.

Today was a fast day but I’ve already ate 800 calories. Tomorrow is a fast day for me and so is Wednesday to complete my B2B2B for this week. I also would like to step up my exercise. I have to walk my grandson as I’m babysitting day and night from tomorrow evening to Sunday as my daughter is traveling to London.

Onwards and downwards

Day 2 USA. I am having trouble to go back on track after almost all last month out :S. Today FD.Have a good Monday everybody!!

Day 3 NZ NFD/CD

Thanks for hosting:)

I’m a newbie and would love to join the October challenge.

I will be 60 in November. I raised my 4 daughters in Dallas Texas but moved to Ft Myers Florida a little over a year ago. My husband and I are living on a boat here in Florida and I love it. Hopefully we will be able to stay here but will find out soon as my husband is in the market for a new job. I am very overweight at 227.5 lbs and 5’9″. Besides, obviously wanting/needing to lose weight, I want to feel better. I am so achy all of the time and I know it is all this weight on my knees and hips. We are expecting our 3rd grandchild in November and I want to have fun with my grandchildren!! I am really looking forward to this journey. I have done IF before and was successful with it – not sure why I didn’t stick to it but here goes!! Today is a FD and I am excited to start!!

Please let me know how to find spreadsheet.

Excited to be on this adventure with you all!!

Beth

Day 2, US, FD

Might try something different with FD today, dinner only tomorrow, lunch only on Wed and dinner only on Thurs. My social calendar is not conducive to 2 FDs this week, so I’m hoping this restrictive approach will make up for it.

Day 2 California FD

For the past 3 days my eating has been pretty much out of control. Time to get back to the program. Iโ€™m somehow down .6 kg from yesterday and at 61.2 kg. Today is a FD for me.

Good luck to all my fellow fosters today. My heart goes out to everyone affected by the senseless Vegas tragedy.

Day 2, Emden Germany, FD

Hi @bethwhite2909 welcome from a Dutch Beth to this site, if you have questions, feel free to ask. Here is the link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oHFqnmdzVCzauz5eJOzqQfuHywXgRwErhMyTS3MSHog

@sirisan I’m glad you decided to stay with us, I also don’t have much time to read and write, because of work issues I can’t keep up with the posts either, but it’s just the way it is.

Today was a good day, very busy at work, played the piano, ate under 500 cal and now on my way to do the second 6 min planksfor the challenge initianated by @jessmysize, where are you?.

Day 2 October FD

Despite wanting to be in maintenance this month my scales are showing a .5kg drop putting me at the lowest weight I have been for a very long time. Decided to stick with a FD today as I am trying to find a routine…..

No sweets, + yoga + meditation daily!

2nd post sorry, not @jessmysize but @jessyoursize, where are you?

Hello and welcome @bethwhite2909 and @cipher1971. Commit to the 31 days and it may be the best decision you have made in a while. x

2nd post-Day 2-U.K.-FD finishing on 516. So tired I could cry but I made it. I am amazing ๐Ÿ˜‰ x…and I think my 17month old has finally gone to sleep after doing some controlled crying ๐Ÿ˜ญ nightmare but I survived x

@snowflake56 Not sure what a Dutch Beth is? Lol. My grandparents were both Dutch, if that counts.

Thank you for the welcomes! I am really excited to begin again. I successfully lost 40 pounds last year but have been really stalled and put 15 of that back on. New beginnings!!

Day 2, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Hello all – stopping by to say HI ! and wish everybody well as we traverse the October challenge together and want to thank our gracious host.

Back to my first of three days of fasting and happy to be so ! Enjoyed my four days of NFD but really crave the control of fasting and the break it will give my poor body from all digesting ! Will have nothing but water and green tea each day until 7 p.m. then eat a controlled (500 calories or so) dinner. Keeping up the exercise and back to my planks as my core and back feel so much better when I am doing them.

Prayers for Las Vegas and the world at large.

Day 2 | FD | UK

Please can I join?… I need to regain some structure to my fasting lifestyle
    Think I will go back to basics and choose 2 fast days – Mon & Thurs
    Just to fill in the gaps Day 1 was NFD

Good Luck everyone
    xx

Welcome to our new posters, this is such a supportive non-judgmental site. Everybody is more than willing to share what knowledge they have gleaned during their journey and to encourage those who are just taking their first steps (or refinding their path).

Day 2 – ABQ – NFD

I’m here!! Thank you @coda & @snowflake56 — there was a MAJOR mix up with my power provider! Apparently they mixed up our account with our neighbors (who are moving) and shut off the power to our house instead!! It took all weekend to get the mix up straightened out- UGH! And then to top it off my toddler threw my scale and shattered it ๐Ÿ˜ฐ – so that comes in today…

Quick recap of my weekend – Saturday went great, the pumpkin patch was closed due to rains, so we just stayed in (guess that was a good thing since that was how we noticed the power was out) but no opening of the fridge really helped me not eat all weekend. Sat night I was a little bad – I had fried foods, sweets and a chocolate cake that was to die for good — and a glass of rose moscato (Sorry Dry Winos! I caved) it was my anniversary celebration though, and with the power being out and all, I really don’t feel that bad about it though. All in all my weekend stayed under 2000 calories (TDEE) each day.

I will have to mix up my FD this week though since I am scheduled to give blood tomorrow afternoon, I alway get really faint afterwards, so I’m doing good CD days today and tomorrow and then B2B fast days Wed & Thurs.

Sorry to scare you @flourbaby! Haha – I was reading too quickly and didn’t see the “BUT” lol!

I am solidly “In” with my other October Dry Winos:
    @jessyoursize
    @molij
    @redrockgirl302
    @onahealthyhigh

So glad ya’ll are joining me! It’s not as hard as it sounds, and we are all here for eachother!!

As for my Plank Challengers – I did complete my first day yesterday! Looking forward to doing it again tonight. And whew that last “rep” was KILLING my core!!

**Pocket Plankers:
    @jessyoursize
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @snowflake56

As a last bit – along with my scale, I also am getting my friend’s old Fitbit Charge HR today! I’m very excited to see how doing the plank challenge, fast days, and sleep affect my heart rate. Especially as someone who’s had 2 heart attacks.

I’ll be updating the spreadsheet when I get home tonight!!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

Day 2 – ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง- FD

It’s gone well & considering whether I can manage b2b – will see how I feel tomorrow!

Let me add my welcome back to ciren and fatrabbit !

Day 2 – ABQ – NFD

I’m here!! Thank you @coda & @snowflake56 — there was a MAJOR mix up with my power provider! Apparently they mixed up our account with our neighbors (who are moving) and shut off the power to our house instead!! It took all weekend to get the mix up straightened out- UGH! And then to top it off my toddler threw my scale and shattered it ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

Quick recap of my weekend – Saturday went great, the pumpkin patch was closed due to rains, so we just stayed in (guess that was a good thing since that was how we noticed the power was out) but no opening of the fridge really helped me not eat all weekend. Sat night I was a little bad – I had fried foods, sweets and a chocolate cake that was to die for good — and a glass of rose moscato (Sorry Dry Winos! I caved) it was my anniversary celebration though, and with the power being out and all, I really don’t feel that bad about it though. All in all my weekend stayed under 2000 calories (my TDEE) each day.

I will have to mix up my FD this week though since I am scheduled to give blood tomorrow afternoon, I alway get really faint afterwards, so I’m doing good CD days today and tomorrow and then B2B fast days Wed & Thurs.

Sorry to scare you @flourbaby! Haha – I was reading too quickly and didn’t see the “BUT” lol!

I am solidly “In” with my other October Dry Winos:
    @jessyoursize
    @molij
    @onahealthyhigh
    @redrockgirl302

So glad ya’ll are joining me! It’s not as hard as it sounds, and we are all here for eachother!!

As for my Plank Challengers – I did complete my first day yesterday! Looking forward to doing it again tonight. And whew that last “rep” was KILLING my core!!

**Pocket Plankers:
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @jessyoursize
    @snowflake56

As a last bit – along with my new scale, I also am getting my friend’s old Fitbit Charge HR today! I’m very excited to see how doing the plank challenge, fast days, and sleep affect my heart rate. Especially as someone who’s had 2 heart attacks.

I’ll be updating the spreadsheet when I get home tonight!!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

@bethwhite2909 I think what @snowflake56 meant is she is also a Beth but a Dutch one lol

@missj2002 – welcome

@jessyoursize – good to hear from you. Can I ask if you have ever worked out your tdee from this site? When I started I too used the estimated 2000 but when I calculated my own for my ultimate goal weight it came down by almost 500 calories.

Day 2, 2nd post

Welcome @cipher1971 & @bethwhite2909 โ€“ I had to LOL at your response to @snowflake56 (aka, Beth from Holland) โ€˜cause really our handles are as random and anonymous as we choose, personally, I believe I was born of refined carbohydrates, because I find myself irresistibly drawn to them in any shape or form!!!!!! Ooooh, just had a thought (yes it hurt) but once I get to my goal weight, maybe I could become โ€˜Waterbabyโ€™?????

@jessyoursize, your fellow September dry-winos canโ€™t really hold it against you for caving in on Saturday โ€“ a) it was your anniversary & b) youโ€™ve signed up (madness I tell you, sheer madness!!!!!) for Sober October!!!! It was just a pit-stop!!! Take care of that heart my friend; youโ€™re already healing yourself with fasting!!

Happy anniversary Jessyoursize!

Day 2 Gold Coast, AUS FD

I’m really enjoying reading all the posts, and following the day’s progress around the planet. Thank you all for your welcome. Sympathy and thoughts with those affected by the shooting tragedy in Vegas.

Yesterday was supposed to be CD, and I did well until late afternoon when a packet of chips and some cheese brought me undone. I’m finding it easier to fast (liquid only, with lots of water), so I’m looking forward to today (and I’m working today so that will be easier).

Day 3/CD/16:8/Melbourne Australia

Yesterday’s FD went really well. I broke my fast at 6pm with a small steak and loads of vegetables, ending with 361 calories for the day. A nice little whoosh this morning. Still not hungry so planning not to eat till lunchtime. For all the newbies, I lost 43 lbs doing the basic 5:2, eating a lower carb Mediterranean style diet and enjoying up to 500 calories on FDs. I find I’m most successful when I keep it simple, no water fasts or too many fast days and eat a portion of protein and loads of vegetables. I have eliminated bad habits that caused my weight gain – too many bags of crisps/chips.! I love a daily glass of wine but lately it’s crept up to 1/2 bottle daily. Wine releases the snack dragon! Too much cheese, biscuits and carbs! The best advice I can offer is start simply and tweak as necessary to find what works for you.

Hence, holding on tight to the October Dry Wino list with:
    @jessyoursize
    @molij
    @redrockgirl302
    @Onahealthlyhigh

Once again I’m speechless at the horrors in the world. My heart goes out to everyone affected.

Day 2 | Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช | FD
    Good FD coming in at under 600 calories, next FD Thursday.

Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary jessyoursize. Wishing you many more.

Second post
    What a crazy world we live in. My thoughts and prayers for all those caught up in strife.

@mogaman – your control on holiday is amazing!
    @tenoro – I fully sympathise with your problem. That’s why I’m in the tortoise group ๐Ÿข – I’m good all week and then comes the weekend…. That’s why I too have signed up for sober October! We can do this!
    @flourbaby – while I shall miss the odd G & T at the weekend, the sugar might be a bigger problem. We shall see…
    @coda – busy trawling through my recipes with wine for inspiration….good advice!
    @missybear – I admire your resolve to exercise. OH and I went out this afternoon in the showers. Have you thought of swimming? It keeps you mobile without putting pressure on your joints.
    @Jesseyoursize – happy anniversary!

I’ve had a good fast day today, clocking in just about 500 cals.
    I’m just home from my Monday swimming class. I fast every Monday and up to now I have never have had a problem with energy. For the first time today, I ran out of steam just before the end. I hope that means my body is burning fat quicker!

Good night for now.

Day 2 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Day 1 –
    I started this WOE in June. My goal is to weigh 135 by March 2018 when I turn 70. That sounds so oldโ€ฆbut better than the alternative. ๐Ÿ˜‡ I want to feel good about my health and BMI. So I have attached myself to this supportive, loving group and so glad I did.

Iโ€™ve been going back and forth about my October goals but I will stick with dispatching 1 lb a week.

@bigviking – Maybe you could get your wife to watch the documentary that Michael Mosley did on BBC. Or maybe you could watch it again to figure out how to counter her comments. I remember looking at Michael in that documentary and thinking, he doesnโ€™t need to loose weight, but his lab work told another story.

@fatrabbit & ย @ciren2 – good to have you back!
    @sirisan – Post comments when you can, no worries when you donโ€™t have time, just day of week and FD/NFD suffices.
    @jarbia – Loved reading your post, what a wonderful mother you are doing all that laundry!!
    Good luck to the Dry October Challengers!!
    @bert1802ย Thank you for the new October ending!
    @louis05 – Hugs to you ๐Ÿ’

Hope you are all safe and sound.

Update:

October Dry Wino list with:
    @jessyoursize
    @molij
    @redrockgirl302
    @onahealthyhigh
    @debster251

Day1, Guildford UK, CFD

There is just so much to say and so many thank you and hugs to offer that I am so so blessed to be part of this community.

Let me introduce myself, I am 63. Fat between the hips and the boobs with a degree of overhang on the tum. Before I joined I had lost 45lbs on a mix of ways including Jason Vales juicing to cleanse (which helps with this WOL). I exercise a lot, a great deal in fact.

The last 2 years have been traumatic after leaving a very abusive marriage (being a widow previously). Luckily with the help of @debster251 on a different thread I was encouraged to be open. The divorce has been acrimonious. I am diabetic with an under active thyroid and as a result of 5:2 and b2b2b WFD I now am on NO medications. Not even thyroxine.

I started a law course about a month ago although I am worried all the sitting studying will have adverse health effect……..

So if a 63 year old diabetic with full on stress can do this then so can any one.

@fatrabbit I am so thrilled to see you back, together with @toonstevetaxi you made me laugh in my dark days. So thank you.

What an amazing group.

Thank you, I am so so grateful and one day I may be strong enough.

Much love to those who have hosted monthly.

I will not be giving anything up this month, I am going for 2 Kg.

Hugs and welcome to the newbies.

Mari

Day 2, Guildford UK, CFD

Yes day 2 after day 1! When will logic end…..

So thought I might start an abbreviations post (please add to the list or amend) as we do with pocket lists.

FD Fast Day
    CFD controlled fast day
    WFD water fast day
    NFD non fast day
    FED Feast day
    PL Pocket List
    B2B Back to back FDs
    B2B2B2B Officially in the flow and truly dedicated
    WOL Way of Life
    TDEE ………..
    …………….

Mari

Day 3 Country West Australia NFD.
    WOW! How good it feels to have another good FD and to have reset my appetite.
    I tried to come on this thread last night as I was slaying dragons left right and centre
    I came home after singing my heart out at choir and the dragons roared in full force. However as the internet was out AGAIN .
    I had a cup of black tea whilst waiting for the internet crew to get back to me and then they told me that the provider was having troubles and I would be offline for 5 hours. So I went to bed.
    Travelling this morning so hoping for a CD.
    @louis05, how I remember those sleepless nights. My family joked that I spent 6 months up but not conscious! However they pass all too quickly and suddenly your babies are having babies. Where does the time go?
    @rainbowsmile, it sounds like you are giving up 2 kgs, so that’s a bonus.
    @flourbaby, with you on the carb front. I ADORE my carbs which is why I am like @awilson with the tortoises I think. I just cannot give them up completely.
    To all affected by the craziness in Las Vegas, thoughts and prayers. Such an evil thing to do.
    In Australia we have pretty strict gun control especially after a terrible massacre many years ago in Port Arthur Tasmania.
    I have no wish to be controversial or political but many people say that ‘guns don’t kill, people do’ .
    However people can’t kill as easily if they have restricted access to weapons.
    Have a good day whether fasting, feasting or controlled eating.
    We ARE the world.

Day 1, NFD, Rhode Island, USA
    New to this approach and to internet forums. Would love to join the October challenge.

I’ve viewed the posts for awhile and enjoy reading them. I am looking to loose about 30-40 pounds and am very interested in the health benefits of intermittent fasting. I feel I will be more accountable putting my hat in the 5:2 forum ring!

Day 3 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 80.5kg

I had a good fast day but not enough sleep … ~6 hours if I count time I was lying down too. I’m pretty sure that not enough sleep is holding me back. I just don’t have enough control over my life.

Today I did 140 push-ups … just not pushing too hard yet as I still had some pain in the back of my left arm, but less than Saturday.

Day 3 Melb AUS CD

Did well on my FD yesterday coming under 400 cals. Also went for a walk with hubby -love daylight savings!
    Welcome @rhody87 this forum is great for accountability

Day 3, Norway, NFD

Had a successful FD yesterday….but had gained 300grams :(..well i guess i had gained more over the weekend…so happy i didnt see a higher number… my official weigh-in day is friday mornings, after my second day of fasting for the week. I fast mondays and thursdays.

The rest of the week is going to be CD’s and lots of water, and some diet coke ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 3, Denmark, FD
    I fell myself (is there such a use of the verb to fall?) off the September Dry Wino wagon last night. And it was gorgeous!

Need a FD today! But, I was worth it!

@califdreamer

That happens to me regularly – weight stable when I’m fasting and being good, then I’ll have a binge and drop half a kilo or more.

Day 3 | Sydney Australia | NFD

Just back to work today after a public holiday Monday. A really big hike yesterday with the family, about 15 kilometres. Just recovering from the sore feet now. My legs actually feel less sore than before the hike. I need to see a podiatrist about my feet.

Day 3 UK FD ๐ŸŒˆ

FD today bring it on! ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ‰

Day 3- U.K.-NFD/CD

Day 3 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช- FD

Well, my FD was going very well until I arrived home from work and DH was feeling all romantic and wanted to take me out for a candle lit dinner. So what does a girl do? ๐Ÿ˜„
    Lovely meal, skipped dessert, drank wine………and another pound up this morning.
    RESET

Right, so today is another FD, but I will now have to do a B2B2B in order to achieve my goal of doing 4:3. Nothing but water, green tea, and an oxo cube drink today and some chicken tonight. Thursday will be liquid only.

Day 3 plank challenge complete…could not hold the final rep for the allotted 30 seconds..my core really needs strength

Day 3, UK, CD

Weigh in day and another 1lb off – feeling wonderful, very focussed and excited to see what October brings ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Day 3 Newcastle UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง NFD.
    My heart is full of Sadness for the people of Las Vegas caught up in the latest atrocity.

DAY 3 – UK – NFD/CD

@awilson your story resonates with me. I was 70 in June…started the challenge in Jan @ 149lbs. with a goal of 135lbs by my 70th. I did so well, losing 9lbs the first month, then got to 138lbs in April but then found it nigh impossible to lose further…and started a series of short hols…only to find the weight going on again….by my birthday I was 141lb. and in disgust gave up and now I am up to 145lb (was 147lb beginning of September)and have started all over again, with my goal of 135lb. by Christmas. In January, when I lost all the weight, I was also running, (only
    30 mins runs every other day) but I think it made a huge difference Unfortunately my calf muscles keep letting me down with painful strains, so haven’t run for several months, but am going to try again…starting off at a few mins a time, working my way up to 30 mins again…..if the legs give in again I will give up for good, and try something else. I do love walking, but it doesn’t have the same whoosh effect. I do remember how great (and younger!!) I felt at below 140lbs. So perhaps we can hold each other’s hand and see if we can both reach our goal ….. if it takes me until March 2018 I can live with that! Good luck.

2nd Post

@daffodil2010 – Wow!how lucky are you…worth every llb I’d say – my OH doesn’t have a romantic bone in his body – but does make me tea at 3 0’clock in the morning if I can’t sleep, and every morning at 7 without fail….but to be whisked out to dinner would be a miracle. Enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 1,507 total)

You must be logged in to reply.