October 2017 31 day challenge.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2017 31 day challenge.

This topic contains 1,500 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  Mia139 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 1,507 total)

• Day 5 FD UK

Day 5 FD UK

Day 25, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

The positive vibe has stuck around, I wasn’t even tempted by snacks last night after a 502 cal day!!! I’ve been slipping an extra 100 or so calories here and there and justifying it by saying ‘Well Dr. M said 800 is ok’…………………… not for me though, 800 can often turn into 1800!!!

@big_bill, I hope you’re experiment is successful, I expect it won’t be sustainable for more than a week or two which is ok, but any longer and you might be in danger of following a low calorie diet………………. And we ALL know how great those are!!!!! This could be the kick start your body needs, sometimes I find just mixing up my routine fools my body into shifting fat!!! I tweak my routine with ADF, B2B2Bs, 5:2, 4:3 and liquid only FDs and I think it helps!!

We’re on the home strait, stay strong everyone!!!!

Day 25, Newcastle UK, FD

Not a bad NFD yesterday – could have been better. OH is doing so well he has been discharged by the physio – so I made a celebratory dinner. Enough said. Going for my second FD of the week today.

@debster251 – strangely enough, I am finding that I have naturally fallen into the practice of eating once a day – and while I overdo the calories on a fairly regular basis, overall my body seems to like that routine. I no longer feel bloated and I’m sleeping so much better. Glad the quote went down well 🙂
    @daffodil2010 – All the best and take it easy until you know exactly what’s what. Glad you enjoyed your evening and got lots of complements.
    @okeydokey – hope you are feeling brighter today – sending a big hug!
    @fatrabbit – your achievement is nothing short of phenomenal. Please don’t let the last week get you down. It is nothing in comparison to how far you have come. You will get to goal by 9/11.
    @rainbowsmile – Mari – glad to hear you sounding good. Onwards and upwards – and downwards of course where lbs are concerned.
    @sirisan – Prayers for you brother that he continues to stay well and a big hug to you as you support him.
    @dykask – please take it easy – you of all people know that you can cause damage to your body by pushing it too far when you’re still battling a virus. I said that in the voice of a stern doctor!

Off to the vet now for our doggy’s follow-up to her scale and polish last week. Then another garden to put to bed for winter.

Together we are Stronger – onwards and downwards.

Day 25 – Nuremberg, Germany – FD
    Yesterday was a reasonable NFD. No breakfast, light lunch of turkey breast then out for pizza with my work friend. Managed to put away 3 glasses of wine whilst putting the world to rights but as we didn’t have starters or desserts I figure that probably compensates – right?
    Back to FD today.

Day 20 Dublin Ireland FD
    Day 21 Dublin Ireland NFD
    Day 22 Dublin Ireland NFD
    Day 23 Dublin Ireland FD
    Had a little break with some friends and managed to keep my weight stable!! Yay. Back on the horse today. Full on FD for me.

Day 25, Belfast, NFD
    Day 24, Belfast, NFD

Monday’s FD went really well – attended a lovely yoga class on Monday evening, plenty of shoulder stands…helped with my mood and general energy levels 🙂

we are getting our house ready for a pirate-themed Hallowe’en party this Saturday night. Had a couple of glasses of wine last night with poached cod and veggie noodles…whilst painting fake rum crates. Aaarrrrgh! Shiver me timbers!

Was thinking about a FD today but might leave it until tomorrow, a busier day.

Good luck everyone today!x

Day 25 Belfast FD OMAD
    The scales were the same this morning, but I’m only 1 lb off my lowest. I should like to break the 150 barrier before the end of the month but there is my last weekend away in the caravan coming up which might put the scuppers on that. We’ll see.💪
    I’m off out for a meal with friends this evening. No wine – I’m the driver but I shall eat mindfully.
    @daffodil2010 : I’m sorry to hear about your possible angina. Here’s hoping the tests show it’s nothing of consequence.
    @mema02 holidays are there to enjoy. Just start again and press that reset button!
    @okeydokey – good luck with you exercise regime. I had to google Piyo and I’m tempted to try it out. I keep meaning to start a daily yoga/Pilates routine but just don’t get around to it.
    Thanks for the recipe @cipher1971
    @rainbowsmile – good to see you dropping in, Mari, and glad all is well👍
    @onahealthyhigh your post about calculating your TDEE prompted me to do mine. I’m 63 next month. And mine has dropped by about 200 too. At that rate of going, by the time I get to 80 I’ll be eating nothing!
    I like your logic @big_bill!
    @maayyaa – what great motivation. There’s no room for ‘ifs’ it has to be a ’when’!
    @daffodil2010 – I know you can do it. You are the best ‘loser’ I know! I’m just below you in the spreadsheet and I follow your progress with amazement!
    @sirisan – thanks for the update about your brother. Wishing him a long and healthy life. Xo
    @at – I meant to ask where you are watching the Bolshoi? I don’t see anywhere locally that broadcasts much ballet.
    @Strawberriesandcream – I stepped off the wagon last weekend, gained a few pounds, but worst of all, couldn’t believe the bloat! Isn’t it funny how you get used to that mindful eating feeling.
    @onedayordayone – isn’t it great to keep those pounds at bay while having a good time! Were you away anywhere nice?

Off to make myself busy. I woke up this morning with a raging hunger and it’s a long time to 7pm!

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Day 25, UK, FD

It has been a bit of a mare this month – lots of nights out and late nights at work has affected my focus. I won’t hit the 4lb weight loss I has desired for the month, but I reckon I’ll get half as much (which is wonderful with the rollercoaster month I’ve had)

Good Luck on the food front for everyone who are fasting today, and equally those who aren’t!

Day 25……Florida……..FD

Back to work today after a wonderful 4 days off. I tumbled right off the wagon yesterday, so I plan on fasting the rest of the week. I feel as if I’m holding on to a bit of water weight this week, as well. So, I plan to up my water intake, reduce my soda consumption as well.

It’s finally a bit cooler around here, so I’m looking forward to wearing a nice sweater today.

I saw a little stiletto of a man, he’s on the loose, he’s on the loose carrying a can of fandango!

Day 25 Newcastle UK NFD
    Early finish today just about packed for holidays

Day 24 – Cumbria UK – NFD
    Day 25 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Day 23 FD went well – 444cals consumed!!! Hope everyone who was fasting had a good day too!

After a drizzly old day yesterday some sunshine today 🌤does cheer you up no end! Having said that I did go out for a walk with a friend in the rain yesterday, covering around 5miles/8km! We did enjoy it, especially that cup of coffee at the end!

Cooked a great fish curry for dinner last night – lovely and warming on a wet Autumn evening!

@mogaman – well done on going down a size – such a lovely feeling to savour!
    @lilymartin – you are so right in that it is so easy to underestimate what we are eating/drinking – when your TDEE is low already (mine is around 1500cals) it is so easy to go over if you are not conscious of what goes in your mouth………using MFP has made it so much easier to stay accountable!
    @strawberriesandcream – 👍for your successful FD and OH great rehabilitation – all due to great care and support received as much as a positive attitude!
    @daffodil2010 – fingers crossed all goes well with your cardiology tests
    @okeydokey – my friend sounds like you definitely need a 🤗I’m so glad that checking in here helps keep you a bit more upbeat! Do what elements of your PIYO you can – it will benefit you – my yoga teacher is always saying to do only what our bodies allow – we are all different!
    @big_bill – looking forward on hearing how your experiment goes with your reverse 5:2
    @sirisan – hello – good to hear you are doing OK as well as your brother x
    @debster251 – I’m very lucky that my local cinema shows live telecast of some Bolshoi and ROH ballets as well as Opera and some London plays ☺️

Hello @coda – where have you been for the past few days???? Hope you are OK? Your last post was a bit down as you felt you had lost your MOJO a bit – You have helped so many of us – hope that we can pull you back on the wagon – sending you lots of cyber hugs 🤗 “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow”

I’m off to get ready for a Pilates Workshop this afternoon – looking forward to spending time with some like minded women looking after our bodies and mind!

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

Day 25, S. Wales, NFD/16:8

Spent a lovely quarter hour reading all your posts and now haven’t left myself enough time to reply properly before heading out to a meeting!
    @daffodil2010 and @okeydokey – hope you are feeling OK soon
    @big_bill will be watching the 2:5 experiment with interest
    @mogaman congrats on dropping the clothes size, must feel great!
    @debster251 like you I was hoping to break the 150lb barrier this month, but still 2lb off for me. Like the quote “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow”!

Day 25 London FD

Day 25, NFD, US

Yesterday ended up almost being a FD. I don’t want to call it that as I usually have liquid only FDs and I had a large chicken salad for lunch. But that’s all I ate all day so was probably under the magic calorie quota to call it a FD, right? With this cold I really haven’t felt like eating, so I might try and follow BigBill’s example this week and do a reverse 5:2.

Day 25 UK, NFD

Feeling a bit like I’ve lost the will these past few days. I’ve basically tried a FD and then had something for lunch, then tea – with some kind of snack. All the days are hovering around 1000 cals but I know that isn’t sustainable longer term. I’ve got a few pounds to go till end of October challenge, pretty sure I won’t get there now, but not putting any weight back on is my priority.

Hey ho, I’m thinking this weekend it’s party time and then holidays in 10 days. Knowing I’ve lost 50 lbs my mind is telling me just leave it there for now and start again when we’re back.

I’m still committed to this WOL as I know it suits me – I bought another pair of size 16 jeans yesterday and a medium sized top, I’m determined not going back to bigger sizes. It’s just at the minute I’m tired and feeling I’ve done enough.

Mojo definitely lost behind the couch or under the bed. It’ll resurface with the orphan socks that also live in hidden places.

Any takers for November challenge? I’ll need some help getting back on the wagon around 24th!

Ignore me folks, keep on with the programme. It does work!

Day 25 Wales NFD

I wonder if some of us are feeling a little down because of the time of year. The dreary weather certainly affects my mood, its why I like to have a mid winter sunshine holiday to look forward to.

@saffy420 and anyone else struggling at the moment- you’ve done so well, stick with it, even if you need to relax things a little for a while don’t give up…….you don’t want to be back where you started.

Off for a long walk while the sun is out – need to boost my vitamin D.

Be kind to yourselves and stick with the challenge ……together we are stronger.

Day 25, Gozo Malta, fd

Okeydokey I hope you’re well.

Daffodil2010 I prayed for your good health.

Onwards and downwards

Have a great Wednesday everyone

day 25 Akron OH Controlled Day. Its nice to feel hungry again. I have way more energy. I will catch up on posts later.
    have a great day everyone

Day 25 – USA – FD

Just in case any of you were wondering about @Chitowngal, she asked me to say she is super bz at work and at home and has no time right now to post. I’ve been logging into the spreadsheet for her. @daffodil2010, thinking of you ((hugs)). @saffy420, you are an inspiration to me and I know you’ll pass through this spell of no mojo soon! @okeydokey, this too shall pass! @sirisan, glad to hear your brother’s news, here’s hoping it continues! @SteveToon, don’t you dare post during your hols! Just have fun and we’ll see you when you get back! @coda and @ciren2, ((hugs)) to both of you!

Day 25 – USA (UT visit) – NFD

Got to my Silver Sneakers class yesterday to exercise. It’s really difficult to do a FD on exercise day, but I might tomorrow. There is a good teacher here on Thursday then another class on Friday. For me, 3 days of SS in one week is especially good.

Had an interesting but long conversation with US Cellular yesterday as to why my phone would not accept calls. I could call out, text, data, etc. but incoming calls were “dead air.” I think they have their roaming issues fixed now; it had started on Sunday but I thought it was fixed until Tuesday’s problems. They said it was this relay here in Utah, but also Colorado. It was so strange to not be able to talk to someone who called me! It is almost annoying how attached I am to my phone….

@metatauta – glad to hear ChitownGal is doing well but busy! Sounds like you’re doing fine too.

Onward and downward.

Day 25, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Going for a FD today.
    I am always stress eating before a big trip but have to stop it and forget the mud pie in the freezer.
    Going for a hike soon. It will be sunny and a gorgeous fall day. 🍁🍂🍃

@cipher: So sorry about your pet. 😢😢😢
    @at: Yes, my father is looking forward to many hours of talking and sharing food. 😊😊😊
    @daffodil2010: Hope the tests will have a good outcome! ⚘⚘⚘

Have a good Wednesday everyone! 🌺🌻🌼

Day 25 FD, Canada

RESET, RESET, RESET!!

October has been a difficult month – too many festive occasions, my birthday (3 parties!), thanksgiving, a Haloween party we hosted this past weekend. And all my favourite treats have been far too available and in abundance.

Struggling to regain control? Here is what I do:
    1.Try to pack up treats to send home with guests, or take them in to work, feed them to the dog, or trash them as quickly as possible so temptation period is minimized – not carrying on for days.
    2. fill up on veggies – munch on a bag of mini carrots, steam and eat a whole head of cauliflour with just a sprinkle of soy sauce – I need to fill the void with some low calorie, large volume foods quickly to reverse the binge that is threatening.

What tricks or tips do you’all have to get back in control?

@saffy 50lbs down is amazing! You are my new role model.
    t trust myself to put them in the freezer.

Day 25 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Day 24 – NFD
    I had my photography class yesterday and didn’t have time to post. I’m running in to Portland again today to meet up with a friend, so no fast.
    Eating has been up and down, as shown by my scales.
    Company arrives this evening, Acckkk not sure when I’m going to get a fast scheduled!!!!

@cipher1971 – Thank you for the Chicken Con Carne Recipe recipe, it sounds delish, not sure where I will find the Sainsbury’s Tomato & Red Pepper Soup in the US????
    @daffodil2010 – Hope your testing goes well!!

Day 25 – SW WA USA – NFD

Trouble with connectivity on my computer so using my phone.
    Going for another controlled NFD. They used to be harder than FDs but right now, not so much. Maybe keeping the sugar at bay is helping with more control on NFDs.

@saffy420 – 50 lbs is a real accomplishment. May you enjoy your vacation, keep those 50 off with 16:8 days or something, and then be ready to deal with more when back.

Off to work.
    Remember, together we are stronger!

Day 24 North Wales NFD
    Day 25 NFD

Staying strong, all of your lovely posts keep me motivated. Had a lovely surprise today. Cholesterol down from 6.8 to 3.4. To be fair it’s not just the 5:2 as I have been taking plant sterols for a while. This is the lowest my cholesterol has been for years. My Mum and Grandmother died from heart related problems, so I am well chuffed. Will be doing this WOL for life.
    Still alcohol and sweet free.

We are so much stronger together 💪💪💪💪💪💪

Day 25, Emden Germany, NFD

2nd post

@molij what a great result! Congratulations!

2nd post

Just wanted to thank each and every one of you for wishing me well with upcoming cardio tests. I am a bit nervous, but hopeful that I don’t have a heart problem. Logging in here and seeing all your supportive messages really, truly, makes me feel so much better. Thanks 🤗

@molij super about the cholesterol. Well done.
    @debster251 Hope the OMAD works for you. I am trying to mix things up too, was supposed to be liquid only today, but kept to below 500 instead and await tomorrow’s weigh in with anticipation. Maybe my body was getting used to liquid only 🤔

Day 25, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Hello all, mid afternoon, nothing but coffee and green tea so far. Will have a controlled evening. Last night I was really hungry but I managed to handle that by eating high volume but not overly high calorie food. Half an apple (split with hubby), big mixed green salad with just pomegranate red wine vinegar and a splash of olive oil, leftover homemade cranberry/orange/pecan muffin from Sunday morning breakfast. Worked out fine – will probably do something similar tonight (definitely the big salad, that is most nights).

Wishing all well (and particularly you, Daffodil)..

Day 26/NFD/Melbourne AUSTRALIA

Day 25 – West Midlands, UK – NFD

lots of driving today, and payday takeout so well over TDEE – c’est la vie

@awilson I track in Sparkpeople.com which is an American based site and they mention Trader Joes Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper soup, so I am guessing that would be pretty similar (and 2 cups of that was what I used in the nutrition calculator as it was the same calories as a can of the Sainsbury’s soup :))

Trying to decide whether to have B2B FDs tomorrow and Friday. Maybe.

Laters

Day 25 Lancaster, PA US PA

Having a good FD 😊 trying to stay away from food, away from the kitchen and drinking lots of water. I do feel better while fasting, less congestion less aches and pains.☺️
    @strawberriesandcream Glad your OH is doing well enough to be discharged from the hospital. Sounds like you had a lovely evening together.✨Thank-you for your kind thoughts. Sending a big 🤗Hug back at you😊 I am feeling less anxious and slightly more optimistic about the next few years.
    @at Thank-you! 🤗 A Hug to you!✨ Your words of encouragement ring true as doing what I can of the PiYo work out is better than not doing it at all. ✨😊 I’ve been doing more Yoga Sun Salutes and walking, to help prepare for the PiYo work out.😊
    @sirisan Praying ✨🙏✨ that your brother continues to become healthier. Thank-you for the info, I will check out Chair Yoga and Ageless Grace. I can do the Chair Yoga on Days my knee and tendons are sore.
    @coda I always enjoy reading your posts. I’m looking forward to your posts to come.🤗
    @at🤗 “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow” I resemble that remark.😊Thanks again for your insights.😊
    @lynned @anna6 @metatauta Thank-you for your kind wishes!😊 I’m glad to hear about @chitowngal Wishing her well.
    @missybear I think you have something about the cold shift in the weather causing low moods. Also I realized I need to take my perfectionism, about what I do and how things work out, down a notch or so. I just realized, I don’t have to have all the answers, even though it is scary for me.😊
    @cipher1971 So sorry about Ting. 😢 🤗Hugs to you and your family. Warmest wishes that you and your family will be feeling better soon.

✨✨You are here, you are trying, that’s all that matters!👍✨✨✨🤜🏻✨🤛🏻✨✨✨✨
    ✨✨✨✨🤝 Together We Are Stronger.🤝✨✨✨🌈✨✨

second post

I seem to be going to manage a liquid fast today. Yay! I am drinking a cup of cinnamon tea in bed and I am too tired to stay awake much longer. It has been a long day. But very productive. We got lots of the winter covers onto the rabbit hutches. This required a surprising amount of lifting as the roofs needed to be removed and lined with silver bubblewrap for insulation. It was supposed to be my day to do homework before my Russian class but it was a lovely day and the forecast is to get colder at the weekend and we were behind getting them done because it was so wet last week and we have had a lot of repairs to do on a lot of the hutches which took time. We aim to get them nice and cozy by the time the clocks change. So more to do tomorrow and Saturday, then that should be it. Once the clocks change it becomes a race everyday to get all the work done in the time available, especially if the weather mucks about.

The new bucks have all been neutered now and the first has a companion already. He and Henry took to each other straight away. I have also taken in another three rabbits. Space is getting rather tight. I need to do quite a bit more match making. But someone stuck Art under my nose and told me his story of being passed around repeatedly and I couldn’t say no. Luckily the two new does have taken him in and he is acting more like a Cheshire Cat than the sad scared little fellow who arrived on Sunday. He tried to attack them at first, I could tell it was fear aggression. But they were perfect with him and he soon calmed down when all they did was kiss him. It was as if they were reassuring him. Lovely 🙂 All the hard work is worth it when I see the expressions on their faces change like that.

Day 26 | Sydney Australia | B2B2B2B FD

Yesterday I had a few cups of coffee with unsweetened almond milk through the day, some miso soup in the afternoon, then when I got home I made chicken noodle soup.

The chicken noodle soup was basically some onion and garlic fried in a small saucepan (no oil, I used a little bit of chicken stock instead). Then a couple of cups of chicken stock, some green beans, mushroom, and tomato. A couple of bay leaves, a couple of slices of fresh ginger, some random dried herbs, a few fresh basil leaves and a little pepper as well, and simmer for about 10 minutes. When the vegetables started to get tender I added about 130 grams of skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces, and half a packet of slendier noodles. I gave it a couple more minutes for the chicken to just cook through and it was ready to serve.

I really enjoyed it and I will make it again. I’m going to try making a version for my kids with regular noodles and see if they will eat it.

It made 2 big bowls. I sat down with a pen and paper and calculated that it was only 250 calories (I weighed all the ingredients with electronic scales and looked up their calorie counts)…. so I had a choc chip muesli bar (about 120 calories) as well. Under 500 calories for the day.

Day 25 NFD St. Louis USA
    All my best to all of you.

Day 26 – Japan – NFD 83.0kg

My bronchitis lingers but besides the coughing I feel good. Yesterday I overeat a bit. I really disliked the slightly over-full feeling.

It is impressive seeing more people taking fasting very seriously.

Day 26, Norway… NFD (FD moved to tomorrow)

Yesterday was a CD until 7pm… Ben&Jerry’s happened…omg… since I had my dentist appointment I hadn’t eaten all day, no breakfast, no lunch…just a small fish-supper and Ben&Jerry’s… doesn’t count as FD or CD, but still under my TDEE (1030kcal for 500ml Ben&Jerry’s)
    Definitely did not like the feeling after too much ice cream, not going to happen anytime soon. I will not eat until 5pm today, at our Steak House downtown, I don’t know how much kcal a 200gr steak + pommes noisettes + béarnaise sauce will be, but I must guess below 1600 kcals, right?

Will skip my weigh-in until tuesday 🙂

Day 26 UK NFD

151.2 lbs this morning, so have lost most of that nasty upwards blip. Strangely I still feel bloated. Perhaps that means I will be able to shift the last bit and get under 150 lbs this month. Then I’ll have a few days to get it to stay under so I really feel that I have achieved it rather than just made a brief acquaintance with it by the ninth. Then I can learn to maintain.

There was a woman about my age on the train last night looking really uncomfortable and struggling to move. That was me last year. I am so pleased that I have done this 🙂 Thin feels so much better than anything tastes.

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Had a less than 500 calorie FD yesterday and dropped two pounds. So at last I am back to my low weight of 143 after the weekends massive 6 pound gain (mostly water weight I would say due to how quickly I gained and lost). Still, lesson to be learned here …… Stop bingeing at the weekend!!!

I was all go for liquid only fasts when it seemed they were shifting huge amounts of weight, but then it slowed down the last couple of weeks, so now I will mix it up with normal FD’s, and maybe an OMAD on Friday. Would love to see a shift below 143 fir the weekend…..and maybe, maybe, see goal of 140 for end of month?

@fatrabbit you are so right, thin does feel better. I too often see women who would have been me a few months ago and it’s sad to see them look uncomfortable. I won’t get complacent though, this WOL must continue. 😊
    @big-bill love that recipe fir chicken noodle soup. Cooking a chicken tonight so will keep some of the meat to make that soup for tomorrow evenings FD meal, using Konjac noodles

@debster251 special mention to you, and fingers crossed for you dropping below the 150’s 👍

DAY 26 – UK – FD

Sorry for not posting for the past 10 days. Have been in Cornwall for a week and no wifi in our lodge to plug in my laptop. Had a wonderful time and missed most of the bad weather – even managed to lay on a beach (in walking gear mind you) under a blue sky!!! Busy since I got back and very stressed as the results of hubbies biopsy and scan have still not come thru He rang the hospital yesterday and was told it was still on the waiting to do pile! (What a pity we cannot afford private health insurance – that stopped when we retired.)

I have to accept that this is another maintain month for me….two holidays but only 1lb.gained, so hope to lose that by month end. I am running out of time fast to achieve my end of year goal of 140lb….it must be done! Good luck all.

Day 26 UK NFD

How did we get to day 26? Time is going so quickly. @fatrabbit, love your bunny stories. You understand them so well. I was also that struggling woman 6 months ago. I keep reminding myself how far I’ve come and how much further I need to get.
    @jarbia, the NHS is wonderful but sometimes it’s not that great at letting us know the important things. I hope you get the results you want and soon.
    @big-bill, you’re recipes always sound really tasty.
    @okeydokey, wishing you well- you’re so supportive of us all, know that support is appreciated and offered back to you.

Thank you to everyone for your kind wishes, I’m determined not to go back to where I was earlier this year & I think a few of us in the Northern hemisphere are struggling with the winter coming on – fortunately I’m off to the Southern Hemisphere soon for a few weeks.

Last night I had a recipe from the latest Tesco magazine- gnocchi with crab and chilli with low fat creme fraiche. It was lovely and comforting to eat – I was probably a bit too heavy on the chilli as usual, but according to the recipe only 292 cals per serving – My FD main meals list for Winter is growing. I need to sit down and plan my weeks’ meals in future so I’m not defaulting to the same things all the time.

Happy Thursday everyone, must go to work, someone’s got to earn a living now the old man is hanging up his boots (well until the New Year) . Happy Thursday, keep the faith.

Day 26 Belfast NFD

DS led me astray yesterday evenIng with a bag of Halloween sweets, which of course I confess I ate. Didn’t even give it a thought.☹️

@at I checked our local cinema, which hosts theatre and some opera, but sadly no ballet.☹️
    @LynnD after last night’s blowout, I’m now 2lbs from that goal. We can do this!
    @saffy420 – sometimes, after months of control, I think we can get tired of constant monitoring. Last year I took a 9 week break, just did 16:8, no scales and no calorie counting. I only put on a pound, which delighted me. Enjoy your holiday, and come back refreshed, ready to start again, but we Missy Bear says, just be careful you don’t go backwards! Xo
    @metatauta – good to see you. thanks for the information about @Chitowngirl. Please give her my best wishes.
    @Redrockgirl – when are you off? If I’m right, you’re off to Europe. We pop to different cities regularly. It’s cheap and fast and we travel light and think nothing of it. We went to Canada a few years ago and I worried for a month and packed far too many clothes. We did have a great time though. You’ll enjoy every moment.
    @in-it-to-thin Happy belated Birthday 🍰 if I have treats in the house, I eat them. So next month, nothing sweet will pass this door!
    @molij congratulations on your great stats and you self control! I’ve lost the sugar battle 🙁 but will start again next month.

I’m off to see Beautiful with some girlfriends tonight. Looking forward to it.

Have a good day everyone.

Day 26, Newcastle UK, CD

Yesterday’s FD wasn’t. Humph!

It’s a bit drastic but decided I need some additional motivation, so last night booked a cruise for January. Whilst I have been diligent with my new exercise regime (which I’m really enjoying), I need to get my act into gear re fasting. And OH is so looking forward to wearing shorts with his now matching straight legs.

@jarbia – thinking of you and your hubby – easier said than done, but try not to worry.
    @debster251 – enjoy Beautiful. We saw it in London in February. It’s fantastic!

Best wishes to all.

Day 26, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

Feeling ok today but I realise I’ve been slacking on the water, dragon drowning is something I have to push myself to do ………….. Why can I eat mindlessly, but need to schedule an alarm on my phone in order to drink water every hour????

I know we need water more than food in order to survive (I think they say, you die after 3mins without air, 3days without water & 3weeks without food – personally I reckon I’ve got fat stores for a good 3months!!!!)

@coda, I hope all is well with you and if you need help to pull you out of that pit, or hoist you back onto that wagon, you know we’re ALL here for you!!!!

@In it to thin it – I only have one solution for escaping the treat cupboard – when locking the kitchen door doesn’t work, when locking myself away doesn’t work, when stepping on the scale & acknowledging just how far I’ve come doesn’t work, when calling friends & family to ‘talk’ at 2am doesn’t work (who can’t eat AND talk??) and when I just KNOW that bowl of carrots or cucumber or baby plum tomatoes isn’t going to cut it……………………………. I run shouting & screaming from the house (internally of course), I walk off the temptation, the distance helps and the exertion just makes me thirsty for water……. It’s a win, win situation!!

@molij, congrats on the cholesterol results, I think we sometimes lose sight of the benefits of this WOL…………. Of course weight eradication trumps EVERYTHING in my book LOL, but that’s because it’s been the burden I’ve literally been carrying my whole adult life!!! Although secondary (to me) I’ll take every one of those added benefits to my health particularly where that evil soul sucking Alzheimers is concerned!! I completely forgot about Sober October, I really haven’t missed it, but now you mention it I could murder a glass of red – at 10am no less!!! The power of suggestion, I wish I was that suggestible with cauliflower!!!!!!!!!

@dykask, glad to hear you’re on the mend

@saffy420, so tomorrows the big day…………. I guess that chocolate & strawberry celebratory retirement cake will appear on a NFD??

We’re nearly there and goals may or may not be met but stay strong everyone and remember………………….

“If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer’

Day 27 London NFD

Day 26 North Wales FD

Hoping for a good fast day today.

Starting a *****Pocket List of Fasters****** Together we are Stronger 💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

@molij
    @big_bill
    @jarbia
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802

Hope I have not left anyone out.

Day 26…..Florida…..FD

Just a quick post this morning…… it chilly here this morning and I did not want to get out of my nice warm bed. Although, I’m thankful for some cooler weather. The weather man said last night, it’s been 253 days since our last cool down. That’s a hell of a lot of hot weather. Today, I’m wearing long jeans and long sleeve shirt, oh and my flip flops! Oh yeah, I’m a Florida girl…….

Another FD for me, I’m really trying to get them under control right now.

I saw a little stiletto of a man, he’s on the loose, he’s on the loose carrying a can of fandango!

Day 26, S. Wales, FD

Joining the pocket list for a FD today:

@molij
    @big_bill
    @jarbia
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802
    @lynned

Hope it’s a good FD for all!

Day 26, UK, NFD

4th day in a row of early starts and getting into the gym.
    Helping massively with my appetite (exercise suppresses my appetite) and my mood. And even better, I am at an all time low in terms of the number reflected on the scale!

The way I’m going, I’ll be close to that 4lb weight loss target for the month (bonus!)

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 1,507 total)

You must be logged in to reply.