October 2017 31 day challenge.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2017 31 day challenge.

This topic contains 1,500 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  Mia139 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 1,507 total)

• Day 26 Peterborough UK NFD
    Well on route to Southampton to join our ship P & O Britannia ๐Ÿ˜ 15 days of food drink and rest. I’ll check in when internet allows. 3 days to Madeira then 5 days to the Caribbean. Wonder what I’ll weigh when I get back.๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Day 26 Akron OH FD.

@molij congrats!! That is huge

@bigbill thanks for sharing your chicken noodle recipe. I will try it out one of these days, the cooler weather and warm soup goes well together.

@stevetoon enjoy your cruise, you have earned it.

keep on keeping on, and have a great day everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 26 California FD?

Iโ€™ve been traveling for business the past couple days and eating too much. But trying for a FD today.

Day 26, FD, USA

Chilly day here in FL! It was actually warmer, not cooler, walking into the office this morning from outside. I think I’ve fully acclimatised…

Keep at it Saffy – look how far you’ve come! But your second post did seem to be more upbeat than your first so I’m hoping you’ve emerged from your slump – we’ve all been there – and re-ready to embrace this WOL.

Day 26, Gozo Malta, nfd

Strawberriesandcrwam it’s good to look forward to a cruise in January. You’ll enjoy yourself and keeps you motivated.

This morning I weighted at 66 kilos. Still a healthy bmi but far from 64.7 kilos I saw sometime this month. I had a stomach ache and it might have been liquid loss only. I’m stil about half a kilo less then the beginning of October.

This afternoon and evening I babysit my grandson Benjamin as my youngest daughter is on call at the hospital.

Onwards and downstairs. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Feeling down today.

My dad aged 96 is fading fast. How can I feel so sorry for me when that seems so selfish.

Mari

Day 26 – SW WA USA – FD

@Maayaa – ice-cream & Norwegians? During the summer of 1996 we spent 6 weeks in Norway. It seemed to me that Norwegians enjoyed a lot of ice-cream. Any statistics on if they eat more than other places? Just curious.

@jarbia – good job in only going up 1 lb after 2 holidays!

@steve toon taxi driver – enjoy your cruise!

I see @strawberriesandcream you’ve booked a cruise for January. Sounds wonderful.

Speaking of trips, my son and I are just booking a week get-away to Peru in February. Something to look forward to in the winter. It’s been a stressful couple of weeks at my job & it was nice to plan something positive. I’m so glad to be 45 lbs or so lighter than I was, and perhaps get a few more pounds dispatched before then.

Joining the pocket list for a FD today 10/26:

@molij
    @big_bill
    @jarbia
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802
    @lynned
    @annemarilyn

2nd post –

@rainbowsmile – I’m sorry your dad is fading fast. No matter their age, it’s still hard. Sending hugs across the miles.

Day 26 – USA (UT visiting) – CD

Not sure I can get in a FD this week due to extra exercising, but today was going to be one. I will make it an 800 calorie day.

@steve toon — enjoy your cruise! It will be good to get a first-hand report of your Caribbean islands, depending on what ones you go to after all the hurricane damage. We have been to many of them, and it was sad to see the destruction on some of our favorite ones.

@rainbowsmile — yes, it is difficult to see our older parents fading. Hugs to you.

@molij – lowering your cholesterol is excellent! yeah for you and our WOL. Krill oil has worked for me to lower my triglycerides as well. I started taking fish oil then krill long before I went on 5:2 in March 2016. I still do the krill

@big_bill — that chicken soup recipe sounds wonderful. If I really want to get to that low a calorie soup, I will make something like that. Those noodles sound perfect although I am not sure they sell them in my grocery. I see I could order slendier noodles from Amazon if I wanted to buy 6 packages for $18.00. I will check my store at home, but they do have a wide variety of low-carb offerings.

Silver Sneakers for me today. Onward and downward!

Second post
    @Strawberriesand cream going anywhere nice on your cruise? I guess somewhere warm. Hope OH enjoys showing off his lovely legs!
    @rainbowsmile – this time two years ago I was in that position with my mum. Treasure every minute and share lots of love while you have the opportunity.

Day 26 – USA – NFD

Great FD yesterday, 455 cals. Fried 2 cups of fresh brussel sprouts with olive oil cooking spray, minced onion, garlic, salt, chili garlic sauce, pepper and oregano for dinner. Delicious. @saffy420 and Big_Bill, I concur that planning is key to a successful FD! Great soup recipe; I’ll have to try it with konjac noodles. @jarbia, here’s hoping your OH’s results are good. @redrockgirl302, enjoy your vakay! @inittothinit, I don’t remember if I wished you a happy birthday! Hope it was memorable! @molij, wonderful to see the benefits of 5:2 as well as weight dispatch! @msraven, good to see you so motivated! @SteveToon, I’m waving at you and wife on the P&O Britannia!! @rainbowsmile, the recent circumstance of your marriage and now your impending loss of your dad must seem unbearable, but please know that many of us can empathize and sympathize! ((hugs)) @annemarilyn and @Strawberriesandcream, exciting to hear of your vakay plans! Makes me want to get away, but maybe not until spring.

Day 26 FD Canada

Just about to catch up reading everyones posts- it’s been a while since I logged in.
    My maintenance month is going really well. I am hovering around the same weight, 59kg despite some big eating days. The wonderful thing about this WOL is that there is no feeling like its a fail when those days happen. I love the fast days and can’t imagine not having at least one a week.

Have a great day!

Day 26, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

NFD today but controlled.

@fatrabbit: Love your bunny stories. Thank you for taking care of so many animals! ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡

@debster251: I am leaving Sunday morning, arriving Monday at noon. About 24 hours of traveling from my house to the rented apartment in Vienna. At least I don’t have to worry about house, garden and dog as my DH will take care of all. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a good Thursday everyone! ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ

Day 26 country west Australia FD
    Managed to do a b2b by default. The mojo is BAAAACCCCCKKKKK! ( at least for now!)
    Haven’t managed to undo all the damage of a week’s serious overindulgence but well on the way.
    Will try for a very CD tomorrow ( starts in half an hour as it is 11.30pm WA time.)
    It is interesting that sometimes the less I eat the less I feel like eating.
    Wish it was a little more often.
    Managed to go to the bakery today and bypass all the goodies and just have a coffee with a salad sandwich.
    Also managed to have just one single solitary Malteser with my after dinner cup of tea – whilst DH had many many more.
    Feeling very virtuous! Goodnight all.
    Bring on tomorrow!

Day 26 Wales FD

FD is progressing well. Boiled egg and apple for breakfast, cottage cheese and cauliflower for lunch and looking forward to a salmon fillet with broccoli for dinner. I’m finding it more of an effort to drink water now that its colder, better go and make a mug of ginger tea.

@fatrabbit – loved to hear about the happy bunnies.

Hope all Thursday fasters are feeling strong. So glad to have your company. Take care everyone x

Day 26 London UK
    FD today after disastrous day yesterday. It was a NFD and had friends for lunch. Lunch fine but when they left I ate about a million breadsticks, which I donโ€™t even like, then loads of bread and butter, then some cheese, then chocolate which I donโ€™t particularly like either. Why????????? Oh and then I drank about a gallon of white wine. Just to be sure I got enough calories down me. Aaaaargh.
    FD today. Bit shamefaced.

Day 26, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 26 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Iโ€™m tired today from all my running around, not a good day to fast but tomorrow, no excuses!!
    @cipher1971 – Thanks for the Trader Joeโ€™s tip, I will check it out!!
    @fatrabbit – I think you rabbits could teach people a thing or two. How is the blind guinea pig getting along?
    @steve toon taxi driver – Sounds like fun, enjoy. ๐Ÿ›ณ
    @redrockgirl302 – Enjoy Vienna โœˆ๏ธ

Day 27 Gold Coast CD

Had a great LFD yesterday, 3 cups of white tea and lots of water. We spent much of the day in the garden, tidying up and mulching for the summer. We also topped up our raised veggie garden so off to the nursery to get seedlings tomorrow. Yum! I get lots of satisfaction from the garden, and if my aches and pains are anything to go by, lots of exercise as well.

I didn’t find it difficult to be active on a LFD, although it was quite hot so really aware of keeping up water intake. And to top it all off, hit my October target on the scales this morning. Now I just have to maintain with some careful CD.

@lilymartin, I also find that it is easier to eat less when I’m eating less – if that makes any sense. FD are much easier for me than CD. I don’t know that I could just eat one Malteser, its much easier to have none. Go you!

Day 26 – FD
    Day 27 – NFD Brisbane, Australia

Thanks for all the interesting posts. I love catching up on everyoneโ€™s lives around the world. Good to hear of all your successes. For those of you who are experiencing some hard times, my thoughts are with you. It is wonderful to know we are not alone on this journey.

Today I celebrate 33 years of marriage to the love of my life. We are off to the coast for 3 nights, with dinner out tonight at an Italian restaurant, so I am fully expecting to dive off the wagon today…cโ€™est la vie. Again, that is the beauty of this WOL, I know I can go back to fasting next week….but for today (and this weekend) I am going to enjoy some indulgences.

I am looking forward to lots of walks on the beach so hopefully that will undo some of the damage ๐Ÿ˜Š

DISCIPLINE, NOT DESIRE DETERMINES YOUR DESTINATION

Day 27 | Sydney Australia | B2B2B2B2B FD (so far)

Day 5 of my crazy week, where I got to Wednesday and wondered what it would be like to keep fasting until Friday. Well, it’s Friday.

I weighed myself this morning and I’d gained back a kilo. I’m back at the weight I was at the start of the week.

I thought back over what I’d eaten the day before. I had a cup of Laksa soup made from a powdered mix in the afternoon, I had a double serving of mushroom soup when I got home from work (from a long-life tetra pack) and I followed that up with a chicken and black bean sauce stir fry (with konjac noodles and lots of low-calorie vegetables). I figure I got about a week’s worth of salt in one day.

I’m also taking NSAIDs after I strained my back doing one set of light (only 15 kg) deadlifts on Monday. They cause fluid retention.

I might break my fast later today, I think I’ve already proved to myself that I can do it.

@fatrabbit so you have sent 100 pounds away in one year? I have been following your journey since I joined this forum in January and your results have been amazing. So happy for you.
    We all follow this protocol one day at a time. For some it is a faster journey and for others only a pound or two a month. Whatever, the results are positive.
    We all cheer each other on and that is such a huge incentive.
    Congratulations. We are all stronger for sharing.

Day 27 – Japan – FD 82.6kg

Year 2, FD #2

Having lots of problems because of a teenage daughter seriously misbehaving. The stress is horrible.

Day 27 NFD country West Australia
    To all those whose mojo has gone into hiding, I lost mine for ages but FINALLY it is back!! ( I think I have said that before but this time it is keeping me on track.)๐Ÿ˜
    After a week of eating about a year’s calories in 9 days I have lost 2 of the gained kgs and looking forward to dropping more.๐Ÿ˜‚
    @okeydokey- strive to be as excellent as you can be in the circumstances, not perfect.๐Ÿ˜‡
    I work in Aged Care and couldn’t believe your post! I had taken a Chair Yoga class with the residents on Wednesday and looked up Ageless Grace to do a class next Monday. Then I read your post – what a coincidence!๐Ÿค”
    @daffodil2010 and @jarbia‘s OH – good luck with your tests and test results – will be thinking of you๐Ÿ™
    @molij congratulations on your good results!๐Ÿ‘
    @Inittothinit – I really empathise. Have been there most of October BUT finally came to my senses on Monday when my clothes started to get really tight again. Got back to drinking LOTS of water – I slosh when I move!๐Ÿฅ›( couldn’t find a glass of water so milk will have to do!!)
    and back to thinking ‘ Do I want it ? Yes I do!! Will I have it? NO I won’t !!’๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค
    I have to be quite strict re food choices to make headway with weight loss.๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฅ‘
    @saffy420 – your mojo WILL come back. Patience my friend. I was bouncing around on a plateau for 16 WEEKS!!!!๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜…โœŒ๏ธ
    @at I really appreciate the time and effort you put into your comments and support๐Ÿ‘
    @big_bill I am going to make your soup for lunch. ๐Ÿฒ
    And all I can say is WOW!!!! for your 5 day fast. I am IMPRESSED!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    @dykask, glad to hear your bronchitis is slowly improving. Sorry to hear of your injury with weights.๐Ÿ€
    @fatrabbit, I enjoy reading your posts about the rabbits and the work you do. ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡
    However I read with ambivalent feelings. We are farmers who suffered a rabbit plague on our block and they really affected the fragile environment . Rabbits ate 1000s of little trees that we had planted by hand.๐Ÿ˜”
    @flourbaby, I think we are very similar! Many of your posts resonate with me. I find myself thinking ‘oh yes!’ that’s what I do/ how I feel. Twins across the globe!๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿ‘ฉ
    @msraven congrats on your weight loss. Weight to go! ( I always wanted to start a health club called that!) ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    @stevetoon – envious doesn’t begin to say how I feel about your cruise. Enjoy!! ๐Ÿ›ณ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿบ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿฐ
    My sister is currently cruising somewhere around the south of France and having the best time. She said the food is to die for. ๐Ÿน๐Ÿจ๐Ÿน๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ–๐Ÿฐ
    Funnily enough she started 5:2 some months ago after I told her about it. She lost 9 kgs in anticipation of the cruise.
    Given my last week’s excess I think if I went on a cruise they would have to hoist me off!! Nuff said. ๐Ÿ”ฎ
    @rainbowsmile, sorry to hear about your father. Even though he has made it to a very good age nevertheless it is always sad and difficult when our parents’ health declines. Thoughts and prayers for you. You have had a bad year in many ways but at least this community is here to support you.๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
    @annemarilyn – 45 lbs loss , WOW!!! super effort.๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ‘โœŒ๏ธ
    @bellyblast well done on maintenance ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒน
    @Redrockgirl- again, envious of your trip to Vienna. Went to Vienna many years ago and had Mozart’s balls! ( not my favourite) but the Sacher tortes……! ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฐ
    @EmmaTAylor – IMHO it’s a brain thing!!!! if you are anything like me. I lose a bit of weight and then my brain ( NOT me !!!) thinks I can eat things I normally wouldn’t in amounts I normally wouldn’t.
    I sometimes have to have a very stern talk with my brain! ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿž๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ•
    @omcd congratualtions on reaching goal for October. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’
    Your veggie garden sounds fab. Hoping to start one here as soon as I get rid of the tigers which may be lurking in the backyard. Well the weeds are about a metre high and who knows what might be there.๐Ÿ…๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฑ
    @Aljornsaza – congratulations on 33 years of marriage. That is fantastic these days. ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ’•
    I LOVE the Gold Coast – especially Burleigh. We have stayed there several times and had the best time.
    And I so agree with DISCIPLINE not desire makes the DESTINATION. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ
    Whew!! what a mammoth effort. Just waiting for a tradie so had plenty of time to read and write . Not something that usually happens.
    Have a good day all to fasters and non-fasters and mojo-ers and lost mojo-ers alike.
    Together we are a SENSATIONAL BRILLIANT group of people. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€
    Wow. This has taken almost 2 hours ( trade has arrived meanwhile!)

Day 26 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Going to try the OMAD option for today’s FD. DH is off on the motorcycle this chilly, foggy morning and won’t be back until later this evening so I have promised him a nice chicken and chick pea stir fry for dinner. I will join him in that. Otherwise I would have gone for a liquid only FD today to move the scales down for the weekend.

Sure, we will see what tomorrow may bring. Keep on keeping on. We are the best motivation we could have ๐Ÿค—

Day27 UK NFD

Itโ€™s Day 27 altready. I have the day off work today, so started with a nice medium Americano and usual Friday treat of croissant. Apologies to everyone for being down in the dumps. I know my motivation is still there, itโ€™s just playing hide and seek at the minute. The support from everyone is amazing.

So no more miserable me! Out with dogs later for a long walk then hairdressers for a pick me up. Looks like itโ€™s going to be a beautiful day here In Cheshire. I met a work colleague yesterday that I havenโ€™t seen for several months. She just looked at me and her jaw dropped. Her first words were wow you look completely different, you,must be so proud. It certainly put a spring in my step and brought a tear to my eye. Itโ€™s lovely when people give you such positive reinforcement. You guys do this every day.

Have a great Friday everyone. Keep the faith. ๐Ÿ™ Namaste.

Day 27, London, UK, NFD

So, Iโ€™ve been contemplating on how to describe yesterdaysโ€™ FD?……………… Well, you see, there was this doughnutโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.enough said!!!!!!

@lilymartin, I read, then had to re-read the wordsโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. โ€˜managed to have just one single solitary Malteaserโ€™,โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ but I have NO idea what you mean!!! One bag maybe!!! โ€“ I suppose I would be the greedy twin then!!!! LOL!!

@emma Taylor, no shame, weโ€™ve all been there, done that & bought the โ€˜Tโ€™ shirt. The best advice I can give you is to become overly generousโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Keep a small & reasonable amount for yourself (not for tomorrow or next week, โ€˜cause itโ€™ll be gone before bed!!!) then give the rest away to your guests, whether they like it or not, shame them into taking it!!!!

Congratulations @aljomisaza, Your weekend will be fantastic and memorable, back on the wagon next week!!

@rainbowsmile, thinking of you during this stressful time, I know itโ€™s so hard, but there is hope for the future.

@saffy420, Just the boost to your confidence that you needed, words eally are so powerful……… we should all use them for good not evil!!! I hope your husband enjoys this transition into retirement; after all, those jobs around the house wonโ€™t do themselves!!!!!!!

Well, I’m off to Pilates soon, that should work off the doughnut calories (?) (maybe over 48hrs nonstop!!!) anyway, no looking back…………. Onwards & Downwards everyone!!!!

Day 27 North Wales NFD

Very successful FD yesterday. Spent some time going through my wardrobe trying on clothes and feeling good. When I started this WOL at the beginning of June I could only get into stretchy black trousers. I can now get into everything. Some things are a bit tight still. I think another half a stone and I will be thinking about maintenance. I am never going to be that heavy again. I am determined to keep it off.

Looking forward to Wednesday when I can have a glass of wine. I could not be teetotal, but I think this WOL has prompted me to drink less. I would love to say I feel better for drinking less, but I have noticed no difference.

@steve toon taxi driver, I hope you have a fabulous cruise. Donโ€™t worry about the weight gain you will soon lose it when you get home.

@rainbowsmile sending you a massive hug ๐Ÿค—

@lilymartin congratulations on your b2b

@dykask sending you a big hug ๐Ÿค— too. Teenagers can be so demanding.

@saffy402 a compliment does fabulous things to our self esteem ๐Ÿ˜€

Remember – Together we are Stronger ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช

Have a good day everyone ๐Ÿ˜€

Day 27, Newcastle UK, NFD

@bellyblast – good to hear things are going well with you – congratulations.
    @saffy420 – and good to hear you are feeling brighter than a few days ago.
    @Inittothinit – My tips/tricks to get back in control? a) ban the alcohol (failing miserably right now) b) have plenty of events to look forward to. I’m out for lunch with a friend next Friday and have another coming to stay in two weeks time. I’m counting on my vanity to kick in and get me back on track. Belated birthday greetings – I think you kept quiet at the time ๐Ÿ™‚
    @annemarilyn – lovely to have your trip to Peru to look forward to.
    @debster251 – we are hoping for some warmth as our cruise is around The Canaries, Madeira and Morocco. That blue bikini is beckoning…..
    Sending a big hug @rainbowsmile x
    Sounds like your self-sabotage dragon took advantage @emma Taylor. Now that it is satiated – hopefully it will sleep soundly for a long time.
    Congratulations @aljomisaza – best wishes to you and your Husband for a very happy anniversary break.
    @big_bill – I bet there’s a Whoosh heading your way this weekend!
    Yay @lilymartin – your mojo is well and truly back ๐Ÿ™‚

Better get dressed – got to be at a job in 25 minutes!!

Have a good Friday folks – together we are stronger.

Day 25 Massachusetts USA NFD
    Day 26 Massachusetts USA NFD
    Day 27 Massachusetts USA FD I’ll only end up with 5 FD’s this month but lots of CD’s. I guess I’m in maintenance. I’ve been nowhere near a scale but clothes fit and I feel good. @aljomisaza Happy Anniversary! ๐Ÿท

Day 27 Southampton UK NFD.
    @songbirdme st Martin’s and Dominica have been cancelled off our itinerant.
    Feel like I’m imposing on peoples hardship and grief. Sad time to be going but hey hoe life goes on. Well started with a full English breakfast lol feels so wrong.

Day 27 Wales NFD

I haven’t eaten sugary foods (except red wine), refined carbs or starchy veg since July and I’m now surprised that I really don’t want them, I’ve just lost the taste for them. I know @flourbaby its a revelation for me too! OH commented yesterday that I no longer become demon woman if I miss a meal and he is right – I no longer get the shakes and emotional feelings I used to get when I get hungry. I must have had more of a blood sugar issue than I realised.

Beautiful sunshine today and I’ve got that Friday feeling – looking forward to the weekend. Have a good day everyone.

Day 27, S.Wales, FD
    Small downward shift on the scales, so I’m motivated to try another FD today. Yesterday’s LFD went well, but one of those liquids was a large glass of white wine….oops!

Day 27……Florida…..FD

Yesterday, was not as good as I wanted it to be. Being Halloween month and candy just sitting around yelling have me…. I just couldnโ€™t! So I ate them! Ugg! Letโ€™s try it again today!

I did end up going to bed at 9pm and managed to sleep 9 solid hours. I feel better this morning. I havenโ€™t been sleeping all that well lately, so Iโ€™m hoping that this does the trick and my patterns adjust back to normal.

When I venture home from work tonight. I will be the only one home until late, so dinner will be just me and if I am a good girl at lunch. This day could turn out to be a solid FD. My weight has stayed the same all month, so shifting a lb or two the last week would not be a bad thing.

Iโ€™m sorry, Iโ€™m a bit behind in the post department, hoping to get caught up this weekend.

I saw a little stiletto of a man, heโ€™s on the loose, heโ€™s on the loose carrying a can of fandango!

Day 27 Akron OH FD. Reasonable week so far, I am tweaking my eating plan as I go along, trying to find what works for me. I canโ€™t wait to see what the scales reveal this week. I chew a lot of gum and I am always burping; the burping really annoys my 15 year old – which brings me some joy I have to admit.
    My sympathies @dykask, I love my girls but something happens in the teen years that turns previously โ€œsugar and spice and everything nice little girlsโ€ into devilโ€™s spawn. Same thing happened with me when I was a teen so canโ€™t complain too much, but I truly feel your pain. Try not to stress- this too shall pass.
    @fatrabbit you are a rock star! 100 pounds in a year? Wow!!
    @aljomisaza congrats on 33 years with your OH. That is definitely worth celebrating.
    @emma Taylor you are not alone, I have done the same thing so many times, I have lost count. One bad decision leads to another โ€ฆ.then another.
    @big_bill congratulations on making it to Day 5. The human body is amazing, the less we eat, the less we crave, and the better we feel.
    @saffy420 thank you for sharing. That put a smile on my face, what a testament to all your hard work. Sometimes we get a little down on ourselves because we are so focused on where we want to be, that we forget how far we have come.
    I am just grateful for you all and for the encouragement I have come to depend on through this forum. I wish I could host next month, but I am prepping to take a certification exam. I hope someone else is able to take the reins and keep the train moving.

Have a Great Weekend everyone

Day 27 UK NFD

I am rather disgusted with myself again as I ate an entire block of cheese again last night. And weight is back up above eleven stone again. Still I do need to put this in perspective, I am trying to lose vanity weight now as I saw someone phrase it. My mistake was buying the cheese, I know I can’t be trusted with it. I suspect that will never change.

Little blind piggie (her name is Pom Pom) is holding her own in the stable but isn’t quite at home in there as of yet. She still has a wet bottom every time I pick her up which I suspect is caused by scar tissue mis directing the urine and that there isn’t anything that will fix it. I will have to keep her fur well trimmed so the wetness doesn’t sit against her skin and make it sore. And monitor her for bladder infections and urine retention too. She certainly gets about well. She was surprisingly hard to catch for her antibiotic injection yesterday. I will feel happier about her being in there once I see her at the water bottle. They get fed a lot of grass and wet veg so they don’t actually drink much, but still I would like to be confident she can find it for herself if she wants it.

We lost an old rabbit last night and I have just buried him. I had been expecting it. He was happy right up until his last day which is the best way. Yesterday he was still rummaging around in the leaves and wanted his dinner last night although he struggled to get into the hutch. I hate making the decision to take them to be put to sleep, I am glad he went on his own. Obviously I often have to, and I go by their quality of life. He had an inoperable tumour and was very thin but obviously wasn’t in pain or his behaviour would have been different, he was getting a lot out of every day still. His companion Jade will now go with one of the new lads tomorrow. I hope she will be nice to him. Speedy is gone but Turmeric will benefit so I don’t get too sad about it. Circle of life and all that.

Day 27 – USA – FD

I had one of those “take and bake” French bread loaves this week; ate half one night at dinner on a NFD, half the other with dinner on a NFD, then last night wound up eating 2 Pillsbury biscuits at dinner! Needless to say, after 9 months of low carbs and no “real” bread, I felt miserable. I couldn’t sleep, headache, stomach ache, anxiety. @missybear, I agree that sugar and wheat do bad things to me when I re-introduce them back into my diet. My kids used to say, when Mom eats sugar, she’s evil! My body is trying to prove it to me, so I’m going to be more on guard on NFDs. @dykask, I’ve been there with 2 teenage daughters who once they turned 14 felt that they are your peers and you are the ignorant, outdated enemy! @steffieagle, received your package yesterday; beautiful contents and thank you! @molij, I am drinking much less as well now that I’ve been on 5:2; that was one of my goals this month. @aljomisaza, happy anniversary! @fatrabbit, RIP Speedy and hope Pom Pom gets acclimated to his/her surroundings. I know you feel terrible about that block of cheese, but I have a “cartoon head” and your blunt admission cracked me up.

Day 27, US, NFD

Uncharacteristically, I jumped on the scales this morning and was pleased to see I’ve lost the holiday kilo. I suspect it’s a false reading but I’m happy to take it. Have had a good eating week – pretty much FD or CFD as I’ve not really felt like eating. (Have the cold to thank for that.)

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Day 27, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Thanks for all the good wishes for my upcoming trip @metatauta, @awilson, @lilymartin. I will eat an extra piece of Sachertorte for you! With lots of whipped cream, of course! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Continuing packing! ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Have a good Friday everyone! ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ

Day 27 – USA (UT visiting) – NFD

Had a very good CD yesterday, about 1000 calories, so happy to get on the scale this morning seeing maintenance going well.

@steve toon — too bad you won’t get to see St. Martin. It was one of our fave islands, we did that for our 25th wedding anniversary, and 49 will be in January … so it’s been a while, but gave us fabulous memories of French cuisine, marvelous snorkeling, and fun.

@redrockgirl302 — have a marvelous trip! I know you will enjoy family and Vienna!

Off to Silver Sneakers this morning – it will be my 3rd this week, for which I am patting myself on the back.

Onward and downward.

Day 27 – ABQ – NFD

Wow so the last week was chock-full of craziness! Last weekend was all about family time, and this week, went from a blah Monday – to an out of the blue job offer tuesday – to an even better news for the hubs wed – and finally ending with shots for baby yesterday leading to just getting to hold and rock my not-so-much-a-baby-anymore baby for several quiet hours last night. I’ve been so busy with work, prepping for American Thanksgiving (we’re driving the 14 hour/930 mile trip to Houston), and getting set up for NaNoWriMo that I have barely had time to think about food.

I didn’t have any dedicated FDs this week, but I know that at least Monday & Wednesday had to be somewhere between 5-800 cals by accident.

Last night we tried stuffed bell peppers with (lean) hamburger, rice, zucchini, tops of the peppers chopped, and cheese. It was our first time ever trying stuffed peppers, and they were delicious! They are for sure going to be making a rotation on our meal plans. We’ve also decided to try to add more foods that meet the LCHF (low carb high fat) diet. We’re definitely going to be easing into it (it is the holidays after all), but we eat pretty low carb naturally anyway but now we just aren’t buying as much bread or pasta and more protein and veggies.

So I’m going to go ahead and say that Sober October was a total bust for me, with all the good news over the weekend, much wine was consumed in celebration. I did limit it to 1 (rather full) glass per night of celebration though, so that’s a small win.

I have been keeping up with my daily workouts. Why do the last 20 seconds of the planks seem to last an eternity??!! We’re up to 110 seconds, and tonight’s 120 is going to be killer!! We’re also still doing the push-up challenge (ugh my arms hurt), but we stopped doing the squats since we are getting ready to start training for a 5K (WHAT WHAT?!!) next week. We’ve both picked the workout challenges we want to do for nov and we decided that signing up for a 5K was the best way to make sure that we would continue to workout, even while in Houston. Since we’ll only jog/run train 3 days a week, DH choose to add in a light HIIT 30 day challenge, and I choose a 1 min/day single Yoga pose challenge (to make sure we were stretching too).

I have a LOT on my plate for next month, but I am SOO close to my “cleared” goal weight! I’m hovering at the halfway point to getting to 145 (135 is my “dream” goal, but at 145 my hubby and I are cleared to start trying for baby #2 ๐Ÿ˜† ) so I want to make sure the holidays don’t de-rail me! If everything goes as planned, we’re right on track for January!! 12 more lbs ya’ll! Like I’m almost to the single digits ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†!!

Anywho!! I am very excited for Halloween activities this weekend! We’ve got pumpkin carving (daughter’s first time) and a local “trunk-or-treat” & carnival on Sat, and actual trick-or-treating on Tuesday! I just finished her costume on Sunday night (tinkerbell) and she is so dang cute in it! I am so looking forward to this weekend! TGIF!!

And you guys, we’re like 4 days away from the end of the month!! WAHOOO!! I still have to catch up on everyone’s posts but stay strong everyone ๐Ÿ’ช

Also I just did a quick check, and I don’t think anyone else has volunteered to host the November Challenge right @saffy420? If we don’t have any other takers already, I’d love to do it!!

Day 27 – McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    A much needed FD for me today. Iโ€™m headed out for my walk, thankfully the sun is out and they sky is blue. Life is good!!

@aljomisaza – Congratulations on 33 years of marriage.
    @fatrabbit – Thank you for the update on the blind guinea pig. Sounds like she is improving with your good care. Sorry to hear about the old bunny but as you say, itโ€™s the circle of life.

2nd post

Stepped on the scales this afternoon (just for fun), it’s been a liquid only FD so far, and I was delighted to see a new low weight of 142.7lbs. Even more motivation to stay on track tonight, have that one meal with DH….and tomorrow the weekend weigh in ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

@annemarilyn…..We are going to Peru too!! We fly out 4th January and return two weeks later!!! Ticking off so many bucket list items for me…South America, Southern Hemisphere, the Pacific Ocean, summer in January, the Andes, the start of Dakar Rally 2018 in Lima, Lake Titicacca, flying over the Amazon, and the big one, Machu Piccu. Woo hoo..its going to be great ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Day 27 UK FD

Hi All
    Sorry I’ve not been posting. Too busy. Good to see so many of you making progress. Keep it up.

Although I’ve not posted I have been fasting Mon-Fri and will weigh myself on Tuesday to compare (fingers and toes crossed). Some days better than others. But basically fasting until the evening (aside from tea and coffee with a splash of milk). And eating a regular meal. Only Wednesday nights is more problematic with a beer or two after football, but at least I’ve run my socks off for an hour too.

Good luck for the rest of October. Let the Spirits of the Scales of Halloween be more Treat than Trick for you all. ๐Ÿ™‚

It just makes a massive difference when people on this site are so supportive. I felt horrible the morning after my massive binge day but peopleโ€™s commenys have been so kind and understanding. I feel ok now. Itโ€™s not as if thereโ€™s an end to this WOL. Iโ€™ll probably fast one way or another for the foreseeable now. Thanks all. Onwards and downwards.

Day 27, Emden Germany, FD
    Day 28 & 29 NFD
    Day 30 FD

Day 26 – Cumbria UK – NFD ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    Day 27 – Cumbria UK – FD

Well yesterday was certainly a day of overindulgence – we had friends round for a Spanish tapas evening – lots of lovely Rioja๐Ÿทand a great selection of homemade tapes……..need I say more!

Today has been a very good FD – did not break my fast until 1800hrs – total of 353cals for the day.

Had a great Pilates workshop yesterday afternoon – Focus was the name of the game exploring the relationship between focus and movement!

@metatauta โ€“ Thank for the update on @ChitownGal – busy is good – great to hear that you are both doing well
    @in-it-to-thin-it – sounds like you have a plan for your RESET – You can do this!
    @saffy420 โ€“ 50 lbs dispatched is wonderful – enjoy your break and come back refreshed ready to work on your new target!
    @molij – great job on that huge reduction in your cholesterol levels – 5:2 combined with an increase in plant sterols obviously worked well!
    @maayyaa – amazing how quickly 500mls of B&J can disappear ๐Ÿ˜ˆbeen there and done that too…..
    @jarbia – wondered where you had got to – good to hear you were having a fab time in Cornwall – 2 holidays and only 1lb gain is really maintenance – great job!
    @debster251 – that’s a shame – we are so lucky here to have all those shows made available to us
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver – just enjoy your ๐Ÿ›ณ and this WOL will be waiting when you come back to get you back on track!
    @strawberriesandcream – I see that youโ€™ve booked a cruise for January – something great to look forward to!
    @rainbowsmile – Hugs – I totally understand where you are coming from – I felt the same when I lost my darling mum ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉ 3 years ago and she had reached a wonderful 97years young!
    @annemarilyn – a February holiday to Peru planned for you – so nice to have something nice to look forward to! and also @daffodil2010 – another heading for Peru in early January!
    @bellyblast – great job with the maintenance – I so concur with your thoughts on this WOL – I’m at the end of my 10th month in maintenance ๐Ÿ˜‡
    @redrockgirl302 – another visit to Vienna – have a fab time! I too love a proper Sachertorte – enjoy!
    @lilymartin – one malteser!!!!!!!!! You definitely have your MOJO back – what a wonderful positive post!!
    @emma-taylor – I had an evening like your lunch yesterday except that I loved everything that passed my lips………It is so nice that we can offload here with no judgement but receive such understanding
    @aljomisaza – Happy 33rd Wedding Anniversary to you both๐Ÿฅ‚Have a fab time on your 3 nights at the coast
    @saffy420 – ๐Ÿค— just for you and thank you so much for hosting this October challenge – your motivation is just lurking in the corner at the moment having a little rest – it will pop out very soon xx
    @fatrabbit – just remember where you used to be and how far you have come – that should be the motivation to keep you going xx Those rabbits ๐Ÿฐare so lucky to have you care for them….
    @jessyoursize – goodness you have been busy – so close to your goal for that ๐Ÿ‘ถYou so have got this – great job so far – just keep going….
    @johnnyr – great to hear from you – thought we had lost you…..sounds like you are keeping strong with this WOL too
    @coda and @ciren2 – hope you are both OK and able to join us again soon – @ciren2 – was all OK with that private MOT you had at the beginning of the month?? Sending you both hugs and best wishes and so hope to hear from you both soon ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’

In the absence of @coda I was going to offer to run the November Challenge but I see that @jessyoursize has already offered – THANK YOU @jessyoursize โค๏ธ- are you OK to set up the Forum and the spreadsheet? It would be great if you could set the Challenge up this weekend so people can sign up for it as it starts on Wednesday next week (my 37th Wedding Anniversary – cannot believe that!)

What a great community we are – full of support and advice and hugs whenever needed – so understanding of each other and no judgement – the world could learn so much from our multinational little community ………..

Have a good weekend everyone wherever you are in the world and whatever your are doing โ€“ enjoy life and make the most of each day as this is not a rehearsalโ€ฆโ€ฆ..โ€œStay committed to your decisions; but stay flexible in your approach.โ€

@jessyoursize — how terrific of you to volunteer! I believe you’re IT! And oh how well I remember rocking a sick son when he was about 2 … “rock, go rock, TV” was his mantra way to know he was going to be comforted. That son is now 43… how time does fly. Enjoy your trip the best you can.

Day 24 (for me) Dublin Ireland FD
    Day 25 (for me) Dublin Ireland NFD
    Two good days yesterday and today. Its all ups and downs for me but overall down 5lbs so far this month. Have a great weekend everyone. Another FD for me tomorrow.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 1,507 total)

You must be logged in to reply.