October 2017 31 day challenge.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2017 31 day challenge.

This topic contains 1,500 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  Mia139 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 1,507 total)

• Day 23 – Cumbria UK – FD

An unusual FD for me today – broke my fast from last night at 1130hrs with a light brunch and then nothing more to eat today – several cups of tea and lots of water. I must admit that I was well over my TDEE yesterday 😈but today is another day and a FD it is 😇

@redrockgirl302 – I’m sure your Dad had a great 97th birthday 🎂and is looking forward to your visit in November for more celebrations 🎂
    @penz – welcome back from your holidays and for only seeing a 1kg creep up on the scales 💃
    @steffieagle – what a lovely way to spend your birthday!! I’m with you in that “This is a positive WOL” and I also regularly enjoy red/white and sparkling wine – It’s definitely all part of the program in my book!
    @maayyaa – celebrate buying new clothes too in smaller sizes!!!!!
    @fatrabbit – step right back on that wagon – You can do this!
    @cipher1971 – sorry for the loss of your fur baby and great job on a further 2.5lbs dispatched!
    @onahealthyhigh – 4 years into this WOL – how amazing is that! I’m well into my second year and fully agree with you regarding gaining multiple health benefits with a brilliant side effect of weight loss ☺️
    @basyjames – I’m different in that I happily say I’m in maintenance as it reminds me how far I have come and I have no wish to be back where I started from – Fasting 2 days a week is a permanent part of my future for both the health gains as much as keeping the weight off and being able to enjoy treats on my NFD – be it a coffee and cake out with OH or a glass or two of wine 😉

Great job by those reporting a loss or keeping the maintenance going – for those who are struggling please keep at it and stay strong – it will happen.

“It’s not just the weight you lose; but the life you gain”

****DAY 23 – POCKETEERS**** I have updated the list started by @belfastsink
    ***If you’re fasting today and want to join, copy and paste the list adding your name***
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!

@tsubaki
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @camcd
    @maayyaa
    @big_bill
    @daffodil2010
    @aljomisaza
    @jo15
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @fatrabbit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @debster251
    @belfastsink
    @tlc2
    @missybear
    @onahealthyhigh
    @lynned
    @liathanail
    @penz
    @basyjames
    @annemarilyn
    @redrockgirl302
    @awilson
    @anna6
    @molij
    @at

Day 23 – West Midlands, UK – NFD

A good day – tried a new recipe – what my daughter is calling chicken con carne, and is based on a slow cooker fajita recipe I found – at only 312 per serving it is definitely a keeper (especially as the youngest actually liked it). We followed it with baked apples, why haven’t I had those since childhood?

Thank you so much @metatauta, @basyjames, @debster251, @awilson, @at for your kind wishes. We are working through the grief, and youngest daughter can actually talk about him, which is good.

Finished my October 10k on Sunday in 83.5 minutes – my eldest wants to better our time by 15mins by the last one (number 5) in February so that will be the challenge.

Well done to all the day 23 fasters, I will be fasting tomorrow.

Have a great evening all

Day24 – Perth, Western Australia
    NFD

Day 23 Massachusetts USA After 8 months of this WOL I’ve become accustomed to eating differently. I was shopping today and reached for the size pants I’ve worn for decades. I had to go a size down- so even though I don’t know my weight, clothes fit me well. Thinking of my buddies at tough moments really helps. Thanks to everyone.

Day 24 Gold Coast FD
    I had a good liquid fast day yesterday, and feeling quite good today with a quiet day planned. So I’m going to try for a B2B FD. I won’t go liquids only, but will aim at staying under the 800 calories.

I’m finding FDs easier than CDs, especially while on holidays. So we’ll see how today goes.

Day 23, USA, Missouri Ozarks (scheduled FD, became controlled eating day)

Planned to do my first of three fast days but the boss brought me in homemade chocolate chip cookies (huge ones) and homemade banana nut bread (with lots and lots of yummy English walnuts). Yes, I ate a cookie and a nice sized slice of banana bread – and both were heavenly ! Will eat a light dinner and call it a day. That is why I love this program, days can easily be rearranged !

The good news is I am well within my goal weight/maintenance range (and three pounds below last Monday which followed a disastrous weekend of overeating).

Got in my exercise and water/green tea.

Off to read, wishing all well.

Day 24 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 81.1kg

The fast wasn’t bad, I did have a bit of heart burn starting last night, but took an antacid for that. Strange to get heart burn without eating …

@awilson – Typhoon Lan hit around midnight on Sunday and by 7am the rain stopped. Truthfully I slept through it. Things opened late and young kids (Jr. High down) didn’t have school all day, otherwise everything was pretty much normal. Well there were a lot of big puddles around in the morning. 🙂 (In Japanese it was called Typhoon #21, typical boring Japanese name)

Day 24 NFD country West Australia
    Feeling so much better already after a good FD yesterday although the dreaded headache is lurking at the back of my eyes.
    It is interesting how much I consume even on an FD ! I think that is what derails me.
    1/2 an orange, 1 1/2 small apples for dinner ( lunchbox size), 6 cups of white tea and coffee had me up at 400 calories!!
    I also drank many glasses of water.
    Plugged into MFP and am back monitoring every morsel for a little while.
    I hate counting calories – never been a big fan but since I started this WOL 11 months ago and started to crunch the numbers was when I realised how much I was overeating , even though much of it was healthy.
    @dykask glad to see you are back and on the mend.
    Yes, heartburn whilst fasting is interesting, not sure what would cause that?

Day 24 | Sydney Australia | B2B FD

Early afternoon here and not hungry. At this stage I’m planning to wait until tonight to eat so I still have 600 calories to play with…. but I will eat something if I get hungry in the meantime.

I’m planning to try making chicken noodle soup tonight – with konjac noodles, chicken breast and vegetables. And fresh herbs.

Either tomorrow or Thursday I will have a NFD and I need to manage that transition a lot better than I did last week.

My back is tight after doing some very light dumbbell deadlifts at the gym yesterday. I’m hoping it will pass. I have some anti-inflammatory pills left over from last time my back seized up but they are at home where they can’t do me much good.

Day 24, NFD, Norway

Successful FD yesterday. I usually have to keep myself occupied in the evening to not eat out of “boredom”…you know, when watching TV 🙂 My OH ate icecream and chips yesterday, and it didnt even bother me. We watched TV and i knitted, so forgot all about eating and snacking. At the end of an FD i usually start looking forward to eating “this and this” for breakfast, making plans to eat something gooooood…. then the morning comes, and i dont want anything. So already at my office, think i will eat lunch around 10.30.

Lost 500grams/1.1lbs since yesterday, quite happy with that, since i’ve been on a 2month platau…feels like forever, lucky for me i lost 6-7kg already the first month, if not i think i would have lost my motiation a long time ago. I really dont feel like im doing much different from what i did in august though…hopefully it will losen up some pretty soon.

Norway, Day 24, FD

Today it my second FD of a B2B this week, I have work travel to Paris Wed-Thurs, so I had to do a B2B even though I am not too keen on it. It feels fine today actually, not too hungry. But I crave everything! But, I am strong and will not give in to the dragons. Not long until I will be wearing a bikini at the beaches in Sydney now, so I have to just do it, and be strict! still 2.5 kg to loose. If that is going to happen in 4 weeks, I have to do something radical! Maybe 4:3 every week up until the day I leave?

@maayyaa Thank you, I am very happy too, it is sloooowly coming off now, I bounce back and forth between FD and NFD, but always a few hundred grams lower every week. It will happen for you too, I am positive! And buying clothes in a smaller size! Wow, happy for you too! I haven’t dared try new clothes yet, so scared of being disappointed…

@fatrabbit I’m sure it is the hormones that are to blame for the gain, I usually add 2 kg of water when I have my period, so in a week or so I am sure you will have a whoosh! 🙂

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Day 23 UK FD

I didn’t have anything except black coffee and water yesterday and still felt bloated and full all day and still do this morning but a couple of pounds have grudgingly departed slipping me back under eleven stone which is better although still a couple of pounds higher than this time last week. I am going to try to stick to just 800 calories today and tomorrow and so go for a B2B2B which would be another first for me, but I am determined that I will reach my goal by my one year fasting anniversary on Nov 9th. I will make tomorrow liquid only if I am able to. It was easy not to eat anything last night when I got back as I was so tired and there was nothing obviously available anyway. So I drank half a litre of water and a big mug of cinnamon tea and went to sleep.

Day 24 CHESTER UK FD

Yesterday was a NFD, had a small portion of the fish pie I’d made for Saturday that we saved. It was yummy second time around. With a sandwich at lunch I ended the day on just about 1000 cals. Today it’s the regular apple at lunch followed by a lean steak salad. I really am in awe of liquid fasters, no calorie fasters and very low cal faster. My main motivation on a FD is to get to tea time when I can fill up!

Need to be super vigilant this week – hubbys Retirement do on Friday night, with the guys from work. Followed by Saturday celebrations with friends. I’m collecting a chocolate and strawberry cake on Friday to surprise him with, so calories aplenty over next weekend. Think I’ll be trying b2b2b2b next week to shift the extra weight gained.

Do we have a volunteer yet to take over the reins in November? I’m so looking forward to Nov 6th – going on holiday and 3 weeks off work.

Take care friends, if you’re feeling tempted come on here to read a few posts. Have a lovely Tuesday.

Day 24 UK FD

Yesterday was a NFD, ate a small portion of the fish pie I’d made for Saturday night, even better the second time around. That, with a sandwich for lunch meant I ended up somewhere around 1000 cals.

This weekend will be very testing. It’s hubby’s retirement do with the guys from work. Followed by a celebration with friends on Saturday. I’ve got him a few surprises, including a yummy chocolate and strawberry cake. Hoping the friends will eat most of it on Saturday.

Do we have a volunteer to take over the reins for November?

Have a happy Tuesday everyone. Keep the faith, this WOL works. Slow and steady is the name of the game.

Day 24 Wales NFD

Good FD yesterday. Felt cold and a little hungry late afternoon so in desperation tried a mug of hot Marmite and to my surprise I really enjoyed it, like a thin savoury soup which kept me on track till dinner.

@stevetoontaxidriver – have a fab holiday!

Day 24 Belfast FD
    I’m on OMAD this week I’ve decided so I’ll be fasting possibly every day and eating my 500cals for my evening meal. I’ll see how it goes.
    @dykask – good to see you back
    For all those who are buying smaller clothes many congratulations! Proof that this WOL Is about more than those numbers on the scales. For those on a plateau, stay strong. Even tough the scales don’t shift, the benefits are still there.
    @mari84 you’ll look great in that bikini!
    @fatrabbit – good luck on reaching your goal. You’ve come so far in a year!
    @cipher1971 – would you like to share your chicken con carne recipe? It sounds delicious.

Pocket fast list for today. Add your name if you’d like to join

@camcd
    @lindasue?
    @big_bill (B2B)
    @mari84 (B2B)
    @fatrabbit (B2B2B)
    @debster251 (B2B2B2B)

Remember: keep your eyes on the prize!

Day 24, Newcastle UK, NFD

Most successful FD yesterday in a long time – around 575 cals.

Sorry about the loss of your pet @cipher1971.

The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.

–Confucius (551-479 BC), philosopher

@saffy420 we must have posted at the same time. Congratulations to your hubby on his retirement.
    @missybear I also use Oxo cubes. That savoury taste seems to stave off those hunger pangs!
    I like the the quote @Strawberriesandcream. I shall add it to my list!

Day 24. London UK FD

Have a good day everybody. Thanks for all the good advice and support.

Day 24, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

Back to my usual routine of B2B2B-ing whilst at work. Had a fairly controlled day yesterday after a controlled weekend, so I’m patting myself on the back. Particularly since the snack dragon was deafeningly loud last night, but I tuned him out……….eventually!!!!

To those fasting today, stay strong; to those not, stay controlled!!!!

Day 24, S. Wales, FD

Small downward shift of a 1lb this morning on the scales – motivation to try another FD today! Good luck all fasting today too.

Day 24 – Nuremberg, Germany – NFD
    No scales today
    Yesterday was a good travelling day. Only delay was 15 minutes on the train from Frankfurt to Nuremberg. I managed to stick to a FD although it was a bit bitty – no real meal, just nuts and dried fruit and an apfeltasche at the train station. I also managed more water yesterday.
    Today is a non fast day. Skipped breakfast and will have a light lunch as I’m meeting a work friend for dinner later which is likely to be pizza.
    Time to go and top up my water bottle!

Day 24, US, NFD

Yesterday’s FD was hard for me. Must have been that week of intense eating that preceded it. I usually do a liquid only FD but I needed a small yoghurt to get me through.

And all the colds that people have been experiencing on this forum, must be catching, as I’ve got one too. What’s that old adage: feed a fever, starve a cold? Or is it the other way around. I can never remember. (Hope it’s not “feed a cold” as I don’t need any more encouragement to eat!)

Well done FlourBaby and keeping that snack dragon at bay. Sounds like you are back on track and firmly in control!

Day 24…..Florida…..FD

Such a nice day yesterday and I also got a lot accomplished. Finally, finished my decluttering extravaganza. Now on to follow, the flylady system, it’s working so far, hopefully it will work better since all the clutter is gone.

My OH also started some of the seedlings, we received from @laurealice. We did end up getting plenty of rain yesterday, so I know the garden is loving it right now.

I had a full weekend of eating, planning on doing a proper fast, seeing that I’m home waiting on the plumber. My plans include only liquids until tonight’s meal which I’m planning on to be at 5:30, an hour earlier than normal. I surmise that I’ll be hungry and will need the hour.

I must be off, Ive got plenty of green beans to pick this morning. We have some left over steak in the fridge, so I’m going to throw together a cold steak salad for my hubby for dinner tonight. It’s supper easy and very good…. left over steak, fresh beans and potatoes. Cook until tender, chill. Once chilled add olive oil and red wine vinegar and season to taste. Can’t remember what it’s called but my OH grand made it all the time for him as a kid.

@saffy……congrats on your husbands retirement!

I saw a little stiletto of a man, he’s on the loose, he’s on the loose carrying a can of fandango!

Day 24 Akron OH FD. So far 2 good FD in a row, and I feel much better. I had a full fat yogurt yesterday and it tasted so good. I was supposed to break my fast today but I really don’t want to, water and a cup of coffee with a couple teaspoons of cocoa is keeping me going, this evening I will have some of the beef roast hubby made for dinner with some green beans. I also slept like a baby last night and woke up before my alarm went off feling really refreshed. I think the human body does much better with less food (who woulda thunk it!) LOL.
    @bert1802 I love green beans, the fresher the better. What a treat to eat veggies plucked fresh from your garden. I wish I had a green thumb. @saffy congrats on your hubby’s retirement; does he have post-retirement plans? @fatrabit yay! I am very happy for you. I plan to weigh in on Monday and no matter what number I see on the scale, I will (deep breath) report to the group.
    @strawberriesandcream congrats on a good FD, those little victories add up to great numbers.
    Well I’m off to earn my keep. I wish you all a successful FD and controlled NFD 🙂

Day 24 – SW WA USA – NFD

Had a successful liquid FD yesterday, topping out at about 350 or so with the tomato soup at supper. The scale moved back downward this morning.

@fatrabbit – it’s interesting how different everyone’s journey is. I remember when you and I were at a similar place. Now you are about 50 lbs less than I am. I’m happy for you and I will keep plugging away. You inspire me to keep going.

Remember that together we are stronger!

Day 24 – USA (UT visiting) – NFD

Doing pretty well keeping at maintenance. I made my first chicken pot pie for the family last night – bought pie crusts, cooked the chicken, filling, and made the gravy. They enjoyed it and so did I! I don’t know if the kids will appreciate the pork chop Italienne I plan to fix for supper today. We will see!

@lilymartin – I am so with you about hating to count calories, at least until I discovered MFP and how easy it is there. I love that one account transfers between devices too.

@mogaman – congrats on buying new pants! I have learned here that our Brit friends think of “pants” as “underpants” though! I understand they use “trousers” instead. To me trousers usually were just for men. Oh how interesting our language is!

@saffy420 – congrats to hubby on his retirement. I am sure he will enjoy whatever free time he gets. For me, it has been filled with some new and interesting activities.

Onward and downward.

Day 24 – USA – NFD

Day 24 – West Midlands, UK – FD

Today is going well, and I am feeling distinctly not bad 🙂

for @debster251 and anyone else who wants to try it

Chicken Con Carne Recipe
    Ingredients
    600g Chicken Thighs
    240g (1 drained can 240g) Napolina Five Bean salad, rinsed
    400g (1 can) Sainsbury’s Tomato & Red Pepper Soup
    20 gram(s) Tex Mex spice (more or less to taste 🙂 )

Makes 4 servings

Nutritional Info
    Calories: 312.4
    Fat: 7.5g
    Carbohydrates: 19.7g
    Protein: 36.3g

1. brown thighs in pan
    2. put soup, bean, spice & thighs in slow cooker.
    3. Mix
    4. Cook on high for 1 hour
    5. Turn down to low for 2-4hours
    6. Shred chicken
    7. Serve …. daughter had with bread & butter, I had with pitta bread, you could eat it on it’s own, or with rice, or even in a wrap

@strawberriesandcream thanks for the kind thought

Had my flu jab yesterday, no ill effects so far. Didn’t make it to the pool this morning, as my duvet was too cosy – I want to get back to swimming regularly, but tomorrow is a no go, as I have to hit the road before 6am for a meeting in Leeds, with any luck I will be home early, so that is an up side 🙂

Better get back to work, have a great day all

Day 24, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Maintaining at goal weight of 145.

Cold and windy today – VERY windy! Doing well on my fast day, nothing but coffee and green tea so far – think I will make it until dinner just fine and will have something light.

Still amazed that I can eat more or less whatever I want several days a week and the clothes will still slip on easily.

Keeping up with the planks and other exercise, enjoy that a lot.

My best to all.

Day 24 Massachusetts USA CD @lindasue The weather here today has turned really nasty. It’s not especially cold but the wind is fierce so the lake we live on looks like the North Sea. We made a fire in the wood stove to cozy things up but it’s a day that could easily make one want to eat, eat, eat. Fortunately, there’s nothing unhealthy in the house! A CD for me means I stay at least 100 calories below my TDEE. We planned a healthy supper for tonight with roast chicken, local purple cauliflower, and fingerling potatoes. Planning is everything!

Day 24 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Visited the doctor this morning. I have to get a cardiology stress test next week, plus he has given me a spray for angina. I may, or may not, have resting angina….I don’t feel pain when I exercise but I have a tightness sometimes when at rest. I have to use the spray whenever I feel that tightness. Of course, now I don’t feel anything.

Anyway, all things to be tested. I don’t smoke, I am losing weight, I do daily exercise ….I hope that I don’t have anything wrong with the heart, but if I do, I am doing the right thing by getting it looked at now 😳

Had breakfast with OH after the consultation, scrambled eggs with hot buttered toast and coffee. Nothing else so far, will have a small tinned mackerel salad with tomatoes and black olives for tea, then I have to go for drinks to celebrate my friends wedding today. It was a family only dinner, but she has invited her besties for after dinner drinks. I am driving so it’s sparkling water.

But, I tried on my slim fitting size 12 skirt with side zip and it fits!!! Yay. Wearing that tonight. I need a wee lift tonight and that will do it..

Day 24 Lancaster, PA US FD

I’ve been a bit depressed lately, too many stressors coming together this year and the next few years to come. ….. a half an hour later…..I’m feeling a bit upbeat now, after reading posts.✨ It’s true, Together we are stronger!✨✨✨✨✨🤜🏻✨🤛🏻✨✨✨✨✨ I’d like to rise to the Challenge but, I have physical issues that make it difficult. I’m not giving up. I’d like to try Piyo, cross that out, I just ordered the PiYo CD’s it’s a combination of Yoga, Pilates, low impact movement. But my left knee and leg ligaments are still not strong enough to do the knee bends necessary. Cross that out, I did my yoga Sun Salutes my knee feels a bit stressed after wards but with the CBD oil, any pain and inflammation is manageable. 😊I will work on the stretching and yoga that I can do, and gently work to more knee bends and Pilates movements, by walking and doing the physical therapy with the weights that my physical therapist prescribed.
    I’ll do the portions of the Piyo workout that I can do.😊 Finding something new and interesting is motivating.😊

FD Today, I will be catching up on everybody’s posts. I am very grateful that we have our wonderful supportive group. A soft place to land.✨

So grateful that I am feeling better.😊 Thinking about my new doable yoga and Pilates …. I can feel the excitement building.✨😊✨

Pocket fast list for today. Add your name if you’d like to join
    @camcd
    @lindasue?
    @big_bill (B2B)
    @mari84 (B2B)
    @fatrabbit (B2B2B)
    @debster251 (B2B2B2B)
    @okeydokey 1st of (B2B2B)
    Remember: keep your eyes on the prize!
    ✨We Got This!✨ Together we are Stronger!✨

Day 24, Emden Germany, NFD

second post

I think the saying starve a cold must be true because I finally began to feel better once I hadn’t eaten for 36 hours. My energy levels and mood lifted right up. I feel so much better empty!

But I still blew the multiple days fasting idea because I cooked a bean stew this afternoon intending to only have a small bowl or two which became three and then I let myself have some nuts and seeds too. Once I start eating I find it nearly impossible to stop until I am really really full. I was within TDEE but it wasn’t a fast. I will do another liquid fast tomorrow and make up for it, and take myself back to that feel good place.

Day 24 Lancaster, PA US FD
    @daffodil I’m wishing you well, hoping the spray helps when it is needed. 🤗 for You✨
    @fatrabbit I love the fat burning feel good place also. Remember you’ve succeeded just by trying. You’ve accomplished more than if you hadn’t tried at all.🤷‍♀️🤗🤗
    @lindasue Good for you! Thanks for reminding me about having tea, before fasting would become difficult.😉
    @annemarilyn I’ve still got 21 lbs to eradicate! ✨✨We can do this, together!✨✨🤝✨✨We are Stronger!✨✨🤗
    Work to do, 😊 I will read more later.✨

Day 25 NZ FD
    My holiday was fantastic, but the scales show just how much fun I had with friends. Back to basics this week, I’m a long way from my goal.

Basically just chugging along and doing my best to have CFDs.

Going well though.

Regards

Mari

Day 23/16:8 /CD/Melbourne Australia
    Day 24//16:8 NFD

@okeydokey hugs

Recalculated my TDEE now I’ve turned 65. Who would have thought I need to eat 200 calories less than 4 months ago 😂 No wonder I’ve been bouncing around at the higher end of my goal range! Counting calories is such a bore but it’s really worth it once in awhile for a reality check.

I started 5:2 in September 2014. Reached goal in April 2015, a loss of 34lbs. I lost a further 9lbs but found the lower weight unsustainable. Settled for a weight range of 56 – 59kgs. Since retirement have been bouncing around between 57-58kg. Determined to reach my happy weight of 56kg by December.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 24, Gozo Malta, fd

Good night

Day 24, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Day 25 – NFD – Brisbane, Australia

I have started the day with black coffee before going on a 7 km walk with some friends. I feel so much more energized when I exercise while fasting. While it is not a FD for me I will do 16:8.
    DH bought me an exercise bike on the weekend so I am hoping to do some HIIT each day. Am interested to see how much difference it makes to my weight loss and cardio fitness.

@daffodil2010 I will be praying you get good results from your tests. Congratulations fitting into your slim skirt 💃🏼
    @mogaman Sitting by a fire on a cold day sounds heavenly…I will be slathering on the sun screen today.
    @fatrabbit So glad to hear you are feeling better.
    @lilymartin I hate calorie counting as well, so I just tend to eat things I know are low cal. Every now and then I plug in the cals just to make sure I am still on track. I only eat the evening meal on FD’s so I can be sure I stay below my 500.
    @maayyaa Congratulations on getting off your plateau!
    @penz Hope you are feeling better soon.
    @okeydokey Sorry to hear you are living with so much stress, hope things get better for you soon. Remember any exercise, no matter how small is good for you. So good that you are trying different things, that shows determination and courage.

DISCIPLINE, NOT DESIRE DETERMINES YOUR DESTINATION.

Day 25 Gold Coast CD
    Yesterday didn’t work out as a FD, but still reasonable CD. I was fine until mid afternoon when I just kept eating, stopping snacking around 5 when I finally felt full.

Day 25 | Sydney Australia | B2B2B FD

Monday and Tuesday successful. I’m finding it easier this week to just drink coffee (and maybe some miso soup) during the day, and have a decent sized meal in the evening.

I’m also finding it easier to fast (on around 600 calories) than to eat in a controlled and sensible way.

I’m thinking about trying an experiment, with myself as the guinea pig. Doing the 5:2 diet in reverse for a couple of weeks, starting with the current week. As in fasting from Monday thru Friday, then just eating whatever I feel like on the weekend.

I mean I’m well into my 3rd fasting day in a row right now and I’m honestly not feeling even remotely interested in food. The main problem I have seems to be getting started… and staying in control when I’m done fasting. Once I’m actually fasting then I tend to just cruise through it.

My TDEE is around 3200. 25% of that is 800, and gives me a deficit of 2,400 per day. I usually try to stick to 600 or less on fasting days, but 800 gives me a bit more to play with. So fasting from Monday thru Friday means I’m around 12,000 below my TDEE.
    If I eat to my TDEE on the weekends I’ve still cut 12,000 calories for the week.

Even if I eat 5,000 calories per day on the weekend (which I can easily do when I’m in binge mode) then I’ve “only” cut 8,400 calories for the week. Which should give me a weight loss of more than one kilo.

Day 25 FD country West Australia

Day 25 – Japan – NFD 81.6kg

Yesterday was very active, today I’m paying the price with more coughing. Ugh!

Day 24 NFD St. Louis USA
    Day 23 FD
    Day 22 NFD
    Day 22 NFD
    Day 21 NFD
    Day 20 NFD

I’ve been off the radar so back to catching up on bunches of posts. Still sticking with the program and fasting one day a week for maintenance. I will typically weigh myself on the day after I fast (because why not?) and I’m always a bit anxious. Have been away the last three weekends so ready to be home and not do much this weekend. I spent a couple days with my brother this past weekend. So far he has no symptoms and no reoccurrence but the doctor say he still has evidence of cancer in his body that may or may not return. Nobody knows.

I’m looking to refinance my home so I’m probably going to need to scrub my carpets and spruce up my place before the appraiser comes.

Okeydokey. Have you checked out chair yoga while you’re recuperating? I have taught it and well it doesn’t have so much of the aerobic functionality, it does allow stretching and gentle movement. Also, there’s a program called Ageless Grace that’s quite fun and typically done in a chair.

Onahealthyhigh. I hadn’t thought about having to recalculate my TDEE. So far I seem to be doing pretty well with fasting one day a week for maintenance and being mindful of what I eat the other days. I keep thinking I’m going to step on the scale and get it all back one day as this is happened in the past. However, so far I seem to be holding my own.

All my best to all of you.

Day 25, NFD/CD, Norway

thank you @aljomisaza, I really hope it means I’m off the plateau… had a NFD yesterday, but it was really CD, ended up just above 1000kcals for the entire day, and weighed myself this morning, and it was exactly the same as yesterday…yeayh!!

@big_bill – I like your experiment!! I did an FD on Monday, and it could easily been an FD yesterday as well…I only had 75kcals until about 6-7pm…had some chicken wings and some yoghurt…could have/should have not had them, and I would now have been way in my 3rd fast day. I have a dentist appointment at 2.30 today, so I don’t want to eat anything before that…oh well…another restaurant day tomorrow…so I’ll keep it CD today as well… But I’m really curious on how the 2:5 works out :):) Looks like I have to do an FD on a Friday again 🙂

All the best to everyone. LOVE reading posts, being motivated.

If (or when?) I hit my first hairy goal (65kg) I’m getting a BIG present from my OH…22,4kg to go…and counting.

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪- FD

Late night last night, drove to my friends wedding drinks through driving rain on twisty country roads, then had to drive back around midnight. Very tiring for a city slicker like myself 😆

Yesterday was NFD but did not really think about food, nor ate too much, and had a nice loss this morning. Still 2 lbs to go to get back to my lowest weight, but planning today to be a liquid only FD and early to bed.

I felt great in my red skirt last night, got lots of compliments, so buoyed up to keep going. Don’t think my October goal is do-able, but sure, we’ll see.

Day 25 UK FD

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 1,507 total)

You must be logged in to reply.