October 2017 31 day challenge.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2017 31 day challenge.

This topic contains 1,500 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  Mia139 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 1,507 total)

• Day 22……Florida…..NFD

Today is going to be an epic day of eating as it’s the OH birthday and in our house you get to eat anything and everything you want. So, here’s the menu….. For breakfast, he wants this breakfast sandwich we call the heart attack….. Oh my they are so good, plain bagel one side with butter, the other side with cream cheese, then filled with an egg, sausage and provolone cheese. Then he wants no lunch but dinner is NY strip steak, twice baked potatoes, stuffed tomatoes with stuffed grape leaves topped with baslmic vinegar and oil. Dessert is frosted ginger bread and vanilla ice cream…… it going to be a hell of an eating day.
    That’s one of the great reasons 5:2 works as a WOL, You can enjoy a special day, holidays or vacations without worrying about destroying all of you efforts. Tomorrow, we just fast. Any other diet, would have even the most sane person, fretting over what are they going to eat, are they going to eat something different, skip the cake. How many joyous occasions are missed because one is worried about the food, not enjoying conversation with friends and family because they are eating something different or worried they’ve blown their new life style.
    Enjoy the moment as they arise, don’t miss out……

Okay that’s my ramble for the day.
    Yesterday food wise was okay, did manage to get some physical activity is as I tackled my OS room, I moved a dresser, a couch, took his bed apart and moved his tv stand in an effort to clean under all of them. I didn’t do much declutter as I did organizing, after all it is his stuff, so it’s really not my place to rid him of it. I also noticed tons of cobwebs, so I laced his corners with peppermint oil, so hopefully it will keep them at bay. The cobwebs could also be from the fact, his room has had a good clean in a year or so. All I do is light dusting and a mop of his walk ways normally.
    Next is to tackle, the last room, my YS room. This one is going to be the most fun….. NOT!
    It’s taken me almost two months minus the garage as the OH said he’s going to tackle that. He’s working on it at least….. to get this house in order. My next project will be washing and properly storing the tons of blankets that are in the linen closet, developed an organization system for old pictures and important documents.
    Today’s project is deep cleaning my washer, I was suppose to do it a couple weeks ago when the hubby took apart the dryer and cleaned it out, but I had other things a doing!

Okay, I seriously done rambling!

I saw a little stiletto of a man, he’s on the loose, he’s on the loose carrying a can of fandango!

@steve toon taxi driver – that’s just what my week’s holiday looked like – minus the boat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 22 – Cumbria UK – NFD/CD

Not a bad NFD yesterday – just over TDEE – still staying below maintenance weight 💃

@dykask – good to hear that you are on the mend – I agree that doing 2 days fasting each week cannot harm you especially if you follow a fairly healthy eating regime on the other days
    @rainbowsmile – you are doing a great job during emotionally difficult times 🤗 If you don’t already set yourself a relaxing bedtime routine – I tend to have a glass of my homemade Kefir before going to bed on FD to ensure I don’t go to bed feeling hungry – ensure your bedroom is dark and cool (Neal Yard’s Goodnight Pillow Mist spray is great – Spritz 1-3 pumps around the room and over the pillow) – no technology in the bedroom – settle down with a book and turn off the light as soon as you stop concentrating on your book
    @bigviking 🥂Enjoy
    @fatrabbit – just make that u-turn and you will soon be heading in the right direction – You can do this!
    @crazynoon – just keep with the plan and you will see changes – 2 days at 500cals and 5 days at TDEE of your target weight (not your current weight!!) and the lbs/kg will soon start to melt away…..and drink plenty of water – around 2L/day
    @Fellow sugar avoiders – apologies but I have fallen by the wayside – DD brought me some raspberry truffles handmade at our local chocolate shop……..need I say more……
    @flourbaby – Love a good Thai meal too and I totally understand about the wine 🍷
    @bert1802 – Happy Birthday to your OH and have a fab time together ❤️BTW I’m impressed by all that housework – You remind me of my sister – I’m the total opposite – hate hate housework 🤣
    @steffieagle – Happy 71st Birthday 🥂What a role model!!!! celebrating your 71th birthday at the same weight you were after giving birth to your first child 47 years ago – how fabulous is that!!!!
    @lilymartin – your post will resonate with so many of us – I also do not go anywhere near the scales when I have had an overindulgent week!!!!!!!! I firmly press my RESET button and weigh myself a week later once I have completed a 4:3 week and hey presto the scales are back to normal. As you say this is why the WOL works – enjoy the good times with no guilt…….
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver – something tells me you are on holidays 🤣 Have a fab time!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend – Weather still miserable here and definitely cooler – I’m off to see the first ballet of the live telecast season later this afternoon – Le Corsaire from the Bolshoi

“Only I Can Change My Life, No One Can Do It For Me”

3rd post

Bert1802 happy birthday to your husband, I hope you both have a fabulous day together.

Day 22 – USA – NFD

@lilymartin, lol – “he lives still”! @bert1802, happy birthday to your OH! Have fun! @SteveToon and family, have a wonderful holiday! @steffieagle, happy birthday!

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Enjoy your birthdays and vacations, yeah, dear friends! 🎂🍾🍸🍹🍺🍩🍗🍞🧀

It is my father’s 97th birthday today. Will give him a ring soon and celebrate with him at the beginning of November in person.😊💚😊💜😊

Had LOTS of popcorn yesterday. Weight up. Reset button will be pressed tomorrow. Have only 6 full days left before departure.😨😨😨

Have a great Sunday everyone! 😊😊😊

Day 22 UK NFD

Hurray, I’ve achieved my goal- lost 3 pounds. Now am going to look after the granchildren for half term and no doubt will put them all back on! I’ll have little say in what I eat. Such is the life of someone trying to lose weight. Lol!

Day 22 – USA (UT visiting) – NFD

Pretty good eating day yesterday, but terrific family day. Went to a local Pumpkin Patch/Fall Carnival for the evening until fireworks. I bet I burned up a full TDEE’s worth of calories just keeping warm! Scale was just right at maintenance this morning. Today might not be as good as I already have had 2 pumpkin and apple cider donuts from last night’s purchase. Oh well, sure were good with coffee.

@at – congrats at keeping to maintenance! Isn’t it so fulfilling?

@bert1802 – happy birthday to your OH!

@redrockgirl302 – same thing happens with me an popcorn (as much as I love it) – hope you father had a terrific birthday!

Onward and downward.

Day 22, US, possibly a FD

hello all! I’m back from my holiday and catching up on all the posts. Reunited with my beloved pooch this morning – she was well looked after while we were away but I always miss her when she’s not around. Congrats @anna6 for bringing a pup into your family; so much joy! Do you know what sort of dog you’ll get @debster251? A dog really does complete a family.

Congrats LindaSue on your clothes purchases. Great bargains and the pieces you picked up sound lovely.

StrawberriesandCream. You temptress! I’d never heard of peanut butter KitKats but now I want to try one. They just sound like my perfect match… (And I liked your comment about how a few of us are sightseeing at the moment, which is ok as long as we’re still travelling. So apt.)

Wow, Steffieagle – being the same weight now you were 47 years ago is amazing! You must be so proud of yourself (and if you’re not, you should be!)

@lilymartin – don’t beat up on yourself too much. (I say now after having done almost the same as you last week; just not in the gorgeous Margaret River!) You know the drill – hit that reset button, and when you brave the scales soon and see no (real) damage done, you can then look back at what an awesome time you had, and enjoy the memories.

And thanks to you all for your words of comfort and encouragement after my fat-photo experience. I am surprised, but grateful, that the scales only showed a 1kg increase over the last week. They may well be lying, but if that was the price I had to pay for a week of excess and indulgence (beer with lunch, wine with dinner Every Single Day!!) then I’m happy to pay the price.

Firmly hitting that reset button and even my OH says he just wants to subsist on soup this week.

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪- NFD

Eating rings around myself this weekend 😉

Day 22 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    I had a good CD yesterday and planning on the same for today.
    It’s raining cats and dogs out, I’m occupying myself with a bead necklace project. Tiny seed beads so I use a lot of energy squinting. (ha ha, I wish)
    @steffieagle – You are such an inspiration!! Happy Birthday 🎈🎈
    @bigviking – Have a great vacation!! 🛳 🥂
    @tsubaki – Hang in there, you’ve got this!!🌺
    @steve toon taxi driver – LOL you are ready to be on holiday aren’t you!!
    @bert1802 – Wow, I want to come to dinner at your house please!!

Day 22, London, UK, NFD

I’ve just had a great time catching up on posts, some of you crack me up!!!

Out for a celebratory family lunch today and I’ve just got home, having been relatively controlled, although I will admit……………… there were LOADS of carbs………… rice, potatoes AND pasta!!!!! However, I did wash it all down with vast quantities of water even though there was a bottle of shiraz within reach!!!!!!!! Yea me!!!!

@strawberriesandcream, those wonderful people at Nestle thoughtfully made those peanut kit-kats into bitesize pieces, then filled a bag with 6 servings (yeah right!!!) which had that dreaded £1 introductory price I can’t resist!!!! I didn’t see the other 5 people but the bag was surprisingly empty within ½ hour!!! They’re now on my “You have NO control around this”, list, along with pringles, wine gums, cashews & peanuts!! Red wine used to be on the list, but after Dry September and Sober October………….. I am cured!!!!!!

@steffieagle, Happy birthday!!!! Wow, to being able to say “I’m no different to how I was 47 years ago!!!” No need to elaborate!!!!!! I really look forward to maintenance, you, @at, @songbirdme and loads of others maintaining INSPIRE me!!!!

@lilymartin – great post!!!! Is it wrong of me to say I’m so, so, so jealous? You and @mogaman are killing me with discriptions of food & wine!!!!! Thanks (I think!!) for having that glass for me, must be quality vino as I didn’t feel any after effects!!! I’m so glad to be a Londoner, if I lived anywhere near a winery there would be, shall we say …..……. ‘issues’!!! Realistically speaking, what’s a week in the grand scheme of things??? You’ve got the tools to do an about turn, as long as the break doesn’t derail you, there’s no problem!!!! Clearly your DH is a strong & brave individual willing to risk his life………………..either that, or he’s a fast runner!!!!

@steve toon taxi driver, so glad to see you’re planning a controlled and mindful holiday, LOL!!!!!!! ‘Anything goes’ – indeed!!!!

Stay strong everyone, we’re nearly on the final straight!!!!!

Day 22 California FD

I think I’m going to do a FD one day early today, because a Thai restaurant meal last night along with wine resulted in almost a kg of weight gain. It’s probably mostly water, but I want to get it off. I’m also traveling this week so want to stay ahead of the game.

@bert1802 – Happy Birthday to your OH! 🎂 Have a good time celebrating. I agree that the 5:2 is great because there is always room for celebrations without guilt. The FD’s usually take care of it.

@awilson, send some of that rain down here. We could use it!

@redrockgirl – I like popcorn and it has a high fiber content. If you do air popped it really isn’t a bad deal. But the salt does cause water retention.

Still Day 22 –

@liathanail – good for you with the staying the course & losing the lbs while traveling! That’s tough and you’re doing it.

@steve toon taxi driver – somebody’s looking forward to holidays! Have a great time!

@lilymartin – may you have a turn around week! Together we are stronger!

Day 23 – Perth Western Australia
    FD

Day 23 FD country West Australia
    Really looking forward to getting back on track and not worrying about food this week.
    @flourbaby so glad you didn’t feel the effects of the wine because it certainly WAS delicious.
    A smooth almost clear semillon sauvignon blanc ( SSB) followed by a rather nice 2014 pert little chardy.
    (Not usually a chardy drinker but Chardonnays are back in vogue and vastly different from the ones we used to drink 20 years ago. Very drinkable.!)
    Thinking about purchasing a bottle of the champagne we tried at one of the wineries so we can celebrate Melbourne Cup Day ( the first Tuesday in November – the horse race that stops a nation !)
    It was seriously delicious – even for one not given to too many bubbles.
    But why is wine so much more expensive at the cellar door than in the shops ??
    @RedRockGirl, hope you enjoy your father’s 97th birthday. What a wonderful age! He must have been doing something right all these years.
    @bert really impressed by your decluttering efforts. I have been reading and thinking about it for a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time. But as my children keep saying perhaps it’s in the actual DOING not just the READING about it…..! And also happy birthday to your OH.
    @stevetoon enjoy your holiday🥂
    Have a good week everyone – I have a good feeling about it.😃

Day 23 – Japan – FD (Y2F1) 83.3kg

I’m calling this Fast #1 of year two. My first year was longer than a year. The start of this year was delayed.

I’m feeling well enough to fast. I’m still coughing a lot and have a slightly sore throat with some nasal issues, but I’m actually feeling pretty well. Well see how it goes.

Slowly getting back into working out.

Day 23 Gold Coast FD

Day 22, Mountaintop PA USA, NFD

Thank you all so much for the Happy Birthday greetings. As we climb the birthday ladder each one is special.

I started my day with my usual cup of coffee, took to the trail for my 3.5 mile hike uphill, downhill, up, up, up hill and back.

Enjoyed my protein waffle with a huge pile of berries, kiwi, and banana.

Played golf with DH of 49 years followed by a delicious dinner at one of our favorite fine dining restaurants in Northeast PA.

Our trees are peaking this week, about 10 days later than usual. The late warm weather has been an added gift this year.

Finished off the day watching amazing Outlander and Poldark episodes. So much drama and excitement I will be dreaming technicolor tonight.

For the record my weight loss journey is almost 4 years with the first 3 walking and losing 32 pounds and the last 10 months adding Fast 5:2and losing another 16 pounds. Since it takes me a month to lose 1.5 pounds or a little more, once it is gone I am on to the next level. This is a positive WOL. BTW I regularly enjoy Cosmos and red wine. It’s all part of the program.

Tomorrow will be a FD and another hike, 800 calories and a cleansing day. One day at a time is what we do.

Day 23, Norway, FD
    Back from my cabintrip with OH and some friends…omg! glad to be back home!!

And …i left wednesday evening, and was supposed to have my second FD of the week on thursday…didnt happen… even ate breakfast everyday except sunday, and ate candy and chocolate too 🙁 … during sunday breakfast i sat in the sofa and just observed …oh my!!…so didnt eat until 4.30 …ate 850kcal + some m&m’s….was scared for the scales today… up just a few hundred grams…HAPPY!! Must have been all the jogging to the closed gate everytime someone needed to drive through, and all the steps for checking the boat at getting rid of some garbage at the quay 🙂

SO happy for your weightloss @mari84, and a tiny bit jealous 🙂 i feel im still stuck, so something needs to be done from my side…i’ve told my OH that ground beef (kjøttdeig) is now limited to once a week… and im keeping my diet coke for now, if not im craving too much of everything else. Coke Zero is my safety blanket, i need it, gonna keep it….still….

Bought some new clothes too, smaller sizes and they look fine.

FD for me today, broth for lunch i guess.

For those who have tried several, like 3-4 FD’s in a row…how much have you lost, and those is stay off when you go back to 2 fds for a week?—thinking i might have to jumpstart my system?

Update – I now have only 16 hours to go in my zero calorie fast. I was worried about it after not fasting for a couple of weeks, however it seems my body hasn’t forgotten how to fast. I’ve only had mild hunger. So it seems getting back into 5:2 isn’t that hard. 🙂

Day 23 | Sydney Australia | FD

It’s nearly 5:30 pm and I’ve had a couple of very small cans of tuna (to which I added some sweet chilli sauce) and a couple of cups of coffee. All up, about 200 calories.

when I get home I’ll knock up something with konjac noodles. Not sure if I’ll experiment and make some chicken noodle soup, or maybe a stir fry. I should be able to knock up a big meal with 200 or 300 calories.

Last week started well, two fasting days, then it was all downhill after that. This week will hopefully be better.

Day 23 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Pressing reset……another weekend of eating, drinking…another jump on the scales, my weight really fluctuates a lot after a weekend. Will try for a liquid only FD today.

Day 21 NFD
    Day 22 NFD
    Day 23 FD – Brisbane, Australia

It is now 4:30pm and I have been fasting for 21 hours. I must admit I am feeling hungry but dinner will be in less than 2 hours so I figure I can hold out until then. This is my very first 24 hour 0 cal fast. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it might be but I am looking forward to some chicken and veges for dinner.
    All the talk of holidays has left me feeling a bit jealous…we will take our caravan to the Gold Coast for the first three weeks in January so I do have something nice to look forward to. Hoping to lose a few more kgs before then.
    @steve toon taxi driver have a fantastic holiday.
    @steffieagle Happy Birthday, it sounds like you had an amazing day. I can’t even remember how much I weighed pre kids…but that is an outstanding achievement for you to get back there…congratulations.
    @bert1802 I am inspired by your decluttering and spring cleaning…what a great feeling when it is all done. I am looking forward to having that feeling one day in the future 😊
    Stay strong everyone, remember this is a journey not a race!

DISCIPLINE, NOT DESIRE DETERMINES YOUR DESTINATION.

Day 23 London FD

Day 23 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 FD

Day 23 UK FD

I have had a rotten week and eaten far too much and my weight is back above where it was at the start of the month and back above eleven stone 🙁 I am not happy with myself and still not feeling well with another wave of cold symptoms hitting me this morning. I woke needing my inhaler last night for the first time this year I think. I am hoping that a water/black coffee fast and a good walk will lift me out of this hole. My hormones are not helping. After months of no period one started today. The menopause is playing with me. But hopefully that means the weight will come off easily enough and I still have a chance to get under 150 lbs by the end of the month…

Day 23, Newcastle UK, FD

Just caught up on weekend posts. There is a similar theme running through that made me think about that saying ‘it’s the journey not the destination’ or something along those lines. In any event, I had a lightbulb moment when I realised there really isn’t a final destination for any of us vizaviz the fight against excess weight. Even those in maintenance are still on the journey.
    Birthday greetings for yesterday @steffieagle and congratulations on being in a perfect place on your journey.
    @califdreamer, @penz & @flourbaby – I shall remind myself that Peanut Butter KitKats and Snickers will always be available for when I’m on the maintenance leg of my journey. Right now my bigger problem is the wine dragon which ultimately leads to all the other dragons getting loose. I’m with you @lilymartin on putting those scales away for the time being. I’m going to put @onahealthyhigh‘s sage advice to work. ‘Focus on one small change at a time’. This week is about keeping the wine demon locked up.

Love and hugs to all those struggling with one thing or another and best wishes to all on our forever journeys. @steve toon taxi driver – you still haven’t said where your cruise is taking you – have a super time.

after being afk for over a week

Day 15 – West Midlands, UK – NFD
    Day 16 – West Midlands, UK – NFD
    Day 17 – West Midlands, UK – NFD
    Day 18 – West Midlands, UK – NFD
    Day 19 – West Midlands, UK – NFD
    Day 20 – West Midlands, UK – NFD
    Day 21 – West Midlands, UK – NFD
    Day 22 – West Midlands, UK – NFD

not a great week (ish) but not terrible food wise.

I saw my sister for the first time in ages (like years) and we lost a furbaby – Wednesday we were out with my sister when a friend of my daughter phoned and told her that Ting was dead on the side of the road … the 2 hour drive home was one of the worst. He was only 2 and is now buried in the garden, we are going to get a rose to mark the spot.

Weigh in with weight watchers was good … down 2.5lb and I have now hit their goal (I want to lose another 20-25lb). Sadly OH was up 3, but that is still down 4lb over 2 weeks.

Anyhoo another week, and another opportunity to be awesome

Have a good one

Day 23 Belfast FD

Feeling bloated after an alcohol and sugar fest at the weekend. Back well and truly on the wagon. I only meant to have a couple of drinks on Friday night, but once that dragon is out… you know the score.
    @lindasue sounds like you’re having fun with clearing out and some new purchases. Enjoy!
    @penz – I’m away for a week’s holiday early November, so we’ll look in earnest when we come home. We’ve already been to the Dogs’Trust and they had a litter of collie cross pups. I could have taken them all home! Unfortunately, they were due for rehoming the week before we go.
    @daffodil2010 I love the expression ‘Eating rings round me’. Sadly it has applied to me too this weekend.
    @maayyaa well done on your purchase of smaller clothes.
    @redrockgirl302 – 97 is an amazing age. Congratulations to your dad.
    @lilymartin – you descriptions of the wine are making me salivate!
    @steffieagle – 49 years is an amazing achievement! When do you celebrate the big 50?
    @fatrabbit you can do it!

Having just undone all my good work for the month, I’m now seriously back in control for the rest of the month.

Have a good day everyone!

Day 23, Belfast, NFD

@coda @In it to thin it @metatauta @awilson @at @bert1802 … thanks for all your kind words xxx

@steffieagle Happy belated birthday!

@steve toon taxi driver…hope you enjoy your holiday. You’ve earned it dude!

@lilymartin – your trip sounds amazing! With that quality of food and wine around you, it’d be rude NOT to partake!

****DAY 23 – POCKETEERS****
    ***If you’re fasting today and want to join, copy and paste the list adding your name***
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!

@tsubaki
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @camcd
    @maayyaa
    @big_bill
    @daffodil2010
    @aljomisaza
    @jo15
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @fatrabbit
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @debster251
    belfastsink

GOOD LUCK!

Day 23 – 🇬🇧- FD

Day 23 Wales FD

It seems we are resetting for a positive final week of the month, good luck everyone.

Day 22/16:8 CD/Melbourne Australia

Day 23/FD

Good night fellow Pocketeers my day 23 is already over and I’m happily tucked in bed ready for a blissful nights rest if the insomnia dragon doesn’t visit. Today’s fast turned into liquid only due to a visit to the dentist late this afternoon. Nothing major but I had to wait to eat and decided not to bother. Only 120 calories consumed – numerous cups of tea with a splash of milk and miso soup for lunch.

Lately I’ve lost sight of why I started 5:2. I’m in my 4th year now. I’ve fallen into the habit of focusing on my weight rather than the health benefits. Today I had an appointment with a condescending public servant to sort out an issue with my medicare card. After making me feel quite incompetent I was told how important it is for ladies of a certain age to have access to medical resources so we can obtain all the medications we need to lower cholesterol, manage blood pressure and to stave off diabetes and osteoporosis and other health issues. I was really taken aback, and so was she, when I said I’m not on any medication. I’m sure 5:2 and the changes I made to my lifestyle have contributed to my much improved health. Weight loss has been a bonus.

Day 23, South Wales, FD

Hi folks, feeling motivated to try a LFD today to see if I can shift a lb or two after a frustratingly long plateau….Oct 31st looms!

@steffieagle – happy birthday and thanks for a great post. It’s very motivating. I would love to be back at the pre-kids weight and you’re proof it’s possible!

@steen toon taxi driver – happy hols!

Day 23 – Woking – Nuremberg – FD
    239.7lbs
    Off to the airport in 30 minutes. I haven’t been organised today so no pasta for lunch. Hopefully I don’t slip up on the fast day.
    I want to have a good week this week – fewer workshops planned and no all day meetings so I should get in a bit more walking and I’m planning to up my water consumption.
    Aiming for another FD on Wednesday and hitting the hotel gym tomorrow.
    I’m determined to break this plateau cause by travelling and get back to losing.

Day 23…..Florida……NFD

Today is the last day OH and I have together before he heads back to work. I’m home tues as we have to have the riser, plumbing term replaced in our kids bathroom. Not sure what will be doing but We had made plans to go to a open air market but it’s looking a bit drizzly out this morning, so change of plans perhaps?

I slept horribly last night, not sure why? ….to much food maybe? Ended up sleeping late, woke up to an empty house, YS at school, OS at work and OH at mass. Such a shame because I told OH, I’d go to mass with him this morning. Something, I tell my self, I should do more often. Even though, we are both strong in our faith, we do things a bit different. He goes to mass daily, I go only on first Friday. Only because he believe that is part of his journey and how he repents. I believe faith is something you must live and practice in everyday life and how you live is how you repent.

Thank you for all your good vibes on my decluttering challenge. One more room and it’s complete. Although, it’s been a process, it has really been a weight lift off my shoulders and is making life easier. It’s crazy how much unnecessary stuff a household can accumulate over 10 years. That was my last big clean out.

I’m not sure who asked but I find that when doing several B2B FD, that I tend to loose interest in the bad things and what I loose during that time stays away.

Okay, well I’m starting to get rained on….

I saw a little stiletto of a man, he’s on the loose, he’s on the loose carrying a can of fandango!

Day 23 – USA – NFD

@onahealthyhigh, I wish I would have been able to see the look on that public servant’s face when you said you were on no meds! @cipher1971, so sorry to hear of your fur baby’s passing…they are like family and I can empathize!

Day 23, US, FD

Martini dragon was unleashed last night. feeling it today!

Day 23 Akron OH FD. Reset button firmly pressed! I’m with you @debster251
    @onahealthyhigh thank you for the reminder; I agree with you, sometimes we focus on the scale and forget the health benefits of this WOL. My visit with my PCP last week went very well, she was very impressed by my numbers and blown away by the 16 pound weight loss from my last visit. She asked me how I did it and I was happy to share!
    @cipher1971 congratulations on the 2.5lb weightloss
    @strawberriesandcream you echoed my thoughts exactly. I stopped saying I am in maintenance because it led to lack of self-control and terrible numbers on the scale. I have to start weighing in again though because as of last week I was terribly out of control; and I have to put the flavored beer away for the next little while, because it begins a terrible cascade or eating things that are not good for me, then I sleep all day, have terrible night sweats and wake up feeling irritable. Seriously, I kept asking myself “why?” I also realized that figuring out my triggers, what works for me and what doesn’t are all important parts of my journey. I got in the habit of bingeing (because I could) and then trying to undo the binge with B2B LFD which led to more bingeing, which led to more B2B FD. That is not the way I want to live my life, and somehow I got away from the reason I started this WOL in the first place; everything in moderation, within reason BUT within a healthy lifestyle.
    So my reset button is firmly pushed, I plan to hold myself accountable, stay within TDEE, exercise regularly, while occasionally enjoying treats and special occasions with my family and friends.
    @fatrabbit do not despair, you and I are in the same boat. However, we have a few things working in our favor: we know what works, we know how to get it done, and we have a great support system to help us get there. Let’s take it one day at a time… Hugs all the way from Akron OH 🙂
    @Stevetoondriver Happy Birthday
    @bert1802 you are superwoman in my book, congrats to your hubby on his birthday
    @steffieagle Happy birthday
    @maayyaa congrats on your smaller size buy, yay!
    @dykask I am so glad you are feeling better
    @cipher1971 my sympathy at the loss of your furbaby 🙁
    Have a fantastically awesome day everyone 

Onahealthyhigh – I didn’t realise you’d been on this journey for so long. What a testament to this WOL your journey has been. It’s fantastic that you’re med free – what a motivational post. 😃
    @steve Toon – enjoy every minute of your holiday!
    @bert1802 now that the evenings are drawing in I’m going to take a leaf out of your book. Decluttering here we come!
    @Cipher so sorry to hear about the loss of your fur baby.
    @basyjames and any one else resetting – we can and will do this! I was at an all time low last Thursday and blew it because of the booze and associated nibbling. That’s my trigger for sure and I know how to fix it. I’m so close to maintenance but can’t just seem to go those last few pounds. I WILL get there.

Out of curiosity do we have someone to take over the reins in November?

Remember: if you don’t change your mind you won’t change your body.

Day 23 – USA (UT visiting) – NFD

Why does food always taste so good when someone else makes it? Last night daughter cooked a nice spaghetti, salad and bread. Of course, I had to unleash the red 🍷 for one glass. Not even getting on the scale this morning as I ate fairly late.

@onahealthyhigh – congrats to you on your healthy life! No wonder you’re on a high?! I also get kudos for not being on any meds at age 69. Some people are quite astounded. I do take all the vitamins and supplements recommended, though, so I do have some daily intake.

@steffieagle – enjoy your time with OH and belated happy birthday to you! We are right behind you at 49 years of marriage in January.

Kids and daughter back to school and work after fall break weekend. I hope to find a silver sneakers class to go to today or just do a gym workout on my own.

Onward and downward!

Day 23, London, UK, NFD,

It’s been a relatively controlled weekend, well it would have to be after the last two!!!!!

I’ve eaten well, shared one (just one) bottle of wine, had a Thai meal, carbed out with family, and yet the scales aren’t doing that bouncy-bouncy thing; I haven’t felt deprived and although I probably won’t make my October target, I feel positive and in control.

I’m looking forward to making this last week of the challenge count!!!!

Day 23 – SW WA USA – FD

Joining in a hopefully liquid FD today. Made pretty good choices on the weekend but the scale did move up a tad so need to move things back down. With you @lynned, hoping a LFD helps in moving off a long plateau. Actually, I’m feeling pretty hopeful this month.

***If you’re fasting today and want to join, copy and paste the list adding your name***

@tsubaki
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @camcd
    @maayyaa
    @big_bill
    @daffodil2010
    @aljomisaza
    @jo15
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @fatrabbit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @debster251
    belfastsink
    @annemarilyn

Day 23, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

After an indulgent weekend (pumpkin cheese cake, chocolate babka, apple cinnamon cake- all eaten with whipped cream, of course 😄😅), I firmly press the reset button! I am with all you lovely fasters. Glad not to be alone! 😊

Yes, I agree, maintenance is the goal but the journey continues.

Have a good Monday everyone! 😊😊😊

Day 23 – McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    I was doing such a good job having a CD yesterday until the little neighbor girl brought over some peanut butter cookies (my favorite) hot right out of the oven. 🍪 Well I fell on them like I was starving. 😐 Sooooo, today is a FD, lets see if I can recover my dignity.

@califdreamer – I will do a rain dance for you!! 🌧☔️💦🌈
    @dykask – I hope you dodged the typhoon predicted for Tokyo 🌪💨 Glad you are back to your old fasting ways.
    @steffieagle – The description of your birthday sounds wonderful!!
    @cipher1971 – So sorry to hear about the loss of your fur baby!!
    @onahealthyhigh – Good for you to be off all meds. You are right, this is about our health and quality of life. Thank you for the reminder.

Day 23, Gozo Malta, fd

Yesterday I ate above tdee. I ate three chocolate flapjacks I made on Saturday which were cut small but came at 430 calories. I ate southern fried chicken takeaway with chips and then had a salmon salad with toasted pittas in a restaurant in the evening.

Today I was 0.2 kilos more than yesterday and from the start of October.

I’m fasting today but have a Eucharist meeting with mass and agape (everyone brings food and drinks and we share and eat what’s offered). So I’ll try to eat as healthy as possible but it won’t be a real fast day calorie wise. Tomorrow I’ll fast.

Good evening/night everyone. Onwards and downwards

Day 23 California NFD

FD yesterday went well. Down to 60.4 this morning. Today will be a controlled day because I’m traveling for work 3 days of this week.

Day 23 NFD Norway
    Had a good fast yesterday and a good run this afternoon, so happier now than I was on Friday, when I had too much chocolate and etc.. managed to stay away from the sweet stuff for the rest of the weekend though.

@rainbowsmile, I also struggle with sleeping on FDs. I found stopping the caffeine after noon,, not only coffee, but coke light and black tea helps. I take magnesium supplements and sometimes melatonin a couple of hours before bedtime, and I feel it helps. I also try to save most of my calories till as late as possible, and have a big bowl of soup for supper, which fills me up. I have extra salt in it as well, it’s more filling for some reason!

Next FD on Wednesday. I’ll be alone at work, so I’ll try to have only one meal in the evening and see if I sleep better!

Day 22 North Wales NFD
    Day 23 North Wales FD

@tsubaki
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @camcd
    @maayyaa
    @big_bill
    @daffodil2010
    @aljomisaza
    @jo15
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @fatrabbit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @debster251
    @belfastsink
    @annemarilyn
    @molij

Good FD today, staying strong on the no sweets and dry October. Cannot wait to have a glass of wine the first of November. I have missed it. Nothing nicer than a glass of wine with a special home cooked meal.

Love reading all your posts

Together we are stronger 💪💪💪💪💪

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 1,507 total)

You must be logged in to reply.