November 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 756 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 760 total)

• Day 12 UK FD

Arghhhhh stressful Monday morning so far but I am determined to get through this fast day. Good luck everyone.

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob

Day 12, Emden Germany, LFD

we had a wonderful, joyous and fun weekend with DH’s family, it was a beautiful wedding, did a lot of dancing. MIL has her good and not so good days, yesterday she was very sleepy and calm, but it was fine. Thanks to all for the support.

Last week we both didn’t feel the need to fast, so this morning DH saw 78.2 kg on the scales, to me it said 61.3 kg (4.1 kg up from Nov. 1st)! We know how we got there, back to normal today and tomorrow, on Wednesday we’ll have the traditional goose dinner with the old neighbourhood gang.

@dingping well done on the FD on Saturday, you did it without me! Had to look up EFT, looks promissing, I really hope it will work.

@longlife1 hoi en welkom!

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 12, Surrey (UK), 800 cal FD

Still carrying on with the maintenance experimentation phase. Had a fairly relaxed weekend – included 1 glass of beer and some chocolate, otherwise pretty much as usual. Weight currently 151.6lb, 1.6lb above target. I don’t really mind where today’s FD takes me. I just want the satisfaction of completing it. As with a good exercise session, I simply feel better for having done it.

Interesting discussion about anxiety, feeling low and catastrophising – all of which I can identify with. About 2 years ago I had some CBT treatment, and it really helped me to identify the negative feelings and learn to ‘isolate’ them. It’s about mindfulness, really. The trick seems to be to identify having the negative thoughts, then just to observe them in a non-judgemental way. It doesn’t stop them, but it helps take the sting out of them. I’ve been feeling quite low myself recently. I think the combination of dark evenings and the poignant remembrance ceremonies just make things harder. Time to bring out the big guns and plan a holiday and some fun activities!

I had to look up EFT tapping – it looks interesting, I might give it a go. My favourite therapy at the moment is park runs. I love being outdoors, even in the wet! I completed my 3rd run on Saturday, and am thinking about doing a 10k next.

I should say as well – losing the excess weight has had a huge positive impact on my wellbeing. It hasn’t completely cured the anxiety – that would take a miracle! – but feeling physically fitter, stronger and healthier has definitely been a positive outcome.

So…keep on keeping on, it really, really is worth it, and so are you all!

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @fatfingers

Day 12 NC USA FD

Just adding my name to the list.

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @fatfingers
    @beththenew

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

Just popping to say best wishes to all you fasters today. Weekend for me was staying at maintenance.

Busy day planned with meetings and our last Monday night rehearsal before our Choral Society concert next Sunday – lots of details to rehearse tonight.

Onward and downward.

Day 12 North Canton OH FD
    My weekend was supposed to be a nice relaxing one, the first I have had in ages. But alas, old habits die hard. I woke up at 7am way earlier than I wanted to, then decided to take my yard leaves to the recycling center – all 14 bags of them, which meant two trips, then decided to go pick up a Christmas tree and then went off to do some window shopping. First of all, there were way too many people in the store and the traffic was terrible! Of course, I found the perfect cabinet for my formal dining room, only problem was it was too large to fit in my car. So I made a couple trips to Lowes to rent a pickup truck; I did not get around to my original plan to settle in front of the fireplace until 5pm. In addition, I ate way too much and could not sleep both nights because of a nagging headache brought on by imbibing sugar after my stressful day. There is a lesson in this story somewhere ๐Ÿ™‚

@ccco I am quite impressed with your regimen, I will have to make note to try next year. Please continue to share your progress

@rainbowsmiles great idea, I wish you success with the class

@michelinme sometimes we meet and click with others, and those are the best friendships of all

@longlife1 welcome to the challenge, itโ€™s never too late to join. Thank you @shinything for getting @longlife1and @kaywesterman up to speed on the spreadsheet

Motivational quote of the week:
    You canโ€™t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water
    Rabindranath Tagore

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear

Day 12 – UK – FD
    Day 10-11 – NFD

A busy weekend with some overindulgence as you will see below so a definite FD is needed today!

Yummy vegetarian meal out on Friday with OH and we both enjoyed the Jazz quartet afterwards as I did the red wine ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท
    No alcohol on Saturday but a bit of a feast day starting off with brunch out with girlfriends whilst OH was off doing a fell race, followed by afternoon tea with different friends and catching up with the Rugby as well. OH and I then shared a very tasty homemade seafood paella that night………..
    Yesterday was an afternoon watching a live telecast of the Bolshoi Ballet new production of Bournonvilleโ€™s La Sylphide with my ballet friends – a beautifully romantic ballet! and I admit that we did share a bottle of a lovely sauvignon blanc during the interval……..
    The good news is I managed a 5:2 with regards to alcohol last week ๐Ÿ˜‡

My regular dental check up this morning after the hygienist on Friday – all happy – 6 month review!

Glad that the poem I shared rang a bell with many of you – It’s a great one

@cornish-jane – shame about the storm damage…..
    @sparklyshoes – so difficult for the youngsters to know what they want to do with their lives – so much choice! unless you have a specific career in mind…….Hope she finds something that stimulates her
    @daffodil2010 – hope the shopping was successful – not a pretty match but Ireland came out on top ๐Ÿ‰
    @longlife1 – welcome on board – lots of support given on here! same age as me……
    @flourbaby – sounds like a hectic weekend but good fun apart from that flat tyre!!!!
    @kaywesterman – welcome back from your month of travels and no gain – how wonderful is that!
    @gretta – one week to go……
    @snowflake56 – good to hear that the weekend was a great success

Must go get ready to meet my usual Monday afternoon coffee group followed by my Pilates class and then an evening yoga class – usual Monday routine helps to make it a FD

So I’m joining Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @at

USA Day 12 FD

Just popped in to add myself to the pocket list. Today begins the week with one meal per day!

@gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @at
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 12 – Ireland – FD

Hi all, thanks for the kind messages of welcome back! It is good to be here… Like some of you I am in a bit of a rut at the moment with a lot of things on my mind and eating up my time but this is such a great place to come and feel like you’re not the only one..I think it is our busy lives with lots of family, work and other pressures that weigh so heavily from time to time…anyway my fix for that is 5:2 and exercise in the open air so here I am… I will try to post daily from today on…
    Fast day today and hoping to keep up the momentum now that I’m back. You are really such a kind group of people – I feel very privileged to be able to come slot back in….thank you all!

@gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @at
    @ccco
    @jaifaim

Have a great day everyone – onward and downward!

Day 12 FD Arizona, USA

Do you all find it better to do FD on a heavy exercise day or a no exercise day? Which would be better for the 5:2? I am half-marathon training:

M 3 mile run
    T rest day
    W 3 mile run
    Th rest day
    F 4 mile run (or longer depending on training schedule)
    S cross-training: hike day
    S rest day

Wanting to do this right! Thanks in advance.

Day 12, Finland, FD

Just checking in and adding my name to the pocket list

@gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @at
    @ccco
    @jaifaim
    @kerryn73

Have a great day everyone.

Hi Day 12 in NI fast day for me and so far so good

Day 12 Pocket List – we seemed to loose a few when the list was copied so I hope I have everyone firmly in everyone’s pocket

@gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @fatfingers
    @beththenew
    @at
    @ccco
    @jaifaim
    @kerryn73
    @coda

Not read posts but will do my best to get updated – love to all x

Day 12 – Eastern WA USA – FD

@coda – thanks for putting the pocket list back together

@snowflake56 – so glad you had a joyous weekend!

@lpswaite – many exercise in a fasted state; try it and see how you do. Just be sure to stay hydrated.

Going for a 48 hour water fast; began yesterday about 6:00 PM and going through tomorrow same time. Then plan to enjoy a meal.

Day 12 Pocket List โ€“

@gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @fatfingers
    @beththenew
    @at
    @ccco
    @jaifaim
    @kerryn73
    @coda
    @annemarilyn

Wishing all a successful Monday!

Day 12: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Back to work to a really hard day after a week off. FIVE lots of leaflets for every house as well as all the mail and parcels! UUGGHH…

USA Day 12 FD
    Second Post

My meal for the day is over and my kitchen is closed until tomorrow! I ate an apple for dessert, which is very filling due to all its fiber. That meal should hold me over until tomorrow, along with lots of water!

Day 12 UK FD
    Day 11 UK NFD

Went slightly off piste yesterday but didn’t fall off the waggon – at least in part bc I took good with me to have a healthy late ahead of the evening festivities. During the evening I consumed two glasses of white wine and some cheese, and my home journey chocolate cravings were successfully diverted into a mini snack box of nuts, fruit and dark chocolate at less than 200 calories, followed by a late supper of vegetable stew with cheese. The combination of forward planning and taking time to make mindful choices seems to be paying off bc today my carbtastic tum seems to be smaller today, even if my weight is a little up on Friday.

Glad to have taken this morning as quiet time and started the week with yoga & meditation, then catching up with my lovely house guest until she left around 4pm. I’ve been getting ready for a meeting first thing tomorrow, got one email and one piece of work ahead of Wednesday’s meeting and I can switch off.

I had egg, tomatoes and apples around 4pm and have a vegetable stew lined up for supper shortly, with spiced stewed apple and blackberries if there’s room. Be v glad of a bath and an early night ahead of the last couple of busy days.

Wishing you all a good week x

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @fatfingers
    @beththenew
    @basyjames
    @at
    @ccco
    @jaifaim
    @lpswaite
    @kerryn73
    @coda
    @annemarilyn
    @michelinme

DAY 12 – 2nd Post

Supposed to have been a FD. Had my food planned and available. However this afternoon I was very hungry and had crackers and cheese. About 200 calories worth. If Iโ€™d stopped there I could still claim a FD (had a bowl of salad leaves with Parmesan shavings for lunch at about 150 calories).

When I came downstairs from my bath my dp had done my evening meal of home made meat pie and roast potatoes with onion and mushroom gravy. It would have been rude not to eat it ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Still way under my TDEE. Nonetheless it will be a FD tomorrow.

Hope other peeps have done better than me today.

HI!

I hope I can join this challenge. I am trying to shed the last 5 lbs using ADF. Right now, just focusing on one day at a time!

I love fasting though.

USA Day 12 FD

Welcome Peace! Of course you can join us! People join in the middle of each month’s challenge all the time! I don’t have much to lose either but that can be challenge in itself! LOL Good luck!

Day 12, UK, FD

It has been a successful FD, thank God ๐Ÿ™‚ , it was needed. Its always much easier when I’m busy, and today I was our and about running errands until 5pm.
    Had my meal of roasted veggies than, followed by an apple and pear later. Will have some more food later, I know its late but not for me as I always eat late.
    I don’t want to feel deprived ๐Ÿ™‚

@michelinme something you said not long ago really stuck with me, you said that our bodies go through changes and do their own thing when we fast and changes happen even if we don’t see the scales reflecting that …. something along those lines. It is really helpful, and it always comes back to my mind when I’m fasting , specially if I’m struggling. Thank you xx

@dykask sorry to hear your family is having a dispute, its never easy. I hope it all gets resolved.

@peace welcome and good luck ๐Ÿ˜€

@lpswaite I think exercising and fasting works differently for different people, some enjoy exercising while fasting, some find it better not to. I prefer not to exercise heavily on my FD, but you need to try and see how you feel I think ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great evening everyone ๐ŸŒผ

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @fatfingers
    @beththenew
    @basyjames
    @at
    @ccco
    @jaifaim
    @lpswaite
    @kerryn73
    @coda
    @annemarilyn
    @michelinme
    @shinything

Day 12, Gozo, Malta, nfd

I didnโ€™t manage a fd today. I kept nibbling.

Tomorrow Iโ€™ll try for a fast day. I have gone up in weight.

Good evening/night everyone.

Day 12 Minnesota, USA FD
    Day 11 NFD….under TDEE

Great posts. Hanging in there today as of 6:05 pm at 400 cals. Putting myself on pocket list with all of you to stay strong. Evenings can be hard to stay out of the pantry.

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @fatfingers
    @beththenew
    @basyjames
    @at
    @ccco
    @jaifaim
    @lpswaite
    @kerryn73
    @coda
    @annemarilyn
    @michelinme
    @shinything
    @northerndawn

See you in the morning! May everyone have a great day!

Day 13 – Japan – NFD

Made it though water fast #81. This time it wasn’t bad at all. Not sure if I can fast again this week as there are a lot of family events.

Day 12 Canada NFD
    Hang in there @northerndawn you have nearly made it.
    Had a wonderful weekend, will be back tomorrow. Itโ€™s a FD yay!!

Day 12 Ohio, US FD(#27)
    Day 9 NFD
    Day 10 NFD
    Day 11 NFD

Today’s FD went well, although I didn’t feel like eating the full calorie quota. I really didn’t know whether or not I should eat way below the level. Since there were some signs of a possible cold, I decided to “force” myself to eat the whole quota. Day 9 and 11 NFD’s were right on target for the TDEE, but Day 10 was way over. The bakery section of the supermarket where I was shopping had just packaged some fresh baked muffins and things went downhill pretty quickly.

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week!

Day 13 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Has been a relatively healthy day, PT this morning, and lots of running around. Dentist tonight so looking forward to a good clean!

@lpswaite I recently did a half (not sure i’m dedicated enough to train for a full marathon), but I usually use my FD’s to do reformer pilates, lots of walking, and I play mixed netball which usually falls on a FD. I eat OMAD so just try to have dinner before netball and then straight to bed. As the others have said its whatever works for you, though i find if i do a big session in the morning I’m starving by lunch so it makes a FD much harder!

Good luck to all those fasting today!

Gretta x

Day 13, Cornwall UK, NFD

Good fast day yesterday after an indulgent weekend. I am beating myself up in my head as I had a good loss last week and now think I reversed it at the weekend and will go back up this week, etc etc. Its just a minor form of catastrophising, of which there has been some talk on this forum. From experience I know this happens and I just need to keep going. If I give up then it will feel worse.

Now up and off to yoga and I know I will feel refreshed when I get back.

@gretta – have a fab spring wedding in Aus – big best wishes for the day and stay with us afterwards for maintenance.

@daffodil2010 – was watching Ashtanga yoga videos and realise i have been doing some of this in our Vinyasa Flow classes! I think the teachers mix things up based on what they like. There is a very good youtuber called Kino Yoga who does 15min Ashtanga yoga sessions which are really good to do at home. She’s super good at explaining the moves so you can keep the intensity going without pausing. I find too much stop and start in yoga breaks the focus and lessens the mental benefit as i get irritated! Let us know what you find next.

@dykask – your commitment to fasting is impressive. Sorry your family troubles are taking you off track. Stay strong and true to yourself to see it through to the other side.

@ciren2 – my greenhouse and polyhouse are the same thing! It is an unconventional structure made to suit our windy site so I don’t know what to call it! My plants love it in there – still growing as it gets colder.

Day 13 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Managed a decent enough FD yesterday, that weekend weight is going down. I suppose this is one of my plateau times…where I see the same few pounds coming and going over the weeks. Looking back over my progress since July 2017, I have had about three Whoosh months (Aug 2017, Dec 2017, Aug 2018), I have had a number of holidays where weight gain of up to 10lb has taken a while to shift, and I have had a couple of months of sitting on Mount Plateau (Feb 2018, October and into Nov 2018).

Hey ho, on we go. Never give up. If I follow a pattern maybe December 2018 could be another Whoosh month ๐Ÿ˜†

@cornish-jane thanks for the yoga tips. It’s a busy time over the next few days getting ready for our trips but I will check out that Yogi youtuber you recommended and have myself a session at home. I don’t want to go back to the Kundalini yoga so am interested to see what will work for me now.

@songbirdme your girl has a beautiful voice. You must be so proud. โ˜บ๏ธ I come from a family of singers myself, everyone is mad to get up on stage and perform. My father has a superb voice and even at 82 he ain’t half bad. My sister and brother were semi professional there for a while. Me, well I can sing, but I would rather be part of the chorus than the main act. But singing is a wonderful release. No wonder you love it ๐Ÿค—

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

DAY 13 – UK – FD

How do others manage their hunger on FDs? Yesterday I became very hungry mid afternoon. I tried the distraction technique, hasten to add that didnโ€™t work. I just had to eat. I plan my food, I try to include all food groups to aid satiety.

What else could I do?

DAY 13 Pocket List
    @judyjudes

Day 13, Emden Germany, LFD

@peace welcome!

@at and @annemarilyn it was so nice to see all the nieces and nephews again and to catch up with their lives, they are aged between 14 and 45. For the siblings it was good to talk about other things as well and just celebrate the lovely couple.

@cornish-jane thanks for the yoga. I’ll look into the videos, I’m not the patient one, too much energy, it will be interesting to try out yoga, never done it.

@dingping how are you?

@judyjudes I always have soup in the freezer, it’s my savier at FD’s, sometimes a small mug is enough to stop the hunger. I don’t eat all the food groups on a FD, I try to do that on the other 5 days. Try to be relaxed, it’s only 2 days a week.

Yesterday’s LFD went fine so I’m going for another one today, weight down 1,7 kg, just water retention I think.

DAY 13 Pocket List
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 13 Belfast NFD

A while ago my pond pump went caput. Oh and I decided, after battles with blanket weed and the heron constantly eating our fish despite netting, that we would get rid of the pond. After an on going process of digging and filling, we finally finished it yesterday, having shovelled nearly two tonnes of topsoil. OH did the lionโ€™s share of the wheelbarrow, but I managed my fair share of raking and shovelling. Job done. In the process, we re-homed in next doorโ€™s pond some baby and grown up frogs and a fish that we didnโ€™t know was there. I must say Iโ€™ll miss the froggie love fest in and around the 14th February when they return to spawn and the dragon and damsel flies that glint their iridescent colours in the sunshine. I wonโ€™t miss the constant cleaning of the pump! Next project: to replant the new flower bed.
    @snowflake – so glad your wedding went so well. I loved the expression โ€˜we know how we got thereโ€™. I think we can all identify with that!
    @fatfingers – thank you for adding your story to the mental health discussion. For too long people have felt the need to hide their inner turmoil and itโ€™s so important in the process of healing.
    @basyjames – do you not home compost? That would save some of the hassle! And my goodness, youโ€™re early with your Christmas tree!
    @at – la Sylphide is a beautiful ballet. You seem to have a much wider selection of arts than us, although I may have missed it.
    @jaifaim – jump on that wagon. There are many of us hanging on by the skin of our teeth!
    @peace- welcome to this wonderful international forum.
    @dykask I hope you manage to sort your family troubles soon. Thereโ€™s nothing more stressful.

@Ipswaite – I do a swim training on my FD and find that I have more energy and like the feeling of the lightness. 64 lengths done last night and felt good!

Off to walk the dog and Pilates

Onwards and downwards!

Day 13, London, UK, FD

Ok, so I seem to be setting myself up for failure when I say โ€œToday WILL be mindful or controlled etc โ€ฆโ€ฆ..โ€. Yesterday turned into a bit of a feast day (chocolate binge for some reason!!), Iโ€™m not stressing over it, I just need to go with the flow until the end of the month without putting myself under too much pressure.

I canโ€™t believe weโ€™re almost half way through November, I feel like I lost a week somewhere!!! I need to start psyching myself up for the December madness. I donโ€™t plan to have any Baileys in the house this year โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. The last 2 Xmasโ€™s were 2 weeks off of work, fasting neglected, cheese boards galore, not to mention boxes & boxes of chocolate and, Oh yes โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. Baileys in my morning coffee โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. resulting in 8-10lbs reacquired โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ this is NOT what I want from THIS Xmas!!!! Planning, Planning, PLANNING!!!!!!

I hope everyone is feeling positive about the 2nd half of this month, I usually squander the 1st week then knuckle down; this time, my weekly planning and food diary have been neglected and I fear Iโ€™ll wake up tomorrow 3-4lbs heavier having had an overnight visit from the fat-fairy โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Not unheard of!!!! So I’m getting back to recording everything and taking a deep breath!!!

Keep on keeping on people, weโ€™ve got this!!!!!

Day 13, Finland, NFD

A successful FD yesterday and feeling much better after it. It’s nice how a FD can lift the spirits!

@fatfingers I too am enjoying Parkrun at the moment. The Helsinki run is just new, and it provides some motivation to get off the sofa. I beat my time last week by a minute!
    @cornish-jane, @daffodil2010 I tried Kino yoga after someone here recommended her and loved it. She is what has led me to subscribe to Omstars, which is Kinos own yoga web site. They have lots of different teachers and styles. Ashtanga is my favourite though so I like to follow Kino’s lessons.

About to start a couple of night shifts, which seems to help with controlled eating. Hope everyone has a great day!

Day 13 North Canton OH FD

I decided to do a B2B today to make up for EFS over the weekend

@michelinme good plan; my mum used to say if you fail to plan you are planning to fail!

@peace welcome to this fun group, of course you can join. I love fasting too! Most of us do.

@ipswaite, I work out primarily first thing in the morning, and since I am usually more energetic on the day after a FD I can get more done at the gym. I agree with @shinything, give it a try and see if it works for you. Most important thing is to listen to your body and adjust accordingly ๐Ÿ™‚

@judyjudes did you try water and gum? When I feel very hungry on my FD I drink a very large bottle of water and then chew some gum. Usually, that allows the feeling to pass. I have found that hunger pangs come and go, if you are able to wait it out; but that takes practice.

@debster251 we just moved in this home and we are still trying to figure things out, after we build a fence, we will probably start a compost heap which will come in handy for the veggie garden OH wants to plant next year. I plan to put up the Christmas tree and string some lights next weekend after Thanksgiving โ€“ LOL I know I am early

@flourbaby I am with you, I have been trying to begin a streak of food journaling on MFP and today is the day!

Day 13 Pocket list
    @matpi
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56 LFD
    @basyjames (B2B)

Motivational quote of the week:
    You canโ€™t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water
    Rabindranath Tagore

Day 13 UK NFD

Only been able to skim read over posts the last few days. Very grateful for all that have commented on managing anxiety and personal battles with it, its been very reassuring and helpful.

@debster251 – it is good to talk and share and thankfully here is a safe space to do just that, more than likely we won’t be the first to hit a problem or a bump in the road, we can learn so much from each other.
    I shall take on board your ‘grateful diary’ thanks.

@flourbaby and @shinything – thank you for sharing your struggles with anxiety and negativity, they can be all consuming and best to calm them down before they become a rage. @flourbaby, I have used niacin before but stoped, not sure why, what dose do you take and is it the flushing type?

@shinything – coming from a nursing/therapy background I know some of the stuff to manage all of this but putting it into practice on oneself is a different matter! Maybe some outside help to start the process would be a good idea for me. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been down lately but think your plan to bring out the ‘big guns’ is brilliant! I have got into the habit of not planning into the future as day to day life is such a battle but we all need things to look forward to. Life has been up in the air for far too long but I’m hoping things are going to turn around soon. I think my excessive worry and negativity is me trying to prepare myself for the worst, protecting myself should things go wrong as I’ll have already pre warned myself they would, if that makes sense? That thinking is getting me nowhere I need to deploy some ‘big guns’ of my own!

@snowflake56 – I know, I managed a Saturday FD without pocket list support, yay and hooray!!! So delighted you had a joyous weekend. x

@basyjames – good quote, going to take footsteps in the right direction.

Thanks to all, love reading all the posts even if it’s a struggle to comment on all but wishing everyone a happy and positive day!

Ta x

2nd Post

@basyjames I will try the water & gum combo!

Day 13: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    @dykask: the total is mounting; you’re brilliant at water-fasting.
    @peace: Great to have you. You love fasting…..how I wish I could say that!
    After two months of waiting and hoping we were selling our rental flat it FELL THROUGH..the mortgage company won’t lend to our buyers because the surveyor measured it as being one foot short on the “Square Meterage” criteria!!!!!!!!!
    Would you believe the jobs-worthiness of it?

Day 13, Gozo, Malta, cfd

I managed to get a cdf today at around 900 calories.

I made a coconut pumpkin soup with basmati rice especially for my pregnant daughter and for this evening a tarragon chicken served also with rice.

Tomorrow Iโ€™ll do another cfd. This morning I weighed at 70.1 kilos and I havenโ€™t been this much weight for more then two years.

Good luck everyone with your fd s maintaining or losing weight.

Day 13 UK CD

Yesterday was a good enough FD, and got thru my difficult tasks. Instead of rewarding myself with pudding opted for a lovely hot bath with epsom salts & my current fave essential oils – lavender,sweet orange and ylang ylang, which combination somehow smells like a hug feels ๐Ÿ™‚

This morning I was a miraculous 144lbs, down 3lbs since the start of the month – and almost back to my 1 October weight! Up, down, plateau – steady, stay, stay… it’s beginning to feel like dog training ๐Ÿ™‚ @shinything so glad it was helpful to share ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll be happy to be back on the plateau bc I could feel my body changes even while my weight seemed stuck, my fat suit kept shrinking in places i don’t usually measure but which make a difference, and I seemed to fall down a few clothes sizes. I liked the extra energy and focus too.

Made it up and ready to go into town at early o’clock, and on time for my meeting with just about enough of the right sort of head on. Clearly it was all in the preparation, again. Got home via retrieving a mislaid parcel, and faffed. Still have 40 feedback forms to analyse, 2 cakes to bake and 8 presents to wrap. (How??!!) But then I’ll be D O N E for scheduled meetings and urgent work. A further week of gentle catch up & follow up, catching up with home admin, hospital appointments and the like, and I’m a free woman – yay!

Broke yesterday’s fast with a late lunch at 3pm, a sort of hot rice salad with wild rice, peas, eggs, cheese and tomatoes. Perhaps soup or a small portion of stew and some berries for supper – It’s all just there ready to heat up, yay! Funny how it works once you get on a roll – @basyjames your mother was so right ๐Ÿ™‚

(Note to self – I’m just loving this preparedness, even tho it was so painful to achieve at the time! Hugely grateful to Past Me for looking after Present Me. Hope I can do the same for Future Me ๐Ÿ™‚ )

@flourbaby i’m with you in the lost-a-week thingy; how it it nearly mid November?!
    @judyjudes very cold fizzy water works for me, or hot vegemite if i’m feeling cold. An emergency apple, sometimes with a few nuts bc protein helps. And telling myself that i can have it a bit later, say in half an hour. It’s usually about getting thru the moment rather than about feeling hungry for hours, and once I get my brain focused elsewhere it gets easier…

Day 13 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Not sure what to call today as I’m continuing the fast from yesterday through 6:00 PM to make it 48 hours. Then I’ll have a good meal.

@judyjudes – I find what I eat the day before a fast sets me up for success. If I make sure to have low carb, some good protein and healthy fats (like avocado) the day before, the FD goes better. Also, as someone else mentioned, hunger doesn’t last, it comes in waves. I was starting to wonder about how much longer until I can eat a bit ago, I refilled my water glass and made some hot Tazo Passion tea. Hit the spot, and I’ll make it through 6:00 PM.

@kerryn73 – What do you do again? You’re speaking of night shifts.

@dykask – enjoy the family events! What’s good about this WOL is its flexibility.

@michelinme – you are so right, when we prepare we take care of ourselves down the line. Working part-time now, I’m enjoying trying different recipes – sharing some with my adult kids in town and getting more portions in the fridge or freezer. It makes a lot of difference having healthy choices ready.

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Thank you @michelinme & @annemarilyn , you both have very useful suggestions. I will definatley be more mindful next time I get the munchies.

Day 13 Canada FD

I have been reflecting on why and when I eat lately. One of the differences that has become quite obvious is that there are more times when I feel like eating than when I feel hungry.

Adding myself to today’s pocket list, so far only an apple and looking forward to BBQed salmon for dinner.

Day 13 Pocket list
    @matpi
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56 LFD
    @basyjames (B2B)
    @bellyblast

Day 13 Minnesota, USA NFD

Yesterday was a very good FD, at about 450. Thanks to @bellyblast for the encouragement, it really did help me stay out of the pantry!

@songbirdme….your daughter and her voice are absolutely beautiful, ethereal! You have a right to be so proud! I’m happy for you.

I hope to have time to get back on tonight. I’ve read posts up until last night (my time….6 hours after UK time). I have today’s posts to read.

Putting my mantra for the last 3 years back on here today:

“Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the ability to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill

This mantra is what allowed me to come back to the forum, in September, tail between my legs, after I had succeeded at weight loss goal in 2016, gained it all back, and therefore failed, in my opinion. And now, I’ve restarted my journey.

There is always hope for everyone. It doesn’t matter how many things you’ve tried or how long you’ve been at it, or if you stopped and now want to restart…get back on the wagon. I have, and I am doing it slower this time but it is still working and a downward trend.
    My jeans and pants fit nicely or loose, now, and that is such a wonderful feeling! No worry that the dryer will shrink clothes to the point of discomfort.

Well, anyway, I would tell you to stay at this WOL, even if it doesn’t seem fast enough. I think in the long run it will be better to lose slowly. For me, anyway. I lose an average of 0.8 lbs a week, which means, maybe 800gms a week? It seems to work for me at this time in my life. I don’t feel deprived. I feel totally in control of my weight and eating and lifestyle.
    Best to everyone! Stay strong ! Onwards and downwards to our weight goals!

2nd post
    Stay strong @bellyblast! you helped me so much last night! You can do this! Just keep it low, even a MFD or CD and that is no failure. You’ve got a whole week ahead to do a proper FD! But even the CD’s add up to weight loss.

Day 13, UK, NFD

I’m avoiding scales at the moment, there is just so much frustration I can take ๐Ÿ˜‚, just checking in here for accountability ๐Ÿ™‚

@dingping I think you got me confused with someone? Big guns? ๐Ÿค”
    I’m sorry you are struggling though, but I’m sure you will find the right way for you, and if that involves big guns than bring them on ๐Ÿ™‚

Stay strong everyone ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 14 – Japan – NFD

@annemarilyn – I agree that flexibility with this WOL is great. Fasting is basically free and powerful. These days it is mostly easy too, although sometimes I have a hard day.

Day 13 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had a pretty busy day with meetings, some laundry, and computer work for the 4 entities I am doing in “retirement” – exercising my talents, but probably sitting too much. Yoga and Silver Sneakers in the morning.

Thanks to all of you and your kind comments on DD Monique. She began singing at 18 months old and hasn’t stopped since. I was sorry to find a few broken links on her website. Just maybe she can find time to get them up and going again. I could listen to her for hours.

Onward and downward.

Day 13 Ohio,US — NFD

Well, not a sterling NFD. There was definitely a fair amount of stress during the day. What I thought was going to be a quick phone call to arrange an endoscopy for my dog turned out to be a whole morning affair. One veterinary hospital gave me a quote of $4000 to do it. And then my stress levels shot way up! I called my vet and he’s going to make some calls to see if he can get it done for a more reasonable figure. At work this afternoon I saw one person after another and wound up talking almost non-stop from the time I got there til the end of the day. Talking in conferences for 4 hours straight just wears me out! With how the day went, none of the little work chores that needed to get done for tomorrow, so I wound up working at home until just before I came on line here. With all this activity I got quite tired and didn’t make the best food decisions for supper.

Fortunately, tomorrow will be a new start!

@michelinme Wow! You are definitely handling your stresses better than I am! My hat off to you!

Day 14 – Melbourne AUS – MFD

Last day of work today before the wedding! A few ladies took me out for breakfast this morning, so settled on a sensible single poached egg on a single slice of sourdough, so will do a MFD aiming for around 700 cal.

Think this will be my last check in for a while, will try and pop in while i’m away, but realistically it’ll be when i’m back and (hopefully) not too far from maintenance.

Happy fasting everyone!

Day 14, Cornwall UK, NFD

Looking for some inspiration! I used to like autumn but am fed up with the cold weather already. Weighing less has certainly helped my head – feeling better about myself etc. But it doesn’t make the weather better or boost business sales! Weight issues have consumed my whole life at times and i feel a bit lost sometimes with how to fill the space now i need to think less about it.

@judyjudes – perhaps consider hunger as a good thing? It shows your fast is working! I echo others in saying you get used to it and it comes in waves. If it gets too distracting i drink marmite tea or eat some sauerkraut or shredded cabbage. Having an emergency low cal snack-of-choice to hand on fast days helps. I also tell myself i can pig-out in the morning if i want, but often don’t when the time comes.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.