November 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 756 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 760 total)

• DAY 14 – UK – NFD

You all have some great ideas! @cornish-jane I will try the marmite.

Day 14 – Ireland _ FD
    Day 13 – CD

Checking in before my second fast day this week… Not yet in the zone but know it will come as I get back into the swing of things… Had hoped to eat less than I did yesterday but my colleagues brought in lots of treats so whilst I didn’t pig out I could have done with a little more control!!!
    I definitely find sugar/bread affects me in a negative way so cutting down from this week. I also tend to put house repairs etc on the long finger rather than dealing with them straight away … They then build up into bigger tasks on my mind than they need to be … So need to get better at clearer things for a clear mind…
    All the best to all of you today!
    Onward and downward!
    Pocket list for today:

@ jaifaim

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

My last day posting here until next week maybe, as I am not bringing my iPad to Valencia. Yesterday’s NFD included a cheeky drop of wine by a roaring fire. Thankfully the fat fairy ignored me!!

However I woke at 3.30am this morning and could not go back to sleep. My body thinks it’s tomorrow already, as I WILL have to get up at 3.30am for our early flight to Madrid. I never have breakfast on a work day but as my body clock is in a strange place I gave just had a boiled egg. That’s it until lunch.

@gretta Best of luck you beautiful bride to be! Have a wonderful wedding day, and best wishes to you both.

@flourbaby I have been meaning to tell you this since last Christmas…your mention of Baileys reminded me…….did you know I used to work for Baileys in the production plant….one of my daily tasks was to taste Baileys……every day a new batch…..off we would go to the lab and taste little glasses of Baileys…..mmmmmmmm…..life was nice in the 90’s 😆😆😆

Have a good Wednesday. I will try to check in but no plans to fast in Espana. Viva 💃

2nd Post @daffodil2010 have a lovely lovely time in Valencia 😊 🌞

Day 14, Emden Germany, NFD

yesterday’s LFD went well, another 0,8 kg down. Today will be challenging but I have a plan. A boiled egg on the road (4 hrs drive), a small piece of cake when we have coffee with the friends we’re staying at, followed by soup, a small piece of goose with sauce, red cabbage with apple (delicious), one stuffed apple (delicious), no Knödel (kind of potatoeball, not worth the calories), no dessert (never had one I liked at the restaurant we’re going to), no wine (too expensive for the quality, not worth the money) but water. Small breakfast tomorrow. The company will be great, we all know eachother for so long and went through lots of parties and disasters together. Friday and Saturday will be FDs as usual.

@debster251 how glad I am to have found this WOL and this site, without this I would be really fat by now!

@cornish-jane looked at yoga, I don’t think it will suit me, too slow. I’m better at managing anxiety with more agressive movements. Did fitness/combat fighting for a while, that was great, I like the kicking and the boxing. The course stopped due to too little people wanting to take the course.

@dingping I hope you’ll find a way to deal better with the anxiety. It’s hard and must be mentally exhausting when your mind is always trying to be prepared for the worst things that can happen. x

@matpi 4000 dollars for an endoscopy sounds absurd, why does your dog need one?

@gretta I wish you and your OH a beautiful, joyful wedding! What a pity we can’t see the dress, will you have a wedding dance? The niece and her now husband did a tango, it was great.

@daffodil2010 have a great time in Valencia, hope the weather will be good!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 14 UK NFD

No intention but circumstances led to having only one meal, it was a big one but only one!

@shinything – my confusion, that’s what comes from skimming posts, thanks for letting me know. Good luck fighting the frustration.

@fatfingers – so sorry I muddled you up I do appreciate everything you said and believe I can learn from from the way you have handled things. Hope you find EFT helpful, its helping here. I also enjoy being outdoors the more turbulent the weather the more you feel alive! OH loves his weekly competitive, against himself, Park Run. Thanks

@gretta – enjoy your day and savour every moment it will go so fast, best wishes.

@cornish-jane – free headspace I can see that would take some adjusting to, sounds liberating but deeper thought says there will be a void to fill good luck filling it.

@snowflake56 – I don’t make life easy for myself but I think as difficult as the year has been I will look back on it as one needed for positive change to happen.
    Your time with friends sounds wonderful and you have a plan, enjoy. With you Friday and Saturday x

Have a good day all
    Ta x

Day 14, London, UK, FD,

Hhhmm, I’m looking forward to my chicken salad lunch, already!!!! I know ………….. it’s only 10am!!!! I WILL hang on ’til 2pm …………… I hope!!!!

@dingping, I take 500mg each night and it’s the flushing kind, I like to feel it working, although often I’m fast asleep when it happens!!

@gretta, good luck for your wedding day, I’m sure it will be a lovely memorable day!!! Don’t even THINK about fasting or maintaining, save that until at least after the honeymoon!!!!

@daffodil2010, I’m sooooo jealous, I could use a quick trip to Valencia right about now!!!! I’m even more jealous of your past career!!!! Where are these jobs advertised………………………… I’m super qualified!!!! Although it might cause havoc with my 5:2 aims – 1 small glass of Baileys and that’s IT for a FD!!!!

Off to do some work, it’s what I get paid for after-all!!!!

Happy fasting folks!!!!!

Day 14 – NFD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

I am not really posting on the forums frequently anymore, but I am still continuing on this WOE. By doing my daily weigh-ins I can see that I have been on a downward trend, even if it has been quite slow – losing on average 0.3kg every month since starting in April. At this rate, I know I won’t achieve my goal weight (65kg) by Christmas, but I can see the difference in my body and I feel – today at least! – very good about my progress.

My biggest sense of achievement so far was buying jeans a few weeks ago. I hadn’t worn jeans in over 2 years, as the ones I had at home didn’t fit anymore and I couldn’t bring myself to buy bigger sized clothing. I stilll don’t fit in my old pair, but I feel so good in my new jeans! It’s the little things…

While I haven’t really experienced it myself, my fiance has been complaining of low mood and tiredness on a FD and the day after. Have any of you experienced this and how did you overcome it?

Good luck to everyone fasting, I will try to check in more regularly.

Day 14, Surrey (UK), NFD

Just checking in to be accountable. Had a mini-binge on crisps last night, whilst watching TV. Just could not resist. Estimated surplus calories ~ 200. It happens. Halos slip off from time to time! Main thing is, I’m back on track today with meals planned and activities that hopefully will avoid the temptation to snack. So far, anyway!

@dingping – no worries about the confusion! Easily done in such a vibrant forum with so many stories to share. It’s a privilege to be part of it!

One more technique I learned to manage my anxiety (but have not been practising recently, I admit) is to ‘park’ my worries as they occur during the day, and instead set aside ‘worry time’, say an hour a day. In that hour, the idea is you sit at your desk (or wherever best suits) and just…worry. Write down the things you are worried about, and where they are specific, work out what you intend to do about them.

What I found was, I just got bored! My flighty brain just did not want to engage with worrying when it was told to! It taught me that, really, I was worrying over nothing! Like all techniques I guess it gets better with practice, so today is a good day to get practising!

Keep on keeping on, slaying demons of all kinds today!

day 14 North Canton OH Healthy eating Day

Congrats on the new jeans, it is the little things… enjoy!

@ciren2 that whole shebang just boggled my mind, really!!!!

Very very busy day today with a looming deadline, would love to respond to more posts but have to run. Stay strong everyone and conquer your day one step at a time.

Motivational quote of the week:
    You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water
    Rabindranath Tagore

Day 14 Belfast FD

As OH is out tonight I have decided to fast today instead of tomorrow. I’ve eaten a banana and will have a bowl of soup tonight. Fizzy water at my side. 💦

@kerryn73 thank you for the yoga link
    @michelinme – I’m following your progress with interest. We’re maintaining at around the same level!
    @daffodil2010 enjoy your trip and safe travels.
    @dykask – enjoy your family time.
    @matpi – sorry to hear about your doggie. Hop you get that treatment sorted soon.
    @gretta – have a truly wonderful time and we look forward to hearing about it when you get back.
    @snowflake56 – I echo that sentiment. My journey has been supported and enriched by the wonderful support and camaraderie of this great forum.
    @moukinator – good to see you checking in and hearing about your steady success

Volunteering done for this morning and off to make curtains now.
    Remember:
    If you don’t change your mind you won’t change your body.

Day 14 USA (Illinois) FD

Really must do a FD today despite lots of duties on the schedule. Over the years of our WOE, I have learned I can make it through one FD and still think. Back on South Beach Diet that had 14 days of Phase 1 – that part cut daily carbs down to almost zero – I got so my brain could not function well after several days.

@daffodil2010 – I know you will really enjoy your time in Spain! I have fond memories of Valencia – we bought a few pieces of furniture there in 1970 that are still in our living room.

@fatfingers – I’ve never heard of your technique of “parking” worries! Sure sounds like it works!

Onward and downward.

Day 14, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Daffodil2010 enjoy your trip to Valencia. One of my daughters went for a holiday there and enjoyed it very much.

Today’s fd isn’t on. I just ate some focaccia I made for my son to serve it with honeyed parsnip soup plus another yogurt plus chocolate covered almonds. I intend to have a piece of beef Florentine pie I made and will cook for this evening.

I weighed at 69 kilos this morning after yesterday s cfd. I just keep nibbling and only stopped because I promised myself I’ll have a piece of the beef pie this evening.

Onwards and downwards, keep on keeping on everyone.

Day 14 Minnesota, USA NFD

@daffodil2010…..enjoy your time away in Spain!
    @gretta…..Best wishes to you and your soon-to-be DH on Wedding Day and beyond! Enjoy everything to the maximum!

Day 14, UK, FD

About to have some veggies for my first meal today so I’d say its been a good day so far 🙂

@gretta Have a wonderful wedding day, best wishes to you both 🎊

@dingping no worries, its not unheard of for confusions to happen on such a busy forum like this one 😀

@daffodil2010 have a fantastic time in Valencia! 💃

Lets stay strong and do this! 💪

Day 14: Gloucestershire, UK:
    My day off work today. Started off with a trip to the torture-chamber (dentist!) as my very back upper molar broke off round it’s filling. The very worst place in my mouth for a big COWARD like me. I found some two year out of date Vallium tablets and took two before I went! Spent about 40 minutes of terror, but he repaired my tooth….at a price.Unfortunately I have to go again next week as another back tooth also has a chunk broken off….groan…I have two tablets left, they work enough to make the time pass quicker!
    @gretta: Looking forward to your big day? Mine was 31 years ago now.

Day 14 Canada NFD

Thanks for cheering me on @northerndawn, I sure did feel like eating yesterday but resisted and had a good FD. Have that lovely light feeling today and will look forward to eating a delicious breakfast soon!

@gretta best wishes for your big day, I know it will be filled with joy and love and that you will enjoy every moment.
    @daffodil2010 have a great trip
    @songbirdme when I started 5:2 I had the worst brain fog on FD’s, thankfully that passed and I now feel like I have a clearer head on FD’s. It’s a lesson on how well we can adapt 🙂
    @moukinator thanks for dropping by it’s great to hear you are doing well. For sure it is the small things that keep us going. Today I am wearing an old pair of jeans that have never felt so comfortable. Happy days!

Off to eat, thanks so much for all the support this forum gives.

Day 14 – UK – NFD
    Day 13 – CD

Yesterday was a very CD but today will definitely be over TDEE – hopefully by not much…….

Did a great little 5 mile hike yesterday morning followed by a High Impact Pilates class in the evening and came in just over 1100cals for the day!

This morning had my usual Yoga class with lots of holding positions and back work…….followed by an afternoon of volunteering – in between had lunch out with friends and then indulged in some cake with a cup of tea during the afternoon. This evening OH and I are out to an art exhibition with bubbly and canapés on arrival and then have planned to go out to dinner with friends………….

@peace – welcome to the challenge – never too late to join!
    @basyjames – I love that quote too x
    @judyjudes – I tend to find the FDs relatively easy as I just tell myself it’s only for one day and I keep busy – distraction is wonderful – On my NFDs I really have to make a conscious effort not to just keep eating mindlessly and I remind myself that “If i quit now, I will soon be back to where I started and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”
    @daffodil2010 – enjoy Valencia! and my goodness how did you cope with the awful job of being an official taster for Baileys!!!!!!!
    @snowflake56 – have a fab time and enjoy
    @moukinator – nice to hear from you and that you are still following this WOL and doing well
    @ciren2 – hope you are still running along the 5:2 wagon…….I feel your distress about dental work……

Right must go and get ready to go out to that Art Exhibition…….those nibbles and glass of 🥂is waiting for me………………I’m just going to enjoy the evening with no guilt as weight this morning was on the lower end of maintenance…….

Sending positive vibes to all those in need today 🙏

Day 14, Guildford UK, MFD

So the MFD phase is over. I start CFD. Did great the first 4 weeks not so much the last 4.

4 lbs down overall. I will take it.

Was hoping to double that, still it’s ok.

No kitchen still, no electric in the lower house and it’s a building site.

Quiet day, my sister arrives tomorrow.

Kia car goes for a recall service and physio on my feet.

Mari

Day 15 CFD Country Western Australia
    Whew! Feeling like a rat on a treadmill right now.
    Issues with elderly parents/in laws trying to find placement, hospitalisation for one, work, committee meetings, end of year functions for some organisations – I really can’t believe we’re up to that already!!
    Bit wrung out on all fronts so not eating very well HOWEVER I did attend a terrific course on nutrition for health and healing on the weekend which was terrific.
    Got right down to the cellular level , gut biota etc.
    Walked about 10 kms over the weekend as without a car and ate the delicious healthy meals provided.
    Just have to keep it up back home!
    With only about 6 weeks to go until Christmas I am trying to eat less and make the better choices I made when first starting this WOL 2 years ago.
    Was good to read some of the quotes for motivation.
    Hope to catch up ……
    Thanks for this group being here to catch us when we fall and cheer us on daily.
    I hope this forum doesn’t ever stop.

Day 15. London UK
    FD. Just back from carb central, also known as Venice. Had a really amazing time but boy, the Italians really know how to produce carbtastic food. FD today to try to sort it all out. Sincerely hope ‘easy on, easy off’ works. Feel a bit like a heffalump.

Can’t remember who suggested ( just checked, it’s @fatfingers) parking your worries and then going back to them later, or not!!! I had a weird run in with a lady cleaning the toilets at the airport, ( boring story) but it bothered me for hours. Much better to just put it to one side and take its power away. V good advice, @fatfingers. Thanks.

Day 14 UK ( but late check in) EFS?

On the bright side I weighed 144lbs this morning – yay! On the other side I ate 3 (small) pieces of the epic chocolate cake I made yesterday, plus quite a few crisps with hummus and two glasses of prosecco. Oops.

But back on the bright side – the cake was made with raw cacao, sweet potato etc inc just a little ground almonds, & topped with ganache of avocado, lemon & cacao plus some date syrup rather than sugar, eggs, white flour etc. Somehow i think my weight may have blossomed up again by the morning – not to mention my carbtastic tum, currently swollen to a size approximating the end of the c3rd trimester 🙁

O well…live and learn 🙂 Could be an *interesting* (challenging) FD tomorrow

@debster251 good to know we’re on the same plateau – here’s to progress, whatever shape it takes 🙂

Day 14 Ohio, US NFD

A good NFD — stayed within the TDEE. Which is amazing, since stress levels at work are pretty high all around. Even with the fairly high stress meeting at the end of the day, there was no desire for anything sweet to help cope. That was a happy event.

@snowflake56 My dog has had recurring blood in his stools since August. A couple of times it seemed as if things were clearing up, but the bleeding has kept returning. The vet did a barium x-ray work up of his GI tract and there doesn’t appear to be any tumor or blockage anywhere, so the vet thinks that it may just (!) be colitis. But he wants an endoscopy just to double-check. In any case, he originally told me that he thought the procedure should run about $400, which is fairly reasonable. He’s still checking around, so we’ll see what he’s able to do.

Hope everyone in the US impacted by winter storm Avery is able to stay warm!!

Day 15 – Japan – WFD #82 in 2018

Today just turned into a FD as I was very busy this morning and I need to have a open long weekend. 🙂

DAY 15 – UK – FD

@Mapti sorry to read that about your dog.

I’m yet to read back over yesterday’s posts.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Pocket List Day 15
    @judyjudes

Day 15 – Ireland – FD

@fatfingers I love the parking idea!

Have a good day everyone.

Day 15, Cornwall UK, FD

Ate a lot of salty crackers yesterday. No idea how that happened as they are one of the worst foods i could pick to snack on! I tell myself they are better than chocolate or toast or crisps but its doubtful. My cleared headspace filled itself with eating. Aghh

In reality i am putting off doing some big jobs i don’t want to do. Having done every other chore, it just can’t be avoided. Why do we avoid difficult decisions?

@fatfingers – i like the ‘parking’ idea. I used to keep daily to-do lists but got hacked-off writing the near-same list every day! I might re-try but decide its ok to take some things off the list, or park them, without any action.

Day 15 UK MFD

@flourbaby – thanks, same dose and type I took before, off to re order and some Vitamin D3 now the darker days are here.

@moukinator – it is the little things that count, well done.

@fatfingers ‘flighty brain’ perfect description and like the idea of parking my worries. Ta

@anna6 – your recipes sound delicious this side of the computer so must be soooo tempting your side. I wouldn’t have been able to resist home made focaccia either especially if I’d smelt it cooking! There’s always tomorrow, good luck.

@lilymartin – you sound reinvigorated

Rounding everyone up for the pocket list for today if that’s ok, I like the collective support.

Pocket List Day 15
    @lilymartin CFD
    @emma-taylor
    @dykask WFD
    @judyjudes
    @jaifaim
    @cornish-jane
    @dingping MFD

Have a lovely day everyone.

Day 15, London, UK, FD

I’ve a busy day planned at work today, so this FD should be fine ……………………… I’m not counting my chickens though!!!!

@lilymartin, good to hear from you, I hope things resolve themselves regarding your elderly relatives. I know it’s so difficult to make the ‘right’ choices, stay strong!!

@cornish-jane those salty crackers are soooo moreish, I have the same problem, I’ve started to buy those ritz snack packs, just to stop myself eating an entire packet of crackers, I just limit myself to 1 snack pack with a teeny-tiny piece of cheese.

I’m noticing a trend with my journey, I plateau ( I think they call it a set point?) where I stay for weeks or even months despite fasting like a pro, then there’s a whoosh and I move down a level where I plateau again. I’m currently in the whoosh period, where I’m losing without much effort, without any ‘perfect’ FDs and without any exercise. I’ve noticed that when I focus on my gut health (regular psyllium, ACV, Greek yoghurt, cashews) that I can kick myself off of the plateau. Gut health & nightly meditation may be the key to eliminating the stress & inflammation that causes me to either gain or plateau. So I think I’m getting towards a new set point, where I may stay for a while and without getting despondent, I’ll plateau until the next reset. This seems to be my tortoise method!!! I’m rambling, but I’m getting to grips with how my ‘machine’ works!!!!

Happy fasting everyone!!!

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good FD yesterday at about 525 calories. I had my perfunctory apple (for regularity) then salad with a tin of sardines for supper. Oh, and a few Triscuits.

Hopefully today will be good. Have a haircut this morning.

@bellyblast – ah yes, “brain fog” is a perfect term for that awful “how come I cannor think?” Feeling. My FD yesterday was okay though.

Onward and downward

2nd post – Unexpected WFD going very well. Only 10 hours to go and I’ll be sleeping most of those!!! Got to love that. 😀

Day 15 North Canton Oh FD

Must post and run, no time to read posts. Will catch up later

Day 15 Belfast NFD

Half way through the month already. Where does the time go?

Off to Dublin to visit YS tomorrow. It’s my birthday on Sunday, so I guess I’m going to get spoilt? (I hope?!!) and discuss wedding preparations. It’s a long way away but they’ve been making plans, so can’t wait to see.

Stay strong everyone. Keep your eyes on the prize

Day 15 UK FD

Just spent ridiculous amount of time working out the calories in yesterday’s blackberry & chocolate cake with chocolate ganache – segued into nutritional benefits of date syrup relative to other sweeteners, cacao re other chocolate etc etc while 90 mins passed. Amazingly my cake/ganache combo worked out at an astonishingly low 160 calories/piece and a huge number of vitamins/minerals. So I only had 480 calories of cake yesterday, and around 1600 calories total. Not so EFS after all – yay!

Sadly tho feeling distinctly sick today – crashing headache, weird dizziness, aching throat, strangely teary and some enormous sneezes. Going to drink lots and curl up under duvet, my inbox, desk, and the world can wait until tomorrow. One way to do a FD!

Day 15 Canada FD

Quickly popping by to add my name to the pocket list. Will catch up on posts during the day.
    After this I only have 4 more FD’s this month so plan to make today a good one!

@lilymartin CFD
    @emma-taylor
    @dykask WFD
    @judyjudes
    @jaifaim
    @cornish-jane
    @dingping MFD
    @bellyblast

Day 15: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Grey day here today. but not cold. Thursdays are always busy at work….got the dreaded BLACK Friday to look forward to soon as well (so aptly named I think). Too many parcels to deliver at this time of year without that as well. Our Christmas pressure starts officially on 27th November at Royal Mail this year. A week earlier than usual.
    Still running alongside the wagon. I’m trying not to eat after mid-afternoon. Not entirely successful, but better than nothing.
    Good luck all you fasters; sorry I haven’t had time to read the posts.

FLORDIA
    FD
    Thanks, @shinything for the link. Back on track. Doing good with the fasting so far. The first week to really get back to it since our trip.
    Our trip to Spain was wonderful. One reason I did well with my weight is that we walked, walked, and walked everywhere. We loved all the cities in Spain that we visited. I think San Sebastian was our favorite. We only got lost one time on this trip. 🙂
    @annemarilyn, hope you have a great trip
    Have a great day. Our cold front has finally arrived in FL. Yippeee

Day 15 Wales FD

Busy, busy…..great for a FD. Still maintaining and keeping vigilant 🙂

Day 15, Surrey (UK), 800 cal FD

Much needed FD today. Big blowout on crisps AND chocolate again yesterday evening, despite all the good intentions. What is it with these dark evenings and insatiable cravings? It’s not as if I was hungry – it was just a way of pacifying myself. Old habits are very hard to break, but at least I’m becoming more aware of them. The kitchen door is now firmly CLOSED until tomorrow morning, anyway.

Still practising ‘parking’ my worries. Was helped by a very busy day today, lots of chores done and more still to do. I think that’s the key – keeping active and busy.
    Adding myself rather late in the day to the Day 15 pocket list:

@lilymartin CFD
    @emma-taylor
    @dykask WFD
    @judyjudes
    @jaifaim
    @cornish-jane
    @dingping MFD
    @bellyblast
    @fatfingers

I’ve just eaten a whole cauliflower! I was ravishing ( that’s a joke…) so I just steamed it with some tamari. It was nice. And I feel full, unsurprisingly. Hope all my fellow fasters are having a good day. Everything feels like a bit of a shambles here in the UK, so I’m ignoring politics and trying to keep on going on. Starting a new job tomorrow. It’s come out of the blue, 18 months after I retired. We shall see…. I’m quite nervous. And I have to get up about 5 hours earlier than I normally do…

Day 16 – Japan – NFD

More like joyful non-fast day.

@emma Taylor – Good luck with your new job!

google noted to me that this file is your trash bin, so it will be disappearing soon

Day 15 Ohio, US — FD(#28)

FD went well. Why are FD’s so much easier to stay on task than NFD’s?

@emma Taylor Good luck with the new job! I know what you mean about needing to ignore politics. I was getting so wound up with the political scene, that I decided this fall to start playing chess again. I stopped doing that about 6 years ago because I was getting too wrapped up in it. But if obsessing about chess can keep me from obsessing about politics, maybe that’s a healthier option!?

@fatfingers I think for people facing colder weather coming there’s a biological urge to stock up for the winter. Sort of like many animals do in getting ready for hibernation. We humans don’t hibernate, at least not overtly, but I think the same drive may still be at work.

@flourbaby Thanks for a great description of the plateau’ing process. Since I seem to be in one (maybe my first on 5:2), what you wrote has really given me a boost of encouragement. Thanks again!

Day 15 – Eastern WA USA – unexpected FD

Actually in southern BC as we finish the day. Basically a travel day, that turned into a LFD. So glad. Up checking in on my parents with my son..so enjoying catching up with my son.

@kaywesterman – I’m happy you enjoyed your time in Spain. Definitely one of my favorite places in the world.

@flourbaby – glad you’re getting those whooshes! I’m hoping for some. Just trying to make good choices. I’m definitely in the tortoise camp.

Day 16, Cornwall UK, NFD

I like Fridays. Fasting is done for the week, and i can relax and enjoy my food. Even having breakfast feels like a little treat.

Feeling better for tackling some unpleasant jobs yesterday. A lot of faffing was done initially but by 10.30am I finally got stuck in. Definately good for my head.

I read a few interesting things to share with you this morning about weight control:

– if you keep your bedroom cold at night you tend to have more brown fat – this is good fat that sits under your shoulder blades and it generates body heat and therefore consumes calories. Obese people sometimes have no brown fat. Radiator down and windows open from now on!

– some people overeat due to a fear of abandonment, but i am unclear how you resolve that one without a lot of expensive therapy!

– many people overeat when stressed and getting treatment for stress control can be more effective for weight loss than going on a diet – but we are a well-informed group and all know how useless diets are otherwise we wouldn’t be fasting, right?

– people who eat a handful of nuts each day are better at controlling their weight than those who don’t. Doing that – raw almonds are my favourite at the mo.

I woke early and did a lot a reading! I’ll probably read articles tomorrow that claim the complete opposite – you know how contradictory nutritional science is. It can be maddening, but somewhere in all this research there is hopefully some truth.

@flourbaby – i fasted for a whole year before i hit the plateau. I’m still sort-of on it but have noticed fat coming off my legs in particular even though only small change in weight. So my body is making some big changes while fasting on the plateau – another reason to keep going when the scales are frustrating you!

Day 16 UK FD

I slept well and very deeply last night, very unusual for me, only change, I took niacin before bed, maybe jumping to conclusions. Why do we stop good habits?

Not weighed myself for more than a month (was obsessed/depressed by daily fluctuations). Either burying my head in the sands or trusting the process?

I have found a small amount of mojo so going with it, nursing it and not sabotaging it, I don’t know what’s changed, but if I knew I would bottle it!

Day 16 Pocket List
    @dingping

Good luck fasters.
    Ta x

DAY 16 – UK – NFD

Yes @at I agree, keeping busy is really useful on fast days. My FD yesterday was successful in that I ate about 450 cals (a little bit more than a 1/4 TDEE) and felt satisfied and not hungry. I kept busy all day and the time flew by.

However I am on the worlds biggest plateau. The same couple of lbs coming off, going on, coming off. Same story for the past 6 months or so. I just look at the flip side and I am grateful for this woe, as without it I’d be HUGE.

I am going to start swimming. I have to be careful as my appetite increases so much with any activity, but especially swimming.

Day 16, Emden Germany, FD

Day 14 & 15 NFD

had lovely two days staying with friends, how good it was I had an eating plan. My friend made apple pie and my favourite biscuits, I couln’t resist of course. Skipped the goose so only had the tiniest cup of soup I ever had, red cabbage, a stuffed apple and gravy at the neighbourhood goose dinner. Had a lot to talk with one of our old neightbours, who was placed next to me. We had a great time.

@moukinator nice to hear from you! Isn’t it great how the body changes and suddenly you look great in a new pair of jeans. You must be close to your goal weight now, just go on. I was a bit grumpy the first times I did a FD, it got better by time. I always feel great after my FD so ofter do two days in a row.
    No tiredness but full of energy. Could it be a lack of electrolites?

@fatfingers I love your “Halo slips from time to time”! Interesting thought, parking your worries. When something upsets me I try to think if I will be upset about it a year from now. It often helps, most effective with annoying contractors.

@dingping I like the positive sound of your writing today, try to hold on to the positive thoughts! I’m glad to have you with me on my FDs, your FDs seem to go well lately.

@matpi if it is “just” a colitis, how to treat a dog? Diet and medication as with humans?

@lilymartin how busy you are, but you sound fine. I also hope this forum never stops, I’m preparing myself mentally to host February. Can do it, but need someone for the spreadsheet.

@flourbaby just keep on rambling, I like it!

@debster enjoy your stay!

@annemarilyn I hope your parents are fine. Enjoy having time with your son!

@emma-taylor good luck with the new job, always exiting!

Pocket list day 16

@dingping
    @snowflake56 1st of B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 16, London, UK, NFD

Getting ready to head off to Pilates, I need it this week as I’m feeling a bit sluggish.

@michelinme, at 160cals per portion ………………..I NEED that recipe!!!!!!

@fatfingers, there’s only one solution…………….. get that stuff OUT of the house ……………..not in your tummy!!!!!

@emma taylor, good luck for the new job …………………………… 5hrs earlier than normal???? You’re not a cat burglar are you???

Well, I must dash, my core needs Pilates today!!!

Day 16 Wales NFD

I enjoy the Friday feeling when I’ve done my 2 FDs for the week and can look forward to a few weekend treats 😋 just love this WOE!

@emmataylor good luck for the new job.

Keep on keeping on everyone 🤗

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.