November 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 756 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 760 total)

• Day 9 North Canton OH Healthy eating day

Tomorrow is weigh in day for our Holiday challenge, I stepped on the scale this morning just to prepare myself, and I am pleased with the downward trend. Since we are in different places, we are using timestamped scale pictures to keep each other accountable and track a leaderboard.

@annemarilyn I am trying to work my way up to true waterfasts, so far I am not digging deep enough. Like you said cutting the cream from coffee not as easy as it used to be

@sarahbob your hubby is a champ

@michelinme those darned rolls!!! However, I am happy to celebrate your smaller size with you.

@at I love that poem! It has gotten me through many tough times in the past. Thanks for reminding me of it.

@cornishjane, good on you for looking at the big picture

@dingping hang in there, you will be on the upswing again, I know it

@snowflake56 my heart goes out to you and I will add your family to my prayer list. Blessings.

I leave you with the wise words of Edgar Guest, courtesy of @at
    …Success is failure turned inside out…
    And you can never tell how close you are
    It may be near when it seems so far.
    So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit
    it’s when things seem worst that you must not quit!

Don’t give up, you are worth the effort and don’t undo your hard work over the weekend either.

Day 9 USA (Illinois – SNOW! this morning) – NFD

@flourbaby – yes, when she was still young enough to live at home, we sang together. In fact, the whole family sings wonderfully. We are blessed.

For anyone with time on your hands, that DD SongBird has a website – at the very top, there is a tab for “music” if you want to hear some of her recordings, or look at her yoga teaching:
    https://www.moniquefrench.com/

@debster251 – we seem to be in the same rut of just over our desired maintenance! Like we say, maybe it’s muscle? (saying that as I head off to Silver Sneakers again)

@basyjames and @at — love the poem!

Onward and downward.

DAY 9 – UK – NFD

Enjoyed a brisk 7km walk up on the fells this morning with my usual walking group – cold breeze but no rain! Cup of tea and a yummy fruit scone with butter and homemade damson jam afterwards – my only food today until dinner out tonight with OH 😋

Hygienist appointment this afternoon – all good! 😁

I’m so glad that the poem I shared yesterday resonated with many of you 🤗

@michelinme – well done you on that strong Day 8 FD
    @gretta – a tub of magnum!!! I have been known to do the same………….🥶
    @judyjudes – sending you healing vibes – self care at times like these is so important x
    @cornish-jane – well done our Cornish tortoise 😉on that drop in weight – that BMI of 25 or less is in sight now!
    @dingping – definitely stick with us and your mojo will soon find it’s way back – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
    @bert1802 – is the family wedding this weekend? 🥂
    @snowflake56 – a special 🤗 for you and thinking of your DH and MIL too – I do hope that your niece’s wedding tomorrow can be a joyous affair and great memories created.
    @missybear – how wonderful to drop another inch from your waist – bet you looked fab in the vintage👗
    @songbirdme – how wonderful for your family to share an ability to sing and thank you for sharing your DD website – she has a wonderful voice

Looking forward to a meal out with OH this evening and especially the jazz concert afterwards and not forgetting the enjoyment of🍷🍷too……………

Hope everyone has a great weekend doing whatever gives them joy – “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow” Albert Einstein
    AND
    Especially for anyone struggling at the moment “SETBACKS ARE JUST SETUPS FOR COMEBACKS”

Day 9, Gozo, Malta, nfd

At thanks for sharing wise words.

Today I ate a piece of apple pie with two capuchinos. Then I had lunch with my pregnant daughter and grandson at an Irish pub in Malta after visiting the national aquarium and had fish and chips. I’m not counting but today I weighed at 69.4 kilos up from two days ago.

I intend to start fasting on Monday.

Good evening/night everyone.

Day 9 UK CD

Tired & grumpy after late night waiting up for visiting friend. Woke up this morning with crashing headache, nerve pain, aching all over and feeling hungover. I wonder if it’s to do with fasting or simply my body struggling with temperatures, overall health and late nights?

After yesterday’s successful FD, this morning I’m 1lb down back to 146lbs, only 1lb up on previous plateau. Measurements are the same as September end but still feeling puffier than last month – a useful reminder to keep away from carbs & sugar & let my dragon settle down for a sleep.

Thus far today I’ve had some almonds, raisins and a banana, probably not enough to drink and yet to plan my evening meal. But wonderfully stocked up with lots of vegetables to batch cook a stew, and the freezer is full of blackberries and elderberries from the autumn harvest. It makes good choices so much easier if healthy food is readily available and unhealthy food has to be sought out -plenty of time for wisdom en route 🙂

Finding it hard not to get down at the moment, and I’m easily thrown off balance into catastrophising by small things. But also realising yet again I need to stop resisting and simply go with how things are; the biggest battle is always the one inside my head. And if my body is slow to process and recover from a virus, that’s a helpful reminder to go gently rather than a failure to get better quickly enough!

One more week of Stuff to get thru then no more events or commitments until january. Today has been mostly lost to feeling tired, ill and easily distracted so I’ll need to knuckle down for a couple of hours work this evening to get stuff out ahead of next week. Breaking now for yoga, meditation and food prep then hopefully I’ll be a bit more focused.

USA Day 9 FD

Another FD going well. I am currently eating two meals a day heading toward my water fast. It is making things much easier. I weighed myself this morning and found myself down 2 lbs. Yay! Sunday will be the beginning of eating one meal per day which will culminate in a water FD at the end of that week.

Hope everyone is having a good day! 🙂

Day 9 NFD Montana
    Just stopping in wish everyone a wonderful weekend. What a blessing you are all!!

Day 9 UK
    2nd post

Sorry to hear @snowflake56 things are sadly deteriorating with your MIL health and the impact on your DH, heartbreaking for all. Hope the wedding brings joy and happiness despite the bleak times.

@basyjames, @at and @snowflake56 – thanks, I’m just letting my anxiety and emotions rule my life at the mo. I never used to be this bad, going to try EFT tapping as I’ve gotta get a grip!

@at – love the poem, will let its words sink in.

@songbirdme – what a proud mum you must be!

@michelinme – sympathy re catastrophising and lost days, ditto here. Good luck and hooray for you, just a week to get through and then freedom to focus on you and self care, well deserved.

Have a good evening all.
    Ta x

Day 9 – Eastern WA USA – FD

On a water fast day and doing well so far. Sipping on some Trader Joe’s turmeric ginger tea at the moment. @basyjames – also managing to cut cream and stevia today. If I understand, Dr. Fung correctly, it depends on one’s fasting goal what is acceptable. If I want autophagy, the cream, stevia & bone broth need to go. I’m still learning about this piece.

@murph58 – glad this forum is a blessing to you!

@snowflake56 – may God give you strength during this time & may the wedding be a joyful day in the midst of everything! I bet you’ll help make it a special day!

@ccco – sounds like you have had a great week & that the scale is moving the right direction!

@at – thanks for sharing the poem! I remembered it since grade school in Canada. Needed the reminder.

@michelinme – may you recharge and be able to go through your full week ahead in good form.

@songbirdme – looking forward to checking your daughter’s link. Music so enriches life!

Just learned yesterday that my adult kiddos & hopefully my grandsons will all be part of American Thanksgiving at my place. This is the first time we’ve been in the same geographic location to make this possible, in many years! Bought the turkey today 🙂

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 9 Second post

I’ve just fallen off the wagon big style 😦

@songbirdme – a beautiful girl with a beautiful voice. You must be very proud.
    @michelinme – why do we do this to ourselves?
    @ciren2 – I’m really looking forward to seeing your step count!
    Don’t give up @dingping – we’re right behind you so hang on!
    @snowflake56 – I’m sorry to read of your troubles – bitter sweet times. I hope you and your family are able to put your troubles behind you enough to enjoy the wedding and sending healing g vibes to your DH and MIL.
    @missybear – congratulations for that size 12 skinny waist. I wish…!

My thoughts go out to all those caught up in the fires in California.

Day 10 – Melb AUS – NFD

Weighed in at 67.4 this morning, down 0.5kg from just over a week ago, so my 1 FD, and a couple of very controlled and healthy days has worked well 😃 pretty happy with that as it was a week filled with social hurdles, so I’m glad to know that I can be flexible and not fall off the wagon completely (all or noting is often the way with me, that is slowly changing). 0.4kg off goal weight, which with the wedding only 7d away I think I can do! Even so I’ll have to re-evaluate after the week away, so I suspect maintenance isn’t going to be imminent.

Thanks @dingping! I also suffer from anxiety from time to time (and hence a 4h sleep last night), i find it takes such discipline to control it, and when life gets overwhelming or challenging, I find that discipline is the first thing to go – not easy, feeling for you!
    @missybear I had the same thing, weight had totally plateaued, bfp was dropping. I put that down to fasting, and it reinforces strongly that it’s not all about what the scales are doing!!
    @ccco very impressed with your planned eating to WFD regime, looking forward to hearing progress!
    @debster251 here with you ready to pull you back up onto the wagon when you’re ready!!!

Happy Saturday all!

Day 9 Minnesota, USA MFD

Yesterday’s FD was well under 500. Today I’m at 800 and as of now (6:44 pm) the kitchen is closed. Weight this a.m. was 157 lbs. (divided by 2.2 = 71.4 Kg). At least I’m in normal BMI at 24.6 now and have been holding under 25 for several weeks.

I had homemade butternut squash soup last night and an apple, and was surprisingly not hungry later. That’s a higher percentage of carbs than I ever eat, but apparently the fiber kept me satiated. I am pleasantly surprised. It’s a lot easier to keep calories low when eating mainly vegetables.

@coda:, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I agree with so many others that there seems to be some instability in your DIL. This is a time for grandson to bond with his father and family, so I hope you can work it out soon. We are all sending you strength to deal with it all.
    @dykask…I hope you can get some relief from fumes soon. It can be so nauseating and make one feel faint. Maybe you could leave your workplace? Perhaps work from home or some other location? It’s really nothing to mess around with. Fumes can cause lasting damage. Good luck with your fast.
    @gretta…I’m getting excited for you! It sounds like you’ve got it all under control and have your time before your wedding planned out well. I hope you let yourself enjoy everything without too much worry!
    @michelinme…Congrats on a great FD!…It feels so good when we achieve a good day like that. I try to remember the feeling of accomplishment to motivate me onward and downward.
    @shinything…glad to hear your shoulder is improving. Is it something you did or overdid that caused the impingement?
    @sarahbob…..I had to read Viktor E Frankl’s “Man’s search for Meaning”for a class at university and I’ve reread it several times since. It’s an important work, and it is one of my all time favorites, especially for bringing perspective back into my life when I need it.

I have a love/hate relationship with my FitBit. I tell myself when it breaks I’m done with it. It misses counting steps, recognizing HIIT, misses it when I go up and down stairs in my home (unless I put my hand up and jump once or twice at top of stairs) and it really gets it wrong with my sleep times. And yet, I wear it and look at my app constantly. I do use the calorie counter but that’s frustrating as well. Oh well. OH has an apple watch and loves it. Maybe I’ll go that route in the future.

Dry Til Fri has been completed, but I’m not in the mood for any alcohol tonight so I will be dry until Saturday or Sunday. It makes a big difference in my overall appetite and has made it easy to stay under 800 today.

@annemarilyn…I allow myself 1 Tablespoon of heavy cream each morning in my first cup of coffee. 51 calories and well worth it. Looking forward to that is what gets me out of bed! 😉
    @judyjudes…i’m so sorry to hear how uncomfortable you are and I hope they can find the cause and the solution to your GI distress. Hang in there, and I would think fasting would be a relief to your system while it tries to heal.

Best of luck to everyone and have a good weekend.

Day 10, Guildford UK, MFD

Still truckin. Did my first judo class yesterday, I am going to learn how to fall over with minimal damage.

Life is learning.

Mari

Day 10 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Off shopping shortly…going to buy me a new winter coat. Maybe some shoes, other bits and bobs. I am not a mad shopper but I am looking forward to this ME time this morning in the shops.

It’s Saturday so foot off the brake later. Going to watch Ireland V Argentina in the rugby this afternoon (on the telly) and there will have to be a Guinness drunk!

Have a great day everyone. Thanks all for the yoga recommendations…I will do some research later. Xxxx

Day 10 UK FD

Fascinated by what we take from each other posts and what we choose to comment on. I need to focus on the positive I’ve allowed myself to circle into too much negativity.
    @gretta & @debster251 – ta x

DAY 10 – UK – NFD

Have a great weekend everyone 😊

Day 10, Cornwall UK, NFD

Feeling good this morning ’cause I lost weight last week. Feels so shallow of me, but it really does affect how I feel about life. It helps me stay on track too, as I have no plans to buy a large loaf of sunflower sourdough bread and that would normally be the first thing planned on my weekend list!

Been talking to the OH about keeping going with the Dry Til Fri thing. Its a big change for us as its one of our rituals having a little drink and snack together in the evening. But on the other hand, its not a great habit long term. Its so nice to see my OH all pleased with himself as he has lost so much weight and looks all sleek and fit. He even boasts about his 4-pack!

The storm was bad in Cornwall yesterday. Ripped the doors off my new ‘polyhouse’. Repairs have now started. At least the plants are all OK. I see the structure will need to be more robust for our exposed site. Thats the trouble with doing new ventures – they always throw up even more things to work on!

Day 10 – France- hopefully FD

Am off to a college fair thing with my 2nd daughter. She is a good student but has no idea what she wants to do with her life or where she wants to study. She knows she is at a crossroads and it makes her nervous. Life can be tough as a 17 year old!
    I will try to make this as much of a FD as possible. Usually i can’t fast at home, but out and about could be doable.

Day 10 Wales NFD

So so wet here ☔️ not sure if I will get in my daily walk, it’s been a bit of a paddle in waterproofs for the past couple of days so I may not bother today……except I too am a slave to my Fitbit and feel bad if I don’t meet my daily steps target! Actually this is a good thing, I used to be a real couch potato.

@gretta enjoy the countdown to your big day.

Happy weekend everyone 🙂

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Weight is 162.3# this morning, for which I am happy. Going to a church bazaar social where they also sell a soup lunch today. I ought not eat too much with that. Well, I will do a cookie for dessert. Oh how I love this WOL to splurge when we so desire! Still, maintenance needs care too.

@daffodil2010 – enjoy your shopping and Guinness watching rugby!

@sparklyshoes – hope you and your DD enjoy your college fair. That can be a frustrating but exciting time of life!

@rainbowsmile – wow! Judo! I am so impressed.

Onward and downward.

Day 10 Canada NFD

Seems like the post I wrote yesterday got lost, oh dear!
    On track for making this week an intensive challenge- no nonsense on the NFD’s is the goal and so far so good. Love this WOL it is the first time I have felt like I have found a way to enjoy food and be healthy. I don’t think I have had a drink this month, just haven’t felt like it.

@songbirdme what a gift your beautiful DD has, thanks so much for sharing
    @sparklyshoes what an exciting journey your DD has ahead
    @cornishjane congrats, I don’t think it sounds shallow rather that you are happy and healthy. Sounds like you had quite a storm
    @daffodil2010 It’s a shopping day for me as well. A few gifts and a couple of new things for me. Don’t do it often but feel the need for something new!
    @rainbowsmile glad you are still truckin! I also wear a HP moustache tummy and the strangest thing is happening, it is shrinking more on one side than the other. It makes me laugh!!!
    Congrats on the loss @northedawn @gretta @missybear @ccco @basyjames
    Thanks for the wonderful poem and the recipe @at. I love sumac and will give it a try soon
    @dykask your WFD’s are extraordinary, hope the fumes have abated.

Have a great day everyone!

USA Day 10 FD

This is the last day of eating two meals per day. Tomorrow I start eating one meal a day until the end of the week when I do my water fast. This has been working wonderfully so far! I am losing! Have a great day and weekend, everybody! 🙂

Day 10: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    @gretta: You’re going to be at your goal weight for your wedding day….yay!!
    @cornish-jane: Not much luck with your greenhouse and now your polyhouse! However weight lost is always good, eh?
    @missybear: Raining in Wales! My daughter is going there to watch the Rugby in Cardiff later, so I hope it clears up by then.

Day 10 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Planning to break my fast from yesterday with a bite to eat with a new friend, after we take in a fashion show at Christopher & Banks. Hopefully the roads will be okay. We got our first snowfall of the season yesterday afternoon, and I’ll need to get off the hill in the area of the city I live in. Think the roads should be okay by the time I need to drive.

@daffodil2010 – hope you enjoyed your shopping trip!

@sparkly Shoes – glad you’re attending the college fair with your daughter. I don’t know how things are in France, but here in the USA many community colleges have something called an Interest Inventory. You take it on the computer and it asks lots of different questions. According to the responses, it comes up with ideas of what a person might be good at or interested in.

@songbirdme – listening to your daughter sing Bridge over Troubled Waters, gave me goose bumps. She if gifted! Thanks for sharing.

@ccco – glad you found something that’s working for you 🙂

@dingping – yes, what we focus on does really make a difference. I remember a time where I was in quite a low place, I would make myself think of several things for which I was thankful before getting out of bed and getting ready for work. I needed that to get me going into the day. Yes, I think I’m usually a glass is half full kind of person but sometimes are tough. Cultivating a grateful spirit I think is helpful. Sometimes I take the whole month of November to post something I’m thankful for each day on Facebook… anyway, sending some long distance hugs. I’m grateful you’re on this forum.

Enjoy your weekend forum friends!

Day 10 UK unexpected FD

Got up earlier this morning and made bread, determined to have a more productive but gentle day. Was just about to do yoga & meditation and my friend came in having decided to skip the morning events and hang out with me. Despite having fed her both breakfast & lunch, I’ve managed an unexpected FD bc I kept saying that I would eat after yoga & do yoga after she’d gone… In the end she didn’t leave until 7pm! I’ve had a little seedy bread and have vegetable stew for supper so it’ll either be a FD or MFD – yay!

We had a lovely day of non-stop talking while making stew and having a wet walk to charity shop for emergency clothes. It’s hard to believe it’s only the 3rd time we’ve met IRL after meeting on an internet forum 6years ago. Such a lot in common, and so much to share – it felt very much like we already knew each other on the inside and were just letting our outsides catch up 🙂

Tomorrow is all about morning remembrance then day of community food prep for an evening party with ceilidh. I won’t be doing much dancing but I’ll really enjoy being part of the welcome and hospitality team, hopefully with my friend coming along after her event. I just have to resist temptation of yummy food and wine, so no bad thing to get an extra FD in today 🙂

Wishing you all a good weekend, whatever shape it is, and hope there is some peace and space for you. Here’s a hand to all who are struggling xx

Day 10 Minnesota, USA NFD

Striving to stay under TDEE today. Spent two hours at Costco and ingested at least 300 cals of samples. Wow, it was crazy there, today. I think people are already out doing Christmas shopping, from what I observed. For UK and AU people, Costco is a warehouse outlet, supposedly. Anyway, prices are usually great if you want to buy in bulk, and there is the occasional great buy on kitchenware, office supplies, decorations for interior and exterior spaces, and miscellaneous gifts, among other stuff. More than I can list.
    Weight this A.M. was 156.4 lbs. or 71.1 Kg. Downward trend.
    Let’s stay strong together. Best of luck to everyone.

Day 11 UK NFD
    Grateful for a successful FD yesterday.

@annemarilyn – thanks for sharing. I’ve got myself into an anxious state thinking a catastrophe is waiting for me around the corner. It’s been a challenging year or so and I’m anxious something else is going to come along. I have no evidence on which to base this but it’s a thought that overpowers me and I need to move on from this. What struck me in reading the posts and the reply’s is that I seem to pick up on the negative/struggling elements of someone’s post where as someone else reading the same post will see and comment on the positive side. Made me realise how invasive negativity had become within me, trying hard to turn this around.

@michelinne – what a lovely weekend with the added bonus of the joy and distraction of chatting.

Peace, love and harmony to all on this poignant Remembrance Sunday.
    Ta x

Day 11: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Bright and sunny start to the day here.
    Lots of activity around the country in our towns and cities today for remembrance 100 years today.
    An old friend (from my school-days) is joining the peoples’ march past the cenotaph in London today. She had to take part in a ballot to be among the 10,000 chosen. In our town one of the things happening is that a whole load of people in coloured capes are going to create a living poppy in front of the parish church.(presumably best viewed from the air!). Also beacons will be lit this evening from all parts of the country.

Day 11 – Netherlands – NFD
    Hi Basyjames, would love to join the novemberchallenge. I’m an 60 yrs old female, living in the Netherlands. Fasting now for about one and a half year. Did a very succesful FD yesterday and monday (nov.5) Weightloss is around 7 ounces. I can’t add myself in the schedule, I think you have to do that? If you do, I would be very grateful ! My next FD is tuesday 13. Great job this novemberchallenge !

DAY 11 – UK – NFD

Welcome @longlife1

This is a great forum. Very supportive and friendly.

Day 11, Guildford UK, MFD.

Still truckin.

Wore a belt yesterday! A belt! A wide belt.

And I went dancing.

Still no kitchen, no electricity downstairs ring until it all dries out. So no tv or sky. Still keeping on keeping on.

Yesterday went to a birthday party and ate cake and crisps.

I want to catch up.

Welcome @longlife1.

Mari

Day 11, Finland, NFD

We have Fathers Day today in Finland, and we have celebrated over the whole weekend. Started off well with a parkrun yesterday, while not able to jog the whole way just yet I took a minute off my best time. Lovely coffee with my daughter and friend afterwards. Swimming with the family then visit to my father in law for early fathers day pizza and cake. Then today for hubby we had english breakfast and dropscones with nutella! I know I could be strong and just take it easy, but not me. I will say I feel full alot earlier than I used to which is one good thing. I have managed to stay below 95 which I don’t ever want to see again on the scale, but am looking forward to a FD tomorrow.

@gretta have a wonderful wedding on Saturday, and enjoy your week. It is a lovely time!

To everyone else, have a great end of the weekend and start to a new week, thank goodness its pay day this week!!

Day 11 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check in before church. Hope you are all doing well.

Onward and downward.

USA Day 11 FD

Start of my new week of eating only one meal per day heading to my water fast day!

I am with all those in the UK who are celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the end of WWI. My grandfather fought in that war!

Have a great day, everyone!

Hello @longlife1: We always welcome new people! You sound as if you’ve been very successful sticking with this way of life, it would be great to have you with us. Hints and tips from successful people always needed and welcomed…
    Have you reached your goal weight yet? I did in 2016 but fell off the wagon during maintenance and have never really got back on. Currently running alongside!

Day 12, London, UK, NFD
    Day 11, London, UK, NFD

I woke up to a flat tyre yesterday, so it was a mad dash to get it repaired before the journey to Twickenham for the Rugby. Fantastic game, fabulous atmosphere, wonderful company, crap, crap, crap weather!!!! It was an EFS day too, although it was 16:8, there was a 3 course lunch & flowing wine, then the match followed by cakes, mini-pies and coffee; even the 40min walk back to Twickenham didn’t balance out the 3 course dinner that followed (although I did go HFLC – no bread, chips or dessert) no halo polishing, I was just too stuffed!!!

The remainder of November will definitely be booze free, except for a celebratory glass for my brothers’ birthdays at the end of the month, as today I’m feeling slightly delicate!!!!

@songbirdme, thanks for the link what a lovely voice…………………… so talented, this family of songbirds!!!!!

Welcome @longlife1, it’s never too late to join this fabulous group!!!

@annemarilyn & @dingping, my anxiety and stress reduced dramatically with taking niacin before bed, EFT tapping , meditation and they truly declined in line with my weight ……………………… no vanity, I just came to realise I wasn’t happy being different and the Godsend that is 5:2 came along at EXACTLY the right time!!!

Anyway, I’m off for another nap, I’m not used to the excitement that yesterday brought …………………….. or I could just be hungover!!!!!

Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 11 Canada NFD

Had such a busy day yesterday shopping, today is going to be totally home based. Sunshine, snow and fresh air are outside my door. Such a contrast to the malls and supermarket, seems like the Christmas rush has started!

Day 11 Belfast NFD
    I had a couple of glasses of wine last night, the first for a month and then the munchies followed. When I woke this morning, I kind of regretted it, because they weren’t as nice as I’d expected. 😦Back on track today.

@cornish-jane – that sounds like an expensive storm. Hope you get it fixed soon
    @sparklyshoes – making a career decision at 17 is so difficult when one’s life experience is limited.
    @dingping – there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I have kept a ‘grateful’ diary on and off for a while, which helps to focus on good things.
    Welcome @Longlife 1. You’re in a good place here for support
    @daffodil2010 – great rugby match

On this Remembrance Sunday, I remember my great Uncle Edgar, who was killed, and my grandfather, who was shot but survived. War is such a waste of lives.

Day 11
    Florida

I’m back from a great trip to Spain and Portugal. We always love traveling in Europe. Due to the all the walking, I only gain 2 ounces. 🙂 While I didn’t stay directly on the fasting plans, we did only eat 2 meals a day. I was nervous I would gain on the cruise ship home but didn’t Well it’s back to the plan tomorrow. Since I have reached my first goal, I have a new one set for the next few months or however long it takes.

@basyjames I wasn’t able to log in my weight info and sent a request to be able to.

Day 11, Gozo, Malta, nfd

I’m with those who remembered First World War. Malta was called the nurse of the Mediterranean as it had hospitals for the soldiers brought to Malta to get in better health.

Today I served pumpkin soup, baked chicken legs with bacon and thyme and olive oil and served it with red peppers, onions and aubergines baked with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. My third daughter bought the dessert .

Rainbowsmile take care

Tomorrow I fast. Onwards and downwards.

Day 11, UK, NFD

Its been an indulgence weekend, I’m not even going to bother with scales for now 😶 ….

@northerndawn I’m not sure what caused impingement, I vaguely remember when it started though, because I started having pains down my arm and I was wondering if I’m having a heart attack 😮 haha , but no idea how it happened.

@longlife1 welcome and good luck 🙂 , this place is great for support and encouragement, but also just chatting 😀 , I added you to the spread sheet so just fill any info you want, the link is below 🙂

@kaywesterman welcome back 🤗 , try this spread sheet link, its been changed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sm19V6MpRZxaWSg4rd8fdqbvpgt_L89L1RTiu5dpUDc/edit#gid=710521371

Hope everyone had a great weekend 🌼

Day 7 and 8 – USA – NFD
    Day 9 – FD
    Day 10 – NFD
    Day 11 – NFD

Day 11 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Enjoying a healthy eating day. My son & a friend of his popped by and helped my eat a new dessert I’d made – a Chocolate Avocado Mousse with whipped cream and they could add raspberries and sliced almonds as desired. It was sweetened with healthy sweetener. The verdict was a thumbs up!

@metatauta – glad to see you posting. Probably your new job is using up a lot of your energy. Wishing you well my friend!

@longlife1 – welcome! You might check the beginning posts by @basyjames, our host for the month, on the 1st page. That’ll give you a good idea about how this challenge works 🙂

@ciren2 – that’s interesting to hear how 11/11 is marked in London. I can visualize it from your description.

@bellyblast – it’s more like winter here as well! We got our first snow on Friday. I got a great fire going in the fireplace after I got home from work, & buying the Thanksgiving turkey. I was glad not to have to go out driving after the snow started. Will be needing to buy winter tires as I live on a large hill of the city. I don’t want to be sliding down to the schools I need to visit.

@kaywesterman – good for you doing so well on your vacation! Wish we could see some of your pictures. I’m hoping to head to Spain during Spring break. Just checking with my supervisor if, as a part-time person we can make that work. It’s a 9-day trip organized by a group called Women of Faith.

All the best my fine forum friends!

Day 12 – Japan – WFD #81 in 2018

I won’t fast on Friday because of a family conflict. So I’m not sure what I’m going to do this week.

Day 12 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Hi all, so posting here over the weekend definitely helped me moderate my sunday blowout, so that’s something I need to make a big effort to continue.

Pretty peckish today, but will have jumped onto the forum for some inspiration, and will try and stick to somewhere between 450-600 calories, and will go for a MFD/CD on Wednesday. Not to mention a few gym sessions, and that will be it pre-wedding!

The weather is thankfully looking dry, and a mile 23 degrees, as we’re getting married outside, so that’s all good news!

Happy monday everyone!

Day 12 Pocket List:
    @gretta

DAY 12 – UK – FD

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes

Happy Monday Everyone. Here’s hoping we all have a successful week.

Day 12 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Much needed FD after a weekend of eating and boozing.

Then on Thursday morning I am off to Spain! Yay! Flying to Madrid, hiring a car and driving to fabulous Valencia for 4 nights for the finale of the Moto GP. The championship is already won, but I so look forward to winter sunshine in Valencia.

Just have to get through the next few days. Feeling slightly hungover this morning…I dont usually blow out on a Sunday but I did last night. Oooops. Dry till…..Thursday in Valencia 🍷💃🏁

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010

Day 12 Belfast FD
    A new week dawns
    @ciren2 – I saw your ‘human poppy’ on the news. It looked amazing.
    @kaywesterman – well done on maintaining your weight on holiday. Glad you had a good time.

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251

Onwards and downwards!

Day 12 Wales FD

Happy Monday fasting!

Day 12 Pocket List
    @gretta
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @missybear

Day 12, London, UK, NFD

Aiming for a CD today, my tummy needs a rest!!!

@metatauta & @dykask, it’s good to hear from you both, a quick check-in here or there is enough!!!

@kaywesterman ……………………….. 2 ounces???!!!!! That’s what I call a successful holiday!!!!

I’m already looking forward to fasting tomorrow, but I will NOT use it to cancel out todays’ excesses …………………. So today WILL be controlled & mindful!!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.