November 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 756 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 760 total)

• Day 7: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Very rainy day. We drove to (near) Reading today to meet up with our daughter and a long-time friend (honourary aunt to her, really) for lunch at a lovely restaurant. As DD will be off to Australia on Boxing Day….it was a sort of catch-up and goodbye lunch for them.
    @daffodil2010: I was thinking of getting a step-counter, just out of interest, to see how much walking I do at work. Not a fitbit (maybe too complicated and,it seems, too tyranical for tech-phobics like me) just a simple step counter to tie to my ankle or leg somehow…otherwise, how can they count accurately?
    @coda: my heart goes out to you, your son and your poor grandson. It sounds as if your DIL is very controlling to the point of being unstable….could it be some kind of post-natal depression manifesting itself here? I DO feel for you, but sadly, I can think of no solution to this right now. Maybe, in time, things will get better. I do hope so xxx

Day 7 Minnesota, USA NFD
    Quick check in. Best of luck to everyone!

Day 7 FD Montana
    I failed on Monday, tried again yesterday, failed. SO today it the day. My word I don’t know what my problem is. Cold? Elections? So many excuses. But I made a delicious vegetarian tortilla soup. I am looking forward to it. I have Yoga tonight, so I will be busy late. I start with Halloween candy… UGH! Stop it.
    @sarahbob I am a fitbit addict. My band broke this summer and I went about 10 days without it. YIKES.
    @kerryn73 House of Cards is making me stay up too late a night. I love it.
    @coda my heart is breaking for your son… XO

Day 7, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Coda I hope you heal quickly. I also hope you’ll be able to see your grandson soon. You’re in my prayers. Please take care.

Today I ate too much of yogurt ice cream, about five 136 calories each. I didn’t do a fast dat.

Tomorrow my pregnant daughter is finishing her last exam this week, an oral on Skype from South Africa at around 9.00 local time. She wants me to go have lunch with her. Then on Friday we’re taking her son to Malta to the aquarium.

I feel I cannot attempt to do any more fast days this week.

I need to have more will power in order not to binge and start eating mindfully again.

Onwards and downwards. Good night 😴💤 everyone.

Day 7, UK, NFD

This should have been my FD, but I got diagnosed with shoulder impingement and was given a cortisone shot yesterday, and I’ve been in constant pain all night and day. So I didn’t feel like fasting when I have to take painkillers often.
    At least I didn’t overeat, so thats something 🙂

@coda I’m so sorry to hear that story and that problem still going on, that is just cruel. Maybe your son should look into legal side of things about visiting/custody rights and go that way? I really hope and pray things get better for you xx

I read all the posts but I’m finding it very difficult to type, so will respond more when I can.

Have a lovely day/evening everyone ❤

Day 8, 8 am FD, Australia.
    @basyjames- thank you for fixing the spreadsheet.
    I think this is my first fast day for the month, but not sure. I didn’t keep tabs except in the spreadsheet. I really need this FD after a weekend away.

USA Day 7 FD

Today was another successful FD and my kitchen is closed for the night! I hope I keep going on this path. Maybe I finally found a system that works for me!

Have a great evening/night everyone!

Day 7, Guildford UK, Feast day

Ate a whole packet of biscuits. I am a stress eater.

Mari

Day 8, Australia, FD
    @cateaus

@coda – wow, it sure does sound like some mental illness to me. Not that knowing just what the cause might be solves the problems, but it could help. @ciren2 I completely agree. The controlling factor might also be post partum depression or even something worse. Bipolar disorder often manifests in early 20’s.

@bellyblast – it was called “water dog” and we did it often! It is sort of an upright angled against the wall dog. This website describes it: https://www.allinahealth.org/HealthySetGo/SingleArticle.aspx?id=36507243931

Still day 7 –

@coda – so sad how things are going regarding your grandson. I agree with others who have suggested following legal avenues, but perhaps you are. You referred to mediation. I know my parents tried that route in Canada when my former brother-in-law remarried after my sister passed. He kept our family from seeing my sister’s 2 small children she left behind. It didn’t end up working for them because the new wife wouldn’t cooperate. I don’t know the UK laws. One thing though, it might be a good idea to chronicle what you’re doing and what she does. It might come in helpful if you do pursue certain routes. May God give you wisdom!

@shinything – ouch, sounds like you’re in a lot of pain. Hopefully it recedes soon.

Day 7 Ohio,US — NFD

Well, no worry about seeking balance today! Went over TDEE again. I suspect that the periodic high-stress time at work has begun and will probably last the next month. Not gaining any weight during this period will definitely be a victory, and something of an acid test for me with this WOL. From the time that I’ve already been on 5:2 it seems that there’s a very good chance of that.

@rainbowsmile I can empathize with you! I use Mary Pickford’s statement as my mantra: “Failing is not falling down, it’s not getting back up again.” So tomorrow we’ll definitely be back up again!!

@shinything Hope the shoulder gets to feeling better fast!

@ciren2 Let me recommend an Omron step counter. I’ve been using mine for 5 years now and it still keeps an accurate count. I just put it into a pants pocket or a jacket pocket when I get dressed in the morning and it seems to keep an accurate count. It’s now become a habit like keeping my keys in my pocket, etc. I find that keeping a daily log of the count really does help with the long term motivation. Good luck with the counting!!!

DAY 8 – UK – FD

I’ve not eaten much at all due to a recent gastro bleed. Lost about 1/2lb which doesn’t makes sense. My abdomen is very bloated so I’m thinking I’m holding fluid. I’ve got a Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy to look forward to in the coming weeks. Oh the joys.

Good luck and warm wishes to everyone. I love reading all your posts.

Day 8 Pocket List
    @cateaus
    @judyjudes

Day 8, Cornwall UK, FD

The Dry Til Fri attempt is going well. No alc since sunday and won’t drink tonight as its a fast day. So thats a result! I am going to check out low alc beers and wines as well. Just have to watch the sugar as there is little point reducing the alc and increasing the sugar!

@daffodil2010 – i too was involved in the drinks business for a while – and had a customer who would choose his wine entirely by the alcohol strength! Wine fairs taught me how bad wine is for your teeth as 2 days of wine tasting made my gums ache terribly. One of the reasons why i changed job and realising how many people out there have a drinking problem and not wanting to take their money or join them.

@coda – stay strong for your grandchildren and sorry your family problems are so difficult at the moment. Is there someone who could talk to your DIL to see how she sees family contact working? Then you know how far apart you are and if you have to get legal help. Hope things improve.

@songbirdme – water yoga sounds odd but interesting. I checked the link you sent and may try it if the opportunity presents itself. Here in deep rural Cornwall we don’t get offered much but you never know. We have a v posh local hotel that charges locals £500 just to access the pool – and by invitation only! I suppose i should harden up and swim in the sea. Imagine sea yoga?!

Day 8, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Going to try a B2B! I have already had my two FDs this week, but food wise today it’s all planned to be good, so I may have an 800 cal max day. Weight stayed the same after yesterday’s FD BUT I am comfortable in a skirt that I have not been comfortable in since before my holidays, so onwards and downwards.

I have final class of yoga tonight but not sure if I will go. My knee is a bit sore, but, in all honesty, I am not so sure about this type of yoga. It’s Kundalini yoga, and while I love the poses, there is far too much chanting, and breathing, and singing and downright happy clappy hippyish things for me. I am going to source another yoga school in the area, maybe some Pilates too ☺️

What type of yoga do you guys all do?

@coda my heart breaks for you and your family. I see the same situation with my SIL….her son split up from the mother of his child and won’t allow access to granny and grandad, and only occasional access to the father. My own OH went through a lot of this with his own kids when he split from first wife. Oh it’s terrible and I have no wise words but am sending you love and comfort.

@cornish-jane Dry till Fri rocks! Like, today is Thursday and that, in the past, was a trigger …it’s almost the weekend, blah blah….but now, taking 5:2 mantra, I look forward to my wine, but tomorrow 🍷

Pocket list day 8
    @daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @cateaus

Day 8, London, UK, FD

Fasting today as my mojo went walkabout last night and ended in a biscuit binge (I was with you @rainbowsmile …………. without the stress, just gluttony)!!! I’m constantly famished at the moment, my head is in the game but my tummy is rebelling ………………………………. Loudly!!!

@coda, my heart goes out to you and your son, I truly hope things get resolved soon. Does she have the backing of her own friends & family for behaving this way??? Your son has legal rights too, if it comes to that. You’re definitely on the Dry November road, ‘one wee sip’ definitely doesn’t count, I should know, I’m not counting Saturday at all, because I’ll be at the Rugby ………………… no such thing as ‘one wee sip’ there!!!!!

@bellyblast, blame the poor sentence structure, I had chopped up apple with Greek yoghurt as my stand-by snack, and a shop bought pumpkin soup for my lunch, rather than combined!!! ………………. It still wasn’t enough, hence the biscuits!!! I snorted into my coffee imagining under-water downward dog ……………… or is it drowning dog????

@murph58, no such thing as failure here, just rescheduling!!! Take a deep breath and don’t look back ……………….. you aren’t going that way anyway!!!!!

Stay strong everyone, and ……………………………

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Day 8: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    @judyjudes: Poor you…my husband had colitis many years ago, gall bladder trouble more recently, and ongoing intestinal troubles still. They suggest IBS for lack of any real diagnosis/ He’s had all those tests you are “looking forward” to. Good luck and I hope it resolves.
    @matpi: I’ll look up about your step counter. What gets me is, how can they count steps by being just in a pocket? Not strapped to the ankle? What about any other movements you make, getting in and out of cars for example?

Day 8 USA (Illinois) NFD

Actually today is a DAFD and I also have a meeting tonight that includes wine and snacks. I’ll do my best to limit the wine and go easy on the snacks.

@cornishjane – hmm, SEA yoga likely would not work as the wall of the pool is akin to a “mat” for lots of poses. Wow, though, that’s a LOT of money to swim in your local pool. I would just stick with normal mat yoga.

@daffodil2020 – that kind of yoga sounds too ‘hippyish’ for me too! Our youngest daughter teaches ‘core power’ yoga in Texas, and is an accomplished singer, but she just sings TO her classes at savasana and they love her. Someone recently opted to pay for studio time so she could record for them!

@judyjudes – sure do hope you can get relief from your GI troubles soon!

@coda – sending so much love and prayers for resolution for you all.

Onward and downward.

Day 8 North Canton OH FD

I could not post yesterday, too much family stuff going o and I had little to no time in front of the computer. I had 4 chik-fil-a mini biscuits yesterday, and then had 2 more, and it all went downhill from there. Today is reset day.
    @cateaus I can’t take credit for the spreadsheet, kudos goes to @shiny Thing and I am very thankful to and for her.
    @bellyblast thanks for the referral to Alcohol Explained. I am looking forward digesting the information
    @rainbowsmile that is so scary, I am so glad nobody got hurt. I had biscuits yesterday too – but that was yesterday, today is a new day 
    @daffodil2010 I completely relate to the FitBit tyranny, but I am not ready to be free yet 
    @arelkade congrats on resisting the biscuits and mindful eating
    @coda my heart goes out to you, your family and your son. I will keep you in my prayers. But I agree that there has to be legal recourse for you. Your son has a right to be with his son and share the joy of being a father with his family.

I love your quote @at eat for the body you want…not the body you have. We can do this:

Pocket list day 8
    @daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @cateaus
    @basyjames

Day 8, Finland, FD

I am checking in to save this FD. I am ready to run to the shop and buy chocolate….
    I had my body measure done today, no surprises really. My weight was down 2kgs from 2 years ago, and it was fat loss. Unfortunately the weight is about 20kg still too high. Did go to the gym after to start making a dent in those 20kg!

@coda I am really sorry for your terrible situation with your DIL. She definitely sounds unstable. I hope it can be resolved.
    @daffodil2010 I just do yoga at home, i suscribe to OMstars and mix and mash styles, but i like ashtanga best.

Heres the pocket list for today

Pocket list day 8
    @daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @cateaus
    @basyjames
    @kerryn73

Good luck for the rest of the day everyone!

Day 8 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Heres the pocket list for today

Pocket list day 8
    @daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @cateaus
    @basyjames
    @kerryn73
    @missybear

Happy Thursday fasting 🙂

Day 8 UK NFD

Well so far this week I have had 3 unintended fast days as I came down with plague. I’m aiming to try and eat a bit more today but I’m still not very hungry (Not usually a problem for me lol). I’ve just had a bath and washed my hair so now I’m feeling much Perkier. 😁

I spent most of yesterday curled up in bed reading ‘Man’s search for meaning by Viktor E Frankl. Whilst not the easiest of reads it is very interesting and inspiring. It has given me much to think about.

@daffodil2010, @basyjames, @murph58 I regret to inform you that I will remain a slave to the Fitbit for the foreseeable future as the OH bought me a new one, bless him! 😁

@coda I am so sorry to hear about your current situation. Sending you love and I hope the matter is resolved soon. Please keep strong.

@kerryn73 STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE!!!! Lol

To everyone having a hard time and to everyone having a fab time I’m sending a rainbow of positive vibes your way. 🌈

Day 8 Minnesota, USA FD

Here’s the pocket list for today:

Pocket list day 8

@daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @cateaus
    @basyjames
    @kerryn73
    @missybear
    @northerndawn

Happy Thursday fasting . Best of luck to everyone!

USA Day8 FD

Today will be a regular 5:2 FD for me on top of that other schedule. I have found that based on my TDEE, the complete day’s calorie count can only come to 343 calories which is a quarter of my TDEE. I did come up with a sufficient meal plan containing a small lunch and dinner. I find missing breakfast easy!

Adding myself to the pocket list.
    @daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @cateaus
    @basyjames
    @kerryn73
    @missybear
    @northerndawn
    @ccco

Daffodil2010: I have been doing yoga, too, but mine is for mature women with arthritis. I don’t think you would be interested in that! LOL I used to do water aerobics but it now hurts too much with the arthritis! Oh, well! I used to dapple in all kinds of aerobic classes before I decided to get old, as well as pilates! Those days are long gone! 🙁

Code: My heart goes out to you! Now that I am expecting my first grandchild, I cannot imagine going through what you are. You remain in my prayers with the hope you will find a favorable resolution! 🙂

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 8 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Yay, I get to eat today as I complete yesterday’s fast about noon – 40+ hours. I’m working on making my FDs true water fasts. Cutting the cream in the coffee is harder than I thought.

@snowflake56 – hope you’re doing okay.

Okay, off to a couple of observations this morning. Maybe a haircut this afternoon if James has room for me.

On this journey together!

day 8 FD
    I did it! Yesterday was a good strong fast day!! I am doing another one today, so I can celebrate my friends birthday tomorrow. I made this vegetarian tortilla soup, it is so amazing. Really nothing to it but broth, canned tomatoes, onion, garlic, and tons of hot spices. Oh and I did cook it will 4 cut up tortillas. SOOOO perfect for fasting.
    @flourbaby, thank you!!! I am up
    @sarahbob, That was nice of your husband! I just bought me and my daughter ID bracelets, for Christmas, and it may replace my FITBIT. I am frustrated with my FB it doesn’t count my gym time, yoga or PIYO. All things I love and I hate the feeling of being a slave to something for credit…
    I hope everyone that is fasting is having a great day!! The rest of you, enjoy your day also.

Day 8 Belfast FD

I’m going well this week (famous last words!)

@coda – you and yours are in my thoughts ((Hugs))
    @daffodil2010 – my yoga teacher calls her class ‘chakra flow’ and it’s mostly pose based and flows wonderfully well. She says it is her own mix of different types.
    @judyjudes – that sounds like a long time to wait for your scopes. I hope you get sorted soon and heal quickly.

Watching carefully what I eat this week and it’s working well for me. My mojo is definitely back.

Onwards and downwards

Day 8 Canada FD

I’m giving myself a B+ on yesterday’s NFD. Calories wouldn’t have been up there but I got distracted and busy and didn’t eat to the high nutrition level I was hoping for! At least it was chocolate free.

@daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @cateaus
    @basyjames
    @kerryn73
    @missybear
    @northerndawn
    @ccco
    @bellyblast

Day 8 Arizona FD

Its tough to sit at a computer all day and not give in to the munchies. Doing well so far.

@daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @cateaus
    @basyjames
    @kerryn73
    @missybear
    @northerndawn
    @ccco
    @bellyblast
    @lpswaite

Day 8, UK, NFD

Its been an ok day so far, I ate sensibly and more importantly, my shoulder pain is subsiding, its still there but I’m so relieved that its improving. That was no fun at all! I am looking into exercises for strengthening shoulder muscles.

@annemarilyn, @matpi thank you for your well wishes, it helps xx

@daffodil2010 go for Hatha, Ashtanga or Vinyasa yoga if you are looking for more physical style of yoga. You can read up about them to decide but they all physically challenging 🙂

@judyjudes that sounds rough 🙁 , hope you feel better soon 🤗

Have a good day everyone ❤

Day 8 UK FD

Yesterday’s OMAD didn’t stop 🙁 If only I’d stopped after supper, or even pudding, when I was still under 800 calories…

Instead I was tempted by the little cafe-baked bread rolls left over from my post-event supper – which I’d brought home to freeze and offer to my houseguest bc they were going to be thrown out 🙁 ….But of course I pulled them back out of the freezer and defrosted a couple in the microwave. And kept eating them even tho I knew the gluten would make them stick to my guts and draw in huge amounts of water 🙁 I stopped after 4, so around 80g wholemeal bread… Obviously today I feel lousy – hungover, gut ache, increased joint pain and with a glutaceously aching carbtastic tum that’s back in the 3rd trimester. Will I never learn? 🙁

Waiting for my friend to arrive for the remembrance & peace events this weekend. It’ll be a quick drop off stuff & zip out to a dinner so I’ve just eaten weird leftovers meal. Feeling v full after salad, smoked tofu and steamed cauliflower – total 300 calories so room for pudding. Perhaps spicy stewed fruit with a few chopped nuts & fat-free Greek yogurt with cacao – yum 🙂

On the bright side, today I passed on a couple of lovely Cos dresses I’d lived in last year bc I simply can’t wear them 33lbs lighter 🙂 And bought my first New Thing since my Spring sale summer dress: a lovely soft down gilet. I still bought a man’s size bc I like having the extra wiggle room rather than the more fitted women’s style and lovely colour, but rejected the larger sizes because now I’m swamped by them. It’s just what I need to wear under my long brown dryzabone coat, as I turn away from black and shades that blend in to the background 🙂

@shinything sorry about your shoulder, hope it’s better v soon
    @ccco sounds as tho you’re doing wonderfully in your preparation for water fasting
    @rainbowsmile a big hug and some flowers to cheer you up https://goo.gl/images/kwQsR6 (btw I’m past my busy time and would be delighted to find a time to meet up..?) x
    @coda so sorry this is so hard. Keeping a diary of it and getting a legal opinion might be helpful in nipping this in the bud before it becomes established. Your grandson needs time to build his own relationships, and she will not be allowed to control this. Times have changed. Both parents have rights and both are required to put the infant’s well-being first, which includes time with both parents.
    @daffodil2010 I’ve been using LIM yoga – Less Is More – for the last 6 years. It’s an adapted yoga developed by an inspiring Canadian instructor for people with neuro conditions – specifically parkinson’s or dystonia, but most people find it helpful. There’a book, DVD and online classes. Doing it at home works for me!

@flourbaby I’m with you on the gluttony 🙁 but also in getting my mojo back now 🙂

@daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @cateaus
    @basyjames
    @kerryn73
    @missybear
    @northerndawn
    @ccco
    @murph
    @debster251
    @bellyblast
    @lpswaite
    @michelinme

Day 8 – France -FD

Checking in to add myself to the fasters.

Pocket list for day 8:
    @daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @cateaus
    @basyjames
    @kerryn73
    @missybear
    @northerndawn
    @ccco
    @murph
    @debster251
    @bellyblast
    @lpswaite
    @michelinme
    @sparklyshoes

Day 8 – UK – CD

Started the day with an aerobic class – does set you up for the day!

Caught up with friends over a coffee this afternoon.

Have discovered cooking using sumac recently and cooked a new recipe tonight – If anyone is interested this was the recipe but I added a bit of fresh chilli and some baby spinach leaves to the salad and found that only about 1/2 of the dressing was required – OH loved it!
    Sumac-coated fish with green bean, lentil and parsley salad – Recipes …
    https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/sumac…fish…/f637a902-8b55-41d3-95fc-0

@coda – my heart went out to you when I read your post – so sad that something that should be celebrated and enjoyed as a family is causing so much heartache – As others have said there might be some mental health issues here with your DIL – I do hope that there is some positive outcome for your DS as well as for you 🤗🤗
    @bellyblast – definitely high intensity yoga is the hardest class I have done!!!
    @murph58 – that F word is not allowed – we all have bad days but the beauty of this WOL is that you can pick yourself up the next day or the day after or the one after that and press that RESET button – As Winston Churchill Quotes:- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
    @shinything – hope that shoulder settles down soon xx
    @rainbowsmile – that is why I don’t keep biscuits in the house……..🤣
    @matpi – not sure if these words will help you during this periodic high-stress time at work but might be a good mantra for you over the next weeks “Character is who you are under pressure, not who you are when everything is fine” Remember you are stronger that you think!! 🤗
    @judyjudes – thinking of you – fingers crossed you get those tests done sooner than later and a plan of action can be put in place 🤗
    @snowflake56 – how are you my friend? some short posts from you recently – hope all is OK xx
    @daffodil2010 – my teacher mixes up her yoga classes – Some weeks the classes are more strength focused, other times more restorative, and sometimes more flowing in nature. Like you I’m not much for the chanting and singing side 🙏
    @annemarilyn – well done on that 40+hr FD
    @lpswaite – nice to see that you are still with us x

Reading through the posts and writing my own this evening has taken me over the danger period of feeling the need to nibble on something so I’m ending up on a good CD 😇
    Due to various social outings looks like I’m only going to manage 1 x FD this week but have got in a couple of good CDs too and I’m managing to stick of my 4/5 alcohol free nights each week!!! As my weight is on the lower end of my maintenance range I’m happy with that!

Tomorrow night OH and I are going out for a meal and Jazz concert celebrating the music of John Coltrane 50 years after the revolutionary’s death – looking forward to that and will no doubt enjoy a couple of glasses of some red 🍷

For those struggling at the moment – It’s okay. NO REALLY. It’s okay if you’re not feeling 100 percent today. But you know what – You have to get back up – You have to try – People depend on you but most importantly you depend on you, too!!!

I have found this poem by EDGAR A. GUEST inspiring in the past and hope it helps some of you too 🤗
    DON’T QUIT
    “When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low but the debts are high,
    And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit…
    Rest if you must, but don’t you quit!

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many failures turn about
    When we might have won had we stuck it out.
    Don’t give up though the pace seems slow…
    You may succeed with another blow.

Often the struggler has given up
    When he might have captured the victor’s cup;
    And he learned too late when the night came down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out…
    And you can never tell how close you are
    It may be near when it seems so far.
    So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit
    It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit”

Second post day 8

@at… you are amazing. Thank you for the kind words, and fantastic poem.

Day 8 second post

I have made it thru a proper FD today – yay! – coming in under well under 400 calories. And done yoga & meditation, for the first time this week. Nothing momentous has changed but a bit of breathing space and a series of small decisions made by my better self.

It’s not about doing the impossible once, but about taking small steps in the right direction 🙂

Day 9 – Japan – WFD #80

This week has been hard, even while eating. My stomach isn’t happy and I’m often feeling poor after eating. There is some construction happening on the building next to us and they have been painting the roofs lately. I think the flumes from the compounds being used might be making me sick. Today it is raining a bit so I hope this fast goes better than the one on Monday.

Day 9 – Melbourne AUS – NFD (but will try and keep the choices clean)

Sorry I’ve been absent, I’ve been reading all the posts and I’m still here!
    Recap: Day5 MFD turned CD (1000cal), Day6 NFD, Day7 FD (580 cal), Day8 Not quite a CD (around 1400)

Was feeling a little on the heavy side at the start of the week (likely due to the extra wine I’ve been having) as there have been a few events on, and I find it hard to say no. The tub of magnum surely didn’t help. But I’ve pulled it back, done plenty of exercise, and feeling good again. I’ll give myself a weigh in tomorrow to see where I’m at. The fiance is away in Sydney for his bucks party, so i’m going to bake some salmon and veg, glass of Riesling, and get stuck into the new House of Cards.

Interesting discussion about the alcohol, I’m definitely going to have a listen to Brooke Castillo’s podcasts as it definitely wouldn’t hurt to cut down, and her approach seems very relatable.

Two solid fast days next week and it will be wedding time.

@at thanks! After a year doing 5:2, my body has actually been craving a fast – for flexibilities sake it’s going to be one CF, a FD, and a MFD to see me through the week.
    @rainbowsmile thank goodness no one was hurt! And lucky you’ve found the cause of the issue. It’s never easy to live in chaos, stay strong!
    @claire Suzanne I think we all struggle with those body insecurities. I’ve tried to focus on fitness achievements (half marathon a few weeks ago, and now to do a single unassisted pull up) to help keep focused on what matters, good health and fitness. I’m sure you will look stunning 
    @sparklyshoes welcome back!
    @coda that sounds awful, so sorry to hear you and your family are going through that.
    @murph58 wooohoo congrats on the FD!!!!

My Sundays are usually my undoing, so I’m going to make a promise to myself to log in here, as the positivity and support always helps me refocus 🙂

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Day 8 Ohio, US FD(#26)

FD went well, although this afternoon I was a little tired toward 4. That cleared up with dinner and this evening has gone well.

@ciren2 Not sure exactly how it works — something about coupled pendula creating a 3-dimensional frame. It does have to be vertical for it to work. I just ran 2 tests on it: I held it in my hand and then did a forceful up and down motion a few times and it didn’t register that as steps. I also held it my fist and hit the table top a couple of times with the fist and that didn’t register as steps either. Hope this helps!

@at Thanks for the mantra. I’ll keep it where I can refer to it when I’m at my work desk. Actually, it’s not a matter of direct stress so much as there is a great deal of free-floating anxiety and for some reason I seem to soak that up like a sponge. I’ve tried a lot of things like meditation, mudras, etc. and they help, but the “sponge effect” seems to be part of my personality.

Hope you’re all enjoying the dark of the moon!

Day 9 – France – CD

Am annoyed with myself as weight is not moving down as it should, maybe because i botched last night’s FD in particular with a nice big glass of vino 🍷. I made a delicious cauliflower soup (not really a low-calorie one), it was yummy and i couldn’t stop eating it. So today is a controlled day, see if that gets things moving downwards.

Day 9, Cornwall UK, NFD

Good fast day yesterday. But have been treading water the last few months so not sure what the scales will say this morning.

Dry Til Fri was a success. Except my OH bought home snacks instead – so I need to find a way to resist those. It does make life harder when you have to resist the bad habits of those you share your life with! On the other hand we have been fasting together and eating plant-based together and that has been very helpful so i need to see the big picture.

@daffodil2010 – i like Vinyasa Flow yoga. The teachers vary in style but it keeps you moving and its more challenging. I like to get sweaty and out of breath! As for the mystical side of yoga i find it varies a lot by teacher – maybe check their social media profiles to find a better match! I just tolerate the talk of chakras, etc in order to get the health benefits.

DAY 9 – UK – CD

@ciren2 Thank you for your kind message. Sorry to hear your husband is having problems too.

@songbirdme & @debster251 Thank you for your kind words and TY @at for posting a great poem!

Yesterday’s FD a bit off as consumed 585 cals rather than 375 required for a true FD. I still ate 50% less than my TDEE. Today will have a CD and aim for 800.

I’m feeling better in myself everyday but remain incredibly bloated … think 7 months pregnant bloated. So uncomfortable and looks dreadful. We had booked to go away at Christmas but have cancelled as it’s was a very food based holiday, think set menus with wine accompaniment. Would be a total waste as can’t face alcohol and food is taking a back seat at the moment.

Have a great day you lovely lot 😊

Day 9, Cornwall UK, NFD, 2nd post

Did my weekly weigh-in and down 0.7kg to 71.6kg – thats a big result for a tortoise! My first Dry Til Fri week has definately helped to get off this plateau. Thanks for the encouragement out there.

I have two big targets left on my marathon. I am currently aiming for BMI25 and am 0.2kgs away now. Just gotta keep going, keep going, keep going….

My final target is 65kg but not really thinking about that at the moment. I had hoped some time ago to reach that by the year end but I feel cool about taking this one into the new year, as I plan to carry on with the fasting into maintenance anyway. Thats the plan – just have to be persistent, consistent and resistant!

Day 9: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Dull, damp and chilly here today. At least, not being at work this week, I don’t have to be outside if I don’t want to be….ha…ha..!
    @matpi: wow…thanks for trying out those scientific (!) experiments for me on your step-counter. I’ve ordered one on Amazon, seemed to have mainly 5-star reviews, although, as usual, there were some less (even 1-star). So, I guess, I try it and see, as it’s not very expensive, a basic step counter (three dimensional, as you say). I don’t want to get obsessed by it…but am curious how much I walk each day, especially with the job I have (postie).
    @gretta: I’ve actually found the house in Pakenham my daughter will be sharing! Isn’t google maps/streetview amazing! I had my directions COMPLETELY wrong…I pictured Pakenham and her future place of work, Ellinbank, to be to the WEST of Melbourne….actually it all seems to be to the EAST!!!! Oh well…

Day 9 UK

Managed two FD’s this month but life and mojo are on a rollercoaster at the mo and sadly I can’t do justice to this way of life.
    Sticking around if not joining in daily whilst I ride this through.

Remembering @snowflake56 and @bert1802 you have family weddings coming up so hope you both feel fantastic as do you @gretta on your fast approaching special day.

@coda – such a desperately sad situation for all, my heart goes out to you and hope a resolution can be found without much more hurt x

Strength, determination to all struggling and best wishes everybody for health and happiness.
    Ta x

Day 9, London, UK, NFD

It’s a quick post before Pilates, I’ll have to catch-up and comment this evening, on most of the posts, as I’ve just skimmed. It will be a CD today as tomorrow won’t be!!!

@songbirdme, lovely to hear that our own songbird had her own songbird, do you and your DD sing together??

@at, I’ll look forward to enjoying that poem later!!

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

Day 9 Belfast NFD

My weight is stubbornly set at 1lb above top maintenance despite having had a very controlled week. Ah well. Keep on keeping on.

@at – you are a fountain of inspirational wise words!

Will catch up on the posts later.

Onwards and downwards

Day 9, Surrey (UK), NFD, still maintaining at 151.2lbs

Yesterday was a FD but I didn’t get round to adding myself to the pocket list…sorry. Strangely I am 1lb heavier this morning, I think due to food in transit…no need to go into details!

This maintenance phase is all about experimentation for me. So I ate mostly vegan food yesterday. Vegeree (rice/ curried veg dish), pulse stew, veg soup, estimated total 800 cals. I enjoyed it but sadly OH was not too impressed! Going to keep on trying different recipes.

@kerryn73 thanks for your comments – I didn’t intend to underplay my weight loss success, just to identify those factors that might make my experience different. People are often shocked when I tell them my weight. I ask them to guess first, and they usually underestimate by 10-15lbs. Muscle weighs more and takes up less space, simply put. Rest assured, I am one proud lady, ha ha!!

@at – I loved the poem. It hits the spot.

Keep on keeping on, everyone. You know you’re worth it!

Day 9, Emden Germany, NFD

@coda my heart goes out to you and your family, what a terrible situation to be in. Take care of yourself, hugs.

@bert1802 I hope you’ll have a great weekend at the New York wedding!

@dingping how sad you’re struggling again, life can be hard at times. It’s hard to stay motivated then, but better times will come and we can go back to our preferred WOL then, at the moment life as it is takes over. xxx

@annemarilyn, @at and @dingping thanks for thinking of me! Life isn’t easy at the moment. MIL isn’t doing very well and my DH reacts with physical problems, BP way too high and the loss of the ability to hear on the right ear. He’s great at comforting others, but not in comforting himself in difficult psycological situations, it’s hard to get though to him then. Last Sunday we spent with his family and visited his mother. It was heartbreaking to see him trying to get some kind of contact with her. Tomorrow is his nieces wedding, the whole family will be staying over night at the venue to be together. We’ll have to make it a great day for the bride and groom, it’s such a special day for them. On Sunday we’ll visit my MIL on the way home. Sad times with happy moments in between, it will get better.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 9 Wales NFD

Yesterday’s FD was successful, so thats my 2 FDs done for this week. To keep distracted from food yesterday I decided to try on those vintage size 12s clothes at the back of my wardrobe with 26 inch waist, just to see how far off from fitting…..and to my shock and delight they fit!!! I didn’t quite believe it so I measured me and sure enough the tape measure confirmed 26 inches. I’m still maintaining my weight around 130 pounds so its odd that I’ve lost another inch from my waist and 2 inches from my hips whilst holding the same weight. I can only think the toning pilates exercises and daily walks are finally showing results. Happy days.

@at thanks for that terrific poem, its so right that we shouldn’t quit when things seem at the very worst…..I will hold on to that to use when tough times hit as they do for all of us at some time.

Wishing everyone good health and happiness xx

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.