November 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,403 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,404 total)

• Second post California

@at, we turn our clocks back this weekend. Don’t you think we should set our scales back too? 😁

Post 2. This Dry Winovember still take some getting used to! I’m raising a glass of ginger beer to my fellow travellers (Apologies if I missed someone!)

@missybear
    @bert1802 (life president)
    @emma-taylor

4 weeks to go!

2nd post

Hi @philtaylor – on MFP you can create your own recipes by inputting the ingredient and the weight/volume and for the app to output the (k)cal value and you can just ignore the bits you don’t want.

@annette52 – not sure what your post is trying to say?? can we help??

@califdreamer – if only……..😉

Well I have got through most of this FD – just enjoyed a bowl of home made spicy chicken and vegetable soup – very tasty and only 185cals – saving a glass of my homemade milk kefir for later if I feel I need it before bed and will still come in below 350cals for the day – I had to work at this FD but feeling good now……

Together We Are Stronger!

@annette52
    Thank you for your response!! That’s good news! I’m really hoping for some improvement in mine. Glad to hear it really can happen.

@at…..annette52 was responding to my question about psoriasis improving on IF.

@at

Your brunch of poached eggs and avocado sounds fabulous! I love avocado. I did have my eggs on toast this morning and it was delicious. I’ll have to grab some avocados for the next time!

We will be falling back tomorrow night so our evenings will get darker much quicker too. Winter is upon us.

🙂

Pocket winos: Dr. Oz (TV doctor, health conscious) just had a segment on the health benefits of wine. YES!

But they certainly caution that too much, especially of the sweet wines, can have as many calories as a piece of cake. Here’s a link to the wines he recommended and for which reasons: http://www.doctoroz.com/gallery/best-wines-your-health

OOOOOOHHHHH Flourbaby….I just saw your post! I don’t know how I could have missed that!! LOL, lucky for me it’s a NFD or as some say CD, which we both know stands for cake day.

Day 3 North Wales NFD

Still day 3,

I feel like I’m eating a lot on my NFDs… right now I’m at 2600 (which is 100 cals below my TDEE) and I am still hungry, but I don’t want to go above my TDEE. It’s only my first week, but still. Does anyone else have this problem?

Day 4 Gold Coast, Aus CD

Yesterday was really controlled….until 6pm. I was really hungry and felt really lethargic so didn’t feel like cooking dinner. Blew out on a burger and chips, don’t even want to think about the calories. Oh well! Reset today. I’m working this morning so that will be an easy distraction.

@philtaylor I use a very simple Australian app Easydietdiary. Very easy to use. Hope you can download it.

For Kerry Ann,
    I started a thread in 2013 about the 5:2 and psoriasis and there were several folk who found that it was reduced or disappeared. I did read something about sugar and skin problems and found that as my diet improved(less of the white stuff) not only did I shrink but my shin got better too. I get the very occasional flare up in my scalp but that is rare and the patches on my legs have been gone now for years.

Day 5 Brisbane, Australia NFD
    Came home from my third day of Election work and I was exhausted, so DH and I treated ourselves to Indian takeaway. Blew out my TDEE but what the heck… Today is a new day and I have no desire to eat the leftovers!

@philtaylor I like EasyDietDiary, and its free.

@daffodil CONGRATULATIONS what a fantastic effort. I am looking forward to that day when I can say I have joined the 130’s

“Avagoodweekend” as we say Down Under.

Day 3 – 🇬🇧- NFD

Fast day went well yesterday! Definitely going in the right direction.

Pocket winos will know the temptations of weekends – resisted tonight but will indulge in moderation tomorrow 🥂

Have a great weekend everyone 😊

Annette52
    I posted over in the psoriasis thread!
    Thanks!

I haven’t decided if I’ll do the challenge since it’s already the 3rd but I do have a couple questions:
    1) is non-dairy liquid creamer allowed in coffee?
    2) I’ve been on 16:8 for the past 7 weeks. I did great until week 6. I’ve lost 7 lbs but can’t get the weight loss to move again. What am I doing wrong?

Could it be the non-dairy creamer I’ve been using?

Day 3 NFD London UK

and day 3 of dry November. Hope all my fellow dry Novembers are still ok. Just been out for pizza with friends. They had red wine. I had fake beer and water. Feel ok. Pizza wasn’t the best idea but I’m cutting myself a bit of slack.
    Thanks for all the posts. Keeps me on track.

Day 5 – Japan – NFD 80.5kg (lowest weight before breaking fast)

38 hour fast and it wasn’t hard at all. All the talk about veg boxes makes me hungry for more vegetables. When I’m in China the co-worker I’ll meet there is a vegetarian, so that should be interesting. So I’ll probably end up eating more vegetables and fruits. I don’t think I could cut it long term though as I’m really not into breads very much.

@bert1802 – Sometimes fasts just don’t work out. One has to go with the flow a bit and just try again. I had one time that I just didn’t feel good, broke the fast early, eat a big meal and then just fell back into fasting and fasted for 60 hours. I don’t know what was wrong, but whatever it was the meal seemed to fix it. Actually I think that was the first time I fasted over two days without any calories. I think one of the biggest advantages of fasting is that I can now hear some of my bodies signals that used to be just lost in the noise. I’m slowly learning to listen and trust what my body is telling me. For example I often now just say I feel a little empty when fasting, because it isn’t really hunger. I couple years ago I would have thought it was hunger, but now it clearly feels different than hunger. Sorry this is really vague. Just hang in there and don’t give up the fight!

Morning All

Did not get a chance to post yesterday .
    Nov 3- FD. Yesterday was my 3rd fast day of the week and my second one for November.
    Went well I think .
    Today is NFD. And have friends visiting . Going out for dinner to celebrate my Daughter 15. Jeez , where does the time flies.

I have decided to weigh myself on Saturdays after my last fast day of the week. And am pleased to say the scales are in my favor today. I have lost about 1.9 lbs. Which hopefully will help get to my target for November if I can manage to keep going like this.

How is every one keeping ?
    Do any one think more about food on their fast days? Especially yesterday .My work was a bit less hectic yesterday and I tend to recognize that my thoughts are deviated towards food. So I feel like I am playing this game with myself. Was a bit more difficult yesterday than other days to be on track.

Hope you all have a nice and relaxed weekend.

Day 4, Newcastle UK, NFD

Your post made sense to me @dykask. A little empty feels good – as though the body is saying ‘thank you – this is the perfect state’ vs extremes of hunger or feeling stuffed.

Today is the last day of the best 5:2 week I’ve had in months. My new exercise regime has given me a real boost and in just 3 weeks I’m seeing good results in terms of toning. Going back to basic 5:2, not counting calories on NFDs (whilst being sensible) and deciding to join @StephieS in not weighing until the end of the month has lifted a lot of self-imposed pressure.

@shortstory – the monthly challenges are not a competition – simply a forum to support each other as we get through the month. So please join us, ask as many questions as you like and you’ll receive lots of advice. I’m sure you will have tips for us too. I think I am quite safe in saying that so long as you are including the calories of your coffee creamer in your allotted calorie count for the day, then it is not the cause of your plateau. In fact temporary plateaus are perfectly normal. The body needs time to adjust. Just keep going – this works.

@emma Taylor – I bet you feel euphoric this morning – well done you!

“If you keep going you won’t regret it. If you give up you will”

all,

I also see lots of you posting CD instead of Non fast days. As a newbie, what is the difference between controlled day and TDEE if they are the right terms. Sorry still getting used to abbreviations.

Perth, Western Australia
    I didn’t quite meet my October goal and I went a bit crazy as a result. Talk about well worn habits of self-sabotage.
    Days 1, 2 and 3 were all uncontrolled NFDs where I blew my TDEE. Only one week until I need to wear that dress to a wedding.
    Day 4 is definitely going to have to be the first of several FD’s this week. Hopefully.

Day 4 North Wales NFD

Day 4, Copenhagen, NFD

Blew my TDEE yet again, so going for a third fast day tomorrow.

day 4 UK NFD

My dhal was lovely, so I ate too much of it of course. Weight up a smidge. Nothing Monday’s fast won’t correct though.

I have another reason to feel pleased. My waist measurement finally dropped a bit to my goal and a waist to height ratio of 0.4. It had been stuck at 28 inches for a couple of months but was 27.5 this morning :)) Assuming Monday’s fast sorts my weight again that will be all goals met :))

Day 3 & day 4, both NFD, New Zealand. All good here. Already starting to feel less sugar-crazed and more conscious of what i eat on NFDs.

Day 4, UK, FD

As I started m6 dry spell in October, I have now completed my first week this time round. And am awarding myself a virtual gold star.

NFD yesterday went well. Didn’t break my fast until 18:00. Also managed to get in walks with the dogs yesterday, so burnt extra calories. Pleased to see that I am down 0.2kg this morning to 82.4kg. This WILL be be month I get into the 70s!

Day 4, NFD, Germany
    Hey everyone! After lots of lovely Sushi and quite too much alcohol last night I was actually much relieved to have decided not to weigh in until the end of the month ;-). Yet I was still satisfied with my NFD. I could withstand all the sweets that were served after dinner and also did not start to binge when I came home at night (that is sometimes a problem after too much alcohol…)
    So today I ‘ll go for another nice NFD and I will stick to my bottom lines!
    Have a great weekend everyone!

Second post,
    Just jumped on the scales this morning and was pleased to see that I’m the same weight I was yesterday, just after my second fast day of the week! 🙂

Day 4 UK NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well, even though I had loads of work and ended up going to bed at 2am. Had a nice ready meal (300 cals) for lunch. Rice crackers are now my best friends for lonely and long evenings (along with lots of herbal tea).

Looking forward to my wholemeal toast with avocado, chicken and lemon for breakfast. Oooh and a big mug of coffee.

Thinking of whether or not I should weigh myself today or leave it for next week. Hummm.

Day 3, South Wales, NFD
    Day 4, South Wales, NFD (16:8)

Out to lunch with my mother yesterday and then cake for tea. Far too many carbs! Controlled weekend on the horizon to make up for it….

Day 4, London, UK, FD

@at, you were just what I needed last night after a couple of glasses of vino, I read your post about that shoulder devil encouraging evening snacking…………………….. I tamed him with ease!!!!!!

@basyjames, I’m feeling cheated, duped, conned, swindled & hoodwinked!!!!!! Why make a bagel when the recommended serving size is ½ a bagel…………………………… no wonder I’m overweight!!!!!! Who eats ½ a bagel?? Just make them ½ the size and my brain would be fooled …….. seriously my brain’s not that clever, but it HATES leaving anything behind!!!!

@abfab5, If I could easily eat at or below TDEE I wouldn’t need 5:2!!!! The brain re-training is continuous, portion control, recommended serving sizes, nutritional calories vs junk calories……………… I’m still learning, but after a little practice you’ll find TDEE is really all you need, the rest is just habit!!! I aim to eat to my goal weight TDEE on NFDs just so that when I get there I’m already prepared.

@aprilsunshine, sometimes, on a NFD the choices made aren’t exactly healthy and you might find yourself well over TDEE. Making healthy, mindful choices and staying within TDEE is what we call a Controlled Day (CD), at the beginning of my journey a NFD was an excuse to eat anything & everything in sight, now, although I still have ‘those’ days, more often than not, they’re CDs.

I hope we’re all staying mindful this weekend, whether fasting or not. Stay strong everyone!!!!!

Day 4 UK. NFD

Such a busy thread this month with support and advice running through. I’ve given myself a few weeks off doing 5:2. However I find I’m still thinking about it and how healthy my meals are. In my former life I would have just given up and got right stuck in on chocolate and @flourbaby, the demon that is cake. Lots of it. The other day we finished the cake I bought last weekend and I felt horrible after it and the next day, bloated and sick.

We’re down in Wales this weekend, my OH packed as I was in work. I was unpacking the food he’d brought which included a bag of peanuts, a 6 pack of crisps, 8 club biscuits and the bag of mini mars bars from Halloween. We’re only here for 2 nights! I laughed but it made me think, was that normal for us a few months ago. Fortunately I’d bought everything we needed for dinner, so I’ve put the snacks in the bread bin, out of sight……

There’s an article in today’s Daily Mail re Dr M and another version of this WOL, I’m rubbish at links but it’s worth a look.

Have a great weekend everyone. Keep safe tomorrow if you’re having fireworks.

Apologies for not posting,dad is back in hospital again and it’s very serious he has a bowel blockage and doesn’t want to eat. Has told me he wants to join mum and go, but his body isn’t ready. He is 96 and mentally as sharp as ever, it’s his poor body. He has myoleukemia and ‘prostrate’ cancer sic. He will need 24 hour care now and this means cost which is going to be hard for me to find my share.

My eating has gone to pot no matter how hard I try and my concentration is lost.

Regards

Mari

Day 4 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Fairly good day yesterday. Hopefully today will be as well. There are church fall bazaars and gift shop open houses today that I plan to attend in our area. They always serve snacks (usually cookies and candies) that will be hard to resist! I’ll do my best. The one bazaar has a soup luncheon, though, so hopefully that will be healthier.

@rainbowsmile – it’s so hard to watch our beloved parents go through health issues. Hugs and prayers to you.
    @saffy420 – enjoy your time in Wales despite the “goodies” your OH has packed! Maybe he figured you would see bands of children to dispose of the Halloween leftovers? Ha ha!

Onward and downward.

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I think the cardio stress test went well yesterday, I was able to finish all levels anyway, no chest pain, although I got puffed quite early on which surprised me as I am a daily walker and don’t have a sedentary job. The nurse was quite non-committal about how I did, just said I did well, but will have to wait for the consultant’s report to go back to my GP. That’s not until 27th Nov 🙄

Treated myself to a spaghetti carbonara and bruschetta for dinner last night, washed down by red wine. Fell asleep in front of the fire after dinner…..not a good look, poor DH said he gave up trying to wake me 😆🍷

It’s going to be another day for little treats, popcorn, wine….but back on track from tomorrow ……until Thursday when we fly out to Valancia in Spain for a long Moto GP finale weekend. 🏁💃🍷

@sbc another Paddy! What’s the craic? It’s a great international community here.

Thank you to everybody who cheered me on getting into the 130’s, too many of you to name check, but seriously, I love this forum for the huge support you all give. 🤗

@rainbowsmile my thoughts and prayers with you

Day 4…..Florida…..FD

Another face plant on my FD. I’m so feeling it this morning! Ugg! I have no idea, what is wrong with me! I’ve surely got to get my head in the game here!

@penz…… your so close to me, I could reach out and touch you! Maybe the floppy FD, are caused by something in the water….. lol

I seriously need to do something. I slept like crap last night too! I’m blaming it on the food but I’m think it could have been because I was too hot. Since it was cold out, we turned the a/c off, now I’m thinking it may have to back on! Geesh, I was looking forward to a lower electric bill…..

@anna6….. My OH goes to mass everyday, even if we’re away, he always finds a place. I normally only go on the holidays and first fridays. We are a family who practices are faith in every aspect of our lives including family prayer twice daily. However, in terms of communion and worship my OH and I see it a bit differently. He’s feels mass and communion should be done daily, if one practices properly. I feel that the good lord needs to see though our daily actions, we have resolve in him through it all. Ahhh…. that darn free will I tell ya!
    In the end, we have just agreed to be different on this, as long as we make it home to him, how we got there won’t even matter!

@metatauta…..I will always be a NY girl. Regardless, of where these awful things take place it affects my heart deeply. I hate it that the evil of world, is trying to wipe out our good, kind souls.
    Not changing the subject but I do miss me some good ole NY food. A client and I just other day were talking about good NY pizza. We too have things sent from home, if you come for a visit, we give you a shopping list and when we go home we always bring a cooler home. When my OH goes home, he always bring me a beef on wick, by the time he’s home I just pop in the oven and I’m enjoying treats from home.

@abfab5….. I think your body may still be adjusting to this WOL, it’s okay to hear your belly talking. But, have you maybe considered it’s not hungry but thirsty? Our belly gives the same signals for hunger and thirst, we all just assume it hunger.

@shortstory….. creamer is fine….. I use it daily. I’m a coffe lover…. so I can tell you I drink it this way all the time. Right now, your body is taking a deep breath and adjusting. Everything you are doing is correct, but you got to give your body some time to adjust. It could take a week, a month or even two, but give it its time. When I hit this road, it’s important not to stop what your doing, don’t even adjust, stay the course. If you feel the urge to adjust what your doing only do it in the water department….. drink more!

@dykask…. thank you for your kind words…. I’m a fighter, so the words never give in are always at the forefront. That’s why I always start out as a FD, regardless, one day it will actually turn out to be an FD. I’m still rocking a 16:8 daily, so that’s something!

Well, my post turn into a book, sorry about that!

I’m off…… finishing washing down the walls in my humble abode today!

I do not have ducks 🦆
    I do not have rows! I have 🐒 monkeys and they’re running the circus 🎟

Day 4, NFD, Canada

Woke up to snow on the ground! Way too early for the white stuff,which we rarely see in Vancouver. But is inspiring me to take down my Hallowe’en decorations and think about Christmas . . . I know way too early, but Costco has had the Xmas stuff out since August,geesh.

@mari I feel for you, so hard with aging ill parents. Sending a virtual hug your way.

@miracle, had a lot at the miracle morning material, love it! Thanks for sharing.

I am off to a mead tasting this afternoon,followed by a pub lunch with some old friends. Should be fun, but will be mindful of my food choices and will make this a OMAD to lessen the damage.

Pocket winos, would mead be crossed off your list to imbibe as well? Not trying to to find a loophole for you or tempt anyone,lol.

Day 4 Wales NFD

Found myself drinking Diet Coke last night, not my usual tipple and oddly was then fighting the urge to eat ice cream! Resisted, only to give in to a handful of Brazil nuts which left me feeling annoyed at myself because the whole idea of giving up the wine was to bank some calories in advance of December’s 2 week winter sunshine holiday, followed by dad’s birthday celebration, followed by Christmas and new year. So tonight I will steer clear of diet soda as the sweet taste could be triggering a desire for forbidden foods I haven’t craved up till now.

Day 4 – USA – FD

Blew it yesterday as a FD, so will try again today…@Rainbowsmile, hugs to you!!

Day 4, Brussels, FD

@annette52, @kerryann your posts about Psoriasis are really interesting, my daughter (9) has it. I won’t be putting her on the 5:2 diet lol but I will certainly try to reduce sugars and the “white stuff” !

@aprilsunshine, I find that thàt keeping busy definitely helps!

@tsubaki, I’m sure the dress for the wedding will fit! Have you tried it lately?

@flourbaby, I can so much relate to your comment about not needing 5:2 if I could stick to my TDEE lol!!

@saffy420, I see your OH really had healthy food in mind when packing the food lol!! Hàve a little a lovely weekend

@rainbowsmile, so sorry that you’re going through this, so hard, I wouldn’t worry about food, that’s for another time, take care

@miracle, I do the morning miracle although not as early as I should, but it certainly has changed our lives! I should read it again to get back on track 🙂

Today ended up being a FD (3rd of the week), as yesterday I went over my TDEE -Although I didn’t completely kill it for once lol-. Also tomorrow we have a family meal and it’s Raclette, there is no way I’m not going to over indulge, cheese is my downfall!!

So it’s 4h30 pm and I’ve had 250 cal so far. Think I’ll have a hard boiled egg later with a salad 😁

Hope the rest of your day goes well for all !

Day 4 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Yikes, I just got on the scales after being away for a few days and they are up. I thought I was being good but probably too much 🍷 and 🍰, or could be water retention from all the salt my friend uses in her cooking.

I’m leaving again today to go to Bend for a photography workshop. I’m nervous as there is snow falling at the pass I travel over. I will try to do more of my own cooking rather than eating out, should help with the scales.

@rainbowsmile – So sorry to hear about your dad. It’s so hard to have them fail. Big hug to you (((((HUG)))))

Day 4 Sarasota, Florida FD I need a FD but this one is happening kind of by accident. My husband planned a supper of Monkfish, zucchini, and mixed greens. That’s a grand total of 136 calories. Even so, I’m not eating mid-day to get the fasting effect. Hi to all veterans and newcomers!

Day 5 NZ NFD

Not doing so well so far this month. Time to RESET and commit to my goal/s.

Day 4- Colorado USA- NFD

On the wagon with the Dry Till Fri crew… Managed last night to take a pass on my red 🍷 even though I’ve got a green-lightf for it on the weekends. I wanted to stay within TDEE, so had my dinner with fizzy water 💦 instead.
    BUT tonight will be a different story! We’ll go out for Date Night & I plan to have 1 or 2 adult beverages! Cheers!!

Working all weekend on converting my office/ craft/ sewing room back into a full-on bedroom for my Mom’s upcoming visit. Making fantastic progress!! All new bedding, comforter, linens & pillows. Added a comfy new club chair & side table so she’ll have a sitting area to relax & read too.

Looking forward to my mom’s visit. Only concern is having someone around 24-7 watching what I do or don’t eat. She won’t understand or approve of intermittent fasting, so I’ll have to get good at saying, “No thanks. I’m just not hungry right now.” Or “I’m so full. Couldn’t eat another bite.” And make it sound really convincing! 😃

Day 4 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Had an excellent FD yesterday (377cals in total) slept really well – Weight this morning 53.7kg 💃happily staying below maintenance weight – Eventually broke my fast with a light brunch out with OH before doing some shopping.

Enjoyed the Rugby (both League and Union) and Cricket (great T20 between NZ and India!) this afternoon – weather a bit miserable here so a good way to spend the afternoon – drinking plenty of hot water with lemon and cups of tea trying very hard not to snack…….for some reason it has been very hard today and I had to exercise that “willpower muscle” a lot trying to keep this little fellow 😈 at bay 😉

So I have logged on now to read the posts and comment to help me stay focused until dinner as I desperately want to have a CD and stay below TDEE – I have a lovely meal planned of spicy marinated lamb leg steak with salad of oven roasted vegetables and a couple of glasses of very nice Rioja 🍷🍷with a small serve 50g of Manchego cheese (no bread/biscuits!) to go with that 2nd glass – if I stick to the plan I will come in below TDEE 😇

@strawberriesandcream – I thought I would share in view of your comment I’ll work hard to save the 2nd half of that bottle of Rioja for tomorrow night hopefully 😉
    @bigviking @missybear @emma-taylor – I’m in awe of you guys going for a Dry Winovember – I’ll keep hanging with my pocket winos and only drinking on 4 nights or less each week
    @kerry Ann – Thanks for clarifying that – sourdough toast and a sprinkling of feta cheese makes that brunch dish perfect!!! Try it sometime!
    @songbirdme – thanks for the link – It is amazing how variable the calories are in different wines, the higher alcohol content the higher the calories 😈 even in non desert wines!!!!!!! Pocket Winos beware
    @abfab5 – 2600cals sounds a lot – is that the TDEE for your current weight or for your target weight?? switch or cut down on bread/pasta/rice/potatoes for more vegetables and you will be amazed how full they make you feel and they are good for you and have much less calories too…..Try drinking a glass of water whenever you think you are hungry, wait and see how you feel in 1/2hr.
    @shortstory – creamer is fine if you count in as part of your total intake – join us as this is a very supportive and understanding group of folks, all at different stages of their travels in this WOL. You might find this link by @simcoeluv helpful and it might answer a lot of your questions:– https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
    @aprilsunshine – I’m usually fine on my FD but on my NFD that is another story – I have to distract myself on some days more than others not to snack……CD is a controlled day as you aim to stay below your TDEE – NFD is eating to your TDEE or just above hopefully….
    @tsubaki – no guilt just press your RESET button tomorrow and onwards you go 🤗
    @flourbaby – you are most welcomed – glad my post came at the right time x
    @saffy420 – saw the article too – he was talking about his healthy gut diet which aims to improve the diversity of the gut bacteria – Here is the link : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5048863/How-drop-dress-size-Christmas.html#ixzz4xUCfbhH0
    @rainbowsmile – Mari lots of cyber ((((HUGS)))) coming your way – I went through a similar situation with my darling mum 3 years ago when she was 97 – all you can do is be there for him and cherish all the great memories ❤️

For those new to this WOL I thought I would share what I have come to realise during my time following this WOL – that is the 5:2 WOL is a permanent one for me if I wish to maintain the weight loss and the health benefits I have achieved and still be able to enjoy treats that I love such as 🍷🍰🥂 just not every day or in the same quantities that I used to eat/drink before. I have made this my personal motto “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now” it might help some of you to stay focused too.

To those who are struggling – Be strong and fabulous – Never give up – Everyone has bad days – Pick yourself up and keep going – Firmly press that RESET button and remember that “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose”

@rainbowsmile I am wishing you strength and trust to go through this hard time!!

Day 4 NFD AK USA

Yesterday being a NFD I didn’t pay any attention to TDEE or anything like that. I drank one glass of wine too many 😉 and had a little chocolate cake after dinner out with friends. I still feel like I did okay, the majority of the day nutrition was good. Carbs were probably too high. Now that I know the fast days are easy and I have energy for all my normal activities etc. I think I’ll pick just two days a week for CD. If I do 2 FD, 2 CD, and 3 UCNFD (uncontrolled non fast days) I should do very well with the weight loss aspects!

@rainbowsmile…..I’m so sorry you have to go through this with your father but what a blessing for you both that you can be there for him and that you have time to spend with him before he’s gone.

@at…..I will be trying the sourdough/feta combination for sure! That sounds delicious. I would not have that of that combination on my own. Thank you!

@StephieS….so sorry to hear your daughter has psoriasis. It really is a frustrating thing to have to deal with and try to control. It’s just such a mystery.

All of you who do an extra FD to offset a blown TDEE the day before are inspiring me! I’m actually looking forward to my next FD and thinking of adding a third to my week!

I wish I could comment on everyone’s posts, face plants…trips to Spain….dry November…I read them all!

I love my wine as much as the next person but I have to admit that I’m getting tired of how it makes me tired. On the evenings that I don’t indulge I have energy all evening long, right up til bedtime. I think more clearly and I wake up less puffy….and I only drink one glass most evenings. Sometimes a glass and a half.

Maybe the FDs will make it easier to give it up on more days of the week until I”m down to none!

Well, I’m obviously just rambling now (insert eye roll here)

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Day 4 California NFD

Weight is 60.1 today, up only 100 grams from yesterday’s after fast weight. Gotta hit those 50’s!

Have a great day, everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.