November 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,403 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,404 total)

• Day 4, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Rainbow smile prayers for you at this difficult time.

Bert1802 I attend mass everyday and receive holy communion everyday too. When I’m abroad I try to go as often as I can too. However my husband and my children only go to mass every Saturday night or on Sunday. My husband and I pray the rosary everyday and rarely miss it even when we’re abroad we recite it. My husband says he’ll go to mass during weekdays when he retires but I don’t know when that will be as he’s 62 years and my eldest daughter is an architect too and for the last year she’s started to work with him and though he might have less work he hasn’t fixed a date when he’ll retire yet. As long as your final journey will be to Jesus that’s all that matters. I agree with you that how you live your life and do good deeds matter but I agree with your husband too to attend mass as often as possible because mass is the biggest prayer.

Today I went truly above my tdee. I made an Apply Brown Betty dessert and ate some with a scoop of ice cream. Yummm then this evening
    I ate three fourths of a pizza. I also had a large yogurt for lunch and a cereal cake for breakfast.

I’ll just have to be more careful tomorrow but I already ordered Chinese food for tomorrow lunch and do my usual three fast days from Monday to Wednesday.

Good night everyone. Have a great weekend

Day 4 Akron Ohio NFD. Saturday’s are my treat day, my one day a week alcohol day. So I’m looking forward to it.
    @flourbaby I laughed so hard at your reaction to bagel serving sizes. First time I realised that I was just as shocked as you because seriously who buys a bagel to only eat half of it, so funny.
    Stay strong my friends

Day 4 NFD Oregon USA

Success on the first NFD after FD. Well mostly. I stuck to my TDEE but I ate a lot of crap.
    Started off strong in the morning with a green smoothie but the evening was beer and chips. Oh and some left over Halloween candy. Didn’t go overboard but certainly wasn’t healthy.

Today doing better and made a pot of cabbage soup for Monday’s FD.

@awilson we are neighbors! I am in Tigard.

@at Love your posts… As first I imagine the UK countryside but also your perspective and example of walking the talk!

I know I need life change and I feel like this is a WOL I can manage.

Thank you to all for your wisdom and encouragement.

Not stepping on the scale until next Friday. Which will be after three FD’s. Fingers crossed that there is a downstroke. 😊

Happy Saturday.
    MJ

Feel I lost it about this week. Only fasted one day and it was birthday cake & firework night food & a week like that!!!

Going to try & eat under TDEE Sunday & fast Monday & Tuesday to get back on track xxx

Day 3 & 4, Germany, NFD.

Day 4 – SW WA USA – NFD

I keep meaning to post but the phone rings or something. This Saturday is disappearing. I took care of the tough stuff on my plate first & then started some of the fun stuff like making my first Cloud Bread. It looks like the picture & is cooling now.

It’s great to see all the lovely interaction among longer timers and newcomers. This is a wonderful forum from across the world and across ages.

Better go do some grocery shopping before the day is done. I don’t want to be missing the next original Hallmark Christmas movie tonight 🙂

Have a great weekend all! Remember that together we are stronger!

2nd post

Eugh. Binged on 8 fun size halloween chocolates and had lots of bread today, after a great FD yesterday. Trying not to dwell on it too much.

Day 4 NFD London UK

Just been to the fireworks in Battersea Park, then home. Lots of people standing outside drinking beer and wine. Just said to myself “ I could have that but I’ll wait till December”…. made no difference. I still really wanted some red wine. Now in bed with a cup of tea. It’ll get easier… I hope.
    Best wishes to everybody round the world. Have a lovely Sunday.

Day 5, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Weight is up from yesterday after the pizza I ate yesterday evening.

I’m waiting for 10.30 am to come local time to go to mass with two of my daughters and their children.

Today it will be Chinese food for lunch. Tomorrow is the first of three fast days for this week.

Have a great and blessed Sunday everyone. Onwards and downwards together we’re stronger.

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – CD

Yesterday morning I got busy doing chores, shopping for winter plants, organising some photo gifts etc, did not even think of food, so fasted for at least 14 hours on my NFD. Funny how I never consider breakfast when I am on my own anymore.

However the afternoon/evening degenerated into stuffing my face with two bags of popcorn, white and red wine, cheese, garlic bread. I am up 4lbs this morning.
    It’s water weight, I plan to dispatch some of that by tomorrow 👍

It’s hopefully going to be a controlled day. Apple for lunch, roast chicken and Brussels sprouts for dinner. The only thing that might get in the way of good plans is the potential arrival of my stepdaughter and granddaughter this afternoon. Love to see them, love to have them visit …….but she usually arrives laden down with gorgeous creamy muffins 😆

Day 5, UK, NFD

Back down to 81.5kg. The gains from the holiday slowly disappearing.

Well done @emma-taylor! I guzzled another 2 liter bottle of ginger beer last night. Not quite the same as a couple of nice pints and a bucket of red. But it helps on the scales 😀

Hi, just finished my first week on 5:2 and lost 600 gr. The plan was to do 2 FD on 500 cal. The second day turned out to be 698 cal, as a co-worker brought cookies because of our project finishing last Thursday. And my nickname is n’t Koekie for nothing, it is Dutch for Cookie! I enjoyed the cookie very much and stuck to my rules the rest of the day. That in itself is something to celebrate. In the past I would have thought: this day is blown, I might as well throw all rules out of the window for today! Reading how everybody struggles and still loses weight, I didn’t. So, everybody out there, thank you so much for the fact that you are posting!
    I still owe you to introduce myself. I Dutch and live in the Netherlands, am 57, no kids, 1 husband, 2 cats. I have a very demanding job, which sometimes gets in the way of eating sensibly. Love doing my weekly Pilates, but could be a bit more active. But often I am too tired when I finally get home. I need to lose about 20 kg, but for november would be very happy with 10% of that: 2 kg. Does sound good, doesn’t it, 10%? Lots more than merely 2 kg! Go for it, everybody, this week! Just do it!

Day 5 UK NFD

I had another cheese accident yesterday. I must not buy more especially as my fingers are really painful today. The cold hasn’t helped either of course, but there is definitely more swelling than there was a couple of weeks ago. I tried that Kefir this week too. Clearly not my best idea. I need to make myself go back outside and work. My fingers have finally thawed from rolling up all the hutch covers. There was ice on them:( But sitting down to thaw them out was probably a mistake…

Day 5 Wales NFD

@koekie – welcome and well done on your good first week, I find FDs get easier the more you do.

@bigviking and @emmataylor – Saturday night with sparkling water was OK(ish)…..first weekend of dry November nearly done……..only 25 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a happy Sunday everyone x

Day 5, London, UK, NFD – CD

So yesterday’s FD went a little off the rails ………… well a lot!!! There was alcohol and there were biscuits. I released the dragon far too early, and then forgot to drown him when he started begging me to feed him wine and any refined carb I could find in the kitchen!!!!……… I’m sticking to my plan so a NFD today, but controlled, reset starts tomorrow.

@bigviking, @missybear & @emma-taylor; I’m in for Dry November (excluding 25th November)!!!! I did this last month where I said ‘no way, no how, am I doing ANOTHER dry month, are you people crazy???’ ……….. but after the 1st weekend and the resulting headache bloating and self-flagellation ……………. I committed!!! Today, after another wine fuelled Friday & unplanned Saturday, my head is currently banging a drum to some unknown tune from the ‘80s I can’t quite remember, my rings are tight on my sausage fingers (Mmmhhh sausages!!) and my face can only be described as puffer-fish-esque!!!!! Self-sabotage at it’s finest – I rewarded myself for the 4lb loss……… stupid!!!!! I think Dry ‘til Fri for me is a bit like saying, have one slice of that stuff I’m not allowed to mention, made from eggs, sugar, butter & flour!!!! I can do ALOT of damage from Friday to Sunday!!!! Funny how I can stay dry for a mini group challenge, but remaining controlled just for me, is proving almost impossible!!!

I’m with you @georgia83 & @daffodil2010, no need to dwell on that bump in the road made from chocolate, wine, cheese, bread and popcorn – I think a few of us went for the ‘nutritionally challenged’ menu, time to reset, reset, reset!!!

Additional aim for November – make a plan and stick to it………..……simples!!!!

Keep the faith people, this is far easier than anything we’ve tried and (sorry @coda) ‘failed’ at before!!!!

@fatrabbit
    Sorry, but having a cheese accident sounds really funny. Was it Gouda cheese? The roundabouts near Gouda are tricky, I can tell because I live not too far away. But I guess what you are telling is that you are reacting to something in cheese and I ‘m sorry to hear that. So, I wish you succes on negotiating any roundabouts around cheese.

Thank you all for your lovely thoughts, I am staying with my beloved sister and she took me out dancing last night as I said I preferred not to go out for a meal.

It was jive and only for a couple of hours but better than going out for a meal.

I see my aged pa in hospital today he has lost so much weight and I am so worried. I think part of the problem is he can’t read because he lost his glasses so no distractions. He has lost so much weight and yesterday he told me that he was trying to starve himself to death as he feels so unwell but the hospital food is not so bad as it is disgusting! Broke my heart although I am glad he told me as we can ask for help for his depression. I bought him some protein biscuits with whey and less sugar. He says he doesn’t deserve them.

I seem to have two reactions to stress neither of which are good, binge eating on junk or feeling so full that I can’t eat. At one time I could fast easily but now it’s hard again. I want to sleep as I feel tired but my body doesn’t let Me!

Hey ho……

Mari

Day 5 London UK NFD
    @bigviking, @missy bear and @flourbaby. Not long to go. It’s taking a while to sleep properly but think it’s partly cos it’s gone cold so I take a hottie ( hot water bottle, not a man…) to bed and get too warm!
    Drinking fake beer because it’s not sweet and I like the bitter taste, but it gives me big headaches in the morning. No idea why, but I’ll put up with it to avoid the dreaded red wine. Off to Italy on Tuesday. Please don’t let the Campari Spritz get me….

Day 5,Germany, NFD
    Hey everyone! Yesterday was a good day. I cooked a very delicious Thai curry for dinner and had just one normal size plate of it. Later in the evening a glass of red wine.
    I feel very good with not weighing myself until the end of the month and I think I’ll stick with that (thank you again @StephieS for inspiring me!) – even though I’m afraid that I won’t lose weight. I am also aware that my weight already is just fine, it’s more my head and my ego that would love to lose those last 2 kg to have back my weight from before my pregnanies.
    @koekie very well done to stop after 1 or 2 cookies instead of blowing the day! I know exactly what you mean to think that now it doesn’t matter anyhow. RESPEKT! I myself find that sooooo hard!
    Tomorrow is a FD again and I am actually looking forward to it!
    Together we can do it!
    Have a good day everyone!

Day 5 – Woking, UK – NFD (may end up as a CD)
    239.6lbs
    All NFDs so far this month but sticking at around the same weight. Work is crazy busy and I’m working at home in the evenings and some of the weekend to try and keep my head above water. It should calm down a bit after this week.
    Apologies for the lack of posts. I haven’t actually read any of the November thread yet either.
    So despite being very sporadic I’m still here and hanging on by my fingernails to the weight loss I’ve managed so far.

2nd post

@flourbaby – glad you’re with our little band for dry November.

@emma Taylor – funny about the fake beer headache, I woke yesterday morning with a headache after drinking Diet Coke on Friday. Maybe the chemicals in it? I’m going to stick with bubbly water for the month.

Stay strong my sober friends x

Day 5, Newcastle UK, NFD

Yesterday was probably over TDEE but a lot better than my usual Saturdays. I’ve successfully switched pints for halfs of beer and just didn’t fancy my usual salted nuts. I did drink red wine last night – but it was an effort. Like you @kerry Ann – I’m finally noticing just how much alcohol does sap one’s energy. It was bed at 9pm last night – didn’t even finish watching X-Factor (which is pretty good this year I think).
    Welcome @koekie – we are the same age and I don’t have kids either. Have a loving OH and a very hairy and very big Golden Retriever. I used to have a very demanding job but don’t have that excuse nowadays. However, working at this WOL is slowly but steadily changing my attitude to food. I made a sausage sandwich for OH this morning and whilst I could have joined in, I have no appetite for breakfast any longer and simply couldn’t face eating anything.
    Thanks for mentioning Miracle Morning @miracle Lou – I shall explore this.
    @missybear – studies have shown that the brain cannot distinguish between sugar and sweeteners – therefore it causes the same insulin activity. So you’re right in saying that it can cause temptations for the wrong sort of food. However, Brazil nuts in limited quantities are most definitely a good food and a very good source of selenium which is in short supply nowadays.
    @flourbaby – once again those clever marketing people got us! They need to be seen to be giving healthy eating messages – ie. half a bagel is one serving. However, they definitely want us to eat the whole thing – otherwise, as you say, why is one serving not half the size but fully bagel shaped?!
    @at – thanks for the link to Dr. M’s latest article. Enjoy the remainder of your Rioja tonight 🙂
    I just can’t understand it. Having said ‘no more cheese’ a portion of Stilton has appeared in the fridge. Ahhh – @fatrabbit – what are we like?!!!
    @califdreamer – so close………………woo hooooooo
    Your tests sound positive @daffodil2010 – great news.
    @rainbowsmile – unless the rules have been changed very recently, your Dad is entitled to 6 weeks free care when he comes out of hospital. There are various allowances that can be applied for too – carer’s allowance, attendance allowance etc. I know looking into this sort of thing can be very stressful on top of the worry and sadness you are already experiencing so maybe you have a close friend or relative that can help. All the best – you know there is an abundance of love and support for you here.

OK. Going to embark on a mammoth day of housework in preparation for a friend arriving for next weekend and then a quick turnaround before the second arrives for a few days mid week. Got visitors this afternoon too.

As @flourbaby says – “Keep the faith people”. This really does work and is sustainable.

2nd post

Welcome back to the fold @flourbaby! Anyone else want to join the Dry Winovember bandwagon?

Day 5, Copenhagen.. not sure If FD or NFD yet.

Second post

@koekie I meant more that the cheese ‘accidentally’ found its way first into the fridge and then into my mouth. I have no problem not buying cake and I might even manage not to eat it if it was in front of me, but cheese is my downfall, it calls to me so sweetly…and once I start I can’t seem to stop until it is gone:(

Day 5 – Colorado USA- FD ?

Never tried a Fast Day on the weekend (except for extended 6 or 7 day fasts that extended over the entire week.). Usually Saturday & Sunday are my days to relax a bit on food rules. But today I’m feeling like a reset day.

Yesterday, OH and I went out to Waffle House for breakfast to fuel up for running errands all morning. Then out for Chinese on Date Night. I skipped lunch altogether.
    Even though we boxed up a lot of leftovers, I still feel like I ate A LOT yesterday….still quite comfortably full. No hunger. Just sipping hot coffee, snugged up with my cat & dog while reading this forum’s adventures. Nice start to the day!

I’ll pick up my Mom from the airport Wednesday noon. She’ll be ready for lunch together. So it’s looking like:
    Sunday = FD.
    Monday = OMAD, just a dinner with OH.
    Tuesday = FD.
    Then the rest of her visit, will have to be really careful CD.

I don’t want to waste any time of her visit arguing with an overly concerned loving mother about, “You’re starving yourself. You MUST EAT!” Maybe we can spend some time discussing intermittent fasting & all the healthy benefits of it. A little science. Win Mom over to our side a bit. We’ll see….

Day 5 London FD
    Day 4 NFD

Day 5……Florida…..CD

Thank goodness, it wasn’t only me @ AnneMarilyn, I thought yesterday flew by like the Flash. I didn’t get as much done as I wanted too! I did a half assed cleaning of my house, I did manage to get all of the laundry done and put away. I went and bought some nice salads and met by bestie on her lunch break, I thought I’d left the house in plenty of time to get my errands done but that did plan out as I had hoped.

I got stuck in bath and body, what an awful experience. It was at one time such a lovely store but yesterday….. OH my! That recently renovated and now the stores overly stuffed with product not much room to move, they are having a nice sale so there we quite a few people in there. then worst thing of all, they had Christmas music playing so loudly, I couldn’t hear when the girl told me my total.
    It’s shame for them because I was planning on spending some money but only bought one candle….. My anxiety was through the roof!
    Now, I got to think of a different route for Christmas presents!
    I’m not sure, if I could walk in there again anytime soon.
    I love me some Christmas, but it seems as if they try and start it earlier and earlier every year. Seems like it takes the magic of the season away!

Nothing special planned for today. Out to finish the rest of my errands, make nice dinner then to bed to start my long week!

I do not have ducks 🦆
    I do not have rows
    I have monkeys 🐒 and they’re running the circus!

@fatrabbit. Aha! My mum had reumatism for a while. It got worse when she was eating cheese and citrusfruit, she thought. You said something about your fingers and I added 1 and 1 and game up with 3 as an answer. But you are right, there is some very sneaky food out there, that keeps finding it’ s way into your house. I personally think there must a garden gnome or something that keeps bringing in Hobnobs. But we can beat those gnomes!

Day 5 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Doing fine, only had 2 of the Halloween leftover chocolate snack-size candies yesterday. Ate quite well with soup luncheon at a church bazaar. Probably had more sweets than I need but stayed right at TDEE. I know how it is to fill up the day’s allotment with empty calories.

Church this morning — will try to catch up on posts later on.

Onward and downward.

2 der post
    Feel like I wanna eat right now! It’s still 3 hours until dinner and I will stick to my bottom lines!!! 3 meals a day, nothing in between!!! Thank you for sharing!

Day 5 – USA – NFD

Good makeup FD yesterday instead of Friday’s disaster, 357 cals. Was a bit harder probably because I gave up my resolve on Friday…anyway, funny mysterious things our bodies do to us daily…I am a weekly weigher, but for haha’s I decided to weigh after the first failed FD…was 165.6! Fasted yesterday and weighed today, usually it’s the lowest weight of the week, nope. 166.4 stark nekked after a visit to the bathroom first thing in the morning! 8/10ths of a pound from what? I’m not getting hung up on it; I’m sure by next week’s end, I’ll have a whoosh.

Day 5 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Made it to Bend with no problems, the road over the pass was dry!! Snow on the ground this morning so I got here just in time ❄️❄️

Very proud of the Dry Winovember’s, I know how hard this is, good going @bigviking @missybear @emma-taylor @flourbaby. @bigviking you surely deserve a gold star!! 🌟

@mjrbcd44 – You are just a jaunt down the road. What a small world!! If you want to coordinate a FD for moral support I’m willing if possible.

Day 5 North Wales NFD

Day 5, Belgium, NFD

So today has been the disaster I knew it would be, I mean melted cheese on jacket potatoes followed by the chocolate càke lol thank goodness I had planned for it 😉

For those doing the dry November, good luck!! I stopped drinking 4 years ago and I found it much easier than trying to go for periods without! It’s a little like food, you know you’re eventually going to have so you project towards that moment I think…

Tomorrow FD, my first at the office, the weather here is turning cold which means I’ll be wanting stodgy hot food! Not good! I’m going to look at soups to bring to the office

3rd post
    Roast dinner at the pub. No drink. And from the pudding menu I chose… Nothing 😀

Day 5 California NFD

Down to 59.7 this morning. (131.6) The scale is finally moving again. I didn’t count calories, but was mindful. I only had 2 smallish pieces of pizza last night with cut melon and pineapple chunks for dessert. No wine. I’m feeling motivated this morning.

@bigviking, great choices on eating last night, especially the no pudding! 😇

@bert1802, my yesterday flew my too. I did get some food shopping done and most of the (indoor) Halloween decorations put away. But didn’t get to a lot of things that need to be done. You should email Bath and Body and tell them what you told us. They probably spend a fortune on advertising and if their stores renovation and loud music put you off enough to make you shop elsewhere, I’m sure they would want to know. I experienced a similar thing at Papa Murphy’s last night when going to pick up pizza. The renovated in mostly white and pale gray colors, from wood, burgundy and gold. It looks stark and generic, not warm and inviting. It didn’t affect what I purchased but did affect my perception of the place. I plan to email them. We should all do this. Silent no more!

Day 5, FD, UK
    So pleased with myself being able to commit to a FD on a Sunday!

Spa day tomorrow so will have a healthy day tomorrow as well 😀

Day 5 – SW WA USA – NFD

Enjoying a few extras this weekend. Will be ready for the FD tomorrow.

BTW the Cloud bread is great. I’ll definitely plan to make it again.

Okay, I better scout over to the cinema to join a friend for “Let There be Light.”

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Day 5 NFD Kodiak AK

As always, reading all of your posts has me laughing and laughing just makes life more fun. I’m laughing at the ‘cheese accident” , laughing that koekie only has 1 husband…you never know…she might have 3, flourbaby’s 80’s songs, oh my jimeney’s how many times I could’ve written THAT post!

So, yesterday was a pretty average NFD. I know I was over my TDEE because I had salt n vinegar chicken wings for dinner with a pile of white rice. Each wing is approx. 110 calories and I ate 6, add the rice and the rest of my day and well, you can do the math 🙁

I also didn’t get out to hike and walk the dog. The day just really got away from me! However, I did get my pantry cleaned out and mostly organized. I have a little bit more to do today and it will be done. Today it’s raining, again, but I will either get out in the rain for a run and some fresh air or I’ll just do something in my garage.

I’m surprised at how much I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s FD. And then weighing on Tuesday morning. Okay, I won’t get ahead of myself here. Maybe I’ll wait one more week. We’ll see.

I was wondering what all the talk about the Miracle Morning was so I looked it up. Now I’m reading that book! Looking forward to seeing what I get from it.

All in all it’s been a great weekend so far and I really haven’t gone any crazier than I did in my pre-5:2 days so I don’t feel, at all, like I’ve undone the hard work of my two FDs!

Hope you’ve all enjoyed your weekends as well. I really enjoy reading about everyone’s activities! It’s like reading a series of short stories. So much fun!

Aw shucks, a whole bunch of posts popped up after I hit my enter button, probably because I didn’t refresh the page before I started.

@bigviking ….awesome job on both!!!

@msraven….awesome job on FD for Sunday! I’m working my way up to that!!!

@califdreamer….It is my dream to see 131!! Congratulations ! And Glad to know I’m not the only one whose day seemed to fly away!

And @bert…I meant to say omg, I can sympathize with your shopping experience. I get the way any time I’m in a mall in general. It’s a mixed blessing that we don’t have any real stores here. I only get to visit a mall once a year or so when we are traveling. Online shopping suits me very well for that reason.

Okay….now I feel better! Back to having a wonderful day everyone!!!

Day 6 Gold Coast, Aus FD

Day 5 – Cumbria UK – NFD

A beautiful Autumnal day here – went out for brunch with OH and this afternoon did an 8mile hike – scenery was spectacular – bright sunshine but rather cold!

A very controlled weekend for me – makes a nice change from recent ones!

@kerry Ann – brunch today was sourdough toast, smashed avocado, poached eggs and a sprinkling of feta with a flat white – thought of you 😉
    @mjrbcd44 – thank you x
    @bigviking – beware of the sugar 😈 in ginger beer…..calories vary so much depending on which one you drink!!!
    Well done on the pub lunch and restraining from drink and pudding!! 😇
    @koekie – Welcome and thank you for sharing – nice to know a bit more about you and looking forward to supporting you in your 5:2 journey – I’m a couple of years older than you and was lucky enough to retire early from a demanding job at 55 – have not looked back since 😌
    @fatrabbit – I love cheese way too much to keep a lot in my fridge – OH does not eat it so I know where it all goes….😉
    @rainbowsmile – good to hear that you have your sister for support – don’t forget to take care of yourself during this difficult time x
    @miraclelou – reading your post about your Thai curry (I love a good Thai) I thought I’d share that OH and I enjoyed a homemade prawn and salmon curry tonight – was yummy and healthy too as tomato based!
    @Strawberriesandcream – I did enjoy the rest of my Rioja🍷and made the second glass last……….
    @msraven – enjoy that spa day – just a tad envious!

“A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking…….because her trust is not in the branch but in her own wings……BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Day 5 – USA – NFD

Second post – @anna6 – is there something wrong with your phone/computer? Your same message has come up at least 6 or 7 times….just sayin!

Perth, Western Australia
    Days 4,5 & 6 all FDs.
    I hit the reset button and managed to lose almost 1kg after the first two FDs. They were very low cal days. Today is another FD but I’m aiming to go up to 500 cals.
    If I keep this up, I may hit my goal weight for Christmas! Mind you, my goal weight was something that I chose because I was so certain it would be impossible to achieve, especially on anti-anxiety meds. The goal seemed so far away but the 5:2 (usually 4:3 for me) is really working for me. 2.1kg away!!!!
    I’m thinking that I may have to set a new goal soon. I sort of think that I may eventually get down to the weight I really want to reach.
    @StephieS – I just tried the dress on. It almost fits. I say almost because I can zip it up now, I just can’t breathe in it.
    It’s a glorious day here, and I am not working today so I think a nice walk around Bibra Lake is in order. 🙂

BigViking. Big respect. Well done.

2nd post

@tsubaki – how lovely walking around Bibra Lake. We lived in Leeming all the years that my kids were young, and often went to the lake for picnics or the playground. Ahh happy memories. Such a lovely time of year for you. Enjoy!

Day 6 – Japan – FD 82.3kg (Year 2, #5)

So far so good, I’m about 1/2 thought this FD. Next week I’ll be in China and I’m just going to skip fasting. I don’t like fasting while traveling because I find it very stressful. On top of that is finding bathrooms in strange places and a lot of the Chinese bathrooms are on the rough side. When I break a fast I normally have need of the bathroom and also while fasting I tend to really dry out. So I’m just not going to create a personal crisis. 😀

Anyway it think it is good to change up the routine every so often. Another way to do it would be to do a multi-day fast. Or maybe alternate day fasting or switch to 16:8 or 20:4 for a while. At least that is how I’m thinking, maybe I’m just deluding myself.

I’m still working with my daughter, I keep reminding her that she has a good chance at redeeming herself by not causing any problems when I’m gone. It should be an easy task for here as she has finals starting the week I’m gone. We’ll see how it goes.

Hello. I’m Claire from Melbourne Australia

I am starting the 5:2 plan today. I thought I would give this challenge a go so I hope it’s ok that I’m starting a few days late.

I put on 15kgs from medication. I’ve been struggling to get the weight to come off even 5 months after coming off the medication. My doctor told me to give this a go.

Currently I’m 70kgs but would like to get down to 55 – 57kgs.

I hope everyone has a good month!

Day 6,Germany, FD
    @claireandrews welcome here! I wish you a very good start with your fasting! Lucky you to have a doctor who recommended 5:2!
    @tsubaki yeahhh! Almost at your goal weight! How exciting!
    For me it is a FD today and as I said I’m actually looking forward to it. It’s gonna be a busy day which makes it easier! Gotta go…

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.