November 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,403 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 1,404 total)

• Day 16, Norway, FD

Yesterday ended up quite CD. Today a normal full FD will happen.
    Liquid only until dinner. Tuna salad.

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD 3rd

I don’t know how, but I lost another 3/4 of a pound…..yesterday’s FD was good until evening. We went for our travel vaccinations, and on leaving the doctors surgery the most amazing food smell from a Chinese restaurant assaulted both of us. Yup, you guessed it, we got a Chinese takeaway meal for dinner. 😨

But, and this must be the 5:2, quite a lot was left over and neither of us inclined to clean the plates. I drank over 3.5 litres of water as usual, but also dandelion tea and a liver detox tea (milk thistle in it….needed after Spain 🍷🍷), so maybe I am washing the pounds away,

Has to be a liquid fast say today. No excuses. Oxo cubes and water packed for work. Early to bed tonight. No distractions allowed to take place. Focus on getting through the LFD today. Get back to pre-Spain weight. Let’s do this 👍

Day 16 Belfast FD
    More disasters in the world with famine and flooding. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones and homes in the floods or struggle through war to find enough to eat. It seems that not a week goes by without these awful stories.
    @SteveToonTaxiDriver you must have been posting while I was writing my own. Your cruise sounds truly amazing. One of the things that travel does is to open our eyes as to the fact that life outside our own bubble is often a lot harder. It makes you grateful for what you have. Which was your favourite of all your destinations?
    @anna6 your willpower must be amazing. I couldn’t bake without eating it. A childhood treat was to scrape out the bowl and I wouldn’t be able to keep my spoon out of the mixture!
    @Good to see you back @bellyblast. Glad you had a good holiday. I’m with you on the belly wobble! If I didn’t have that I might be in maintenance 🙁
    Safe travels @Bert1805
    @jessyoursize – what an exciting world is opening up to you with all that new food to try!
    Your inch loss is amazing. That is what this Is all about!
    @songbirdme – your red dress sounds fab!
    @pamie – I would find cooking all day and fasting hard. Keep strong!

I have a busy couple of days ahead. The floor goes down today; tonight after my art class I have to reassemble my living room and then the sofas arrive tomorrow morning. After that I’m off to see my two sons for my birthday, so an exciting few days ahead!

Remember:
    Every day is an opportunity to start again and be better
    Misty Copeland principal ballerina

Day 16/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Today started as a 16/8 CD and ended as an above TDEE non fast day. I had to deal with the unpleasant task of telling the young man who crashed into my car that I’d have to go through the insurance company. It will have a significant impact on his finances. I really, really, really hated doing this. I wish I had an alternate solution.

@debster251 you really are a generous spirit. You echo my sentiments.

Day 16 UK NFD

Day 16 Germany, CD
    Yesterday ended up being a good CD (I can only guess so since I didn’t count calories…)
    Today I will go for another CD
    have a good day everyone!

Day 15, Copenhagen, NFD
    DAY 16, Copenhagen, undecided…

I’ll see if I can make today a fast day, but woke up with a gnarling hunger. Otherwise it’ll have to be on Sunday…

Day 16, London, UK, FD.

So yesterdays’ FD went south. I went to a meeting and being ½ hour early my boss wanted to prepare over lunch, not too bad with the choices, but not a FD. This week is looking like ADF.

I’m still struggling with water consumption, I used to be really good at it, but maybe the change in temperature as we head towards winter has knocked me off track………….. I will try, try again!!!!

@missybear, this is my 3rd dry month in a row although unintentional – the 1st weekend of Oct & Nov were excessive which is what sent me running back to a dry month challenge!!! I’m starting to feel that deprivation too, but I know I’ll be drinking next weekend at my company’s Xmas do followed by 3 family birthday’s in the last week of November. If I thought I could be controlled I would join you on the 3 day drinking week, but I think it’s best for me to just drink on ‘special occasions’.

We’ve tipped over the ½ way point, time to pull my finger out and actually move towards my November goal!!!

Day 16 FD – Brisbane Australia

Had a really good fast day today. Coffee and two cups of tea with lots of water through the day and then a small piece of grilled salmon and some salad (no dressing) for dinner. Small cappuccino after dinner. I am thinking I might do a 16:8 tomorrow…I feel like I am on a roll. I am so close to getting under 70kgs and I am getting impatient!

@stevetoontaxidriver Your cruise sounds amazing. We love cruising too…although we have only been on two so far. Our last was 12 nights on the Sun Princess to the South Pacific and it was fantastic. We are hoping to do a New Zealand cruise next year on the new Princess ship.

@saffy420 Who are you sailing with?

@songbirdme I am sure you will look amazing in your red dress…enjoy the moment.

Stay strong everyone.

Day 15, Iceland, NFD
    Day 16, Iceland, undecided…

Day 16, South Wales, FD

I’m doing a happy dance after my weigh in this morning. The first time ever under the 150lb mark for me (just a whisker of a half pound, but still), so I am a very happy bunny!

And that’s all the motivation I needed for another FD today!

Good luck all fellow fasters today…

Day 16 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.
    Another good FD yesterday. Need to be really mindful on these non fasting days.
    debster251 Madeira is a beautiful island.
    Antigua Grenada and Barbados I really enjoyed out of the Caribbean islands. Barbados just topped it for me plus I had two days there and my anniversary.

Day 15 – Cumbria UK – NFD 😈
    Day 16 – Cumbria Uk – NFD needs to be a CD 😇

Missed posting yesterday – busy day – Great yoga class in the morning (3rd class in a row!) volunteering afternoon and then lovely meal out with DD (involving🍸 and🍷 of course! – did go over TDEE!) before seeing Murder on the Orient Express – we both really enjoyed it @songbirdme

A hard aerobic class this morning before meeting OH for a yummy cheese scone and a flat white! Lovely mixed vegetable salad planned for evening meal and no 🍷so will come in below TDEE today. Thought I would catch up on here before tackling some house work which I hate doing……..but needs must!!!!!

@cornish-jane – you asked how the long term 5:2’ers manage to stick with this – well for me this is the truth of it “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now” The system just works without feeling like I’m on a diet plus the health gains both in the short and long term. I have lost just under 50lbs/23kg and have been in maintenance for just about 1 year now, always hovering below my target weight – how good is that?
    @songbirdme and @happymargo – This diet wine might be a bit like drinking alcohol free beer – best just not have any! I’ll stick to my “full bodied” wines I think – in moderation of course 😉
    @debster251 – so agree with you in that logging on here on a FD when tempted is great for the resolve!
    Hope you made it
    @saffy420 – Sounds like an ideal holiday – enjoy!
    @pamie – Hello and welcome back – I remember you from earlier in the year – sorry that some comment put you off – so glad you decided to join again – I am still participating in the challenges and will be celebrating my one year in maintenance on 7th December – stick with us – great group of folks on here from all over the world – no judgement just great support and camaraderie 🤗
    @fatrabbit – just put Day 13 behind you and hope your Day 14 felt better – that’s the beauty of this WOL one bad day does not a bad week make x
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver – sounds like a food orgasmic cruise – Atul Kochhar’s food is sublime – nothing like your usual Indian – I’m so glad you made the most of it all – great experience!
    @bert1802 – enjoy your 3 days in NY
    @songbirdme – I have no doubt that you will look fab up front conducting the concert in your red dress
    @bellyblast – great job on maintaining so successfully whilst on holidays – this WOL can certainly be incorporated into holidays
    @tsubaki – Remember what @coda said – there is no such word as “failed” on these forums – we all have lapses – tomorrow is always another day – you can do this 🤗
    @jessyoursize – keep experimenting with new foods – there is so much lovely and healthy stuff out there
    @lynned – so you should too 💃

Right can’t delay tackling the housework any longer 😞

“You Can’t Cross The Sea Merely By Standing And Staring At The Water” = you cannot expect your body to change by itself. You have to take the plunge, swim, drown, and float again until you reach your destination!

Well done @lynned! Those milestones are so motivating 🙂

Day 16, nfd, Gozo Malta

Today I weighed 65.3 kilos down by 0.6 kilos from last Thursday. So the scales are moving to the right direction even after the binge I had last Sunday. I’m happy. 1.8 kilos to my target weight.

Prayers for those effected by floods, war and other disasters.

Legit and Debster251 today I ate one blueberry muffin (200 calories Mary Berry recipe) at 9.00 am local time. And after nibbling on some pasta bolonese I made my granddaughter and which she didn’t touch as she ate two and a half bought chocolate muffins she liked, I am not having any lunch as I’m used to not having anything before lunch or to snack only on fruit.

Today my son is fifteen years old but we’re celebrating his birthday next Sunday at lunch. I’ve already ordered him a red velvet cake as that’s what he wants though he would have liked it as much if I did the cake myself. Next Saturday my two granddaughters sleep over as their mother (my daughter) has a class reunion. I’ll just prepare the soup from Saturday and the oriental poussins I’m serving as main on Sunday.

Have a great Thursday everyone, onwards and downwards

Day 16 UK
    But only Day 4 for me!

So far so good another FD yesterday and another 10000 steps…. and I’m still feeling light headed the day after but I understand that the body soon gets used to things….

I so like the fact that on the NFD you can pretty much not worry (having said that I seem to be able to approach NFD in a much more positive frame of mind so not over eating_ – I know it’s early days but it really doesn’t feel like the slog of an uphill battle that so many diets involve…. I REALLY hope this is not a false dawn….

I am going to weigh in each Monday but had a sneaky peak this morning and was given a really lovely boost….

The forum provides lots of encouragement – thank you everyone

Day 16 – Massachusetts – NFD

Day 11 of 5:2

Today I have another interview, so I’ve timed it so it is a NFD. Yesterday’s FD went well. I agree @toddybear, I feel as though I am not as out of control on NFDs as I have been with other diets! It’s great. I’ve seen the scale moving a lot and I am really making a lot of progress towards my goal for the month. It’s great to see such a quick response!

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good day yesterday until last night after rehearsal when I was oh so hungry (I had just ‘worked out’ directing for 3 hours!) so indulged in sweets. Oh well,that happened. Thanks for your kind comments about my red dress for Sunday’s concert. I am sure it will still fit just fine despite my sweets.

Will try to read more posts and comment later on—
    Onward and downward.

Hi people,

I just need to get a few things off my chest. I’ve been super annoyed with myself in the past couple weeks . I have not been in control of what I have been eating. I never used to have problems with going without eating on weekdays but now they have become really difficult. I am riding my bike to work now which I was kind of blaming for this change of appetite and the extra need for energy, which is probably why when I get home I over eat and go above 500 cal. I tried to have a salad for lunch and then a smaller meal in the evening to see if that helps but it hasn’t. 🙁 I have actually put on weight this month which is really upsetting me. My husband says that it is muscle mass from all the riding I am doing but surely this means I should also be burning more!!?

Anyway, sorry to rant and moan 🙁 I just feel abit hopeless at the moment and somedays I just give up and have lunch and dinner.. I will continue to try my best for the remainder of this month but I am dreading getting on the scales and really not looking forward to Dec (the ‘Fat’ month!).

Hope you guys are doing well. x

Day 16 Akron OH. First of 3 B2B2B FD.
    I stayed under TDEE yesterday and feel really good about that, one day at a time.
    @Yirrakuri it’s ok to rant and moan and very important to get things off your chest; we are here for you. Don’t feel discouraged though, the first step to change is to recognize there needs to be a change, and you are right there. Slow it down a little, take it one bite at a time, one meal at a time; you will get your self control back. You can’t change yesterday, but you can make a difference in today’s outcome.
    @songbirdme sweets or no, the red dress does not stand a chance – you are going to look absolutely fabulous in it!
    @leggit hugs and best wishes on your interview
    @anna6 and @lynned huge congrats on your losses, way to go!!

Happy Thursday everyone and I wish you all success today 🙂

Day 16 – USA – FD

My OH and I had ordered Chicago and NY pizzas shipped to us earlier in the month and had some friends over to enjoy on Tues. My regular FD (day 15) was swapped out for today instead, as we went out on a dinner date while our dog was getting groomed. Lots of carbs all around, so I might be a good girl and do a B2B or ADF and see what happens by weigh-in day. @Daddofil2010, good for you dispatching 3/4 lb. Every little bit helps! @debster251, when is your birthday? @aljomisaza, what a great feeling when you’re on a roll, yay for you! @lynned, congrats for getting under 150! That is my goal (for now) and I’m about 18 lbs. away. @songbirdme, you have my email, right? How about pics of you in that red dress! @bellyblast, welcome back from your holidays! @anna6, good news about the scales moving downward! @yirrakurl, we’ve all been there, and you are always welcome to vent on this forum without judgment…have you noticed your clothes a little looser? That can be an indicator that you are spot-on, despite what Cruella the wicked scale says!

Okay, if there’s a post that explains all the shorthand, I missed it. 🙂

Here’s what I know:
    WOL – Way of Life
    FD – Fast Day
    NFD – Non Fast Day

But what’s TDEE? B2B? B2B2B?

Day 16, Brussels, FD

@lynned, congratulations on being under 150 lb !! I certainly is a happy dance moment lol

@Stevetoontaxidriver, all those places you mention make me want to get out there, especially on such a dreary and cold day! next summer hopefully I’ll be going somewhere sunny (and be able to get a new swimming suit to lounge on the beach lol)

@at good luck with the house work, it should be considered another workout 😉

@anna6, 65.3 is a great weight, you might get to your goal before Christmas then !

@Yirrakul, if you’re adding the cycling it’s probably normal I’d say, maybe give yourself a little more time to adapt? cycling burns a lot so eventually it should start going back down again… btw great cycling to work, brilliant workout adding that 😀

@metatauta, those pizza’s sound yummy, I love pizza, it’s my downfall ! AFD should compensate easily though!

@stitchincarol TDEE, it’s the calories you’re meant to eat on a NFD (if you look up the FAQ it’ll calculate yours). B2B is two FDs back to back fasting and B2B2B is 3 FDs. AFD alternated FD (FD, NFD,FD,NFD…)

Today is a FD, so far so good, a green juice for lunch, an apple and a tomato. I’m getting a bit peckish now at 4pm so I’ll have to find some way not to cave in! I’m determined to have a good FD as this weekend is going to be filled with meals and such!

Have a good day ! 🙂

Day 16 Canada FD

First fast day in weeks, I’m excited!

@jessyyoursize I just listened to a great podcast- Why We Eat What We Eat. There is some interesting stuff on picky eaters.
    @daffodil2010 its great the way this WOL tunes our portion sizes isn’t it.
    @lynned congrats!!
    @toddybear this is not an uphill slog of a diet at all, and that is what makes it so successful
    @leggit good luck with your interview and well done on shifting the pounds
    @songbirdme sounds like a fun workout
    @yirrakuri take it one day at a time, there is no failure here only a new day to look forward to. I find having an egg for lunch helps on “hungry” days, the protein fills me up enough
    @metatauats ahh those delicious carbs….
    @StephieS hang in there

@at I’m joining you in a house work work out. On that note I should get on, it’s amazing how much I can get done on a FD, who would have thought eating took so much time!

Day 16 Wales FD

Day 15 NFD
    Day 16 supposed to be FD
    Oregon USA

Well the week has not gone very well and though I am supposed to be fasting today I feel awful as a result of far too much beer at our company sales retreat last evening. Not to mention staying up way later than I wanted to and now starting the day with a headache. 😈

Thank you for all the encouragement from several of you and loving all the success stories as well as hearing the missteps…I think @at said one bad day doesn’t make a bad week and right now I am trying to remember that one bad week doesn’t mean a bad month! 🤔 At least I hope not.

Time to get up and go to work…ugh. 🤕🤕

Good choices and strength to all!

Day 16 – McMinnville Oregon USA – LFD
    I had a good day until dinner out, where I proceeded to eat and drink too much. Rich delicious food, fabulous wine, good friends, it was a wonderful celebration. Time for a RESET!!

@pamie – You really are in temptations path, stay strong!!
    @daffodil2010 – I’m curious about your dandelion tea and milk thistle tea. Do you feel any results from drinking it? I feel like I could use it today after such a rich meal last night. I’m holding your hand today on LF.
    @jessyoursize – Congrats on the inch off waist, good job!!
    @songbirdme – Spanx are a girls best friend. You will look fabulous!!
    @bellyblast – Welcome back from your holiday.
    @debster251 – New floors, how fun, they can really change the place up!! Have a Happy Birthday and enjoy your time with your sons. 🎂🎈
    @lynned – Congrats on seeing 150!!
    @leggit – Good luck on your interview, sending you positive energy!
    @mjrbcd44 – Like @bellyblast said, “there is no failure here only a new day to look forward to”.

Portland Oregon
    Day 16
    Day 2 NFD 5:2(16:8)

Hello. Hope you all don’t mind that I jump right in. I’ve done a small bit of fasting a yr ago, but I’d like to start back up with more effort then the past. I thought it’d be good to find a group where I can be accountable and Learn from others so here it goes. I’m 46 y/o 5’1 feet and need to lose about 65ish lbs, when I tried fasting last yr I did AFD and quickly lost 10lbs. I ended up going thru a bout of depression and gave up on fasting. Now that I’m feeling WAY better it’s time to get back to business.

I’ll be trying 5:2 with 16:8 on all days. I absolutely love the flexibility of fasting and I look forward to see where I end up. I hope I learn a lot along the way cause I really need to change my relationship with food.

day 16 FD Montana
    Thank you everyone for posting! This board keeps me going during a fast day!!
    I have green tea in my mug and a massive bottle of water at my desk!!

@daffodil2010 I need some of that tea! is there a brand I can look for?

Day 16 – 🇬🇧- NFD

@lynned – congrats….in the 140s now!!!!
    @woods_woman – welcome back, as inspiration @at has lost 50lbs on this WOL – A-MAZING!!!!

I definitely take it day by day & it seems slow but I know it’s worth it – having a little of what I like 🍷 and no constraints of a diet 24/7 works for me 😊

Day 16 California FD

60.2 kg, 132.7 pounds this morning. Today’s my second FD of the week so hoping I can get down in the 50’s again. I seem to be a little stuck and it’s due to snacking at night on NFDs. I really need to get out of that pattern. A little over 2 kg to my goal.

Hope everyone has a great day!

@onahealthyhigh — it is tough for young people to live up to their mistakes, isn’t it? You did the right thing, and you know it, despite the pain for the young man.

@lynned – yeah for your success! (My real name is GWYNNE, and people often think the spelling is difficult, until I tell them it is like LYNNE with a GW – my namesake was a Guinevere who they always called Guin, but Mom hated that spelling)

@steve-toon-taxi-driver – we loved Barbados too on an August 2003 trip there to watch the Concorde fly in and out in her last year. My DH was flying the Concorde with Flight Simulator and loved the plane. We even got out on a snorkel boat trip with that real pilot! MANY wonderful memories of Barbados.

@debster251 – “happy birthday to you ♫♪♫♪” from this SongBird!

@at – I will have to agree on the recommendation of full-bodied (red for me) wine in moderation. Weight Watcher’s ‘low cal’ version is only in a white, I found out. Likely I will pass on it anyway!

@basyjames – thanks for the kind comments. I’m excited for the concert and wearing the dress! @awilson – I am sure you are right about Spanx! 🙂 @metatauta – I’ll try to make sure someone takes my picture Sunday!

Day 16,2nd post
    I feel bad right now, because my lunch felt really out of control! Couldn’t wait for everything to be fixed and ate throughout preparing 😖
    At least I didn’t end up binging, rejected the cake offered to me in the afternoon and had a very light dinner. My kids didn’t finish their muesli and I am always tempted to finish their food. Thank God I remember what someone in here told me:”it could have been gone anyhow” and I let them throw it away! 💪
    Looking forward to a nice and clean FD tomorrow!

Day 16 – 2nd post….as I never have time in the morning to comment back to you guys ☺️

So here I am, tucked up in bed at 8.40pm, a successful liquid only fast under the belt, less than 50 calories consumed, great sense of having mastered my FD after a long weekend in Spain. Thanks @awilson for holding my hand, I made it through 🤗

@debster251 ooh how exciting getting new floor, sofa and rug. I feel a change to my living room decor coming on in the new year too. Happy birthday to you too!!

@murph58 and @awilson the brand of liver detox tea is Dr Stuart’s. It has milk thistle, dandelion, liquorice and some other ingredients. I don’t like the taste of aniseed/liquorice and the tea tasted awful when I first tried it years ago. But you know what, I really do feel better after taking it, especially if I have a hangover. I usually take this tea every Monday and Tuesday morning to clear myself of the weekends excess. I take dandelion tea a few times a week too……be prepared for lots of racehorse type trips to the loo though 😯 It does work 👍

@metatauta @bellyblast…. Yes indeed. It was great not feeling I had to clean the plate and even better to lose that 3/4 of a pound!

@lynned woo hoo getting through the 150 barrier. It’s a wonderful feeling when another milestone has been achieved. Well done 🤗

Here’s hoping for a nice final weekly weigh in tomorrow, as it’s the weekend again and a girls only dinner night in my friends …wine and champagne will be consumed (she recently got married) 🍾

Day 17 NFD Brisbane, Australia

Weighed in this morning after yesterday’s FD at 70.1 kgs…so close!! My goal is 68 kgs but getting under 70 will be such a good feeling. I have not been under 70 for well over 20 years. I have promised myself a pedicure as a reward for getting in the 60’s.

@yirrakurl Hang in there. We can all attest to the fact that this WOL works. It sometimes takes a while to find what works for you and find your rhythm. But you will get there and you will see results…don’t give up.

@woods_woman Welcome…there are no strangers here only friends we have not yet met. You will find heaps of support on this forum.

Off to work now, planning a NFD hopefully it will be below my TDEE.

Stay strong everyone.

Days 16 & 17 – Perth, Western Australia – both NFDs

Day 16 – ABQ – NFD/CD

I am eating very controlled today. Perhaps the chance of a + in a week is helping me make healthy choices? Or maybe just wishful thinking. My B2B2B went well, and depending on the weekend I may do one more B2B2B before Thanksgiving next week. I’m hoping the scales will show some good progress after a week of clean eating.

Thank you to everyone for your congrats, and @bellyblast I will have to check out that podcast on my way home tonight! Thanks for the suggestion!

@woods_woman – WELCOME! It is never too late to hop in. It sounds like you have some experience, and this is a great support group full of wonderful uplifting and international people! If you would like to use it, I’ve add you to the spreadsheet and here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BLuf0oDETlPDLYSw9l1oXWCnVzBnAqmdJshVaBVCBMY/edit?usp=sharing

Day 16 – SW WA USA – FD

Hungrier today at noon so ate a little SF dark chocolate and a couple of egg muffins. Maybe just soup before my evening teaching.

May we all finish well today! If not, there’s always a reset button.

Together we are stronger!

Day 17 Gold Coast, Aus CD

I had an awesome LFD yesterday, scales down another .7 kg after not moving for a week.

I was also diagnosed with AF, which is a huge relief after wondering what was wrong with me and I needed to worry since 1980! I’m going onto blood thinners while we decide how to treat the AF – but nothing urgent according to the cardiologist.

Day after LFD has been problematic for me, so lots of focus and attention to my food today to keep it under TDEE. LFD is so much easier than CD.

May we be happy, may we be healthy, may we be free from inner and outer harm, may we care for ourselves joyfully.

Day 16 Sarasota, Florida CD Yesterday was a successful FD. We even went to a happy hour but I had 1 oz of my husband’s wine and the rest seltzer and ice. We shared 3 appetizers. It was nice to be out but still compliant. Thinking of all of you helps me a lot.

Day 17. FD. London UK
    I got back from Venice this evening. Eeeeerm. Those Campari Spritz were impossible to resist. Sorry No WiNovembers. I just messed up. I’ll add 10 days onto November. No more alcohol until 11th December. Oooops. But eating went ok. Tried to only eat 2 meals a day, and waited as long as possible to eat.

Day 16 CD (supposed to be a FD)
    2nd post Kept it to 1200 cals

@woman_woods @awilson @annemarilyn

I think it is so fun that in this big international forum there are four of us right around PDX. Such a small small world!

Weighing tomorrow morning just hoping it isn’t up from last week but….

Also to all you “pros”😊 Not sure I want to know the answer but what is whooshing and what causes it?

Good choices today. 💪

Day 17, Norway, NFD (CD)

Yesterdays FD was successfull. Forgot my tuna salad at work so i had to improvise. Took a can of sliced tomateos (very low in kcals) and a can of coconutmilk (very filling) and stripped my fridge for vegetables. Lots of spices, it can almost not get too hot (spicyhot) for me. Loved it, and kept me full for the rest of the day, no problems. Have any of you heard of the danish guy, Chili Klaus? Well, he challenges celebrities to eat chili like Carolina Reaper etc (you should search on youtube, SO funny) and yesterday my mom brought me 5 bags of Chili Klaus crisps/chips she had bought for me when she was in Denmark this past weekend. DIDNT EVEN TOUCH THEM :):)

Today i woke up at 5am, to be at my office job at 6am, i’ll be here until 14:30, then off to my “new” job, as an uncertified health care provider 🙂 This will be my first “real” worknight, the previous 3 have been “under training” together with another certified nurse. Tonight i’ll take care of 8 elderly dement women on my own. Its gonna be a long day, with not too much time for me to eat, so this is going to be a pretty easy CD i guess. I had a skyr and a small chocolate milk for breakfast (treat) this morning….come to think of it, i didnt really need it though…but too late, already gone.

Welcome to all the new ones, quite a few newbies this month 🙂 Great! And so many kg/lbs gone for you guys. I weighed in today, 85.9…. i really want to see 84.something by the end of november.

well, better hit some work on my computer before the day is over (7.29am, feels like i’ve been here for a long time already 🙂

Morning

Day 15: UK FD
    Day 16 : UK NFD (prob way past me TDEE , as I ventured out to the office and we had a katsu curry)
    Day 17 CD, was hoping to be my 3rd FD, but I am not feeling too good today . so will just prob do an extra one next week

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Great LFD yesterday and rewarded with a 2lb loss 👍 So I am now at my pre Spanish weekend weight, but still have a few pounds to go to hit November goal. It will be done!!

Brr, it’s minus 2 out there, as I work in a (mostly) unheated glasshouse I am wrapped in so many layers today. Thermal tights and two pairs of socks!! Two long sleeve tops, a sleeveless fleece body warmer, over that a Sherpa fleece and over that, another sleeveless body warmer 😆 If I was at last years weight I would look like the Michelin Man today ☺️

Happy Friday!!

Day 17 UK NFD

Day 17, UK, NFd
    Up 0.5kg on my travels since Monday morning. Suspect it is water and that my body is still feeling last night’s flight. No more work travel until the new year, so plenty of dog walking for the next 7 weeks 😀

Two weeks until the end of Dry Winovember, so time to get serious and get down to my target range (75-77kg). I won’t break my fast until this evening to get things started.

Onwards and downwards!

Day 17, Newcastle UK, NFD

Visiting friends have all gone and I’m now nursing a horrid cold. I’ve skim read posts – happy birthday @debster251 – welcome to even more new challengers.

@mjrbcd44, here is the link to the whoosh article: http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

Despite a week of far too much alcohol – again – my food choices have been good and I’m feeling like my weight is steady. Still not been on the scales and don’t intend to until the end of the month.

@steve toon taxi driver – glad to hear your cruise went well. I have a lovely photo of Britannia and Azura docked next to each other in St.Kitts right about this time last year. We will be visiting Madeira in January en route to The Canaries – neither of which we have ever visited. Not wanting to wish our life away – but it can’t come soon enough. As you are a veteran cruiser, I’m interested in which third party you feel offers the best deals/service.

We’re experiencing some lovely sunny days – but boy it’s cold out there. Going to keep wrapped up and take it easy indoors today.

This WOL works. Keep on keeping on.

Day17 Belfast NFD
    Although my FD went out of the window yesterday, another half pound has been eradicated. I’m still a couple of pounds from my lowest, so I’ll have to work hard in the last days of November.
    Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes. I am normally quite reticent about disclosing that it’s my birthday, and so I’ve never had so many good wishes, and it’s not even my birthday till Saturday. I’m basking in the love!
    @songbirdme – when I’m fasting there’s always food in the cupboard, and sometimes when the news reports the famine in Yemen or wherever, I wonder how it must feel to have no food. In comparison, it’s easy to be hungry by choice. I can’t imagine what it must be like no wonder where your next meal is coming from.
    @LynnD congratulations on dropping below that magic number. I was a pound away then life kicked in 😮!
    @leggit your interview is probably over now. Hope it went well 🤞
    @SteveToon – we plan to go to Madeira in the spring. It looks amazing. I was there from a cruise a long time ago just for the day and loved it.
    @Yirracurl – that’s what this forum is for. It’s only a number. Have you checked your measurements? Maybe with all your exercise the inches have moved instead? Stay strong. Xo
    @metatauta – 63 on Saturday, so a lovely weekend with my two boys and their girls 😃. That’s all the present I need!
    @woods_woman welcome to this great forum. I am a great fan of 16:8, in fact I have used that daily routine for over a year now and find it very successful. Good luck on your journey.
    @daffodil2010 well done on losing your excess baggage. I have taken a leaf out of your book and worked hard to get rid of those holiday pounds. Thanks for the tea recommendation-I’m a big fan of herbal teas so I’ve added another couple to my ‘to buy’ list. When you go on your big trip are you organising it yourself or are you going through a travel company? I’m guess you work in the plant business? As I look out at the thick frost this morning and don’t envy you!
    @camcd – I’m glad you’ve got to the bottom of your health issue

Birthdays are a good time for reflection. Two years ago, I had just retired, I was nearly two stone heavier, and had reflux issues. From then, I have lost 5” from my waist, eradicated most of the excess pounds and halved my medication. My progress has been slow, but I think it was you, @happymargo, who said, ‘What choice do we have?’ I’ll never go back to where I was. I’ve found a WOL and the most amazing group of friends. Thank you all for your help, support and friendship since I’ve been on this forum! 💕

Day 17, Belfast, NFD
    Day 16, Belfast, NFD

Hubby’s birthday yesterday so spoiled him (and myself) with a couple of pints in the pub after work. Out for dinner tonight, but defo no dessert 😉 I have ignored our work canteen’s scones and pastries and chocolate vending machines for a few weeks now – so hoping a better eating pattern is developing.

Happy birthday for tomorrow @debster251!

Good luck everyone today x

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 1,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.