No weight-loss

This topic contains 51 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  snedger 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)

• Hello

I’m a 28 year old female. I’ve limited my calorie intake for over 10 years (around 1000 a day, or less) so really struggle to shift any weight that I gain. I’ started the 5:2 around 8 weeks ago, at 59 kilos, and have barely lost a thing. In fact, my weight fluctuates up toa figure that is higher than my starting weight. It’s frustrating as I’m following the rules and even swimming up to three times a week too.move cut down on alcohol intake too, as I’d generally have a drink each evening (though nothing excessive).

I guess I’ve put my body through a lot of calorie deprivation over the years so this is nothing new. Should I carry on with the regime, or are some bodies just not suited to this?
    Any thoughts welcome, and gratefully received!

Lesley – eating 700-800 as your evening meal will make you store some of that as fat… The goal is to eat 400 or 500 cal. In that way the whole day is still somewhat of a fast.

Is there anyone on this site that can give advise?? There are lots of requests for help, but not seeing anyone who is providing helpful suggestions! Guess those of us with problems losing weight on this program will have to find answers elsewhere!

Nothing much was happening in the Ashes cricket, so I had time to report the commercial post 🙂

Hi snedger, it seems that this forum is beginning to be targeted by commercials such as this and we all need to be on our toes.
    Good luck.

Couscous,
    I got an email telling me post had been deleted – bad internet peddlers!
    Good luck to you too – keep away from me on fast days, as I might accidentally eat you 🙂

It does appear to me that at some point – might not be at the point where the body is really lean – “something” happens where the body fixes on a weight.
    It might be that there is less energy and so less exercise effort is made, possibly without perceiving this.
    Or maybe calorie counting is not as careful or conscientious as it could be.
    I’ve spent 4 weeks being 100% zero cal strict on fast days and I was managing to up my exercise, but something took over my will about 8 days ago and I got lazy for 4 days – back on track now – anyway, my point – the last 4 weeks being ever so strict had a small effect – my weight is down about 3-4 pounds – but the effort is practically at the point where it is effecting life happiness – not quite there and with the really slow progress it is going to take real concentration to persevere.
    I just got an electric abs belt (sit ups/crunches not compatible with dodgy back) and so created an exercise schedule calendar to do a 30 day plan (I did not know until just now that you can have multiple Google calendars – nice!) – not good entering an exercise reminder for xmas day! But at least I’ve recorded what I need to do, less easy to denially ignore.
    Everyone is different (this post is not a criticism of anyone but myself), but for me, every time I say that I’ve plateaud and there is nothing more I can do, I am basically wrong – as soon as I discover where I’ve been complacent then positive effects do occur.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply.