Newbie advice

This topic contains 5 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi hope its ok to post this here. I’ve just started today and on my first fast day. I thought I’d read somewhere that 800 cals were allowed on a fast day. Can any advise. Thanks

Fasting_me Its very confusing, because I just read an article by the newspaper The Telegraph called “Good news for dieters: 5:2 relaxes the rules and allows 800 calories a day”. I assumed it meant the original diet of 5:2, but with more calories. Now I’m doubting it.

You are right, Dr Mosley is now saying that, for people who find the 500 – 600 limit makes 5:2 fasting too difficult, raising the limit to 800 calories on fast days can make it doable.
    The lower your calories on fast days, the quicker you will lose weight and gain the health benefits, but even if you can’t cope with less than 800 calories on fast days, you will still get the benefits.
    Your challenge is to make 5:2 fit well into your life so that you can be doing it long term. If the way you manage that is to have 800 calories on your fast days, then that is success!
    Cheers

If you want faster results, 600 calories/day is the way to go. Yes, for some people 800 calories is really ‘starving’ if they were accustomed to 2500 calories/day. And they would lose weight. But it happens faster at 600 calories.
    Just my opinion.

The number 500/600 was not based on any “science”, it was just an amount that Mosley thought most people could at least attempt to do. That amount has been pushed up to 800 in an attempt to get more people to try it. The closer you push the value up to what you would normally eat the slower your rate of loss. There is no magic involved.

Absolutely, 500 calls is only hard for the first couple of FDs, as it’s surprising how soon the stomache shrinks and your appetite reduces.

Secondly, stops this eating from habit rather than need. We now eat two meals a day – lunch and evening.

Hi I am new here I am doing my first fast day today any tips would be great .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.