New starter – please tell me your success stories!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
New starter – please tell me your success stories!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Youndither 1 month ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Hi all. Tomorrow is my first day doing 5:2. I tried a while back and wasn’t really in the right frame of mind but now, at 5’6″ and 13st 10lbs, I really need to get a grip. I have very little willpower over time so I’m hoping that a one-day-at-a-time approach will do the trick. I’d love to hear your success stories – particularly women of a similar age (47) and weight. Thanks .. and wish me luck!

Hiya, I’m starting in Tuesday…..doing Tuesday and Thursday ……or maybe Monday and Wednesday thinking about it. Hmmmm will have to see what I’ve got on next week. Perhaps we can keep each other company…… Whereabouts in UK are you? Just curious……..I’m in Somerset ….and in my 50’s 😀 x

Hi emmafudd! I started 6 weeks ago, and have lost 6 pounds. I feel that going on a slower weight loss path is better for my body to keep from the yo-yo-ing I’ve done in the past. Also, in a strange way I feel that if I sneak up on my body, it won’t know what’s happening:) I am turning 47 in a couple of months, I am 5’4″ and currently 170.5 lbs. (started at 176.5). While sometimes I feel that the weight loss is too slow, I have to remember that by end of year I should be back to goal weight and maintaining. This is the only plan that has worked for me so far so that I don’t feel completely deprived. Additionally, I own a chocolate manufacturing company and I have to sample the chocolate bars for recipe tweaking. There are lots of wonderful things around for me to eat all of the time. I do limit myself at work to just 75% and up dark chocolate bars, but we also have lots of treats and a great baker on staff! It’s a challenge!

Best of luck, and be sure to use the tracker. It’s nice to see where you’ve been over time!

A chocolate company?! Wow – that’s a tough one! Well done for your weight loss. You’re absolutely right about the ‘slow but sure’ approach … will need to remind myself of that! Thanks for your post x

Hi Chasey. Great to hear from another newbie! I will generally do Monday and Thursday, I think, but starting tomorrow as my husband is working and I’m more disciplined when he’s not around!! Fingers crossed for a good first week!

I am a health care provider and have completed week 1 doing a Monday and Thursday program. I use a Fitbit and I cannot believe that after one week my 24 hour average resting pulse has gone from a consistent 61-63 to now a resting 24 hour average of 57. Amazing. I am quite surprised as I have tracked this for 2 years.
    I feel an increase in alertness and energy level in such a short time, and am surprised that on nonfast days I no longer seem to have the cravings to gorge on chips or carbs or sweets that I had and I did not overeat to compensate for the fast. The first day was a little rough fasting as I felt a bit queasy but that was quelled somewhat by drinking more water. The second fast day I felt fine.

Hi EmmaFudd!!

I’m a newbie too! I’ve been doing IF (Intermittent Fasting) for about two weeks. I can’t tell you how much weight I’ve lost bc I’m not getting on the scale. The scale and I have a VERY unhealthy relationship so I’ve decided to really just focus on how I feel – AND I FEEL GREAT! Right now I’m doing a 16:8 program every day and I am looking to start incorporating at 5:2 starting Monday. I think by starting on 16:8, it has eased me into the idea of fasting and has really helped to shift my focus from thinking about food all the time. I think I’ve lost weight by the way my clothes feel but it’s so much more than that. I feel so much more in control and grounded.

Best of luck in your journey. Look forward to staying in touch here to see how things are going for you.

Mimi

Hi everyone four months ago my doctor told me I needed to lose about twenty pounds and recommended I try the 5:2 diet since nothing else seems to work since I turned 50yrs no amount diet and exercising seems toward.
    I am very active running about 12 miles each week still I could not lose pound.
    I started at 194 lbs on 11/7/16 today four months later 3/11/17 I weigh 152 lbs a total of 42 lbs.
    I am down to my high school weight and I am 56 years old !!!

Beverly02

Congratulations! What wonderful results and so encouraging. I have about 40 pounds to lose and have also tried everything. I am really hoping for the same success you experienced. I am peri menopausal and just can’t seem like to lose the weight. To hear your success makes me really hopeful this will work for me too!

Congrats!

-M

Day 11 Florida, USA FD
    I first went on the 5/2 in 2013 and lost 16 pounds in 4 months. I found it the easiest and most effective eating plan I’ve ever followed. I maintained my ideal weight for 9 months then I let stress mess with my discipline and the weight gradually returned, I deeply regretted this. I’m now back in the 5/2 strictly and lost 3 pounds in 6 weeks. I recommended not messing with Michael’s guidelines, which are based on sound scientific study.
    Good luck!

Thanks everyone, for your stories. I lost 5lbs in the first week and put on 1lb the second! I know where I went wrong … completely over ate on the non fast days so not surprised at all, just cross with myself. Trying harder this week!

What do you all eat on fast days? I made a big ratatouille this week which was filling but suspect protein might make me feel fuller for longer.

Hi,

I have done this since Jan this year, and I have lost 3.5kgs since, my BMI was 25.1 when I first started, now I am at 24.4 BMI. my plan is to lose another 4-6 kgs and maintain my weight using a 6/1.

It starts off pretty tough, but it gets easier, much easier. I found the best way to eat on fast days is not eating anything through out the day, except a dash of milk in my coffees. And then I will eat 250 grams of chicken breast meat(which adds up to around 275 calories), and join my family’s dinner and eat the rest of my calories allowance.

Hi EmmaFudd

So glad someone else is a little trepidatious! I’m just getting myself in the right headspace before I dive into 5:2 (probably starting next week). I look forward to hearing how it goes for you initially. Good luck!

hi, I was so sure nothing would work for me I’m 56years old and had given up my husband had left me and I had just about given up, but on doctor’s advice I decided to give the 5:2 diet a try. I started on 11/7/16 at 194 pounds, today I am. down to 150.8 pounds. The first few days were the worse, but my trick is to do fasting on my busiest days that way I am more focus on tasks I have to complete and less on how hungry I am.
    Also drink plenty of water it helps

Hi all

Earlier this week I celebrated my one year anniversary of eating better, and doing 8W BSD for 2 rounds. I am celebrating the loss of 3 and half stones since this time last year. I am 49 and live in Cheltenham UK. I love the wonderful foods this WOL has and I am looking forward to doing 5:2 (with trepidation… today is 2nd FD). Oh and looking forward to loosing 9kg to get to my goal of 63.5KG. Anyone else in similar situation?

Hi MartyMarty

I’m intrigued – what is 8W BSD?! Well done for your losses to date.

Hi Emmafudd

8W BSD is 8 weeks Blood Sugar diet. Michael Mosely’s diet to kick start weight loss (800 calories a day for 8 weeks). I’m now looking for something a little more forgiving/easy to work long-term … 5:2 here goes!

Hi.Today just joined. Tomorrow i’m going to start my diet 5:2, Hope to have the best results

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply.