Need help!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ret.rn 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hey guys, I had rhinoplasty surgery done 13 days ago from one of one of the best nose job clinic in Toronto( http://www.droakleysmithrhinoplasty.com/rhinoplasty/ ). My surgeon has recommended to use soft foods diet, but I don’t know what all to include in that. I would like to hear from those who had the surgery, what was your diet like? Did you abstain from certain foods, like hard to chew meat? I’ve read on many forums that drinking pineapple juice helps with swelling after the surgery. Has it helped anyone? Please share.

Dear Linda 245, I have never had a rhinoplasty, but I had to go on a soft diet for two months following a major hernia surgery. I ate a LOT of soup which required very little chewing. You can also try smoothies or protein shakes. I have one daily to deal with my IBS issues. I use 10 ounces of unsweetened coconut milk (due to lactose intolerance), a cup or more of kale, a cup of blueberries or strawberries, 1 tbs of chia seed and a tbs. of xylitol for sweetness and a scoop of your favorite protein powder. I blend this all in my blender until very liquid and easy to swallow and drink it slowly. It is highly nutritious and since the protein powder is chocolate flavored it gives me a sweet fix without being too high in calories! Good luck! If you are ok with dairy, yogurt would be good too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.