My Journal (first timer and ready ready for it)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My Journal (first timer and ready ready for it)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Julie30 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Welcome to my journal

I’m 30 years old, I have a 1.5 year old boy and a wonderful fiance. We are getting married in January and going to Cuba for our honeymoon. So that’s kind of my motivation to get fit (and stay fit of course). For the first time in my life I want to feel confident in a bikini!

Current weight: 60.5 kg / 9st. 6lbs
    Height: 167 cm / 5 foot 5 inches

The fasting days are Mondays and Thursdays.
    I work out 3 times a week doing weights and cardio.

So here goes nothing.

Its Monday

I have had a coffee (40 kcal) and a costa latte that a friend surprised me with (130 kcal).
    For dinner will have a a salad of tomato, cucumber and lettuce (estimating 50 kcal), with half tin spring water tuna 60 (kcal), one boiled egg (78kcal) and 2 table spoons of fat free vinaigrette dressing (16 kcal)
    An apple (95 kcal)for dessert.

I haven’t done calorie counting for a very long time, so please do tell me if I am doing this all wrong lol :p
    Also ordered a food scale which should arrive tomorrow.

Ahhhhh counting minutes till dinner time, getting hungry, but feeling determined and will just keep drinking plenty of water. They say that the fasting gets easier with time, right ? 😀

I’ll update my today’s meals:
    Coffee no sugar 40 kcal
    Costa latte no sugar 130 kcal
    Heinz vegetable soup(cup) 77 kcal
    Salad (1 tomato,1/2 cucumber,1/4 lettuce, 1 medium boiled egg, 1/2 tin tuna in brine, 2 tablespoons vinaigrette) 216 kcal
    1/2 pear 50 kcal
    = 513 kcal.

Proud of myself.
    I was considering adding mozzarella cheese to the salad, but then realised how many calories it would add
    Today has been eyeopening, as now I can see how much unnecessary food I consume, while this simple salad was so delicious and satisfying.

Gym tomorrow and next fasting day is Thursday, kind of looking forward to it now 😉

Last two days, after the fasting, have been terrible. All I want to do is eat. I feel bloated, fat and depressed. Tomorrow is my second fasting day. I’ve decided to quit alcohol for 16 days, hopefully this will help speed up the weight loss process and make me stop the emotional eating

Im 31 years old and have 5 kids. You are taller than me but I’m at the same weight as you.

Current weight 60.4 kg
    Height:160 cm

Goal weight: 52 kg

I need a buddy, since u are a bit taller u can only imagine what 60+ kg looks on a shorter person.I’m starting my first day tomorrow !

Let’s have dis thread as an accountability and update weight after every fast day or ever second fast day!

By the way what’s you goal weight?

Just to recap this week:
    Thursday was supposed to be my next fasting day. I felt very depressed and physically tired. With some push from my partner I managed to drag myself to the gym. I couldn’t to my usual cardio and weights as I felt so out of it. So I opted for a 10 minute cardio and a 20 minute swim. I was half way through the fast, but when my son declined his lunch I ate it, and there went the fasting. But I didn’t beat myself up for it.
    And had my fasting day on Friday instead. It went okay, I ate pretty much the same things as on Monday, and managed to keep in the 500 kcal.
    Saturday I had a really good gym work out. Unfortunately due to lack of willpower I drank gin and tonic cocktails and prosecco with my partner, arghhhhhh trying to stay away from the booze for the next 12 days now!
    Today has been okay. I kind of felt the urge to binge due to a slight hangover, oops. But I’ve been doing okay.
    Tomorrow morning gym and fasting day. Planning to have a banana and a coffee and then immediately hit the gym, before the hunger kicks in 😉

PS: My lovely son smashed our digital scale on the bathroom floor, so I unfortunately can’t weigh myself for a while (new scale has to wait till pay day) 😀

Hi NajMah,

5 kids wow, I can barely handle one 😀 Yeah I would love to buddy up! Ahhh damn my scale is broken, but maybe I can weigh myself at the gym, I’ll have a look tomorrow.
    But anyways I am still going to write about my progress here, If I can fit into my skinny jeans without the love handles hanging over I know I am loosing weight lol 😀

So this can be a safe place for anyone to share their feelings, frustrations, achievements etc. 😉

My goal weight is 55 or 56 kg. But I just want to get rid of the muffin top, tone up, and have a lean bikini figure, so if I have that and weigh 57 kg I’ll be happy too.

Well done on completing 2 fast days.

We can do this , I’m gonna start working out 3 days a week too to tone the body.

How did your first fasting day go NajMah?

Yesterday was my fasting day and it went surprisingly well, until the evening when my son was being difficult and I had a killer headache…

Anyways my food for yesterday:
    Coffee 40 kcal
    Honey O.5 teaspoon 15 kcal
    Banana 72 kcal
    Apple 68 kcal
    Cup of minestrone soup 65 kcal
    Salad with tuna, boiled egg, and vinaigrette dressing 240 kcal
    Apple 68 kcal
    = 568 kcal

As you can see I ate an apple too much, but it was only because my son rejected it and I hadn’t added up all my food yet. Next time I know better.

I’m glad that I have figured out the food I eat during fasting days, reduces the worry and constant calculations 😉

Even went to the gym yesterday, did 30 min weights and abs plus 15min fast walk.

Today I’m feeling rubbish because my 1.5 year old wakes EVERY day at 4 or latest 5 am and won’t go back to sleep, grrrrrr 🙁 🙁
    It was supposed to be my gym day again but not sure if I’ll have strength. I’ll see how the day plays out.

On a positive note, my shorts felt looser yesterday, and my tummy seams flatter 🙂

This morning I weighed 59.9 kg that’s a loss of 0,5 kg….but I did not count calories I just ate one medium sized lunch lower in carb and called it a day!

We’ll done NajMah! How have you been doing now ?.

I have to say that I’m struggling today 🙁 Been feeling depressed again. This week forcing myself to go to the gym and then leaving just after 20 minutes as I have no energy! arghhhh what’s wrong with me. My time of the month is about to start so maybe that’s the reason for my low mood. When I’m down I find it incredibly hard to eat sensibly plus I tend to look forward to that cheeky glass of wine in the evening. Which always leads to me binging on cheese and stuff. 🙁

I have been out and about today, have had a coffee, an apple, a cup of minestrone soup and half a wheetabix. And all I can think is ” fU** it, I’m going to have some wine at home and will do the fasting day tomorrow ” 🙁

Well done ladies I feel huge now compared to you I’m a mum of 4 I’m nearly 49 I weigh 76 lg I want to get down to 70 kg for my hols in 13 weeks I want to be in a comfortable size 12 ypu lot are tiny 👙, only started this on Monday

Welcome Jaxx! We might be of different sizes, heights, ages, backgrounds etc, but we all have the same goal 😉

So my today’s fast has gone well, I was struggling a bit during the day, but feel so much better now that I’ve succeeded !
    My menu:
    Coffee 40 kcal
    Honey 15 kcal
    Minestrone soup 65 kcal
    Apple 68 kcal
    Coffee 40 kcal
    Honey 15 kcal
    Salad 167 kcal (tomato,cucumber,lettuce,tuna,boiled egg,vinaigrette dressing)
    Rusk 70 kcal
    = 509 kcal

Maybe I have eaten a bit too much for the fasting day, but I did the best I could and I’m proud of myself.

Planning to go to the gym tomorrow morning and try to weigh myself there, hopefully will come back with some good news;)

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!

I’m sorry I haven’t been here for a week. My weighing on Saturday a week ago went well. I weighed 9 stone (58 kg), so I had lost 2 kg. Last week the fasting was okay, although I did cheat a bit on Thursday when I had a small can of baked beans outside of the 500 kcal (son didn’t eat them so I “had” to). I did have 2 really good work outs last week 🙂
    We went to Manchester for a wedding on Friday. I wore a tight black dress and felt pretty good in it 😉
    Now comes the negative part. Due to being tired and hangover from the party my eating has been very bad since Saturday 🙁 I couldn’t even do the fasting day today because I feel so run down. But I plan to get back on track and do the fast tomorrow, plus go to the gym.

How has everybody else been doing?

So far I’ve had 2 coffees and 2 apples and its only 10 am. I’ll try to keep going.

This might be my last post.
    I have tried this dieting method now for over 3 weeks, and I have to say that unfortunately it doesn’t suit me. I tend to over eat and binge on the non fasting days and I’m very depressed. So I’m going with the approach of Dr Hyman. I’ll need to do a whole lifestyle change, but I can write here how that’s going for me after a month 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.