my first day

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Minka 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello! So um I am Maryam from Morocco, if you guys know where that is hahaha, I am a non Muslim, but I always liked the spiritual side of fasting especially when I see my parents or my brothers go through the day eating nothing, due to some emotional problems I believe I took food as a solace, and tried different diets and sadly gave up, I tried fasting 4 times now and I gave up, last time I fasted 46 hours and binged, I suffer from bulimia too, and I found this forum and thought maybe if I am with supportive ppl I will feel more comfortable, and so I will start this, and I need your support greatly my friends

Hi Maryam, Welcome! I’m somewhat new to this type of fasting and others may chime in and provide more help. I will say though that I personally would also find a 46 hour fast difficult and I too might eat more than I need in the aftermath.

I find 5:2 doable. I eat dinner, have nothing more to eat that night, go to bed, wake up and consume 500 calories through that day. I then go to bed, wake up and eat a delicious breakfast. Because I do consume the 500 calories on my fasting day, I don’t feel like I’ve felt practicing other types of fasting. Also, limiting my fasting span to 36 hours feels easy since I’m sleeping for 16 of those hours!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.