My answer to "can't sleep"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jojo58 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I do ok on fast days. My problem is I wake up ravenous an hour or two after going to sleep on a fast day.
    This leads to midnight snacks that break my fast.
    My solution is to count these snacks as my next day’s breakfast. So, I don’t eat anything until lunch the next day. This way I get to sleep on a fast day without any discomfort.
    Anyone see any problems with this approach? I try to keep my midnight snacks to something healthy; some yogurt and crackers or peanut butter and crackers. Or maybe a nice bowl of oatmeal.

Hi bustoff,
    Many of us have been there and done the same thing. I now ensure that I have a carb snack at 9 pm, usually 20 g porridge with water and blueberries. This ensures a good nights sleep. Tried hot drinks, fruit, veg but these did not work or disturbed me more with loo visit waking. Now sleep full 6-7 hours undisturbed which is bliss. Also read at bedtime to relax body and mind fully. Also do yoga twice weekly which is amazing for keeping you positive and chilled.
    Good luck and sound sleeping

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.