Motivation, Support and Encouragement

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Motivation, Support and Encouragement

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  milena 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Just a general forum where we can motivate and encourage each other when we are struggling, and also share success stories!

Hi everyone!

I’m Abi from Glasgow and new to the fast diet, aiming to lose a stone and a half!

I thought I would start a new forum where we can help motivate each other. After a great first week (lost 3 and a half pounds) I’ve had a terrible 2nd week after being away with work and eating everything in sight! I’m out for dinner tonight with some visiting relatives but I’m hoping I can get back on track and possibly fast for 3 days this week to try and undo some of the damage!

I’m interested to find out how everyone else is getting on? The good and the bad!

Abi x

Hi all! I am on my 4th week of the fast diet. I thought I had lost 8 lbs. and was excited about that, however, after my Monday fast, I weighed Tuesday morning and had gained 2 lbs.! Needless to say, I felt pretty down about that–especially after a fast day. Today is Wednesday and I’m trying to stay under 1200 calories as I have done for the last few weeks. I exercise (cardio) @ 5 days/week and take that into consideration too. I am aiming to lose a total of 10-12 lbs. but it is the hardest 10-12 lbs. to lose. Yesterday after seeing I had gained a couple pounds was a difficult day because I felt defeated. But today is a new day (almost over now) and I started all over again. I keep telling myself that this is the most doable diet I’ve tried in a very long time. I guess we all will have our ups and downs. Hanging in there with all of you…

Hi Abi,

it takes a few weeks to get into 5:2, and make it work around life. Just get back into it, and every time you fall off the wagon, so to speak, just get right back on.

Linderly, dont be discouraged, your weight fluctuates every day, by pounds. Quite normal. There will always been ‘goods’ in some form of transit, weightloss is never in a straight line down. Frustrating if you have a couple of good fast days, and nothing moves, or the weight even goes up, but it will go down, just in its own good time. Have faith, and resolve to ignore gains, except where you ONLY have gains. If that happens, just give yourself a good talking to, measure and count every calorie, stay under your TDEE, and you will be fine.

Might be worth finding your goal weight TDEE and using those figures or, if you have a lot to lose, TDEE at a stone less than you weigh now.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.