More Movement

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi guys,

For anyone who hasn’t seen the stuff on the Fast Exercise twitter account (@FastExerciseNow in case anyone was wandering!) there’s been some excellent banners around London – the Move1 ones, “sitting is the new henry VIII etc.

Thought we could start something with little tips for just moving more in your day and being a little more active.

Post your habits here and encourage others to move a bit more in their day.

Recently I’ve been getting up off the sofa and doing 20 squats, 20 push ups and 20 sit ups during TV commercials; nice to keep moving even when I settle down for the night.

The best investment I did in the last six months was to buy a pedometer (fitbit “One”) and lately I invested in a sports watch with heart rate monitor plus strap and GPS device. The first investment of the two REALLY made me move more. The goal is to reach at least 10000 steps a day. This sound easier as it is done and it requires a walk of around 1 hour minimum and quite a bit of moving around for the rest of the day.

This combined with a much (!) better diet got me into the “I want to get super fit and healthy spirit”, which ended in my investment in the second device.

This allows me to track pretty exactly my energy expenditure (calories) used during my workouts, which I do at home. There are tons of very good books out there that teach you how to do weight exercises without weights but only with your own body weight.

Anyhow, long story short…now I work out one hour each day in my “home” gym plus one hour of brisk walk each day. Sunday is my rest day, but I am still doing my walk.

Results: much better body “sculpture”, loss of weight and two VERY happy dogs!

Keep it going!
    Stef.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.