Monday and Wednesday faster needed!!

This topic contains 1,034 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  10lbtogo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 1,035 total)

• You can all call me Elaine if you like, I don’t mind haha.

Homeward straight, strange dinner, but like you said, very filling.

So far so good today ….cup o soup around 2pm and omelette at 6pm. Cross trainer for 25 mins. Feeling the hunger now but it’s because I’m sat watching TV (how good is Corrie at the moment?) think an early shower and early night is in order. I’d paint my nails Goosey but I’ve eaten them i’m so bloomin hungry 😉
    How awful is this weather? I walked to the local shop in it to stop the hunger pangs
    Keep up the good work ladies……can eat tomorrow :)) x

Update- the soup didn’t do it for me. Tiredness took over and had 2 cheesey oat cakes which took me to 510 cals. Will need to have a few low cal days to make up for it.

Michelle- your doing great today! Yeah, Corrie is good just now.

Just started today–going to try M-W and look forward to chatting with you all.

I am sorry if this is such a “newbie” question, but how long until this felt “normal?” I can feel, on my first day, my blood sugar going wonky. I am not diabetic, but I am at my heaviest (180 lbs) and oh boy, I am craving.

Also, does anyone struggle with acid reflux? I am currently medicated for it and am hoping being lighter will help with this problem.
    Thanks!!!!!

What’s quorn? I am from the US and this is a new one to me.

Thanks!

Hi Tldurbin. I suffer terrible with acid reflux but if I take my lanzoprozole daily I’m fine. I don’t find 5:2 makes it worse and being a bit lighter will probably help. As for feeling “normal” after a few fast days it definitely gets easier. I find drinking flavoured water helps me drink more to stop dehydration and a options hot choc can help with the cravings,but let’s face it there’s no substitute for food. Just keep telling yourself you can eat tomorrow and keep imagining your waist shrinking every fast day.
    Lazycat I hope you’re not beating yourself up about 2 cheesy oatcakes? It’s not like you’ve had a Big Mac is it. I’ve just made myself an options hot choc and brought myself to bed. The weather is so bad here…rainy and really windy.
    Nearly there……..woop! Woop!! X

Hi tldurbin and welcome,

It does get alot easier as each fast passes. I am just struggling today. Normally I feel as if I have more energy and better concentration on a fast.

Quorn is a meat substitute from the fungi family which is high in protein, low in fat and low in calories which makes it good for fast days.

Hope that your fasts goes well

It’s vegetarian meat substitute

Michelle,

The weather is awful here too. Are you in Scotland by any chance???

Don’t give in now Lazycat it’s 9pm. You’ve done a fantastic job with only 510 cals . I sometimes have 600 :/

Lazycat I’m in Sheffield. Think I’m going to have a Vit D deficiency if we don’t get some sun soon

Well off to bed now, Well done ladies.

Well not just Scotland that is missing out on the heatwave.

No more munching as going to bed with a book.

Thanks for the support.

Gives us a bit more time to get in our bikinis haha
    Night ladies x

Goodnight and well done all. Lazycat I’m in Scotland too, the weather is awful! Lucky Emma in Spain. – I wonder where Elaine is. 🙂 Goosey x

Thanks everyone–you are very kind.

I will bring some fizzy flavored no-calorie water–that usually works for me. Also, I just went and brushed my teeth, so now my mouth thinks it’s done eating for a while LOL.

have a nice night, it’s only 1:42 pm here–I’m at work.
    Tracy

Where abouts in the U.S are you Tracy?

In Washington State.

Welcome Tracy, I promise it does get easier, just very occasionally we have a hard one, usually our own fault by using calories unwisely.

Yes I am very lucky with the weather here. I’ve been to the beach today, but tomorrow will be working all day. What does everyone else do for a job?.

On a good note, had to tie my bikini tighter than how it was last worn in October!!. I’ll have to get them all out later just to check if they all need retying. On a bad note, my legs don’t look as good as they did, they seem a little wrinkly/loose skiny. Remember, I’m an upside down pear, so they were always my best feature.

Hi all,

Elc, Well done with tightening the bikini. You must be thrilled! Way too soon for me to even think about bikini. Although certainly not the weather for it here.
    I am a community Mental Health Nurse so am quite busy. Luckily Monday-Friday 9.00-5.00 so thankfully no more shift work especially night shift which I hated.

Well totally over my TDEE today as it was someone’s birthday at work and there was home baked cake. Normally decline due to gluten but for some crazy reason accepted. This resulted in very sore bloated belly. However, on a positive note I have planned my dinner for tomorrows fast- slim pasta 20cals and tomato and chilli sauce 60cals. Surely I will manage to stay within my cals for tomorrow.

Good luck for tomorrow

Goosey, still awful weather today. When do you think us Scottish girls will get some sun!

Hi all. 2lb loss this week. Would love to get rid of another 10 though! Not had a bad day food wise,didn’t eat until 2pm so had about a 36 hr fast. Not stuffed my face either today. Emma I’m so jealous of you hitting the beach and your bikini being looser. Have you tried dry brushing your skin???Planned my dinner tomorrow…sea bass and roasted veg.
    After years working in fx and banking I decided to cut loose and now work for myself private cleaning. I love it and it keeps me relatively active.

Hi,

Well done Michelle. What a great loss! U have given me hope and motivation. Although it may not be this week due to the weekend I had. No girlie nights out for a few weeks so I hope that keeps me on track. I am hoping that the slim pasta tastes okay though I plan to stick in extra chilli and garlic in preparation for the worst. Just sounds too good to be true. Extra chilli works wonders

Hi All,
    Big well done Michell, 2lb FAB. I love cleaning and sorting- strange but true.

Hi Tracy, welcome .

Lazycat I just wish,wish wish for some sun and warm!

Emma, my boobs have shrunk or I should say withered and drooped so much I was unsure how I could possibly measure them, I ended up bending at the waist and measuring my chest with them hanging pendulusly ( is that a word) but it’s still worth it, I am hoping for a bit of consolidation over time.

Just had savoury quorn mince, green beans and cauliflower mash- I am stuffed, – lovely. Goosey x

Hi Goosey,

Quorn is the way to go! Pity that I like cheese and crackers or oat cakes just as much. May do another fast on top of Wednesday or at the very least very low cal days Thursday and Friday.

Hi All,
    I have returned from my holiday and have been reading up on how well you have all been doing – well done everyone. I put on a few pounds while away (too much wine and rum) but am hoping that I will be pre-holiday weight on Friday’s weigh in.

I’ve been really loving the Slim Pasta and rice – I made a lovely chickpea curry to eat with the rice and this evening, even though it’s not a fast day, I had a quorn and vegetable stir fry with the slim noodles. It was a MASSIVE plate of food for only 287 calories, which left me room for a dessert of natural yoghurt and raspberries.
    I think the Eat Water range is amazing, even if they do take some getting used to.

I am not vegetarian but all my fast day seems to be veggie as you get so much more food for your cals that way.

I’ve bought a spirilaser so want to try and make courgette noodles this week. Has anyone done this?

Good luck those fasting tomorrow.
    Emma

Thanks all. It’s taken a while to get that off but I’m determined it’s not coming back. Lazycat I think that’s why it’s taken me a while to shift as I’ve had lots of nights out since Easter.
    Goosey I’m lmho at imagining you trying to measure your boobs 🙂
    I had strawberry melon and Greek yoghurt with honey for desert today and not even a fast day.
    Hoping I have a good fast again tomorrow. Must get round to getting that slim pasta!! I’ve been told you have to rinse it a fair bit first.
    Good luck tomorrow ladies x

I’m looking forward to my second fast day. I have to rely on lean deli meats–I tend toward anemia–but I got through say one and was quite happy. I did want to got to bed at 9pm though, just to be done with my day haha.
    Sounds like this works really well. Ups and downs are normal, but I’m too damn short for the weight I’ve added over the years.
    Do you all have size goals, or weight goals? What’s your motivation, if I may be so bold?
    Tracy

Hi there,
    I am new to this and today is my first fast day. A few hunger pangs going on, but I am determined to wait till dinner time to have my chicken with a big yummy salad.
    Wish me luck 🙂

Good luck!! It’s nice to have nice people to share with.

Elc–I work at my local state university. I’m a program coordinator for conditional admit freshmen.

Hi all, Wednesday again.

Have my day planned out, working and eating wise.

Little tip for anyone who eats a lot of chicken, switch to turkey, 60cals less per 100g.

Tracy, one of my students spent the summer in Washington, and my daughter is going in November for a holiday.

Goosey, I measure boobs with a bra on, got to be easier than your way, but it did make me laugh.

Mardi, hunger pangs are good.

Lazy, you should work for quorn marketing. I must admit love everything I’ve tried, except the chicken bits, I really don’t like the texture.

Michelle, when I lived in England I worked in banking, great job, great money but so stressful. So we sold up and moved here.

It wasn’t easy, we all had a really hard first year learning the language, kids came home from school crying everyday, then it settled and couldn’t be happier.

Hi Guys

Can I join you, I have been doing this since January and my losses are still there but slowing down. I am pleased with loss so far but would like to shift 1 more stone if possible. I tend to fast Monday and Friday unless work and kids don’t work well with that. On my second fast day today and weighing in tomorrow. Going to try this for tea with no cal noodles and a bit of broccoli.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2283414

Fingers crossed for tomorrow and hoping I have the stamina to avoid a sneaky glass of wine tonight.

SOrry that should be Monday and Wednesday!

Hey all so far so good I’ve been too busy to even think about food. Was supposed to be having sea bass but I think it might have gone off so just put a little bit of honey on fresh salmon ready to bake it with some veggies.
    Emma I agree it was so stressful in banking (I was in mortgages) and the targets were ridiculous. Sounds like you’ve found a great balance. Where in Spain are you?
    Welcome Mardi yes the hunger pangs are good and like I said on here before it’s not hunger it’s your tummy cleaning itself …lol Good luck for the rest of the day 🙂
    Tracy I’ve always been a skinny who ate vast amounts of food but when I hit my 30’s and stopped smoking I gained a bit of weight. I’m not huge I’m a UK 14 but I have a jelly belly which bothers me. Trying to get to around 10st so only 11 lbs to go :/
    Welcome Izzy,you can have your wine tomorrow 🙂 x

Hi all and welcome Mardi and Izzy.

Emmabarth- plan to have slim pasta tonight. Smells slightly better than the rice. Thanks for your thoughts on it, you have given me hope that they taste ok.

Tidurbin, I am glad that your fast was easier

Michelle, I would like to lose 10lbs but would absolutely love to lose slightly more. Being only lacking in the height dept every extra lb really shows on me. Like you I was quite petite, until around 30yrs I could fit in to an age 12-13yrs. Not now!!

How has everyone done today? I have been starving on and off all day. Didn’t help being in the office all morning.

Hi all,

Of course you can join us Izzy.

I’m having a good day, just finished work, and still not eaten anything, 2 coffees with milk, so have 420 cals for dinner.

well folks here is the update on slim pasta. It was great! Big bowl 200grms pasta 18 cals, tomato and chilli sauce 40 cals and mushrooms at 15cals. Added extra chilli which nearly blew my head off. However, a good big hearty bowl for just under 80cals. Delighted!! Back to Holland and Barrett for me at the weekend. Total cals so far today 120cals. Plan to try the slim noodles in a stir fry tomorrow. Think that I will be using the slim products more often especially on fast days.

Now promoting Slim pasta and quorn. Think that they should be paying me.

Hope everyone is doing ok

Hello all!

Sounds like you are all very creative!

I have sprained my ankle terribly–can’t fast till I am off ibuprofen. 🙁 next week I’m back at it. Going to try and eat lightly this week and continue to wean off sugar. Worst thing about first fast day was the sugar withdrawal headache!

Best of luck–see you in a few days!

Tidurbin, that’s awful about your ankle. I hope that the pain eases soon.Oh I have a bit of a sweet tooth, love a piece of chocolate! I can totally empathise with you although I have just reduced how much I have but there are times when I go on a bit of a sugar binge. Take care for now and keep us all updated on how you are doing.

Welcome new folks, Tidurbin,Izzy,Mardi, welcome back Emmab,
    I hope everyone has had a good day. Thankfully I have had a busy, busy day, I’ve been to the safari park, with my grandson, great fun.
    Only had tea and one coffee until dinner, then had Cauly mash, spinach and cod in tomato sauce, very huge portion but well in calorie wise, do you think volume is detrimental? I would love to hear your thoughts.
    Goosey x

Hi Goosey, Yeah I am with you in the good day camp. Makes a change as I am normally on the naughty step on a fast day. Although I am probably the wrong person to ask but I would say as long as your meal was good cal wise who cares about volume. At least you will not be going to bed with a rumbling tummy. Sounds nice and healthy. This is the first fast in ages that I am under my cals and not totally starving, and like you felt as if I had loads to eat. Am loving it!

Only had salmon and quarter of sweet potato at 6pm. Just had melon strawberries and Greek yoghurt. 17 mins on the cross trainer. My friend works at H&B so can get 25% off the slim pasta and rice so will put my order in.
    Sorry to hear about your ankle Tracy,try and eat lightly until you can fast again. Drink the flavoured fizzy water it helps with the sugar craving.
    Loving the sound of your dinner Lazycat…..even though I’m not vegetarian.
    Glad you had a good day at the safari park Goosey, i would think your dinner was fine even if it was a large portion.
    Nearly bedtime with my options hot chocolate……..having white chocolate one tonight.
    Rock n roll lifestyle eh?? 😉
    Thinking of my lunchtime sandwhich tomorrow already x

Hi all,
    You’re all sounding like you’ve had a successful day, I have too. Nice quorn chilli with cous cous followed by a Greek yoghurt.
    Really does work to keep busy.

Same here I’m usually on the naughty step but well under my calories today. Been drinking loads too. Stocked up on flavoured water and that’s helping. Not feeling hungry either but am looking forward to my lunch tomorrow. Im hoping I’m back into the swing of it now….fingers crossed!

Thanks everyone,
    I didn’t make it yesterday, but today I am on track and determined to hang out for my fish and salad dinner. Your comments and words of welcome, have encouraged me, not to mention the news that tummy rumbles are good!
    Having a big family reunion next week, so prepping food yesterday was just too tempting and I fell off the wagon. Today I am in charge, and keeping a tight hold of the reins.
    Thanks for the support.
    So good to read of other’s successful diet days too. This is the first forum I have been on, and I think it’s going to be very beneficial 🙂

Hi All,
    Under cals yesterday, waited till dinner to have anything and even though I had the biggest plateful, it was mainly veg.( I am quite into Cauly mash, or Cauly rice.) went to bed feeling v.happy.

It is our wedding anniversary this weekend so having a few treats, planning light on the cals today and tomorrow, although looking forward to a glass of vino tonight
    Goosey X

Hi all,

Bad news, 2lb up. Suppose it was the long weekend to blame. Well can’t do anything about it now, so no point stressing.

Today or tomorrow will be a 1000cal day for sure, no excuses this week.

Goosey, can you tell me how to make the cauliflower mash and rice please. I once saw Jamie oliver do something similar.

Any new people, please don’t get disheartened by my gain, I was a pig all weekend, and it’s my time of the month.

Sorry for your gain Emma, but great attitude –
    Cauly Mash Recipe
    Steam Cauly floretts until soft or
    Roast in the oven for about 25 mins (my favourite )
    Add a dollop of Philly or anything else sort of creamy.
    Blend with stick blender or pop in the processor.
    Add chives, or any other flavour you fancy.
    Cauly Rice
    Process raw Cauly with S blade until rice like.
    Fry chopped onion and peppers if you like in a little bit of olive oil til soft about 10 mins, add rice continue to fry till cauly soft -ish about another 10 mins. Add a little stock/water if gets too dry, I like a little curry powder in if its for a curry.
    You can add whatever you like really to both recipies.
    Hope you enjoy, Good luck all. Goosey x

Emma I never ever get weighed when I get my period as it just depresses me. You can’t get a true indication as we retain fluid x

Cauly rice, just read it through and I should have said, when you add the rice to onion mix put a lid on, it steams / fries it. Goosey x

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 1,035 total)

You must be logged in to reply.