Monday and Wednesday faster needed!!

This topic contains 1,034 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  10lbtogo 6 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,035 total)

• Morning All , Sorry for the absence. Will spend some time today catching up.
    Very well done Elc 1lb off, especially after last weeks success, but I am most envious of your waist reduction, mine just WILL NOT move!
    Michell is right Lazycat1/2 lb is nothing to worry about, keep on going honey.

I had the family to stay last weekend, had dauphinoise potatoes- my one weakness! What is it I have said about carbs – not bothered about them, -rubbish. I thought O.K no dessert as my lot don’t have sweet tooth, so did cheese board instead – it didn’t get eaten so have had the devil Gorgonzola ect, ect, all my favourites in the fridge all week!! triple wrapped in cling film and shut in a Tupperware but it still calls my name, will be invoking the maggot thoughts, thanks Randi.
    So no weight loss for me on Monday but have been v.v. good all week, so hopefully next Mon will be o.k.

Have this lovely party to look forward to a week today, it’s a friends 60th and I so wanted to get her the right pressy, I think I found it in a local antique market, so am feeling really chuffed with that – I hope she likes it.

Onward and downward girls,
    Good Luck to all Goosey X

Hi Michelle,

I weighed myself last then measured myself. In total 8 lbs off, 1 inch off bust and waist so not all bad since starting in April. Some days I do great then others the crazy head is on and I am nibbling on rubbish all day. Well I should say evening as that it my tricky times.

Hi all,
    Lazy, It is only half a pound, but I do know how crappy it feels when the scales go the wrong way. Michelle is right about measuring, I only recently started, but now I do it every week and write it down.

Goosey, great to see you back.

I’m thinking of having a 1000cal day on either a Friday or Saturday, it just seems such a long time, Thursday to Monday pigging myself, if I threw a healthy day into the mix might shift these last 5 lbs!!. I always tend to feel crappy on the Sundays anyway. I’d still be able to have a drink with 1000cals.

What are your opinions.

I’ve just reread through all are posts, we don’t half sound like a bunch of alcoholics!!!

Totally agree about maybe having a 1000 calorie day. I was thinking to myself yesterday it seems a long time from Thursday to Monday. It’s bank holiday this week!!! Is everyone sticking to their usual Monday fast or moving it round. I’m going to try and stick to it because I say I’ll swap it round when what will really happen is I’ll only fast Wednesday 🙁
    Have a great bank holiday everyone 🙂

Lazycat that’s fabulous. It took me 6 months to lose a stone but it was the tape measure that gave me the real story. Keep at it you’re doing great x

1000 cal day sounds like a great idea, count me in.
    Family for lunch tomorrow but will stick to FD Mon/Tues and do 1000 Wed. I am going to feed them the lurking cheese.
    I think I need smaller wine glasses, decided to measure wine out 125 ml barely wet the bottom of mine, don’t panic that was yesterday not this morning- honest.

It’s not bank holiday where I am, worse luck. So will still be doing Monday, I have exactly the same problem switching days, if I don’t do Monday I never manage 2 days.

I’m going to put in the effort this time…and I’ve got a walk planned with a friend. Ordered some of those zero noodles and pasta for fast days to have with my home made bolognaise. Getting the tape measure out on Monday for the first time since last year as I’m not getting hung up on the number on the scales. My weight fluctuates dramatically especially 10 days either side of my period

Hi all,

Think that I will join those who are doing the 1000 cal/day on a couple of the non fast days in hope that the scales move in the right direction again.

Yeah I know what you mean Elc about us being very alcohol focused. Just means that we are a fun bunch! Talking of alcohol, the gin is calling me on sunny days like today. May have a cheeky one in the garden later.

Welcome back Goosey

If any of you have groupon, they’re doing an offer on the bare naked noodles.

Hi All, What a llovely sunny warm day we are having I hope you are all too. Just had a glass of sparkles in the garden. Delightful .
    Goosey x

Morning all,

Sober Saturday for me so am up bright and bushy tailed (more like bushy big hair). Plan to do some cooking today and make big pot of quorn chilli in preparation for fast days.
    Also think that I may try the slim pasta is week so will let you know what it is like. If anyone has used this before then please let me know what it is like. My nose is still in shock about the smell of the slim rice, although it did taste okay and smell disappeared once rinsed and cooked.

No bank holiday for me so fasting on Monday as usual.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Good morning all, after an indulgent weekend I am astonished to find I have lost 11/2lb and 1 ” off my waist. It has taken three weeks to get the scales to move but I am thrilled!
    I had to go and buy new bras last week, thankfully a lovely lady in M&S took charge or I think I would have left with nothing, – no longer have wayward boobs and back fat ! (quite a bit of loose skin and wrinkles, but hell I am not going to complain).
    Will be fasting today, Tues and 1000cals Wed, hopefully that will offset what I know will be another indulgent weekend next weekend ( my friends birthday ).
    Good luck to you all, enjoy bank holiday if your off, Goosey

Great news goosey.

Hope you’re all enjoying your bank holiday, and that the suns shining for you.

I’m working today, but only 3 hours, so can’t really complain. Got all my food sorted out for the day as well. I’m a bit hungry now, but I’m not making the same mistake I made last week, I need my calories for the evening.

Ok so I’ve fallen off the wagon already 🙁
    On a positive note I have done some fast exercise ( recommend downloading the app)
    Well done Goosey. I have had the tape measure out today and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be but improvements to be made. Think I’m going to struggle this week as my period due :/
    Will try to make better choices if I can’t stick to my fast but not making any promises 😉
    Good luck everyone hope you do better than me

Hi,

Well done Goosey! It is lovely to have you back.

Been okay so far today and really going to try this week as last week I was up 1/2 lb and the week before on change.

Michelle- Well done for the exercise, your doing better than me. We all fall off the wagon at some point but we all get back on it. Am sure that you will be fine as the week has just began.

Like Elc I save my cals for the evening. Quorn chillie and a slice of toast. Can’t wait until around 7.00 for my dinner.

Good luck everyone

Thanks to all for your kind words and encouragement. Today has been hard but successful on the food front. We have had a beautiful day here today so spent quite a while gardening and cleaning, but I am afraid that is it on the exercise front! I just can’t get seem to get my head around doing something a little more strenuous, well done to those of you who do! My usual FD evening routine is- brush my teeth an early bath and paint my nails- no cracker crumbs stuck to these little digits. Nearly there for today ladies,
    Good luck to all Goosey x

Hi all,
    Today is going to be really easy or really hard, cant decide which.

I will be at the hospital all day, if I stay away from the bar just outside the front door, should be ok, if I smell their freshly baked bread, I’m in trouble.

Good luck everyone.x

Struggling today for some reason, however have managed to stick to fluids only. Can’t wait until 7.00 and I can have dinner.

Can I ask you all if you stick to 500 cals on fast days or have 1/4 of your TDEE? My TDEE is lower than 500 cals.

Hope your fasts are going well

Hello all,
    Hope you had a easy one Elc72, bread, wine, mmmm! Good Luck with that! Fingers crossed for your weigh day tomorrow it is getting harder as we are getting nearer.

Did you enjoy your dinner lazycat? Well done for getting through the day.

As to TDEE – my allowance is 1413, FD 353. I keep trying different strategies, currently – one day zero calories, second day 350 ish then a couple of low days, so that is usually Mon- Thurs evening, I am working on a weekly cal allowance of 7771 and I can assure you even restricting myself at weekends I can get through the rest of them without any trouble. I am always interested to hear what others do.
    Onward and downward, Goosey X

Hi all,

Goosey, my TDEE is much the same. No way could I do zero cals and ma struggle with with 350. Sounds like you are doing great. Am sure that it will continue to show on the scales and measurements.

I ended up eating 640 cals today as was really hungry. Will need to try and create a bigger deficit for the remainder of the week. However, there is talk of another girls night out which usually results in drinking my weight in gin and munching rubbish during a 2 day hangover. Anyway I am hoping for a sprinkle of magic fairy dust for those scales.

Well it turned out not too bad.

Couldn’t find anything to eat that had the calorie content on, so just had a ham sandwich all day. Lots of water and diet coke, didn’t get home till after midnight, so went straight to bed.

Weigh in today, stayed the same, was bound to happen, as had 2 weeks with a loss, so I’m not bothered.

Tdee question, doesn’t really affect me, my tdee is 1963 so a quarter is pretty much 500 anyway. If possible I try to stay under.

Hi all,

Sorry I am full of questions these days and here is another one. Have any of you experienced constipation the day after a fast? Initially I was fine but over the past couple of weeks it has become a bit of a problem. It is putting me off attempting a 3rd fasting day. Sorry about the subject and over sharing.

Hi lazycat Oooooh Yes it’s a problem. Found the best thing was Fybogel, they do two types you want the one without senockot. I have also been having chia seeds for breakfast, if you liked tapioca as a child you will love this, have a look on line, they are so good for you. I soak them the night before in coconut milk and vanilla extract then have them with yogurt, fresh fruit and walnuts on top, my favourite breakfast.

Elc72, that was an awful long day at the hospital, hope all is well, a ham sandwich all day must count as another FD.
    I don’t expect to have any loss next week with going away for the weekend, but hopefully this weeks effort has given me a couple of pounds in the bank.
    Hope you all have a lovely weekend, Goosey X

Hi Goosey, will give it a try. I did like tapioca as a child but not had it in ages. Will be like a trip down memory lane. Thanks for the tips.

I don’t think I’d know if I had constipation, as only go about once a week, and if away from home, can’t go at all.

Goosey, it was a fast day anyway, was just hoping that a ham sandwich came in under 400 cals, I would think it would.

I get so jealous, of all the food items you can get so easily in England, probably the only thing I miss. I can get a few bits from an English shop, but I’m sure I’m paying double. For example, the frozen bag of quorn mince is 5 euros, how much do you pay for it Lazy?.

I can’t get the slim noodles, or bare naked noodles at all, visitors have to bring them for me.

Good luck with your weigh in today lazy, whens yours Goosey?. How you getting on Michelle?

Hi all, had a shocking week. Not fasted at all. My hubby been off work this week and my time of the month. I suffer with low blood pressure and anaemia during my period and really struggle so I gave up. What a let down. On the plus side I’ve got my cross trainer out of the garage and will try to redeem myself a bit. Weather is absolutely shocking today. Re constipation,it’s not something I suffer with but I don’t “go” everyday either but I’ve always been like that.
    I’ve promised myself I’m going to do better next week. Wish me luck.
    Have a great weekend everyone x

Hi all,

well weight remained the same again. However, am not surprised as I had a pizza for dinner last night, which gave me a sore stomach. Note to self not to eat too much after a fast day. On top of constipation it was not good. May eat soup on fast days and see how it goes.

Goosey, I am around the same TDEE as you. Will need to try and lower my cals on fast days and see how that goes. Wouldn’t do any harm if I reduced cals on non fast day. The pattern appears to be just under 500 cals fast days, under 1200 couple of days then a good all munch, anything goes other days. Need to be more disciplined.

Elc, what a shocking price for quorn. I usually get a big bag for around £2.00. At least you didn’t gain any lbs.

Miclelle, I have those weeks too when you just can,t get motivated to stick to your plan. Never mind there is always next wee.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend

Lazy, staying the same is OK we can live with that.

Terrible day for me yesterday, good all day, then a massive amount of food in the evening and a full bottle of wine!. Sneaky weigh this morning 7lb up!!. Bit of a shock, then realised my period had also arrived, so double whammy.

I would be very shocked to see any kind of a loss this week, but I’ll try anyway.

How’s everyone else doing.

Hi Elc72, I had a lovely day yesterday at my friends 60th birthday, she always does an amazing buffet, which I grazed for 5 hours, followed by a chilli, and of course drank her health. Thank goodness I have no scales here. i have already had breakfast, so a FD is out of the question, I think I will eat lightly, no carbs or sugar. My weigh day is tomorrow. No chance of a walk this morning as it is pouring down.
    Good luck Goosey x

Hi all, I have no intention of going on the scales this week.
    Really lost my motivation last week. Went out for a couple of meals,cheese and biscuits for supper,McDonald’s donut. …..etc
    Got to get back into it and I’ve done it before and I can do it again. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway. Need to lose a stone for end of September but believe me it’s not easy when you love food as much as I do 🙁
    Elc I never go near the scales when my period is due as I can also go up as much as 5lb and even though it’s only water weight it can be really depressing.
    I’m planning plenty of water tomorrow and an omelette and maybe a cup o soup.
    Good luck tomorrow ladies x

Did anyone manage a 1000cal day over the week. I know I didn’t!!, and it was my idea!!!.

I just cant keep control on nf days, I get to 7pm on 300cals or less, then it all goes out the window at dinner time. I’m on 80cals at the moment, will be going out all afternoon, no food, but I’m sure when I get home I’ll pick all night. Must admit that the scales scared me a bit this morning, so maybe that will reel me in, but with a fast day tomorrow, I know I will have a drink.

Hi all,

I was well over 1000cals/day over the weekend. Probably drank those 1000 cals in gin. Very hungover earlier so have munched on rubbish and been very lazy. Well another week and I appear to be saying the same old stuff- going to really try this week, going to go to gym or running and going to control my cal intake. Hope some of it actually happens this week.

Bought the prune juice and love it, nice and sweet. Also bought Psyllium husk capsules which appear to have helped get thing moving.

Good luck for tomorrow

Tried not to over eat today. Had 25 mins on the cross trainer and 10 mins with free weights. Just had to have some chocolate. Hope I can be good tomorrow. I have a positive mind set today so hope that sticks tomorrow. Got a busy Monday and Wednesday so that’s a good start x

Good Morning All,
    Weigh day and Lost 1 lb don’t know how, but I’m not complaining or getting back on the scales to double check.

Glad you got your little prob sorted lazycat, where did you buy your Phyllium capsules? That’s the effective ingredient in fybrogel but capsules would be easier to take than that awful drink.

Good luck Michelle and Elc and all others fasting today. Goosey x

im back off my holiday and im ready to start the diet again. ive gained 2 pounds in nearly 2 weeks. has anyone got any tips because at the moment i feel like ive lost all my motivation to get going again?

HANNAH 2lb in 2 weeks, that’s very little. I bet it’s off by your next weigh day.

I’m not even having a coffee this morning, going to stay on water until dinner, if I can!!.

And well done goosey, think you’re the only one to lose this week.

Well done Goosey that’s fab!! So far so good for me today,only had a cup o soup. Hannah only 2lb? I can put that on in a day lol.
    Looking forward to my omelette later ..NOT!!
    Going on the cross trainer in a while for at least 20 mins.
    Good luck everyone and ignore the rumbling tummy as it means its cleaning itself (that’s what I read anyway ;)) WE CAN DO THIS!! 🙂 x

so far so good, only 50cals used

Hi all,

Goosey, great news not your weight loss, you have done really well! I got the psyliium husk capsules in Holland and Barrett -2 capsules 3 times daily. The combo of them and prune juice is going well. Am just grudging the 120 cals for large glass of the prune juice on a fast.

Hannah, I agree with the others and think that you will lose the 2lb by next weigh in day.

I have really struggled today due to ever lasting hangover, just want to eat stodge. Managed to keep to fluids only so far. Have big bowl of home made lentil soup and my prune juice so should be under 400 cals. Will need to go for a very early night to stop munching. Today I think that gin is the devils juice rather the the drink of the Gods.

I’m having the strangest dinner, scrambled eggs chicken and broccoli. Weird eh

Sounds filling. I am not sure that soup is going to do it for me tonight despite it being like winter tonight. What is everyone else having for dinner?

What happened to summer and the heat wave! It is freezing, wet and blowing a gale.

Hi All,
    Welcome home Hannah, well I would say very well done only 2 lb in 2 weeks on holiday, that’s marvellous in my book! I hope you have just got back on with it and had a FD today and plan for another on Wednesday -you can do it!

Lazycat and Elaine you sound as if you are both doing really well today, Lazycat perhaps you just need a little bit more practice with the gin. 🙂

Michelle I think I must have a very,very clean tummy as its rumbling and grumbling away.

I am doing my usual only water, tea, and coffee today for me, early bath, paint my nails and go to bed early.
    Goosey x

Think I need a little bit more practice at limiting the amount of gin that I pour down my greedy throat. Thankfully I am home from work and in my jim jams. Why do hangovers get worse with age? I would have thought that the amount of practice I have had at drinking gin I would be fighting fit the next day rather than feeling awful for days. Was lucky to remember my own name today. No gin for me for a few weeks.

Hope everyone’s fast goes well today.

Must admit I’m lucky with hang overs, when I do get them, I can’t eat anything.

Goosey, I’m Emma by the way, I was wondering who Elaine was then thought that must be me!!

So sorry Emma I have no idea why I called you Elaine! Goosey x

Oh that made me laugh for the first time today!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,035 total)

You must be logged in to reply.