Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,851 through 4,900 (of 5,077 total)

• Hi ladies,

Nice to see some “chatting” finally going on here (Esther, ahem! I wasn’t one of the silent majority! 😉 I was trying to keep it alive here!)

I’m with you Tilly on that roller coaster ride…for me it’s up 1-3 lbs and back down all in the course of 2-4 weeks. Oh well, better than the continuous uphill climb, right?

Hi Elizbeth (Carolina), Glad to hear you’re not dead! Yes, I’m interested to know, what is the apple squash European reference? I’m not on HRT. I’m 10 years post menopause so I don’t think they recommend it if you’ve not started following the first year or two after menopause? Anyhow, for the most part I don’t think I need it anymore, except for maybe vanity (keeping skin nice) and maybe longevity? I’m seeing a new naturopath next week and it will be interesting to get his take on it all.

Hey Lori, Yeah the skin that’s left after the fat has left is discouraging! The weight lifting should help I’d think, but you’re already so fit with the Boot Camps you do! Yes, off to Hawaii again for 12 days for some alone “bliss” before the rest of the family joins me for the Thanksgiving holiday, so I’ll be there just under a month total.

Good luck again Beady and Time to Change! I think you’ll see more success with the lower carb way of eating when not fasting. And darn it, Beady! Don’t you just hate it when those carbs just fly into your mouth! 😉 Seriously, I have a hard time with them too!

Esther, congrats on the new jobs! And the travel too! That makes it more fun and interesting I bet!

Just back today from getting my gastro issues checked out. Had to do the fecal test this morning and a pelvic ultra sound. Keep me in your prayers please that it’s figured out quickly (before I leave next week) and that it’s not anything major…I can deal with a bug of some sort, but a blockage…eeek!

Have a good day all! 🙂

Sherry

Beady, yes, I’m in North Carolina in the States, in the mountain area.

I have tried riced cauliflower, etc. I’m lazy and buy it frozen usually, though!!! I like it. I’m trying to retrain my tastes and I’m having a tiny bit of success….I feel turned off much sooner when I eat crackers or something like that.

Esthi, what type of marketing do you do? I do some of our company’s marketing and have a background in copy writing among other things. Some of the technical side of it is difficult for me though. I’ve been working a bit more lately and it’s making it harder for me to walk enough.

Lori, while I need to lose weight, it’s the flabby skin that just kills me.

14 days until Florida holiday… 10 pounds down, 5 to go. Still doing the low carb plan for now, until I get to Florida – 3 weeks, staying in Naples with family. I read the book yesterday, so ready for 5:2 when I start it in FL. The low carb plan is very much like fasting every day as my calorie intake is low hence quick weight loss, so hoping the FD transition will be easy.

With the combination of 1. I do not like to eat a lot in warm weather and 2. our hostess is a health nut, I am not expecting a gain.

Still loving the high energy levels!! honestly, are carbs sedatives or what!?

Good luck, Sherry, with the tests!!! I have yet to do the colon screening, but I’ve decided on the cologuard. I have no family history and eat a friendly diet and it’s accuracy is in the ball park….If I’m correct, squash is the concentrated juice added to water. I do have tart cherry juice that I use similarly.

Beady, have a blast in Florida!!!

I am somewhat encouraged in that I’ve managed to move my “set point” weight a teeny tiny bit…usually I’ll dip down and then pop back up!!! I’ll try not to blow it this weekend!!

ARM FLAB got you down?

Ha ha – hate it!! why does it happen? Anyway, in January, I started my mission of “I will wear sleeveless tops in FL and I have to say, with diet and arm exercises, I WILL wear sleeveless tops in FL. I still have a remaining little pocket of fab, but all in all, my arms are ok.

Exercise: Google “Using weights to lose bingo wings” – heavier the weight the better, but do build up to it.

Smoked salmon chunks and cherry tomatoes for lunch yummmm

Hi all,

Busy day for me- I’m having the relatives over tonight for my three girls’ combined birthdays (all in November but we will be in HI so moving the party up). I have a giant extended family that’s getting bigger monthly as new babies (great nieces and nephews) are getting added to the mix! So, we will be getting five giant pizzas & Caesar salads from Costco and ice cream cakes from Baskin Robbins. I’m going to make a yummy dark chocolate “paleo” cake for those of us who want a bit healthier option (still a lot of calories in that cake, mind you!). I’m sticking to a salad and a sliver of my chocolate cake!

This weekend in general will be a challenge for me. Not only my party tonight but a great niece’s 1st bday tomorrow and a beach party for another great nephew who will be in town from the East Coast on Sunday. Yeesh! Anyhow, I’m thinking of starting my 4 day cleanse tomorrow to get it in before I leave for HI on Thursday. I’ll just have to be strong and abstain from all the goodies!

Hey Beady, yep bat wings are a bummer! What I hate even more is the skin crepe-iness that’s happening around my elbows and knees. I just purchased a micro needling tool online and it should be here soon. It’s the latest buzz (Allure magazine winner) for helping the skin repair itself/look firmer. It looks like a small lawn aerator! Very small needles on a roller tool that you roll over your face/body any which way, causing micro “trauma” to the skin so it rallys to repair itself. Sounds worse than it is! No blood involved! Before and afters I saw were pretty amazing. So, hoping to get it before I leave for HI. I will report back on the results…maybe I’ll only do one half of my body/face if I’m brave to see if there’s a difference! 😉 Ahhh, getting older…ya gotta love it!

Ok, time to prep for party. Hoping also I get some news from my doc re: the gastro tests today. It would be a miracle to get the results back this early, but here’s hoping!

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Sherry

Add me in for crepe-y skin….my hands look as if I’m 70. I personally think it’s sun damage. My mom never went in the sun and she had great skin. I should have listened to her when she told me not to get a tan, haha. Sherry do let us know how the tool works!!!

Beady, glad you had some luck with the arms. In a way that is what gets me down because I always had skinny arms until recently.

I’m fairly happy with how this week went. If I can keep it up and not blow it over the weekend, I’ll be making progress at least. I’ve decided that crackers are the devil….they SEEM better than chips but they’re not really, haha. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Hey everyone,

Thought I’d drop in and say hi before I leave for Hawaii tomorrow…busy packing right now. I’ve got 12 days of peaceful solitude to relax and do whatever I want until my family arrives mid-November. Usually I go on my own for 15-17 days, but oh well! 😉

I just finished my cleanse…added an extra day today to make it a total of five instead of the four days I normally do! I was back down to my goal range (115-117) today at 117.8 lbs! I haven’t been in the “range” since Spring time, so it was nice to see that number again. Hoping adding that extra day in will show favorably on the scales tomorrow.

Oh, in follow up to doc visits/tests, no bugs on board (that the regular doc checks for at least) and no blockages in the ol’ intestines. I think it’s a condition called SIBO and so does the naturopath I went to yesterday, but that’s determined by a breath test that I will try to get done through the GI doc I have an appt. with on 12/12. He also wants to do a more thorough fecal test. In the meantime, the naturopath is having me take stuff to clean out the liver and kidneys in prep for the eventual destruction and removal of whatever is actually “bugging” me!

Elizabeth, the microneedle face/body roller came today. I’ll be trying it out in Hawaii and see if I get any good results…I’ll report back!

How’s everyone doing with their fasting and life in general?

I’ll try to pop in as I’m able while in Hawaii. Have a good rest of the week, ladies!

Sherry

Sherry, have a safe trip to Hawaii and enjoy your days of solitude. Hope you get rid of whatever is “bugging” you! Sounds like you’ve had lots of tests already. The micro needle thing sounds “interesting”…..and a little painful! Wonder if it would work for my saggy upper arms? Since I lost the last 10-15 lbs, my arms are not looking good. I guess the saggy skin is better than fat.

I’ve not been as strict on my Keto plan lately as I need to be. I need to stop the treats and get serious. I would like to lose another 10 lbs, so need to get on it. Here comes more saggy skin, I suppose. Sigh….

Hope you’re all having a good week!

Hi all,

Got in to Hawaii yesterday and got some shopping for healthy groceries done & a good walk in. I guess all that moving and not too much eating resulted in a good loss, down to 116.8! I’m hoping I can keep it off as we head into the holidays. It will get harder when my family gets in to town in a week and a half since there will no doubt be more eating out happening.

President Trump flew in to Hawaii today and his motorcade actually drove right in front of my condo-when I saw them closing down the street, I waited and was able to get photos of the motorcade, but obviously not the president since the windows are all darkened. Still cool though!

Tomorrow my business is donating to/helping out with the Hawaii Parkinson’s Walk. I’m going to be in the group from our office that’s doing the walking while others staff our information table. Luckily, it’s being held in the park across the street from me!

Lori, I saw some good “befores & “afters” on crepey arm and leg skin, as well as faces using the tool so I’m hopefull! And, it’s really not painful- needles are micro small. You can google the procedure and see what you think. I know what you mean about the need to get back on track…that’s how I felt about my eating after this past summer and the reason I started getting more serious over the last few months. I didn’t want to go into the holidays with extra “poundage”on my body & then potentially gain more!

Ok , got to get to bed so I can get up early tomorrow. Have a great weekend girls!

Hi! Popping in for a mid-week check in.

I’ve been mixing business & pleasure- a lot of walking by the beach and some work/ visiting clients. Trying hard to maintain that loss that got me into the 116 lbs range and it hasn’t been very easy- not able to eat much and stay there so we will see. Hoping my body starts to settle in there & then I’ll start to gradually up the food intake. I’m just trying to keep calories low too until the family gets into town next week when I know it will be harder to eat well!

Ok, it’s a pleasure day today- heading to my favorite Hawaii beach, Kailua, for a nice walk, then lunch & some grocery shopping at Whole Foods out there.

How is everyone out there holding up? Hope to hear from you all this week!

Aloha, 🏝

Sherry

Hi Sherry,

I’m picturing you walking on a beautiful beach in the sun while I’m sitting here freezing! Brrrr! The cold weather has gotten here and I’m not liking it AT ALL!

Since you’re having trouble staying at the goal weight you have set for yourself, you may have to adjust that number up a bit to suit your body. If you simply cannot eat much at all in order to sustain that number, it may just be too low for you. I know we all get that certain number in our heads, but our bodies will fight us and that’s no fun at all! Good luck in finding that “happy place”.

I’m up early, as usual, but I had a late night last night. I didn’t get home from my part-time job until after 10 and it was going on 11 until I went to bed. That makes a short night when you get up at 4:30! I’m not going to try to go to boot camp this morning. I’m tired and it’s cold and dark outside. There is a class at Noon today, may hit that one.

Still holding my own on the weight loss. The scale was up a couple pounds at the beginning of the week, but I’ve lost a couple pounds to get it back down to where it seems to like to be. I keep thinking I’d like another 10 lbs off, but it just doesn’t seem to be happening. Not stressing over it…if I stay where I am, I won’t be too disappointed.

Hope you’re all having a good week!

i, I’m popping back in – have been sticking to 5:2, but haven’t seemed to have the time to go on here and post and catch up with everyone!

Hope you’re enjoying Hawaii, Sherry, my sister and niece were there in September and loved it, I think it really impressed them both.

Lori, we are also expecting “weather” this week, and some snow, Hawaii sounds wonderful!!

I’m still hovering around the same weight as I have been for a few months, I’m still happy bc I look much better than I did, feel better and still seem to be losing inches even if the scale is moving up and down over the same few pounds on a weekly basis. I know it’s bc I eat too much on non-fast days and it seems every week I am going out to eat somewhere. Trying to get to yoga a couple times a week and hikes on teh weekend and moving around at work, too.

I started meditating over a month ago – have found it amazingly improves my sleep length and quality as well as my episodes of “random” anxiety. I use an app Insight Timer, free, you can just have it time you or you can do guided meditations, I find the guided ones help me focus and also think about things I don’t normally think about, deeper stuff, lol.

Hope all are well – as Tilly always says “just keep swimming”….
    sue

I’m still here!!

Lori, I know you probably said before, but what guidelines are you following with keto? I’m trying to do that during the week, along with modified fasting, and then relax it for the weekend.

Sue, thanks for the app recommendation. I think I’ll try that. I also need to get back into yoga.

Hope you’re enjoying Hawaii, Sherry.

So here’s something disgusting….my husband started skipping breakfast….he’ll have some oatmeal before lunch instead. He’s lost about seven pounds JUST FROM THAT. Meanwhile, I’m just plodding along with barely anything to show for it BUT at least I’m not gaining and I’m lower than I have been!!!

Take care, all!!! EJ

Hi all!

Carolina…strict Keto is total carbs below 20 grams, moderate protein and fat to satiety. I have not been really strict lately, so consequently, my weight is stable and the last 10 lbs are still hanging on. I’ve been allowing too many treat days and not being strict. Anyway…..I like the fasting as well, when it works with my schedule.

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

Well, picked up the family from the airport yesterday- can you say adios to peace & quiet? 😳Anyhow it’s nice to have them here but I am missing my Zen time 😔!

So I actually hit my goal weight of 115 & change for two days in a row yesterday & the day prior….then we all went to dinner last night where many fries were consumed by all so I’m sure that number has evaporated for the time being! I actually didn’t eat much today-wasn’t hungry- maybe from eating more last night than I’ve been used to the last few weeks of living solo?

I have a ton of eating out occasions coming up this week….all three daughters’ birthdays 🎂 and my 27th wedding anniversary. I’m just going to try to do my best to not eat much in between it all! My hubby & I agreed with all the eating out that instead of going to dinner for our anniversary that we’d go stand up paddle boarding 🏄 in the ocean/ bay in front of our condo and then maybe get a couples massage and go check out this new casual restaurant complex for lunch where you pay one price and can sample small plates from the various eateries ( better to eat out at lunch we figured than later at dinner).

Hey Lori, yeah we’ll see where the dust eventually settles with regard to my weight. Like I’ve said before, if I can maintain somewhere between 115-117; I’ll be a happy girl. I was at this spot in my weight last year but promptly gained 6-8 lbs with the holidays and couldn’t seem to lose it again until now. I’m determined to not repeat that experience this year. You seem to be at your maintainable happy weight even though you talk often of possibly losing 10 more?

Ha! Elizabeth! Don’t you just hate that about men? My poor hubby used to be that way but alas, I think his metabolism has slowed too now and he’s having a harder time keeping the weight off now.

Well, have a good rest of the week ladies if I don’t talk to you with all the crazy parties going on here!

😘 Sherryl

Oh Sue, meant to say hi to you too! I envy you that you actually have started meditating! Beginning a mediation practice has been on my To Do list for a long time- which tells you I really NEED to do it, right?! Good job!

Oh Sue, meant to say hi to you too! I envy you that you actually have started meditating! Beginning a mediation practice has been on my To Do list for a long time- which tells you I really NEED to do it, right?! Good job!

Hi All, Esther it’s very ANNOYING about men!!!! Hubby and I tried the South Beach diet years ago, I followed strictly, lost maybe 2.5lbs in a couple week, husband continued eating cookies and other forbidden foods, lost 16 pounds, mind you he’s long since gained it all back. He works nights, owns a restaurant, but will eat maybe around 11am, then not all day,then eats around 10pm when he gets home, but will also eat a whole bag of chips, candy, once I found a box from frozen cinnabons in the recycling bin… I am quite strict with myself and only slowly lose weight – it’s hormones, age and men carry more muscle and have a higher metabolism than women – unfair, yes, but typically we DO live longer!

Both yoga and meditation are really helping – actually was able to control myself the other night when hubs and I had a spat…interesting how it took the wind out of his sails when I wasn’t reacting or coming right back at him with comments. The meditation app Insight Timer works well for me bc it’s guided so there’s music and some talking and some really helpful talks, too, I just do 10 minutes in the morning before getting out of bed and sometimes after work and always before bed. I started with a “100 day challenge” I signed up for through a blogger Matt Trinetti, we’re all having different goals, mine was daily meditation.

Sometimes you just end up with weeks where you eat out or have “occasions” more than others – it’s hard to manage – not so easy to say “no” to higher calorie foods in restaurants, at least it’s hard for me to say “no” lol.

HOpe you all have a great weekend!
    Sue

Hi ladies…a thousand apologies for the silence. It has been a chaotic few weeks and it will be like this for a few more weeks I suspect.

Long story short, hubby just accepted a 1 year work project for his old boss out of China, leaving in a few weeks. Really nice project, great pay package and good challenge for him. Kids and I stay put as we are not keen to hike off to Saudi at this point. SO mad rush with paperwork and stuff for him and me since I now HAVE to have my own work permit to allow me to stay. Things falling into place, I am starting a consulting company with a friend – the paperwork that the Chinese require is horrendous and finding information here is like a needle in a haystack. But it all needs to be done.

All good as far as I am concerned….moving forward is most important. Weight wise I am still on track – in fact happy with progress. Weighed in today at 62.3 kg, down a total of 7.7kg since I started 5:2 in late April. Target is 60kg by end of year, bit of a stretch but going to give it a go.

Fasting sugar was not so good so I have to lay off the wonderful desserts that hubby brings home from work. The good side of him leaving is I will not be tempted 🙂

I do read what everyone posts but logging in is a long and slow process as the website loads very slowly for me here in China. Maybe the great firewall. Anyway glad to read about everyone, Sherry – Hawaii is awesome. I love it and look forward to heading back there one day.

Bye all and stay well…..
    esther

Hi all,

Quickly popping in to say hello. Haven’t been able to join in here since family came to town- too busy! Happy late Thanksgiving to the U.S. ladies! We went out to eat & it was great unlike what often happens when you go out to eat on holidays! 😉

My eating of course has gotten more out of whack with the family here- oh well. Will get it together here soon. Leaving mid week for home & then the Christmas craziness begins!

Hope you’re all well!

😘🏄🌺🌴

Sherry

Hi again! This has been the coolest, rainiest, dreariest November I’ve experienced since I’ve been coming to Hawaii annually the last 8 years or so! So you don’t have to be as envious of my weather here! 😉 I feel sorry for the tourists who came here for sun and aren’t getting too much of it the last week.

Heading to the Honolulu Zoo 🐯🐼🐵 today with the kids for something to do that isn’t beach related due to the poor weather. Will maybe hit the Bishop Museum tomorrow.

I don’t know if it’s the weather, but the hubby and I are both fighting a cold. Last night I was even achy and had to take Advil to get some sleep!😒

Looking for something to do to escape from the kids a bit, my husband and I went to see “Bad Moms”- the new Christmas version- I hadn’t seen the first movie. Very funny but be forewarned if you go that it’s very raunchy!

Ok got to get ready to hit the zoo~ have a wonderful day girls!

Sherry

Hi Sherry, hello everyone..

I can see you are still active here?
    How has everyone been?
    By the way, I had started this thread about three years ago (seems like ages). So much has changed for me.. and I find myself starting.. yet again!
    Any oldies still around?

Salma

Hi Everyone!

Sherry…..sorry you’re having such ugly weather in paradise this year. Funny, I never thought about the weather being bad there as it always seems so nice! Sorry too that you and hubby are feeling poorly. Hope that passes soon.

Salma! Lovely to see you here again. How have you been? I am doing a version of intermittent fasting along with the Keto diet nearly every day, and just maintaining my weight. Still about 10 lbs or so above where I “think” I should be with the number on the scale. I’m allowing too many treats to enter the picture which is keeping the scale from moving down.

My part-time job has been kicking my butt lately. Late nights and early mornings and LONG days on my feet. I haven’t been to my boot camp workout for a couple weeks due to my schedule. I really must figure out a way to do it all!!

Take care all!

Lori

Hi Lori,

It is nice to be back!
    I have just finished my first week of the fast diet almost successfully. Fell flat on my face this Sunday, but ah well.. I will pick myself up again and start again tomorrow. On the positive side, I have seen a couple of kilos’ demise, so I am happy.

I am now in the US. I decided to leave my toxic job and applied for a graduate program last year and I am now half way through the one-year program. It is such a challenge for the old grey cells, but I am absolutely loving it. What an adventure. I have no idea what I will be doing afterwards, but I don’t worry about these things. Studying meant that the pounds have crept up again and I am back to where I started 3 years ago 🙁

Ever the optimist, I am back here, tail between my legs and starting over. Maybe I will see next year in a more svelte me?

What have you all been up to? What is your new part time job? I thought you had retired!

Salma

Nice to have you posting again Salma! What part of the US are you in? Good for you for leaving the toxic job and entering a graduate program! I am in awe! You are halfway thru already? Fantastic!

Yes, I did retire from my career, but decided I needed some sort of stimulation during the winter as last year I spent too much time sitting in my comfortable chair in front of the TV. Spring and Summer were fine as I was on the golf course, but needed something to do in the Winter. I started working in September at a retail store called Dick’s Sporting Goods. I enjoy it most of the time, but working Thanksgiving night till midnight and all day on Black Friday was not fun. I don’t usually work late at night….just once in a while. I have one of those coming up next Sunday and I won’t get home till after midnight. 🙁 I have to get my schedule revised for Spring and Summer as they have me working too many hours. I don’t mind it this time of year, but I want to be able to spend a lot of time on the golf course. Anyway….

Tomorrow marks my return to my boot camp workouts and being more careful with my eating. I plan to fast until Noon or so most days this week.

Sherry….are you home? I know the lead up to Christmas is a super busy time for you. Hope everything was ok at home and that you are getting back in the groove.

Hope everyone is doing well……let’s get thru this Holiday season without piling on any weight. They say the average weight gain between Thanksgiving and the New Year is 10 lbs! Let’s be the exception to the rule!

Hi Lori & Salma and you other ladies out there!

I’ve been trying to get my rear in gear and get used to the two hour time change between here and Hawaii. Still haven’t unpacked yet but sadly, that’s not too unusual! We’ve managed to get the Christmas tree up and decorated and the house lights on so we at least feel good about that. Now on to the crazy shopping for the kids and others. I think we’re making it easy this year by telling the kids to get on Amazon and make lists and then we’ll choose from the lists for the presents and have them shipped! No crazy mall shopping (or very little of it!).

Lori, I was just typing a question as to where you were working and saw your post pop up! Yeah, retail during the holiday season is brutal. My friend is the manager of the Macy’s in Waikiki and her family doesn’t really see her until after the holidays! Don’t wear yourself out and lose all the benefits of being retired! I’m with you…I’m really going to try not to gain a bunch this holiday season. It’s getting too hard and depressing to deal with time and again. I’m swearing I’m cutting way back on the number of items I bake this year (and then unfortunately snack on) and more of what I am making will be healthier versions. Not to mention, the older I get the more my back hurts standing all day baking!!!

Salma, good to see you again. I just saw that Lori asked this too, but where in the U.S. did you end up and what graduate program are you doing? Are you just here for another 6 months and then back home or will you be staying here? I envy that you can even get your grey matter working…mine feels like it’s shriveling up some days! That or the kids/stress are killing my brain cells! 😉 Are either of your boys married yet? I’ve hit my goal range of 115-117 lbs twice now, once a year ago (then the holidays hit and I went back up about 5-6 lbs) and again recently. I have yet to get back on the scale since we returned from our annual holiday trip to HI. As you may remember, I do that bone broth plus other healthy foods for four days monthly and I’m due for a round this week, so I’ll probably weigh after that.

Hey all of you other friends out there, stop in and say “hello”! 🙂

Sherry

Hi All,

I pop in and out – but always read your notes when I get them. Still progressing slowly but surely – it’s been very slow but that’s bc I eat out on my non fast days or snack etc. I’m still pretty pleased with how I look.

Sherry your HI trip sounded great- have you unpacked and recovered yet?? You all just had your Thanksgiving too, and it’s such a big deal in the US. We celebrate in Canada too, but not to that crazy extent. Christmas is more out thing.

Lori retail during the holiday season is exhausting. I’ve done it – working FT then for extra income worked PT on Fall into Cmas season – I quit when they told me I had no choice but to work Boxing Day; that’s a big family day for us, so I said no. Didn’t need the job anyway bc I worked FT, but the clothing discounts were great for Cmas shopping.

Fast day today – trying not to get pissed at things at work that normally would slide off my back….

Best to all!
    Sue

Hi Sue and everyone else.

Got the courage to get on the scale prior to beginning the 4 day monthly cleanse and it’s not too too bad…119.0. I had actually seen the 115’s a few times while in HI so hoping at the end of the 4 days I’ll be back near there. This was the first time in my life that I lost some weight before a trip knowing I’d be eating out, etc., gain a little on the trip but still be ok. Usually it’s starving before I leave so I can fit in a bathing suit, etc. and then coming back much fatter. I had a skinny friend who used to always go on a mini diet before her vacations so she wouldn’t have a gain beyond what she normally weighed when she got back…that’s smart, but like I said, I’ve never had that luxury because I never really was at my goal weight to begin with! 😉

No, Sue, I’m still not totally recovered from the time change and still very little unpacking has happened!:( I’m so happy for you that you’re still losing slowly but able to enjoy your non-fast day treats and best of all you look/feel good, so that’s what matters most! I guess I’m fasting with you today being that I started my cleanse which is pretty equal in calories to a fast day. So good to hear from you! 🙂

Have a wonderful start to the week girls!

Sherry

Hello girls,

I am now in Cambridge, MA near Boston. It is a lovely place to be and the changing of the colors was a real treat. I live in a small one-bedroom apartment and I am doing the whole student thing. It is lovely to walk out of the door every morning to the crisp air and beautiful tress. Compared with Beirut, it is so peaceful!

So, today is the start of my second week back on the bandwagon. Last week was not so difficult, but I now have a dinner party this evening (been fasting all day and will try to keep intake to 600 cals) and I also have a lunch with one of the professors on Thursday, so I guess I will fast on Wednesday instead.

This is the time for all the final papers and exams, so perhaps not the best time to re-start this diet, but if I don’t I will gain another 10 lbs with all the stress eating. So, I decided to take myself in hand and get back on the one diet that seemed to really work for me a couple of years back.

I am now fully menopaused (is that even a word?) so I am hoping that I my hormones will have stabilized and non of that craziness that I endured while going through “THE change”.

Sherry and Lauri, it was really lovely to see you here. It feels like I am reconnecting with old friends. Sooooooo much has happened since I was last here, so this is a little corner of normalcy that feels like home. Thank you!

See you soon.
    Salma

Hi all,

As some of you may have heard, we are battling fires out here in Southern California (yet again). The one nearest to me is the “Lilac fire” which is in the town right next to ours. No containment yet in that one and the winds are starting to pick up again. Friends of ours have been evacuated and their mother’s house burned down. 🙁 All the local schools are closed due to the fires. We were going to take the kids to Disneyland later today to see it decorated for Christmas…really quite beautiful, the blow “snow” around at night and everything smells like gingerbread! Anyhow, we now feel its not such a good idea with fires looming nearby. A change in the wind and it could be in our backyard. Right now there’s what looks to be an injured coyote in the neighbor’s yard about a 1/2 acre away. Wondering if it was due to the fire…he’s not moving much and those things are usually very skittish.

On a different note, I just finished my 4 day cleanse and I’m down 3 lbs. to 116.2. Yay! I love doing the cleanse because it’s always good for 2-3 lbs. Of course to maintain it, I have to eat very lightly for a few days afterward. Best thing is, it keeps me on track. By doing it once a month I’ve been able to lose weight and now at least take care of any careless eating I participated in that month! 😉 It’s my way of doing maintenance now. So, rather that a weekly fasting program, I pretty much do the 4 day cleanse each month and eat reasonably (most of the time) the rest of the month. It works for me! Now to just maintain over the crazy Christmas eating season!

Salma, so happy for you that you’re getting back on track. I find it’s the little day to day victories with regard to eating that finally get you where you want to be. For example, yesterday I chaperoned my son’s field trip and instead of eating out while there, I brought a thermos of broth, veggies, meat with me. And you’re right, there’s never a perfect time to lose weight and better to get a grip on it now then after the holidays! Funny, I did find that for me, finishing up menopause actually made it easier for me to lose weight than when I was younger. No monthly hormonal fluctuations to mess with my weight.

Happy weekend everyone!

Sherry

Sherry,

So scary about the fires being so close to you! I hope it won’t be necessary for you to evacuate, but please be careful!

Sounds like your cleanse was a big success! It’s nice that you have the plan for adjusting a few pound gain.

Take care and keep in touch.

Hi ladies,
    It’s been a while.
    Sherry it is so scary with those fires, stay safe. We are just coming into our fire season ie summer. We live on the edge of a national park with lots of eucalyptus trees, and they are saying it will be a high fire danger year !
    We nearly had to be evacuated a few years back, the day of our daughters wedding in 2013 it was very hot, 42deg Celsius. We came out of the chapel at the venue after the ceremony to be confronted by the event planner saying we had a five minute warning we may need to be evacuated (130 people) as fires had started over the other side of the hill ! Fortunately it was burning away from us, but it was a tense couple of hours. A memorable wedding 😳
    We have however just had a week of torrential rain, over 160mm (6 1/2inches) in a week. The garden is looking very green for the start of summer.
    On the 5:2 front staying the same. Would love to get rid of another couple of kilos but not sure what else I can do. Can’t increase the exercise, and there is no room to decrease the caloric intake. Might have to try Sherry’s cleanse 🤔
    Stay safe Sherry, and just keep swimming ladies,
    Love Tilly xx

Hi ladies,

Wow! all those fires and torrential rain. Takes your breath away!

Well Sherry, I am done with exams for the semester and am on a short trip to Montreal before I fly back home for 10 days to check on my parents back in Beirut. Montreal is FREEZING! -19 degrees centigrade tomorrow. Not much fun trudging though the slush on sidewalks. Beirut should be a notch or two warmer (well, more like 18 degrees). I will be spending the holidays there before returning to Boston. The whole family will be there, so it should be fun, if a little dangerous for good intentions.
    I am so impressed with your ability to manage your weight Sherry, and I do think that it will perhaps be easier to deal with cravings once hormonal fluctuations stop, but the weight is definitely more comfortable sticking around.

Stay well one and all,

Salma

Hi everyone,

Well, it seems my town has come out unscathed by those horrible local fires thank God, though I feel so badly for all those that lost homes and are still fighting the fires up north of us in the Santa Barbara area. Our weather in Southern California right now is unbelievably warm, and that, and the winds have undoubtedly contributed to this bad fire season. It is, in fact, warmer here lately than it was in Hawaii (at least during the day; the nights are still chilly) when I was there a few weeks ago!

My weight thankfully is pretty much holding in the 116’s; I haven’t been too hungry lately, probably due to all the crazy running around for Christmas related activities and shopping. That’s good though, because in the next week I will start my baking and that will begin the real weight maintenance challenge!

Lori, how are you doing with the holiday challenges? Still working a lot at Dick’s Sporting Goods for the Christmas season? Are you still able to do your workouts?

Tilly, yes you all in Australia often face the same challenges with fires as we do in So. Cal. So very scary! Thank God your daughter’s wedding was spared during that fire!

Salma, congrats on finishing up the exams! How are your parents doing? Do you have family or a caregiver in place to assist them now that you are gone? Have fun in Montreal (didn’t you say you used to live there?) and back home for the holidays. Are the men in the family doing the cooking like they did on your vacation a few years back or will the women in the family be slaving away in the kitchen? 😉 Anyhow, good luck avoiding some of those food “dangers”!

Time to shower and then bed…a long day tomorrow of my three youngest’s Christmas performance, a hair appointment, shopping, wrapping, and then my sister’s house for her birthday dinner…PHEW!

Have a wonderful weekend if I don’t get a chance to pop in before then! 🙂

Sherry

Sherry….so glad you have not been directly affected by the fires. They are just horrible. I cannot imagine losing everything in a matter of minutes.

Yes, I’m working way too many hours at the part-time job. The last few weeks have been a blur. I sure hope after the holidays they will reduce my schedule. If not, I’ll just have to quit. I don’t want or need the stress of it all.

It is also causing me to miss my early morning boot camp workouts. Too many late nights and early mornings at work. Not good. Some days I think I’ll stop working, but then some days I enjoy it. I’m torn.

Salma…safe travels back home for the holidays. Sounds like you’ll have a lovely time with family.

I’m currently visiting my sister for a few days, so eating and drinking more than I should. I really have to get my butt back in gear soon before the scale starts to go in the wrong direction. So far I’m holding steady. Plus missing my workouts is not doing me any good. 🙁

Take care,
    Lori

Hi Lori and everyone,

Lori, you have my sympathy! I worked retail during a non-Xmas period of time and it was tough. I can’t imagine doing it at Christmas! Good luck! I hope you’re getting a nice respite hanging out with your sis!

I’m doing well. Weight is steady. I’m continuing my walks and pilates and trying to eat well. I haven’t yet started the baking yet! Today I made the list of all the ingredients I need to buy and just looking at that exhausted me. I think I really need to scale back (I told you all I have a problem with that!).

So, I found and made a great recipe for fast days in particular. Very simple. I tried to copy and paste it here for you but it wasn’t cooperating! Anyhow, if you’re interested, it’s called “Homemade Egg Drop Soup” from the website “Veggie Balance”. It’s only 60 calories a cup and very filling! I hope you try it; if so let me know! 🙂

Hope to hear from you all and how you’re holding up during the holiday season! We all need any tips we can get! 😉

Talk you soon!

Sherry

Hi Sherry & All,

Thanks for the soup recipe Sherry. It surely is soup season around here with the cold weather. Good luck with the cookie baking!

I had a nice visit with my sister but now it’s back to reality. Today marks the start of a very busy week at work. I have day shift this week and night shift next week. I’d rather have the days for sure. We have inventory in January which everyone is dreading. Not sure what my role will be for that week.

Still not getting any workouts in. It is just so hard to do a hard workout in the morning and then go and stand for 8+ hours at work. I was going to go to boot camp a few times this week, but then remembered that the studio is closed for the holidays next week. My rationale is why go a couple times this week and get SO sore and then not be able to go next week? I’ll just wait and restart in January like everyone else. Excuses, excuses.Sigh….

I have gotten my eating under control since being home from my sister’s. I won’t weigh myself until January 1. With all my work hours in the coming weeks, it should be easy to stay on track. No time to eat!

Happy Holidays to you all. I hope you have some wonderful family time.

Hi, ladies!!!

It’s been a while since I popped on.

Salma, so very good to hear from you!! I’m envious of your college experience and your trip to Montreal!!!!! That sounds perfect. We are thinking of buying a ski condo in Canada as a rental/second home type thing and I was looking at Quebec, which is affordable and so classy, but my husband things the cold would be too much and I don’t know how the skiing compares to out West.

Lori, I’ll think of you when I go to Dick’s!!

SherryAnn, so glad you are safe from the fires.

Tilly, let us know how the cleanse goes if you try it.

Sue, congrats on your slow and steady progress. I am envious, haha. I do not feel good about the way I look.

Esther, hope you are well! Your life sounds very exciting!!!

I kind of went off the rails over Thanksgiving and haven’t fully recovered yet. I’m resigned to a fresh start after my son leaves. He has finished everything a semester early and is, he tells us, a graduate but I haven’t seen the diploma yet so we haven’t had a big party or anything. It’s kind of disorienting for him and us!!! He is going to take an English style “grand tour” for the spring semester and then start his job in California in June or July. He plans to go to Argentina but that too is a little tentative–he hasn’t booked the tickets yet. He has done the application for the program and believes he’s accepted. Meanwhile he has had some times of depression–broke up with his girlfriend from his freshman year, etc, etc. So I have some stress as he is home and that’s always chaotic and we are concerned about this kind of indefinite period of time for him. Meanwhile my daughter had a crazy few weeks with dance and school! All this to say, I’ve lost control of eating once again, but I do plan to turn it around before too long!

If I don’t get back on, I hope everybody enjoys the winter holidays, no matter which one they are celebrating!!! Lots of cozy times with family and friends and meaningful ceremonies and beauty and light and all that!!!!! I’ll be back!!!

Hi girls! Happy belated holidays to all! I’d been a little crazy planning, prepping, wrapping and entertaining and am so happy to be able to relax a bit now! I’m getting too old for all this! We did the whole BIG dinner for about 30 with 20 lb brined turkey, baked ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, salad (others brought other sides), spinach artichoke dip and way to many baked goodies! My mom had the luxury of retiring from hosting Christmas Eve/Christmas when I got married at 27 (she was 45) and I started hosting Xmas Eve (my sister does Xmas day, which is more casual food, etc). So, me, old mom with young kids am still hosting at 54. If I’d been able to have kids earlier, I’d be off the hook by now. Oh well…

Anyhow, Elizabeth (so good to hear from you!), I went off the rails too this past week and TODAY is “D” day for me! I threw out or froze the rest of the baked goods last night (I had to…they kept staring at me, tempting me! 😉 )Starting back on healthy eating. Had a coconut milk and almond butter smoothie this morning. YUMMY! Lunch will be a healthy chicken salad at a Mexican food place on the way to take the kids to see “The Greatest Showman” with their friends and some of the moms later. I think I’ll have that low cal egg drop soup I mentioned prior for dinner! I have been walking all week too so that helps a tad! Hubby and I plan to do the 4 day cleanse together starting 1/2/18, using the leftover turkey carcass we froze for the bone broth…should be tasty!

Well, got to run to get ready for that movie! If I don’t pop in before then, have a fantastic New Year! I really appreciate you all and the ability to chat about our lives and our ups and downs, food and otherwise! 😉

Sherry

Hi All & happy New Year 2018!!!

Ugh, I don’t know about you all but I’m feeling rather bloated after the holidays! So much for watching it this year! I start my 4 day cleanse on Friday so hoping to quickly wipe out most of the damage! How’d you all do?

Kids started back at school today…Phew! It’s a bit of a relief as I feel I can finally get some cleaning and organizing accomplished (hopefully!) since they’re not home constantly bugging me for something to do or somewhere to take them. Weather here today is rather dreary so it should be a good day to get some stuff done in the house. Getting organized is my major New Year’s goal for 2018!

My hubby leaves for Hawaii for business soon so not looking forward to the solo parenting thing and the stress it brings, but I suppose I’m used to it! I actually get to go there at the end of February and a long-time friend will join me for a week of my stay. I’m looking forward to showing her around, but I’ll also have some solo time there to just “do my thing”!

Hope to hear how you’re all doing soon and what your goals/plans are for 2018!

Love ya!

Sherry

Hi all! A very Happy New Year! All the best for 2018 – here’s to getting back on track for those of us who overindulged over the holidays.

I did “OK”; fortunately we only had a couple family engagements. I did get a fast day in the week ahead of Cmas and my weight was on track. We’ve had bitter cold (hello, Canada!) unusual even for us, so no hiking. The dog only got short walks or no walks, no yoga other than my few stretches in the mornings. I am back to work tomorrow and happy to go to yoga this evening. Tomorrow will be a fast day, too. I haven’t weighed but my clothes are still ok so hoping if I gained it’s only a couple pounds.

Sherry, you’re lucky your kids are back to school – my son is 14, not back until the 8th. Husband is having hardwood floors redone at his restaurant so he’;s off until the 10th. Very odd as he’s only home 2 nights a week, so both my son and I are used to it just being the 2 of us. I think it’s weird for all of us, espeically with TV as hubs isn’t around and so Jimmy and I have “our” shows and our routine etc. Will be a bit difficult to get through the next week of him being around so much, that sounds terrible, lol, I know.

Hawaii will be lovely in Feb! That’s usually a month I struggle with emotionally bc of the cold and snow and I’m just done with winter!

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday!~
    Sue

Hi girls! So is anyone going to be dropping in to say hello in 2018? Where are you all? I hope you’re starting your new year off right and happily fasting! I’m finishing up on a 5 day cleanse tomorrow and starting to feel a lot less bloated/more normal thank God!

Hubby left today for HI business trip. Solo parenting yet again (sigh). Good thing is that I don’t have to prep as “elaborate” (not that they were actually that elaborate!) meals while he’s gone! The kids are happy with pasta, pizza, burgers…typical kid friendly food. I can easily just have roasted veggies or simple egg drop soup while they eat their stuff. That will help a lot! My hubby finished his 4 day fast yesterday and lost 6.5lbs! Lucky dog! He’s feeling much lighter/happier having lost this holiday fluff before leaving for HI.

Anyhow, I hope you are all well and starting of 2018 with a BANG! Pop in and let me know how you’re doing! Lori, are you done with retail yet now that the holidays are over?

HUGS!

Sherry

Hi everyone,

It has been a while … things have been crazy to say the least. Hubby accepted a year long project in the middle east, left a month ago. Its a great opportunity and his previous job was quickly going nowhere so we said why not…go for it.

So I have been swamped with managing by myself – three kids in school, cooking and keeping the home clean and relatively tidy, my consulting jobs…Christmas and New Year holidays in between….I am still trying to catch my breath.

Weight wise I am OK. Was on target in late December and put on a bit in the last week with the holidays and stress eating but managing OK in the big scheme of things. Manage to control my blood sugar as well, it is normal most days with a spike when i indulge a bit.

So you will only see me very intermittently till things settle which I think will take another month or so.

Happy New Year and wishing everyone a wonderful year ahead.
    esther

Hi everyone,
    Happy New Year !!!
    Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break, for those who didn’t get a break commiserations 😩
    Well managing to hold my own with the 5:2. Just not going down still. I’m trying something new at the moment in that I am avoiding sugar. So hard. Especially when you love to bake! We have dinner guests tonight and I am not eating dessert even though it’s a favourite. Meringue roll filed with lemon and mascarpone ahhhhh Although the sugar content is known in this one since I’m putting it there haha You don’t realise how much hidden sugar is in our foods. But I am persevering. Hoping to see some movement downwards soon.
    Good luck with the solo parenting Sherry, hope it goes well.
    Summer holidays here in Australia, so the kids are on holidays. My grown kids who are teachers are also on holidays haha. Our daughter and her husband are both teachers so they are enjoying a holiday in Indonesia for two weeks. 😎 Our eldest son doesn’t take his holidays until next month after school goes back, he and his wife are heading to Japan.
    We head off on our first trip next month, camping in the mountains (so long as there are no bushfires) only for a week with some friends. Then in March we head to New Zealand for two weeks with some other friends, then at the end of May we head off on our big trip across the country to The Kimberley in Western Australia for approx 10weeks! (It’s a long way from Melbourne) Lots of 4wd dirt road etc 😬 also with friends. Going to be challenging with the eating but because we will be quite remote temptation will also be remote haha at least I hope so.
    Sounds like you will be busy too Esther like Sherry. Hope it goes well for you too.
    Bless you all for this New Year
    Love Tilly xx

Hello my friends!

Sherry…good luck with the kids. I know you have it down to a science by now! How were your holidays in Hawaii? We had a rather quiet holiday season, which is fine with me. We spent Christmas eve and Christmas morning at our daughter’s. We were there when the boys got up in the morning and it was fun. Our New Year was quiet as well, just hubby & me. No parties or anything. With the hours I had been working leading up to Christmas, I was happy for the quiet time. We were crazy busy with returns just after Christmas, and still have quite a few. My hours have been cut drastically, so I’m enjoying more down time. I had too many hours the past few weeks!

My weight stayed stable over the holidays. Now I’m just getting back into the groove. I had taken a couple months off my boot camp workouts and just resumed those yesterday(ouch!). I have also signed up to do a 10k in May in Edinburgh Scotland! I’m meeting my online running group there. I think there will be about 8 or 10 of us. Now for the 10k training….OY….what have I gotten myself into?!

Esther…it sounds like you are quite busy too being a solo parent. I’m sure the weeks fly by for you.

Tilly…have fun on your trips! Yes…there is sugar in everything! That is my main focus too…not eating sugar and having very limited carbs in general.

Ok…it is early morning here and I wish I were still in bed. I worked last night and didn’t get to bed until after 11. My cat didn’t care and got me up at our normal 4:30AM! I don’t have to work today, so I can take a nap later. My only exercise today will be a short walk. Easing back into this fitness thing. Back to boot camp tomorrow morning.

Be well everyone.

Hi all!

Lori retail is crazy at the holiday season – locally most stores don’t allow returns until a couple weeks after Cmas to prevent the Boxing Day shoppers and “returners” from clashing lol…
    Sherry I hope you are coping ok as a single parent for now? My husband works nights and weekends, so it’s mostly just been me, BUT, I only have one son and he is over 14 now, so much easier, more independent etc. Hubs was home way too much over the holidays which meant more eating as he’s cooking full meals, meat, starch, veg, gravy or some type of sauce etc and gets offended if I say “no” to any part of it…

I got lucky and don’t seem to have gained over the holidays, lucky bc I really only had 1-2 fast days. Back to work and 4 interviews this week and I’m on the committee which means a “brought in” lunch those 4 days; today I am managing a fast day bc we aren’t interviewing anyone.

The bitter cold has abated up here – we had a lot of snow, but it’s winter and Canada, lol, and more expected this weekend.

Tilly – is it still insanely hot where you live?

Managed 2 yoga classes this week – one is yin, more contemplative and stretching but last night was a tough work out! Was dripping sweat!

HOpe all are well! Stay warm! Or cool!
    Sue

Good morning!

Braved the scale today since the 4 day which actually turned into a 5 day cleanse was over. I’m thankfully at pre-Christmas weight of 116.4 again. I shudder to think what the pre-cleanse number was…too scared to weigh in prior to starting! 😉 Now on to maintaining at my goal range of 115-117 for 2018!

Well, those of you who’ve been here for a while (Lori!) know that each time my hubby leaves for his extended business trips to HI, I have some sort of major problem at the house. This time we had a BIG rain storm here in CA and developed leaks in our old tile roof. Not fun! Had the buckets out everywhere. Our builder who will be starting our remodel soon did us a favor and sent some guys out to put tarps on the roof. It helped in one area but not the other. Thank God the rain has abated for today at least!

Sue, so I’m sure you’re celebrating with me now that your son is back in school? 😉 Yes, getting back on track with the weight loss quickly is key I think to getting it off quickly before it “solidifies”-seriously! That’s what’s worked for me at least. If I sit and let in “marinate” for 2-4 weeks, forget about it…it becomes stuck on me! Like me too, it will be easier to eat better without the stress of preparing meals for the hubby! At least your clothes still feel good! Good luck! 🙂

Hey Tilly! Thank goodness you’re holding your own on the weight front after the holidays! Now you can just kick it into high gear in 2018 and push that scale downward! You WILL do it! With regard to the sweets issue, I too have an incredible sweet tooth. What has helped me is to make healthier versions of the things I love…I look at recipes on the web for gluten free and/or paleo versions…there are so many you wouldn’t believe it AND MOST ARE GOOD! To take care of my sweet tooth, I make pumpkin spice cookies made with pumpkin and almond flour and sweetened with yacon syrup (a South American tuber that they extract the juice from…like molasses a bit). The syrup isn’t cheap but it’s worth it to me. You can get it on Amazon. I like Yacon Gold brand. You can use the syrup anywhere you’d use maple syrup or honey in a recipe. It’s very low glycemic and is even said to have weight loss benefits (see Dr. Oz info on that). I also enjoy a super good high quality sugar free chocolate I get on Amazon called Choco Perfection. The woman who developed it claimed to have lost a bunch of weight eating lots of this low glycemic chocolate daily (who knows? She is trying to sell her chocolate after all!). Anyhow, hope this helps!

Hi Lori! Yes, I am unfortunately getting to be a solo parenting pro when hubby is gone, but he does it for me too so can’t complain I guess! 😉 Glad the work load is easing and you can get back to your workout routine somewhat! Wow! A 10k in Scotland! I am envious…both of your ability to run (I used to but can’t with my back issue) and that you’re going to Scotland! Lucky ducky! 🙂 How great that you maintained over the holidays too!

Ok, off to take my now late morning walk. Rain looks like it’s brewing again unfortunately! 🙁

So happy to see so many stopping by to chat! Bye for now!

Sherry

Hi all,

Such a crazy day for my poor husband who’s in Hawaii working. He was on the golf course today (Saturday) playing with a friend when they got warnings on their cell phones that missles were headed for Hawaii and to take cover, saying this is not a drill, this is REAL!-then the cell phones went dead! They looked around and all there was to take cover was bridges that the golf carts use to drive over the course so they figured they could go there if need be. They heard a police car going through the neighborhood near them broadcasting a message, but all the could hear of it was the word “emergency”! Then they realized there was no warning siren going off (they have different sirens there for tidal waves vs missle attacks) so they had an idea it might not be real. Thank God it wasn’t real as they heard about 20 minutes later from a friend who his buddy got through to that worked for the Honolulu PD who told him so!

On other fronts, got my breath test result back and I do in fact have SIBO in my gut so the docs want to give me antibiotics which I’ve read don’t usually work for long, I found that there’s some natural remedies that use oregano oil, peppermint oil, etc. that work as well if not better than the antibiotics according to Johns Hopkins University studies so I think I will try that route first! There will probably be temporary diet changes to in order to starve the bacteria. I have to go to my naturopath to determine the full course of action. Thankfully I do not think I have it that bad because most people have bloating, abdominal pain, loose stools, etc. All I have is occasional gassiness. I think because I already eat pretty close to the recommended diet guidelines I’ve read about and consume bone broth as well, that it’s helped it not get too out of control. Nice to know now officially what is up though!

Weight hanging out at 0.6 above post-cleanse level so I’m good with that! Hope you all are having a less “exciting” weekend than me! 😉

Sherry

OMG Sherry! That mess in Hawaii is just unbelievable! I sure hope they get to the bottom of what actually happened. I have a friend from England who is currently in Maui. She’s doing the Maui marathon tomorrow…I can only imagine how scared and confused she was! Glad your husband got the news fairly quickly that all was well.

Good for you that your weight is stable. Hope the meds and diet will clear up your bacteria problem. Take care.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,851 through 4,900 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.