Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,551 through 4,600 (of 5,077 total)

• Thank you for the welcome Sherryann. 20lbs is a great loss- you must be very pleased. How long has that taken?

Yesterday was a NFD for me. I spent the morning cooking: 15 portions of thai vegetable soup (116 calories for a big portion) and 4.5 litres of butternut squash and chickpea curry ( 198 calories for a big portion). I went for a 23km bike ride in the afternoon and then we had a friend over for supper in the evening; lasagne, salad, wine, tiny portion of ice cream. I think my calories came to about TDEE.

Today is a fasting day. I’m going to do Mondays and either Wednesday or Thursday to keep it flexible. Unfortunately, we have a funeral tomorrow so I don’t think I could cope with fasting as well.

It’s really helpful to have found this website and encouraging to the support of other people in the same situation.

How much weight do other people want/need to lose? Ideally, I’d like to lose 20kg.

I hope you all have a good day.

I will be breaking my 24 hour fast this afternoon and keeping my calories low today. Tomorrow will be a regular eating day, full calories and following 20:4 fast schedule

Hi Sherryann!!
    Irish Potatoes are a Philadelphia original confection!
    mix together
    Shredded Sweet Coconut
    sugar
    butter
    cream cheese
    take about a tablespoon and roll into ball and then roll in cinnamon. It’s candy!!
    I also make other candies….It’s a wonderful curse lol
    I have to keep them out of sight!!

Hi Tilly! I am also a knitter/crochet lover… mostly crochet, but I joined a knitting group back in May and they have rubbed off on me and I attempt some knitting here and there. Recently I pulled out a knitting machine I purchased years ago and stated making large knitted squares and then add a crochet boarder. So far everyone loves them and I hope to eventually sell some.
    I’ve learned to crochet when I was very young and have gone through spurts throughout my life and found this new group to be so inspiring that I have finished off some long time projects from years ago.
    Nice to meet a fellow yarn friend on here!!
    Beth

Hello!

It’s noon here and I’m checking in.

Woo Hoo! I was down to 117.4 this morning! Again, seeing the numbers go down so quick after I got sick, I’m very leary it won’t stick but I’m cautiously optimistic. I’m still not eating quite back to norm yet. No real appetite. Eating very little at night is a big key for me it seems in losing weight. I had a light but normal breakfast and lunch yesterday and then, not being very hungry, just had a little asparagus, some carrots and a nice hunk of manchego cheese at dinner time. Anyhow, my goal is to be at the bottom of my goal range at 115.0 prior to all the summer travels. Wish me luck!

Gillian, no I don’t think you told us you were a runner on the mend. I used to run, then took a many year hiatus after I had my daughter, then started trying to run again in my early to mid forties and injured myself. I was running up and down hotel stairs while in HI for exercise and injured my lower back/piriformis/SI joint (docs really aren’t quite sure what it is based on MRI and just call it chronic piriformis syndrome since they saw inflammation there). So, no more high impact exercise for me unfortunately. I used to spin at 3 times a week to at the gym and it too seems to kinda aggravate that area. So, relegated to walking and pilates! ๐Ÿ™ Where are you from btw, did you mention that? Good luck on the fast tomorrow! Yes, it seems based on your height that you aren’t too far off from your ideal weight. But, I know we all have a weight we feel best at for running or otherwise!

Hey Beth, still doing ok? Curious as to where you are from as well? I am in San Diego area for the record!

I’m going to go attempt a walk with my son who’s home with a fever but feeling Ok at the moment since he took Advil. I was too dead tired to walk this morning because I didn’t sleep well last night due to lower back pain that I get from time to time.

Lori, Tilly, Sue, Elizabeth! Where are you guys!? Check in and tell us how you are doing!

Hugs and best wishes to all!

Sherry

Geez! I just posted and saw the new messages come through. Typed a response and lost it before I could hit send. I hate this website as it does that to me occasionally!

Firm, it took me from last summer to May to lose. I’m slow and sorta steady. AND SHORT, which I think doesn’t help! ๐Ÿ˜‰ You make great food! I want some of that Thai soup now!

Beth, OMG, I think I’ll avoid Irish Potato Candy! Sounds addictive! You are a strong woman to not go crazy eating that! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Now I’m remembering that you’re from PA. So is Lori! I’d love to really learn to crochet. My grandmother taught me a bit when I was young. I’d love to learn knitting too. A goal for me as my kids get older (they’re 16, 11, and twin 10 year olds) and I have more time maybe!

Ok, let’s try to sign off and not lose the post again! ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh and Firm, can you possibly please post the Thai veggie soup recipe? Thanks!

Hi All
    I’m in London. Lovely day here today but didn’t really see much of it as working on various things. Had lunch with friend so dread today think of scales in the
    Morning. FD tomorrow, no excuses as in all day so can have lovely beef consommรฉ bought on Sherry’s recommendation, grapefruit, egg and a few other treats.

Hi all!

I’ve been visiting my sister for nearly a week. I’ll be heading home tomorrow. We had 5 inches of snow with ice on top on Tuesday. At home, my husband reports that we got 20″ of snow. Add to that the wind… Yikes! Winter is not going away quietly.

I’m ready to get my eating back on track tomorrow and going forward. Going to do some fasting over the weekend and get ready for a good keto restart on Monday.

See you soon!

Hi all,
    Well home from our four weeks camping and touring around the east/south east of Australia. We visited some lovely spots although we seem to have attracted a lot of rain !! Lol Oh well the new camper performed perfectly so can’t complain.
    Back into the swing of things now, washing almost up to date. Can never figure that one out, I was washing clothes and linen whilst away but I still have mounds when I get home !!!
    Hopped on the scales yesterday, relieved to find I had only increased about 300gms which was definitely a relief. Had visions of having put back the 3kgs I had lost since starting the 5:2… phew!!
    FD yesterday went well, so much easier to do when at home than when traveling. Back to the gym this morning. Didn’t get there yesterday as I had a hair appointment first thing and then it was way too hot for this little MS person to exercise in. Think it got to 37 deg Celsius yesterday, thankfully it’s a bit cooler today and we have had some rain too.
    Hi and welcome to all the newbies.
    Beth I almost finished my cardigan. I have done the main body, just need to do the collar and bands and sew it up. I can crochet sort of, my Nan taught me to knit and my mum taught me to crochet but I preferred the knitting. I am saving a collection of crocheted bassinet blanket patterns for when I finally have grand babies. Not sure when that will be, hopefully not too far away ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Anyway I can hear my next load in the washer is done, better get it on the line.
    Love Tilly xx

Hi Tilly,
    The camping sounds wonderful, and not too much damage to your plan either. Result!
    FD for me today – plan is half a grapefruit & a boiled egg for breakfast, consomme for lunch, bit of beef stew and cabbage for dinner. I have a new garden and a lot of plants to plant out, so hopefully that will keep me occupied. I need to do well today because I am going for a girly weekend in Cornwall – aiming to walk though the weather forecast could be better.
    Gillian
    x

OMG Halizabeth – those candies sound deadly.

Hi All,
    Nice to see some newcomers and also the “core” group that was here when I joined the forum in the Fall. Tilly, your trip sounds wonderful – a whole month in lovely territory. And, of course, keeping an ear out for the theme from “Jaws” to start up when you’re in the ocean!
    Lori, we got a lot of snow, too, but not as much as initially predicted, just steady snow over 2 days.
    Fast day today – only one this week bc my son was off school on Spring break, and I with him Monday to Wednesday. I find it really difficult to fast when I’m at home, no distractions, I tend to snack more.
    You most definitely need to plan ahead – I have dinner all mapped out in my mind. I had asparagus quiche at 11 (homemade) for my breakfast and an apple.
    I’ve made the bone broth for my dog, but it didn’t turn out that well – my understanding was it was supposed to be kind of a “jelly” and it was more liquidy. He ate it, but I never made it again. I used chicken carcasses and apple cider vinegar and left in slow cooker for 24 hours or more.
    The broths at the grocery store are just loaded with salt I find and not much protein….
    Enjoy your day, ladies!
    Sue

Hi Everyone,

A quick hello before I head out to pick up the kids from school and take them to tennis practice and baseball game. It’s a busy night and I’ve no idea what I’ll have time to make for dinner!

Tilly welcome home! I know what you mean about the multiplying laundry when you go camping, despite using the laundromat at the campsites! We camp and with 4 kids, I’m always spending at least a day doing laundry when we return.

Also welcome back Lori. Didn’t know you were out visiting your sis again! Did you girls have a good time?

Gillian, have a great fast day! Sounds well planned and yummy!

Sue, I make bone broth and it does form a “gel” at the top, some chickens make more than others. If you want my recipe, let me know.

Ok, off and running yet again! As a temporarily single parent, the running never ends! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bye!

Hi Everyone,
    Checking in after week 2, FD 2. A better effort if not perfect. In addition to planned food had a slice of bread and butter, an apple and two minstrels (they were calling me from the fridge). So,
    684 calories according to myfitnesspal. On the plus side, I did a class and a swim and spent the afternoon in the garden planting- finishing only when I could see no more. So hopefully not too much damage done.
    X

Wow–it’s busy on here lately!! It was so slow that I didn’t think I’d have a lot of catch up even after missing a few weeks….but I was wrong. That’s great!

Welcome to all the new people–it sounds as if you’re making great progress!!

Sherry, I think the HIT can be an awesome addition. I was doing it for a while but sadly everything has gone off the rails between the weather and our remodel. We are finally in the fun part, however, waiting for the granite. The cabinets are in and we will even start a soft move in this weekend. I will spend the next month dusting, which I despise. Even though we had dust barriers up, the house is covered in sheetrock dust, saw dust, etc. Blerg. I don’t mind vacuuming or sweeping or even cleaning bathrooms…not to say I do it as much as I should but I don’t hate it. But dusting, I hate.

Okay, I sound like a big whiny baby, haha. I’m lucky to have a nice home to dust, I know…..

Somehow I have been doing just enough not to backtrack too much so I hope when I can focus on 5:2 and HIT, I will be ready to make progress!!!!

Good luck for the weekend and St. Patrick’s Day!!!! We may go to a photography exhibition by one of our friends…

Hello ladies. I started 5:2 2 years ago and it is wonderful. I had 2 stone to lose and managed it very gradually with some ups and downs. You can’t beat the morning after a fast day the food tastes wonderful. For the past 6 months I sort of kept a casual approach to the diet and fasted only now and then. Xmas, an extended holiday and an absolute LOVE of home made ice cream brings me back to the diet to shift half a stone. So I would love to join your group to help me on my journey. First day today and fasting tomorrow. It doesn’t help that I’m a chef around food all day but I have my dog to walk and lovely countryside to exercise in.
    This diet works and the added health benefits are priceless.
    I look forward to reading your posts and good luck to us all.

Welcome Jayne!

It sounds as if you are really up to going back to the 5:2 plan and having successful results! You don’t have that much to lose so it won’t be long until you see the number on the scale that will make it all worth it. I need to get back on it myself! I have no trouble, usually, staying within an 8 hour window of eating, and sometimes even a 6 or 7 hour window! It’s the fast days that I need to do! I HAVE done them and it sure didn’t kill me! So thanks for your post, and all others posters, too, for the inspiration to get me going again!

Like many women, turning 50 and experiencing menopause has thrown me for a loop! For the first time in my life I need to lose 30 pounds and it feels daunting. My energy is low and it is just plain hard to get motivated to exercise. Here’s hoping this will help with my desire to age well!

Welcome Cosette,
    I feel your pain. I never had a weight challenge until I hit menopause! Be encouraged you have made a good choice starting this journey. There are many tips here on the website, but also the encouragement and camaraderie of the people on this forum is so helpful, at least I have found it that way.
    Fast day today, I had my mums and my eldest sons birthday afternoon tea here yesterday. I did indulge in a small slice of the birthday cake I had made. It was delicious. Vanilla butter cake with raspberry purรฉe and Swiss meringue cream. Looked pretty good too haha. Hence the fast day today !! Although I did note I had dropped a 100gms this morning. May be I need to eat more cake hahahaha I promise I will be good. Having lunch with my walking girls but the cafe we go to has some very healthy and low cal options.
    Cooler and wet here in Melbourne today after a number of weeks of hot and sunny. The garden is very appreciative.
    Have a great week,
    Love Tilly xx

Cosette, I started 5:2 a few months after my 60th birthday. Yes, it really is possible to lose weight after menopause.

Happy Sunday ladies!

My day started early with a tennis match for the twins then on to the mall for a bathing suit sale and lunch. My one 10 year old twin decided she was finally ready to get her ears pierced! A big milestone in young girl’s life! ๐Ÿ™‚ The other one decided today just wasn’t the “right day? to do it! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I told her when she’s ready, she’s ready!

Very busy weekend in all as yesterday was spent almost entirely at the baseball fields for my son…team photos, pancake breakfast, practice and then game. I took an hour to take walk in the neighborhood near the fields to get some exercise in.

My weight was up a little over half a pound this morning…who knows why? Hoping it goes back down tomorrow. I’ll try to eat light tonight so that hopefully happens.

Gillian, how did things pan out after your slightly greater than 500 cal fast? Didn’t sound too far off!

Elizabeth, congrats on the soon-to-be-completed remodel! And, now things should be easier for you to stay on track too! Wish we could post pics here so we could see it! My bum/hip has been hurting off and on since my trip to HI from overuse (too much hiking, walking, etc) so after that heals up more, I’m going to get on the HIIT plan too!

Jayne, welcome back to 5:2! It’s encouraging that you’re back because that means you know that it works! All of us hit a bump in the road (I did at Christmas and gained back 5!), but it’s nice to know this plan is waiting for us when we want to get serious again!

Hey Stranger! I’m rooting for you that you get two proper fasts in this week and get back on track! You can do it! Keep us apprised! ๐Ÿ™‚

Unlike you, Cosette (and Tilly too!), I’ve pretty much battled my weight since my teens. At least your life was free of this burden till now! ๐Ÿ˜‰ You’ll do great I’m sure! Just stick with it and with us and we will help see you through!

Tilly, the birthday cake sounds scrumptious! Why are you tempting us!? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Anyhow, yes, you could start the “cake diet” with those results after eating it!

Hi to Lori and Sue and anyone else I’ve missed. I’m so exhausted after this week…I feel like taking a nap but then I won’t sleep tonight. Such is life!

Sherry

Thanks so much, Tilly. It has been a real challenge so your support is appreciated!

Thank you, Sherry! I am glad to join the group and see positive changes!!

Hi All! We’ve all hit bumps in the road – hit a plateau very early on having a few weeks where my weight was stagnant. I managed to push past that but I am still not progressing as quickly as I did when I started. However, I know that’s my fault bc I snack too much on non-Fast days. If I got more disciplined I would likely be losing weight faster. I did try on a skirt I wore 4 years ago and was pleased to see it was loose. Also bought new jeans a couple sizes down, so these little events help!
    Welcome to anyone new- this forum is a nice, supportive place with some wise tips and good advice. I have looked at another forum on here and it had a few posts of a political nature – we get enough of that elsewhere! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sherry I got my ears pierced at 10! That was my Mom’s “rule”, your other daughter will be ready in her own time…
    My lower back and sciatic issues are easing with chiropractic and massage – so I;m less worried about hurting something further by exercising and yoga. The yoga is also good for my mental health, I missed 2 classes last week and could really tell on my mood and frustration level.
    I’m happy it’s Sunday, it was our school break last week and I’ll be happy to get back into a routine – my son is bored and will be glad to get back!

Hi Everyone,
    Welcome Cosette. I am in week 3 FD 1. Weekend away with the girls in Cornwall – lots of walking, lists of pizza and ice cream and beer means that I have gone back up to 139lb so last week’s gains gone so not quite back to the beginning at 1.4lb lost from the beginning. I got down to 135.4 after last week’s fast day so I guess I’m just in that beginning yoyoy phase. A few obstacles this week: cousin’s dinner, dinner out, someone’s 60th. I think I will have to eat nothing on those days.. plus 29th wedding anniversary & Mother’s Day combined.
    Eek.

Hello from Australia! Iโ€™m post-meno 56 and I love this!

This is my 11th day, and 3.5 kgs (maybe 7+ Ibs?) down. I know itโ€™s bloat but Iโ€™m ecstatic. I also know it wonโ€™t last โ€“ been down this path before. I go on holiday on 12 April and want another 2 kgs off by then. Mainly so I donโ€™t moan about how tight things are all the time.

My set point has been 80kgs for at least 5 years. Impossible to get below that. Then I went to 88 over the last (stressful) year. My first goal is back to 80. Then see how I go.

I constantly have to battle my natural personality. I am the worst rule-follower in the world, hate routine, think too much and overcomplicate things. Plus Iโ€™m missing the โ€˜love of cookingโ€™ gene. So diets never work for me.

I chose to go โ€˜no foodโ€™ on fast days so I donโ€™t have to think and wonโ€™t reinvent the world. Its working so far. Iโ€™m not hungry on fast days as long as I donโ€™t eat. Soon as something goes in my mouth its all over. But my appetite has also plummeted on non fast days and its very hard to eat up to my TDEE. I have a vaso-vagal issue so HIIT probs wont work for me. But I do 2 hours of reformer pilates and one of dance a week.

I have a bunch of questions Iโ€™d be really grateful for some help with.
    โ€ข Can I mix it up? Do 4:3 one week, Alternate Day the next?
    โ€ข On eating days am I meant to stick to a feeding window โ€“ or is that an optional extra?
    โ€ข Do I have to eat up to my TDEE? If not should I prioritise protein?

Sorry this is sooo long…and thanks in advance for your advice and for sharing your journeys!

Hello Slimerella,
    I love hearing from women all over the world. When I am failing, I like the Allan’s carr anti-smoking mantra which says that you are learning more so you can succeed next time. I am also post-menopausal 56 and never had a problem younger but have to be vigilant now and have crept up since being made redundamt /retired.

I’m not an expert but believe you can do any ratio you want and no window necessary. I try to defer eating as long as possible in the day as like you, once I start eating, it’s difficult to stop.

Good luck!
    Gillian

Hi All. Sherryann, here’s the Thai veggie soup recipe you asked for:

1000 g, Squash, winter, butternut, raw cut into 3cm cubes
    200 g, Onions, raw
    5 ml Coconut Oil
    500 g, Celeriac, raw, cut into 4cm cubes

200 gram, Carrots, sliced
    32 g, Thai Red Curry Paste
    237 millilitres Reduced Fat Coconut Milk
    200 g, Red Split Lentils
    1 vegetarian stock cube
    2 litres water

Fry the onions and carrots in the coconut oil for about 5 minutes to soften.
    Add all the other ingredients.
    Bring to the boil the simmer until the squash is cooked (about 25 minutes)
    Whizz with a hand blender and add salt and pepper if you wish.

It makes 12 portions. I freeze this in portions x2.

116 calories per portion.

It’s very tasty and filling. Great for a FD with some cooked chicken or fish and some extra veg such as green beans or broccoli.

I hope you like it. I invented last year when we produced 42 big butternut squash!

Hi! A quick hello and good morning to you all!

Firstly, I’m so sorry for our ladies in Great Britain! Heard the terrible news on the TV this morning about the supposed terror attack near Parliament. My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

I have to quickly take my morning walk and get back to the school to pick up one of my twins to get the stitches removed from her leg where they took out the mole. Weather here is dreary and threatening to rain so I have to get a move on!

I’m doing Ok eating-wise. Weight is hanging out in the 118’s. I think I’ll be doing a 4 day bone broth cleanse in the next week or so which usually is good for a pound or two (if lucky!) loss.

Sue, happy for you that your back is feeling better (mine, not so much right now…comes and goes!). I know what you mean as to how it’s a relief when the kids go back to school after a break! My kids’ spring break is still yet to come in mid April.

Gillian, I always say “easy on, easy off”…just get right back to it and those pounds you just gained should slide right off of you! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I know how you feel when you have so many “eating” events coming up in a row it makes it very hard to stay on track. Just do your best and make the best choices you can and then get back to fasting asap.

Hi Slimmerella (Slim), love the name! If you look on the thread topics section, there’s one for “newbies” authored by Simonconluv I believe. He explains a lot there that should be of help, but like Gillian said, there’s no right or wrong way, just what seems to work for you! Best of luck and we will of course try to help you along the way!

Thanks so much for the recipe Firm! I will try it soon!

Hello all you other MIA ladies! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ok, on to my day! Ciao!

Sherry

thanks Sherry and Gillian!

Iโ€™m a bit stunned at the flexibility in this program so it might be a good one for me.

Iโ€™m going to try and do 4:3 no-food fast to avoid the Hunger Dragon for the next 3 weeks till we go on holiday โ€“ knowing if I fall over on one day Iโ€™ve got 2 more happening. Having said that Iโ€™ll try my damn-dest to stick each day out. Iโ€™ve already learned to keep my fluid up to avoid de-hydration.

On my eating days Iโ€™ll try and do 12 โ€“ 7:30 eating windows โ€“ but recognise if weโ€™re out social that may not happen and thatโ€™s ok. Iโ€™m never hungry in the morning so no problem there โ€“ but to stop eating earlier at night will be a challenge.

Iโ€™ll also try to eat enough on my NFDโ€™s – suspect Iโ€™m in keto and thatโ€™s why my hunger has gone. Iโ€™m hoping that by toughing it out for the next 3 weeks when we go away Iโ€™ll be used to less food and find it easier to manage.

Knowing I can swap days and have something I want tomorrow should stop me feeling like I am in chains and wanting to break out!

Hugs to anyone in London or with family/friends there. As we say in New Zealand “Kia Kaha” โ€“ stay strong.

Thanks K-Lo! I need that sort of encouragement. Turns out I had events every day last week, so I’m poised to try 5-2 next week. I’ll be planning my two small meals in advance to help keep me on track!

Hi everyone,

Just returned from my son’s baseball game (alas, the lost!) and a small farmer’s market before that. The farmers market was a new one put on by the famous “Golden Door Spa”. Have you heard of it? Many wealthy people and celebrities go there for around $9k a week to take off weight and be pampered! It’s right down the street from me but way out of my price range! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Anyhow, apparently they produce much more organic produce from their on-property farm than they need to feed the clientele, so now they’re having a farmers market once a month or so. I got some tangerines, passion fruit, eggs and blood orange marmalade.

Weight 118 even today. My hope is to make it firmly into the 117’s before the end of this month and then reach for 116 in April and 115 in May, after which I’m going to try and maintain during summer vacations! I’m in my goal range so I can only really realistically lose 1-2 lbs a month now, but I’m Ok with that.

Slim, good luck keeping it together (hunger dragon!). Use that carrot of having the vacation to look forward to (and look slimmer for!). Where are you off to on your holidays?

Cosette, here’s hoping this week with no events is an easier one for you!

How did everyone else’s week go? Hope all you’re all having a good and successful weekend! Please check in and let us know how you’re all doing!

Sherry

Hi Everyone!

Sherry has given me the nudge to get my butt back here! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I do more IF and LCHF(low carb, high fat), but I still enjoy reading about all of your journeys.

Sherry, that farmer’s market sounds awesome! Yes, I’ve heard of the “Golden Door”…Ooh La La! I couldn’t afford to walk past the place! LOL!

Sorry I’m not up to speed with all of you. I’ll try to get caught up so I can comment intelligently!

Have a great weekend!

Hi ladies — So good to see all this activity on this forum.

Welcome MAYDAYMAYDAYMAYDAY and Jayne.Lizzy.

Good job, Salma and Milena!

I’m fasting tomorrow, 1st day! I am staring my 175 pounds (12.5 stone, 79 kg) right in the face and am going to beat this one! I have my pedometer and am watching my steps and slowly starting back to the gym. I’m excited to begin and hope this will last!

Hi Everyone,
    Just checking in before bed and wk 3, FD 1 – needs to improve. Have bought Thai soup ingredients so finger crossed!
    Gillian

Good Sunday eve all!

Long day of early morning tennis tournaments for my twins a good hour drive away and then lunch with the team and grocery shopping at the big box store (Costco). Made dinner for the kids and then got out and walked an hour with one of the kids to relieve a little stress (my son is driving me bonkers currently!). I’m super worn out…my older diabetic daughter’s glucose alarm went off twice last night waking me out of a sound sleep and you know at this age how hard it is anyway to get a good night’s sleep! ๐Ÿ™ Anyhow, enough of the whining! Weight today 118 even again so happy with that.

Cosette, I’m not sure but I think you’re responding to old posts? Haven’t heard from Milena and Salma in a while. Good luck on your first official fast tomorrow! You can do it! We are all here cheering you on virtually!

Gillian, sounds like you will make the Thai soup before me…let me know how it is!

Yes, Lori, check in with us when you can. We all have our own little variations of eating. I think its just important to cheer each other on in losing weight period, no matter how we do it!

Let’s have a great week ahead everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sherry

Hello everyone including all the new girls.
    Well after four days of eating out for various functions I had put on 900gms !! FD yesterday pulled it off thank goodness. Still hovering around the 60kgs just can’t seem to drop below for long. I’m doing all the right things except for the past few days. Any ideas ladies ??? My goal is to fit in a beautiful dress I had for my daughters wedding four years ago, I think I have about 3kg to go but just can’t seem to shift it argh!!
    Beautiful weather here in Melbourne, we had some much needed rain yesterday. Managed my gym session. Unfortunately not going to get there today, waiting for tradesmen who are coming but when who knows !
    Encouragement to all who are just starting, you have made a great decision.
    Love to all
    Tilly xx

Good Morning!

Had a good start to my week. Stuck to my LCHF plan and got LOTS of exercise. I did my boot camp session in the morning and then last night, a friend and I walked nearly 5 miles as it was such a nice evening. My hips are feeling it! Scale is still being stubborn, but I know I’m on the right track.

Have great days!

Hi guys,

Checking in real quick. Exhausting days out here. Hubby is home in a week and I can’t wait! 2/3 of the way through the 3 wks of solo parenting. I’m just feeling so DONE!

Tilly, just hang strong…the pounds have to bust loose sooner or later! Maybe switch up the foods you’re eating…a little lower carb or less sugar or white stuff? Different exercise? Just change things up a bit and see what happens. For me, I know when I have too many eating out events, I can’t lose for anything.

Hey Lori, good to see you here! Sounds like you’re on the right track!

I haven’t weighed today but did my pilates and then walked a little over an hour while the girls had their tennis lesson.

Time for shower and bed! Good night!

Good Morning!

A fairly good eating day yesterday, and a boot camp session in the morning. I wanted to walk, but the weather did not cooperate. Today I’m playing golf for the first time this season. I’m not expecting great results. I hope I remember how to swing the club! I’ll get about 6-7 miles of walking in during the round, so I’ll be a tired pup till tonight. Plus, it’s not exactly warm…..we’ll be lucky to see 50 degrees. I don’t really like having to bundle up to play golf, but I’m just so anxious to get back out there.

We’re going out for dinner tonight to an Italian place. Not exactly easy to stay low carb at a place like that. With all the exercise I’ll be getting today, I’m not going to worry too much about what I eat.

Well, time for some coffee. Hope you all have a great day!

Hi All,
    Week 3 FD 2 here, also with Italian meal to negotiate before going to see a play. Half a pizza is about 500 calories apparently. Will I succeed in not eating the other half and also avoiding glass of wine? Next instalment tomorrow.
    Gillian

You can do it Gillian!!

Hi, just started, new this forum, in fact I never post anything. I do it myself, beginning to think that’s not the way forward! So ready for this to work!!

Thanks Slimarella,
    I’m going to try!

Hi Lolibee,
    It’s definitely worth a try. It’s good to have encouragement.

Hi all,
    Gillian hope you withstand the temptation, Italian food is my favorite. So hard to resist ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Welcome to our group Lolibee, it’s always easier when you have support.
    Love Tilly โค

Well – for a first week, I guess last week wasn’t so bad. Not eating during the day wasn’t hard, keeping to 500 calories for dinner was challenging. I’m sure I went over, but I’m not going to beat myself up about it, I am just going to get better at it this week!

This is the first online forum I’ve joined and I’m so appreciative of all your support!

Hi Cosette, sounds like you are on track. I do my FD differently. I start with my breakfast as usual then stick with low cal fruit or popcorn as snacks during the day if I’m too hungry.Then just have my calorie leftovers in vegetables for dinner. It works for me but others do it differently. Whatever works for you. There is no right or wrong way really.
    This was my first online forum and I also have found it very encouraging.
    All the best for your second week.
    Love Tilly x

Happy Sunday ladies! I’ve had a very busy three days, with the kids off for a long 3 day weekend. Lots of activities going on to keep them busy including Beauty and the Beast, my other twin finally getting the nerve to get her ears pierced as well, and tennis matches. Phew! I’m tired and ready for school to start tomorrow to get a break! All of these days involved more going out to eat and snacking/party events than I usually deal with in one week and my weight is up a pound as of yesterday (today I decided not to look!). Back to the drawing board tomorrow!

I’ve been meaning to do my broth cleanse but haven’t had the time and energy to do all the cooking/prep it involves. Hopefully when my hubby finally gets home Tues. after his 3 week business trip I’ll have some time.

Hi and welcome Lolibee! Hope your last few days were successful!

Cosette, good job on your first week. It will surely get easier as time goes on!

Tilly, I eat similar to you, but eat a late breakfast, some light snacks during the day and usually veggies and maybe some chicken at dinner.

Best of luck in the upcoming week to everyone. We have lovely weather here in San Diego…breezy, slightly cool and sunny…Spring has finally sprung! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sherry

Hi Everyone!

Just popping in for a quick check on you all. Hope you all have a fabulous week!

I just got home from walking the golf course. 6.5 miles while pushing my heavy golf bag on a cart. Whew! I’m one tired pup. Haven’t eaten much today either, so time to remedy that situation.

Later!

Viewing 50 posts - 4,551 through 4,600 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.