Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,501 through 4,550 (of 5,077 total)

• Well done poeole trying to loose some extra weight myself going slowly .

Good evening ladies,

Quiet here again! I’m finishing up what’s supposed to be the last day of the 4 day bone broth cleanse but I’m thinking I’ll extend it through tomorrow and get 5 days in. The more the better to hopefully drop more weight before I leave for HI in 3 days. I’m losing slowly but surely but still not down to the 120 I was a week ago! Unbelievable that one Super Bowl Feast did me in that badly, but apparently it did!

Today I thought about what I might want to do for myself while in HI. Of course my goal is always to get some relaxation in but I also like to learn/do something new too if possible. So, I booked a mediation class! I’ve really been wanting to learn. I’ve gotten a few aps for my phone to help in the past but find I don’t really use them. I’m hoping if I actually take some classes, it will help get me in the mode of doing it regularly (I know I need it!).

Also, I’ve been thinking of doing some sort of “team building” activity with my office gals in HI. I’d also been wanting to learn to paint for a long time. So, I’m going to try to combine the two and have this company come into the office and teach us how to paint for 2-3 hours. You get to take home a large canvas painting at the end so I’m excited. I’m wanting to do a Hawaiian theme and hopefully it will look decent enough that I can hang it on my mostly bare walls of the condo! We will see!

That’s about all I’ve got. Still dealing with the unruly teen. UGH! My time away will be a welcome break from dealing with her (my poor husband!).

How’s everyone else doing? I hope well and that you’ve all had a lovely weekend! Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Hugs!

Sherry

Checking in from sick bay here. πŸ™ My husband had this plague last week and now I have it, just in time for my birthday. I had to cancel my plans with my sister to go to the spa today….I’m just not up to it. I’m very disappointed, but I’m hoping we both feel much, much better before we board the cruise ship next Monday! Saturday we drive to Baltimore and then have an early flight Sunday to Ft Lauderdale. A relaxing day in the sun…ahhhh….and then cruise time on Monday!

Enough about me. I hope you’re all doing well. I really have to get my mind back in the game when we return. Time to shift this lard!

Have a good day!

Hi all. Lori that’s very disappointing you’re missing your spa day because you’re ill! However you have the cruise to look forward some SUN. I don’t know about the rest of you, minus the Australia ladies, but we’ve had so many grey days, it’s very depressing. I’d rather the cold temps and SUN. We have snow but it’s just so cloudy and overcast every day.
    Anyway. FD today. Not motivated. Missed a day last week and ate treats on the weekend. Tomorrow meeting friend for dinner. My husband owns a restaurant so he’s working most “special occasion” days including Valentine’s Day. I’ve invited this friend who is single and my 13 yr old son will come along. Just a family restaurant so not too many cozy couples I don’t think.
    Yoga tonight if other plans don’t work out. I’m skipping lunch in case my dinner date bails on me. I didn’t plan this week well with two dinners out. I also made candy to bring into work for v. Day and iI’ll make sure it ALL leaves the house!

Happy Valentine’s Day girls!

Hope you’re having a lovely day and that you’re getting treated extra well by your special someone!

I gave chocolates and little presents to the kids this morning and then headed out for pilates and my hair appointment. Just now getting back to finish packing for Hawaii.

Finally I’m back down to pre-Super Bowl weight of 120 and hoping I can hold firm with a crazy travel day tomorrow. I’m fully planning on coming home 2-3 lbs. lighter due to lots of walking and healthy eating for one (not having to prep various foods for the family!). We will see!

Lori, I hope you’re feeling better by now and so sorry you missed your spa day! Oh well, rescheduling it for after you return from your cruise will give you something fun to look forward to!

Hey, Sue, I’m with you on the grey day thing…very depressing. I hope the sun comes out for you soon! We’ve had sun the last few days and it’s been glorious. Rain is on it’s way for the 3 day weekend though (I’ll be gone in HI but we’re expecting some rain there too…good thing is it usually rains and is quickly gone!).

Well, no special plans with my honey tonight since I’m busy getting ready to leave tomorrow, but we don’t usually go out on Valentines night anyhow because it’s so crazy and the service/food usually suffer. I’ll be making a nice dinner for the family (if I get the packing accomplished!).

So, better get a move on as I’ve got a lot to accomplish in a short amount of time! I’ll try my best to keep in touch while in HI!

ALOHA! )

Aloha Sherry! I hope you have a fabulous, relaxing time in HI. How could you not? Congrats on getting your weight down too, I knew you would.

As for me, I’m on day #4 of being sick. I’m not sure I’ve ever been this sick before. Coughing, achy, just miserable. Today my throat is so sore up in my sinuses that I can hardly stand it. I got up at 2:30 this morning as my throat hurt so badly I couldn’t sleep. I’ve had 2 bad nights in a row of not sleeping much…..that is not helping my recovery. I just keep thinking about the cruise next week. I need some sunshine. I’m falling woefully behind on my walking challenge, but it’s all I can do to go upstairs to the bathroom. Just dragging myself up the stairs is too much effort. Sorry for being so whiny.

If I don’t get back in to post before we leave, I hope you all have a good week. I’m hoping to be back to my old self(only better), after the cruise.

Safe travels Sherry!

Hello!

Sherry, have a great trip! Some time away will probably help with the teenage angst–my son was 16 when he went to boarding school and it improved our relationship in many ways.

Lori, so sorry you’re sick. My daughter was sick last weekend but managed to bounce back. Last night we were crammed in the middle school gym and it was a germ factory!! No wonder she got sick. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Siouxee, hope your dinner was nice. What type of food does your restaurant serve?

Salma, it was great to see you pop on. I hope you are well.

I’m a bit all over the place. I need to up the game for both fast days and non-fast days. I’m still busier than I’m used to and it’s distinctly different things–the class, the business and the remodel…plus regular Mom stuff! Our remodel is starting to come together and that’s exciting. We may even get our washer and dryer back this weekend.

Hi,

Well, as it turns out, I had the flu….the real deal. I went to the Dr yesterday. When I was taking a shower to get ready to go to the Dr, I passed out. We have a walk in shower(no tub) and when I came to, I was lying half in, half out of the shower with my faced mashed into the rug. I have never fainted before…what an odd feeling. I yelled for my husband and he came and helped me dry off and get dressed. I have never, ever been so sick. The Dr took one look at me and said “You have the flu” I nearly passed out again while sitting on the exam table. They laid me down and gave me a cold compress for my head and some soda to drink. There is no medication for the flu, but she gave me a prescription for antibiotics to combat a sinus infection that I had brewing. What a mess. Anyway, I got up this morning after a good night’s sleep and feel 100% better. Thank goodness as we leave for our cruise tomorrow. I’m trying not to overdo it too much today, but we still need to pack our clothing etc. I have a little bit of soreness on the side of my face and my knees from falling in the shower, but it could have been so much worse.

I’ll be gone all next week…..hope you all have a good one! I’ll really be needing this site to get back to healthy eating after a cruise! Yikes!

Take care all!

Hi all
    Ohmygosh Lori! When I saw the first post the first thing I thought was “she’s gotta have the flu” and sure enough! It’s a particularly bad one this year I’ve heard! My Pilates instructor who’s the pinnacle of health was out for over a week! If you get to the doc within 2 days they can give you Tamiflu which helps significantly- I’m guessing you were beyond that point of time unfortunately! Did you get a flu shot this year? Fingers crossed you’re feeling much better when you board for your cruise!

Elizabeth- funny you mentioned it, I was thinking boarding school would be a lovely idea- I’m too chicken to send her though- unless it got just way too unbearable. Right now it’s off & on. I don’t know how you’re living through the remodel plus everything else on your plate! Hoping I get my remodel this year! How’s your eating doing with no proper kitchen to prep meals? That’s what I worry about.

Well, it’s day 2 here in HI. The weather is gorgeous ( sorry Lori!). I’ve been doing a lot of walking and dealing with the pain in the butt of getting a new condo key made since I’d accidentally left mine in CA! Apparently it’s one of the hardest to find someone to make because it’s a high security type like they use for the military! At least that’s what the 3rd place who finally could make it told me! Oh well, at least I’m feeling more secure knowing that!

I also went to my first meditation class. Definitely different- kinda stretching & moving meditation . I liked it and bought a 3 mo. Membership ( I’m a sucker!). Good thing is they have a branch near me in CA too so I’ll get use of it. Could be really good for me/my stress level if I actually do it!

Weight is just under 120. Moving downward slowly but surely. Amazing how much less you eat when not dealing with as much stress and getting to walk a couple hrs per day!

I’m catching up with some paperwork /scheduling stuff and then I think I’ll take a walk into downtown Waikiki and then walk back and watch the free hula show and fireworks the Hilton hotel shoots off every Friday by the beach.

Hi toSue & Tilly & Salma too!

Aloha! πŸπŸŒΊπŸ„

Lori, so sorry you have the flu. Hope you get to cruise and feel okay!!! Don’t they grill you before you get on the ship? Have you sniffed in the past six months???

Sherry, have fun and congrats to being under 120. WOW. My son really wanted to go to this school–it was a STEM school that is as difficult to get into as a university. It would not have worked if it were our idea. That would have been a disaster! We’re so lucky he did it and thrived there.

I reined in the eating the past week but I’m still behind on exercise. I blame the weather, haha.

Oh my gosh I remember this forum!
    I am back , I am starting again the Fast Diet on Tuesday this week. This forum helped me SO much, and the IF worked for me back then. Things got in the way, I got off track, and now , I decided to get back on track because this plan WORKS. And the forums are the best way to stay on track as well.
    Now I will get back to reading the recent postings πŸ™‚

Hi All,

Another week, another fast day lol. Am not losing as quickly as I was the first couple of months. I’ve managed to stay on track so I haven’t gained, but not getting those 1-2lb weekly losses. I suspect I am eating too much on my non FDs, in terms of popcorn or other snacks at night. However, I’m not gaining, so I’m not too upset, but it’s certainly far more motivating if you’re consistently losing weekly. Definitely have lost inches, I can tell by my clothes as well as the tape measure. Checking your measurements really does help psychologically.
    Hope you’re all having a good Tuesday – it’s very mild here, unseasonably so for February, tomorrow we’re supposed to hit 17C which is April or May weather!

Hi ladies, a quick Hawaiian hello from me! Still here for another week. I’ve done lots of walks, some visits to clients, did a painting party with my staff ( a blast and my beachscape doesn’t look too bad if I don’t say so myself! πŸ˜‰), Pilates, and yoga/meditation. Tomorrow I’m taking watercolor painting lessons from a local watercolor artist who illistrates children’s books- should be interesting …. Hope I’m able to do it!

Weather here has been beautiful- a tad cool at night but nothing a light sweater won’t fix! Weight was still below 120 a few days ago but since then I was baking and making my healthy though not calorie free, goodies for the company paint party so there may or may not have been a little too much sampling going on! As a result, I didn’t get on the scale the last few days but probably should tomorrow!

Elizabeth, good job on reigning in the eating! You’ll get to that exercise when you can! I’m better at the exercise part and worse with the eating!

Sue, keep at it even though the scale isn’t showing it, at least your clothes are and those numbers will soon follow!

Ok ladies, I’ll try to check in when I get a moment- seems I’m very busy trying to relax these daysπŸ˜‰. A friend of mine out here is having a 1970’s-current hits dance party to celebrate her bday this Saturday so should be fun. She’s the wellness counselor who advocates healthy eating so there should be lots of healthy choices ( plus I’ll be bringing stuff too). As usual, please forgive my iPad typos!

Luv ya!

Sherry

Hi all. Sherry, sounds like you’re having fun with some relaxing too! I admire your artistic abilities. Art is not my forte, never has been, unless you count paint by numbers when I was a preteen, lol! Enjoy the sunny weather – the vitamin d is good for you!
    Fast day today. Hoping to see a dip in the scales tomorrow. Might try three fast days next week to see if that will make a difference. Work has beeeb really busy, I’m tired early in the evening, going to bed early. Keeps me from snacking!
    We had very unseasonable high temps today and sunshine. A nice preview of Spring!
    Hope all are doing well!
    Sue

Hi all, sitting here in the shade of our camper trailer enjoying the sunshine β˜€οΈCan hear the surf crashing on the beautiful beach over the sand dunes.
    Been a bit naughty with the eating but not too bad. Had a couple of fast days since we left on the 14th. Haven’t done much walking but have been swimming a bit. Been too hot for walking. Heat and MS not a good combo 😏
    Sounds lovely Sherry, all the arty things. My daughter is an artist as well as teaching English and art at high school. And my best friend is an artist too her name is Jenny Wood, this is her website http://www.jennywoodart.com she is quirky but clever. My artist gifts are more musical or quilting 😁
    Planning on organizing a spa day whilst I’m away. Some friends have joined us, so the boys can go fishing and the girls can go the spa πŸ˜‰

Love to all Tilly xx

Hi girls, dance bday party was fun last night- lots of “interesting” people there- lots of healing new age types with lots of different ideas- πŸ˜‰ I went on 3 hour mostly uphill hike in the mountains with part of the party group earlier in the day- beautiful Norfolk and iron pines & views. So anyhow, hoping between the hike & dancing that I didn’t put on too many lbs! As usual, I did’nt weigh today as it’s the day after an indulgence!

Tomorrow I’m meeting on of the wellness people for help with my back issues and then hitting beautiful Kailua beach. Tomorrow night is dinner at Duke’s with a friend from CA who moved here last summer to manage the Macy’s department store in Waikiki.

I have another watercolor class on Tuesday. The first one this week went pretty good- I’m in the process of painting a sea turtle ( I just love them, especially their beautiful doe eyes!).

Ok, I’ve spent this morning cleaning up this condominium for before I leave on Fri. The kids’ room was left a big mess by them when we last came in November. Normally I’d make them clean but we won’t be back as a family till July and my mom might stay here in the interim so didn’t want a mess left. So now I’m going to grab a good book and a salad for dinner and head across the street to sit by the beach and relax! I’ll take an evening walk there after it cools down a bit.

Sue, fingers crossed you bust through that plateau with the fasts this week!

Tilly, ( iPad keeps trying to change you to “Filly”!), so we’re both on a beach get away! Sounds lovely that the waves are right outside your door! Enjoy your spa day! I might get a massage on Thursday form one of my new party friends, the “healer massage therapist” πŸ˜‰. Who knows? She may have magic healing hands!

Toddles for now! 😘🌴🌺

Hello Everyone!

I have emerged on the side of the living! That flu knocked me on my butt big time. When we left on Saturday the 18th, I was still feeling pretty rough. Sunday we flew to Ft Lauderdale and I was starting to feel a little better. I got some Advil cold & sinus & some AdvilPM to help me sleep. Sunday night I FINALLY had a good night’s sleep and it made the world of difference. Monday morning we headed for the ship. Yes, they do ask you if you’ve been sick and yes, I lied. I had been on antibiotics and was feeling better so I didn’t feel like I was going to spread anything to anyone. Each day was better and we had a good time.

Now to face the music….the 6+ lbs that I gained in 2 weeks of eating all manner of crap. When I was sick, I ate and drank whatever just trying to survive. On the cruise I made the decision to eat whatever and whenever I wanted. I’m back on low carb and a bit of fasting as of yesterday. I was more than ready to get back on track. I suppose it’ll take me months to lose the gain, let alone lose more. Oh well……that’s life.

Back to boot camp this morning for the first time in 3 weeks! I may die. I see a nap in my future. I have also fallen behind on my walking challenge, but I’ll resume that in the next few days and will catch up my miles when the weather starts to get warmer.

Hope you are all well. Sherry…sounds like you’ve been enjoying Hawaii! How could you not?

Later!

Hey, Ladies! Sorry to be awol!

Lori, glad you were able to cruise!!! We had to tell a little lie the one time we went–my daughter had had the runs but we knew it was from something else.

Sherry, glad you’re having such a nice time away.

Sue, good luck doing three fds! When I’m in the groove I can do that. I hope to get in that groove again before long!!!!

Tilly, enjoy the beach!!

Welcome back, Opal!

We’ve had a rough spell with my daughter being sick and coinciding with all sorts of things including an all county concert she was first chair for! We had to bolster her up to get through it! Meanwhile we were out of the house a couple of days due to fumes from the floor refinishing. Plus various other craziness. Anyway, I’m just trying not to gain at this point. I can’t get organized enough to stick with a plan!

Hope to do better soon–I’ve had modified fds to keep in practice! Good luck, all!!

Hi girls,

I’m at the airport waiting for my flight home. Boy did the time go by fast! Even the gal I have managing my office who drove me to the airport remarked how it seemed like I just got here yesterday ! Sadly I won’t be back again for my Hawaii fix until July (I know- waaaah- poor me! πŸ˜‰) ….but I do miss it! Can’t wait for the day when the kids are off and we’re semi- retired and can come more often!

I was doing good on the weight front and then I made a lentil strew which either by way of the carbs or sodium put 1.5 lbs on this morn. Oh well, back to stricter tomorrow.

Lori, I’m also happy you were able to lie your way on to that cruise πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†! Glad you had a great time! I bet that 6lbs is gone quick-sounds like a lot for such a short time so I’m betting its just salt/carry water retention that’ll be gone in no time. It drives me crazy when I eat just the littlest but outside my normal box and gain- a royal PITA!

Hey Elizabeth, how’s your daughter doing? I hope she’s ok! Was it related to her digestive issues? How much longer till that darn remodel is completed? If you can hold your own with your weight right now with all the craziness, that’s great. When things slow down you can focus again.

Ok everyone, have a wonderful weekend if I don’t talk to you in the next few days due to jet lag, unpacking, etc.

Sherry

I have tried the 5:2 diet plan. I think I have every book on the subject! I am hesitant, however, when it comes to the actual fasting days! Really no excuse because I know I can do it. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has combined the 6-8 window of eating with this plan? Does it increase weight loss? I do THAT part every day without any problem-lol! I need to get to the fasting days.

Thanks!:)

Have a read of Jason Fung-The Obesity Code. It really helped me to fast regularly and for longer…plus I lost another inch off my waist over 6 weeks too.

Ugh my friends, I am starting over Monday… Not sticking with it but hey, I will forgive myself and try again, because it worked before! I just need to find that inner motivation!
    Thank you !

annette52 Wow I just looked at the sample of that book on Amazon and it looks very good! Thank you ! Ordered it now!

Hey everyone,

Hi Opal, good to see you again! Hope we can help you get back on your path to weight loss! We all slip and get back on the horse eventually!

I’m still getting used to the time change…not sleeping well and my girls’ blood sugars have been crazy at night lately sounding off alarms so that hasn’t helped either.

Thinking of being brave and getting on the scale tomorrow. yikes!

Let’s have a great week everyone! Anyone fasting tomorrow?

Sherry

Hey everyone,

Hi Opal, good to see you again! Hope we can help you get back on your path to weight loss! We all slip and get back on the horse eventually!

I’m still getting used to the time change…not sleeping well and my girls’ blood sugars have been crazy at night lately sounding off alarms so that hasn’t helped either.

Thinking of being brave and getting on the scale tomorrow. yikes!

Let’s have a great week everyone! Anyone fasting tomorrow?

Sherry

Hi everyone, well we are into the last week of our four week trip. Back in our home state of Victoria but up north at a town called Alexandra. We are camper on the banks of the Goulburn River. I can hear the water lapping here in my camper. 😁 Internet has been a bit hit and miss these past few weeks as we have been off the grid in National parks most of the time. Seen some beautiful places. If you google Wollomombi Falls National Park and Hill End New South Wales you can see where I have been. πŸ˜‰
    5:2 has pretty much gone by the wayside these past three weeks. I have had two fast days but when you are hiking and traveling keeping up the amount of water for a fast day when toilets are few and far between is challenging to say the least haha I have resigned myself to getting back on track when I get home next week.
    Looking forward to a quiet nights sleep tonight. Last night we were in transit so we pulled off the highway and set up camp. Trucks rumbling past all night does not make a good sleep 😴 lol Ahh the joys of camping.
    Sherry Ann it sure is hard getting back into the swing of things when we’ve been away. I have tried to exercise a bit whilst away mainly walking. But my knee has blown up the past few days so not much walking for me for a few days. Oh well there’s always next week haha
    Hi to the new people to me Opal and Annette. Stick with it, we will get there. Opal would love to know what you mean by 6-8 eating window. I googled it but a number of options came up.
    Night all
    Love Tilly xx

Oops the question about the 6-8 window should be to stranger on the shore. Sorry about that πŸ˜‰

By the way Lori the beach was divine. The water was warm and we swam every day although challenging what with surf and keeping our eyes open for sharks πŸ‘€πŸ‘€ I’m sure I’m not the only person who hears the Jaws theme music whenever she enters the ocean hahaha
    Love Tilly xx

Hello Everyone!

It has been a long time since I last posted! My return to boot camp after our vacation resulted in a relapse in my flu symptoms. I ended up not feeling well again and had to take another week of recovery. This is the first week that I can really say that I’ve felt good since mid-February. I’ve done 2 boot camps this week and I have dropped most of the cruise gain.

I’m on day 3 of a 3 day egg/fat fast. I’ll be weighing in for results tomorrow morning. I’m hoping to have lost the rest of my vacation weight. If nothing else, this fast has helped me break some bad habits that I had gotten into. Won’t go into details, but a spoon and the peanut butter jar were involved. πŸ™

Hope you are all well and enjoying your journey.

Hi Tilly,

According to the books I have the 8 hour eating window is the timeframe that you should stay in within a 24 hour day period. For example, begin eating for the day, say 12 noon. End your eating no later than 8 pm. Or if you have a 7 am breakfast end your eating 3 pm. This latter time would be very hard to do! The shorter the time between beginning and end hours, the better! I find it easy to have a noon meal and end at 8 pm. I have read that some people don’t begin their eating time until 1 pm. They can then have until 9 pm to eat what they want.

I may not have explained this very well. I do have books that do
    ,however! There’s one called The 8 hour Diet. I think that this plan combined with the 5:2 programme would work very well! I really need to focus on doing both! πŸ™‚

Good Wednesday Eve ladies!

Today was spent at LEGOLAND with my twins on their class field trip. I’m officially counting it as my walking exercise for today!

I weighed in at 120.6 today…not bad considering I KNOW I was venturing well into mid 120’s territory earlier this year! It was a bit depressing when I got on my scale in Hawaii this month to see my former last weigh in number when I was there in November as being in the 115’s (for some reason the last weigh in number pops up?. So, needless to say, I have 5 lbs. to lose to get back to my pre-holiday weight. It could be worse, as in years prior, I’d just keep gaining until around Easter, at which time I’d panic that summer was right around the corner and I’d better get back on the stick with trying to lose weight. I’m planning on reaching that goal in May.

Additionally, I guess I should also feel pretty good given a new report sent to me by 23 and Me (where I’d had that genetic analysis done)today that said women like me that are primarily of European descent, 53 years old and 5’2″ weigh on average 146 lbs.! Sadly, women with my genetics tend to weigh 3% more than the average woman! I knew my genes were conspiring against me (just a little) πŸ˜‰

Wow, Tilly, I don’t know if I knew you were going on holiday for a whole month-that’s great! I’m going to google your vacation spots as soon as I’m done here. I was just thinking about our proposed 1 month motorhome trip across the U.S. from California to Michigan this summer and how I’d be sitting on my bum most of the time as we drove an extraordinary amount of miles each day and how fat I might become as a result! It will be interesting. I’ll have to be extra diligent with the food choices and trying to walk whenever we finally stop and park!

Lori, glad the cruise weight is almost gone! It is a great thing, the fasting. It really does push the reset button as it were! In my prior life, I’d be right there with you (the spoon in the peanut butter jar!). I was told by that wellness coach that peanut butter wasn’t the best choice for me because peanuts are grown in moldy conditions, which is bad for our bodies (unless you get Valencia peanut butter which are grown in Spain and not as prone to mold)…feel free to use that information if it helps you to stay out of the peanut butter! So, now I get into trouble with almond butter! πŸ˜‰

Welcome StrangerOTS! Hi to Opal, Sue, Elizabeth and any of our other friends out there!

Time to get the kids to bed!

Week 1, FD 2
    Wish me luck.

Hi Gillian, welcome to our little group.
    All the best for the journey of 5:2
    Tilly xx

Unfortunately, it’s ten to four and I have got about 70 calories left. Long evening ahead.

Hi all,

Gillian, try some protein rich broth, 3 or so ounces of meat and some veggies or a half serving of a protein drink (they’re usually around 120-150 cals for a full serving). Planning ahead I think is key on a FD to be successful. Welcome aboard and good luck!

Home with another sick kid today…stomach flu. I haven’t been too hungry today so I think I’ll make it into a fast day. I love when that happens (however rare!).

Sherry

Thanks Sherry,
    Lesson learned there.

Have put consommΓ© on the shopping list.

Hi again ladies,

So I’ve decided to incorporate a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) program into my workouts to burn the fat faster. I was advised to do so by one of the wellness counselors I was talking to while in Hawaii last week. Doing HIIT also stimulates the human growth hormone activity and so is anti-aging. I thought I couldn’t do HIIT because of my lower back/SI issues and the fact that high impact stuff bugs that area. But, I found this http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/low-impact-high-intensity-interval-cardio-workout/when I googled low impact HIIT and think I’m going to start doing it and see what happens!

Tilly, I checked out Wollomomba Falls (really pretty!) and Hill End (looked like a quaint old town?). Where are you though that you’re by the ocean?

Gillian, you’re welcome! Better yet, if you have the time, make up a batch of organic bone broth (lots of recipes on internet) and freeze extra for when you need it. Super high in protein and good for gut health too! πŸ™‚

Sherry

Tilly, I checked

Hi there,
    SherryAnn we started our camping adventure just north of a Sydney camping on the shores of the Myall Lakes. From there we travelled north to a place called Coffs Harbour where we stayed for eight nights catching up with some friends from Brisbane. That was our beach stays. We then headed inland to Wollomombi and Hill End. We are now in Alexandra, Victoria on the banks of the Goulburn River until Tuesday next week when we drive the last 1 1/2 hours home.
    On the 5:2 front I had my first fast day yesterday for a couple of weeks. Hopefully starting to reduce what I’m sure i’ve put on whilst being away 😏
    Well back to my knitting, I have a cardigan to finish before I go home. πŸ˜‰
    Love Tilly xx

Sherryann,

That’s great that you will be incorporating High Intensity Interval Training exercises into your workout plan! From all the diet books I have- lot’s of them!- I have concluded that this is the best way to burn fat. Good luck! πŸ™‚

Sherry, the HIIT training is a great fat burner for sure and will change your body shape like nothing else! That is what we do in my boot camp sessions. You will love it and you can modify moves to make sure that you don’t inflame your back.

Let us know how it goes!

I do a circuits class 3-5 times a week. This morning felt tired after a fast day though.

I’m net to these message board and pretty new to fasting. I do 20/4 most days to 18/6 depending on how my hunger goes that day. I did a 24 hour fast from one day lunch to the next day lunch and that was it so far. I am 50 and interested in learning more about how everyone is doing with fasting and the other things that help with weight loss and maintaining.

I am a baker so sugar is an issue for me. I try to keep it at a minimum, but I also try to be realistic about the temptation and honestly the desire to eat some of that sweetie goodness………. which is not very healthy.

I have a lot working against me:
    I’m human
    I’m female
    I’m happily married
    I’m a baker
    I’m a mom
    I’m a grandmom
    most of those come with sugar as a sidekick!!

I live in southeast PA, USA
    Beth

Welcome Beth,
    I am new to 5:2 and week 2. After week 1, I went from 140.4lb to 137.8lb. I am not expecting such losses to continue. I realise others may have more
    To lose but I have put on about 14lb in the last year following retirement so want to do something about it. I doing a 500 cal day today but got tripped up by lunch out. I was going to have a bowl of soup but there wasn’t any so ended up eating a large egg mayonnaise sandwich. So that’s it for today.

Hi everyone,

I’ve been AWOL with the stomach flu this weekend, courtesy of the kids. I tell ya, this version is a “hanger onner”, I got sick Friday night after a rare dinner out with the hubby, my mom and stepdad. Saturday just managed gingerale, crackers and applesauce. Sunday I started feeling better and got on the scale to see a crazy almost 4 lbs lost (I hate seeing these crazy losses because they get you so excited for all of 2 minutes until you realize they aren’t real!). I ate little (MAYBE 800 cal max), but normally the rest of the day yesterday and then felt bad later in night around 2am. My daughter who got it last Thursday had a repeat feeling like she might get sick last night too. UGH! Anyhow, up 2 lbs today (told you the weight loss would be fleeting!) but still about 1.5 lbs below where I was prior to becoming ill. Ate a banana today and will maybe eat some applesauce and crackers later. So weird~ luckily, I have my annual appointment with my GP tomorrow and can ask her what she thinks is going on. I’ve never had a stomach flu that had me feeling this on and off yucky for this long!

All exercise including my HIIT and walking on hold for now. Hoping to still do pilates tomorrow!

Beth, hello and welcome! There’s some newbie info on the thread I believe from simonconluv? that might be helpful. I am in my maintenance range of 115-120, having started on this WOL (way of life as we call it) a year ago last summer. I reached it last May. I’m a slow loser and I like to bake too so the process didn’t go as fast as it has for some. This is very do-able though and it’s just like anything else, you have to stick with it and get back on the horse if you fall off.

I have tons of truly yummy healthy baked goods recipes which I’ve gathered on the internet that I can share. I tend to go to the paleo websites which use more almond and coconut type flours and honey, maple syrup for sweeteners. Having 2 diabetic daughters, I used a lot of stevia and yacon syrup (like molasses) which are low glycemic. I sub yacon syrup whenever I see honey or maple syrup (just add a little maple extract too) in a recipe. Hope that helps!

Hope you are all doing better than me health wise! Talk to you soon!

Sherry

Hello Salma and everyone else. I joined this site yesterday and am doing my first fast day today. I had porridge with some blackberries for breakfast and tonight I’ve eaten ratatouille, tuna (in spring water) and cauliflower plus various teas and coffees. Bizarrely, I wasn’t very hungry when I missed lunch but now I’ve eaten my main meal, I’m really hungry. Is this normal? I’m hoping my stomach might shrink by doing 5:2 as I love food and big portions are a big part of my problem. So far I’ve had 440 calories so I can have a yoghurt in a moment.
    I weigh a very similar amount to you, Selma.I’m a shocking 93kg. Not healthy, not nice to look at, with hip pains and I’ve got to do something about it. I’m 58 and I’d like to approach my 60th birthday slim and healthy. It certainly gets harder to lose weight over 50 so it’s good to meet some others in the same situation.

Hi Firmandfruity,
    Your food sounds really good. Much better than mine.
    Best of luck. I agree it is really difficult to lose weight the older you are. I used to be able to eat anything – no more.

I am going to do my second fast starting now until tomorrow the same time. Lunch to lunch. That’s the only 24 hour fasting I’m doing at this point. I drink water and tea with 1 Tablespoon skim milk, measured out, coming to about 4 ounces of skim milk throughout the fasting time.
    I am starting to read through the message boards for more information and suggestions.

Thank you Sherry!!! I need to know all can still go well even when you indulge. I bake at a local deli and it’s always around and available. I do good most of the time….but some days/situations are so tempting. I made some Irish Potato candy yesterday and it’s my latest sugar indulgence. I enjoyed it and now I need to get it out of site/ out of mind.
    Health wise I am good. All my numbers are good and my physical condition is also good, minus a sore knee or heal off and on depending on my exercise level.

Thanks Gillian!!! I am new to fasting, but not new to weight loss and gain. I am doing pretty good over this past year and probably need another 6 months to get to my goal………… if I am 90% focused… or more πŸ™‚
    in candy recently. I just finished lunch and I won’t eat till lunch tomorrow. (that’s the plan anyway)

Have a great day everyone!!
    Beth

Good Tuesday eve all,

Super busy day today. Husband is gone for extended business trip for 3 wks. leaving me to handle everything (school drop off/pick up, practices, games, meals, etc.). Granted he did it for me a short while ago, but it was only 2 weeks! πŸ˜‰ He’s the math guy in the house. I’m unfortunately having to relearn converting fractions to decimals. I hate math!

Got my annual physical done today…just need to go get lab work done. I hadn’t been for a physical in 3 years and happy to report I’ve lost 20 lbs. since that visit. I knew I was heavier back then but didn’t remember how much. Also went to pilates and grocery shopping and then got exercise walking around the tennis courts while my twins had practice. Then dinner and homework, clean up and laundry. Exhausting! Sorry…had to whine a bit!

Hi and welcome Firm & Fruity! Cute name! You sound like you’ve got it down with your fasting menu! You still had room to play at the end of the day! πŸ˜‰ For me as far as portions and feeling full, you can’t beat broth based soups and big salad/veggie portions! Let’s do this together! We’ll help you get “Firm by Sixty”!

Beth what in the world is Irish potato candy? Yeah, I don’t think it would be easy to bake professionally and diet but nothing is impossible when you put your mind to it. Unfortunately for me, sugar is like a drug…once I start it’s very hard to stop. I got myself in a lot of trouble with it over the holidays and gained a good 5 lbs!

Gillian, how was your day today? Was it a FD or non-FD? Did you end up doing OK then on your fast day after the mess up? Did you in fact just stop eating after that? I started about where you are at 135 lbs. Are you a shorty like me (5’2″)?

Stranger and Lori! What are you two up to? Hope doing well and having success! Catch up with us when you can!

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now. I have to shower and get to bed so I can start it all over again tomorrow!

Have a good one ladies! πŸ™‚

Hi Sherryann!
    How nice to hear from you. Next FD is tomorrow. I am just replying to you while lying in bed thinking about the day. I am doing a university course and have an assignment to do for tomorrow so am going to skip my circuits class and swim and get my head down this morning before going out to lunch with my friend who has had a heart attack (things could be worse). So dangers lurking there. At least I won’t be drinking. I am 5ft .6 so a bit taller. I can’t remember if I said but I am also an injured runner and trying to get back to what they call a racing weight – 20lb is fantastic. What an inspiration. Do you weigh yourself every day?

Have to go and get on the scales now.
    Xx

Viewing 50 posts - 4,501 through 4,550 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.