Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,601 through 4,650 (of 5,077 total)

• Good morning fellow 50-somethings (how did that happen so quickly)

Great thread – of course the title immediately jumped out at me! I thought I was the only one 😉. I have just joined – today is my first fast day …… 😮 and l am reading this thread with interest and seeing how you are all doing! I am doing this because my friend started this diet in January and has lost just over a stone and her husband has lost two stone and they both look and feel so much better for it. She has got back to a weight she hasn’t been since before children (who are now in their 20’s). The difference between her and me though is that she is very focused and once she starts something she will see it through come what may. I, on the other hand, am a bit of a ‘give up at the first hurdle’ type of girl so if l don’t see results my head kinda tells me that l might as well eat and not lose weight rather than not eat and not lose weight!

I have tried various diets in the past but for the first time l am joining a discussion group in the hope that the support will help me stick to my goals. So would love to know how you all feel and cope when the scales stay obstinately stuck in the same place?

Also is soup the way forward?
    D xx

Welcome to the group Duds, glad to have you on board.
    Our journeys on here are the same but different. For myself my weight has crept up in the past 5 years. Health issues and stuff got the better of me. I also have tried a number of ways over the past years. Did the Dukan diet 5 years ago, lost 10kg felt great then slowly put most of it back on…not so great 😏
    I’ve been on the 5:2 since July last year and lost about 7lbs. Slow and steady is the way with this lifestyle.
    Having said that I have been stuck for the past 4 weeks, lose a bit put it back on which is frustrating but I will persist because I feel better even tough the scales are not necessarily showing a downward trend at the end.
    There are no right or wrong ways, if soup will work for you go for it. There are a number of articles on here which will have some useful tips to help.
    Cheers
    Tilly x

Hey, guys!

Welcome, Duds!

I’ve been awol for a while, but I hope to get back in the groove. Our big remodel project is ending, yay! The granite is going in right this minute and eletrical and plumbing should be finished this week and then the backsplash tile next week. Yippee!!

It has been very disorienting and I let it get me off track. Fortunately I’ve been able to hold my own with a one day a week fast day.

I’ll try to scan the old posts but good luck, all. I hope everyone is well.

Hi my name is sharron
    I am 48 and am determined this time to loose this weight and change my lofestyle as well
    I have always had body issues going from a healthy 9 stone down to 6 stone back up to 10 and now 14 stone
    So together we can beat this and get were we need to be

Thanks for the welcome and support!

Day 1 done – not as bad as l thought but was a busy day so took my mind off it. The test will be next fast day in the office when the biscuits come out. Oh well, worry about that on Thursday. Does anyone find it changes the way you eat on non-fast days? Tilly1963 – your experience with getting stuck on a diet is exactly what l have suffered from in the past and usually give up so good for you for sticking to it.

Early night to dream about what l can eat tomorrow …… 😊
    D xx

Have a good weekend everybody whether you are fasting or not (does anyone fast over the weekend??). See you on the flip side …..

Hi Everyone,
    Four weeks in, 2lb down, and about to take a week off as away on various holidays. See you the other side of Easter.
    Gillian

Good morning ladies from sunny Southern San Diego!

Just got back from my morning walk with the hubby. Beautiful breezy spring temps hereabouts!

Welcome Duds! You can do this! Just have to work on developing that “stick-to-it-ness habit! The good thing here is, if you fall off the wagon, you jump back on the next day or so with a fast. Like a jumpstart, it mentally and physically clears things…at least for me! I personally don’t usually fast on weekends if I can avoid it as there’s usually more eating out going on to make it more difficult. An exception is the once a month I do a bone broth/ veggie/ protein/ fruit cleanse (which is basically like a fast-maybe a bit higher in cal’s) for 4 days and sometimes, depending on my schedule, that will fall during a weekend.

Tilly, any movement on the scale yet? I know it can be so frustrating. Just concentrate on it being better steady than going up! Have you taken the suggestion to shake your diet or exercise routine up a bit to see what happens? Even drinking a lot more water really helps-I’ve seen this fact in myself!

Hi Elizabeth (Carolina), So glad the turmoil of the remodel is almost over and you can get back to concentrating on you! Holding your own with a once a week fast is a proud achievement giving what you’ve been going through! 😉

Hi to Sharon too and best of luck to you as well! This is a nice, supportive group and we will help any way we can!

Gillian, how great! 2 lb down! Now to maintain it over the Easter holidays! Be strong!

Hi to our other friends on this thread!

I myself am taking off tomorrow on an Easter camping trip to the desert (Palm Springs/Palm Desert). There will be lots of yummy eating temptations there but I will be trying my best to limit them. Having a motorhome helps since we can eat most of our meals there as opposed to out, though of course we want to eat out on occasion…it is a vacation after all! So wish me luck as I wish you all luck over this next week and I’ll talk to you when I return!

Ciao!

Sherry

Hi all!

Well, I’ve been at it for 2 weeks now with some success. My fasting is fine, sticking to the 500 calories in the evening has been a bit tricky. But I am hoping that with practice I will get there! Honestly, breaking the evening cocktail habit with my hubby is hard! I’ll need to find some kind of nice replacement to sip with him while he has his.

Thanks for the support!

Coesett

Hi to all. Just joined today and i’m determinated to sculpture a new body for me!! Good luck for all

Congrats to Youndither and the other new peeps!!!

Have fun camping, Sherry.

I’m in a holding pattern but this basically works for me so I recommend it!

I’m slowly getting in a more regular pattern after a long winter and remodel, etc.

Hoping to be good over Easter/Spring Break–we have a few challenges.

Take care!!!

Hi all,

Just back from our camping trip yesterday. Lots of laundry and unloading the motorhome. Eating was so so but we did get a lot of walking and hiking in, including the top hike at Joshua tree National park (all uphill 1.5 miles!). I’m not weighing in till like a week after Easter! 😉

Now, on to the cleaning, meal prep, shopping, Easter basket making (I’m hosting Easter dinner for my giant extended family). I think I need a real vacation in a hammock somewhere on a beach!

Hi to Youndither. Welcome and best of luck!

Cosette, sounds like you’re getting the hang of it. Hope you find that drink replacement that works for you!

Hey, Elizabeth, hope the Easter break challenges work out ok!

Hi to all the rest out there!

Time for a shower and bed.

Thanks, Sherry! I have found the Aperol Spritz. A nice little bitter with very few calories! Hope you had a great camping trip. I am originally from Southern California (now live in DC) and I miss those days.

AND…this week is the first in months in which the scale went down instead of up! So excited about finally moving in the right direction.

Hello Everyone,
    Cosette – great to hear that the scales are going down – I hope to emulate you.

I have spent a few days showing my niece round London, eating junk. So 1lb up I’m afraid. I am back on 5:2 now. One FD and another tomorrow – though day ending at the Royal Opera House, at the ballet with a friend – so will have to be careful.

Sherryann – so much camping – how great.

Youndither – welcome.

Hey girls,

Confession time…I’ve been very, very bad I’m afraid! 🙁 Easter wasn’t too bad, but prepping for it was a bit exhausting after the camping trip/aftermath of cleaning, laundry, etc. So, I blame my tiredness on my lack of will power the day after Easter (yesterday), when I proceeded to EAT my way through Disneyland. I haven’t gone off the rails at Disneyland in forever! We have an annual pass and go quite often so I’ve gotten used to eating fairly well there (no big deal as it were). BUT, yesterday when I sat out on a few roller coaster rides while the hubby and kids went on them, I ate dark chocolate covered almonds and a churro (for those of you not from here, it’s a like a long Mexican cinnamon sugar fried donut). THEN, I topped it off with “Dibs”, little bite sized vanilla ice cream balls covered in chocolate which I ate with the rest of the gang at the end of the day. Mind you, in retrospect, and even while I was eating these things, none of them, except the chocolate covered almonds!, were very good…so mad at myself! Ah well, today is another day and I’ve been fairly good. My hubby and I are doing a four day bone broth/ protein/ fruit/ veggie cleanse starting tomorrow which should clean the slate.

Cosette, where did you live in So Cal? Yay on the scale going in the right direction!

Gillian, it is hard to eat as we should when we have so many extra things going on! Good luck to us both getting back on track!

Hi to all the other MIA ladies on the thread!

Let’s have a good rest of the week!

Hi all!

Where is everyone? Very quiet here! I’m on day 4 of the 4 day cleanse. Doing good. I was 117.8 before I left for the desert during Easter break and got on the scale today and it read 119.2. Not good! I must have done a lot of damage between the vacation and Disneyland! Hoping the end of the fast tomorrow at least puts me in the 118’s. Still hoping for close to 115 by the end of May when we start our vacations.

Tomorrow, as I end this cleanse, we have the end of the season tennis party for my twins. It’s a potluck BBQ. Always something going on to derail me lately! I have to be extra vigilant so as not to undo 4 days worth of cleansing!

How’s everyone else doing? Well, hope to hear from you all as I know I could use a little support, don’t know about the rest of you! 😉

Have a good rest of your weekend everyone!

Ciao!

Sherry

Hi Sheryann,
    Sorry to have been quiet. Was hoping to have better news to report. 138.8 here which is only a couple of lb down from the beginning some weeks ago now. This is duento eating too much (of course!) have to try angaim on Monday my next fast day. Worst thing is that I have got a new job and probably have to squeeze into suit on Tuesday which will be tricky.

Need to get back in the rhythm.
    X

Hi Sherry & Everyone!

I’m kind of having an “off the rails” weekend as my sister is here. I’m not being totally wicked, but having a treat here and there. 🙁

Sherry, hope your cleanse went well and that the BBQ did not do any damage. I’m sure you stayed strong. Where are you vacationing to starting in May?

I need to start incorporating a proper fast day into my LCHF plan. I think it will really help to shake things up.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi Everyone,
    It has been a bit quiet on here. FD today think I’ve been good after my not so good Easter 😏
    My husband is away for the next two weeks so I am hoping to get on the straight and narrow without being drawn into eating out too often haha
    Still plateauing which is frustrating, tried to mix it up with food and exercise to little avail. Oh well ‘just keep swimming’
    Hope you are all going well, stay strong. We can do this I know.
    Love Tilly xx

Hi, used to do intermittent fasting but gave up and have half heartedly tried for the past 18 months. Today woke up and thought I just can’t keep pretending anymore…so am back on track. Everything I read points to the benefit of IF …I’m tired of feeling out of control so today i will not think about how much I need to lose but will take it one day at the time. I am now 54 so I think I might share similar experiences as others on this thread. Well best get up and face the day!! Emel

Good morning ladies!

Well, yesterday was a “fail” with regard to eating in control at the tennis party! Oh well, what I did eat was healthy-ish. Eating too much made me not want to eat later in the day so there’s that! 😉 We leave in a week for our twins’ California State government trip to the state capitol, Sacramento and San Francisco so I’d like to fit comfortably into my skinny jeans for that! Have to hit it hard this week…wish me luck!

Gillian, I hope your Monday fast day eating is going better for you! Gillian and “off the rails” Lori! Let’s hold each other accountable to make this a GREAT eating week, ok? I’m doing another cleanse day today (which is basically fasting/under 500 cal) to hopefully take care of the damage I did yesterday. I will also probably try to do two more fasts this week on Wednesday and Friday.
    Are you with me? 🙂

Tilly, plateaus are so annoying! Yes, just keep swimming is all we can do! Better than going in the reverse/up direction, right? How’s your non fast day eating going? Are you staying in your TDEE daily? Just wondering if that’s the culprit at all?

Hi Emel, I’m joining you at 54 in a few short months. Best of luck at putting your best foot forward this time around! We 50-somethings are here for support!

Have a great start of the week everyone!

Sherry

Hi everyone!

I just spent four days in Austin, TX. I don’t know if any of you have been, but if I had to sum it up in one word it would be “TACO”. Seriously good food there. But, knowing I’d have to get back on the scale today, I stayed focused. And? I stayed the same! I am seriously happy about that! Back to fasting this week and hoping to get two days in.

Welcome Emel! I’m still don’t have fasting completely regularized, but this group is helping me get there.

Sherry – I’m originally from the San Fernando Valley/L.A. area. I also lived in Santa Barbara before moving to D.C. Hope you have/had a great family trip.

Cheers!

Cosette,

I grew up in Chatsworth in the San Fernando Valley! Where in the Valley did you grow up?
    Sherry

Hi girls,

Fasting today…is anyone joining me? Had my 100 cal protein drink late this morning and thinking of 140 per cup sausage lentil stew I made last night for lunch. Might throw in some blackberries later and a salad with protein for dinner and call it a day!

Well, it’s mid-week…how are you all doing? I’ve got some meal prep to do today (turkey sausage patties and muffins) to make weekday breakfasts easier for the kids and then on to pick up the three younger ones to take them to a senior care facility where their choir will be singing to the elderly. They do this every month or two. It’s so nice to see the seniors singing along and clapping their hands to the beat. Afterwards the kids go around and chat with the seniors and shake their hands. Nice to bring a little extra joy to their lives and a good lesson for the kids!

As I type, hearing back round on the TV about North Korea and it’s missile capability to hit Hawaii and possibly California (both places where I live). The world is so messed up…

On that note, try to have a good day!

Sherry

Hello…..

Welcome to Emel and others joining and rejoining.

I survived Spring Break. The inlaws came for Easter in our almost complete kitchen! I made scalloped potatoes and got an assortment of cold meats for our salt black. We also celebrated my husband’s birthday. Then my daughter and I went to Pittsburgh to see our son at Carnegie Mellon! So lots of eating, but also lots of walking. I ended up without gaining, knock on wood.

Now that the weather is nicer and we don’t have the stress of work people coming and going constantly, plus the house in disarray, I’m slowly getting back on track. I’ve decided that with my daughter’s schedule, it works best to have one fast day a week and three modified fast days. That’s doable for me although sometimes it turns into four modified fast days! It’s sustainable at least. I’m also trying to do HIT several days. I need to start back with power walks and weight lifting….

So Sherry, I’m not exactly fasting today but I am part of the way with you, haha.

Good luck, everyone. Remember that feeling hungry passes. That thought helps me anyway…..

Hello –

I am new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Suzan and I’m originally from Hawaii, although I currently live in Seattle, Washington. I have done 5:2 in the past, and want to get back on track again. I’m looking forward to reading the posts! Thanks.

Morning! Waiting to get annual lab tests done. Ugh! They make u wait soooo long!

Results of my fast day yesterday weren’t as I hoped so about depressed about that. Oh well, onward, right?

Welcome Suzan! Where oh HI are u from? I live back & forth between CA & Honolulu.

Good to see u Elizabeth! Happy your weight has stayed in check!

Ok, my turn is coming up. See you!

Sherry

Hi!

Congratulations Elizabeth! I felt exactly as you did having made it through a challenging week without gaining. It actually feels good to be giving myself that break.

Welcome Suzan! This is a great group to get on track with. I’m still trying to get my 2 days in, but this helps a lot.

Sherry: I’m from Van Nuys and North Hollywood! I have cousins who grew up in Chatsworth and Simi Valley. So funny!

Cosett

Hi all,
    Been AWOL for awhile but still following the plan and slowly but steadily losing weight.
    Welcome to the new members and hi again to the veterans.
    I’m still losing. It’s slow but I’ve also mentally changed my mind set about weeks where i don’t lose. I no longer get so discouraged. In my case it’s because I’m eating snacks or eating dinner out on non FD’s. As long as I continue to go downwards and to be buying smaller clothes or best of all getting back into clothes I haven’t worn for years. That are cute and look nice on me 😉
    I do my annual blood work in May so am curious to see if there are any positive changes.
    For the newbies I’ve been on the FD since October 2016 and have lost 22lbs. On someone 5 feet tall that’s not insignificant.
    This forum is great to keep on track and for info and tips, too!
    Sue

Sherryann: I grew up on O’ahu, near Kaneohe. I go back 1-2 times per year so I still get some sun and local food. 🙂

Cosette: Thanks for the welcome – I’m looking forward to being a part of this group!

Suzan, very cool! We have a condo at Yacht Harbor Towers across from Magic Island. I’ll be there in July. When are you usually there? I’ll be there in July.

Sherry

I am 52 and having read Michael’s books I have realised that this is a life long way of living / eating and not a diet programme; though short periods of calorie reduction and intermittent fasting (I can only manage around 12/14 hours at a time) has helped me. Lost around 14 kg over 6 weeks by cutting out sugary food and drinks and also food containing white flour and rice. I have today seen the article below and it has strengthened my resolve to get my waist wasted 🙂
    People with a normal body mass index (BMI) but a large waist circumference have worse long term survival than people who are overweight or obese but who do not carry their weight around the middle, a study has found. The finding, published in Annals of Internal Medicine,1 is consistent with previous research but is from a much larger sample of adults in the general population.

Hello!

Sherry, hope your labs went okay. How are your daughters with diabetes?

Cosette, my bil is in Austin now. We’d like to visit before too long.

Siouxzee, you are doing fabulous!! The rate doesn’t matter–it’s the direction you’re going in. For me, as long as the overall trend is down I’m good.

SuzanK and KCalp, welcome! I find it helps to have some accountability and the group helps with that. If I post daily I do better, but that hasn’t happened in a while…

So I’m trying to stay mindful and kick up the exercise. I felt really out of control and in survival mode during the remodel and it feels good to get out of that funk even though it’s definitely baby steps.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Hello all!

I hope that your day is going well. Surprisingly, it’s not raining at the moment in Seattle. Maybe spring really is on it’s way.

Yesterday was a good day with calories at about 600. Today is a feast day, but will try not to go overboard. I am also focused on drinking more water, instead of drinking so much coffee/caffeine – one of the downsides of having a coffee machine in my office.

Sherryann – I’ll be back in Hawaii at the beginning of August (probably Aug 4 – 14). Let me know if you’ll be around!

Have a wonderful weekend!

carolinacatz – Thank you for the advice about posting daily. That’s a good reminder!

G’day ladies!

Just finished lunch on my third fast day of the week. Doing well so far. Scale was 119.8 this morning, down about 0.6 lbs. from yesterday. Losing weight is really tough for me lately despite being pretty darn good. Such is life at the moment! We have that darn school trip next week to the state capitol where I’m sure we will be going to crappy restaurants and eating crappy food…ugh! I’ll just have to do the best I can. 🙁

So Sue, I’m entirely jealous! I’m short too (5’2″) and it took me about 10 months to go from 135 to 119! Seriously though, you’re doing fantastic and must feel equally fantastic. That much weight on a small frame is like changing into a whole different person! I bet you’ve lost at least 2-3 dress sizes?

Welcome Kcalp, good job on weight loss to you too! I find eating “clean” along with this program really works best for me. Good luck! I guess based on your article that I’m lucky to be an hourglass with a little too much sand at the bottom instead of carrying it higher.

Hi Elizabeth (Carolina to those who don’t know her true identity ;), Well, you’re doing better! You’re posting almost daily now! The weight loss should follow! Thanks for asking about my two daughters. They just had their quarterly check up with the endo doc and their A1c levels (blood sugar averages over the last 3 months) were excellent. In fact the doc said my 16 year old’s numbers were the best he’s pretty much ever seen in a teen at 6.2. Usually the teens are rebellious and don’t monitor their blood sugars as they should! How’s your daughter’s digestive issues? Are you guys still doing the elimination diet?

Suzan, I may be in HI through the first week of August. We haven’t booked our airfare yet because the prices are so darn high. My hubby thinks they’ll go down as we get closer to summer (I’m not so sure!). How nice to have grown up in Kaneohe…right near my favorite beach, Kailua (which I tend to like better than world famous Lanikai!). Anyhow, mahalo for the offer…if we’re in town when you are, I’d love to come over to the windward side and visit with you or you could come into town if you’d like!

Hi to all our other thread members. Good to see so many posting lately. I hate when it gets too quiet around here! 😉

Have a great weekend coming up everyone!

Sherry

Good Morning!

You all are giving me renewed interest in getting my fasting in gear! I follow a LCHF eating plan, but 2 days a week of fasting would be a good add on. I keep saying it, but don’t seem to do it, but I’m jumping in next week. I have to look at my schedule to see which 2 days would work best.

Sherry…good news on your daughter’s check ups. I’m sure that is due in no small part to your vigilance in helping them keep on top of things.

Fasting_me…how wonderful that you are so enjoying your fasting experience and having fun in the kitchen. I’m off to check out your blog.

I’m off for the golf course in a couple hours. I got up VERY early as my cat was outside and I heard her crying on the front porch. Oh these fur babies! It’s a long day when you get up at 3:15AM! I’ll be walking about 6 miles while playing golf, so I should sleep well tonight.

Have a great weekend!

Hi fasting me
    Thank you for posting. It certainly has given me a bit of a boost and the recipes are great. It’s just the sort of thing l need to keep me on track. Do you mind if l share with others?
    Dx

No problem, Duds — share away. The Fasting Lifestyle is all about wanting others to gain the same benefits I have had. Glad you enjoyed the recipes you saw on my blog. That’s why I do it. There will be some new ones in coming weeks.
    My husband liked one of our recent meals [Thai Shrimp & Noodle Soup] so much, that he put it in his wine-food pairing blog!
    Do you all talk up Fasting with your friends? There are so many people who would benefit from it, if only they would grasp the nettle and try it.
    Keep up the good work, fellow-Fasters. You will all be winners if you keep the faith.

Hi everyone! I’m at my son’s baseball game ⚾️ typing on my small phone screen so I’m sure many typos will follow!

Hi fasting me, good to see your positive results and that
    That you’ve been able to maintain the loss by sticking to the program!

Good to see u back Duds!

Hey Lori! Thanks for the nice comments re: my daughters! Good luck starting back on the fasting! It really seems like you had a lot of success when you were incorporating the two ways of eating in the past !

Just back from a women’s symposium where my business had a booth. It was the first time this expo was held and unfortunately it only drew a small crowd . It was held in a hall at a local new casino. I was proud of myself in that I ate a very healthy lunch at a restaurant there if grilled chicken & veggies ( I really wanted the neighboring table’s fries tho!).

Today I’m thrilled to report after griping about my slow weight loss that I lost a pound after yesterday’s fast… down to 118.8! I’m starting to find that 118 is where I want my top weight to be. Hoping to stay at a range of 115-118 to maintain.

I bought some Doterra essential oils at the symposium that are supposed to be good for sleep as I need it badlly! Also ordered some oils for my hubby’s snoring & allergies ( which prob help cause the snoring )- really hoping that helps as the poor guy has been pushed to the couch as a result! 😕

My poor son’s team is losing! Talk to you all later!

Hi Guys

I am still here and keeping up with your progress. I was away for a week but not too much damage done and am trying to think long term rather than giving up because of one bad week.

Very interested in people who are doing this as a life style change. My friend who lost all the weight is certainly keeping it up as she can feel so many benefits from it and, although I haven’t weighed myself, I do feel better in myself.

By the way, does anyone know what happened to the lady that started the post? Did she hit her goals ….

Hi mid fifties ladies! Just back very late last night from our twins’ school trip to the state capitol and also San Francisco. Fun but tiring! I did good on the food front till yesterday when I kinda threw all caution to the wind. Aaargh! That’s what being exhausted will do to you! I’d like to say I’m officially back on track today but I’ve been “picking” a lot and need to really buckle down as of tomorrow.

I’m surprised to see no one has chatted here since I left over 3 days ago! So quiet!

Duds, I don’t know what is up currently with Salma, the originator of this thread. She was making some good progress toward the end of the year last year but we haven’t heard much from her over the last 6 months or so. Sorry!

How are the rest of you doing? Let’s get this thread talking again! 😉

Sherry

Hi all, I’ve only posted once on this thread however the title has drawn me back – ive had a challenging week but fasted twice and aside from one dinner out I think I’ve had it all under control…not seeing much in the way of loss but I think the constant yo yo ing that despite the fact I am very overweight the scales do not want to shift. Persist however I must and I’m feeling so much better for a more measured approach to my eating patterns. Oh I’m from Clare in the mid north of south Australia. Looking forward to hearing about the journeys of others in our age bracket!!!

Hi all!

It has been about a month now since I joined the group. I still have not successfully fasted 2x in one week. It is kind of frustrating but I am trying not to let myself be overly hard on myself. I’ll just keep trying. Next week I don’t have any dinners out, so I’m hoping that will help keep me on track.

Did anyone else struggle with getting this lifestyle to stick? Any tips?

Coesett

Hi Cosette,
    I have been avoiding looking at the posts. My life has got so hectic; university deadlines, refugee coming to stay, new paid work coming up next week. I feel stressed enough, though the work means I have to fit into my work suit which would undoubtedly be easier with a couple less lbs. Anyway, I’ve logged on and said my bit so perhaps I’ll get my act together to have a Monday & Wednesday fast day next week, ready for the suit on Thursday. So, I haven’t got an answer, but hang on in there and keep trying.
    xx

Hi.. I am just starting today. I am hoping to try to do the fast on Monday and Thursday. I saw this group and thought I would join to gain more knowledge.
    Coesett, I am looking for any ideas as well.

Hi everyone. Welcome to the new ladies on this thread. Hi again to the veterans! I’ve been on FD since last October. Lost just over 20lbs. Not insignificant at 5 feet tall. I’m great at sticking to the fast days but lately have been eating too much on my non fast days so I’m not losing. Just kinda feeling a bit blue so not as skilled at keeping the eating down.
    If you stick with it and don’t eat too much on non fast days you WILL lose. Don’t treat the non fasting days as a free for all. Also don’t be discouraged by not losing for a week, or two, or even three, it will happen. Take your measurements. This has been the only way I’ve lost any significant weight. Only plan I’ve been successful at sticking to and that is easy and easy to incorporate nights out or celebrations. Pick your fast days, adjust if needed.
    I usually fast Mondays and Thursdays. Weekends I like to have a drink or two or some popcorn with tv at night.
    I’m getting my annual blood work in May, curious to see if there are any changes in my values. My pancreas values were over the top last year, had a CAT scan and all was well but I am hoping the fasting and the 20lb loss will have straightened things out.
    Sue
    P. S. I’m in Ontario Canada and it has rained literally for 3 straight days. ;(

Hi all,

Welcome Stella!

Well Sue, our weather seems like we’re in Canada instead of sunny San Diego right now so you’re not alone! Super cold and raining off and on today and through early next week. It’s pretty depressing! Your suggestions are right on target. Hope your blood work is better. Despite my weight loss, my cholesterol in my recent blood work was still high (great HDL of 99 but high LDL too…some stuff I’ve read says the great HDL negates high LDL and other articles say no, it’s the total that matters or the particle numbers, which also were high). All other numbers were good.

Anyhow, maybe it’s the weather or my unruly teen daughter, but eating was just so so today too. So Cosette, I’m having a tough time of it right now too! Making my stand by bone broth tomorrow and starting a cleanse next week.

Gillian, hoping your life gets less hectic! Sounds like a lot going on!

Good night all!

Sherry

Hi to all of you, new and regulars.
    Cold and wet here in Melbourne Australia, but then that’s to be accepted as it’s Autumn or fall as you Girls from the US call it.
    On the 5:2 front still not really getting anywhere. I’ve tried mixing it up with my non fast day food and my fast day food. Seem to lose a couple of pounds and then put it back on. So frustrating. However I am staying within a 1kg range so I suppose that’s good. I’m looking for any positives lol
    This weekend has been a bit of a write off. It’s cold and wet which makes comfort food so much more appealing. Did my grocery shopping yesterday and bought lots of healthier options for this coming week. Sticking with my low carbs on non fast days as I find I feel bloating after having carbs at all.
    Husband home today after two weeks away so I’m hoping I can be a bit more disciplined when I have to prepare meals for him and our son on my fast days as opposed to just my son. Which makes me cook more and then I eat with him in support lol
    Was listening to a Ted talk yesterday by an American neuroscientist who was suggesting that what ever we do our bodies will want to naturally sit at a certain weight and that’s where we bounce back to. Interested in what others thoughts are on this topic ?
    Just keep swimming girls 😘
    Love Tilly xx

Hi Tilly,
    I certainly think there is a weight that you bounce back to but I also think you can shift what that is. That is what I have noticed.
    X

Viewing 50 posts - 4,601 through 4,650 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.