Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,301 through 4,350 (of 5,077 total)

• Hiya ladies,

I am writing this from the airport waiting for my flight back home. Traveling again and it plays havoc with 5:2 for me. I have not weighed for a few days and I am too scared to look, but tomorrow is an FD for me again. Sherry, Cinque and Lori. thanks for the encouragement.. I actually saw 77.7, but I am sure that is way behind me now.. probably back up by 2 or 3 Kgs, and back to the drawing boars, but I had not seen those numbers since 2004!!! So, I AM motivated to get back into the 5:2 groove.
    Wish me luck.
    Salma

Hello from beautiful, sunny Myrtle beach! I am sitting on the balcony of our 15th floor penthouse looking at the water. Life is good.

We started with 9 girls and are down to 7. The rest of us leave tomorrow. We have had a wonderful time. Too much food and drink, but I will deal with the weight gain when I’m back to real life.

Have been trying to keep up with posts, but will do better when I’m home.

Hugs to you all!

Good morning from Melbourne. It is sunny and windy outside but I am staying inside because: asthma. I hope I can get into the doctors this morning.

Hi Salma! How frustrating for you to have to constantly be in situations where 5:2 is just not practical. But Wow! Down to the 77’s! You will get there again, and it won’t be long before the couple of travelling kilos are not enough to get you above 80!
    Best wishes for a lovely flight home, and I hope the scales are in a good mood!

So glad you have had a wonderful time Lori! What fun.

Sherry I hope your yummy snacks were greatly enjoyed. And hopefully when you get home you will be in a great mood for bone broth! 😉

I had a good fast day yesterday. I had to work on some planning in the afternoon and I was too hungry/gritchy so I had a few vitawheat biscuits (with vegemite) which worked well.

Hey, everyone, quick pop on. Sorry I’ve been awol–the busy time of year is upon us!! Halloween and birthdays and then the holidays plus I agreed to teach an online class for our comm. college after Christmas so I want to prepare for that.

I’ve had to modify my FD plan due to various things. Halloween tripped me up, surprise! And tonight we are having people over to watch the election results and we’re having a lot of Mexican foods, which is tough!!! Today is normally my FD so I’m trying not to eat until then at least and hope my eating trigger isn’t set off with all the yummy foods!!

I know this sounds silly but I have a doctor weigh in Thursday and I hate to not be down–I have kind of slipped this fall. Anyway, I hope I can wash all the fluids out at least.

I will try to be more personal later but welcome new people!!! Good luck!

Hello everyone,

Such a busy time with my board meeting coming up and being behind on my presentation to the board. Up at 4;00 a.m. to work on it (meeting is on Saturday). This is not the best time of the day for me as it is for others, but it is the only way to get some peace and quiet in order to concentrate. I do have the TV on in the background with the elections’ news flashing on the screen. Wow.. our American friends must be on their seats’ edge.

My weight is up a little – as expected -. Why is it that the weight only ‘sticks’ at higher levels?? It is frustrating, but I try to focus on the positive aspect of FINALLY being under 80 Kgs. Today, the scales feel like spitting out 79.2 Kgs after having actually reached 77.7. Still, my target for the next two weeks is to remain under 80. I have a lot of work stuff coming up and I just want to hold on to being under 80 Kgs for a couple of weeks. FD for me today.

I haven’t been participating so much here, and I do miss my friends!

Salma

Hi Carolina! Hi Salma! Hi everyone else!

Carolina, I hope the scales are not too bad at the doctors! It would be hard on your self esteem, but remember 5:2 is about the long haul! You must be due for an easier run!

Salma good luck with your presentation! I hope it all comes together nicely!
    And YAY! You didn’t go back up over 80! You are a winner!

Hmm, the news from America. Well. It will be very interesting to see how Trump goes at making America great again!

Well my news is that I am at 50kg (49.7 on my doctor’s scales) bmi 20. So I am officially at maintenance! Woot. just have to work out how to do that!

Not to start a political discussion, but I will say that the only good thing about the election results from my perspective is that I’ve completely lost my appetite. I don’t think I’ll sleep or eat for a while. I felt this same way a few years ago when we had some major personal trauma and I lost almost 20 pounds. Silver lining I guess. … I guess it was good to be with friends at the house as well–good to have a network of support.

Cinque, I’m so inspired by your bmi. Mine is still over 26.

Salma, those lower numbers always first appear fleetingly. Don’t give up!!

Sherry, good luck with your cleanse. That would probably be good for me right about now!!!

Lori, I grew up going to Myrtle Beach. Glad you’re enjoying it.

Well, I’m in a fog. Also it annoys me that I can’t figure out how to scroll back a page without losing my post!! I wanted to see who I’ve missed! I’ll try to pop on again soon.

Hello!

I’m finally back home and trying desperately to get “back in the groove”! I got home from my sister’s about Noon today. I changed the bed and did a couple loads of laundry, but haven’t unpacked my suitcase. That’s a project for tomorrow. Also hoping to get back to boot camp tomorrow. I know it’ll be rough. I have laid out my clothes, so that’s a start.

I’m also easing into fasting once again. Staying pretty strictly low carb is also important for my success. One day at a time. I won’t weigh myself until Monday……need a couple good days before looking at the scale. OY!

I have tried to keep up with the forum while I was away, but please forgive me not doing personals. It’s going to take me a little while to get caught up.

Take care everyone & I’ll “see” you soon!

Hi girls,

Busy-ness and being a little under the weather have kept me away! Sorry! We’re all battling a cold over here that my 15 year old brought home last weekend!

Lori, I fully understand the need not to go near the scale for a while after traveling! I still haven’t gotten on it and I’ve been home for a week and a half now! 🙁 But, we move on, right?

Salma, I agree with Cinque, staying below 80 is terrific right now! Travel and eating right is hard and your are managing pretty well considering!

Cinque, congrats at your maintenance finally becoming “official”! Yay you! I’m still tip toeing in and out of maintenance and hope to “solidify” myself there soon or at least after the holidays. You will be my guidepost on how to successfully maintain, so any hints along the way are appreciated! 🙂

Elizabeth, I had the same Halloween eating tragedy (also part of the reason I’ve not been on the scale yet!). Ugh! Also, in the “not to get political” realm, this was such a historical and important election, that I just have to pipe in. I’m sorry you were unhappy with the result…genuinely because I felt what you’re feeling during the last election cycle. It is my hope and prayer that we will all be pleasantly surprised by a Trump presidency. I know many in other countries and on the left and right coast are not pro-Trump, and I certainly don’t agree with his comments regarding women, but as a business owner (who’s business was negatively impacted by the Obama years) and fairly conservative person, he was our family’s best choice. I for one look forward to going from giving the government 35% of my hard earned income to 15%! What a boon that will be to our overall economy as people have more disposable income. For many of us, there was no clear great choice this election, unfortunately. Now is the time as was stated for us all to come together with positivity and heal and move on…

Time for early bed…my three younger kids are honored to be singing at the mayor’s breakfast & prayer meeting at 7 am tomorrow!

Hello friends,

Cinque.. how wonderful that you are at maintenance.. here’s hoping! 20 BMI is fantastic! Well done, girl.
    Lori, you can now settle back into your regular routine.. good idea bout delaying facing the scale for a few days. It is disheartening when you are faced with higher numbers.. this will give your body a chance to settle back.
    My board meeting is getting closer and my stress levels are sky-high. I went out to dinner with my sister – who is visiting for a few days (I really need that right now – right?) and the scales are not happy! Still under 80 Kg though, so I suppose I haveto be thankful.

Have a great day everyone,
    Salma

Dear Salma, I started this diet the end of June of this year, and as of today I have lost 15 pounds, four inches off my waistline, and some “love handles”! The best part however is that my cholesterol went from 199 to 163, and my triglycerides went from 152 to 122! I feel the best I have in years, and I will be 70 next year. I started exercising 5 years ago but never lost more than a pound or two. I walked quickly 5 days a week and worked out with a trainer’s weekly guidance 3 times a week and still no results like this. The first few weeks are a challenge to stay will-power strong, but then you get used to it. I always fast on Mondays and Thursday’s before my yoga class, and I add a third fast day if I have a dinner out or a wedding that week. I plan to stay on this the rest of my life, because my energy level is way up, exercise gets easier the less you weigh, and my bad back and knees feel so much better now! The best thing you will lose on this diet is the baggage that got us over weight in the first place. You will learn as I have that we have always eaten way more than we needed. You get to the point that you can’t be an unconscious eater or absent minded snacker anymore. I am so excited for you to be starting this process! Happy fasting!

Congrats to Sarla–is it still going well? I also struggle on the regular days more than the fast days.

Siouxzee, I’m also in the “slow progress and no gain is great” camp! It’s the only way I can do it long term.

BigBooty, I didn’t realize how well you’ve done! That is inspiring!!!

Still not that hungry here, haha. Sherry, we are also biz owners in a high tax bracket and could personally benefit tremendously by some of the potential changes. That’s not at all what I’m worried about. We have looked into moving to the Netherlands–when we were over there we looked at a few houses and English speaking schools. Our partner has offered to help expedite a work visa. Right now, we’re planning not to make a decision until the summer. Hope we don’t regret it!

Anyway, fingers crossed. I’ve got plenty of other things to focus on–my daughter’s birthday party is Sunday and we have our business Christmas party coming up and we’re doing a Thanksgiving project, tying our exports for the month to turkeys for the needy families at the local school and I’m the one coordinating that. In fact, I better run!!

Morning all!

The kids did a beautiful job at the mayor’s breakfast singing “God Bless America”. We had to be there by 7 am and so not a lot of time for me to eat beforehand (so I’m eating and typing now!). I elected not to eat the typical, not-so-healthy breakfast food they had there, so feeling proud! 😉 Today is my last day of the 4 day cleanse, and I am feeling “lighter”. Tomorrow’s scale will tell the tale!

Hi Salma, deep breaths! I’m getting stressed hearing how stressful it is right now for you! You are a smart woman who seems to really “have it together”…I’m confident you will have a successful presentation in front of the board! Keep us apprised! Congrats again for keeping it below 80kg! When times are less stressful, you can work on nudging it down more.

Hey Elizabeth, I know there’s other issues out there with regard to the new administration. I was just trying to highlight one of the positive changes that would benefit both of us being business owners. Netherlands, huh? Is that the main area you export to and what does your business do again? I’m drawing a blank as to whether or not you mentioned it? Why exactly are you thinking of moving? I know you guys travel there a lot and like it. I think it would be an exciting learning experience for your daughter for sure! My three girls’ birthdays are coming up too! My oldest = 11/17 (my 26th wedding anniversary is the 18th!) and then the twins = 11/20. We already have dinner reservations at “Duke’s” (which they love) in Waikiki for their birthday. I’m having family and a few friends over this Saturday for an early birthday party. And how funny, I too am working on an annual Christmas project for our business-it’s called, “Be a Santa to a Senior”. We put up trees at local retailers which have ornaments with the Christmas wishes of thousands of needy seniors in our community. The public then buys the gifts and we have a big gift wrapping and distribution party in early December. It’s one of my favorite things to do during the holiday season! 🙂

I’m off for my now late morning walk and it’s extremely, unseasonably HOT here so it will not be comfortable! We currently have Santa Ana wind conditions (also potential fire season! yikes!) going on.

Have a great day ladies!

Hello again!

I didn’t quite get the number I wanted on the scale at the doctor but it wasn’t terrible–especially given how much I ate Tuesday night. I have another appointment Monday so I’ll shoot for that! Apparently I recovered from my election shock since food has returned to its usual rather prominent spot in my mind.

Welcome, Ret.rn! Have you been here before and I missed you? Anyway, your story is really inspiring. I’m not doing quite that well but I like 5:2 also.

Sherry, my son’s birthday was Nov. 7. He turned 21!!! I can’t believe it. Then my daughter’s is the 27th. She was born on Thanksgiving….We would like to live in a more progressive place than we do, but at the same time we love many things about where we live. Living somewhere else for a year or for a few years would be a compromise. The Netherlands makes the most sense because a large proportion of my husband’s business is in the area and his distributor/partner is there. Our business is a niche technology company that makes back pressure regulators for business and research. We have 15 employees and six are engineers–most applications require an engineer’s design work. About half of our sales are exports. We’re an unusual model–we’re very small and we’re in Appalachia but we work with big names like NASA, Max Planck, Shell, Exxon, universities, etc. (I do some of the web content but the engineers also put a lot up directly.)

Hope everyone is doing well. It’s pretty quiet lately!

Good morning everyone,

It is 4:20 a.m. (A VERY unreasonable hour for me) but I am working on my presentation and fine tuning it before tomorrow. I can crash on Sunday, but these two days are hell.

I thought I would take a quick break and pop in to say hi.

Ret.rn. thanks for the advice. I have actually been here since February 2015.. I started this thread because I was so fed up with losing then gaining then losing then gaining then losing.. you get the idea! My own weight loss has been very slow, but I have managed to lose around 14 Kgs since the start (over 31 lbs). I am feeling wonderful and lighter. As you say, exercise alone had not been helpful. I now exercise moderately (Pilates twice a week and walking my 10,000 steps almost every day), and that seems to work better for me than grand goals. One, of course, needs to exercise patience and to keep one’s eyes on short term goals so that it does not look too forbidding. I still have around 7 Kgs to lose to reach my ideal weight, but I am slowly getting there. My current methodology is to try to maintain a particular weight below a set point (my latest set point was 80 Kg) for a couple of weeks before trying to lose again, in order to train myself for maintenance, which is a much more difficult prospect than “dieting”. Most people here think that this 5:2 way of life is a much more long term management system than previous diets. It is far easier to fast for one day every week than to try to continually be counting calories.. at least it is for me.

Sherry.. thanks for your concern.. yes.. I am stressing badly, but at least I am not turning to food. I am even surprising myself. I have found that business travel is what really puts a spanner in the works for me, but at least I do not have any major trips coming up as far as plans are concerned. I am planning to take 10 days off around Christmas when my sons come to visit (one with the girlfriend who is coming here for the first time), so I am focusing my sights on that when I feel like it is getting too much.

CC.. I am also getting confused about who is new around here. I went AWOL for a bit when I was traveling extensively, so I missed the new posts.. but it is really nice to see new people joining in.

Happy Birthday/Anniversary to your kids to both Sherry and CC.. and what a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas by doing good.

Okay.. I guess I better get back to my presentation.. Have a great day everyone and keep your fingers crossed for moi.

Salma

Hi Folks, hope it’s ok for me to hang out here with you?
    I’m fairly new to to 5:2, started 25th October & have lost 5 pounds so far.
    I signed up to the November challenge but I like the idea of being in the company of like minded people (ladies?) so I thought I’d introduce myself here.
    I’m 60 now, weight has been increasing since forever but especially since 6 years ago when I was made redundant from work, given early retirement & became a widow all within a few weeks. So I’ve had a 6 year pity party & now it’s time to be sensible.
    Today is a FD and my last weigh in was 80.2 Kg so I’m hoping to see a number starting with 7 soon. 😊Namaste

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks so much for the congratulations. It is a weird feeling as I have been overweight since puberty, and that was nearly 50 years ago!
    My fast days had been less than 400 calories, so I am trying for ones around 800 now. Changing from Thursday and Sunday to Wednesday and Sunday as I am looking after 2yo granddaughter overnight on Thursdays now.

Salma, thinking of you and your presentation. I hope you get it all wonderfully prepared and then get in the zone on the day!
    So glad you have a break with your sons that you can look forward to!
    And no business travel for a while!

Hi Miesque, welcome here! (60 is the new mid-fities 😉 ) What a rotten time you had 6 years ago, it must have turned everything up side down. So glad that 5:2 is doing its job. Can’t wait to hear that you have seen that number beginning with 7 soon!

Hi Ret.rn! Welcome to you too!

Carolina, I managed to look up the business name and it looks so impressive! What an exciting time it would be to go to the Netherlands!
    I’m glad the doctors visit wasn’t too awful, I hope you have some really good days and feel great for the next appt.

Happy Birthday to all the November offspring! My sister’s birthday is November 20th! And the YamDaisy Cafe will open on the 29th, so that will be a kind of birth date too!

So nice to hear of those Christmas schemes.

Best wishes all!

Good Morning!

Salma…I feel badly that you have so much stress related to your work. I simply don’t know how you do it! How nice that you have great plans to look forward to for the Holidays. Hope you have a lovely visit with your sons.

Cinque..Yam Daisy is getting close! I loved seeing the pictures on FB. What a wonderful project for you. How are the grand babies doing?

Sherry…how are things? I’m still trying to get caught up with all the posts here. I seem to be hopelessly lost. I’m sure your household is gearing up for the Holidays too.

Welcome to all the newbies. We have a great little group here.

As for me, today will be quite low key. I did load after load of laundry yesterday and went to the grocery store. I’m sure I’ll think of some reason to go running around later. 😉 Have a good day!

Good mid-afternoon ladies!

Well, I’m pleased to say that the 4 day cleanse did it’s trick and the number on the scale was 115.8 (BMI 18) this morning, which I’d had a peek at while in Hawaii last month and is the lowest number I’ve seen in decades (makes me kind of sad to think about!). Cinque, I’m the same as you. I’ve been in and out (mostly in) a battle with my weight since I hit puberty. What a waste of my time and energy! Wish I’d found this way of life sooner, but now is better than never, right? Anyway, even though I’m pleased as punch today, I’m aware the number will probably inch up again into the 116’s a bit as my body adjusts and gets ready to permanently reside at goal in the 115’s.

Cinque, I didn’t realize that your fasts were so low cal. I thought you did 500 cal’s…interesting! Best wishes for the soon-to-be opening of Yamdaisy! How’s things with your daughter and son-in-law? Did she ever get her driver’s license? Did they ever better figure things out with his health?

Elizabeth, wow! Your son is 21! So funny, on my way home from Hawaii last month, I was sitting next to a newlywed couple in their early 20’s and telling them I has been in Hawaii to do some work and take a little break from my kids. The husband looked at me quizzically and said, “Oh, are your children about our ages?” It shocked me for a moment until I realized, yes, I could very well be their mother! I just happen to be a later in life mom! I still need to check out your business on the web.

Salma, what a victory that you’re not turning to food during this stressful time! Wonderful! How nice you will be seeing your sons (and a girlfriend!) soon,. Yes, let that be your positive focus when the stress gets to you! 🙂

Welcome Miesque (I had to look at your name a few times to make sure I was typing it right!) 😉 I too am sorry for the sad time you had 6 years ago but happy you’ve decided to do something kind and wonderful for yourself by losing weight! That’s amazing that you’ve already lost 5 lbs. in such a short time!

Hey Lori, we’re mainly concentrating on the birthdays coming up and the party tomorrow (3 ice cream cakes from Baskin Robbins, check!). We head to Hawaii next week for Thanksgiving and then back home for a late start on getting the Christmas stuff out and up (it’s a giant undertaking in our house-we have WAY TOO MUCH xmas stuff!).What are you up to for the holidays? Hope the scale treats you kindly on Monday and that you get good news like I did today!

Off to take the kids out for a treat of frozen yogurt since we are having summer-like weather out here!

Hey, where is everyone? 😉

Woo hoo! I’m 115.2 (but the BMI inched up to 18.5- weird?) this morning after “normal” eating post cleanse yesterday! I did not eat a lot though, I have to say, because this cold I have hasn’t exactly stoked my appetite- a nice side effect!

Hope you’re all having a terrific weekend! I have to get busy prepping for the 3 girls combined family birthday party tonight. We’re picking up pizza, and as I mentioned, I already bought the ice cream cakes. I still need to make cupcakes for the little kids and I want to try out a recipe for pizza with a crust made from finely chopped and dried cauliflower mixed with cheeses and spices and baked. It has excellent reviews, so we will see! It will be great for my lower carb eating and the celiacs in my extended family.

Oh, funny side story! When I picked up those ice cream cakes yesterday, apparently my phone dropped out of my purse and landed on my bumper of the car. I thought only my wallet fell out when I’d tipped my purse but then discovered the phone was missing last night. Well, my hubby used the “find phone” tracking device and found it on the freeway!!!! Gotta love that guy! The phone case was on one side of the freeway and the phone on the other. It has a cracked case and the camera lense is cracked too so it will need to be ultimately replaced, but other than that it works amazingly!

Bye for now!

Cinque, good luck with the Yam Daisy opening!!!

Miesque, welcome!! I admire you for getting on your feet! I’m the age you were when you had all these things happen so I can empathize.

Lori, do you have more trips planned?

Salma, hang tough with the stress. Keep thinking of the light at the end of the tunnel. I like your strategy of focusing on each set point. I kind of do that with bmi. My current goal is to get my bmi below 26.

Sherry, YOUR bmi is really low!! Isn’t that technically underweight? Do you have a small frame? I always thought that sounded funny!! I do, so I should probably weigh even less than my goal but oh well….

We have too much food in the fridge at the moment!! I got one a Blue Apron sample and I think I made a mistake because I got two meals for four. I was expecting one at the most. The produce is beautiful but there is so much packaging I can’t imagine I’d keep doing it…anyway, tonight is cod something, which I probably would not make on my own so that’s good. We also had leftover tamales and taco stuff and I made a pork loin yesterday. I think I’ll do a fast day tomorrow, which is my daughter’s party. It’s a a trampoline place and I can do without the cake and pizza anyway!!!!

Hi Everyone,
    It is Sunday morning here, early. I am wondering how Salma’s presentation went. I hope it was good Salma! And well received. And I very much hope that when you wake up on Sunday morning it is with a wonderful feeling of peace and space.

Thanks for the good luck wishes! I am now like Salma has been. There is just so much to do, and I know the trick is to get all the little details right. The big thing, that I would really like your good wishes for, is that we are still looking for our main staff (we have the chef, who works outside cafe hours, and a lovely helper with no experience, so we need to find the person who makes great coffee, is lovely with customers and everything else). So wish me good luck finding that person please!

Because of my health I have to take breaks, so you will still see me here! I hope!

Carolina, I had to look up Blue Apron, they do have services like that here. I hope you can make some things and freeze them for later! Grr packaging.
    Happy birthday to your daughter! I quite like fasting on celebration days, as it means I focus on the person and the celebration, instead of the food. And this one is your celebration too isn’t it, your anniversary. Very special!

Hi Lori, granddaughters are scrumptious! I wish I had more time to spend with them!

Sherry I did keep my Fast Days under 500…. but 400 is under 500! 😉 And you know me, not a calorie counter! The milk in my cuppas and the chicken and greens and mushrooms in miso soup did me well for the day and I don’t think they would have added up to more than 400… but maybe they did!

I also wondered at your bmi. My doctor said bone loss starts being a worry when we are underweight. Does your bone broth help with lots of calcium?

Ah well, off to look at my lists! Best wishes everyone!

Hi girls,

The presentation to the board went very well.. they gave me a clear mandate to carry out the tough measures that we need to implement.. this will not make me popular, that’s for sure, but at least this hurdle is behind me. They even gave me a round of applause at the end of the meeting! Thanks for the good wishes. I now have to make a couple of business trips before the end of the month.. and here I was thinking I can rest for a while.

This Sunday, I totally crashed.. slept most of the day and just watched Woody Allen’s Six Scenes series. It was so good not to be looking at a computer (until now) or crunching numbers.

Good luck with Yam Daisy Cinque.. It sounds like it is going to be a great success.
    Sherry.. I hope you have wonderful celebrations.

Everyone else.. I hope you have a great week ahead.

Salma

Congrats, Salma!! Well done. Give yourself a treat and relax for a while.

My daughter’s party went well–we took her dance company to the trampoline park and they wore tutus! Very cute and fun and best of all, nobody got hurt!!! They have a big Christmas performance in a few weeks and the director would have killed me.

This week I hope to start setting up the online class I’ll be teaching in the spring. It’s been more than four years, so I’m very rusty…..

We have terrible forest fires in our area. Today they evacuated the first homes in our county. It’s horribly smoky and so very dry but no rain in sight….

Good Morning!

Well, I finally braved the scale and am only up just over 2 lbs. That is nothing short of a miracle after all these many weeks of eating, eating, eating! Today will be my first fast day in a LONG time. I’m looking forward to it!

Cinque…good luck on finding the perfect staff for Yam Daisy! This is all coming together for you. So glad. Glad to hear that your girls are doing well….hope you get to spend some time with them soon.

Sherry..amazing about your phone! Just one more thing to add to your list of chores…get new phone! It’s always something, isn’t it? I cannot imagine weighing 118. I think one of my legs weighs that much! Congrats on reaching maintenance to both you and Cinque!

Salma…a round of applause! WOW! Great work. That must have made you feel great after all your hours of preparation. Hope your upcoming travels are not too stressful.

Carolina..sure hope they get the fires under control soon. What a horrible thing. Good luck with your online course. You’ll do great! You asked if I have any more trips planned. A weekend here and there, but nothing “big” until February when we go on a 5 day cruise with our son & his family. By mid February, we’ll be more than ready to get out of the cold for a week.

Speaking of the cold, it is quite frosty this morning. I’ll be heading out to boot camp in a half hour or so. I’ll have to run out and start the car and let it warm up. Sigh…..I’m not a fan of this time of year!

Have a great week!

Good morning friends!

So I have to apologize about the BMI thing! I was confused (and not wearing glasses on the scale!). We got a new scale that I thought also measured BMI, but in fact it’s “percentage of body fat” (I put my darn glasses on!) that I was looking at, not BMI! I went online to figure it out and I’m at about 21. I know the most accurate way is with those fat calipers that pinch your fat to see what your BMI is. Back in the 90’s I had that done at my gym and I remember having a BMI of 17 (I was working out more then and probably had a lot more muscle). Elizabeth, I am petite, with some good muscle and I’d say small to average in frame? Anyhow, no worries everyone! I’m not skin and bone….lol!!! 😉

Elizabeth, I always wondered about those services that offer meals to prepare at home. So was it good? I think it’s a great option for busy to get a good meal on the table! Glad your daughter’s party went well. I love those trampoline places. The kids get such a fun, great work out. I’d love to get out there and jump too but I worry about further tweaking something in my back! Good luck with the planning of the online class!

Cinque, consider those good wishes and prayers sent your way that everything comes together easily and seamlessly for Yam Daisy! Soon you will be like Salma, with a big sigh of relief when everything is finished!

Speaking of you Salma, congrats and thank goodness it’s all done with (except for the hard part of enforcing!). Now you can relax a little at least until the next business trip. The good thing is that you seem to at least be able to maintain instead of gain on these trips now! 🙂

Hello Lori, you stranger! Haven’t seen you in a few days! Two pounds only? Wow, that’s great! Two pounds is nothing considering all the fun you had over your vacation! It will be off in no time. How cold is it now in your part of the country? Any snow yet?

Yesterday I took all four kids to get hair cuts at my salon. One of the stylists was cutting hair for $20 a piece to make money to donate toward her stepfather’s care (he has cancer), so we were happy to get the hair cuts and help at the same time. Then it was off to buy items to stuff boxes for “Operation Christmas Child”. Have any of you heard of it? It’s a program through Samaritan’s Purse where school children buy age appropriate items like personal care items, toys, candy, pencils/pens/paper, etc. and fill a big box. The boxes are then sent to needy children throughout the world for Christmas. Most recently we tracked our boxes last year as going to the Philippines.

I’m happy to still be in the 115’s this morning (115.8) after Saturday’s party. I had salad and my cauliflower/cheese crust pizza (it was surprisingly good ladies!) and my homemade cinnamon crumb cake, but did have a few too many handfuls of frito chips!

Ok, time to pack for Hawaii (didn’t I just do this!?) and get a few things done. I’m taking all the girls for pedicures afterschool (better bring my ipad for my poor bored son to play with while waiting!) in preparation for our trip.

Bye!

A quick hello while I am eating lunch and having a wonderful cup of tea after a super busy morning. Lovely health inspector ticked everything off for our business permit. Need to rest next and then attack another list!

Salma, I am so happy your presentation went well and that you earned that applause! It is horrible to have to do tough things, but I am sure you will do them a lot better than most, so hooray that it is you.

What a lovely Sunday crash! I hope you can do lots of good things for yourself now… until those damned business trips!

Carolina, I hope the forest fires are becoming less of a threat. Bushfire season is frightening, we are just coming into ours, but it has been a very wet winter so we might be lucky. On the other hand, lots of undergrowth!

Hooray for a party with no sprains or broken bones! It sounds just gorgeous!

Lori, what nice scales! I hope you had a lovely fast day for your first one back! I hope they held boot camp inside!

Sherry, I am glad your aren’t below your healthy weight range! Confusing scales! Yes it will be a relief when we open, but then just more work lol! I guess that is how Salma is feeling too! Ah well, life! I just wish there was more I could do in a day!
    Enjoy that Hawaii packing!

Off to lie down! 🙂

Good Morning!

A quick post before boot camp. I had a great fast day yesterday! YAY! First successful one in a long time. I was rewarded by a 2+ lb loss on the scale to bring me back to my pre-vacation weight. Now to chip away at these last, stubborn 15 lbs. Sigh….

Glad your permit is all in place Cinque! You will be up and running in no time.

Sherry…Hawaii packing again? You poor thing….LOL! I honestly can’t fathom packing for all the kids plus yourself. I fear I’m far too unorganized and would forget the most vital of things. How long will you be in Hawaii? How awesome to be able to jet off to an exotic locale for the holiday! Enjoy!

I’m looking forward to an eating day today! I am going to try to wait until at least 10 before eating anything. Give the body some more fat burning time before feeding it. I may go do a bit of shopping today and take myself out for lunch. We’ll see what my mood brings after boot camp and a shower.

Have a great day!

Hello!

Blerg–didn’t get the number I wanted but at least I didn’t gain over the weekend. Usually the week is when I make progress. Today is a fast day so we shall see….

Sherry, glad to hear that wasn’t your bmi!!! I was a little concerned to be honest. Our daughter has a bmi of 16 and we have been trying to get her to gain a little. We have done Samaritan’s Purse in the past but we are doing something else now. It is a good tangible experience though.

Cinque, how wonderful!!! It must be rewarding to see your work take form like this.

Lori, so envious!!!! That is awesome.

We are kind of stressed out here. In addition to everything going on in the world, haha, we have three situations weighing on our minds. First, my daughter’s GI is now recommending an endoscopy and another test to get more information about what is going on and that’s pretty invasive and logistically difficult. She will freak out as soon as we tell her. Second, our oldest cat is 19 and diabetic and has been at death’s door several times but always rebounded. Now we feel it is really time. He is wasting away and while he still interacts with us a lot and purrs, he is in obvious discomfort and sometimes he is in distress. But it’s so hard….he’s almost 19!!! Part of my life…and this sounds weird but I feel sometimes that my father is embodied in him…hard to describe but he definitely reminds me of my dad in a way. Finally, my father in law has had lymphoma the past year and the first set of chemo didn’t work so he’s on a different type now, which is unsettling and worrisome. So…lots of reasons to be stress eating!

Meanwhile I have lots of details to attend to! Have a great day, everyone!

Hi All,

I didn’t see a great number this morning either, Elizabeth! 116.8, up a pound for no apparent reason which didn’t put me in a happy mood! Grrrr!

Cinque, yay for a good health inspection! One item ticked off the ‘ol list! I hoped the rest of the list gets done just as easily!

Ha ha Lori, you’re funny! Someone has to do it, right? 😉 Also, I’m lucky to have my husband helping a lot on packing the 3 younger kids (teen can sorta pack for herself!). As you know, it’s enough for me just to figure out my own packing most of the time, unfortunately! So cool that the 2lbs has already vanished with one fast! Sounds like you’ve got it down now- a good plan for life!

Elizabeth, yikes! Those are a lot of stressful situations you are dealing with. I understand how hard these medical procedures are for kids. Mine have been through a lot of them. My one twin has a suspicious mole on her calf that isn’t cancerous now but is a type that has a propensity to turn so they want to take it out with 5mm circumference around and below. We are having a plastic surgeon do it since the poor thing already has so many scars from prior surgeries on her body that we don’t want another big one in a very apparent area. I haven’t told her yet either as she was so freaked out just by the biopsy. She will have to avoid all running for a month. Re: your cat, is there any medicine that will make it feel better for the duration of it’s life? And no, you’re not weird. My grandmother used to feel her German Sheppard embodied my grandfather who passed away. Sending prayers your way for your father-in-law. Try not to stress eat (I know, easier said than done). It will only make you feel worse and you don’t need that extra stress on you right now!

Anyhow, off to finish packing. Don’t know how much if at all I will be able to communicate with you all over then next two weeks. A vacation in Hawaii with the kids is obviously completely different from one on my own. I will have very little time that won’t be consumed by their needs and activities!

Aloha!

Hey, just joined today after someone recommended this site. I am a person who used to be extremely athletic, had kids, lost bladder control, now walking is even difficult! I just received notification from my cardiologist that my triglycerides are off the chart, so trying anything and everything to lose weight. I have 50lbs I need to get rid of and my personality says: try hard, sabatoge it, get upset, eat!!! I went on a clean eating diet, but it is so expensive and the sodium levels seem out of control. I am joining hoping I can get some real support, good recipes, motivation, maybe some challenges, and above all-success, happiness and a feeling of being proud. I know it will take some time, determination and above all a feeling of “I am worth it”.

Tricia, Take heart! We are here for you if you utilize us! Some people join us and then fall by the wayside. Stick with it and you will be successful. Most of us on this site have hit bumps in the road, but we admit it to each other, ask for advice sometimes, and get back to it! I’ve been on every diet known to man and this one has given me success that I think I can finally maintain for once in my life. See all the “just starting out” tips a page or two back from simonconluv and bigbooty. They’re two guys who’ve helped a lot of newbies get going on this plan, or as we on this site call it, A Way of Life (WOL)! Good luck!
    Hugs!
    Sherry

Hi there all,
    I have been reading all the posts, just not commenting. Welcome to all the newbies, you will find this is a very encouraging group from all over the world.I’m finally back on the upwards track for energy after my most recent exacerbation with the MS. Been exercising as much as possible although this week has been a fail so far.
    Monday’s I have started working as a volunteer at a local Op Shop ( Thrift shop for all the non Aussies) Its run by a friend as a fund raiser for an organization that runs camps for kids at risk called Southern Cross Kids. They do some great work. So Monday afternoons I’m pretty pooped ! 😴 Yesterday was the walking group girls annual get together when we are not in ‘active wear’ lol we had lovely morning tea at one cafe then on to lunch at a lovely restaurant by the bay. Needless to say today is a fast day !!! Maybe tomorrow and the next one too with all we ate yesterday hahaha Today was hairdressers this morning and I am now heading out with my husband so he can buy my birthday gift 😁
    5:2 is going well, the weight is still on a downward trend even though it’s slow, but as they say slow and steady wins the race to the final goal MAINTENANCE ☺️

Love to you all
    Tilly xxx

Good evening from a mellow golden sunset in Melbourne.

Welcome Tricia,
    What a frightening time you have been having. I hope you can give 5:2 a good go. It is wonderful how it has just a few rules, and then you can make them fit around your lifestyle and needs. If you can make it suit you, you should find those 50 lbs fading away, and hopefully your other health problems will improve too. keep it simple, and be as kind to yourself as you can!
    Here’s the Newbie thread Sherry mentioned, the first post is a great read!: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
    5:2 is even cheaper than what you usually eat!
    Let us know when you have your first fast day, so we can cheer you on! You ARE worth it!

Hi Tilly HAPPY BIRTHDAY! http://plusquotes.com/images/quotes-img/happy-birthday-balloons-1403407.jpg
    I am so glad you are feeling better, and fingers crossed it is a long time before MS hits you again (or never!).
    Do you get your pick of all the Op Shop donations?
    It was a Fast Day for me today too! One of my new ‘Maintenance Fasts’ so it is pretty easy. But it still has that nice fasty feeling!

I hope you are all packed Sherry, and that it will be a really fun time! Is your daughter’s mole being cut out first? Fingers crossed that all goes well!

Carolina, I so hope they can work out what is going on for your daughter. Fingers crossed the next procedure is not too horrible and is really helpful.

So sorry to hear about the struggle your father in law is having too. It is very hard.

I am so sorry for your goodbye to your dear cat. It is awful to make a life and death decision, but as you say, it is the right time. I hope you can give your precious cat a lovely farewell.

Send my best wishes

Good Morning All!

I had a fun day of running around yesterday. I went to the jewelry store to inquire about my options regarding my lost diamond earring. They had an exact pair in their case and……they GAVE me one! I could not believe it! I was just hoping that maybe they would sell me just one, but to give it to me? Totally unexpected. I guess they felt bad for me to lose my retirement gift after only 3 weeks. I’m quite stunned and have a very good opinion of that shop. Talk about customer service!

I went out for lunch yesterday and had an appetizer and a beer. 😉 Then on to a few more stores before heading home. Beautiful weather here for November, so it was quite pleasant to be out and about.

I thought I might fast today, but think it will be put off until tomorrow. DH and I are going to go visit an Alpaca farm today. We saw an ad in the paper for this alpaca farm and they have a little gift shop. It is not far from here and sounded like something fun to do. After that, he wants to go out for a bit of lunch. Hence, no fast today.

I have a bit of a snafu with DH’s change in health insurance to deal with this morning, and must call and order my Thanksgiving pies. No…..I do not bake my own pies! One pumpkin and one cherry crumb, please. Easy!

Wishing you all a good day, whether fasting, or not!

Hi again,
    Thanks for the birthday message Cinque, it was lovely xx Trying not to bring home any op shop purchases, I’m trying to declutter my house lol
    Wow Lori that sure is customer service, such a wonderful blessing. I would be recommending that jewellers everywhere 😍
    Hearing the cicadas chirruping outside, summer is coming. Tomorrow they are predicting 30 deg celcius(86 F) Maybe our warmer weather is finally arriving it’s been unseasonably cold here for a while.
    Off to bed soon had my first gym workout for the week late this afternoon, hope to go again in the morning.
    Bye for now
    Tilly xx

Tricia, welcome and good luck!! I’m on the very slow pattern but it’s very sustainable plus I’m down from where I started and I’m off the train of inching up….I’ll take that I guess.

Tilly, it’s fun to hear of different names for thrift shops. I like jumble sale? Is that right?

Sherry, the blue apron was good. It was fun to make something different and a little gourmet. The produce was beautiful–there was a cauliflower that looked like a glass sculpture! But peeling the winter squash was difficult and there was a good bit of washing and dicing so it wasn’t necessarily easy. The main downer was that there was a ton of packaging. One meal was sweet chili sole over a rice pilaf that had cabbage and delicata squash. The other was sauteed chicken thighs over roasted veggies. It was interesting to see the methods for the pan sauce but ultimately there was just too much packaging for me to sign up. My son is going to give it a try, too, though and it might be a good way for him to learn some cooking tricks.

Lori, have fun with the alpacas! They are so cool. How wonderful about your earring!

Cinque, I hope all is going well with your project!

I may have to write off the rest of the week. I really need to call the vet to take our cat in, maybe tomorrow. I don’t want to have a crisis during Thanksgiving break–it will be the first time my son is home since early June and it’s just a matter of time. Also, the GI gave us an appt Friday at 11:30. It was a work in to discuss the endoscopy and there are no other options apparently. But it’s over an hour away so my daughter will miss the whole school day effectively….then she’ll miss two days when she has it! I know it’s not a big deal in the big picture but I have such an aversion to dealing with the medical profession and she is such a drama queen about it….I think it’s easier just to get it over with though!

Hi all,
    Quick pop in. Made it to the gym again this morning woo hoo
    Carolina a jumble sale is normally a stall set up at a fair or in a church hall here in Australia and from memory it’s the same in the U.K. where I grew up. It is fun learning the different names particular to a specific country though. I correspond with a French lady who lives in Germany we have fun trying to work out the names of things. She and her German husband visited us last year and much hilarity ensued when trying to translate things. She is fluent in five languages but her husband only speaks a little French and even less English 😉
    Hope Yam Daisy is going well Cinque 😁
    Better get back to my washing, think the load has finished. Making the most of our beautiful sunshine today. Also got to pack the van for our few days away 😎
    Love Tilly xx

Good Morning!

Ushering in another FD with a boot camp session. Then home to make applesauce for the husband, do some laundry and just putter around the house.

We had fun at the alpaca farm yesterday. It is just a small, Mom & Pop operation, but the people are very nice. We had a nice tour and got to “meet” some of the 50 alpacas that they currently have on site. The little store is very nice and I could have spent $$$. I bought the softest, warmest pair of socks to wear while lounging around the house. Love them! I will have to go back for more. Husband bought super warm socks for hunting for himself and our son and grandson. They had beautiful sweaters, scarves & hats too. Alpaca is 3 times warmer than wool, but you don’t get the itch from it. I was a bit hesitant, as wool drives me crazy, but she was right, my socks are not itchy at all.

After the farm, we stopped for a nice lunch. It was a fun way to spend a few hours.

Tomorrow we go to Annapolis, Maryland with our son and grandson. Our son is running a half marathon on Saturday morning. Friday night we’ll have a nice seafood dinner and then up early Saturday morning to head to the start of the race. It will take him a bit over 2 hours to run the 13.1 miles. OY!

Well, time for a bit of coffee and then boot camp. Have a lovely day!

Hello again, I’d like to just state for the record that the scales have their own volition! This afternoon I saw the number I was wanting. Go figure. I often have a lag between behavior and the scale–do others experience this? Anyway, I was glad to see it and hope I can build on the progress!!

Hello All,

CC.. Congrats! I know how that feels. I wolfed about 10 chocolate biscuits a couple of days ago (stress-eating.. I have not had ONE chocolate biscuit in ages) and the scales are slightly down this morning. Go figure.

Lori.. you seem busier than ever., and don’t those socks sound divine. I should try to source some…and talk about customer service! I am so happy for you that you have the earring pair restored.

Tilly, belated Happy Birthday. Glad you had a nice day

Sherry & Cinque.. a quick hello. I am popping in here for a couple of minutes before I ‘sink’ into my day. FD for me today, and a flight in the evening for one of a series of 3 trips by Dec 3. This job is going to be the end of me, I swear.

Anyway.. I hope everyone has a glorious Friday and an even better weekend.

Salma

Hi gals! I swear this site drives me bonkers! Entered my password twice & both times it didn’t recognize me then all of a sudden it did & opened up for me!

Tonight we went out for
    a lovely 16th birthday dinner for my daughter. I’m here chatting now because we decided to browse through a new shopping center afterwards where I went to Lush and bought a seaweed mask & asparagus mask. (Both very anti-aging wouldn’t ya know 😉). So it’s drying on my face while I type & hold my glasses about an inch away so as not to goop them up! I’m sure I will have erased at least 10 years from my face when I scrape it off shortly! Wish me luck! 😂

Hi Tilly, happy late bday wishes from me too! What wonderful thing did you end up getting your hubby your hubby to buy for you?

Lori, yay for those terrific jewelers & for fuzzy warm ( not itchy- I can’t take wool either!) alpaca socks!

Elizabeth, what a great surprise! Sad to say I don’t see that happening to me often!

Salma, hope the FD was successful! You poor girl! Three trips by early December? Is this how your job is expected to always be or is it just this way for now while you’re getting things sorted out & everyone on the right track? Where is it that you usually have to fly to? Hoping the new year involves less off it fir you!

Cinque, I can’t wait to get to maintenance fasting. I think after the holidays are over that it will happen for me- too many crazy eating opportunities right now. No, we didn’t do anything re: the mike yet. Waiting fir a plastic surgeon referral so as to make it less visible. I still haven’t told her yet- waiting till it’s more imminent so she doesn’t make herself crazy worrying about it as long!

Tomorrow is our 26th wedding anniversary. We’re going to (yet another!) dinner & then dancing at a place on the waterfront that has 70’s & 80’s funk band. Hopefully I’ll dance off all these eating out calories!

Ok, my face mask is so dry it’s starting to crack! Time to take off the green gunk!

Cinque, that would be re: the mole, not “mike”- don’t know how he (whoever he is!) made it into the sentence? I think some green goop made its way into my eyes! 😆

Good Morning!

Just a few minutes to post before heading off to boot camp. Day 4 this week! My mind tried to talk me out of it, but I’m soldiering on!

Hello to the smooth and younger looking Sherry! Hope the mask worked some magic, and if it did, I will need the name post haste! 😉 Happy Anniversary! Your evening plans sound divine. Enjoy!

The evil scale has popped up over 3 lbs this morning! WTH? No reason for it that I can think of. I’m chalking it up to sore muscles from boot camp. Sounds good, right?

Today we’ll pick up our Grandson at school around noon and then pick our son up and head for Annapolis. Son will do his half marathon tomorrow morning and we’ll make our way home in the afternoon sometime. Looking forward to some good seafood tonight!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi all, sitting here in our caravan at Sorrento Beach. Hoping the weather warms up because it is pretty cold outside. Fortunately we have power so my little electric heater is on full !!
    My dear husband bought me a new dress watch. I still have the one he gave me for my 21st birthday but unfortunately the eyes are not what they used to be and even with my reading glasses on I cant see it hahaha 🤓
    Sherry I hear you with the site sometimes, I typed up a post to you all a few days ago three times before I got it to load. Very frustrating. Hope the face mask worked Sherry.
    Hoping to maintain this weekend at least, never easy when you are away from home. But we can only try.
    Lori I find that frustrating too, for no apparent reason the scales jump up and you’ve been doing everything right. I put it down to hormones, it’s the only logical reason anyway 😁
    Anyway have a great weekend, it’s supposed to improve weather wise here in Melbourne 22c tomorrow, 25c Sunday and 35c Monday woohoo hello summer or at least late spring 😎
    Bye for now
    Tilly xx

In the airport on my way to Cyprus. 3 days of work, one day to chill. I thought I would pop in and say hello. The FD went great (so far). I am so jealous of those of you on maintenance. Will I EVER get there? The scales keep playing havoc with my nerves, but I am STILL under 80 which is a huge achievement.

Sherry, I want the name of the green goop if it has done what it promised.. I am feeling particularly haggard these days.
    Lori, muscles retain water.. 3 lbs of water.. that is what the scales are reading. They will be gone in no time.

Sending you all warm wishes (from warm Beirut).

Salma

Good early morning with a cloudy day start, but with sun peeping through!

Tilly, enjoy that beach! It sounds just bliss, and so nice to be there before it gets ‘summer holiday’ busy. What a lovely husband! Hooray for gym too!

I think of jumble sales with churches and British books! Different from Op Shops or Garage Sales (do you know that one non Australians?)

Carolina WOOT! Good things come to those that persist! yes, I know that lag, it is fascinating! Something to do with wormholes and alternative universes I think!

Are you mourning your dear cat now? Sending sympathy and good wishes.

It will be your Friday now, so thinking of your daughter and hoping you have a particularly lovely specialist.

Salma, you are probably on the plane now. Best wishes. Cheers for the rest of your fast day. It is just wonderful that you have stayed under 80. Is your next mini goal 75? Best wishes for Cyprus, the work and especially the chill out day!

It is easier when you get to maintenance! (so far) And my body is still changing, like people talk about. But since I am almost at Salma levels of busyness it is hard to eat well. ie planning and preparing food. I plan to make ‘salad in a jar’ again today, as they do make it easy to grab something good!

Sherry you are not far from maintenance! Soon, very soon! It is breathing down your neck!

My news is that on Wednesday evening our chef broke her right index finger badly, poor thing, and as I was scrambling to work out how we would get our food cooked when our little cafe opens, a possible OH&S issue came up and since that will take a couple of weeks to sort at least, and Christmas is so close, the YamDaisy cafe won’t open til next year.
    I was bitterly disappointed yesterday (not convinced that the OH&S thing is an issue at all) and having to write emails and posts to let everyone know. But I am pretty resilient and by this morning I am looking at all the upsides, including the luxury of time I have to get the final things done, and how much more time I can spend with my granddaughters. The little one is nearly two months old!

Lori your scales are just having a break out after being good for a while, they do not have a steady and reliable personality, none of them do! You just have to put up with their shenanigans! I hope boot camp was fun (in that boot campy way!) So glad about the diamond! And the alpaca!
    Good luck to your son in the half marathon! Enjoy Annapolis!

Sherry, Happy Anniversary! https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-C1ZlXGKrhGg/VfhDZNaTQhI/AAAAAAAAFcY/ToXDnnhek_o/w700-h428-no/Happy-Anniversary-Quotes-For-Friends.jpg
    Did the green goop work?
    Glad you can put off mole (mike 😉 ) issues a bit longer.

Cheers all

Hello ladies!

Just sitting here by the pool letting the kids get an energy burning swim in before we go out this evening. Hoping this will calm them so there’s less likelihood of them killing each other while we’re gone! I got my (very tough today 😬) Pilates session in as well as my grocery shopping, bought the kids some sandwiches & now the pool. Being in such a small space with my 4 kids while my husband works is making me cranky as all they do is pick on one another! I’m hoping I can shake this mood by the time we for out tonight! To boot, I’m up another pound after last night’s dinner out. I had the salad bar with very little dressing & shared a piece of mahi with my husband. What did me in was the surprise mocha chocolate ice cream hula pie they brought to the table for my daughter’s birthday! It’s too yummy to pass up!

Lol everyone re: the green goop mask! 😆 My skin definitely felt softer afterwards, but alas, no wrinkle/sagging erasing miracle I’m sorry to say! Who knows, maybe with continued use over time?

Thank you all for the nice anniversary wishes & the card, Cinque!

Oh Lori! I’m hating the evil scale too! Good thing is that you’re able to drop quickly gained pounds with one good fast! Have fun with your grandson & wishing for an excellent race time for your son!

Tillly, what a nice gift from your husband! Enjoy your stay at the beach! I know what you mean about just trying to do your best when away. It’s a battle but we do have to try.

Sorry Salma that I didn’t have a better assessment of the green goop’s powers to erase time! All that travel & stress from work can’t gave helped with feeling haggard! Cyprus does sound like a nice destination though and at least you get a chill day! Again, so proud of you that you’re able to stay under 80! Don’t fret, you’re doing the good work of solidifying at a new, lower set point in you weight. Soon the scale will be ready to move again.

Cinque, as I was reading your post I was so upset for you re: the new issues you’re experiencing trying to open Yam Daisy, but then relieved that you’re finding relief in the set back- giving you the time you need & to spend with family! So important, especially euthanasia the holidays upon us

Ok time to get those kids out of the pool! Please excuse any typos or strange out of place words as I’m typing on my iPad without my glasses & don’t have time to proofread! 😘

Ok- just saw the word euthanasia!!! In my post as I was hitting send! This is exactly what I meant when I said excuse typos! Geez! That would be “with” the holidays upon us! 😖

Hello from sunny Cyprus,

Geez Sherry, I had to do a double take as I read the last sentence of your earlier post. Isn’t auto correct (or more accurately auto mistakes) annoying? I do hope you had a ery nice anniversary dinner and that chocolate/chocolate/chocolate pie sounds amazing. I hope you are not planning on conversing with your scales this morning, particularly if another divine dessert was partaken of for the anniversary.

Cinque, I, too felt very bad for the delay in opening YamDaisy.. but sometimes things turn out for the best.As you say, it will give you more time to regroup and enjoy the holidays. I hope your cook gets better too.. what a thing to happen just before you were to open. Maybe it is a good idea to have a plan B in place in case of such an occurrence (even just a cold). It would be too precarious to be totally dependent on one person after things have taken off. By the way what are OH&S issues.. I am scratching my head here.

Have a good weekend guys.

Salma

Viewing 50 posts - 4,301 through 4,350 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.