Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,351 through 4,400 (of 5,077 total)

• What a pleasant vibe this thread has. Do you all mind if another joins this encouraging 5:2 meeting place? I started reading from the first post and after 2 pages skipped to the last page to see who was still in, how they have fared and more importantly was the thread continuing. I confess to doing this with some novels as well. Everyone’s stories and caring comments are very reassuring.

I turned 54 this year and I have struggled with weight (I refuse to call it mine — since it is clearly borrowed!!) issues since menopause some 6 years ago; now currently on 72kg. Tim Ferris and his 4 hour body helped get me down to 63kg about 3 years ago but I took my eye of the ball and found the weight creeping ever upward and feeling despondent and helpless in the face of it. In June a melancholia of unknown provenance which had been with me for 8 months lifted and I determined to apply myself once again. Since then I lost 2kgs following a popular plan that has phenomenal results for those who can tolerate big protein heavy meals and I acknowledge had I been regimental about it the same could have been for me. But now I can’t even face picking up that diet again for the simple fact that I was never a big meat eater to start with and I feel that I have had enough to last me the rest of the decade!

Then the other day 5:2 resurfaced (I had heard about it 3 years ago whilst doing 4HourBody plan) in a newspaper article about a local media personality who warded off diabetes by following Michael Mosley’s plan (complete with a photo of Dr MM and said media personality posing in the Perth sunshine) and having just learned that my Mum is pre-diabetic (her brother has been managing diabetes for 10 years with diet alone) felt that this was as much pertinent for me as for her; and thus began the internet trawl and my eventual landing here.

I will be starting tomorrow not having read the book but believe I get the gist (until I buy the book) as being to keep under my TDEE of 1790cal (will start out with fitbit to track food) and fast for 2 days (Mon & Thur seems to be popular and works for me) at 500cal or under and ensure fluid intake is at least 2litres. Please straighten me out if I have missed stuff or got it wrong (and I will read the recommended newbie post a bit later on….off now to razzle my 2 teenage sons to spruce up the back yard.

Chao for now
    Nicola

Welcome Nicola!
    You seem to have got the essentials nicely! Cheers for your first fast, I am fasting tomorrow too!
    Perth sunshine… Australia? Me too, but I am Melbourne 🙂
    I hope you find 5:2 easy and natural to fit into a normal life. That is what made it work for me!
    You can also check out the documentary on youtube “Eat Fast and Live Longer’ if you want to.

Sherry and Salma, thanks so much for your comforting and sensible words. I was right in the rhythm of the countdown, so it was hard, but I am already adjusting.

Had a big eating day today. Finally made the salads this evening, and ate the bits and pieces (cherry tomatoes, cucumber, burgul, lentils with roast pumpkin and lettuce and basil leaves) left over from making the jars full, and then added a piece of fish (frozen crumbed fillet) and then realised I had a perfect avocado, so added half of that. Ate it all up and then had the other half of avocado for dessert! But Oh it was yummy.
    Ready to fast tomorrow now 🙂

Bye!

PS OH&S Occupational Health and Safety!

Hi everyone, a quick visit before I head to bed!

We had a great dinner last night at a new restauran by the piers. I had a salad with arugula, pecan, pears, and goat cheese, roast chicken with stuffing ( avoided most of that) and roasted veggies.. For dessert we shared homemade salted caramel gelato ( Sooooo yummy 😋 !!!!!) The band at the dance place was “ok”, but we had a great time dancing. I think we were the youngsters on the dance floor last night! We enjoyed watching some of the dancers’ “moves”! Today we took the kids to the farmers market to get crepes for breakfast & buy some bread & veggies and then headed to a nearby shopping center & then fast food Chinese for lunch. My hubby & I were so tired after all that & last night that we took a nap when we got home. I rarely nap. I must have needed it I guess!

Anyhow, time for bed- an early day tomorrow. We have to be at a local snorkeling area by 8 am or risk the parking lot filling up & closing down before we get there – it’s super popular for viewing beautiful fish! Hopefully I’ll have more time to comment to all of you tomorrow!

Good night!

Good Morning!

Sherry…sounds like you’re having a busy & fun time! The snorkeling will be awesome, I’m sure. Enjoy each day!

Welcome Nicola…this is a great group. You’ll get lots of good tips from the other ladies here.

Cinque, too bad about the delay in opening Yam Daisy. I know you were ready to go, but all things in their own time, right? Your salad sounds yummy!

We had a nice, if quick trip to Annapolis. It was nice spending a bit of time with our son and grandson. Our son ran the half marathon in 2:08. He said it was the hardest course he’s ever run. Lots of BIG hills. We got home about 3:30 yesterday afternoon and husband and I just collapsed. Not sure why we were so tired…we didn’t run!

Aiming to have a good fast today as I’ve been eating all manner of “stuff” for the past 2 days. Ugh.

Have good days!

Hello, all,

Welcome, Nicola. It sounds as if you’ll be off to a good start! You’ll learn the details that work best for you as you go along. I make very slow progress but at least it’s sustainable.

Cinque, so sorry about the delay!! I know the feeling–we were ready to go with our huge kitchen/den remodel in September but it was delayed until January!! I wish it were over of course, but I was glad for the extra time to focus on details that might have been rushed otherwise.

Lori, we had a nice trip to Annapolis many year ago. It’s a cool place–glad you enjoyed it…. Do you have snow? My son in Pittsburgh said it was snowing a lot!

Sherry, sounds as if you’re having a great time! What a nice thing to have such a great place to vacation regularly. BTW, our Thanksgiving project with our local school turned out really nice. The employees enjoyed going to the school and being treated like a big deal. It was good to have something positive to focus on for a bit.

We had a difficult weekend–we had to put our 18 year old cat to sleep. I really didn’t think he’d make it through Friday night but then he walked out of the laundry when I went downstairs in the morning. We didn’t tell my daughter until she got back from dance/birthday party and I had to tell a white lie to her while I was driving her between the two….that was hard because I do try to be truthful with her but this was the first chance she’s had in a while to be with this whole group of friends and go watch her best friend in a play. Anyway, she was devastated…..it was hard on all of us because he’s been right there with us forever and he was a great cat. The house seems empty even though we have two other cats! But I am glad that we won’t have a crisis during the holidays and he’s not in discomfort and we won’t have to worry about what to do with him during the kitchen remodel…..

Anyway, I did some evil stress eating!!! I’ve just been rather depressed the past couple of weeks anyway and also I’ve been feeling stressed about the things I have to juggle. It’s not that much in the greater scheme of things but I’m not good at juggling, haha–we have our company party, which isn’t at our house this year but I still have to coordinate stuff–plus Thanksgiving stuff, a little leftover birthday stuff with the kids, Christmas stuff and mainly getting ready for the class I’m teaching and our remodel after the holidays!!! I’m in that unproductive worry mode plus feeling down. Last week for the first time ever I didn’t meet my fitbit goal one single day! Usually I meet it almost every day. So time to reboot!!!!

Good Morning!

Carolina….sorry about the loss of your fur baby. I lost my 18 year old fur baby about this same time of year 4 years ago. Leaves a void, that’s for sure.

We have no snow, just cold and very windy. Nothing I hate worse that a cold wind in the winter time. Brrr…. I ventured out for boot camp this morning and will run 1 errand this afternoon and that’s it! I’m hibernating!

Just finished getting the spare bedroom ready for husband’s brother to arrive this weekend. He’s coming for a few days for hunting season. I’m getting out of here before the hunters descend. I’m going to my sister’s for 4 or 5 days. Just hoping the hunters don’t burn my house down trying to make breakfast for themselves on Monday morning. They’re used to me being here making pancakes and bacon for them. Not anymore. Not my circus, not my monkeys! LOL!

Thinking of you Sherry and Salma….being where it’s warm while I sit here with my Alpaca socks on trying not to freeze! I’m not jealous…honest. 😉

Had a good fast day yesterday and am well on my way today. I’m doing the window method and am determined to give it a solid month of good effort before bailing on it like I usually do. My goal is to have a 5-6 hour eating window. Not really counting calories, just trying to stay low carb and eating to satisfaction within my eating window. I will not weigh myself until January 1. Hoping to see a number I like to start the New Year.

Hugs to you all……….have a great week!

Good morning everyone

Carolina, farewell to your dear cat. The end of a precious life. But you made it a humane end.

Nicole! How did your fast day go?

Sherry, what a great holiday you are having!

Lori what a nice time in Annapolis. What a marathon! And brr. That cold!

It is a cool wet morning here after a nasty hot day yesterday ending with a powerful thunderstorm that filled all our hospitals with people having asthma attacks. I was unaffected, phew.
    I’ve spent the last couple of days adjusting to the new rhythm after the community cafe postponement. It has been interesting, after a couple of weeks where I had to concentrate to make sure I ate, yesterday I had a big bad eating binge (although not so big compared to how they used to be). Done now!

I also have my business plan finally written, although it will need a bit of editing and tidying up. And am back to a less intense writing of lists and working through tasks.

Best wishes for your day! Or evening!

Good morning! Winter has definitely blown in although we don’t have snow. We’re hoping for a bit of rain to break the drought on Friday but we’ll see. We’re having landscaping done in the back yard so there are workers around but at least they’re outside. I feel bad for them being in the cold though!

Our son gets in tonight so I’m doing things for that today.

Cinque, I understand about the eating!!! You will be focused on the cafe again before you know it and the holidays are coming quickly. Do you have any type of harvest festival in Australia? I guess it would be in April or so if you did!!

Lori, do you eat a lot of venison? I’ve never cooked it but I did have this incredible venison apple chili. It was wonderful. I try to use bison whenever I can but the last couple of times I haven’t been able to get it. My son is eating meat again and I was wanting to make this Serbian mousaka recipe while he’s here–I think he’d eat bison but I’m not sure about beef …. not sure why they’ve been out lately.

Well, I need to work on this training course for the online class I’m doing–I’ve had some glitches, which is not a good omen!!!!

Good Morning!

Another successful FD under my belt! Today is going to be a struggle as I didn’t eat enough yesterday so waiting until Noon today to eat is going to be rough. I went to bed hungry last night, went to boot camp this morning and now I’m hungry! 4 hrs until my eating window opens..ACK..not sure I’ll make it.

Carolina…I don’t care for venison. I can eat the burger or if it’s make into ring bologna, but don’t like the steaks or chops. I know it’s a good low fat source of protein, but just don’t like it. I guess I should make an effort to find a way of cooking it that will not turn me off.

I have a long list of stuff to pick up at the grocery store today. Hubby wants to go along, so at least I’ll have some help. Not sure why he wants to go, but he asked me to wait until he gets home from his part time job.

Still chilly today, but not quite as windy as yesterday. At least the sun is shining today!

Have a good day!

Wow Lori, good luck making it. But if you can’t, remember that 5:2 is meant to be doable!

I ate well yesterday, by which I mean good food, sensible portions.
    And I pretty well finished the business plan, but now I have found a whole new list of urgent things to do!

Fast day today. Starting the day with ginseng tea.

There is often a harvest festival in churches here, sometime in Autumn Carolina, but not anything on a National scale. Planting season now, I just put in a tomato, zucchini and lettuce seedlings. A self sown tomato plant already has fruit!

Best wishes everyone!

Thank you all for your kind welcomes and the tip to watch a video (Cinque).

Alas after my first positive post I confess nothing much has happened since, mainly due to lack of food/fridge organisation and focus on planning a program for my eldest to partake-in in January in a bid to help him gain some maturity. So I spent aeons on the computer sussing programs, travel, prelim accommodation (as it is on the east coast) only to find out that my choice is unlikely to run due to lack of numbers. So even more time on the computer and even less time on me. Anyway have it sorted now and father and son are off on a guided mini adventure in manhood and I am very pleased with my efforts….though husband was initially a little taken aback in the the new plan!!! which made me chuckle.

Now that the food supplies have been sorted I have officially commenced …(again!)

Lori_Pa….. your comments about venison ring a little true for me regarding kangaroo – a good source of lean protein but which I could not eat without a slight prejudice tainting the flavour. I only bought it once and after some reading have decided to not rebuy.

Cinque….. the asthma storm – now there was a totally new phenomena to me and it contributed to 2 deaths. Incredible.

Hope you all have a great day

Hello All,

Carolina.. condoences are in order. I am sorry about your cat.. I know how devastating that can be.
    Cinque yay for finishing the business plan.. I also know how how yucky that can be. Well done.. big pat on the back!

Lori.. You and I and the eternal struggle with ups and downs! had a successful FD yesterday which brought down the number on the scale (which had gone back up to 80 over the last trip). Christmas is coming with all its temptations, so I want to be in a good place before that. Two more trips for me next week, though. They are short, so hopefully, the damage will not be too bad.

MsAlocin.. welcome to our virtual corner.. We have all stopped and started, but the main thing is to keep going. You’ll make it.. we are a helpful bunch around here. Good luck.

for all other than Lori, TGIF tomorrow 🙂 Actually, I don’t know why I would be happy about that as I have an all day conference on Saturday and I fly out early Sunday morning. I can’t wait for Dec 15 when I can relax a bit and spend some time with my kids.

Have a good day ..

Salma

Good Morning All!

Thanksgiving Day here and I’ll soon be wrestling with a turkey, trying to get it ready for the oven. No…it’s not alive, but preparing it for roasting sometimes feels like a wrestling match!

I’m avoiding the scale until January 1. I’m doing my best to stick to a 5-6 hour eating window. I don’t keep track of calories, but I know some days are quite low as I’ve gone to bed hungry on several occasions. I know if I weighed myself and didn’t see a loss, I would abandon this window plan before giving it a chance. I’m determined to give it a few weeks to see if any pounds or inches shift.

I’ll get thru today’s meal and clean up and then take a deep breath. Tomorrow will be boot camp and then a day of nothing but laundry. Saturday morning I’m heading to my sister’s for a few days. I want to get out of here before my home turns into a hunting camp. The husband is panicking about having to make breakfast for 6 of his buddies(I usually do it), but he’ll live. My kitchen, however, may never be the same. 🙁

Ok…another cup of coffee and then it’s turkey time!

Just a quick pop in to wish those of you giving thanks, a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Poor turkeys, eh?

Salma

Good morning,

Happy Thanksgiving!
    My daughter invited me to dinner telling me that she wanted to celebrate thanksgiving because she was so thankful for me! Wasn’t that lovely. We didn’t do any trimmings, but had the most beautiful succulent chicken, beans and potatoes. Just delicious!

It is TGIF as the weekend gives me time to catch up on things!

MsAlocin, life does get in the way sometimes! Congratulations on sorting it all out, and now you have a chance to get back to 5:2 I hope that you get a good run.

And Oh dear, it is up to four deaths from that asthma thunderstorm. Just awful.

I’ve got my granddaughter here (you can see why my daughter is thankful 😉 ) but ofcourse I am thankful too. A bit tired. Hopefully my coffee will spark me up!

Must go and build block towers. Bye!
    Sending best wishes
    Any one fasting today?

Hello……

Nicola, I never knew people ate kangaroo….I definitely couldn’t do that! I’m fine with venison but we’re not hunters so I’ve never made it myself. There are so many deer, they need to be hunted or they would be terribly overpopulated.

Lori, hope your kitchen isn’t too much worse for the wear, haha! How did your turkey come out?

Salma, hope your travels go well! I will join you and Lori in the eternal struggle with ups and downs!!! Better than that eternal inching upward.

Cinque, no fasting here until my son goes back. Glad you had a nice time with your daughter. I have heard of the asthma thunderstorm but don’t quite understand it….

Well, I basically went off the rails between having my son home and cooking for Thanksgiving and stress eating at my inlaws!!! I’m hoping to undo the damage next week. I have to weigh or things will get out of control…..

Happy Friday!

My Thanksgiving dinner turned out very well. Good turkey & ham and lots of yummy side dishes. I planned well so as not to have too many leftovers, except the meat…the hunters want that for making sandwiches to take to the mountain.

I skipped boot camp this morning and decided to sleep in instead. Lazy me! I did my laundry and ran a quick errand. I’m all packed and ready to head to my sister’s at 7AM. I’ll get up early, have some coffee, hit the shower and off I’ll go. I like the idea of getting the 2.5 hr drive over with by the time most people even think of venturing out. Should be smooth sailing.

I probably won’t post much(if at all)in the coming week as I’ll just have my phone and my Kindle, neither of which is great for typing on. Know that I’m thinking of you all and I’ll be back to check on you all soon!

Wow–where is everyone?? I feel as if something happened that I don’t know about, haha.

I continued my terrible eating the whole time my son was home. Why do I do that???? Ugh. That instinct to make healthy food for my child is strong–I worry about him not eating right at school so I’m cooking a lot more than usual. And I’m still really bad when I’m around food in the kitchen. When he’s not here and my daughter is at school/dance, it’s so much easier. Anyway, I hope this will be a cautionary tale for Christmas!!! Yesterday was fast day and it was great to get back on track. I also had a lot of lemon water and detox tea.

Good morning!

Where is everyone indeed?! I’m still at my sister’s…will go home on Thursday. I was going to go home on Wednesday, but it is supposed to rain(as it is today). I don’t like driving that far in the rain, so will just stay an extra day.

We’ve been doing some shopping and just hanging out. I was sick on Sunday, some kind of gastrointestinal thing, not fun. Fingers crossed that Sis doesn’t get it. She seems fine so far.

Our eating has been pretty good not perfect. I have gone to the gym here in her apartment building 2 days, and plan to go on Thursday before I head home.

Speaking of home….Sherry, are you back from Hawaii? Hope you had a great time.

Cinque, how are you? Hope plans are progressing for Yam Daisy.

Carolina, don’t stress over your eating. Chalk it up to the Holiday and proceed. Life happens!

Hugs to all!

Good morning everyone. Start of my Wednesday fast day.
    With Salma on her business trip and Sherry in Hawaii, it is quiet! Lucky you have posted from your sister’s place Lori!
    I have been sooooo busy still with YamDaisy, should slow down a bit after tomorrow.

Carolina, that asthma thunderstorm is hard to understand. It was the worst anyone has any knowledge of (climate change) and eight people have now died. One is still in a critical condition in hospital. Fingers crossed they pull through. Apparently the heat and wind took enormous amounts of rye grass pollen into the air, then they swelled with the moisture from the rain, and exploded into tiny fragments that could much more easily get into peoples lungs.

I can understand that having your son at home would bring up all those complex issues about being a mum, and food. It is so central to caring for them! And yet (with most kids) it is impossible to do it right. Omg my life got so much easier when my daughter left home!

I’m still getting the hang of being on maintenance. It is a long slow journey for me to work out what normal eating looks like! Overdosed on almonds last night, so glad of a fast day today.

Best wishes to you all!

Hi all! –
    A quick pop in while my hubby is in the store buying a birthday card for a friend we’re going to dinner with tonight.

I’ve been MIA because this stupid site temporarily dydnt recognize my password and I was too busy to re-set it! Well now of course on a whim I decided to try again whilst sitting in the car and lo and behold , it works again! 😬

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi all, I’m still alive & leaving Hawaii tomorrow. Maybe I’ll have time to chat here before I fly out tomorrow- if not, I’ll be catching up with you all when I return.

Bye fir now! 😊

Hi girls! Wow, no one on here since I last popped in two days ago? Anyhow, I’m home, super tired, ate very badly (mildly depressed about that!), and in the midst of roasting six organic chickens, the bones from which I plan to make three big pots of bone broth to start back on my cleanse tomorrow. I hope to have extra to freeze. The hubby is so unhappy with his own eating over the trip (and the fact that Christmas will all to soon be upon us) that he will be joining me on the four day bone broth cleanse excursion!

Last night we arrived home just after midnight to an awful smelling house only to find the frig had quit working and everything inside was spoiled. Stayed up till about 2 am dumping the contents! Now we’re shopping for a new one and trying in the mean time to live with only the use of the frig in the garage (thank God we have that one!).

I’ve been trying to read along here and there but no time to do personals as Lori says! Sorry! Will get back into the swing of things here soon! Hope you all are well and wish me luck getting back on track. I feel seriously gross! 🙁

Love ya!

Sherry

Good Morning Sherry & Everyone!

I’m right there with you in the feeling disappointed in my eating and just feeling tubby. Did not really overdo portions, but just eating the wrong things. I’m back to fasting until Noon today. I need some hungry time. Good luck to you, Sherry, and your husband on your cleanse. So sorry about you coming home to a broken fridge. What a mess! Glad you had the extra one in the garage to see you thru.

I’m having another lazy day today. My stomach is just not feeling right since my bout with illness on Sunday. I’m giving myself the weekend to be lazy and then it’s back to boot camp and strict eating.

Today I’m going to a little Christmas party at my hair salon. It’s nice that they’re having a party for their clients. After that, I’ll run a quick errand and then back home. My husband is going hunting again with our son, so he’ll be out all day.

Tomorrow I’m going shopping with a friend. She has Christmas shopping to do, so I’ll tag along. I haven’t gotten the list from our daughter about what our Grandsons want for Christmas, so I won’t be able to do much shopping.

Ok…time to get this day going. Have a good one!

Hi Sherry,
    Welcome home! Although, oh dear, what a time for the fridge to pick to breakdown!
    Enjoy your bone broth cleanse Sherry and Mr Sherry!

Hi Lori.
    Glad you are over your tummybug.

Hello everyone else, good luck with your 5:2ing!
    Anyone joining me on a fast day tomorrow?
    best wishes

Good Morning Cinque!

No….no fast day for me today as my friend and I are going out for lunch. I will try to make wise choices, however.

Well, the hunters are a happy lot. My husband shot a 7 point buck yesterday morning and our 12 year old grandson shot his 1st one…a 5 point, yesterday afternoon. I have no idea what we will do with all the meat. I’m going to suggest donating some of it. I simply don’t care for it, and truth be told, neither does my husband. The guys are back out this morning hunting for doe this time. Run deer, run! 😉

I had a nice time at the salon Christmas party yesterday. They had a LulaRoe clothing rep there and I bought myself some things. Also a girl selling Magnolia & Vine jewelry….again bought something for me, but also my sister’s Christmas gift. Yikes! $$$ I think I may be getting a part-time job at the salon after the new year. It will just be front desk and easy clean up such as washing towels etc. At least it will give me a reason to get dressed after my shower in the morning! I’m doing too much sitting!

Hope you all have a great day…fasting or not!

Hi ladies!

Well, I’m back in the swing of things! Just completed my second day of the cleanse with “Mr. Sherry” (lol, Cinque!). He’s survived surprisingly well. He’s usually good that way though. Whenever in the past I’ve gotten him to join me in an eating plan, he does so pretty easily as long as I mostly to do the prep and he just eats what I give him on auto pilot! I told him, we are “older” parents and we need to be healthy/keep our weight in check for both our and our kids’ sakes. He goes up and down about 10 lbs and tends to get the “man belly”…nothing huge mind you, but there just the same. He looks so much better without it (don’t we all?). He probably needs to lose 15-20 lbs. Told him the plan is that he fast twice weekly with me (I plan to consult him on what foods he’d like to eat so I can get a 600 calorie plan together for him) till he loses his weight and then fast once a week and do the cleanse once a month with me to keep things in check. He said he’s good with that…we will see! Anyone else’s spouses doing FD’s with them? Seems I remember someone’s was?

Today was a busy day. The three youngest were in the town’s Christmas parade singing for their school honor choir. I was the “caboose” mom, walking behind and yelling to the kids to avoid the horse droppings in the road ahead of us! Why they didn’t require the horse people to have someone following behind with the rolling bucket and shovel, I don’t know?! That’s what I’ve usually seen in parades. After the parade and lunch we went and picked out our Christmas tree and hauled it home. Also, the new fridge came today…yay! Trying to not to cover it up with the tons of magnets, pictures, etc. that were on the prior one!

Lori, I can’t help but feel sorry for the poor deer! I know all of the arguments….they’d be overrun with disease if not hunted, and people eat them so no different from eating other animal protein, but they’re so beautiful! My husband grew up out in the country in Michigan and hunted most of his life. In fact, on our honeymoon we spent one week in Michigan so that I could meet the relatives there that couldn’t make it to CA for the wedding and one week in Jamaica. It was November and of course he had to go deer hunting! I think that’s a great idea re: the part-time salon job… something easy to keep you busy and make a little money to boot! 🙂

Hi Cinque (good luck on tomorrow’s fast!) and Elizabeth!

Getting late hereabouts! Good night all!

Hello!!!!

Welcome back, Sherry! Can I ask what kind of fridge you had? We bought a Samsung about four years ago and now I kind of regret it because I keep hearing that their service is terrible….but since it’s new we’re not replacing it with our remodel. I wish now I’d bought a counter width.

Lori, giving the meat away sounds like a good idea! The salon job as well–I think that would be fun.

Cinque, hope your fast went well!!!

I’m afraid to get on the scales. Friday was our company party that I’ve been organizing. It went really well but I ate way too much barbecue. It was at a cidery that is only three miles or so from us so that was neat. Cool vibe, too. The only hitch was that when it’s in our home we do this silly thing called The Candies where everyone gets an award for something during the year….like the Star candy went to an engineer who got his first patent, etc. It seems like people usually like it but it felt a little weird at the cidery–we were in our own space on a mezzanine but it was harder to hear and just felt odd. Then Saturday was my birthday and I ate ice cream even though I shouldn’t have!!! Today some people had to go into work to get ready for a customer so my daughter and I got Thai take-out for them and ate with them….plus I’ve just been eating the leftover appetizers, etc. Ugh! Need to reset this week.

We got about half our decorating done for the holidays….will try to finish tomorrow. I need a few more lights for the Christmas tree–I wish I’d had them today because I really want to move on to getting things in line for January.

Have a great day, everyone!!! Elizabeth

Hey girls!

An uneventful but busy day hereabouts! Got the ‘ol walk in with the hubby this morning and then spent a good part of the morning sorting through all the mail we received while in Hawaii. Probably spent more time than necessary because I got caught looking at all those Christmas ads they send this time of the year. After that, laundry, Christmas decorating (we’re still working on ours too, Elizabeth…we have to tackle the tree slowly but surely this week).

Elizabeth, so funny! We’ve also done the candy thing at our business at our quarterly meetings. The employees do love it! You shouldn’t feel guilty about the ice cream-it was your birthday after all! I don’t know when I’ll attempt to step on the scale. Day three down now on my cleanse and I still feel tubby! 🙁 Hoping by fasting twice a week till Christmas that I’ll be back to pre-Hawaii weight! And OMG, it was a Samsung fridge we had that died! We called an appliance repair place and described what the fridge was doing-basically dead and had some weird codes on the front panel and they told us it sounded like the motor died and it wouldn’t be worth it to have a repairman come out and waste our money. Can’t remember when we bought it? Thinking 7-8 years ago. Unfortunately, we are hoping to remodel in the upcoming year and that small (Whirlpool) fridge we just bought will not work with my new kitchen plans (I plan to have two full sized fridges in the kitchen so as not to keep going out to the garage for the extra food we have to store for a family of six). I supposed I could go to the market more often, but it’s such a chore that I try to knock it out in one visit a week and only rarely shop more if I’m missing something.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now. Hope everyone who was fasting this weekend was successful! I’ve got one more cleanse day tomorrow and then I’m done with that till after Christmas.

Bye! 🙂

Good Morning!

Up and ready for Monday morning boot camp. I haven’t been there since before Thanksgiving, so I’m going to find it hard, I’m sure. That’s what I get for running around and not being home in my routine! I have a dermatologist appt this afternoon and will stop at the mall and do a bit of Christmas shopping. It’s a cloudy, rainy day, so a good day for shopping.

Sherry…you must have a huge kitchen! How exciting to be remodeling. My kitchen needs a remodel too……..some day.

Eliz..don’t worry about the eating holiday “stuff”. Just get back on track as soon as you can. I was going to avoid the scale until the New Year, but I decided to bite the bullet and stepped on this morning. I’m basically maintaining, but need to get back to losing. Holidays make it tough to stick to plan, but the social part of life is important too.

Cinque…hope things are going well with you. Is your Granddaughter getting excited about the holidays?

Off I go!

Today is my real fast day!! I’m trying to do modified fasts on Monday, Wed. and Friday–ie, not eating until afternoon or not eating carbs, for example, unless I have a lunch scheduled or something like that.

I do have a hint to share for winter. I drink lemon water through the day and in the winter I heat it in the microwave. I squeeze a quarter lemon in a pint glass in the morning and I add to it as the day goes on. When it’s heated, the lemon flavor will still come out even on the third refill. I just make sure there’s a little water in the bottom when I refill it. Anything that helps!!!!

Happy Tuesday!

I made it thru another boot camp session and did a little household stuff and that’s about it. I’m glad tomorrow is my day off, as I’m sore!

Hubby got another deer today. He had both a buck license and a doe license and has used them both…thank goodness. I have no idea where he thinks he’s putting all the meat. Our freezer does not have that much room. Luckily I ranted to an empty house before he got home and now I’m just in the “whatever” phase. Better than saying something to him that I would regret. I will never understand the hunting thing, but have to accept that it is important to him.

We’re having a bit of wintry mix precipitation this afternoon. I’m glad to be able to stay in where it’s warm and dry.

Elizabeth..thanks for the lemon water tip. If I don’t want coffee or tea, I will heat water in my coffee cup in the micro and just drink that to warm up.

Tonight we’re having salmon and some steamed shrimp that I bought at the market yesterday. We ate some of them last night…yum.

Hope you’re having a good week!

Hello to the few that are here! Quiet forum lately!

I finished the cleanse as of this morning. I don’t know at what weight I started but it must have been bad because this morning I was 118. Aaaack! I was down to 116 before Hawaii. I suspected as much because I was figuring it would take me till Christmas to get fully back down to pre-Hawaii weight.” Mr. Sherry” lost 4 pounds. He seems to be happy and packed himself a healthy lunch-even measuring out his beloved tortilla chips at 1 ounce!

Lori, you seem to be able to maintain or bounce back from your vacation indulgences easier than me, you lucky lady! Yep, I don’t get the hunting thing either, especially if you’ve already got a full freezer! I’m sure if my husband still lived where it was easy to hunt, he’d be out there too. It’s in their blood. Oh, and I currently do NOT have a huge kitchen. The one I want to create when and if we remodel will be pretty big. The one I have now is definitely not a “cook’s kitchen” and is very awkward in it’s lay out.

Hey Elizabeth, glad to hear you’re finding a mix of the plan that’s working for you! In years past I would have just given up from Thanksgiving till after the new year so the fact we are still trying this time of the year is a great achievement! I do the warm lemon water thing too whenever I think of it. I like to add a bit of stevia drops to make it like hot lemonade. While on the cleanse, I have it first thing in the morning with 1/4 tsp. each of turmeric and ginger powder and a sprinkle of cinnamon (with some stevia). Supposed to be very healing/anti-inflammatory. I read once that Sophia Loren always drinks warm water with lemon first thing in the morning to clean out the digestive system.

Well, I’ve got a bunch of things to get to today and it’s starting to stress me out. The holidays always do. As if there isn’t enough to do already with a family of six! I’ve got to get going!

Hi Cinque, Salma and all our other friends out there!

Major screw-up today….it was supposed to be fast day but I went into the office, which I usually do on Wednesday, and told my husband we could go out to eat as usual. I was thinking Wednesday….so he didn’t take a lunch and planned to go out with me. And then it was crazy cold and windy so I wanted something warm and quick….anyway we ended up at Moe’s and I got the quesadilla instead of my usual little taco so all around disaster!! Just writing it off.

I know one day I will really miss my daughter talking to me non-stop but I feel as if I can’t complete a thought without her chiming in with whatever pops in her mind….how they make the mystery flavor of dum-dums, for example!!!!

I have made a little progress on Christmas stuff….I feel as if I’m playing whack-a-mole–pay attention to daily house and kid stuff then pay attention to holiday stuff then pay attention to our biz stuff then pay attention to prepping my class then pay attention to our remodel decisions and plans. I’m not very good at this!!! I wish I were organized…..

How are your fast days going?? Congrats on the cleanse, Sherry! Lori, how much snow did you get? Does that mess up your exercise plans??

Good Evening!

No…bad weather doesn’t mess up my boot camp as we do it inside, in a studio. If the roads are icy, I don’t go, but otherwise weather is not an obstacle. We didn’t get much snow, just a bit of slushy accumulation.

I started off today planning to have a FD, but by 10AM I had given up. Sigh…I haven’t managed a good FD in a long time. I keep trying.

I’ve been getting Christmas packages in the mail each day. I look at them and put them on a pile. One of these days, I’ll have to start sorting and wrapping. When the packages arrive, I write on the outside who it is for before adding it to the pile. 😉 Not exactly an organized system!

I went and had a nice, relaxing pedicure this afternoon. I also had a glass of wine which has relaxed me so much. It’s only 6PM and I could go to bed! I’ll be lucky to make it until 9 tonight. I’m planning to go to boot camp tomorrow again, so I’ll be up by 4:30.

Hope you all have a good night and day tomorrow.

Good evening all,

Still sleepy around here! No one has posted in a few days! Maybe too busy with Christmas shopping, etc.?
    We took the kids to Disneyland to see the Christmas decorations/ festivities last night. Today I I took my twins to their tennis lesson today and then to an event at a local old Rancho from the 1800’s. They had ornament making and Santa visits. Two of their friends met us there so they had a great time.

I’m behind in my Christmas prep! Still trying to get the Xmas cards out and finish the tree & don’t even get me started on the Christmas shopping! It’s stressing me out talking about it 😳

I’m still hovering in the 118’s. A bit depressing being that I was firmly in the 116’s for quite a bit last month! Oh well, it could be worse- I could just be continuing the eat-a-thon that usually occurs from Thanksgiving through Jan 1st!

Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend and that you’re more ahead of the game with regard to holiday prep than me!

Hasta luego! 🎅🏻

Good Morning!

Sherry…you are a busy bee as usual! You do so many fun things with your kids….awesome!

Cinque….what is happening on your side of the world? Hope your daughter and her family are doing well. Those 2 precious granddaughters…lovely.

Salma…missing you! I hope we all get into the habit of posting here in the new year. I know this time of year we are all pulled in a million directions.

As for me, I am concentrating on my low carb/high fat plan. I have eliminated the chunks of Swiss cheese that made up a big part of my diet. I have to do something to get the last of this weight off. I hope you all don’t mind if I still post here even though I’m not technically doing 5:2. When I finally get to maintenance, I may indeed move to 5:2 for that phase.

Thinking of you all…….Winter is here along with the doldrums. Sigh…..trying hard to keep a positive outlook!

Hugs!

Hey, guys!

Quick pop on before I head out to shop–hopefully I’ll be largely finished this afternoon!

Sherry, 118 is amazing, no matter how short you are!!! You can sort it out in the new year.

Lori, right now I’m not having a lot of luck sticking to 5:2 either but I am doing variations. Today is my real fast day for the week, however, so I’m resolving here to stick to it!!!! Yesterday I was all over the place–stress eating!

The weekend had some challenges. My daughter had her big dance show and it was lovely and we had company over afterward. I don’t regret those calories, but the mindless stress eating around the festivities is my downfall. And I’m not walking right now. It’s cold and windy and gray!!! I’m spoiled because we often get nice weather even in the winter but lately we’ve had either smoke or wind or cold….hopefully that will improve. Not much of an excuse, really.

Good luck to all who are fasting! CBL!!!

Happy evening all!

I’ve had a sick kid home for two days…so far mostly a high fever and some little sniffles. Just waiting for it to make it’s way through the whole household just in time for Christmas! 🙁 I also got a lousy bladder infection. I’d been trying to fend it off with natural remedies but ended up having to go the antibiotic route (which I can’t tell you how much I hate to do to my body). I’m taking lots of probiotics to try to minimize the damage.

Because of my daughter being sick, I had to miss our company gift wrapping party for the presents purchased for the needy seniors. She started to feel a tad better later in the day so I took her with me to get a little teacher/school friend Christmas shopping accomplished.

Weight is still in the mid 118’s. I know, it’s not bad (thanks Elizabeth!) but irritates me nonetheless. If I can maintain that till Christmas and then get to work on getting it back down, I’ll be happy!

Elizabeth, I hope you were able to stick to your fast! Hey, maybe you could take walks in your local mall to avoid the weather (and get a little window shopping for Christmas in to boot!). I do that sometimes when it’s rainy here.

Lori, you shouldn’t worry about posting here while you’re shaking things up with your diet. We ALL do it! 😉 I hope it works for you! At least like I said before, we are all still “trying” this time of year which for many of us (me!) wouldn’t normally be the case!

Ok Cinque and Salma, we are missing you two and the others who post here! Drop in quickly and just let us that you are doing ok if possible!

It’s getting late and I have to do the dinner clean up and wrap some presents.
    Good night!

Good Morning!

Hi Sherry! So sorry you have a sick little at home. 🙁 I hope the rest of the family manages to fend off the “bug”. Sorry too that you have a bladder infection. I have only ever had one of those, but how miserable! Thank God we have antibiotics when we need them. Like you, I hate to have to take them.

Elizabeth, congrats on your daughter’s successful dance show! Don’t worry about the social calories this time of year….tis the season!

I’m ready to head to boot camp this morning. This afternoon I get a haircut..that’s my day. I have things around here to get into, but no set plans for the remainder of my day. Temps in the 30’s today, but a cold front is coming. We’ll be in the single digits and only a high in the teens the next couple days. Brrrr…. I’m SO ready for Spring!

Have a great day!

Hey, chickies! Where is everyone??? Hope you’re all okay!

I had a decent fast day Tuesday but then it’s been downhill!! My daughter had the endoscopy Wednesday and also had a probe put in for 24 hours so I was dealing with anxiety and later trying to get her to eat so the probe would be somewhat representative! The endoscopy showed healthy tissue, so that is good except for the fact that we still don’t know what is causing her issues. At least I don’t have to worry about causing cancer later in life! All these guilt trips moms can face. The doctor took biopsies and we’ll hear in a week or so on that but he didn’t think it would show anything since it looked healthy. We’ll also hear about the probe in a week. Anyway, she was very nervous about the IV but they were able to give her gas and basically knock her out before they did it. Big relief! She does not get along with needles!!!

I let her have gluten afterward since we had planned to try it again once the test was done. So we’ll see how it goes. Maybe she’ll grow out of it, haha.

And now the holidays will be upon us–she gets out of school at noon and my son will be home tomorrow evening. I hope to keep the sugar to a reasonable amount. It’s such a destructive tradition. I did catch myself last night–I had had something sweet already and saw the chocolates my neighbor brought and almost got one and then I did a self check and realized my stomach was already feeling icky from sugar. So I stopped!! Small victories. I need to learn to throw it out. Maybe I’ll do some of that this morning….

I think I may make today a fast day also. At least until dinner….

Have a great weekend, Elizabeth

Hi Everyone,
    I have been so busy and the thread has been so quiet! I’m well and my granddaughters are absolutely gorgeous, I have been working so hard on my community food project but there were big misunderstandings between me and the organisation I was working with. Still trying to come to an agreement that the YamDaisy cafe will go ahead, but it seems unlikely now. Waiting to hear their proposal, which I should get in the next week, and so I have a bit of a holiday and I am madly catching up with people.

Carolina, if you would like to be on two threads at the same time, why not join the Silly Season Challenge? https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/silly-season-challenge/page/2/#post-181048 It is about eating well over the Christmas period, and everyone is sharing how they are managing or not.

Congrats for getting through the endoscopy and probe, it was probably harder than if it was done to yourself.

Sherry I hope your family is all well now!
    Lori, cheers for boot camp on a cold morning!

Good luck with your fast days!

Hi my lovely ladies!

A quick hello before I head out to my two niece’s play. I’m not getting the email alerts when you guys post as before…why, I don’t know. So I checked in and sure enough, there’s posts to be read!

Ahhh, Christmas music is playing in the background and it would be wonderful if it weren’t competing with kids fighting (over who’s Kleenex box it is!) Apparently really important when you’ve got a bunch of sickies at home! And, btw, we do have more than one Kleenex box in the house.

So, I’m still in the middle of the craziness of shopping, wrapping, going to innumerable Christmas plays, choir performances, Xmas parties, etc. Why does everyone pack in so much at this already busy time of the year?

I haven’t weighed in a few days, but last weigh-in still sticking in 118’s. Just reporting here to keep myself in check!

I took a walk with my hubby this evening and we “got into it” about how I kill myself/get stressed out every year making WAY too much in the way of Christmas goodies that no one seems to eat as much of anymore because everyone is trying to watch it. Everyone loves to see that table of desserts right when they walk in…there’s a lot of ooo-ing and ahhh-ing but not as much eating. I have to learn to reign it in…I’m Italian…it’s hard…we have a passion to feed everyone way to much of everything. God forbid someone go away not feeling stuffed! Does anyone else share my problem? If it were up to me, I’d just make my healthy-ish goodies but I don’t think most people would be into it like me/my family is. I am going to make a few of those things and see what the reception is.

Lori, good job on continuing with the boot camp during this busy time of year. Did you get all those packages that were coming in unpacked and wrapped for Christmas? I have a bunch from Amazon sitting in my closet staring at me! 🙁

Elizabeth, I sure hope they figure things out soon for your poor daughter. The worst is not knowing what’s going on so you can just deal with it. Yay for your victory over the sweets! It’s the small victory upon small victories that build upon each other that eventually equal success!

Cinque, good seeing you back here! I’m sorry that the project may not go on as planned! 🙁 I hope the new proposal works for all involved. What a fun Christmas you will have with the little ones. I imagine Christmas in Australia as being a picnic on the beach in the warm, sunny weather!

Ok, I need to get ready for the play. I’ll try to check in over the next week but times are getting busy! busy! busy!

Hi all,
    Sorry I’ve been absent. This is such a busy time of the year for all of us I think and not a good time to be sick. Icky virus my daughter kindly passed on to me. Feeling much better now thank goodness.
    Sounds like you have all been busy. Just finished wrapping Christmas gifts. Still have a couple to get, think I will get out early Monday morning and finish it off. Don’t know about you but I always find I’m missing something when I’m wrapping !!
    Seem to be maintaining with the weight at the moment which is frustrating when I still have a few kilos to lose 🤔 Fast day today, just sitting here munching on an apple and a glass of water 😉 Had a few functions this past week although I ate reasonably healthy. But then I had to have that small piece of chocolate brownie that my girlfriends daughter had made special for us after our healthy lunch 😬 It was yummy btw !
    Sounds like the weather is cooling off for all you northern hemisphere people. I know my brother in law in Portland, Oregon was saying it’s getting cold now. ❄️❄️❄️❄️
    It’s funny Sherryann that you have visions of us Southern Hemisphere girls having Christmas at the beach. For me and my family because of our northern hemisphere origins we still have a traditional Turkey and roast vegetables with plum pudding and brandy custard. Although our nod to the hot weather is normally seafood for entree. I am hoping it’s not too hot on Christmas Day, it can be unpleasant with the oven on, the poor air conditioner has to work overtime haha
    Hope all the sickies are over their leurgies by Christmas.
    Many blessings to each of you and your homes at this special time of Christmas
    Love Tilly xxx

Good Morning!

Nice to see a few posts here…..it’s been too quiet!

I’ve had a quiet few days. I’m sort of hibernating in this cold weather. Today I’m going to work on wrapping some Christmas gifts. I’m not sure how much paper I have left from last year. I may not get very far with my wrapping until I make a trip to the store for supplies.

I had a couple over-eating days this week, but reigned it in yesterday. I’m hoping to do ok over the weekend so Monday’s weigh-in is not too shocking. I really need to get a better exercise regime in place. I have a treadmill upstairs that I really need to make use of. Even on boot camp days, I need to do a half hour(at least)on the treadmill. I’m spending WAY too much time sitting. I’m glad to be content at home, but I really need to get moving! The cold weather always does this to me. I just want to be under my warm fuzzy blanket!

Cinque…I have no doubt that you’re enjoying your grandbabies. They are lovely. Sorry things are not working out with Yam Daisy. Hope things turn around. You’ve worked so hard on this project.

Sherry…you are SO busy! I don’t bake cookies or make treats very often. Of course, I don’t have kids around that really love that stuff. My husband likes cookies etc, but doesn’t eat a lot of them and I simply cannot eat that kind of thing. I have to come up with some kind of dessert to take to our daughter’s next weekend. She’s making a big Christmas eve dinner and we’ll be staying overnight to be there Christmas morning. Should be fun.

Well, one cup of coffee down and I’m contemplating another. Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Hi all. I’ve been reading your posts and following along but not really participating because of time.

Winter has finally arrived. I’m in Ontario about an hour outside Toronto. We had a warm fall and now finally have snow in time for Christmas. I’m happy about that but want it to all go away by January 3rd, lol! Got most of my shopping done. Did some baking today. Candy cane bark. A family favourite and also great to give as gifts to co-workers etc.

I do want to say to anyone new or discouraged, this way of eating has totally worked for me. I’ve lost about 13lbs since I started in late September. Slow. But steady. Noticing my clothes. Have lost inches. Only a couple of people have commented so far but I’m very pleased. The friend who told me about this has given up for the holidays. IMO, she eats too much on Both her fast and non-fast days. I think without realizing it. Especially her non FD’s seem to be a bit of a free for all and also a bit of a sugar addiction. Sugar doesn’t tempt me thank God. It’s popcorn I love lol. I’m strict on my two fast days. It’s tough but because it’s working I’m not getting discouraged. I also find I eat much healthier on the non FD’s because I don’t want to mess up any loss I’ve had. This is without exercise beyond a couple of yoga classes a week and an active job.

So! It works!!!! I’d recommend it to anyone, easy, healthy, adjusts to any lifestyle.

Hope all are well and not getting too caught up in the Christmas craziness. I plan to do my two FD’s this week, then try over the holidays to get at least one in. And to not overload on food just “because”.

Sorry for the long post – has been “brewing” for a while, lol.

Sue

Hello, Sue! Congrats on the progress!!! I need to do better although I am happy that I lose a little and mainly don’t gain!!! I just had a cookie from a batch we made to welcome my son home. I’m glad I only had one but I realize that the sugar hits me about five minutes later and makes me feel disgusting!!!! Hopefully the lesson is learned!!

My challenge is cooking for the kids. I feel bad that I don’t make a lot of goodies for my daughter. She is eight years younger than my son and with him we did a decent amount of baking. I was 40 when she was born and just can’t do it, haha. Also, when my son is home from college I feel I should make homemade healthy food for him so I’m in the kitchen a lot more and that’s when I slip up!! If it were just me I think I might be skinny!!!

Sherry, I think you’re experiencing something of the same!! My philosophy on doing Christmas stuff is to do it if it brings you joy, not if you just feel you should….so for me, I do Christmas cards because they’re something I enjoy and some years I even do something creative like an I spy based on our Christmas decorations or a Wordle instead of a letter. It’s hard to pare down because my daughter is super enthusiastic. I’m trying to tell her that thinking something has to be perfect is a good way to ruin something that is already good….

Cinque, sorry about the misunderstanding. Is this something bothering you a lot? I can see how it would bother me but maybe there is a silver lining.

Lori, my son said he left he snow in PA! Hope you are staying cozy! It was bitter and windy here earlier but really warmed up yesterday.

Tilly, is leurgies a real term or was that a typo? It’s always interesting to learn new phrases….sounds like a thing!

Okay, so now that I’ve reinforced the idea that sugar is evil I am prepared to do better!! Take care, all!!!

Hi all,

It is sunny here in California (after two days of strong rains) and warmish during the day but very cold at night (30’s and 40’s is cold for us!).

Still not getting my email notifications of posts. What was it that Salma did when this happened? Contact the site administrator or something?

I guess during this holiday season all we can do is keep trying our best. Elizabeth, I too got into the cookies a bit while baking last night. But, I have been eating pretty good otherwise and taking my daily walks so hopefully it all works out.

So as of today, officially, I am the only one in the house not sick (knock on wood). My son is pretty well by now but the rest are a mess of runny noses and coughing. My poor husband, who never gets sick looks like he might even have a touch of a flu with all of the above plus aches, even though he had the flu shot. He must have gotten a variety not covered with the shot. I rely on him a lot to help me get Christmas stuff done so I hope he recuperates quickly!

Good to see some of our long lost members popping in (Tilly and Sue)! Yay Tilly for being able to maintain this time of the year and congrats to Sue for losing 13 lbs! Amazing!

Lori, why do you have to do 30 min on the treadmill too on boot camp days? Sounds like a lot! I too am going to try to do more wrapping today. UGH! Makes my back hurt. I try to stand at a table and do it so I don’t bend too much!

Elizabeth, I do take joy in baking but not in doing too much of it anymore. Amazing as we get older what we used to accomplish and it didn’t bother us but now it can be tiring/too much. If I didn’t still have young kids at home, I wouldn’t do half the baking and decorating I do now. I feel an obligation to them to make a nice Christmas. They love all of this stuff.

Ok, time to get productive with regard to the Christmas wrapping, etc.

Love to all and stay strong during this wonderful but sometimes difficult time of year!

Sherry

Hi all. Sherry, I heard California got s lot of rain after a long drought. Finally! We have bitter cold here. But warming up later in the week and at least it’s sunny. We’ll have snow on the ground for Christmas which is always nice. But none flying to interfere with Christmas visits!
    Argh surrounded by temptation on all sides! Co worker brought in caramels. Former co-worker brought in fancy cookies. It’s my fast day and it’s gonna be a tough one lol. Sitting in the break room just had breakfast of two eggs and an orange. Food a teensy bit less tempting lol.
    Caught up in panic over last minute gifts I haven’t bought! Was awake at 4:30am over this lol. Going to take Wednesday afternoon off to finish it up. Hard to get motivated at night to go out when it’s so cold. I’m trying to get in two yoga classes this week and my son has two tae kwon do. Husband owns a restaurant so is busy and very crabby. Leaves all his shopping until December 23rs then gets annoyed that I’ve bought all the gifts for our son. If you leave it too long things get sold out!!
    Anyway that’s my rant. Back to the unsafe environment of caramels and cookies lol.
    Determined to stick to the two FDs this week then relax over the holidays.
    Enjoy your day!! Australia ladies, I hear it’s crazy hot there?
    Sue

Hi Sue,
    It’s cooler and wet today but Christmas is going to be hot in Melbourne. Christmas they are predicting 30 deg, then Christmas Day is 32 deg and Boxing Day is forecast 36 deg phew !! Glad we have air conditioning.
    Like you I’m trying to have two full fast days then low calorie days until the Christmas eating begins !
    Finished off those last minute gifts yesterday, did manage a gym session yesterday afternoon as well. Will try and get there today. Have a fair bit of baking to get done. Glad it’s cooler.
    Have a good one all
    Love Tilly ❤️

Hi girls,

8 pm here. Just finished a long day which started with pilates in the morning, one of our office parties about 45 minute’s drive away and then Christmas shopping. I’ve still not managed to wrap that many of the gifts and I’ve not been able to get to the market to get my supplies to make cookies and for Christmas Eve dinner. Everyone being sick over here and taking care of them has kind of thrown me off schedule. I will have to do the shopping after our closer office Christmas party tomorrow. Then hopefully I can start in on some baking tomorrow night. Baking is hard for me! I’m a sampler of some of the ingredients, the dough, the finished cookies, you name it! I’m praying for the resolve to stay strong! How are those of you that are baking handling it?

I put on the ‘ol skinny jeans today and they didn’t make me look all that skinny any more! Switched to straight leg black pants…a more slimming choice for me right now (sigh). I managed a fast yesterday and actually didn’t eat any of the sweets at the office party so that’s a victory. I did get into the tortilla chips(kips for Cinque!) though!

Sue, so funny! I also was wide awake around 4am in the morning with a vague sense of anxiety about all that’s needing getting done/bought! Here’s hoping you can stay strong with all the temptations

Tilly, I’ll be baking along with you! I have about six variety of cookies I’m making and a pineapple upside down cake (we’re doing a Hawaiian theme for Christmas Eve dinner at our house, including kalua pig and huli huli chicken!).

Hi Cinque, Lori, Elizabeth and long lost Salma!

Viewing 50 posts - 4,351 through 4,400 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.