Menstruation/hormones and the 5:2

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Menstruation/hormones and the 5:2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NattyNeika 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I was just wondering whether anyone else has noticed differnces/irregularities in their cycle since doing the 5:2?

I have been doing the 5:2 successfully now for the past 4 and a half weeks. However, 2 weeks into it, I had a much heavier period than usual, and then since that time I have had some intermittent bleeding the past 2 weeks, which is starting to be a pain. I am also 49, so dont know whether its the effects of the 5:2, or whether its age related?

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

hi Liz-
    I think the symptoms you describe are more likely to do with being perimenopausal rather than the 5:2…going into menopause often affects length of cycle and so on. However “intermittent bleeding” really needs to be checked out.. it probably is to do with your age but really you should see your GP and discuss this with them-
    best wishes

Thanks sara-gee. I will get it checked out,but I think it could be like you say the peri-menopause.

I am 54 and have had lots of hormonal problems, but being menopausal and starting 5:2 diet on 16/05/2013 I have had my first period for 11 months. I feel less “got at” by my body and peaceful with myself than I have felt in ages! Heaps more energy too! (my hairs on my chin are less thick, too much information here I fear!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.