Mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy effects.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy effects.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chessey 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Can anyone give me some help, please? I had a mastectomy followed by chemo and radiotherapy 14yrs ago.Eversince I have slowly but surely gained weight around my middle, does this 5.2 work for this? I am just average everywhere else and am so frustrated trying to shift my tummy. Tia

Hi Weekwilled,
    I think the chances are that 5:2 will work really well for you! The best thing about it is that it can fit easily into life: the fasts are not complete fasts, you are just eating lightly on those two days that suit you to do so. And on other days you eat normal amounts of normal healthy foods.
    If you get hungry on a fast day, you think, ‘it is just one day, I can manage it!’
    I hope you give it a try!

I have had all you had and a bit more ! I had Tamoxifen for 5 years and then my reconstructions looked bad so I had a diep … Took out the implant etc amd
    Put my stomach into my breast ! They then lipo your hips to even you out . So i have a flat stomach but now my arms are fat as anything ! I gained a stone since finishing chemo .
    So since then I lost 7lbs and its been a war ! I think it has to be won in bite sized pieces !
    Lose /stabilise cycles !

So this is what I did that has worked ..(.I could write a book about what hasnt !)
    I have a medical background and I did a lot of research . If its purely for health reasons checkout the TED talk by a neuro physiologist that is very relevant called “Why dieting doesnt usually work !”
    1. Be sensible about your goal …3lbs in a month is a mega mega achievement .
    2. Keeping what you lose off will require changing your life , mindset and doing different things and aything to achieve this at different times.
    3. Fast diet I think is the easiest and least faddy diet
    4. I fast mon- , tuesday Nd weds afternoon .
    5. I get through the day by using a very effective appetitie curbing drink …here goes …2 before 2 pm one in the evening after eating ( no matcha in that)

Celery .spinach , a green apple , big chunk of fresh ginger, parsley , kale … Lime juice , water and if really starviing a scoop of organic whey powder. Then add a small tsp of matcha inti the two Morning ones.
    Drink herb teas all morning ,lemon and ginger sliced in hot water ! Keep going as long as you can then have a small piece of really nicely done fish … Marinated eg in soy, lemon, little maple syrup and i eat a little buckwheat boiled with turmeric .i have some salad with lemon and olive oil ( not too much) and capers, gherkins etc . Make itreally nice and eat slowly. I like green tabasco too its not spicy but helps you eats slowly.
    One more green juice after ( no matcha) and if i cant sleep i drink a small glass of skimmed milk.
    Then eat no carbs for the other days . Or at least if you do no white ones .. I dont eat meat … Worried about cancer risk … Became pescatarian .
    I cheat with the odd tiny milky coffee and papaya ( seems to keep everything working very well)

So like that I lost 7lbs and kept if off for 6 months. Now I have started biking and swimming … A bit ! Thats help with the next 7 lbs … Sirt food recipes are weird but curiosly filling

You have to plan your wt loss on the calendar for when you can go for it
    Make your family do it too… Chances are you are not the only one carrying a little extra !
    Alcohol… Its death to weight loss … Wine gives you belly fat … if you have to vodka or champagne. Sugar free mojito is nice too.
    You can get used to it if you want to.

Psychology … Keep saying you are not hungry, also say “this too will pass ” when you feel the psychological desire to feed y’self ..chicken bovril helps ( it isnt healthy has msg but it does hit the spot especially if you are light headed)

Get your cholesterol checked too . Make this a health mission . Nobody goes theough what we,ve been through to have alzheimers or a stroke that can be avoided.
    I didn’t know this but chemo can permanently damage your liver function and low oestrogen ..long term… much to my horror my chokesterol was high . If so take folic acid and methylated b vits …it may help. Get your BP checked and give yourself an mot. Ask your GP to check your stool for blood and anything else for free ! Ovarian or uterine uss if you have been on Tamoxifem etc.

EXpect to be cranky on the fast days . Get a netflix subscription and treat yourself to. Gripping tv series sleep early ! I sometimes hust have a lie down and sign out for a few hours .

Always remeber that this is for you and the future you want not to fit into jeans a size smaller … !
    Dont read womens magazines they will make take your mind away from reality and you will get disappointed with your image.

Sign up for a sporting event ! Good luck its hard post all the cancer nonsense BUT just remember what you fought for and get to a healthy weight it takes time and maintenance and if nothi g else DO NOT GAIN anymore weight !
    Good luck ! I will post how I get on with
    My second half stone grrrrrrrr

Sorry that was long …phew ! I really share your pain !!!
    Good luck ! My metabloism is a stubborn as a rhino

I only did the fasting for the first 6weeks lost the 7lbs then kept it off for 3 1/2 months by low carbs, cutti g alcohol and meat.
    I did the odd fast day after big days when i had not followed my plan a sort of payback day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.